PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Paul George now?

dbugz
05-24-2012, 11:00 PM
His on-ball defense is a bit above average.
His passing ability is one of the worst.
An average outside shooting.
Doesn't have explosive 1st step. (Kid badly need to improve this for him to be elite)
Still lacks on good decision making.
Average ball handling skills.

I can see Rudy Gay on him but more of a distributor. He's focusing more on his defense rather than his offense.

DTreats
05-24-2012, 11:00 PM
Great player.

wang4three
05-24-2012, 11:02 PM
Shawn Marion

CardiacKemba
05-24-2012, 11:06 PM
Doesn't have explosive 1st step. (Kid badly need to improve this for him to be elite)

I can see Rudy Gay on him but more of a distributor. He's focusing more on his defense rather than his offense.

He won't have the offensive game of Gay, but will be the better defender.

AngelEyes
05-24-2012, 11:07 PM

I think he's a young player who improved this season and will probably improve even more next season.

Noob Saibot
05-24-2012, 11:07 PM
Rudy Gay 2.0 or a rich's man Iguodala.

blacknapalm
05-24-2012, 11:08 PM
He won't have the offensive game of Gay, but will be the better defender.

i agree but i already think he's a better defender. i think he can also be better in the post eventually. PG's passing abliity needs a ton of work but let's not act like gay is a ton better. gay messed up so many fast breaks. part of that was decision making as well.

my opinion of PG didn't change much. a good young player that needs to work on shooting and passing. i guess rudy gay is a fair enough comparison. i fully expect PG to become the best player on indy within a couple seasons

Kobe_6/8
07-07-2015, 06:01 AM
All-Star. Above average both offensively and defensively.

Cocaine80s
07-07-2015, 06:02 AM
Gay man's Rudy

outbreak
07-07-2015, 06:04 AM
Aaron " gay shawn marion " gordon > paul george

SaltyMeatballs
07-07-2015, 06:21 AM
Rudy Gay with better defense

GimmeThat
07-07-2015, 06:36 AM
poor man-Chris Webber?

I feel as if the league will always be fascinated by player who shows glimpses of athleticism. but it would be tough not to say the game is still built on open shots, and that rhythm, probably from 0.02, 0.04, 0.05, 0.07~0.08 on when they take off.

b0bab0i
07-07-2015, 07:03 AM
Rudy Gay 2.0 or a rich's man Iguodala.
Rich mans iggy is lebron

UK2K
07-07-2015, 07:12 AM
PG > Kawhi

HylianNightmare
07-07-2015, 08:05 AM
All star

Dro
07-07-2015, 08:25 AM
Ish never has a clue of what they're talking about.....
:facepalm

VengefulAngel
07-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Ish never has a clue of what they're talking about.....
:facepalm

Yep.

QuebecBaller
07-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Paul George is what Danny Granger was supposed to become

MellowYellow
07-07-2015, 09:26 AM

Pretty fair assessment, he is pretty much exactly that now.

RidonKs
07-07-2015, 10:34 AM

all of this is made up for the fact that he's smart and arrogant. the best combination you can have in sports outside of athleticism.

he'll surprise the goldfish media/fanbase this season. none of what you wrote is wrong, even though you wrote it three years ago. but its also all on the pessimistic end. he's a better than average shooter and can do it off the dribble. decision making comes with experience. his defense is way better than average. he's not in the superstar category of give him the ball and make something happen. that isn't necessarily a major strike against him.

22/5/5 at least, 3rd team all nba, 2nd team defense

Mirror
07-07-2015, 11:02 AM
I hope he recovers fully.

Mirror
07-07-2015, 11:02 AM

This was my assessment as well.

Dro
07-07-2015, 01:20 PM

All bolded is wrong. He's improved on all these things. If anything Rudy is a poor man's PG..:no:

I also kinda lol'd at a "bit above average" for his on-ball defense....He is an elite on ball defender. Some may think he's overrated in that area, he's still definitely better than above average.....

Fallen Angel
07-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Granger was never the athlete or defender PG was

Fallen Angel
07-07-2015, 01:41 PM
George Hill
Paul George | Lance Stephenson
Danny Granger
David West
Roy Hibbert

What could have been.

ProfessorMurder
07-08-2015, 02:46 AM
All bolded is wrong. He's improved on all these things. If anything Rudy is a poor man's PG..:no:

I also kinda lol'd at a "bit above average" for his on-ball defense....He is an elite on ball defender. Some may think he's overrated in that area, he's still definitely better than above average.....
He posted that 3 years ago...