PDA

View Full Version : Rumors about Luol Deng for Pau Gasol Trade

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Please No. Last thing we need is another soft *removed* on our team playing the 4. It makes no sense...AT ALL. Pau would have the SAME impact as Boozer and we would be left with 2 weak ass Power Forwards and Taj playing all his mins at the 5.

GTFO Pau.

Edit: Stop using racist language. It's censored to keep it off the board, not tso that you can try to find a way around the censoring.

stallionaire
05-28-2012, 02:51 PM
Pau is better than Deng. STFU hater.

KelticForce1349
Please No. Last thing we need is another soft Niqqa on our team playing the 4. It makes no sense...AT ALL. Pau would have the SAME impact as Boozer and we would be left with 2 weak ass Power Forwards and Taj playing all his mins at the 5.

GTFO Pau.

Wow. It really should be Boozer for Gasol...lol. So, would the Bulls amnesty Boozer or try to trade him for a SF that could be Deng-lite?

GoldNugg21
Pau is considerably better than Boozer, but for it to make sense for Chicago they need to be able to move Boozer for a perimeter scorer of some sort. Not sure it makes a ton of sense for LA either; they need more depth and youth in a Pau trade IMO.

tpols
05-28-2012, 02:54 PM
Come on now.. Pau's a lot better than Boozer. If anything on just help defense, tip ins, and rebounding alone.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Why would the Lakers do Pau for Boozer straight up? ROFL, that's terrible. :oldlol:

KelticForce1349
05-28-2012, 02:55 PM
Pau is considerably better than Boozer, but for it to make sense for Chicago they need to be able to move Boozer for a perimeter scorer of some sort. Not sure it makes a ton of sense for LA either; they need more depth and youth in a Pau trade IMO.

I want Gasol on my Bulls but I (selfishly in my fandom) don't really want to lose Deng. Wouldn't Deng be good for the Lakers though in that he is an unselfish player that would never ever threaten to outshine Kobe while giving them the 3's, and tough perimeter defense that the Lakers need?

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 02:56 PM
We don't need any changes at the SF. Deng needs to stay where he is. What need is a guy like Tyreke Evans or OJ Mayo who are very young SGs with a lot of potential that will come for cheap.

Shit, if we can package Boozer,Hamilton, and a pick for Z-Bo and S&T OJ Mayo from Memphis that would be good. We also want to resign Asik and add some cheap vets.

Joakim
Z-Bo/Taj
Deng
Mayo
Rose/Watson

@ stallionaire
You're a wolves fan, you have NO say in a thread between Lakers and Bulls and no right to an opinion until you reach the playoffs atleast you c0cksucker. Go hang out with 50 tyson or something betchboy.

KelticForce1349
05-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Come on now.. Pau's a lot better than Boozer. If anything on just help defense, tip ins, and rebounding alone.

I know that. I was speaking as a Bulls fan and not worrying about equal value.

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 02:59 PM
I want Gasol on my Bulls but I (selfishly in my fandom) don't really want to lose Deng. Wouldn't Deng be good for the Lakers though in that he is an unselfish player that would never ever threaten to outshine Kobe while giving them the 3's, and tough perimeter defense that the Lakers need?
Why not bring Kobe over here? :oldlol:
I'm sure we can make space for him by Amnestying Boozer and moving around some players so Lakers can unload Kobe on us and Lakers can build around Bynum and Pau.

Haymaker
05-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Well, what about this:

http://i47.tinypic.com/28mierl.png

stallionaire
05-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Well, what about this:

:applause:

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Well, what about this:

Same impact. I'm telling you. Boozer was a beast on the Jazz, what happened was that the Bulls are not a PF system. Sure, if the Bulls had a traditional point guard Pau would be great for us but no. With Pau he would only end up taking long jumpers like he is now with the Lakers. It would be Pau +Kobe all over again but instead of Kobe it will be Rose.

Not only that but the departure of Deng would leave a huge hole for us on defense AND offense.

blablabla
05-28-2012, 03:06 PM
Same impact. I'm telling you. Boozer was a beast on the Jazz, what happened was that the Bulls are not a PF system. Sure, if the Bulls had a traditional point guard Pau would be great for us but no. With Pau he would only end up taking long jumpers like he is now with the Lakers. It would be Pau +Kobe all over again but instead of Kobe it will be Rose.

Not only that but the departure of Deng would leave a huge hole for us on defense AND offense.
pau and kobe were great together before bynum started to play good

Haymaker
05-28-2012, 03:06 PM

I suggested this trade because if I were the Bulls, I would insist that they take away Boozer if they want Deng. Why would I want 2 starting PF with such huge contracts? Also, like you said, taking away Deng would leave a deep hole in the SF position and Artest might help mitigate that a little bit since he's playing decently again.

Yung D-Will
05-28-2012, 03:07 PM

No. He wasn't. He was soft, Didn't play with effort and got abused inside not to mention he settled for him jumpshot in clutch situations

Haymaker
05-28-2012, 03:07 PM
pau and kobe were great together before bynum started to play good This is also true. The lack of a post up Center in the Bulls would leave room for Gasol to operate in the paint, like he's supposed to do.

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 03:09 PM
pau and kobe were great together before bynum started to play good
You mean before Phil Jackson retired. We don't have Phil Jackson. We have Thibs who is a defense oriented coach and Pau doesn't do much defensively.

PJR
05-28-2012, 03:09 PM
Would be a steal for the Bulls.

Horatio33
05-28-2012, 03:11 PM
Why ould the Fakers do this? Pau is a better player than Boozer, Boozer also has more years on his contract.

LosBulls
No. He wasn't. He was soft, Didn't play with effort and got abused inside not to mention he settled for him jumpshot in clutch situations
No effort huh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8HIDrQErE

Stop being butthurt breh, I remember that Jazz Vs Nuggets series where he was grabbing 19 rebs and shit. Dude was a 20-10 allstar and you can't deny it.

Haymaker
You mean before Phil Jackson retired. We don't have Phil Jackson. We have Thibs who is a defense oriented coach and Pau doesn't do much defensively. He doesn't needs to do much, since Noah is there to do the dirty work for him. Gasol is a capable blocker and that's good enough for Thibs.

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
He doesn't needs to do much, since Noah is there to do the dirty work for him. Gasol is a capable blocker and that's good enough for Thibs.
I rather the Bulls fill in their other holes before going for Pau.

Rose
05-28-2012, 03:14 PM
Where'd you read this?

bdreason
05-28-2012, 03:16 PM
That's a terrible rumor. The idea that Lakers would trade Pau for Deng is laughable at best.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-28-2012, 03:17 PM
Deng/Noah for Pau/Ebanks/morris sounds about right

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 03:18 PM
Where'd you read this?
www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_120528.html

Could Chicago be Gasol

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-28-2012, 03:18 PM
He doesn't needs to do much, since Noah is there to do the dirty work for him. Gasol is a capable blocker and that's good enough for Thibs.

Lakers are not trading Pau only for Deng....get that out of ur head

Yung D-Will
05-28-2012, 03:20 PM
No effort huh?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gC8HIDrQErE

Stop being butthurt breh, I remember that Jazz Vs Nuggets series where he was grabbing 19 rebs and shit. Dude was a 20-10 allstar and you can't deny it.
Really? You post a random block to prove he played with effort? I never said he never blocked the ball I said he didn't play with effort. He never rotated, He barley jumped and he gave up layups like it was his job.

And it's funny you talk about rebounds because this is the guy who wouldn't contest a big's shot so he could get in position for a rebound

And if you actually realize how Boozer got his 20/10 in Utah you'd realize his 20/10 was dependent off playings off D-Will rather than creating for himself Ala Z-Bo.

I'm not "Butthurt" But I dislike when people rewrite the history of my team.

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 03:24 PM
Really? You post a random block to prove he played with effort? I never said he never blocked the ball I said he didn't play with effort. He never rotated, He barley jumped and he gave up layups like it was his job.

And it's funny you talk about rebounds because this is the guy who wouldn't contest a big's shot so he could get in position for a rebound

And if you actually realize how Boozer got his 20/10 in Utah you'd realize his 20/10 was dependent off playings off D-Will rather than creating for himself Ala Z-Bo.

I'm not "Butthurt" But I dislike when people rewrite the history of my team.
THIS is what im getting at. I don't see why you feel you need to argue something we both agree on.

All I said was that Boozer declined when he came to Chicago because he didn't have a traditional PG passing him the ball and the same would happen to Pau Gasol because even though he doesn't have a good PG he used to have a great offensive coach.

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 03:26 PM
Then again, we CAN trade Deng straight up for Pau then ship Boozer and Noah+ a pick to Orlando for Dwight then our defense problem would be solved and have our own big 3.

C: Dwight
PF: Gasol/Taj
SF: Kyle Korver
SG: Rip Hamilton
PG: Derrick Rose/CJ Watson

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Then again, we CAN trade Deng straight up for Pau then ship Boozer and Noah+ a pick to Orlando for Dwight then our defense problem would be solved and have our own big 3.

Lol u are not getting pau for deng... He is no different then the April artest...

Costs half the money...

With the luxury tax lakers are paying.... Won't pay 30mil on a player like deng

LosBulls
05-28-2012, 03:31 PM
Lol u are not getting pau for deng... He is no different then the April artest...

Costs half the money...

With the luxury tax lakers are paying.... Won't pay 30mil on a player like deng
You already said this twice, shut the **** up we get it, you don't want Deng for Pau.

tikay0
05-28-2012, 03:48 PM
This was taken from a sam smith article. The guy pulls trade scenarios out his ass. No way would we trade a 26 year old 2nd team all defense, for a 34 yr. old, playoff choker. Bigs would score on our weak ass front court too easy with pau and boozer starting. Disgustingly bad trade for the bulls.

tikay0
05-28-2012, 03:49 PM
We don't need any changes at the SF. Deng needs to stay where he is. What need is a guy like Tyreke Evans or OJ Mayo who are very young SGs with a lot of potential that will come for cheap.

Shit, if we can package Boozer,Hamilton, and a pick for Z-Bo and S&T OJ Mayo from Memphis that would be good. We also want to resign Asik and add some cheap vets.

Joakim
Z-Bo/Taj
Deng
Mayo
Rose/Watson

@ stallionaire
You're a wolves fan, you have NO say in a thread between Lakers and Bulls and no right to an opinion until you reach the playoffs atleast you c0cksucker. Go hang out with 50 tyson or something betchboy.

Oj Mayo wouldnt come for cheap. He would definitley look for that big money extension. No way bulls bite on mayo. Have you seen the playoffs anyways? The guy cant even hack it, coming off the bench.

AMISTILLILL
05-28-2012, 04:08 PM
Picturing Gasol in a Chicago jersey is weird.

AngelEyes
05-28-2012, 04:11 PM
This was taken from a sam smith article. The guy pulls trade scenarios out his ass. No way would we trade a 26 year old 2nd team all defense, for a 34 yr. old, playoff choker. Bigs would score on our weak ass front court too easy with pau and boozer starting. Disgustingly bad trade for the bulls.

Gasol is about to turn 32.

G-Funk
05-28-2012, 04:21 PM
Lakers are not given up Gasol for just Deng lol

nba_55
05-28-2012, 05:28 PM
Gasol for Deng :lol

Deng is overrated, especially by Bulls fans.
Why would LA trade a skilled big man like Gasol for another MWP?
Even MWP does better job on LBJ, Carmelo, etc. than overrated Deng.

sagr32
05-28-2012, 05:40 PM
I know Pau's value is on the decline but he still worth more than Deng who is overrated by bulls fans.

Rose
05-28-2012, 05:42 PM
[QUOTE=LosBulls]www.nba.com/bulls/news/smith_120528.html

Could Chicago be Gasol

hawkfan
05-28-2012, 06:01 PM
The Lakers are better off getting younger wings to add depth and foot speed, like what the Spurs did when adding guys like Leonard, Green, Neal, Mills.

ILLsmak
05-28-2012, 06:05 PM
There's your problem. Sam Smith:oldlol:

He's crazy. While the Bulls ARE interested in Gasol, I doubt they trade Deng for him, unless they swing a three team deal.

I think Deng for Gasol works for both sides. If anything, it's tilted towards the Bulls.

The only thing is they gotta get rid of Boozer somehow. If it could be a 3 team deal and bring in a decent SF and get rid of boozer, that'd be it.

-Smak

Upgrayedd
05-28-2012, 06:14 PM
Please let this happen! I love Deng but Deng for Gasol and then trading Boozer would be great. Re-sign Ronnie Brewer and have him start at SF. Noah/Gasol/Brewer/Rip/Rose... :rockon:

jbot
05-28-2012, 06:18 PM
Pau is better than Deng. STFU hater.
that and i don't see a straight up deng for gasol trade. i don't see people's problems with pau. "he's soft". hell, the way the league makes players play now makes them all "soft".

TimmyDuncan
05-28-2012, 06:27 PM

It's funny how lakers fans says Pau is terrible all playoff long.

And when the subject is to trade him, he suddenly is worth an all star and a near all star (not many good center theses days)

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-28-2012, 06:35 PM
You already said this twice, shut the **** up we get it, you don't want Deng for Pau.

why you so mad at me??? A SF who can defend are dime a dozen....no need to pay these fools 14-15mil/yr unless you are LBJ or Durant...or Pierce

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-28-2012, 06:37 PM

And when the subject is to trade him, he suddenly is worth an all star and a near all star (not many good center theses days)

never said he was terrible. the guys who say he is terrible dont know the game of basketball...

He is fcuking used horribly by our coach who knows nothing about offense....

He should be in low post & create plays from there and also be the aggressor....but potato head has no clue how to use the players to their strengths....

Upgrayedd
05-28-2012, 06:49 PM
I would be more than happy if Boozer is amnestied or traded and this trade happens and the Bulls get Gasol and then they re-sign Brewer and Korver and sign Hinrich.

Bulls roster next season:

Noah/Asik
Gasol/Taj
Brewer/Butler
Rip/Korver
Hinrich/Lucas/Rose (if he can come back at the end of next season)

:rockon:

RazorBaLade
05-28-2012, 06:56 PM

welcome to negotiation. when he wasnt on the trading block he was OMG hes so good lol deng for him bahhaha he was almost a finals mvp! when hes on the trading block hes a soft big man who lost the fire..... or vice versa if youre arguing from lakers fan side.

truth is proabbly in the middle and im confident we'll get back for him his near value.

talkingconch
05-28-2012, 06:57 PM
No thanks

qrich
05-28-2012, 07:02 PM
Yeah, why would the Lakers trade a top 5 power forward for a dime a dozen small forward that is due nearly 28 million over the next two years? In 39.4 minutes per game last year, he put up 15.3/6.5 on 41.2/36.7 shooting. You'd think with all those minutes, he'd be closer to 20 a night, even moreso considering all of the injuries, which would lead to opportunities of him being the #1 option.

Bulls would need to add Gibson and Butler with Deng to make the Lakers even listen.

SacJB Shady
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
weren't the warriors going to trade ellis and curry for gasol? I wonder how the Lakers would be with a small backcourt playing with kobe...

PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Kobe Bryant
PF- Metta World Peace
C- Andrew Bynum

Upgrayedd
05-28-2012, 07:08 PM
weren't the warriors going to trade ellis and curry for gasol? I wonder how the Lakers would be with a small backcourt playing with kobe...

PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Kobe Bryant
PF- Metta World Peace
C- Andrew Bynum

:roll:

tikay0
05-28-2012, 07:10 PM
Gasol is about to turn 32.

Either way, id rather trade deng for draft picks, and an ariza type sf. NOH whats up???

Tenchi Ryu
05-28-2012, 07:13 PM
Yeah, why would the Lakers trade a top 5 power forward for a dime a dozen small forward that is due nearly 28 million over the next two years? In 39.4 minutes per game last year, he put up 15.3/6.5 on 41.2/36.7 shooting. You'd think with all those minutes, he'd be closer to 20 a night, even moreso considering all of the injuries, which would lead to opportunities of him being the #1 option.

No, because most of his minutes are devoted to defense unless he's just having a hot night. Some nights he won't even contribute much offense, and solely stick to defense if its a certain player.

SacJB Shady
05-28-2012, 07:17 PM
:roll:

hes like the same height as blaire, maybe taller

Salazaar
05-28-2012, 07:46 PM

You have to take into consideration that there's a lot of teams in the east with star power at the SF position and kyle korver would pretty much get shitted on by the likes of lebron, carmelo, pierce... He's not a starter material

Salazaar
05-28-2012, 07:56 PM

PG- Stephen Curry
SG- Monta Ellis
SF- Kobe Bryant
PF- Metta World Peace
C- Andrew Bynum

What? That would be one of the worst trades of the decade

Go Getter
05-28-2012, 08:27 PM
1. I hope that the mods censor ALL crass remarks and not just ones directed at certain groups.
2. Gasol for Deng is stupid. We need Deng's defense.
3. I doubt this happens, sounds like hogwash.

eliteballer
05-28-2012, 08:28 PM
Luol for Deron for Gasol maybe

Go Getter
05-28-2012, 08:29 PM
You have to take into consideration that there's a lot of teams in the east with star power at the SF position and kyle korver would pretty much get shitted on by the likes of lebron, carmelo, pierce... He's not a starter material
We'd be the weakest team in the league at the 2 and 3 respectively.

I don't see how this trade makes sense.

tpols
05-28-2012, 08:35 PM
We'd be the weakest team in the league at the 2 and 3 respectively.

I don't see how this trade makes sense.
Yea but you also have to realize that 4s and 5s are much, much more valuable in the East as compared to the West as they are Miami's and partly New York's biggest weaknesses.

With Pau+Rose the bulls would be able to not only have a much better offensive system to compliment their defense, but they would also become a much better offensive rebounding team.. which is Miami's biggest weak spot.

Kiddlovesnets
05-28-2012, 09:18 PM
Good for the Bulls Id say.

ZeN
05-28-2012, 09:36 PM
Id hate this trade for the Lakers.. Gasol may be somewhat overpayed and unmotivated.. but hes definitely worth more than glut salaried Deng..

Gasol in a different setting and with the focus placed predominantly on him, will bring him back to 20-10 type status.. Hes incredibly underrated when it comes to his versatility as a big man.

qrich
05-28-2012, 10:07 PM
Luol for Deron for Gasol maybe

And why would Jersey (yes, I'm aware they are now Brooklyn, will continue to call them Jersey) take on an extra year of Deng? They'd be better off, worst case, letting Deron and Crash walk, hoping to win the lotto and teaming up Davis with Lopez up front.

schism206
05-28-2012, 11:24 PM
Id hate this trade for the Lakers.. Gasol may be somewhat overpayed and unmotivated.. but hes definitely worth more than glut salaried Deng..

Gasol in a different setting and with the focus placed predominantly on him, will bring him back to 20-10 type status.. Hes incredibly underrated when it comes to his versatility as a big man.

Agreed, I'd much rather have him on my team than Deng. He may be 32 but I think he's got a few more good years and with more touches and more of a focal point, he'd have some good numbers. But if the Bulls did get him, if he was alongside Noah, that would be a tough duo to deal with come playoff time. Then if the Bulls can get rid of Boozer for a decent wing etc. to replace Deng, they have a better PLAYOFF team, not regular season team that secures the 1st seed and loses to Miami in ECF. Noah is tough, Pau has experience in the playoffs, and they have some legitimate options down the stretch of games with Rose for slashing and Pau for the post. Boozer just doesn't do it for me... Of course, this is assuming Rose can come back strong...

Lebron23
05-28-2012, 11:26 PM
Good for the Bulls Id say.

Hell No

Deng is 5 years younger than Gasol.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-28-2012, 11:31 PM
Hell No

lol keep deng

Gasol is proven 2n option on a championship team...B2B

SF's like deng are dime a dozen...honestly i would prefer MWP over Deng...when is getting paid half

disel
05-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Is this ass clown for real?

qrich
05-29-2012, 01:02 AM
Hell No

Eric Bledsoe for LeBron.

Hell no, Bledsoe is younger than LeBron.

Sounds just as retarded as straight up

Meticode
05-29-2012, 01:05 AM
I would say no for Chicago. Deng is arguably Chicago's second most important player. It's between him and Noah because of the defense they play and Chicago's team is built around Derrick Rose and defense. The main hiccup with Deng is his durability. You just never really know if he's going to be 100% for the playoffs or not.

Meticode
05-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Eric Bledsoe for LeBron.

Different scenario. LeBron highly upgrades your team. Gasol for Deng doesn't really accomplish much of anything and while it improves your post game (which is arguable because Gasol can be passive as we witness these playoffs) you highly put yourself at a disadvantage giving up arguably your best perimeter defender.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Eric Bledsoe for LeBron.

Sounds just as retarded as straight up

ahh arent u the same retard who was suggesting in lakers forum to trade bynum for rockets junk???

Amnesty Steve Blake

Trade TPE + 2 2nds to the Hornets for Trevor Ariza

Bynum, McRoberts to the Houston Rockets for Dragic (S&T), Dalembert, Martin and #16 (Terrance Ross)

Ramon Sessions to Utah for Raja Bell and #47 (Drew Gordon)

Sign Chris Kaman to the MLE.

Sign Ronnie Price to the Minimum.

Trade Darius Morris for a future 2nd or waive him

PG: Goran Dragic | Ronnie Price | Andrew G'Lock
SG: Kobe Bryant | Kevin Martin | Terrance Ross
SF: Trevor Ariza | David Ebanks | Raja Bell
PF: Pau Gasol | | Jordan Hill | Josh McRoberts
CE: Chris Kaman | Samuel Dalembert | Drew Gordon

That depth

BallsOut
05-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Buss is high on Bynum. The only guy they'll trade Bynum for is Howard. Gasol is more likely to be traded.

And on topic, OP is posting shit without source. Why the hell would the Lakers want Luol Deng and his awful contract when they already have MWP?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 01:20 AM

u 4 real n!gga??? sob

AngelEyes
05-29-2012, 01:21 AM
Buss is high on Bynum. The only guy they'll trade Bynum for is Howard. Gasol is more likely to be traded.

And on topic, OP is posting shit without source. Why the hell would the Lakers want Luol Deng and his awful contract when they already have MWP?

His contract is not as awful as it once looked, he's now able to stretch the defense by hitting the three consistently (corner three especially) and he's improved on already good defense, now becoming a genuine all NBA defensive performer.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 01:24 AM
His contract is not as awful as it once looked, he's now able to stretch the defense by hitting the three consistently (corner three especially) and he's improved on already good defense, now becoming a genuine all NBA defensive performer.

why would the lakers only trade for Deng??? when they have almost similar player in MWP???

jesus.... he is av 15/16pts being the 2nd option behind rose & on the lakers he at best would be 3/4/5 option behind KB/AB...no need to pay him 14/15mil/yr

Lakers dont need another SF who doesnt do anything other then defend....

With Lakers luxury tax situation they would be paying in total 30mil for deng...which i dont think he is worth

AngelEyes
05-29-2012, 01:29 AM
why would the lakers only trade for Deng??? when they have almost similar player in MWP???

jesus.... he is av 15/16pts being the 2nd option behind rose & on the lakers he at best would be 3/4/5 option behind KB/AB...no need to pay him 14/15mil/yr

Lakers dont need another SF who doesnt do anything other then defend....

With Lakers luxury tax situation they would be paying in total 30mil for deng...which i dont think he is worth

I'm not saying it would be a good trade for the Lakers but he's definitely better and more valuable than you're giving him credit for. At this stage he's a far better offensive player than MWP and as good, if not better defensively. Probably not a wise move for either team, considering Gasol's age and penchant for performing under his abilities.

poido123
05-29-2012, 01:41 AM
lol keep deng

Gasol is proven 2n option on a championship team...B2B

SF's like deng are dime a dozen...honestly i would prefer MWP over Deng...when is getting paid half

Your such a pathetic troll. You will be the first one I laugh at if the trade goes through, you will have the biggest cry about it :cry:

Deng brings strong defense and a decent 3rd sometimes second option on offense, and is in his prime. (plays second option for the bulls, but i think hes a 3rd option)

Gasol brings average defense, a good second option on offense, but has age against him.

All in all, this isnt a bad swap for either team, Lakers may not get a better deal than that. After all, they gave a bag of chips at the time for Gasol and got him :lol

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 02:03 AM
Your such a pathetic troll. You will be the first one I laugh at if the trade goes through, you will have the biggest cry about it :cry:

Deng brings strong defense and a decent 3rd sometimes second option on offense, and is in his prime. (plays second option for the bulls, but i think hes a 3rd option)

Gasol brings average defense, a good second option on offense, but has age against him.

All in all, this isnt a bad swap for either team, Lakers may not get a better deal than that. After all, they gave a bag of chips at the time for Gasol and got him :lol

I am exactly saying the same thing u r saying...he is a 3rd option & atleast will be 3rd option on the lakers

With the NEW CBA I would hate to pay 14-15mil for a 3rd option

I would prefer to split that money into couple of good role players and create a good bench which the lakers seriously lack

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 02:07 AM
I'm not saying it would be a good trade for the Lakers but he's definitely better and more valuable than you're giving him credit for. At this stage he's a far better offensive player than MWP and as good, if not better defensively. Probably not a wise move for either team, considering Gasol's age and penchant for performing under his abilities.

Maybe u r right but it's not the right trade for lakers

They need a really good pg or couple of good role players to create that bench

They had the dead last bench in the league this year

poido123
05-29-2012, 02:20 AM
I am exactly saying the same thing u r saying...he is a 3rd option & atleast will be 3rd option on the lakers

With the NEW CBA I would hate to pay 14-15mil for a 3rd option

I would prefer to split that money into couple of good role players and create a good bench which the lakers seriously lack

What you should of said is, Lakers getting deng wouldnt benifit them at all. and trading gasol away for him, really isnt a forward move?

Instead of, Deng is this and that, not worth gasol blah blah blah, when clearly anyone who knows basketball would say that this trade is close enough to fair.

Swaggin916
05-29-2012, 02:37 AM

Joakim
Z-Bo/Taj
Deng
Mayo
Rose/Watson

@ stallionaire

God damn you have the stupidest trade Idea I have ever heard... Boozer and Rip? 2 practically useless players for a top 3 PF? And then thinking Gasol for Deng is bad trade for you? that's a terrible trade for the Lakers there would be no point in doing that and it won't happen.

Really not trying to hate on you but you need to get a clue on this one.

Cali Syndicate
05-29-2012, 02:53 AM

Pau (with Bynum) = relegated as a high post player = jumpers and facilitating

Pau (Bulls) = back to the block and gives the Bulls a low post presence.

Also Pau, unlike Boozer, can play center.

ballinhun8
05-29-2012, 03:39 AM
I'd definitely take this trade as a Bulls fan.

Deng showed he was not capable of leading this team. He is not a true no. 2 option where as Paul is. And it is much easier to find a swingman that can play D then a big that actually plays inside. Of course we would have to move Booz but I'm ok with that. Either start brewer or pick up another swingman.

B-Easy8
05-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Never trade big for small unless it's a big upgrade.

Go Getter
05-29-2012, 10:15 AM
Yea but you also have to realize that 4s and 5s are much, much more valuable in the East as compared to the West as they are Miami's and partly New York's biggest weaknesses.

With Pau+Rose the bulls would be able to not only have a much better offensive system to compliment their defense, but they would also become a much better offensive rebounding team.. which is Miami's biggest weak spot.

Yeah it doesn't exactly work like that. Teams aren't like machines, they work differently, more organic.

Losing Deng will change the team's personality. Deng isn't just some garden variety SF, he is a great defender and teammate. He's tough. And he fits our system.

Gasol is just like Deng in that he is inconsistent offensively. He isn't aggressive. That's what we need, an aggressive scorer right now.

Plus you are wrong. Losing Deng and Boozer and gaining Gasol does NOT make us a better rebounding team at all. And having weak SFs does not bode well for the likes of Miami, Indiana, Boston, and New York.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-29-2012, 10:29 AM
I suggested this trade because if I were the Bulls, I would insist that they take away Boozer if they want Deng. Why would I want 2 starting PF with such huge contracts? Also, like you said, taking away Deng would leave a deep hole in the SF position and Artest might help mitigate that a little bit since he's playing decently again.
This makes a lot of sense is about the only way I would do it....if I were the Lakers.
Personally, I think Deng is over rated. He is NOT a difference-maker and never has been. As for Gasol, I don't know if he can be a difference maker anymore.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-29-2012, 10:34 AM
Here is the 3-way trade:
Orlando makes out very well, imo.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7zdqr4n

ZeN
05-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Here is the 3-way trade:

so the lakers get two SF who make 10+ mil a year. Hedo would have to spend most of his time on the bench. Then they would also be left without a capable power forward... In this scenario would Hedo be playing PF? hmmm... the trade seems to lack the desired balance..

Bigsmoke
05-29-2012, 11:35 AM
will be 32 in his 12 season... i dont know man. :coleman:

I dont want to see Deng go for a soft bitch

Its its Pau for Boozer and a bench player then :rockon:

Crown&Coke
05-29-2012, 12:04 PM
they aint moving Lu, that just aint gonna happen. Lakers asked for Lu earlier this season, and Chi laughed until the Lakers just hung up without giving an answer

Pau can't dictate where he goes, sorry bro, but your going where they deal you.

And the Lakers have no interest in Boozer, none. They would rather eat the last 2 years of Pau's deal than take on Boozer.

Watson would look good in Lakers gold though

NBA2k-Monster23
05-29-2012, 12:40 PM
I really like Luol Deng and I think he would be a great player on the Lakers. I don't think he is overrated or anything like that. He is one of the top defenders in the league and he would give KD and others hell. The only reason this wont be a good trade is because the Lakers would have a huge hold a PF. Don't get me wrong I like Jordan Hill but I don't think he is a starter right now. If we bring in a 3 team maybe the bulls and lakers could get a couple of other pieces to add to the mix.

NBA2k-Monster23
05-29-2012, 12:41 PM
they aint moving Lu, that just aint gonna happen. Lakers asked for Lu earlier this season, and Chi laughed until the Lakers just hung up without giving an answer

Pau can't dictate where he goes, sorry bro, but your going where they deal you.

And the Lakers have no interest in Boozer, none. They would rather eat the last 2 years of Pau's deal than take on Boozer.

Watson would look good in Lakers gold though

Never say never. Who knows what could happen.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-29-2012, 12:55 PM
so the lakers get two SF who make 10+ mil a year. Hedo would have to spend most of his time on the bench. Then they would also be left without a capable power forward... In this scenario would Hedo be playing PF? hmmm... the trade seems to lack the desired balance..
No Hedo, No Howard. I am assuming that will be the required Orlando deal. Do I want Hedo? NO. Nobody does.
Yes, he has an ugly, expensive contract. He will be the much needed scorer off the bench and should do very well against opponents' 2nd teams.

Crown&Coke
05-29-2012, 01:01 PM
No Hedo, No Howard. I am assuming that will be the required Orlando deal. Do I want Hedo? NO. Nobody does.
Yes, he has an ugly, expensive contract. He will be the much needed scorer off the bench and should do very well against opponents' 2nd teams.

if dude partied it up so hard in Toronto, they dealt him because of it, imagine how hard he parties in LA :bowdown:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 01:23 PM

lol that was in ancient time...not now after all that has happened in Orlando and how Bynum has performed in the playoffs

Bynum + Future 1st for Howard...thats the only deal I would make if Howard gives verbal commitment to sign with the lakers

If howard is not interested in coming to the Lakers...show both Howard/Magic both middle finger and keep Bynum

BlackVVaves
05-29-2012, 02:23 PM
Lakers need for a point guard and depth outweighs their need for Deng. Only way to address those needs in a hurry is through Gasol. Using him to bring in a third option and horrid Boozer would be irresponsible.

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Lakers need for a point guard and depth outweighs their need for Deng. Only way to address those needs in a hurry is through Gasol. Using him to bring in a third option and horrid Boozer would be irresponsible.
jmho, but Boozer would be solid next to Dwight Howard. Boozer likes that 15-foot jumper...and he would not longer be responsible for significant boards.

PP34Deuce
05-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Thats actually a good trade for both teams...

The Bulls have openly expressed they want a swingman SG who's athletic that can create his own shot.

THe bulls already have a sharp shooter SG-SF in Korver
and an athletic same age great defensive player iN Brewer who's cheaper

The defense chicago has is predicated on Noah being able to defend the pick n roll and get right back in position to rebound. Theres not a big difference defensively in Brewer and Deng. Deng is a better scorer but Brewer to me is a better rebounder,passer, and glue guy.

Gasol/Noah lineup is long, High IQ and great passing.

Deng is very much needed for LA. Only 27 years old. he can defend the best SG-SF on the team, hit the open 3, and not step on Kobes toes.

If anything id do Deng and Watson for Gasol and Sessions.

Watson is athletic, tougher and slightly better shooter than Sessions.

Nero Tulip
05-29-2012, 02:32 PM
If that happens, Bryant's Lakers are done for ever. And the Bulls win a title within a couple years.

Boozer is about as insanely overrated as Gasol is underrated.

Batz
05-29-2012, 02:33 PM
Risky for Bulls. Stupid for Lakers.

G-Funk
05-29-2012, 02:37 PM
Lol at Bulls fans thinking they can get away with robbery. Deng for Gasol is a joke. Ill rather get the Minny & Rockets deal over the Bulls without thinking.

William, Beasly + 1st pick>>>Deng
Scola, Lowry + 1st pick>>>>Deng

get real ppl lol

SpecialQue
05-29-2012, 02:39 PM
if dude partied it up so hard in Toronto, they dealt him because of it, imagine how hard he parties in LA :bowdown:

I'd imagine that he'd have a BALL.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 03:21 PM
Here is the 3-way trade:

Stop fcuking posting stupid trade ideas...

Lakers are not going to take Hedo

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Stop fcuking posting stupid trade ideas...

Lakers are not going to take Hedo
WTF do you know?
So far, Orlando has been insisting that Hedo be a part of the package.
Maybe things have changed. Maybe not. But I DO know this...you don't know a damn thing.
Further, Lakers could always use their amnesty on Hedo (which Orlando cannot do).
you can now STFU.

NoGunzJustSkillz
05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
WTF do you know?
Maybe things have changed. Maybe not. But I DO know this...you don't know a damn thing.
Further, Lakers could always use their amnesty on Hedo (which Orlando cannot do).
you can now STFU.
bet if the nets land a high pick, lakers will have to take on hedo if they want howard.

sagr32
05-29-2012, 03:32 PM
WTF do you know?
you can now STFU.I am almost certain this is false. I remember reading that the amnesty can only be used on players that were on the roster when it was given.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 03:54 PM
WTF do you know?
you can now STFU.

STFU...you fcuking dont know anything....Lakers cant Amnesty players that were not on their payroll at the start of the season.

Gone are the days when Orlando said & wanted this and that....Howard has fired his coach & GM...and still he wants out of Orlando

give me 1 logical reason as to why the lakers need to pay 2 SF's around 22/this year & 23/next year??? so thats around 45millions including the Luxury tax

fcuking use some brain before posting sh1t like that

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 03:57 PM
bet if the nets land a high pick, lakers will have to take on hedo if they want howard.

no because we dont even know if howard wants to come here....or not

Bottom Line:I wont tradae Bynum if he doesnt want to come here and play for the lakers...

Tenchi Ryu
05-29-2012, 04:32 PM
Fake or Bullshit?
http://tracking.si.com/2012/05/29/pau-gasol-trade-lakers-bulls/

UtahJazzFan88
05-29-2012, 04:34 PM
Why would the Magic take on Boozer's contract?

Crown&Coke
05-29-2012, 04:53 PM
Orlando has no GM, they gotta fill that void first

sagr32
05-29-2012, 05:00 PM
Fake or Bullshit?
http://tracking.si.com/2012/05/29/pau-gasol-trade-lakers-bulls/As a bulls fan you should know that Sam Smith constantly pulls trades out of his ass.

DirtySanchez
05-29-2012, 05:02 PM
Put Gasol at the five and Noah at the four. Not bad at all.

Upgrayedd
05-29-2012, 05:19 PM
1. I hope that the mods censor ALL crass remarks and not just ones directed at certain groups.
2. Gasol for Deng is stupid. We need Deng's defense.
3. I doubt this happens, sounds like hogwash.

You're an idiot. :facepalm

You'd probably not even give up Deng for Howard if it was possible.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 05:32 PM
Put Gasol at the five and Noah at the four. Not bad at all.

so you want to trade Bynum for deng/noah??? lol :roll:

Upgrayedd
05-29-2012, 05:55 PM
so you want to trade Bynum for deng/noah??? lol :roll:

I'd do it.

Bynum
Boozer/Taj Gibson
Brewer
Rip
Rose

YAWN
05-29-2012, 07:07 PM
deron williams or Lowry+Scola are the only acceptable deals for Gasol IMO..

keep bynum and make him the true second option on offense.

sagr32
05-29-2012, 07:51 PM
deron williams or Lowry+Scola are the only acceptable deals for Gasol IMO..

keep bynum and make him the true second option on offense.Lowry+Scola is ideal for the lakers but I don't know if the rockets do it. Might have to get a 3rd team involved.

Rekindled
05-29-2012, 08:49 PM
rose/noah/boozer for bynum/gasol

do it

noah
boozer
mwp
kobe
rose

bleedinpurpleTwo
05-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Lowry+Scola is ideal for the lakers but I don't know if the rockets do it. Might have to get a 3rd team involved.
just FYI, Scola is even older than Gasol.

sagr32
05-29-2012, 10:13 PM
just FYI, Scola is even older than Gasol.I know he is 33-34 isn't he? That trade is more for Lowry than Scola

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
05-29-2012, 10:15 PM
I know he is 33-34 isn't he? That trade is more for Lowry than Scola

lol ....then its a no trade...there is not much difference between Lowry and Sessions...

if freaking Mike Brown lets Sessions use his speed