PDA

View Full Version : Official 2012 NBA Draft Lottery Thread

Lebron23
05-29-2012, 12:20 AM
2012 NBA Draft Lottery odds and info here:

http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml

ESPN.com reports: The suspense at the NBA draft will take place Wednesday night when the lottery order is unveiled, not on June 28 when NBA commissioner David Stern announces the No. 1 pick. That's because whichever team hits it big in New York will win the right to draft 19-year-old Kentucky phenom Anthony Davis, the consensus No. 1 pick in the NBA draft. "No one knows who is the No. 1 pick," said a humble Davis, who insisted that he could go anywhere from one to 60. "I don't know if I'm going to be the No. 1 pick. It's just a rumor. But I'm a step closer to reaching my dream of playing in the NBA."

Fudge
05-29-2012, 12:25 AM
The team with a really low chance of getting it is gonna get it. Like Detroit or Brooklyn.

DStebb716
05-29-2012, 12:30 AM
My prediction for the results on Wednesday night:
1. Charlotte Bobcats
2. Cleveland Cavaliers
3. Sacramento Kings
4. Washington Wizards
5. New Orleans Hornets
6. Portland Trailblazers
7. Golden State Warriors
8. Toronto Raptors
9. Detroit Pistons
10. New Orleans Hornets
11. Portland Trailblazers
12. Milwaukee Bucks
13. Phoenix Suns
14. Houston Rockets

... Either that or the Raptors win the lottery.

Cowboy Thunder
05-29-2012, 01:08 AM
The team with a really low chance of getting it is gonna get it. Like Detroit or Brooklyn.

Unlikely scenario. :lol

SpecialQue
05-29-2012, 01:11 AM
Hornets will get the #1 pick.

http://static.flickr.com/115/303373108_41dd5d2e9b.jpg

DuMa
05-29-2012, 01:11 AM
one of my only 2 days out of this summer where i can take off my bobcat paper bag off my head

Meticode
05-29-2012, 01:14 AM
Where's the best place to get accurate scouting reports? I mentioned nbadraft.net a few weeks ago and people just lashed out at me. :(

The Macho Man
05-29-2012, 01:16 AM
Cmon #2 pick

Myth
05-29-2012, 01:19 AM
I will poop my pants in the Blazers get a top 3 pick. But most of all I am just hoping to keep the Nets pick.

anthonyRandolph
05-29-2012, 01:22 AM
Hornets will get the #1 pick.

http://static.flickr.com/115/303373108_41dd5d2e9b.jpg
I like you

NuggetsFan
05-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Where's the best place to get accurate scouting reports? I mentioned nbadraft.net a few weeks ago and people just lashed out at me. :(

I like draftexpress.

maybeshewill13
05-29-2012, 01:23 AM
Portland will get a top 3, book it!:rockon:

Stern
05-29-2012, 01:31 AM
I hope raptors get the first pick.

ballinhun8
05-29-2012, 03:48 AM
If Portland gets the top pick then I feel bad for Davis' knees.

Sorry blazer fans, dont mean anything bad cuz you guys are awesome fans but just have terrible luck.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 03:53 AM
Another vote for the Raptors to get top pick. Lord knows they need it. Only star players they ever hard were Air Canada and Tmac and both bailed like bitches.

k-vil
05-29-2012, 03:55 AM
Another vote for the Raptors to get top pick. Lord knows they need it. Only star players they ever hard were Air Canada and Tmac and both bailed like bitches.
Chris Bosh wasnt a star player?

k-vil
05-29-2012, 03:57 AM
Hoping the Nets get the 3rd pick.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 04:01 AM
Chris Bosh wasnt a star player?

Forgot about Bosh :facepalm . Makes it even worse though. 3 stars which bailed the minute they got a chance. Want them to get a franchise player who sticks around. From what I hear Toronto is an amazing place to live and they have some of the best crowds/fans in the NBA.

mika
05-29-2012, 04:06 AM
come on raptors:rockon: :banana: :cheers:

blablabla
05-29-2012, 04:22 AM
val and davis frontcourt:bowdown:

Xiao Yao You
05-29-2012, 04:40 AM
Forgot about Bosh :facepalm . Makes it even worse though. 3 stars which bailed the minute they got a chance. Want them to get a franchise player who sticks around. From what I hear Toronto is an amazing place to live and they have some of the best crowds/fans in the NBA.

McGrady wasn't a star til he left.

Clippersfan86
05-29-2012, 05:34 AM
McGrady wasn't a star til he left.

I'm aware of the idea that Tracy wanted his own team, out of Vince's shadow. Doesn't change the fact that he was a franchise player they lost... which totals 3.

ODEN>DURANT
05-29-2012, 06:06 AM
Praying New Jersey don't get a top 3 pick. Dream scenario: Blazers win lottery and Nets get #4. #1 and 4 to Portland!

k-vil
05-29-2012, 07:04 AM
Praying New Jersey don't get a top 3 pick. Dream scenario: Blazers win lottery and Nets get #4. #1 and 4 to Portland!
I don't know but Blazers have a draft curse. Would be it be again a wasted pick like Oden and Roy but at least Roy had been great during his short stint in the league.
Well your name says it all.

JtotheIzzo
05-29-2012, 07:10 AM
I don't know but Blazers have a draft curse. Would be it be again a wasted pick like Oden and Roy but at least Roy had been great during his short stint in the league.

Blazers were actually lucky to get Roy, teams ahead wiffed on their pics and should have taken him (Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Shelden Williams). Oden seemed like the right pic to many at the time, but no denying Durant now (duh).

GOBB
05-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Sixers...oh wait they did too good this season. :facepalm

k-vil
05-29-2012, 08:46 AM
Blazers were actually lucky to get Roy, teams ahead wiffed on their pics and should have taken him (Adam Morrison, Tyrus Thomas, Shelden Williams). Oden seemed like the right pic to many at the time, but no denying Durant now (duh).
They were lucky to have drafted Roy but the players they drafted were not lucky to stay healthy:D

Seriously if the Nets dont land in top 3 and landed 4th and blazers lets say get the first pick they can get a real talent!

midatlantic09
05-29-2012, 08:55 AM
Whoever gets the #1 pick should probably trade it in exchange for an already established or semi-established superstar player (preferably one under the age of 26). In my opinion, literally no one in this years draft is truly worthy of using a #1 pick on.

Salazaar
05-29-2012, 09:04 AM
If Portland gets the top pick then I feel bad for Davis' knees.

Sorry blazer fans, dont mean anything bad cuz you guys are awesome fans but just have terrible luck.

Portland won't get a top 3 pick because it's top 3 protected to the nets:coleman:

chips93
05-29-2012, 09:05 AM
I like draftexpress.

nba teams pay for their services, so you know that they are legit

sipitri
05-29-2012, 09:15 AM
Portland won't get a top 3 pick because it's top 3 protected to the nets:coleman:

Portland also has his own pick

sipitri
05-29-2012, 09:19 AM
I don't think the nets can get the 4th pick.
They're 6th right now, they can get a top 3 pick via lottery or the 6th,7th,8th or 9th pick depending on how many teams leapfrog them via lottery.

OmniStrife
05-29-2012, 09:32 AM
Phoenix ALWAYS gets the vote they're supposed to get...

I hope for a jump this year.

bagelred
05-29-2012, 09:33 AM
The Charlotte Bobcats only have a 25% chance of getting the #1 pick. So, if they don't get the first pick, that doesn't mean the lottery is fixed.

Actually, percentage wise, Bobcats highest probability is 4th place, at 35.7%.

B-Easy8
05-29-2012, 10:07 AM
I hope Kings get it.

Anthony Davis and Demarcus frontline would be :lebronamazed:.

I wouldn't mind Bobcats or Hornets getting it either.

RaininTwos
05-29-2012, 10:09 AM

We dont need the top pick at all.

All we need is an SF and we are going places.

cavsfanatic
05-29-2012, 10:31 AM
Oh y'all still think The Draft Lottery is a actual lottery? um ok

Bobcats will get #1 because Stern will throw Jordan a bone
Hornets will get #2 because of new owner

The rest will be based on lottery

DStebb716
05-29-2012, 10:35 AM
I think the boards (including myself) vastly underrate Davis just because he's ugly as f*ck

Salazaar
05-29-2012, 11:47 AM
Portland also has his own pick

Very little chance it turns into a top 3 pick

It's A VC3!!!
05-29-2012, 12:07 PM
This draft has a chance to salvage Billy King.

I'm still in awe on how he felt giving up a top 5 pick for a 29 year old was a good idea.:confusedshrug:

Considering he could have signed Gerald Wallace in two months and still retained our pick.:hammerhead:

I hope David Stern can continue his streak of rigging NBA drafts and bail Billy King and the entire Nets organization out tomorrow.

On a side note. If the Hornets or Nets recieve the first pick, we need to go on a rampage because that's all the evidence we need to determine that the draft lottery is rigged.:roll: :oldlol:

( Although I want the Nets to get it and could care less how it's done)

iDunk
05-29-2012, 12:10 PM

I'm still in awe on how he felt giving up a top 5 pick for a 29 year old was a good idea.:confusedshrug:

Considering he could have signed Gerald Wallace in two months and still retained our pick.:hammerhead:

I hope David Stern can continue his streak of rigging NBA drafts and bail Billy King and the entire Nets organization out tomorrow.

On a side note. If the Hornets or Nets recieve the first pick, we need to go on a rampage because that's all the evidence we need to determine that the draft lottery is rigged.:roll: :oldlol:

I just thought of that, wow what a horrible move. Makes no sense whatsoever.

Its like he made a trade just to make a trade.

Fudge
05-29-2012, 12:19 PM
I hope Kings get it.

Anthony Davis and Demarcus frontline would be :lebronamazed:.

I wouldn't mind Bobcats or Hornets getting it either.
:oldlol:

You kidding? That'd be a terrible situation for AD.

Zackmorris
05-29-2012, 12:34 PM

Either Billy King was seriously bored or he went into panic mode for him to do that trade.

I do think the Nets will get a top 3 pick though

B-Easy8
05-29-2012, 12:36 PM
:oldlol:

You kidding? That'd be a terrible situation for AD.

Why is that?

Kings have a bunch of talent they just need some vets to keep the young guys in check. Davis and Cousins would be a great offense/defense combo for the next 10 years.

Fudge
05-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Why is that?

Kings have a bunch of talent they just need some vets to keep the young guys in check. Davis and Cousins would be a great offense/defense combo for the next 10 years.
I'm high on Davis, and have been even before Kentucky. One thing's for sure, I don't want him NO WHERE near Cousins regardless of all that talent on that team. Too much of a knucklehead to get the best out of AD if they do play alongside eachother.

blablabla
05-29-2012, 01:05 PM
Pistons too
Davis,Knight and Greg Monroe:bowdown:

IGOTGAME
05-29-2012, 01:10 PM
I hope the Raptors or Cavs get it...An Anthony Davis, Jonas frontline would be something nice...Kyrie and Davis looks nice too

GOBB
05-29-2012, 02:19 PM
Why dont the conspiracy nutjobs tell me who Stern will rig the draft for? Idiots.

I hope the Raptors or Cavs get it...An Anthony Davis, Jonas frontline would be something nice...Kyrie and Davis looks nice too

Wall passing to Nene/Davis is nice as well.

Qwyjibo
05-29-2012, 05:01 PM
I hope Bargnani is the Raptors rep at the lottery. I'd like to see the look on his face if the Raptors win the #1 pick to draft his immediate replacement.

dab0yech0
05-29-2012, 05:02 PM
David Stern will rig it, Hornets pick till be #1 and then the Twolves pick will be top 7 book it

cavsfanatic
05-29-2012, 08:00 PM
[QUOTE=GOBB]Why dont the conspiracy nutjobs tell me who Stern will rig the draft for? Idiots.
QUOTE]
Bobcats foo. How you think The Cavs won it last year?

RedBlackAttack
05-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Whoever gets the #1 pick should probably trade it in exchange for an already established or semi-established superstar player (preferably one under the age of 26). In my opinion, literally no one in this years draft is truly worthy of using a #1 pick on.
I'm not getting the lack of love for Anthony Davis (and this draft) by some people on this board (not just you). Davis will step into the league with elite shotblocking ability and that is an absolutely massive asset for any NBA team, especially in today's league with its lack of good big men. On top of that, he also does pretty much everything else well for a big man. He has great athleticism, shows some potential with his touch, is very good around the basket on both ends of the court, and he even shows a nice handle for a big guy.

DraftExpress has said that he may be the best big-man prospect that they've seen in their 10 years scouting the draft. Watching him play, it is easy to see why.

Yet, some don't think his game will translate? :confusedshrug:

I will be forever indebted to the draft gods if they gift us AD the year after landing us Kyrie. :bowdown:

Xiao Yao You
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
The Warriors and Jazz were working on a trade involving the conveyance of a first round pick in the 2012 NBA Draft.

Golden State gets to keep their pick if it is in the top-seven, but it will be dealt to the Jazz if it is No. 8 or lower.

Sources say trade talks between the two sides are all but dead.

The Warriors have a 72.66% chance of keeping the pick based on odds released by the NBA.

el gringos
05-30-2012, 02:07 AM
Its the kings- for every reason there is

They saved a franchise w a new arena

The roster fits them perfect

Davis makes a non playoff team into a playoff team

West needs it right now

You dont want davis going to a team that needs him to be a #1 or 2 scorer, and putting him with Tyreke and Cousins and you have a new "next" team. Put him on the bobcats and hes under preforming until he gets traded. Bobcats need 3 more years in the top 5 before a # 1 pick will change the course of that franchise

k-vil
05-30-2012, 02:20 AM

I hope the Nets retains the pick

insidehoops
05-30-2012, 09:49 AM
NBA Draft Lottery info: http://www.insidehoops.com/nba_draft_lottery.shtml

And here's the San Francisco Chronicle: "I don't think anyone within our organization believes in the NBA draft lottery conspiracy theories," Warriors general manager Bob Myers said, "but if we lose our pick, we might change our minds." Myers was joking, trying to lighten the stress of Wednesday's all-or-nothing lottery in which the Warriors lose their pick to Utah if it's not among the top seven. But many are being downright serious when they claim the league office has been fixing the lottery since its 1985 inception.

PK3434
05-30-2012, 10:17 AM
I think the boards (including myself) vastly underrate Davis just because he's ugly as f*ck

no its not that...this message board is so NBA driven that the college game and its best players get very little respect. It seems like if the general perception is something like "Davis is going to be one of the best players in the nba someday" on this message board people will be quick to think "no, he is overrated..if he was so great he would've averaged 30 and 20 in college against scrubs"....but the college game is shorter with a longer shot clock, meaning much less possessions and opportunities to put up such stats..and great athletes have less space to operate in the ncaa than they will in the nba..plus someone like Davis, is so young and just in the early stages of his real development as a player that its hard to imagine him being better than someone like Amare to the average NBA fan, when in reality he will end up being so much better.

Every year, on this message board and others, a lot of posters either think its a "weak draft" or an overrated draft class and almost every year there are several standout rookies in the nba.

Anthony Davis is a no-brainer at #1 and there is no reason to believe that he won't be on an all-nba team sooner than later.

GOBB
05-30-2012, 10:23 AM
San Francisco Chronicle:

"I don't think anyone within our organization believes in the NBA draft lottery conspiracy theories," Warriors general manager Bob Myers said, "but if we lose our pick, we might change our minds."

Myers was joking, trying to lighten the stress of Wednesday's all-or-nothing lottery in which the Warriors lose their pick to Utah if it's not among the top seven. But many are being downright serious when they claim the league office has been fixing the lottery since its 1985 inception.

Even GMs are laughing at conspiracy wack jobs :roll:

Clippersfan86
05-30-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm actually looking forward to it. I think Thomas Robinson is going to be the best player so whoever gets pick number 2 is really the winner IMO. I've been watching footage/videos of the guy and I'm really impressed. Also don't sleep on Drummond... I guess he dropped 22 pounds from season end until now.

Clippersfan86
05-30-2012, 01:16 PM
Sportingnews: "Thomas Robinson a franchise player too"

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-05-30/nba-draft-lottery-thomas-robinson-a-franchise-player-too

They are saying he will likely have more impact on a team out of the gate than Davis.

GOBB
05-30-2012, 01:47 PM
Stupid question but does anyone know how the rest of the draft is decided? By regular season final standings or how far a team has advanced in the playoffs (similar to NFL draft)? I'm trying to figure out the Sixers pick. I'm thinking it would be 15 dispite the fact they went deep into the playoffs.

Clippersfan86
05-30-2012, 01:50 PM
Stupid question but does anyone know how the rest of the draft is decided? By regular season final standings or how far a team has advanced in the playoffs (similar to NFL draft)? I'm trying to figure out the Sixers pick. I'm thinking it would be 15 dispite the fact they went deep into the playoffs.

Regular season records decide non lotto. If Sixers were 15th worst team it doesn't matter if they win the title... they get the 15th pick in the draft. Damn Sixers are in a damn good position and get best of both worlds. Game 7 of semis AND get a chance to draft a great player. I'm bummed Clippers won't have a pick... but I understand CP3>pick.

Kujo
05-30-2012, 02:01 PM
I think either the Hornets or Bobcats will win the lottery. Luck doesn't seem on Charlotte's side (2004 is the last time the team with the worse record won the lottery), so they'll probably end up with the 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick.

I don't see my Raps getting it, but I'll cross my fingers. I think we'll end up getting the projected pick (6-8 range).

OmniStrife
05-30-2012, 02:08 PM
If we don't get a higher pick, I hope Rivers will be available at 13.
We need an energetic SG who can score, or a young PG.

GOBB
05-30-2012, 02:10 PM
Regular season records decide non lotto. If Sixers were 15th worst team it doesn't matter if they win the title... they get the 15th pick in the draft. Damn Sixers are in a damn good position and get best of both worlds. Game 7 of semis AND get a chance to draft a great player. I'm bummed Clippers won't have a pick... but I understand CP3>pick.

I figured that but wasnt sure. Damn Sixers made out. :oldlol:

Clippersfan86
05-30-2012, 02:12 PM
I figured that but wasnt sure. Damn Sixers made out. :oldlol:

What you guys got is very rare. I don't know if I've ever seen a team place 15th and make the playoffs+a deep run :oldlol: .