PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Lowry: It's Either Me Or Dragic.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2012, 02:01 AM
Not an exact quote but gist of this article. Basically he's unhappy with how Mchale handled him and Dragic and says it's going to come down to either him or Dragic and if they retain Dragic then the Rockets may as well trade him.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19161109/report-rockets-g-kyle-lowry-seeks-trade-because-of-coach-kevin-mchale

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 02:07 AM
"His bags are packed and he's ready to go.

Houston Rockets point guard Kyle Lowry isn't mincing words, telling the Houston Chronicle that his strained relationship with coach Kevin McHale and the fact that he and Goran Dragic are both starting quality point guards means that the team needs to move him.

Lowry's beef with McHale reportedly dates to an in-game disagreement and the point guard feels he can't get along with his coach going forward.
"Things have to be addressed. The situation would have to be addressed. If things aren't addressed coaching-wise, I guess I have to be moved.”
While McHale and GM Daryl Morey downplayed the incident and the tension, as you might expect, Lowry also concluded that if Dragic, who will be a free agent this summer, re-signs with the Rockets the team will face a major depth chart dilemma.

"We're both capable starters. We both want it. It's going to have to be a situation where they make a decision on one of us. It has nothing to do with Goran. I'm not happy with the way coaches handled things. If management wants to do something to keep Goran, I think I'll have to be moved.”
Lowry, 26, had a tough season, missing a lengthy stretch of the season with a mysterious bacterial infection and then undergoing sports hernia surgery earlier this month. He averaged a career-high 14.3 points, 6.6 assists, 3.7 rebounds and 1.6 steals in 32.1 minutes per game this season but was moved from the starting spot to a reserve role after he came back from his illness in April.

Once he returns to full health, Lowry represents an excellent value given his contract situation. He's on the books for $5.75 million next season and has a partially guaranteed salary of $6.21 million for 2013-2014. Those are both reasonable contract figures, especially considering Lowry ranked as the No. 12 point guard in the NBA in terms of player efficiency this season. A team trading for him could count on good value and production for the next two seasons as Lowry heads into his prime.

Lowry is correct in saying that Dragic, also 26, is ready to become a full-time starting point guard next year. The Slovenian point guard put up career numbers -- 11.7 points, 5.3 assists, 2.5 rebounds and 1.3 steals in 26.5 minutes per game -- in 2011-12 and will likely command a salary equal to or greater than Lowry's this summer as one of the more coveted point guards on the free agent market.

The Rockets are probably best served moving one of their two point guards, although the health concerns might make it more difficult to move Lowry than he realizes. Regardless of Lowry's statements, teams were going to be contacting Morey about his point guards this summer, given their dual emergence and the difficulty of keeping both happy going forward. While confirming everyone's suspicions about the situation, Lowry's comments probably don't change Houston's approach in any meaningful way. The Rockets were going to be weighing offers regardless."

RazorBaLade
05-26-2012, 02:08 AM
Lakers lakers lakers lakers

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 02:10 AM
Id like to point out the article does a shitty job on stats...why didnt they explain his starting stats? :lol

w/e

Dragic is the better PG and I would like to see him with the rockets...If not PHX....

If not either....No idea.

RazorBaLade
05-26-2012, 02:13 AM
Id like to point out the article does a shitty job on stats...why didnt they explain his starting stats? :lol

w/e

Dragic is the better PG and I would like to see him with the rockets...If not PHX....

Lakers lakers lakers lakers

blacknapalm
05-26-2012, 02:14 AM
he wants to be in a starting role. he's also right in the fact that dragic is a worthy starter in this league. i'm sure houston knows this and they have a decision to make.

the coaching aspect is what is interesting. a disagreement so bad that lowry feels he can't continue with him? mchale's burned a lot of player bridges in his short stint so i can't say i'm surprised but still. he really rubs people the wrong way with his weird substitutions and stubbornness. i still remember him playing love 20 minutes or less and i feel it was only because he wasn't a prototypical 4 that mchale is used to seeing it. it's ridiculous to play a player of love's talent 20 minutes or less. that's mchale for you though....he seems pretty inflexible.

lowry's contract has nice value so it's going to depend on what dragic gets on the market. i prefer dragic slightly but not if it's close to a max contract - maybe something in the mike conley range? portland, charlotte, orlando and indiana amongst a couple others could all give dragic a look. i actually think he'd be nice on indy. cut back on barbosa's minutes. dragic starts, DC backs him up. hill moves to backup SG like he was on the spurs. only thing that might mess that up is hill's size

Clippersfan86
05-26-2012, 02:16 AM
If I'm Houston I take Dragic. He has a REALLY special game to me. I seriously see Nash 2.0 when I watch him and he's also only 24 like Lowry. I'd trade Lowry TBH.

IGOTGAME
05-26-2012, 02:20 AM
If I'm Houston I take Dragic. He has a REALLY special game to me. I seriously see Nash 2.0 when I watch him and he's also only 24 like Lowry. I'd trade Lowry TBH.

good, I'd rather have Lowry on the Lakers.

Haymaker
05-26-2012, 02:24 AM
I'm a huge Dragic fan, but Lowry makes more sense to them money-wise. Dragic might command a little bit more money, and he's being inconsistent throughout his career. Let him go and let's hope he gets a starting job elsewhere.

blacknapalm
05-26-2012, 02:24 AM
good, I'd rather have Lowry on the Lakers.

idk. i feel dragic has better court vision, is the better ball handler and is the more consistent shooter. those are all things LA needs. they don't need a bunch of scoring from the PG position...at least for the next couple seasons. i mean, depends what happens in the offseason of course. i'm almost certain dragic is going to command too much money for LA to go after him though. i think LA will stick with sessions for at least one more season and see how he does. it's not like LA is known for making sudden PG changes, lol

ImmortalNemesis
05-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Didn't read the article but so I don't know the context but I'll comment anyway. Is sad that Lowry is acting this way. I thought he was better than Brooks. Brooks reacted the same way when Lowry took his starting spot. I had a small hope Houston could keep both PGs, guess that's over now. Houston will trade Lowry and Martin if they can. I wouldn't surprise me at all if Lowry, Martin, and Scola are gone by the start of the season.

Lowry used to be one of my favorite players, sad that it has to end this way.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 02:27 AM
Rockets send: Lowry, Martin
Rockets receive: Gasol, Blake

Wolves send: Williams, Beasley
Wolves receive: Martin

Lakers send: Gasol, Blake
Receive: Lowry, Williams, Beasley

3-team trade that benefits all teams. :applause:

RazorBaLade
05-26-2012, 02:30 AM
Didn't read the article but so I don't know the context but I'll comment anyway. Is sad that Lowry is acting this way. I thought he was better than Brooks. Brooks reacted the same way when Lowry took his starting spot. I had a small hope Houston could keep both PGs, guess that's over now. Houston will trade Lowry and Martin if they can. I wouldn't surprise me at all if Lowry, Martin, and Scola are gone by the start of the season.

3 team trade

Lakers get lowry scola beasley
Hou gets gasol williams or wes john
Minny gets martin

who says no?

lol balls out u posted that while i was typing. seems like a no brainer move for all involved

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 02:33 AM

:roll:

Derrick Williams and Beasley for Kevin Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAL OF THE DECADE!

Oh and to make it better...the lakers are basically just giving up Gasol for LOWRY...D-wolf and Beasley

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 02:34 AM
3 team trade

Minny gets martin

who says no?

lol balls out u posted that while i was typing. seems like a no brainer move for all involved

beat you to it :lol

I prefer Williams over Scola though. I don't like Scola's contract, and Williams is younger with more room to develop. Plus, how could Houston say no to a Dragic/Scola/Gasol combination they'd be like the all-star Euroleague team of the NBA :eek:

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 02:35 AM

Derrick Williams and Beasley for Kevin Martin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DEAL OF THE DECADE!

Which part of that is funny to you? Williams hasn't sniffed a minute of playtime behind Love and Pekovic. Beasley is due 8 million next season and then becomes a free agent. Trade makes sense for all teams involved :confusedshrug:

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 02:39 AM

I prefer Williams over Scola though. I don't like Scola's contract, and Williams is younger with more room to develop. Plus, how could Houston say no to a Dragic/Scola/Gasol combination they'd be like the all-star Euroleague team of the NBA :eek:

Your post and razors post are terrible....Keep trades respectable or dont post.

dunksby
05-26-2012, 02:41 AM

w/e

Identifying pauk's sock accounts 101.

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 02:45 AM
I made this for you guys

http://i174.photobucket.com/albums/w104/Samanthav_03/Suns/pauk.jpg

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 02:47 AM
You guys must get so badly raped by Pauk that when I ravish you....You think I am Pauk!!!!

FlASHBACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:pimp:

I just mention the word stats and the buttholes tighten.

6JamesIsKing
05-26-2012, 02:48 AM

This

Btw tl/dr

Rowe
05-26-2012, 02:56 AM
Which part of that is funny to you? Williams hasn't sniffed a minute of playtime behind Love and Pekovic. Beasley is due 8 million next season and then becomes a free agent. Trade makes sense for all teams involved :confusedshrug:
No, it doesn't.

- Williams was the #2 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. He just finished his rookie year and showed a lot of potential while trying to adjust to being more of a Small Forward. Regardless, the T'Wolves aren't giving up on him after 1 season. Thats stupid to even suggest they would do it for a SG coming off a career-worst season.

- Michael Beasley has a Qualifying Offer for $8 Million, next season. He can't be traded because he is headed for Free Agency. Minnesota is likely not going to pick up that Qualifying Offer and will let Beasley walk as an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Be a little more realistic.

The entire NBA isn't a feeding pool of talent for the Lakers to choose from.

irondarts
05-26-2012, 02:58 AM

That trade does not benefit the Wolves at all, maybe if it were only Beasley, the Wolves aren't going to trade a guy they took #2 overall a year after they drafted him, and they aren't going to trade both for Kevin Martin, come on man.

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 02:59 AM
That trade does not benefit the Wolves at all, maybe if it were only Beasley, the Wolves aren't going to trade a guy they took #2 overall a year after they drafted him, and they aren't going to trade both for Kevin Martin, come on man.

This is what I said....I guess that makes me Pauk though...

I guess that makes you Pauk too.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 03:02 AM
No, it doesn't.

- Williams was the #2 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. He just finished his rookie year and showed a lot of potential while trying to adjust to being more of a Small Forward. Regardless, the T'Wolves aren't giving up on him after 1 season. Thats stupid to even suggest they would do it for a SG coming off a career-worst season.

- Michael Beasley has a Qualifying Offer for $8 Million, next season. He can't be traded because he is headed for Free Agency. Minnesota is likely not going to pick up that Qualifying Offer and will let Beasley walk as an Unrestricted Free Agent.

Be a little more realistic.

The entire NBA isn't a feeding pool of talent for the Lakers to choose from.

:biggums:

Wasn't Jordan Hill traded after his rookie season to the Rockets because many thought he was a bust? I don't see how the Derrick Williams situation is any different.

If Beasley has a player option for 8 million, he's going to take it. He's not worth more than that.

Gasol is a star player in this league, still top 3 PF in the NBA.

It's okay if you don't like the Lakers, but don't let your hate cloud your judgement. :facepalm

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:03 AM
3 team trade

Minny gets martin

who says no?

Minnesota.

Listen, why in the hell is Minnesota giving up the #2 pick for Kevin Martin after he put up his worst season since 2006?

I dont see any way the T'Wolves & Rockets would ever come to agreement on a Kevin Martin deal simply because the T'Wolves don't have other assets that the Rockets would want.

Wes Johnson had a terrible season and he adds to the logjam of Small Forwards that Houston has. In the meantime, Beasley & Webster won't be back next season.

irondarts
05-26-2012, 03:03 AM

Wasn't Jordan Hill traded after his rookie season to the Rockets because many thought he was a bust? I don't see how the Derrick Williams situation is any different.

If Beasley has a player option for 8 million, he's going to take it. He's not worth more than that.

It's okay if you don't like the Lakers, but don't make the hate so obvious. :facepalm
Yes but you have Gasol going to the Rockets, not the Wolves. You're saying the Wolves trade Beasley and Derrick Williams for Kevin Martin, which is terrible for them. Derrick Williams is not Jordan Hill, he's a lot better and has more potential.

disel
05-26-2012, 03:07 AM

Rockets get raped . u must be a fakers fan numbskull

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 03:09 AM
Yes but you have Gasol going to the Rockets, not the Wolves. You're saying the Wolves trade Beasley and Derrick Williams for Kevin Martin, which is terrible for them. Derrick Williams is not Jordan Hill, he's a lot better and has more potential.

Kevin Martin put up 25+ ppg a few seasons ago but had to deal with injuries this year. He's already a proven player in this game. Williams? Not so much, and he's never going to get his chance to show he's not anything more than a bust behind Love and Pekovic in Minny.

And it's not like they're going to keep Beasley after this season anyways. If their priority is on winning now, getting Martin is a good decision, just imagine Pekovic/Love/Rubio/Martin. Martin played a few seasons under Adelman as well, so he'd fit right in. :eek:

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 03:10 AM
Rockets get raped . u must be a fakers fan numbskull

Every team gets raped basically....

Its Gasol for Lowry, Williams, and Beasley

:lol

wang4three
05-26-2012, 03:13 AM
Didn't read the article but so I don't know the context but I'll comment anyway.

Tends to be what typical ISH users do these days. Thanks for being irrelevant.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:14 AM

- Jordan Hill wasn't because management thought he was a "bust", it was because he was the only asset we could part with to get Houston to take Jared Jeffries contract. If not, no pursuing LeBron in 2010.

Derrick Williams isn't Jordan Hill. Williams has the potential to actually be a star for Minnesota in time, and the upside is there. Why else did they draft him #2? You just want Williams on the Lakers because you too must think he has some upside to be a good player in the future and just want Minnesota to be stupid enough to give him up.

Learn the difference between a Qualifying Offer and Player Option.

Minnesota can offer Beasley to come back at $8 Million, and based on how he played last season along with that guy named Derrick Williams, there is a small chance they'll bring him back. He has no choice in that matter.

Sure.

He definetly plays like it in the Playoffs.:oldlol:

It's okay if you don't like the Lakers, but don't let your hate cloud your judgement. :facepalm

I dont have any reason to hate the Lakers.

I hate dumbass fans like yourself who think that you're supposed to get whichever player you want in a trade simply because you feel all other GM's are stupid except for your own.

itsGameTime
05-26-2012, 03:14 AM

If I'm Houston, I gotta love this trade. Lowry or Dragic is as good as gone, they won't have enough money to keep both PGs. They also get rid of Martin's contract and finally get Pau Gasol after the Dragic/Scola/Martin talk broke down with the Lakers earlier this season.

SunsCaptain
05-26-2012, 03:19 AM
If I'm Houston, I gotta love this trade. Lowry or Dragic is as good as gone, they won't have enough money to keep both PGs. They also get rid of Martin's contract and finally get Pau Gasol after the Dragic/Scola/Martin talk broke down with the Lakers earlier this season.

They wont keep both PGS but go look at the cap situation in Houston and tell me why they wont have enough cap room? :rolleyes:

Also you must be a laker fan....

This trade is terrible for every team but the lakers.

Bad for Houston

Bad for T-wolves

Good for Lakers

Lakers fans are so fing stupid.

You know what How about Gasol and Steve ****ing blake for Derrick, Beasley, Scola, Lowry

Sounds fair.

It wont happen...

But lets all be gay.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:19 AM
Kevin Martin put up 25+ ppg a few seasons ago but had to deal with injuries this year. He's already a proven player in this game. Williams? Not so much, and he's never going to get his chance to show he's not anything more than a bust behind Love and Pekovic in Minny.

That doesn't mean much. Your last impression speaks for your value.

Why would they trade the #2 pick for Kevin Martin?

I mean seriously, you're calling a guy a "bust" for being on a team where he didn't have a huge role in his rookie season but at the same time campaigning for trying to acquire him. :lol If you're interested in picking up "busts" why aren't you hoping to acquire Darko from Minnesota?

And it's not like they're going to keep Beasley after this season anyways. If their priority is on winning now, getting Martin is a good decision, just imagine Pekovic/Love/Rubio/Martin. Martin played a few seasons under Adelman as well, so he'd fit right in. :eek:
Martin would fit in with Minnesota.

But once again, the problem has to do with how Houston values him and what Minnesota is capable of offering. Its quite obvious that there are 4 untouchable players for Minnesota in Love, Rubio, Williams, & Pekovic.

So if Houston doesn't have interest in anything else they can offer (Johnson/Ridnour, cap space, future draft picks) then they're not just going to send Kevin Martin to Minnesota.

IGOTGAME
05-26-2012, 03:20 AM

Why would the Lakers want Derrick Williams when they are trying to win now. Guy is far away from being a starter on a good team. Then you through in a knucklehead like Beasley.

Lakers would be much better off with Dragic/Scola/Martin

You know what How about Gasol and Steve ****ing blake for Derrick, Beasley, Scola, Lowry

Sounds fair.

It wont happen...

But lets all be gay.

Derrick Williams is nothing special...do not want. don't have time to teach him how to play defense or fit into an offense. guy doesnt get it yet.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 03:22 AM
- Jordan Hill wasn't because management thought he was a "bust", it was because he was the only asset we could part with to get Houston to take Jared Jeffries contract. If not, no pursuing LeBron in 2010.

Derrick Williams isn't Jordan Hill. Williams has the potential to actually be a star for Minnesota in time, and the upside is there. Why else did they draft him #2? You just want Williams on the Lakers because you too must think he has some upside to be a good player in the future and just want Minnesota to be stupid enough to give him up.

Typical Knicks fan, still trying to justify the Jordan Hill trade. :oldlol:

Let's pretend like last year's draft wasn't one of the weakest drafts of all time. Irving was a legit #1 pick, then the rest of the draft picks may as well have been 2nd rounders. Are we gonna act like if Jordan Hill went into last year's draft out of college, he wouldn't be right there with Williams? :biggums:

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:22 AM
They wont keep both PGS but go look at the cap situation in Houston and tell me why they wont have enough cap room? :rolleyes:

Also you must be a laker fan....

This trade is terrible for every team but the lakers.

Bad for Houston

Bad for T-wolves

Good for Lakers

Sounds fair.

It wont happen...

But lets all be gay.

Its been this way ever since the Kwame for Gasol deal.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:30 AM
Wrong, there was justification in moving him to possibly sign LeBron in 2010.

There was no justification in drafting him over Brandon Jennings.

Had to clear that up.

I wanted Jennings, we all wanted Jennings after Curry went off the board.

Let's pretend like last year's draft wasn't one of the weakest drafts of all time. Irving was a legit #1 pick, then the rest of the draft picks may as well have been 2nd rounders.
Yeah, because Derrick Williams & Kyrie Irving weren't clearly the 2 top prospects in the 2012 NBA Draft by far. You can spin your stupid trade scenario however you want. Maybe you can even tell me that Derrick Williams is a "bust" and you want the Lakers to get him so they can waive him in training camp. :roll:

Are we gonna act like if Jordan Hill went into last year's draft out of college, he wouldn't be right there with Williams? :biggums:
No.

Williams was the better player in college, projected with a higher upside to the NBA, and it isn't even close.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 03:32 AM
Why would they trade the #2 pick for Kevin Martin?

Take everything in context. A #2 pick in last year's draft isn't worth drooling over. Let me fix that for you.

Why would they trade the #2** pick for Kevin Martin?

**: Weakest draft in recent memory and an incredibly underachieving first season.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:38 AM
Take everything in context. A #2 pick in last year's draft isn't worth drooling over. Let me fix that for you.

Why would they trade the #2** pick for Kevin Martin?

**: Weakest draft in recent memory and an incredibly underachieving first season.

Skip the formalities. I've posted enough about this.

Answer this:

Why do you want the Lakers to acquire Derrick Williams?

In that you'll have the answer as to why the T'Wolves wouldn't trade Williams after just 1 season. If he truly was such a "bust" and didn't offer much value/potential moving forward after an unimpressive rookie season, then he shouldn't be a focal point of your trade scenario for a "top 3 PF" in Pau Gasol. You don't have the Lakers picking up "busts" like Wes Johnson or Martell Webster. Better yet, Darko.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 03:40 AM
Williams was the better player in college, projected with a higher upside to the NBA, and it isn't even close.

Or maybe you were just brainwashed by the media hype. Are we gonna act like Brandon Jennings, a #10 pick in the same draft as Jordan Hill wouldn't have been a #2 pick in last year's draft? That should explain how weak the talent pool was in last year's draft after Irving.

William's horrible first year only further proves my point.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:43 AM
Or maybe you were just brainwashed by the media hype. Are we gonna act like Brandon Jennings, a #10 pick in the same draft as Jordan Hill wouldn't have been a #2 pick in last year's draft? That should explain how weak the talent pool was in last year's draft after Irving.

William's horrible first year only further proves my point.

See my post above.

Answer that and get back to me.

Right now you're pulling out all the stops to justify how Minnesota doesn't need Williams, how Jordan Hill is so much better than Williams, & how Hill would've been the #2 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. :lol Sure.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 03:48 AM

Answer this:

Why do you want the Lakers to acquire Derrick Williams while giving up Pau Gasol?

In that you'll have the answer as to why the T'Wolves wouldn't trade Williams after just 1 season. If he truly was such a "bust" and didn't offer much value/potential moving forward after an unimpressive rookie season, then he shouldn't be a focal point of your trade scenario for a "top 3 PF" in Pau Gasol. You don't have the Lakers picking up "busts" like Wes Johnson or Martell Webster. Better yet, Darko.

The Lakers need to part ways with Pau after the vetoed Cp3 trade. It's obvious he's affected by it and can't play his best on this team with rumors constantly flying around.

Williams is definitely not the focal point. In fact out of the 3 players the Lakers would be getting, he'd be third. Lowry is the focal point obviously after Sessions proved he is nothing more than a bench PG. Then Lakers obviously need a bench scorer in Beasley. To replace Gasol, I would like the Lakers to get a younger PF that can at least move quick laterally to guard the pick n roll and hustle and be active for rebounds. I think Williams can fill that need.

It's not like I'm expecting Williams to become Amare or anything. :confusedshrug:

IGOTGAME
05-26-2012, 03:51 AM

Answer this:

Why do you want the Lakers to acquire Derrick Williams?

wouldn't mind the Lakers picking up Wes Johnson...I think he has potential. Martel Webster could be helpful too. Derrick Williams would serve no purpose on this team because he doesn't know how to play basketball. He prob wouldn't even start.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 03:56 AM
wouldn't mind the Lakers picking up Wes Johnson...I think he has potential. Martel Webster could be helpful too. Derrick Williams would serve no purpose on this team because he doesn't know how to play basketball. He prob wouldn't even start.
Agreed.

They should just waive Derrick Williams or send him to the Knicks for Toney Douglas & the draft rights to Ahmad Nivins. :applause:

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 03:59 AM
Right now you're pulling out all the stops to justify how Minnesota doesn't need Williams, how Jordan Hill is so much better than Williams, & how Hill would've been the #2 pick in the 2011 NBA Draft. :lol Sure.

1)Minnesota does not need Derrick Williams. In fact, they could put any PF in the NBA in his position and not miss a beat. Let's remember Love is top 3 in the NBA in minutes per game.

2)I never said Jordan Hill is better than Derrick Williams. I never said Derrick Williams is better than Jordan Hill. I think they're a wash to be honest. That's why I said if Jordan Hill entered last year's draft out of college, he'd be right there with Williams because of how weak the draft was.

Would love to hear you try and debate against either of these points though :confusedshrug:

Unforgiven
05-26-2012, 04:08 AM
Is sad that Lowry is acting this way. I thought he was better than Brooks. Brooks reacted the same way when Lowry took his starting spot. I had a small hope Houston could keep both PGs, guess that's over now. Houston will trade Lowry and Martin if they can. I wouldn't surprise me at all if Lowry, Martin, and Scola are gone by the start of the season.

I definitely get what your saying. It's dissapointing but completely understandable.

Dragic is in the best position, has proven himself as a starter and a durable one, while Lowry is also definitely starter quality, just not as durable and a tad older.

I'd keep the Dragon.

Fair enough to either of them, should be entering their prime, are both starters and worth some good coin, can't blame them to say it's me or him.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 04:09 AM
Williams is definitely not the focal point. In fact out of the 3 players the Lakers would be getting, he'd be third. Lowry is the focal point obviously after Sessions proved he is nothing more than a bench PG. Then Lakers obviously need a bench scorer in Beasley. To replace Gasol, I would like the Lakers to get a younger PF that can at least move quick laterally to guard the pick n roll and hustle and be active for rebounds. I think Williams can fill that need.

Well we've already gone over that Beasley can't be traded. He'll be a Free Agent this offseason regardless even if Minnesota gives him a QO or not.

So who else is LA supposed to be getting?

Also Derrick Williams is the complete opposite of what you're describing for a Forward. He is far from a "hustle player" who crashes the boards to make up for a lack of offensive game. He has an offensive game, just is trying to transition into playing on the wing full-time.

You're confusing him with Jordan Hill, who already plays for the Lakers. Williams is an athletic scoring Forward. He dropped 20/10 on the Lakers earlier in the season, I'm sure you remember that right? It was televised. Basically a less refined version of Antawn Jamison early in his career when he was still slashing to the basket and not roaming the perimeter.

I find it funny you'd want Derrick Williams considering he'd benefit greatly from playing PF instead of SF, and that Andrew Bynum is the perfect Center compliment to him on both ends of the floor.

brantonli
05-26-2012, 04:09 AM
Firstly, you might want to post the source of the CBS blog post form the Chron (written by Jonathan Feigen):

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/05/disgruntled-lowry-feels-its-his-time-to-move-on/

And I've already posted this in the Rockets sub forum but nobody ever goes there :cry:

Anyway, HOW THE HELL DID THIS THREAD TURN INTO A LAKERS-WOLVES TRADE THREAD?!

itsGameTime
05-26-2012, 04:11 AM

Who knows? The Heat traded Beasley who was a former #2 pick a season or two after he was drafted. Knicks traded Jordan Hill #8 pick a season after he was drafted. There are countless examples out there. I just saw his stats for the season, 8pts 5rbs 41% shooting in 21 minutes. Not terrible, but not good either. Certainly not typical of #2 draft picks.

DTreats
05-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Derrick Williams isn't that good. I still can't believe the T-Wolves refused to trade him for Pau Gasol straight up.:lol

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 04:15 AM
Firstly, you might want to post the source of the CBS blog post form the Chron (written by Jonathan Feigen):

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/05/disgruntled-lowry-feels-its-his-time-to-move-on/

And I've already posted this in the Rockets sub forum but nobody ever goes there :cry:

Anyway, HOW THE HELL DID THIS THREAD TURN INTO A LAKERS-WOLVES TRADE THREAD?!

As a well known Rockets fan, what are your thoughts on this proposed 3-team trade?

roffie
05-26-2012, 04:16 AM
i'll take dragic, better PG imo. but lowry is the better player.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 04:19 AM
Well we've already gone over that Beasley can't be traded. He'll be a Free Agent this offseason regardless even if Minnesota gives him a QO or not.

So who else is LA supposed to be getting?

Also Derrick Williams is the complete opposite of what you're describing for a Forward. He is far from a "hustle player" who crashes the boards to make up for a lack of offensive game. He has an offensive game, just is trying to transition into playing on the wing full-time.

You're confusing him with Jordan Hill, who already plays for the Lakers. Williams is an athletic scoring Forward. He dropped 20/10 on the Lakers earlier in the season, I'm sure you remember that right? It was televised. Basically a less refined version of Antawn Jamison early in his career when he was still slashing to the basket and not roaming the perimeter.

I find it funny you'd want Derrick Williams considering he'd benefit greatly from playing PF instead of SF, and that Andrew Bynum is the perfect Center compliment to him on both ends of the floor.

Damn Williams is only 6'8? That's pretty undersized for a PF, at least what the Lakers have been accustomed to. If he could shoot jumpers, he'd be a good fit next to Bynum, because that's basically what Gasol was relagated to after Bynum took sole possession of the low block in the paint this season. I thought he was at least a good defensive player like a Verajao type, but if he's a less refined version of Antwan Jamison, no thanks. Jamison couldn't play a lick of defense against anybody.

BallsOut
05-26-2012, 04:22 AM

If true, this kinda bums me out. Beasley would've been the perfect bench player for the Lakers. :cry:

Rowe
05-26-2012, 04:23 AM
1)Minnesota does not need Derrick Williams. In fact, they could put any PF in the NBA in his position and not miss a beat. Let's remember Love is top 3 in the NBA in minutes per game.

Yes, they do need Derrick Williams. They need him to continue to develop his perimeter skills so that he can play on the floor with Kevin Love as a SF. Its not just improving ballhandling but also being able to be a solid defensive player when guarding wings. Thats the difference that seperates Williams from being a perpetual 6th Man who comes off the bench for maybe 10-12 PPG or a guy who could average 16-20 PPG. This is a team that badly needs not only talent, but another scorer to go to outside of Kevin Love.

2)I never said Jordan Hill is better than Derrick Williams. I never said Derrick Williams is better than Jordan Hill. I think they're a wash to be honest. That's why I said if Jordan Hill entered last year's draft out of college, he'd be right there with Williams because of how weak the draft was.

So 1 year defines his career, huh?

Jordan Hill would not have been up there with Derrick Williams. He was basically a 1 year wonder in college and he just happened to measure out at 6'10 and get the GM's attention. There wasn't any scouting service that projected him to be more than a role player on this level, but at least the Knicks got to be the ones who found that out. Season to season comparisons with him & Williams go completely in Williams favor. Any team in their right mind would take Williams over Hill.

1 guy has a limited upside but could be a cheap bench player and the other guy is equally productive but his upside is unlimited as he develops his perimeter game. Makes perfect sense.

The draft was weak as a far as guys who would immediately be a "Franchise player", but there were plenty of talented players in the 2011 draft who many thought would become good starters in the NBA and a few maybe could sneak into an All Star game.

Would love to hear you try and debate against either of these points though :confusedshrug:
I did. :confusedshrug:

blablabla
05-26-2012, 04:30 AM

he probably has the best contract in the nba right now

brwnman
05-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Lowry is a highly overrated PG. He takes random shots, can become a little too wild at times, and doesn't play smart all the time. Not a PG you want running your ball club...

Rowe
05-26-2012, 04:33 AM
Damn Williams is only 6'8? That's pretty undersized for a PF, at least what the Lakers have been accustomed to. If he could shoot jumpers, he'd be a good fit next to Bynum, because that's basically what Gasol was relagated to after Bynum took sole possession of the low block in the paint this season. I thought he was at least a good defensive player like a Verajao type, but if he's a less refined version of Antwan Jamison, no thanks. Jamison couldn't play a lick of defense against anybody.
He's undersized at 6'8 but he's a very good athlete.

Williams isn't a consistent shooter at this point in his career, but nearly 1/4 of his shots were 3 point attempts. Mainly because the T'Wolves have him out on the perimeter at the 3. Assuming he continues to improve from that area then he offers the true Inside/Out threat that Brown was trying to get out of a Gasol/Bynum combo. He'd definetly be productive there at his natural position of PF. Nowhere near as skilled as Gasol, but he's athletic and knows how to drive to the basket and draw fouls.

On defense yeah he is Jamison-like or better yet Jamison-lite.

Doesn't do much for post defense, espescially with an average wingspan.

Rowe
05-26-2012, 04:39 AM
If true, this kinda bums me out. Beasley would've been the perfect bench player for the Lakers. :cry:

:lol I posted a thread about this a few days ago on how much he'd help off the bench if they had made that deal.

All the stuff I'm saying about Williams, but Beasley is clearly a far superior player talent-wise just is missing a brain. He just needs somebody like Kobe to slap the shit out of him, frequently, and maybe he'd put it together.

It made no damn sense that the Lakers couldn't get that deal done with Minnesota. So what if they had to take back Fisher? He was going to want a buyout no matter where he was traded. Throw in a future protected 1st or something.:confusedshrug:

brantonli
05-26-2012, 04:41 AM
As a well known Rockets fan, what are your thoughts on this proposed 3-team trade?

Hmm from a Rockets perspective, not bad, but ONLY if we can keep Dragic (which isn't a sure fire thing btw). I'd be disappointed we didn't get anything better (frankly I think the Rockets will use Martin and Lowry to move up in the draft) but Lakers give up Gasol and get Lowry, 2nd overall pick and Beasley? That's a bit too nice isn't it?

Rowe
05-26-2012, 04:44 AM
he probably has the best contract in the nba right now
He's older than Gasol and never has been as good as Gasol.

Yeah hes being paid modestly at $9.5 Million next season, but he's no more than a 4th option on any good team.:confusedshrug:

Just having him as a 2nd option for Houston hasn't gotten them far has it?

ImmortalNemesis
05-26-2012, 04:49 AM
Scola is Houston's number one option, that's why they haven't been able to make the playoffs. Scola is a decent 2nd option and an EXCELLENT 3rd option.

brantonli
05-26-2012, 05:56 AM
You need a very good defensive center next to Scola though to cover his defensive mistakes, a la what Spurs should've done :lol

blacknapalm
05-26-2012, 06:13 AM
You need a very good defensive center next to Scola though to cover his defensive mistakes, a la what Spurs should've done :lol

ya, i think people need to realize that scola and martin are amongst the worst defenders at their position. martin especially...the guy just sucks defensively. if he's not getting you 20 points while also getting to the line, he's pretty useless. he's arguably worse than boozer which is saying a lot. he was a pretty talented scorer in sac-town but that franchise seems to have always had those. then they go elsewhere and you see their liabilities.

at the same time, he'd still be a nice fit for minny because they desperately need a pure SG and one that can catch and shoot. martin can do that but they need to shore up that team's defense for it to work successfully. martin has also been pretty injury prone in the past so that's another thing to consider.

i agree with the overall sentiment of rowe in this thread...all signs point to minny being committed to williams, at least right now. i think he's one of the four they keep on their books unless a deal comes around that just makes the ground shake. and these proposed trades? just not enough.

i don't know if he'll fully come around. he's an offensive threat but i just feel that he's a tweener. he's too slow laterally to guard SF's straight up and he gets overpowered when he guards PF's. his P&R defense and general awareness is pretty awful.

still, you can't give up on him just yet. for now, they just have to hope he becomes better defensively at recognizing what is going on and starts developing a solid mid-range jumper. if he can do that, he can take guys off the dribble a bit. the same thing he's bad at defensively is something he can force upon offensively on other teams. he's a tweener though and if recent drafts have shown anything, it's that those guys don't really stick in the NBA. if he ends up being a slightly better version of marvin williams, that wouldn't surprise me much

pmj
05-26-2012, 07:40 AM
I've been on this trade forever for the Heat, and it was reportedly offered by Houston to the Heat. If we lose again, I'd definetly do it:

Bosh/Cole (or any other role player really, I used him b/c he's cheap)
for
Lowry/Scola/Dalembert

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=d4huy9c

NBA2k-Monster23
05-26-2012, 10:38 AM

If Houston throws in a first round pick then that could get the deal done.

IGOTGAME
05-26-2012, 11:09 AM
He's undersized at 6'8 but he's a very good athlete.

Williams isn't a consistent shooter at this point in his career, but nearly 1/4 of his shots were 3 point attempts. Mainly because the T'Wolves have him out on the perimeter at the 3. Assuming he continues to improve from that area then he offers the true Inside/Out threat that Brown was trying to get out of a Gasol/Bynum combo. He'd definetly be productive there at his natural position of PF. Nowhere near as skilled as Gasol, but he's athletic and knows how to drive to the basket and draw fouls.

On defense yeah he is Jamison-like or better yet Jamison-lite.

Doesn't do much for post defense, espescially with an average wingspan.
T-Wolves played him at the 4 the majority of the time. He just wanted to keep shooting threes.

you obviously havent watched Williams very much. He lacks the athetism to play 3.

He doesn't know what a good shot is and seems to find tough step back jumpers and has trouble finishing drives. Plus, he is horrible on defense and loses focus when he isn't scoring. I personally don't like having horrible defenders in the front court.

millwad
05-26-2012, 11:50 AM

No, Lowry, Martin and Scola for Blake and Gasol...:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

millwad
05-26-2012, 11:51 AM
If Houston throws in a first round pick then that could get the deal done.

Haha, so Houston will give Martin, Scola, Lowry and a first round pick for Blake and Gasol? :roll: :roll: :roll:

Kingwillball
05-26-2012, 11:52 AM
How about Lowry to Heat for Chalmers and Miller..

millwad
05-26-2012, 11:54 AM
I've been on this trade forever for the Heat, and it was reportedly offered by Houston to the Heat. If we lose again, I'd definetly do it:

for
Lowry/Scola/Dalembert

I like this trade, makes sense for both teams.

That means that the Rockets will do anything to get Goran back and if so, then the Rockets will have a team looking like this;

PG: Dragic
SG: Martin (as for now)
SF: Parsons
PF: Bosh
C: Camby

Sure, they would have to get a FA big guy but still, the trade would benifit them in the long run.

longtime lurker
05-26-2012, 11:54 AM
For all the guys that say Derrick Williams is too much to give up on the Timberwolves side, does anyone realistically see him reaching his full potential playing behind Kevin Love?

millwad
05-26-2012, 11:55 AM
How about Lowry to Heat for Chalmers and Miller..

Keep dreaming.

noob cake
05-26-2012, 11:58 AM

for
Lowry/Scola/Dalembert

Done deal if you throw in a late 1st.

Rather have 28 years old Bosh over 31 years old Gasol

KelticForce1349
05-26-2012, 12:05 PM

I wonder if there is a deal that could be worked out between Houston and Chicago? Maybe something along the lines of Houston getting Asik, Boozer, Player ?, Player ? (or the Bobcats pick) and Chicago gets either Courtney Lee/Martin and Lowry, Scola?

Can anyone think of anything realistic that is right for both teams?

millwad
05-26-2012, 12:31 PM
I wonder if there is a deal that could be worked out between Houston and Chicago? Maybe something along the lines of Houston getting Asik, Boozer, Player ?, Player ? (or the Bobcats pick) and Chicago gets either Courtney Lee/Martin and Lowry, Scola?

Can anyone think of anything realistic that is right for both teams?

Can't see the Rockets accepting this trade, they'd be stupid if they would do this.

Asik is a nice player but this trade would be stupid, the Rockets already have 2 centers in Camby and Dalembert. Boozer is soon to be 31 years old and obviously not in his prime anymore and not a big upgrade or upgrade at all over Scola.

Asik and Boozer as the main guys won't do it in a trade where Chicago wants Lowry, Scola and Martin/Lee..

Sorry.

KelticForce1349
05-26-2012, 12:38 PM
Can't see the Rockets accepting this trade, they'd be stupid if they would do this.

Asik is a nice player but this trade would be stupid, the Rockets already have 2 centers in Camby and Dalembert. Boozer is soon to be 31 years old and obviously not in his prime anymore and not a big upgrade or upgrade at all over Scola.

Asik and Boozer as the main guys won't do it in a trade where Chicago wants Lowry, Scola and Martin/Lee..

Sorry.

Ok. I see your point...unfortunately. I guess the Bulls would need to offer Deng, something they would never actually do.

B-Easy8
05-26-2012, 01:38 PM

How do the Wolves get better from this?

No way we would do that awful trade.

IGOTGAME
05-26-2012, 01:42 PM
How do the Wolves get better from this?

No way we would do that awful trade.

Lakers don't get any better either. They add two knuckleheads onto a team that already struggles with the team concept.

GOBB
05-26-2012, 02:05 PM
I can see Lakers opening up talks with Rockets about Gasol-Lowry (being the main pieces in a deal). If the relationship with McHale and Lowry is sour, then its obvious Dragic who really blossomed is the guy they will lock up.

Whoah10115
05-26-2012, 02:10 PM
idk. i feel dragic has better court vision, is the better ball handler and is the more consistent shooter. those are all things LA needs. they don't need a bunch of scoring from the PG position...at least for the next couple seasons. i mean, depends what happens in the offseason of course. i'm almost certain dragic is going to command too much money for LA to go after him though. i think LA will stick with sessions for at least one more season and see how he does. it's not like LA is known for making sudden PG changes, lol

I think Lowry has the better court vision. He spreads the floor for everyone, creates transition, really makes other players better. He has unlimited range and is a better shooter, if he calms his shots down. But I agree that Dragic is a more consistent shooter. But Dragic is more a scorer than Lowry is.

The thing I'm most impressed with, with Kyle Lowry, is how he can affect the game in such different ways. He can give you 35 one night, but he might give you 2 the next...and rack up 15 assists, and really dominate the game. I think he's pretty special.

Dragic will make more than Lowry. And Houston is likely to stick with Dragic. I always thought that. McHale clearly prefers Dragic. McHale limited Lowry's game a lot during the season. Also, Lowry has the best contract in the NBA. And he's great. He would command a lot in a trade. And trading him is better than losing Dragic for nothing.

Clippersfan86
05-26-2012, 02:23 PM
I think Lowry has the better court vision. He spreads the floor for everyone, creates transition, really makes other players better. He has unlimited range and is a better shooter, if he calms his shots down. But I agree that Dragic is a more consistent shooter. But Dragic is more a scorer than Lowry is.

The thing I'm most impressed with, with Kyle Lowry, is how he can affect the game in such different ways. He can give you 35 one night, but he might give you 2 the next...and rack up 15 assists, and really dominate the game. I think he's pretty special.

Dragic will make more than Lowry. And Houston is likely to stick with Dragic. I always thought that. McHale clearly prefers Dragic. McHale limited Lowry's game a lot during the season. Also, Lowry has the best contract in the NBA. And he's great. He would command a lot in a trade. And trading him is better than losing Dragic for nothing.

Lowry is more balanced at this point due to his defense but offensively Dragic is better in every way to me. Better playmaker, better pure shooter, better at running the team on the court. It sounds so cliche because Nash mentored him and he's a white guy but Dragic truly looks like Nash 2.0 a lot of times. The way he goes right up the gut of the defense and makes flashy passes out of traffic to open shooters is beautiful.

konex
05-26-2012, 02:36 PM
I can see Lakers opening up talks with Rockets about Gasol-Lowry (being the main pieces in a deal). If the relationship with McHale and Lowry is sour, then its obvious Dragic who really blossomed is the guy they will lock up.

This is a no-brainer and it might have got done at the deadline if Lowry wasn't hurt

Haymaker
05-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Right now Lowry might have more trade value than Gasol, and there's a huge disparity in their contracts. I don't know how is LA going to compensate since giving Lowry/Scola for Gasol seems like giving away too much for the Rockets.

bdreason
05-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Dragic doesn't seem like the most likeable guy.

sagr32
05-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Right now Lowry might have more trade value than Gasol, and there's a huge disparity in their contracts. I don't know how is LA going to compensate since giving Lowry/Scola for Gasol seems like giving away too much for the Rockets.Even with gasol's declining value I think he is worth more than lowry but I also agree the lowry/scola would be too much to give up for Pau. Seems to me that a 3rd team is needed if this deal is at all possible.

millwad
05-26-2012, 02:51 PM
Dragic doesn't seem like the most likeable guy.

No, the difference between Scola and Gasol is not a Kyle Lowry on a great contract..

gasolina
05-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Lol at Laker fans hyping Gasol as a top 3 PF after crucifying him online just a week ago

millwad
05-26-2012, 02:53 PM
Even with gasol's declining value I think he is worth more than lowry but I also agree the lowry/scola would be too much to give up for Pau. Seems to me that a 3rd team is needed if this deal is at all possible.

The funny thing is that some lakerfans don't think that Scola and Lowry is enough, they even want Martin or Lee in the trade as well..:roll:

Whoah10115
05-26-2012, 02:54 PM

Let's pretend like last year's draft wasn't one of the weakest drafts of all time. Irving was a legit #1 pick, then the rest of the draft picks may as well have been 2nd rounders. Are we gonna act like if Jordan Hill went into last year's draft out of college, he wouldn't be right there with Williams? :biggums:

It's easy to just say things and ignore the already immediate results of the draft.

A bunch of terrific players who came out of the draft and "they may as well have been 2nd rounders" is an ignorant statement.

Whoah10115
05-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Lowry is more balanced at this point due to his defense but offensively Dragic is better in every way to me. Better playmaker, better pure shooter, better at running the team on the court. It sounds so cliche because Nash mentored him and he's a white guy but Dragic truly looks like Nash 2.0 a lot of times. The way he goes right up the gut of the defense and makes flashy passes out of traffic to open shooters is beautiful.

I disagree. Lowry has better vision and is a much better passer. What Dragic does better is run pure pick n' roll. He's a better slasher, naturally getting all the way to the rim. And I do think he's a better pure game manager.

But I can't see him being a better playmaker than Lowry, in any way. The thing that could be an issue for Lowry is his consistency in putting it all together. But like I said, his stat lines change every night, but he always produces. I think his assist totals don't do justice to how much better he makes players. He makes Scola a much better player. Obviously, he's the better rebounder and defender. I also think that, after the big 7, he's the best PG in the NBA.

If I was projecting, I'd say that Dragic might very well establish himself as a top 10 PG next season. But I'd have Lowry near the tier of the other 7.

noob cake
05-26-2012, 03:07 PM
I disagree. Lowry has better vision and is a much better passer. What Dragic does better is run pure pick n' roll. He's a better slasher, naturally getting all the way to the rim. And I do think he's a better pure game manager.

But I can't see him being a better playmaker than Lowry, in any way. The thing that could be an issue for Lowry is his consistency in putting it all together. But like I said, his stat lines change every night, but he always produces. I think his assist totals don't do justice to how much better he makes players. He makes Scola a much better player. Obviously, he's the better rebounder and defender. I also think that, after the big 7, he's the best PG in the NBA.

If I was projecting, I'd say that Dragic might very well establish himself as a top 10 PG next season. But I'd have Lowry near the tier of the other 7.

Dragic was on a hot steak. Lowry should be a better player next year.

Dragic can hit some passes that Lowry clearly can't but he is more ball dominant. Lowry has more impact on the game. I rather keep Lowry as a Rockets fan.

IGOTGAME
05-26-2012, 03:08 PM
Lol at Laker fans hyping Gasol as a top 3 PF after crucifying him online just a week ago

I all about keeping Gasol and trading Bynum though.

IGotACoolStory
05-26-2012, 03:10 PM
Dragic to NY needs to happen.

Godzuki
05-26-2012, 03:21 PM
i wouldn't want to play for Mchale either. he's the same idiot that signed Dalembert when teams wanted him, then goes and gets Camby too. i'd have been pissed if i were Dalembert since he could've gone back to Sacramento with guaranteed PT. Mchale has always tried to make everything some competition and abruptly sits players in favor of others on a dime. He'd just be a horrible coach to play for if you're not a already known star guaranteed your minutes. can't blame Lowry at all, especially when you think you've proven yourself enough, but are going to have to fight for PT or emphasis again.

its sort of like the Bears signing Michael Bush while still having Forte, altho football's a little different since its nice to really have depth there and both are used more to spell each other. still, i don't blame Forte for being pissed.