PDA

View Full Version : Due to fouls against Pacers, Udonis Haslem suspended 1 game, Dexter Pittman 3 games

DStebb716
05-23-2012, 06:43 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10035

G-train
05-23-2012, 06:44 PM
Per Adrian Woj

No way Haslem should be suspended.

Punpun
05-23-2012, 06:45 PM
In other words, joke sanctions.

DStebb716
05-23-2012, 06:45 PM

I disagree

LamarOdom
05-23-2012, 06:46 PM
IF wade or LeBron did same things they wouldn't be suspended.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-23-2012, 06:46 PM
If true, I think those are good calls by the League.
Just like when they suspended MWP for 7 games, it was the right call.
Just like when they suspended Bynum for 5 games, it was the right call.

Sometimes, it appears, they DO get things right.

PJR
05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Flagrant 1 on the court..

Suspension off. Ridiculous. :oldlol:

Punpun
05-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Lovin' your sarcasm bleedin.

WeGetRing2012
05-23-2012, 06:48 PM
How is Haslem only suspended 1 game :facepalm

Both should be 3 but of course the Heat need Haslem

G-train
05-23-2012, 06:50 PM
I disagree

cos u have a vagine

BuGzBuNNy
Didn't think Haslem deserved suspension.

AMISTILLILL
When's Wade getting suspended for that push a few games back?

Rysio
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
should've been at least 2.

PTstyle272
05-23-2012, 06:51 PM
Sounds about right, not sure how Tylers was upgraded to a flagrant two though....

DuMa
05-23-2012, 06:52 PM
if haslem got 1, i thought tyler deserved 1 as well. both went to the head. but haslem's was way more obvious.

AngelEyes
05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
1 game sounds about right for Haslem.

G-train
05-23-2012, 06:53 PM
We all know the NBA has gone soft to save its image, we understand that.
But in the playoffs, when your star gets flagrantly smashed in face by scrub, then said scub gets smashed back with front on contact (not a weak play) and the bringer of justice gets suspended, well thats just pathetic and I may as well sit on the couch in Arkansas watching bad streams with Euroleague.

DTreats
05-23-2012, 06:54 PM
Well deserved.

G-train
Sounds about right, not sure how Tylers was upgraded to a flagrant two though....

GTFO.

AMISTILLILL
We all know the NBA has gone soft to save its image, we understand that.
But in the playoffs, when your star gets flagrantly smashed in face by scrub, then said scub gets smashed back with front on contact (not a weak play) and the bringer of justice gets suspended, well thats just pathetic and I may as well sit on the couch in Arkansas watching bad streams with Euroleague.

Yeah, being a Heat fan definitely doesn't factor into this at all, does it?

TonyD
05-23-2012, 06:55 PM
This should make things interesting...

G-train
05-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Yeah, being a Heat fan definitely doesn't factor into this at all, does it?

I have a strong supporter of hard fouls aka basketball on this site for years regardless of players involved.

Doranku
05-23-2012, 06:57 PM
lol @ people thinking Haslem was going to get two games. You think the NBA would risk the Heat being at a disadvantage for Game 7.

(e)
05-23-2012, 06:57 PM
Haslem deserved a game. Pittman deserved more than 3, Bynum got 5 - this was probably a more dangerous hit.

Hansbrough didn't deserve to be suspended.

I approve of the NBA on this decision.

AMISTILLILL
05-23-2012, 07:00 PM
I have a strong supporter of hard fouls aka basketball on this site for years regardless of players involved.

:rolleyes:

Droid101
Expected. Let their best big man get back in time for a game 7. No surprise here.

bleedinpurpleTwo
Lovin' your sarcasm bleedin.
no, dude, I'm serious.
I thought those were reasonable sanctions.
Maybe Pittman deserved a couple more, but otherwise it was the right call, imo.

BlackVVaves
lol @ people thinking Haslem was going to get two games. You think the NBA would risk the Heat being at a disadvantage for Game 7.

This.

sportsfan76
05-23-2012, 07:02 PM
The 1988 Pistons are rolling over in their grave

Doranku
05-23-2012, 07:03 PM
Pittman's definitely should have been longer. Bynum got 5 for a less dangerous hit, and his was out of emotion/frustration.

Pittman, on the other hand, went straight for a guy's neck and CLOBBERED him. Not to mention the attack was obviously premeditated. Dude came into the game solely to injure someone. The wink afterwards says it all. You just can't have that in the NBA.

The wink after the hit alone deserves at least 10 games. But I guess it doesn't matter since Pittman wouldn't have played in those games, anyway.

AlexanderRight
05-23-2012, 07:05 PM
So how come the white guy wasn't suspended? He had a flagrant one just like Haslem.

This league is f*cking GAY

Because the "white guy" made an actual play for the ball...

AMISTILLILL
05-23-2012, 07:06 PM
Pittman's definitely should have been longer. Bynum got 5 for a less dangerous hit, and his was out of emotion/frustration.

He also stripped his jersey off on the way to locker room. Pretty sure that factored into Bynum's suspension time as well.

Indian guy
05-23-2012, 07:07 PM
Haslem's suspension is clear sign of the league's desire to see a Game 7.

jrong
05-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Very lenient on Pittman, but who cares? Right call on Haslem.

icewill36
no way haslems foul was hard enough to warrant a suspension... tossed from the game, a fine, but not a suspension

sportsfan76
So did these suspensions come about because the media wouldn't shut the F*ck up about what happened?

The NBA office feels pressure to make decisions because of the media's coverage? This league is a f*cking joke

(e)
05-23-2012, 07:11 PM
So how come the white guy wasn't suspended? He had a flagrant one just like Haslem.

This league is f*cking GAY
Because Haslem's should of been a flagrant 2 on the court. His hit was excessive and made no attempt at the ball.

sportsfan76
05-23-2012, 07:11 PM
Because the "white guy" made an actual play for the ball...

I think AL sharpton should look into this

Droid101
05-23-2012, 07:18 PM
So did these suspensions come about because the media wouldn't shut the F*ck up about what happened?

The NBA office feels pressure to make decisions because of the media's coverage? This league is a f*cking joke
Stop watching.

We'll miss you.

LakersReign
05-23-2012, 07:20 PM
If it's true then, it's deserved. I still think Pittman should've gotten 7 games but it's the Heat so.......

PJR
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
My nikka Juwan Howard bout to get them Washington Bullets minutes.

schism206
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
I actually think Pittmans was worse than MWP elbow on Harden... at least Artest was more or less in the heat of the moment. Pittman obviously planned that shit. But

DuMa
05-23-2012, 07:23 PM
[QUOTE=schism206]I actually think Pittmans was worse than MWP elbow on Harden... at least Artest was more or less in the heat of the moment. Pittman obviously planned that shit. But

RRR3
05-23-2012, 07:24 PM
I don't think Haslem's deserved a suspension. The NBA was EXTREMELY lenient on Pittman though he should be gone rest of playoffs IMO (assuming Heat go far, if not a good chunk of next year).

schism206
05-23-2012, 07:25 PM
it really depended on how stephenson reacted too. he didnt even fall down or leave the game. if he had laid down for a minute and left to the locker room or got a 'concussion' you would probably see a harsher punishment.

I know, it was kinda strange... nobody seemed to care. I'm surprised there wasn't a brawl of sorts after that, I guess since it's 2 scrubs, who gives a shit right? Either way, that happening with like 20sec left in the game when your up by 15 points or so, that's premeditated.

Salazaar
05-23-2012, 07:27 PM

What does it matter? :wtf: Delivering a hard elbow to the chest when a guy is up in the air out of frustration doesn't make it look any better. Haslem deserved a fine, but not a suspension... Pittman? Who the hell cares :lol:

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-23-2012, 07:27 PM
I think if Pittman didn't make that foul, Haslem would get a pass. Did you see LeBron & Wade laughing after the play? I bet you all of that was taken into consideration.

DStebb716
05-23-2012, 07:28 PM
This is my full opinion: fair, but I wish it wasn't.

I think basketball should be allowed to be a more physical game than it is currently being officiated as. I want fouls like Haslem's to just be "alright, that's fine don't do it next time." Unfortunately, that's now how it is called now and that's why this suspension is deserved.

Lebron23
05-23-2012, 07:30 PM
Miami will beat the Pacers without Haslem. Pittman will be gone next season. He's a scrub.

caliman
05-23-2012, 07:30 PM

Why are you still watching if the league is a joke?

bagelred
05-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Haslem got suspended? :facepalm This league is getting ridiculous.

Pittman should have got one game.

SpecialQue
05-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Haslem? More like ASS-lem.

Pittman? More like SHIT-man.

jlip
05-23-2012, 07:33 PM
So I guess that this means that Lebron will be playing a whole lot of power forward in game 6.

Droid101
05-23-2012, 07:34 PM
If Granger is injured and misses this game, all these suspensions won't matter anyway.

G-train
05-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Miami will beat the Pacers without Haslem. Pittman will be gone next season. He's a scrub.

I think Pittman has some potential as a backup.

Derka
05-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Tough to see a suspension in the playoffs like that, to be honest...all the same, both are deserved. The Heat aren't exactly formidable up front as it is and this does hurt them. Couple that with going into a tough road environment against a team that just got punked and will be looking to square things up? Could be tough for Miami.

T-Low
05-23-2012, 07:41 PM
IF wade or LeBron did same things they wouldn't be suspended.

:roll: You're funny!

HEAT111
05-23-2012, 07:42 PM
Hear it carefully....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT9qg0dQVMw

Tenchi Ryu
05-23-2012, 07:50 PM
Too soft on Pittman, definitely deserved more than 3 games. Only reason he got off easy is cause Stepheson seems to be not really hurt. If he broke his collar bone though, he would have been out for the season.

sportsfan76
05-23-2012, 07:51 PM

I may not be after this season

sportsfan76
05-23-2012, 07:52 PM

I may not be after this season since the league is becoming too gay

ProfessorMurder
05-23-2012, 07:54 PM
no way haslems foul was hard enough to warrant a suspension... tossed from the game, a fine, but not a suspension

They obviously suspended him because he should've been kicked out of the game last night. If they booted him yesterday he'd play game 6.

For Laker douches, Bynum got 5 games because he'd done shit like that before.

Whoah10115
05-23-2012, 07:55 PM
If Pittman gets 3 games, then Haslem should get the Citizenship award. Seriously.

The Choken One
05-23-2012, 08:30 PM
Pittman...3 games? Lord have mercy... no comment.

And obviously Haslem was getting a 1 game...can't believe some of you idiots are such trolls you didn't think he deserved a suspension. Take off the homer glasses.

but the bigger issue... the refs really shit the bed on both calls. Both should of been ejected right away. Must be nice to be the Miami Heat.

EDIT: Wade should of got 1 game for tackling Collison in the back, too. Ridiculous.

jrong
05-23-2012, 08:31 PM
I think Pittman has some potential as a backup.

I agree. Pittman is a project. Don't give up on him yet. He just needs to learn not to foul every possession.

Rake2204
05-23-2012, 08:43 PM
These punishments sound about right. I sort of felt a suspension or at least a healthy fine was headed Haslem's way since it was brutally apparent he had no interest in making a play on the ball. Even if no damage was done, I still don't believe the league would have been alright with condoning that sort of non-basketball play by not handing down some sort of punishment.

it really depended on how stephenson reacted too. he didnt even fall down or leave the game. if he had laid down for a minute and left to the locker room or got a 'concussion' you would probably see a harsher punishment.
I agree. On the surface, it feels like flawed logic, and maybe it is, but I feel as though anytime someone gets hurt (or appears hurt) on an illegal play, the punishment seems twice as severe.

It all reminds me of Todd Bertuzzi's hit on Steve Moore last decade, when he sucker punched Moore from behind to instigate a retaliatory fight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIEjwOfTiLg&feature=fvst). Players in the NHL frequently attempt to begin a fracas with a gloved punch, only Bertuzzi's knocked Moore out cold, which led to Moore's lifeless fall to the ice with Bertuzzi on his back. Had Bertuzzi's punch merely started the fight, as it does so many times, there would have been no punishment. As it was, he was suspended for a year.

So yeah, had Stephenson gone down in a heap and left everyone wondering if he was still breathing as replays of a vicious elbow to the throat played overhead, I'm thinking the punishment would have been steeper. Again, maybe it's not logical, but it is what it is.

This is my full opinion: fair, but I wish it wasn't.

I think basketball should be allowed to be a more physical game than it is currently being officiated as. I want fouls like Haslem's to just be "alright, that's fine don't do it next time." Unfortunately, that's now how it is called now and that's why this suspension is deserved.
I respect your opinion, but I differ. If I were a player, I would want no business of rules that allow the opposition to decline making a play on the ball and instead end with serious blows to my face or neck. The Bad Boys era happened and it was fun while it lasted, but no self-respecting league (let alone the elite league of the world) could in good faith turn a blind eye to what the NBA had become in the late 80's and early 90's. It was the NBA's duty to protect its players and to prevent serious injury through a pro-active response.

Had the NBA continued to merely fine players a paltry amount for brutal non-plays-on-the-ball, it only would have been a matter of time before something life-altering (aka another Tomjanovich incident) struck the league again. I mean, something like that could still happen, but the NBA's doing their part to limit that possibility, as they should.

04mzwach
05-23-2012, 08:44 PM
Both should have gotten 7 games, but they've been pretty nice lately with the suspensions during the playoffs.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-23-2012, 08:53 PM
wow, just seen the pittman foul :eek: you guys are being generous saying 7 games.

LBJMVP
05-23-2012, 08:54 PM
if haslem got 1, i thought tyler deserved 1 as well. both went to the head. but haslem's was way more obvious.

WTF :wtf:

get outta here. you are seriously biased if you think tyler's was even remotely close. if anything tyler's should have been downgraded from a flagrant one. made a clear play on the ball and ended up hitting wades head.

similar to the wade on bryant foul in the all star game.

haslem made no play at the ball and flung both his hands right at hansbrough's face.

pittman should have gotten longer, and they got the one game suspension right with haslem.

CelticBaller
05-23-2012, 08:58 PM
:applause:

RedBlackAttack
05-23-2012, 09:00 PM
Totally justified.

There is a difference between playing tough and playing dirty. These guys crossed that line last night. I can't believe Pittman only got three games. I thought his play was as bad as MWP's that got seven.

Whoah10115
05-23-2012, 09:03 PM
Haslem got suspended? :facepalm This league is getting ridiculous.

Pittman should have got one game.

MichaelCheazley
05-23-2012, 09:07 PM
EDIT: Wade should of got 1 game for tackling Collison in the back, too. Ridiculous.
Im pretty sure the pacers prefered him not getting suspended since he ended up shooting 1-30

LBJDW305
05-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Lol at people saying 7 games and that Haslem deserved the suspension...then same bitvhes will cry about reffs and league being to soft

LamarOdom
05-23-2012, 09:08 PM
:roll: You're funny!

Why am I funny? it's the truth superstars is treated diffrently

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPVF2qqkYJI

Gundress
05-23-2012, 09:13 PM
I hate the Heat but I believe Haslam should not get suspended 1 game cause he did what he had to when Hansbrough hard foul on Wade so it's part of playoff.

Pittman, I don't understand why he did that? especially when the Heat already kill the Pacers and it was over anyway so what was the reason he did that for? He crosses the line for sure and he should have gotten more than 3 games, just should got more like MWP 7 games.

It makes no sense on Pittman when the Heat already blew the Pacers away.

G-Funk
05-23-2012, 09:20 PM

Sometimes, it appears, they DO get things right.
:cheers:

D.J.
05-23-2012, 09:27 PM
Haslem getting 1 game I agree with. Pittman deserved nothing less than 5 and I personally would have given him 10. They dropped the ball big time with Pittman.

Replay32
05-23-2012, 10:08 PM
The Haslem suspension was bogus. All Haslem did was hit him on the arm with 2 hands. It was excessive, but come on NBA. Since Haslem got suspended, the NBA should of suspended Hansbrough 1 game too. He came off the ball and purposely raked D-Wade in the face with his fingers. You can clearly see it on the replay.

Pittman should of been suspended at least 7 games. The same as Artest. But Pittman is a scrub, so who cares. lol

LBJMVP
05-23-2012, 10:10 PM
The Haslem suspension was bogus. All Haslem did was hit him on the arm with 2 hands. It was excessive, but come on NBA. Since Haslem got suspended the NBA should of suspended Hansbrough should of got suspended 1 game too. He came off the ball and purposely raked D-Wade in the face with his fingers. You can clearly see it on the replay.

Pittman should of been suspended at least 7 games. The same as Artest. But Pittman is a scrub, so who cares. lol

:rolleyes: no even close.

hansbrough made and obvious play on the ball.
haslem made not attempt on the ball and went for tylers face.
luckily tyler moved out of the way.

bigkingsfan
05-23-2012, 10:13 PM
I didn't know there was a Haslam on the Heats roster.

Replay32
05-23-2012, 10:24 PM
:rolleyes: no even close.

hansbrough made and obvious play on the ball.
haslem made not attempt on the ball and went for tylers face.
luckily tyler moved out of the way.

After he hit the ball, he used his nails and raked Wade across the face. That's how he was cut. If he was just going for the ball he would of slap wade in the face, not cut him with is nails. After the follow through Hansbrough used his hand as a claw. He wanted to do some damage. You can clearly see it on the replay.

Neither one of them should of gotten suspended. But since the NBA suspended Haslem, Hansbrough should of gotten suspended too. The NBA upgraded both fouls to a flagrant 2. I think they just want this thing to go 7 IMO.

inclinerator
05-23-2012, 10:27 PM
doesnt matter, the series ends tomorrow

gilalizard
05-23-2012, 10:33 PM
Haslem arguably should of gotten two games. He was clearly aiming for the head in "retaliation" for a legit foul earlier on Wade. He also should of been ejected instantly.

Pittman should of gotten 5 or more.

Wade should of gotten an ejection and 1 for his from-behind body-check on Collison.

Heat are allowed to get away with murder.

Ketchup
05-23-2012, 10:47 PM
Why should Wade have gotten one for his behind body check, yet when Chandler did it to Lebron in the first round series everyone was disgraced it was even a flagrant?

Talk about bias against the Heat. Some of you need to take your anti Heat glasses off.

GoRapz
05-23-2012, 10:49 PM
Haslem suspension was uncalled for. That's just tough physical playoff ball right there :confusedshrug:

Pittman should have gotten more than 3 games though. Although I guess it doesn't really matter since he's a scrub anyways...

Lebron23
05-23-2012, 10:50 PM
doesnt matter, the series ends tomorrow

The End is Near. Sixers vs. Heat in the Conference Finals.

TheStarting5ive
05-23-2012, 11:42 PM
For Haslem, if it had been called a flagrant 2 and he was thrown out of the game then, there would have been no suspension and I would be fine with that. There was no way though, that he wasn't going to miss any time for that foul. Blame this on the refs.

Pittman though? Should have been suspended for the rest of the playoffs and a minimum of 10 games next season. Disgusting.

Cangri
05-23-2012, 11:43 PM
The Heat without Pittman? Pacers in 7.

ihoopallday
05-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Lol a thread including Haslem and Pittman has 7 pages already. You know people really hate Miami. Anyways, good job by the league. Hopefully we have a clean game 6.

NumberSix
05-23-2012, 11:54 PM
F--king ridiculous

Velocirap31
05-24-2012, 12:28 AM

:lol

PTstyle272
05-24-2012, 12:50 AM

or HIT-man

:confusedshrug:

PTstyle272
05-24-2012, 12:53 AM
http://gifsoup.com/view5/3750637/haslem-flagrant-o.gif

honestly...this didnt deserve a game suspension? not sure how people can actually believe that.

B
05-24-2012, 12:54 AM

Sometimes, it appears, they DO get things right.They are good calls. The thing I find amazing is all these fouls were flagrant ones on the court yet the league reviews them and they warrant suspensions. You knew they were bad calls when made, I assumed they'd all be bumped to flagrant two's but going from a F1 to a F2 with suspensions is huge, shows how badly the refs missed the play

trig
05-24-2012, 01:23 AM
1 game suspension on haslem is about right. Pittman though should be suspended for more than 3. It was way worse than what bynum and metta did.

I also think Wade shouldve been thrown out in that foul on Collision

Kujo
05-24-2012, 01:27 AM
Haslem was lucky to only get 1 game. Pittman deserved at least 5 games imho, but he's a bench warmer, so is absence is meaningless.

Not sure why Psycho T's foul was upgraded to a flagrant 2. At least he went for the ball.

All Net
05-24-2012, 01:32 AM
If West and Granger return this looks to be heading for a game 7.

bdreason
05-24-2012, 02:25 AM
If Haslem is suspended, then Hansbrough should be suspended.

Hansbrough even gave a "hell yeah" low-five to his teammate right after the play... at least Haslem tried to pretend it was an accident. :facepalm

NBA went too far to try and prove they are "neutral".

kNIOKAS
05-24-2012, 02:30 AM

Hansbrough even gave a "hell yeah" low-five to his teammate right after the play... at least Haslem tried to pretend it was an accident. :facepalm

Yup we now decide suspensions according to lexical exchanges there on court.
And lets just dismiss Haslem because he tries to pretend, I mean why not. He tried to pretend it wasn't intentional... He's clean in my book!

senelcoolidge
05-24-2012, 02:31 AM
The way the NBA hands out suspensions is so weird. Hansbrough should have been suspended too. Wade should have been suspended for what he did to Collison. There are countless other examples during the season when guys should have gotten suspension. I've seen players get close lined and the offender gets no suspension.

SunsCaptain
05-24-2012, 02:32 AM
Lets not act like LeBron shouldnt have been suspended....

Atleast 3 games.

NumberSix
A) White guy scrapes black superstars face and draws blood then proceeds to celebrate.

B) Black guy pounds white bench player in the shoulder.

Black guy gets suspended without pay. White guy doesn't.

tpols

Nah.. Haslem hit him a lot harder. And it was clear retaliation.

bdreason
05-24-2012, 02:34 AM
Yup we now decide suspensions according to lexical exchanges there on court.
And lets just dismiss Haslem because he tries to pretend, I mean why not. He tried to pretend it wasn't intentional... He's clean in my book!

I didn't say dismiss Haslem. I said if one gets a suspension, so should the other. Hansbrough made it clear he meant to foul Wade hard, and it was contact to the head. He even celebrated the flagrant foul. :confusedshrug:

SunsCaptain
05-24-2012, 02:34 AM
A) White guy scrapes superstars face and draws blood then proceeds to celebrate.

B) Black guy pounds bench player in the shoulder.

Black guy gets suspended without pay. White guy doesn't.

Must be trying to cut back on the black on black violence.

Send a msg to the hoods.

Repect your fellow brothas instead of murdering them.

Props NBA.

bdreason
05-24-2012, 02:38 AM
Nah.. Haslem hit him a lot harder.

Is that why one guy popped up, undamaged, and the other guy had to get stitches over his eye? :confusedshrug:

I don't think either guy should get suspend, but to suspend one and not the other is laughable at best.

tpols
05-24-2012, 02:42 AM
Is that why one guy popped up, undamaged, and the other guy had to get stitches over his eye? :confusedshrug:

I don't think either guy should get suspend, but to suspend one and not the other is laughable at best.
Tyler Hansborough is a tough kid. He can take it a lot better than most. But Haslem karate chopped him with both hands in the head without ever going for the ball. Tyler at least swiped at the ball before clawing him so it wasnt nearly as thuggish. All the analysts on ESPN broke it down and agreed on this very point.

2swift4u
05-24-2012, 02:43 AM
What I don't like about the suspensions is, that the Pacers started this.. they have played extremly physical all series long and tried to hack Lebron every time he went to the basket. And Granger has been acting like an idiot all series long.. And it was Indiana who comitted that first hard foul against Wade in game 5. And now Miami get's the supsensions because they were sick of it and answered back?? :facepalm nevertheless it wasn't a smart move by Haslem!

NumberSix
05-24-2012, 02:43 AM
Haslem suspension is a freaking joke. Complete and utter bullshit. NBA should be ashamed of itself.

bdreason
05-24-2012, 02:51 AM
And the league should also take into consideration who is flagrant fouling who.

There is a difference between a bench player flagrant fouling a superstar starter, and a bench player flagrant fouling another bench player. Allowing bench players to take cheap shots at the other teams star player should never be accepted. Otherwise, that should be the strategy for every team. I remember saying back when Shaq was dominating, that the only way the other team is going to win is if someone takes out Shaq's knee... I was partly joking, but it was the truth.

Hockey understands this. If an enforcer goes after a star player, he is dealt with accordingly, and the leagues does nothing.

Sarcastic
05-24-2012, 03:11 AM
Haslem suspension is a freaking joke. Complete and utter bullshit. NBA should be ashamed of itself.

It should have been a flagrant 2 on the court, just like Wade's shoulder to the back of Collison should have been a flagrant 2. The Heat have been lucky so far with all the antics they are pulling, that only Haslem and Pittman have been suspended.

Sarcastic
05-24-2012, 03:14 AM

That area around the eye is very easy to break open. I've had it cut open twice and the fouls weren't really aggressive. Just incidental.

InfiniteBaskets
05-24-2012, 03:25 AM

honestly...this didnt deserve a game suspension? not sure how people can actually believe that.

I still don't see Hansborough getting hit in the face by Haslem. I see Haslem wanting to hit Hansborough hard, and not allow him to use his shooting arm to complete a shooting motion, so he whacks Tyler on the shoulder area. I don't get how people say Haslem hit Tyler on the head/face?

If Haslem truly wanted to get him across the face, I don't think he would've missed and hit him on his shooting shoulder instead. The one game suspension is because it happened literally right after Wade was fouled on the other end and because the media made it into a big deal. I've seen much harder fouls that resulted in non-suspensions.

NumberSix
05-24-2012, 03:32 AM
I still don't see Hansborough getting hit in the face by Haslem.
Because he didn't. He hit him hard, but it was in the shoulder of his shooting arm just like you said. He may have grazed his face with his forearm, but that's about it. In no way does it warrant a suspension.

bdreason
05-24-2012, 04:00 AM

Wow, he didn't even make contact with the head.

Suspension? :no:

LakersReign
05-24-2012, 04:05 AM

How can you sit there and say that when that's all he hit? He damn sure didn't hit the ball.:facepalm

RRR3
05-24-2012, 04:06 AM
How can you sit there and say that when that's all he hit? He damn sure didn't hit the ball.:facepalm
If Kobe did it, you'd be arguing that Hansbrough should be suspended for "hitting LAWD GAWDBE's bee-yootiful arms with his ugly face".:facepalm
Chill out, your agenda is obvious. Just because it's the Heat doesn't mean you have to hate on them.

LakersReign
05-24-2012, 04:21 AM
Prove it:sleeping

el_locoteee
05-24-2012, 05:00 AM

You right Bynum didn't even make contact with Barrea face, he didn't deserve a suspension either. :facepalm

Kebab Stall
05-24-2012, 06:10 AM
I can't believe there are people trying to justify Haslem's hit.

He had no intention of ever going for the ball. He was going for Hansborough and he hit him in the head. 1 game is a perfectly fine punishment, if he got 2, I still wouldn't complain.

Pittman should get more though. Should be looking at, atleast, 5-10 games. 3 is a joke for what he did.

yeaaaman
05-24-2012, 07:05 AM
Haslem suspension was uncalled for. That's just tough physical playoff ball right there :confusedshrug:

Pittman should have gotten more than 3 games though. Although I guess it doesn't really matter since he's a scrub anyways...

That's not tough physical ball, that's just thuggery. The league doesn't stand for it, so I think 1 game is fine. He did a two arm follow through at a guys head with no intention on playing the ball. If he's not interested in playing basketball he shouldn't be on the court. At least Hansborough made a play on the ball, Haslem could have done the same, it's his own fault. Why people want to blame the league for a grown mans actions is beyond me.

Pittman I agree should have gotten more.

Teanett
05-24-2012, 07:11 AM
why the fukk is his nam Udonis?
isnt the greek god Adonis? :confusedshrug:

it's like calling your child Undrew or Unthony or Uuron.
he should be suspended for his name.

dunksby
05-24-2012, 07:20 AM

Dwyane :hammerhead:

NumberSix
05-24-2012, 07:25 AM

Why is LeBron's name LeBron?

Kebab Stall
05-24-2012, 07:32 AM
They're black, it would be weird if they didn't have stupid names.

nashwade
05-24-2012, 09:12 AM
the shove that Wade did was way more dangerous to the victim than Haslem's 2 hand chop

RRR3
05-24-2012, 09:44 AM
:facepalm

SilkkTheShocker
05-24-2012, 10:02 AM
:facepalm
You're such a whiny little b1tch

Doctor Rivers
05-24-2012, 10:04 AM
You're such a whiny little b1tch

+1

Apogee
05-24-2012, 10:25 AM

Your a ****ing idiot.

LJJ
05-24-2012, 10:46 AM
Your a ****ing idiot.

Mad black guy with a wack name is mad.

Apogee
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
Mad black guy with a wack name is mad.

Lol im not even black, and this type of shit pisses me off. Theres no reason for it and totally uncalled for. You sir are regressing please go kill yourself.

ballup
05-24-2012, 10:55 AM
And the league should also take into consideration who is flagrant fouling who.

There is a difference between a bench player flagrant fouling a superstar starter, and a bench player flagrant fouling another bench player. Allowing bench players to take cheap shots at the other teams star player should never be accepted. Otherwise, that should be the strategy for every team. I remember saying back when Shaq was dominating, that the only way the other team is going to win is if someone takes out Shaq's knee... I was partly joking, but it was the truth.

Hockey understands this. If an enforcer goes after a star player, he is dealt with accordingly, and the leagues does nothing.
No, that's just stupid. A player's skill level should not be the determining factor of a punishment's severity. Getting unnecessarily hit from a superstar has the same physical impact as getting hit by a bench player.

RaininTwos
05-24-2012, 11:04 AM
a lot of "silly black names" have legitimate african roots.

Teanett
05-24-2012, 12:30 PM
seriously it's like 'Adonis' (the god of beauty) but with a 'U'.
it looks it's like short for "ugly Adonis"...
WHAT THE FUKK, ******! whats wrong with you?

NumberSix
05-24-2012, 12:42 PM
seriously it's like 'Adonis' (the god of beauty) but with a 'U'.
it looks it's like short for "ugly Adonis"...
WHAT THE FUKK, ******! whats wrong with you?
Maybe his mom thought that it's spelled that way, like Uh-donis.

Teanett
05-24-2012, 12:50 PM
:roll:

his mom's explanation: "it's an uh-frican-uh-merican name, dude!"

D.J.
05-24-2012, 01:33 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

:applause:

pegasus
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM

:lol :lol :lol

kentatm
05-24-2012, 03:40 PM
3 f-ing games?