anthonyRandolph
05-24-2012, 01:34 PM
highway robbery.

DuMa
05-24-2012, 01:36 PM
i wonder how much barkley makes. i know he got to make more than shaq

ihoopallday
05-24-2012, 01:37 PM
Wow, that's a lot of money to talk about basketball. Must be nice.

Punpun
05-24-2012, 01:37 PM
It's because Shaq does really well. It's merited.

Sarcastic
05-24-2012, 01:38 PM
It's about 7-8 million more than he is worth.

TMT
05-24-2012, 01:39 PM

:biggums: I have to turn the volume all the way up to understand half the stuff he's saying.

Punpun
05-24-2012, 01:40 PM
That's always been the case though.

It's A VC3!!!
05-24-2012, 01:43 PM
That number makes me cringe. That's absurd to think that offering his opinion generates him 5 million from TNT. And his analyst skills suck to be quite honest.

Snoop_Cat
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Goddammit, Shaq is horrendous. I'll do it for only 1 mil a year ...

Punpun
05-24-2012, 01:48 PM
You don't bring in as much people as Shaq.

BuGzBuNNy
05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
Goddammit, Shaq is horrendous. I'll do it for less than 100k a year ...
fixed

The Macho Man
05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
ESPN puttin out a dudes business like that? That's fvcked up.

LamarOdom
05-24-2012, 01:50 PM

Why is it f'cked up?

SpecialQue
05-24-2012, 01:52 PM
5-6 mil for "mhmhmhmmhmhm one-two punch mmhmhmhmmmhmh ka-kack!"

MK2V1GP
05-24-2012, 01:58 PM
Wow, that's a lot of money to sit there and listen to others carry the show while I add an additional "funny" comment from time to time. Must be nice.

Fixed

SpecialQue
05-24-2012, 02:05 PM
People thought Shaq would be perfect due to his goofball persona and the fact that he not only played against Jordan, but also played with some major stars (Kobe, Wade, Lebron, the current Celtics). They had no way of knowing that Shaq has absolutely nothing of value to say when it comes to analyzing the sport itself or moving away from his own biases.

insidehoops
05-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Shaq has honestly ruined that show for me for pretty much the entire season

I used to love the show. I still keep up with it, but now I mostly just DVR it and then skim through it in the morning

Jeff

MMM
05-24-2012, 02:18 PM
I don't really mind Shaq on TnT but how can they afford to pay him that much and if Barkley makes around the same, then how are they not losing money????

RaininTwos
05-24-2012, 02:20 PM
they could've had GP and c-webb for that much:facepalm

talkingconch
05-24-2012, 02:21 PM
lol

think about a med student and what he has to go through to become a doctor, only to make $150,000 - 200,000 which is chump change compared to that. the only reason hes getting paid that much is name

MMM
05-24-2012, 02:34 PM
lol

think about a med student and what he has to go through to become a doctor, only to make $150,000 - 200,000 which is chump change compared to that. the only reason hes getting paid that much is name

yea he's getting paid because of his name but that is because his name is valuable to people. As long as TnT feels like he is bringing in viewers they will continue to pay him what he is worth.

SpecialQue
05-24-2012, 02:50 PM
lol

There are tons and tons of med students. Shaq was the biggest star in the NBA at one point, and even had a music and film career. Everyone, even non-NBA fans, know who Shaq is.

Theoretically, anyone can become a doctor or teacher. Very, very, very few people can do what Shaq did. That's why he gets 6 mil for mumbling and acting like a dork. I don't know why you had to bring med students into this. Everyone on ISH can be a med student, even a shitty one.

DukeDelonte13
05-24-2012, 02:55 PM
He still made more from kazaam. :pimp:

PJR
05-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Ahmad Rashad, Gary Payton, and CWebb on NBA TV a couple years ago shitted on Inside the NBA at its peak.

Yes I said it!!

r15mohd
05-24-2012, 02:59 PM
There are tons and tons of med students. Shaq was the biggest star in the NBA at one point, and even had a music and film career. Everyone, even non-NBA fans, know who Shaq is.

Theoretically, anyone can become a doctor or teacher. Very, very, very few people can do what Shaq did. That's why he gets 6 mil for mumbling and acting like a dork. I don't know why you had to bring med students into this. Everyone on ISH can be a med student, even a shitty one.

sad but true...i wonder if the boards would even mandate the physicians to post their graduating GPA in their office. This way, you can rule out all the sh!tty physicians who got through school or at least pay premium for those who took the education of it more seriously than others. :coleman:

dunksby
05-24-2012, 03:05 PM

What did he do? bumped some other bigs to put a ball into a basket? A doctor saves lives at least, he used to be extremely entertaining to watch yes but he does not deserve the money he is getting from TNT now.

Nash
05-24-2012, 03:07 PM
5-6 million a year? Damn.. Thats NBA salary right there.

bagelred
05-24-2012, 03:13 PM
but he does not deserve the money he is getting from TNT now.

:rolleyes: do you understand business at all?

sportsfan76
05-24-2012, 03:26 PM
Why is it f'cked up?

Did any of us need to know that goofy gorilla makes that much money? How is that news worthy?

L.Kizzle
05-24-2012, 03:32 PM
Could be big news depending on how much Kenny and Chuck make. If Shaq makes more then those 2, than that's is a huge problem.

Sakkreth
05-24-2012, 03:36 PM
Well he's not worth it for sure, but he probably could earn more by starring in movies tho.

ProfessorMurder
05-24-2012, 03:47 PM
"Shaq ruined the show." "I don't even watch half time coverage anymore." "Why isn't C-Webb there?" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

You guys are such a bunch of pansies. It's a show where they joke around and show highlights. It's not as bad as you all think. If you completely hate it now, you should've completely hated it before. You think C-Webb was honestly that much better the last couple of years when he would sit in?

wagexslave
05-24-2012, 03:51 PM
lol $6m for him to sit in the corner the whole show staring off into nothingness, then once in a while randomly make some awkward joke that nobody laughs at but him? Wow.. lol

Horatio33
05-24-2012, 03:54 PM
Shaq cannot do improv, he talks in analogies that make him look good. It's all about him.

Shepseskaf
05-24-2012, 04:14 PM
You guys are such a bunch of pansies. It's a show where they joke around and show highlights. It's not as bad as you all think. If you completely hate it now, you should've completely hated it before. You think C-Webb was honestly that much better the last couple of years when he would sit in?
Careful with the name calling there, Internet tough guy. People are expressing their opinions, and most feel that Shaq has ruined an excellent show. If you like to watch something on the tube, and a new actor is added who messes things up, then you're unhappy. That's the way it is.

CWebb was, and is, definitely better than Shaq. He also had superior chemistry with the rest of the crew.

The fact that Shaq makes $5+ million for the little that he does is profoundly disturbing to me. This is all based on his playing career and nothing about what he actually brings to the show.

TheNaturalWR
05-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Charles makes that show...if Shaq is making 6 mill he should be making triple that.

Draz
05-24-2012, 04:31 PM
Kenny's someway the leader of the group.

Godzuki
05-24-2012, 04:54 PM
it'd be messed up if Kenny, Charles, or even Ernie are making less. sad thing is i bet one of them are...

Shepseskaf
05-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Story Link (http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/05/24/shaq-no-interest-in-magic-gm-job/)

As soon as he was included in the discussion for the vacant general manager job in Orlando, Shaquille O’Neal has taken himself out of the mix.

The future Hall of Famer and TNT analyst released a statement this afternoon denying any interest in pursuing the position that came open with Monday’s mutual parting of the ways between the Magic and Otis Smith.

And this isn’t coming from any back channel sources or anyone else. It’s from the big fella himself, who said he has no plans of leaving the Inside set where has starred this season alongside Kenny Smith, Charles Barkley and Ernie Johnson.

“When I first heard about the vacancy for the Orlando Magic general manager position, I was clearly intrigued.” he said in a statement. “I was drafted by the Magic, I have a great love for the franchise, and I have made the city of Orlando my home. Additionally, I have great admiration and respect for the DeVos family. However, this is not a job I have an interest in pursuing. I feel very fortunate to be with TNT and to have the best job in sports. I look forward to many more years with Charles, Kenny and E.J. I wish the best for the Magic and I am confident that they will select a great GM and coach.”

Damn! Ruined my day. He's not leaving TNT because of the $ he's getting.

embersyc
05-24-2012, 05:01 PM
it'd be messed up if Kenny, Charles, or even Ernie are making less. sad thing is i bet one of them are...

I'd bet all 3 of them combined don't make what Shaq makes.

R.I.P.
05-24-2012, 05:02 PM
It's about 7-8 million more than he is worth.

:roll:

R.I.P.
05-24-2012, 05:04 PM
I bet Charles leaked the whole story, the Magic GM rumours, Shaq

Tmuston Beltics
05-24-2012, 05:19 PM

most likely he's making more than all those 3 combined :facepalm

westside_baller
05-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Shaq has honestly ruined that show for me for pretty much the entire season

Jeff

Shaq Fu has to go.

midatlantic09
05-24-2012, 05:38 PM
$5-6 MILLION???? LOL

It should be more like $500-600k. Shaq being on the show probably doesn't increase viewership that much. However, Barkley on the other hand probably deserves $5-6 mil a year because he's the reason most people watch.

ClutchOver9000
05-24-2012, 05:40 PM
"Shaq ruined the show." "I don't even watch half time coverage anymore." "Why isn't C-Webb there?" :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Shaq supporter eh? Np, I aint faulting you for it.

but lets be real here, Shaq sucks. And on top of that, dude is bringing in 5-6 million? :biggums:

NattyPButter
05-24-2012, 05:48 PM
When Barkley nor smith was on show a couple months back I didn't even bother to watch. Shaquille is boring and not funny.

Troutfisch
05-24-2012, 05:49 PM
:facepalm

Seriously? He killed the chemistry between Charles & Kenny, Ernie and the crew are CONSTANTLY kissing his ass, and he lets his bias get in the way on far too many occasions.

That being said he has improved considerably since his first few weeks on the job.

Punpun
05-24-2012, 05:50 PM
His interactions with Barkley are way better than anything else seen before.

midatlantic09
05-24-2012, 05:51 PM
When Barkley nor smith was on show a couple months back I didn't even bother to watch. Shaquille is boring and not funny.

Seriously. I doubt many watch because of Shaq despite the fact that he has major name recognition. He adds very little to the show, and like you, when Barkley isn't on, I don't watch.

RoseCity07
05-24-2012, 06:09 PM
I'd do Inside the NBA for $20,000 a year and they have to let me shoot around on that hoop when the game is on or during a commercial break.

inclinerator
05-24-2012, 06:11 PM
I'd do Inside the NBA for $20,000 a year and they have to let me shoot around on that hoop when the game is on or during a commercial break.
me 2 :cheers:

ihoopallday
05-24-2012, 06:29 PM

Lol I've always thought the same way.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Did any of us need to know that goofy gorilla makes that much money? How is that news worthy?
They were obviously talking about his salary in comparison to what he'd receive as the Magic GM. I didn't even watch the segment, but duh!

knickballer
05-24-2012, 06:52 PM

That's a stupid comparison.. Not everyone can be a doctor as not every one can pass the rigorous education required to be one.

Going by your statement anyone can be a basketball player as well. Although we won't be very good..