PDA

View Full Version : Udonis Haslem Admits Foul On Tyler Hansbrough Was Retaliation For Dwyane Wade

KingMichael23
05-28-2012, 12:22 AM
[QUOTE]Udonis Haslem admitted retaliating on Tyler Hansbrough in Game 5, which led to a one-game suspension.

Hansbrough fouled Dwyane Wade on a previous play that drew blood.

Haymaker
05-28-2012, 12:23 AM
Haslem thinks he's so thug. He messed with Tyler, of all people. :rolleyes:

RaininTwos
05-28-2012, 12:25 AM
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/retaliate

Batz
05-28-2012, 12:27 AM
I still think Heat are soft. Mentally that is.

People thought Lakers were soft against Boston in 08. They didn't need to smack people around to change peoples mindset, they changed their own mindset. Developed a championship attitude. Heat still trying to find a way to do that, you see flashes of it now and then, just lacks consistency and focus.

Committing flagrant fouls doesn't help, hurts your image if anything. I honestly think Miami is more softer after all this nonsense.

RoseCity07
05-28-2012, 12:27 AM
Heat are the best team when they want to be.

Deal with it.

Velocirap31
05-28-2012, 12:28 AM
I see nothing wrong with sticking up for your teammates. Good job Haslem.

Lebron23
05-28-2012, 12:28 AM
Old School Mentality. The Destroyer Pittman will be back in Game 3.

RaininTwos
05-28-2012, 12:29 AM
I still think Heat are soft. Mentally that is.

People thought Lakers were soft against Boston in 08. They didn't need to smack people around to change peoples mindset, they changed their own mindset. Developed a championship attitude. Heat still trying to find a way to do that, you see flashes of it now and then, just lacks consistency and focus.

Committing flagrant fouls doesn't help, hurts your image if anything. I honestly think Miami is more softer after all this nonsense.

Derek Fisher tackling Scola and Kobe kneeing the shit out of Battier have been so conveniently forgotten it seems.

Keep talking.

Batz
05-28-2012, 12:29 AM
Derek Fisher tackling Scola and Kobe kneeing the shit out of Battier have been so conveniently forgotten it seems.

Keep talking.
Didn't that series go to 7 games?

Worked like a charm.

Lebron23
05-28-2012, 12:30 AM

Hansbrough acted like a douche in this series. He was pretty much useless against the Heat.

DavisWarriorsFan
05-28-2012, 12:32 AM

Keep talking.
Luis Scola said something about Luke's mother. That's why he got elbowed.

Ketchup
05-28-2012, 12:33 AM

I don't know if you know this, but he's one of the strongest players in the league. And wasn't he a hot head in college?

tpols
05-28-2012, 12:46 AM
I don't know if you know this, but he's one of the strongest players in the league. And wasn't he a hot head in college?
He's white.:facepalm

iamgine
05-28-2012, 12:46 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/27/2819429/miami-heats-udonis-haslem-shares.html

Heat are a dirty team. Tyler Hansbrough was going for the ball. Not at D-Wade. Why retaliation? Why try to hurt somebody else on purpose? And that shouldn't have been a flagrant foul on Hansbrough
That doesn't matter because Haslem didn't think so. His retaliation is based on his belief that Hansborough was playing dirty. That makes him wrong, not dirty.

bdreason
05-28-2012, 12:51 AM
What's the big deal?

You flagrant foul my teams star player, I'm going to send someone to return the favor. This isn't something new.

Lebron23
05-28-2012, 12:54 AM
What's the big deal?

You flagrant foul my teams star player, I'm going to send someone to return the favor. This isn't something new.

Yeah

Batz
05-28-2012, 12:55 AM
And we didn't need Haslem to say it out-loud to figure it out either...

Indian guy
05-28-2012, 01:03 AM
They didn't need to smack people around to change peoples mindset

Butt hurt Laker fan alert :oldlol:

Miami's shots were retaliations to Indiana's own cheap shots. They didn't just start smacking Indiana around to shed a label they DO NOT HAVE. This was all about getting back at Indiana for all the phony posturing they were doing.

I honestly think Miami is more softer after all this nonsense.

OK :oldlol:

You're the only one the planet who thinks that. The rest of the league and fans learned you don't **** with the Heat. Every single player they'll now face will think twice before landing a cheap shot on LeBron and Wade.

Batz
05-28-2012, 01:07 AM
Butt hurt Laker fan alert :oldlol:

Miami's shots were retaliations to Indiana's own cheap shots. They didn't just start smacking Indiana around to shed a label they DO NOT HAVE. This was all about getting back at Indiana for all phony posturing they were doing.

You're the only one the planet who thinks that.
I don't mind that if I'm the only one who thinks that. I don't get how I'm butt-hurt either.

You respond to nonsense, with more nonsense. You just extend a series. You respond to nonsense with winning basketball, and maybe you'd finish off a team of dumb asses a tad bit quicker.

Miami are mentally weak. Lebron crumbles under-pressure, Wade takes too many days off and gets frustrated easily, Bosh usually has no clue what's going on, the role players are self-explanatory.

They can be power-houses. Just these mental errors and slips hold them back.

How am I butt-hurt by the way? I really want to know how you concluded to that.

Clippersfan86
05-28-2012, 01:09 AM
Good. I wish we had goons like this for when people cheapshot Griffin.

tpols
05-28-2012, 01:10 AM
Good. I wish we had goons like this for when people cheapshot Griffin.
Reggie and Caron will show DeAndre the ropes.

Haymaker
05-28-2012, 01:10 AM
He's white.:facepalm :oldlol:

DuMa
05-28-2012, 01:11 AM
i can see a fine incoming.

Indian guy
05-28-2012, 01:13 AM
I don't get how I'm butt-hurt either.

You're a Laker fan. You will always be butt-hurt about anything concerning LeBron/Heat. That and your argument doesn't make any sense. How does retaliating cheap shots with cheap shots make you soft?

You respond to nonsense with winning basketball

Which is exactly what Miami did.

and maybe you'd finish off a team of dumb asses a tad bit quicker.

Miami didn't lose a single game once they stopped taking Indiana's tough guy posturing.

Miami are mentally weak.

I disagree, and so would the Pacers.

Batz
05-28-2012, 01:25 AM
You're a Laker fan. You will always be butt-hurt about anything concerning LeBron/Heat. That and your argument doesn't make any sense. How does retaliating cheap shots with cheap shots make you soft?
Funny. I'm not bitter, never indicated it in the slightest. I'm actually rooting for the Heat with the Lakers out, because I genuinely believe that they are the only remaining team in the playoffs that can take the Spurs out. Explained in several other threads. They're also my cousin's favourite team, and he's the reason why I started watching Basketball.

And he agrees with me. And he's been a legitimate Heat fan longer than anyone I've ever known. Online or in the real world.

Which is exactly what Miami did.

No. They responded with nonsense. And the series got extended to 6 games, when it should've been 4-5 easy. Pacers have solid talent, but they're stupid. Like really stupid, and the Heat just found a way to match their stupidity.

Miami didn't lose a single game once they stopped taking Indiana's tough guy posturing.
Repeat.

I disagree, and so would the Pacers.
Who's asking the Pacers? Why would we ask the Pacers?

Look, I get where you're coming. Smack a team around, and you get the intimidation factor. I've seen teams try this all the time. Trying to bad-boy piston their way into a win.

Doesn't work. Miami didn't start winning this series because of the cheap shots. They started winning because they ignored the nonsense, and began playing basketball. Wade's push, Haslem's cheapshot, and Pittman's murder attempt had nothing to do with it. It came down to Wade and Lebron finally realizing that the Pacers don't have a clue what they're doing, and then took-over the series.

The nonsense dictated nothing. It just showed that a stupid Pacers team can get under the Heat's skin, and frustrate them so easily. It just extended a series that didn't need to be extended. And in the end, Miami overcame their mental errors and demolished them.

G-train
05-28-2012, 01:28 AM

He is one tough player, regardless of the opposition.

Phong
05-28-2012, 01:33 AM
When Wade gets fouled hard, he calls for back up to fight his fights. When he's barely touched and doesn't get the whistle, he pouts and makes a dirty play.

Batz
05-28-2012, 01:36 AM
When he's barely touched and doesn't get the whistle, he pouts and makes a dirty play.
Mentally weak. :confusedshrug:

G-train
05-28-2012, 01:36 AM
Of course, the fat hater appears.

When Wade gets fouled hard, he calls for back up to fight his fights. When he's barely touched and doesn't get the whistle, he pouts and makes a dirty play.
...and then the other 47.5 mins he is one of the best players in the world.

G-train
05-28-2012, 01:37 AM

Mentally weak all the way to the title in '06, a 5 min Mavs run from one in '11, and IMO another in '12.
Suck on it hater.

Batz
05-28-2012, 01:39 AM
Mentally weak all the way to the title in '06, a 5 min Mavs run from one in '11, and IMO another in '12.
Suck on it hater.
You're not making sense.

tpols
05-28-2012, 01:40 AM
a 5 min Mavs run from one in '11[/B]

Really?:lol

Phong
05-28-2012, 01:42 AM
Really?:lolA flop away from the championship.

http://maximumgrilledsteelers.com/mgsblog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/dwade-fail.jpg

G-train
05-28-2012, 01:43 AM
You're not making sense.

It's perfect sense if you don't have hate clouded judgement.
He won a title in 2006. He came very close in 2011. And in my opinion he will win another in 2012. All while being the teams best player or close to it.
If that's a mentally weak player, in the greatest league in the world, under the highest pressure in basketball, then you are stupid or clouded with hate.

Heavincent
05-28-2012, 01:45 AM

You're the only one the planet who thinks that. The rest of the league and fans learned you don't **** with the Heat. Every single player they'll now face will think twice before landing a cheap shot on LeBron and Wade.

The Mavs ****ed with the Heat last year and look what happened :confusedshrug:

Batz
05-28-2012, 01:47 AM
It's perfect sense if you don't have hate clouded judgement.
He won a title in 2006. He came very close in 2011. And in my opinion he will win another in 2012. All while being the teams best player or close to it.
If that's a mentally weak player, in the greatest league in the world, under the highest pressure in basketball, then you are stupid or clouded with hate.
I had to take a step back from the computer and facepalm. Seriously.

I'm a Wade fan. So no haterism. Just you having to spew out the usual to convince yourself that you know what you're talking about. When in reality, you have no ****ing clue what's going on.

I watched the 2006 series. Main reason why I'm a fan of him. Awesome series.

He mentally crumbled in the 2011 series, so did Lebron. Neat start, huge in their two wins, not so much in about 2-3 of their losses though.

I expect the usual response. Have at it now. Maybe throw in a smiley or a thousand. I expect nothing less.

DStebb716
05-28-2012, 01:48 AM
Heat are the best team when they want to be.

Deal with it.

And the most underachieving team if they don't.
I honestly believe that if they absolutely set their minds to it, the Miami Heat could go undefeated. There is SO much talent between just the three main pieces that it doesn't matter what is around them. But they just aren't focused and don't want it enough.

kidachi
05-28-2012, 01:51 AM
No. They responded with nonsense. And the series got extended to 6 games, when it should've been 4-5 easy. Pacers have solid talent, but they're stupid. Like really stupid, and the Heat just found a way to match their stupidity.

I don't get what the nonsense is.. Extended? Pacers are a solid team on O and D.. It's expected to be 5 or 6 games.. I don't think they got under the Heat's skin.. the "tough guy" act "started" in game 3.. one of the worst shooting games of the series for the Heat.. that's when the Heat said that whatever Granger is doing, it won't work.. after that they smacked the Pacers around..

ralph_i_el
05-28-2012, 01:52 AM

because white people can't be strong or tough :facepalm

tpols
05-28-2012, 01:56 AM
because white people can't be strong or tough :facepalm
:rolleyes:
I was playing homie

Batz
05-28-2012, 01:57 AM
I don't get what the nonsense is.. Extended? Pacers are a solid team on O and D.. It's expected to be 5 or 6 games.. I don't think they got under the Heat's skin.. the "tough guy" act "started" in game 3.. one of the worst shooting games of the series for the Heat.. that's when the Heat said that whatever Granger is doing, it won't work.. after that they smacked the Pacers around..
Nonsense started in game 2. They lost two games because of it. Took em till game 4 to realize shit. And then they owned the rest of the way.

Jimmy2k8
05-28-2012, 01:58 AM
So, not to digress from.the topic, but did I really just read in the second page of this thread that the Heat/Lebron were two wins away from winning the championship? So what? They lost. They had no chance of winning that series after game 2.
But please continue with the "two games away from winning the championship". I only see Heat fans bring that nice excuse up.

Batz
05-28-2012, 02:00 AM
So, not to digress from.the topic, but did I really just read in the second page of this thread that the Heat/Lebron were two wins away from winning the championship? So what? They lost. They had no chance of winning that series after game 2.
But please continue with the "two games away from winning the championship". I only see Heat fans bring that nice excuse up.
Lakers were so and so points on different games and could've taken a 3-1 lead against OKC. Their mental weakness got the better of them. And the series was practically over after the game 2 breakdown. :confusedshrug:

andgar923
05-28-2012, 02:00 AM
http://www.miamiherald.com/2012/05/27/2819429/miami-heats-udonis-haslem-shares.html

Heat are a dirty team. Tyler Hansbrough was going for the ball. Not at D-Wade. Why retaliation? Why try to hurt somebody else on purpose? And that shouldn't have been a flagrant foul on Hansbrough
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Haymaker
05-28-2012, 02:21 AM
because white people can't be strong or tough :facepalm Go back and get the joke.

HorryIsMyMVP
05-28-2012, 02:27 AM
This was a hate racist hate crime. Haslem should do 10 to life.

NuggetsFan
05-28-2012, 02:35 AM

How the f*ck is Dwayne Wade mentally weak? You never quite know if people are being serious or just trolling. I get the LeBron hate .. but Wade? Dude tore it up in '06. One black mark against Dallas doesn't take that away. It'd be like calling Kobe mentally weak when L.A choked away that lead to Boston. Or when he choked in '04.

Dwayne's paid his dues and got shit done. Not sure if you can remember that or if you were 7 when it happened .. or just trolling :oldlol:

LakersReign
05-28-2012, 02:39 AM

You actually think FAKE Heat fans are ever really going to admit that Lebron choked in the '11 Finals?:facepalm

Batz
05-28-2012, 04:15 AM
How the f*ck is Dwayne Wade mentally weak? You never quite know if people are being serious or just trolling. I get the LeBron hate .. but Wade? Dude tore it up in '06. One black mark against Dallas doesn't take that away. It'd be like calling Kobe mentally weak when L.A choked away that lead to Boston. Or when he choked in '04.

Dwayne's paid his dues and got shit done. Not sure if you can remember that or if you were 7 when it happened .. or just trolling :oldlol:
We're talking about after 06 lad.

Force
05-28-2012, 04:17 AM
Haslem has a clean record in the NBA. He isn't dirty but he is tough and not a wuss.

For a thread to be about him admitting it was to get back at Tyler is like Haslem admitting he is black. Pretty f'n obvious and goes without saying.

comerb
05-28-2012, 04:29 AM

Some of you guys are ****in hypocrites. If this was any team other than the Heat, you'd be on that players nuts like a fly on shit.

Haslem is an enforcer, he always has been. You **** with his superstar by gnashing his eye open with a hard foul, he's going to put you on your ass, and he's not going to feel bad about it. Those guys have been a part of the league for decades, and every team is better off to have a guy like that on their roster.

Batz
05-28-2012, 05:02 AM
Some of you guys are ****in hypocrites. If this was any team other than the Heat, you'd be on that players nuts like a fly on shit.

Haslem is an enforcer, he always has been. You **** with his superstar by gnashing his eye open with a hard foul, he's going to put you on your ass, and he's not going to feel bad about it. Those guys have been a part of the league for decades, and every team is better off to have a guy like that on their roster.
So a guy who has really no record of being an enforcer, having to step up with a key player out meaning that he can't be an enforcer, and a guy named Juwan Howard on the bench, is somehow the team's enforcer?

Pulling out of your ass? And how does it make me a hypocrite?

ImmortalNemesis
05-28-2012, 05:07 AM
Luis Scola said something about Luke's mother. That's why he got elbowed.

Link or are you just talking out of your ass?

nbaballllller
05-28-2012, 05:07 AM
lmao

pacers were the ones that tried to stir stuff up

Starting with the coach then danny "badass" granger etc

They should have kept their mouths shut

Sarcastic
05-28-2012, 05:15 AM
Yea, the Pacers started the dirty stuff.

http://nbadunkers.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/DWYANE-WADE-DIRTY-PLAYER.gif

Granger clearly threw the ball at Wade's head

B-Easy8
05-28-2012, 05:45 AM
God I hate this team, if it wasn't for LeBron I would love for the C's to sweep them.

LakersReign
05-28-2012, 06:35 AM

You mean like how all y'all were in here with your fake outrage, calling for Metta to be suspended for the rest of the season after the elbow on Harden?:facepalm

Only on ISH can a guy with no history of being a "tough guy" fake or otherwise, SUDDENLY become an enforcer. Just gotta love FAKE Heat fans and their equally fake wannabe e-thug personas:roll:

Shut up and go sit down somewhere:sleeping

Kews1
05-28-2012, 06:42 AM

this

Nash
05-28-2012, 06:51 AM
lol at these Miami threads, always the same ending anyway with haters bringing Lebron into the whole thing.

Haslem admits retaliation --> Miami soft --> Lebron choked 2011.

WHAT!!?

Dresta
05-28-2012, 07:52 AM
I had to take a step back from the computer and facepalm. Seriously.

I'm a Wade fan. So no haterism. Just you having to spew out the usual to convince yourself that you know what you're talking about. When in reality, you have no ****ing clue what's going on.

I watched the 2006 series. Main reason why I'm a fan of him. Awesome series.

He mentally crumbled in the 2011 series, so did Lebron. Neat start, huge in their two wins, not so much in about 2-3 of their losses though.

I expect the usual response. Have at it now. Maybe throw in a smiley or a thousand. I expect nothing less.
What? Wade was awesome in the 2011 finals.

Apogee
05-28-2012, 10:27 AM
lol at these Miami threads, always the same ending anyway with haters bringing Lebron into the whole thing.

WHAT!!?

Basically this. NO idea how its happens but the haters always find a way to bring in Lebron when its a thread about Haslem.

gilalizard
05-28-2012, 11:13 AM
Can you imagine how Miami homers would of been squealing about the injustice of it all if someone had retaliated against Wade for his leg-sweep of Rondo, which was deliberate and far more serious.

Or retaliated against Wade for his deliberate elbow on Rip.

Or retaliated against Wade for his deliberate body-check of Collison.

Wade gets away with murder on the court.

According to Haslem's attitude, it's long overdue for Wade to be getting some payback.

Hittin_Shots
05-28-2012, 11:38 AM
So if a Boston comes out and purposely breaks wades arm for retaliation for last season, you guys condoning this wouldn't mind right?

nathanjizzle
05-28-2012, 11:43 AM
i htink he shouldnt have made it so obvious, but its good that someone did it in order to stop indy from playing so hard. they did this to derrick rose last year and no one on the bulls responded, so they kept hacking him hard.

Scholar
05-28-2012, 11:46 AM

I think I detect a notch of racism here. Just a tad bit.

dunksby
05-28-2012, 11:51 AM
Everybody knows Wade needs someone to stick up for him

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/dd7165ea.gif

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-28-2012, 11:54 AM

:oldlol:

Yeah that type of stuff shouldn't be tolerated on here.

tpols
05-28-2012, 11:56 AM
I think you need to turn your sarcasm detector up a notch then.:lol

RaininTwos
05-28-2012, 12:08 PM
Can you imagine how Miami homers would of been squealing about the injustice of it all if someone had retaliated against Wade for his leg-sweep of Rondo, which was deliberate and far more serious.

Or retaliated against Wade for his deliberate elbow on Rip.

Or retaliated against Wade for his deliberate body-check of Collison.

Wade gets away with murder on the court.

According to Haslem's attitude, it's long overdue for Wade to be getting some payback.
You guys cant be serious. It's like every day I see you crying about the heat. I've been here for over four years and I have no idea who you even root for.

O_City_Thunder
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM

WHAT!!?
:roll: :roll: :roll:

RRR3
05-28-2012, 12:11 PM
You guys cant be serious. It's like every day I see you crying about the heat. I've been here for over four years and I have no idea who you even root for.
Probably Lakers. Most of the butthurt about LeBron comes out of LA it seems. I guess he could be a Cavs fan too...

RRR3
05-28-2012, 12:13 PM

WHAT!!?
:roll: :roll: :roll:
God it's true though. Lots of this BS on ISH...

Vragrant
05-28-2012, 12:29 PM

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/dd7165ea.gif

I read an interview with Wade after this happened. This was more of an emotional response. Wade said he thought his career was probably over after all the hard work he put in. Remember this was less than a year after he won a championship.

Dro
05-28-2012, 12:32 PM
I still don't understand how people are comparing a play where Tyler was obviously going for the ball and his follow through hit Wade in the face...Haslem was not going for the ball at all...umm, how is Haslem justified for retaliating against Hansborough who made a clean play on the ball? When did he say this quote? Before or after he saw the replay? If he's seen the replay, then he's full of shit, if he hadn't seen both replays yet, then Ill cut him some slack...

Phong
05-28-2012, 01:08 PM
I've been here for over four years and I have no idea who you even root for.You're from Toronto, you have an Atlanta Hawks avatar but you root for the Heat cause you're a big LeBron dickrider. :rolleyes:

http://i1091.photobucket.com/albums/i394/Swagengen/dd7165ea.gifWeak bitch who needs his teammates to fight his fights.

RaininTwos
05-28-2012, 01:26 PM
You're from Toronto, you have an Atlanta Hawks avatar but you root for the Heat cause you're a big LeBron dickrider. :rolleyes:

Weak bitch who needs his teammates to fight his fights.
:sleeping

I've lived in Miami,Atlanta,Toronto and Ohio and have been following bron since he was in HS. I was posting in Heat/Hawks game threads since like 2009 but all of a sudden I am a dickrider.:oldlol:

Naturally if the best players three of the four teams you follow join forces I am going to root for them. Not everyone watches them hoping for a mishap so they can post gifs to a message board for some attention. Go outside.

Keep reaching idiot.

comerb
05-28-2012, 02:36 PM
So a guy who has really no record of being an enforcer

Have you even watched the Heat play the last 10 years? Jesus tits you're clueless.

comerb
05-28-2012, 02:41 PM
You mean like how all y'all were in here with your fake outrage, calling for Metta to be suspended for the rest of the season after the elbow on Harden?:facepalm

Only on ISH can a guy with no history of being a "tough guy" fake or otherwise, SUDDENLY become an enforcer. Just gotta love FAKE Heat fans and their equally fake wannabe e-thug personas:roll:

Shut up and go sit down somewhere:sleeping

Meta threw an errant haymaker elbow for no reason. There is a significant difference, and if your mother wasn't doing acid when she was prego you'd realize that. If Harden had just got done bloodying Kobe up I wouldn't have given a shit, I'd have applauded Meta

ihoopallday
05-28-2012, 03:59 PM
It's memorial day. Grab a beer, eat some BBQ, give thanks to the troops and chill out. Have a good day my fellow ISH posters.