PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

ace23
05-30-2012, 10:22 AM
They added ASW

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/553571-nba-2k13-features-sprite-slam-dunk-contest-3-point-contest-rising-stars-challenge.html

Rake2204
05-30-2012, 11:58 AM
This could be a solid addition if it's incorporated into the game itself (Association, Season, etc.). If it's a stand alone DLC feature, enjoyment could be limited and short lived.

LOGoods7
05-30-2012, 12:21 PM
Sounds kinda cool but still will not buy this game unless the gameplay is fixed..

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-30-2012, 02:18 PM
Cool we get to pay for features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.

CelticBaller
05-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Awesome if they add it to MY Player

Rake2204
05-30-2012, 06:46 PM
Cool we get to pay for features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.
I've never pre-ordered. Does it really require an additional fee? I thought it was just five dollars down toward the total price?

Then again, I suppose you'd be right if you're talking about the folks who don't pre-order but still want the All-Star Weekend DLC. In that case, I can see a charge coming alongside. I'm at least hoping it works on a first-come, first-serve basis, so I can choose not to pre-order and still receive an ASW code if I pick it up the first day.

Also, if I had to guess, I'm betting the original, outdoor street Slam Dunk contest was removed from 2K so it could be re-tooled and turned into something NBA legitimate. I suppose we'll have to wait for more information in order to discover what they changed and how they changed it, but creating an indoor, official All-Star Weekend setup is a big step up from the streetball thing.

Fiasco
05-30-2012, 06:51 PM

/thread

Call me when they decide to make a good basketball game.

Mr. I'm So Rad
05-30-2012, 07:20 PM
I've never pre-ordered. Does it really require an additional fee? I thought it was just five dollars down toward the total price?

Then again, I suppose you'd be right if you're talking about the folks who don't pre-order but still want the All-Star Weekend DLC. In that case, I can see a charge coming alongside. I'm at least hoping it works on a first-come, first-serve basis, so I can choose not to pre-order and still receive an ASW code if I pick it up the first day.

Also, if I had to guess, I'm betting the original, outdoor street Slam Dunk contest was removed from 2K so it could be re-tooled and turned into something NBA legitimate. I suppose we'll have to wait for more information in order to discover what they changed and how they changed it, but creating an indoor, official All-Star Weekend setup is a big step up from the streetball thing.

To answer your question, it's $5 towards the price. Those who don't preorder will have to pay more for the DLC later after 2K decides to release it which makes me think that it won't be online compatible.

But the price or the fact that you have to preorder isn't the issue. It's a matter of principle. We aren't talking something extra and brand new that's being introduced like a weapons pack DLC or an extra mission or something. All-Star Weekend is an annual, official NBA event. It's like paying for the inclusion of the draft in 2K.

They could have just fixed the Blacktop stuff and called it All-Star weekend. But they're reselling us something that we've already had and that is supposed to already be in the game. Also, I have a feeling that it'll be a stand-alone mode like the Legends Showcase for 2K12. In addition, there's no talk of this being for Vita or PC (figures, they don't give 2 shits about PC gamers).

Rake2204
05-30-2012, 08:16 PM
To answer your question, it's $5 towards the price. Those who don't preorder will have to pay more for the DLC later after 2K decides to release it which makes me think that it won't be online compatible.

But the price or the fact that you have to preorder isn't the issue. It's a matter of principle. We aren't talking something extra and brand new that's being introduced like a weapons pack DLC or an extra mission or something. All-Star Weekend is an annual, official NBA event. It's like paying for the inclusion of the draft in 2K.

They could have just fixed the Blacktop stuff and called it All-Star weekend. But they're reselling us something that we've already had and that is supposed to already be in the game. Also, I have a feeling that it'll be a stand-alone mode like the Legends Showcase for 2K12. In addition, there's no talk of this being for Vita or PC (figures, they don't give 2 shits about PC gamers).
Oh for sure. I'm with you on most of that. I was mostly just touching on the initial pricing point.

Unfortunately, with the idea of the All-Star Weekend being an add-on, I too am having doubts it'll be compatible with Associations, Seasons, and My Player. If it is indeed a stand-alone mode, like the Legends DLC, it'll be quite the letdown. I'm betting the mode will be neat, but it'll be all by itself lost in space, as opposed to integrating with the existing game.

Somehow, for NBA2K12, I was sort of alright with a DLC and subsequent price of said DLC, as I convinced myself the DLC fee could have possibly allowed for 2K to afford to include as many legends as they did (I'm a huge legends guy). Again though, I'm not a fan of something integral to the NBA Season (All-Star Weekend) being a stand-alone mode (if that is indeed the case). Your idea of unlockable shoes seems like a perfect DLC choice.

Maniak
05-31-2012, 12:20 AM
That's dumb.

It'll probably suck.

They need to fix what they already have(everything) before they add anything new.

ballup
05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
This is my problem with NBA games. They try so hard with presentation to sell you on the game, but the gameplay always has multiple problems that you won't notice until you played the game long enough. They just don't focus enough on making the game with passion like some other companies do.

jbot
06-01-2012, 01:59 AM
i thought i seen where the release date is 10/2. that's almost a month ahead of when it usually comes out. not sure if that's a good thing or not.

LT Ice Cream
06-01-2012, 02:57 AM
They need to add downloadable skins or something. I was diggin that Justice League vs. Avengers game but you can only do that on PC :cry:

ace23
06-01-2012, 01:57 PM
Wow, gameplay vid to come this early.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/208324743789674496

Rake2204
06-01-2012, 04:58 PM
i thought i seen where the release date is 10/2. that's almost a month ahead of when it usually comes out. not sure if that's a good thing or not.
That is in fact the normal release date. NBA 2K12 was released on October 4th and 2K11 on October 5th. They're always released on Tuesday, so the release date will vary from year to year, unless there's a leap year at which point it'll vary by two.

Wow, gameplay vid to come this early.

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/208324743789674496
I can't entirely remember but I feel as though previous 2K's have also shown early gameplay footage. Essentially, it ends up looking 95% like the year's previous release with 5% of noticeable changes. I expect the prevailing response to the super early 2K13 footage to be, "Looks like 2K12."

Clippersfan86
06-01-2012, 10:21 PM
This guy's quote is why I'm going with Elite this year.

"Awesome....they are re-adding features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.

First major announcement about 2k13 is something that required 0% innovation. Just more reason to NOT pre-order this game."

I mean this online association is so flawed too. 2K12 might be the most overrated game of all time. I used to LOVE to play Live nonstop and earlier 2K games but now they are so dull.

Fiasco
06-01-2012, 11:34 PM
Don't buy either game. Elite still looks weak, and all 2K is doing is repackaging 2K11 and selling it to you again for $60.

Rake2204
06-02-2012, 09:04 AM
This guy's quote is why I'm going with Elite this year.

"Awesome....they are re-adding features from previous 2K games that were taken out for no apparent reason. I'm so stoked.

First major announcement about 2k13 is something that required 0% innovation. Just more reason to NOT pre-order this game."

I mean this online association is so flawed too. 2K12 might be the most overrated game of all time. I used to LOVE to play Live nonstop and earlier 2K games but now they are so dull.
To be fair, I don't remember 2K ever really unveiling anything of merit and note at the beginning of June, even in their up years. This time is usually reserved for showing a glimpse of the next year's game (which at this point still looks like the last year's game) while mentioning some new, relatively worthless implementation (Wii capability, cover athlete, Move controls).

The All-Star Weekend announcement was actually a little more substance than I was expecting at this point. I was planning on 2K announcing the game for the PlayStation Vita or something. And truly, I don't see this as re-introducing the same feature they removed before. The outdoors dunk contest and 3pt. shootout were quite lame in terms of setting and execution (street courts with running street MC and barrels and speakers to jump over). Moving these contests more toward the real life All-Star Weekend is a big step up in my opinion, if done right of course.

My only issue with the ASW report is the fact it'll be available to some users but not all users. This leads me to believe it will not be tied into Associations, My Player, or Seasons, which reduces its coolness by a magnitude of five.

Don't buy either game. Elite still looks weak, and all 2K is doing is repackaging 2K11 and selling it to you again for $60.
I've accepted imperfection in my basketball games for years. With that, I was still able to extract much enjoyment out of them. I can't really see not buying a new ball game so avoiding both seems out of the question. I loved NBA 2K11 and in fact, even with its pocks, I'm still playing NBA 2K12 (classic teams turn replay value into a bottomless pit).

My real hope for 2K13 is to see defensive ability and player movement shifted back in the direction of 2K11. It seems 2K12 stepped away from what they do best in order to try to meet user's demands of removing contact animations. What they created was a lot of cockroaching, slipping and sliding, and many user defenders accidentally ending up twirling around offensive ballhandlers. I have faith this issue was clear enough it'll be addressed.

And in terms of online connectivity, I am also hopeful the additional year to work on their new online code was enough to finally get most of their ducks in a row (http://www.hoopsgaming.com/showthread.php/12139-NBA-2K12-Works-Overtime-With-Online-Issues-My-Crew-Not-Gone-Forever).

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 11:00 PM
Releasing game footage at this time of year always looks more like the previous year's iteration than it does something new, so the 2K13 footage I saw definitely still looks like NBA2K12.5 at this point.

With that said, the dunk contest threw me for a major loop. Have you ever wondered what Guitar Hero would be like if instead of the buttons controlling musical notes, they controlled the process of a slam dunk? Nope, me either, and for good reason. However, apparently 2K thought that'd be the best way to put together a dunk contest for 2K13: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-A1wlCcJ4f4#t=1m48s

I do not support this.

But again, to go back to the actual gameplay, I would definitely take any footage with a grain of salt. The 2K guy surely blew a lot of smoke, but he's being truthful in saying they're right in the middle of the development cycle, so things are still very much in progress.

EnoughSaid
06-04-2012, 11:25 PM
What the hell? So now there is no challenge of timing your jump, getting enough space, or moving the analog sticks accordingly? Bullshit.

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
What the hell? So now there is no challenge of timing your jump, getting enough space, or moving the analog sticks accordingly? Bullshit.
Yeah, I cannot see how there could possibly be any true feel to "dunking" with a setup like this. What a travesty.

Maniak
06-04-2012, 11:45 PM
i dont mind the dunk contest because all the other versions of the dunk contest are terrible.

gameplay looked meh...i hope they do something with the crowd/announcer area and get rid of that annyoing glitch where players walk back to the bench extremely slowly.

Rake2204
06-05-2012, 12:14 AM
i dont mind the dunk contest because all the other versions of the dunk contest are terrible.

I thought NBA Live 2005's dunk contest was great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzGelnWNStk. And to me the difference is, in Live '05, players had some sort of control over what type of dunk they executed and how they executed it (one foot takeoff, different arm motions, etc.). 2K seems to be going the way of. . . well, I actually don't know what the hell they're doing with the dunk contest.

Maniak
06-05-2012, 12:56 AM
I thought NBA Live 2005's dunk contest was great: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzGelnWNStk. And to me the difference is, in Live '05, players had some sort of control over what type of dunk they executed and how they executed it (one foot takeoff, different arm motions, etc.). 2K seems to be going the way of. . . well, I actually don't know what the hell they're doing with the dunk contest.
One of my favorite sports games of all time and I hated that mode.

Fiasco
06-05-2012, 04:02 AM
Guitar Hero dunk contest, aka streamlined to the ****ing max. And the SAME gameplay issues are still in 2K13.

I'm done with this franchise.

Rake2204
06-05-2012, 09:26 AM
I'm done with this franchise.
I know I said this once already, but gameplay changes are never noticeable at this time of year. At this point, a couple of animations will pop out at the user, but the real under-the-hood stuff won't be seen until September. For reference, this is what "2K12" looked like last year at this time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6yTNL4idQQ

At that point, it was 2K11 with some different animations. The changes made (a number of them for the worst) did not become noticeable until a couple of months later. They're literally right in the middle of making this game and it's nowhere near complete. That doesn't mean it's going to be great. Their changes might suck and make the game worse. I'm just saying it's way, way too early to tell. Nothing solid's ever been able to be drawn from 2K basketball games in early June.

The only thing I took from the video is apparently the Dunk Contest is going to be the worst thing ever. That much we could see.

Edit: Take this for what it's worth, but a 2K developer on the non-dunk contest portions shown:

Don't sweat the gameplay vid, guys. It's way early and I can assure you that clip isn't representative of what you'll see in October. We have lots of interesting stuff to announce on the gameplay front and I know you're going to love the upgrades. You're just going to have to trust us for now.

RaininTwos
06-05-2012, 12:55 PM
One of my favorite sports games of all time and I hated that mode.
:coleman:

GTFO

jbot
06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
the guitar hero-like controls of the dunk contest is dumb. when i read the title of the video i watched, i thought it was a joke.

Abd El-Krim
06-05-2012, 09:02 PM
I'm done with 2k. Enough already.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2012, 08:47 PM
I'm done with 2k. Enough already.

Same. NBA Live will save us I hope :facepalm .

Dictator
06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
2k is good but it sucks. And the guitar hero system slam dunk contest????:lol :facepalm Somebody needs the chit slapped out of them...

Lets be real here. Nba Live 09 and 10 with better gameplay mechanics would be the goat.

Tenchi Ryu
06-06-2012, 08:52 PM
Same. NBA Live will save us I hope :facepalm .
Doubt it, Live looks bad as far as the graphics....that Lebron vs Rose video that popped up during E3 didn't look good graphically at all.

Rake2204
06-06-2012, 08:58 PM
With as much fun as I had with NBA 2K11, and with as much fun as I was still able to have with 2K12 despite their taking a step backward, I think it's going to take something massively ridiculous to push me away from 2K13. A lot of the 2K12 issues seem pretty clear, so I have faith in the forthcoming product. Plus, an extra year to square away the online code they re-wrote from scratch for 2K12 will hopefully get online connectivity back on track.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2012, 08:59 PM
Doubt it, Live looks bad as far as the graphics....that Lebron vs Rose video that popped up during E3 didn't look good graphically at all.

Graphics this many months early are never the finished product. The footage they showed was probably from 3+ months ago. BTW I wouldn't say it looks bad at all. Not as clean as 2K but not as plastic-y and lame as Live 10. Besides if gameplay is better than 2K12 (won't be too hard to achieve if they are smart) I'll buy it anyways. I'm sick of bullshit on 2K. On NBA Live you can at least play defense. In 2K defense is gimped as ****.

Rake2204
06-06-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm sick of bullshit on 2K. On NBA Live you can at least play defense. In 2K defense is gimped as ****.
I'll be real interested in the defensive setup 2K13 provides this year. I thought defense in 2K11 was actually serviceable. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty solid. Conversely, I find that to be one of 2K12's biggest issues and I truly feel that is something 2K has acknowledged themselves. As such, I'll be curious to see where they go with that element from here.

Clippersfan86
06-06-2012, 09:03 PM
I'll be real interested in the defensive setup 2K13 provides this year. I thought defense in 2K11 was actually serviceable. It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty solid. Conversely, I find that to be one of 2K12's biggest issues and I truly feel that is something 2K has acknowledged themselves. As such, I'll be curious to see where they go with that element from here.

Yea but worst part is I was so hyped for supposedly improved D... and it's the same shit. When offensive player pulls turbo it's just so easy to get around the D. Somehow the CPU can play superb D.... which is why I just zone up and rarely defend the ball.

Timmy D for MVP
06-06-2012, 09:07 PM
What they really need to do is fix the server problem.

No other game gives me the troubles. FIFA SOMETIMES has trouble, but other than that it's awesome. Yet 2K constantly boots me or won't connect.

But I don't have the defense problem that everyone else seems to have.

Timmy D for MVP
06-06-2012, 09:09 PM
2k is good but it sucks. And the guitar hero system slam dunk contest????:lol :facepalm Somebody needs the chit slapped out of them...

Lets be real here. Nba Live 09 and 10 with better gameplay mechanics would be the goat.

:wtf:

Portal with worse game play would suck. If the Rockets were better they'd be good. If the Sun is down it's night.

What are you talking about?

Dictator
06-06-2012, 10:16 PM
:wtf:

Portal with worse game play would suck. If the Rockets were better they'd be good. If the Sun is down it's night.

What are you talking about?

The fck are you talking about?:facepalm Not re-scrapping, just tweaking. Little things like how a basketball hits the rim......

ukballer
06-07-2012, 02:18 AM
:facepalm at people judging it this early. I lost A LOT of trust in Live after that Elite thing, and it's gonna take a hell of a lot to get me from 2K. I think the games are pretty good. People want perfection nowadays, it's not gonna happen my friends.

Granted, I'm not overly keen on this guitar hero style dunk contest thing. To be honest, I'm much more a fan of the 3 point contest over this. But anyway, my thing the last couple of years has been, and probably always will be My Player. I liked it last year, and I did like the fact you only had to play one draft showout game before getting to the NBA. But I didn't like the fact you were quite often interviewed/drafted by the same teams no matter how well you played. I must have been interviewed by the Bucks, Warriors, Rockets, Suns etc so many times whenever starting a new player. I hope your opening performance has more of an effect on where you might go.

Clippersfan86
06-07-2012, 02:24 AM
:facepalm at people judging it this early. I lost A LOT of trust in Live after that Elite thing, and it's gonna take a hell of a lot to get me from 2K. I think the games are pretty good. People want perfection nowadays, it's not gonna happen my friends.

Granted, I'm not overly keen on this guitar hero style dunk contest thing. To be honest, I'm much more a fan of the 3 point contest over this. But anyway, my thing the last couple of years has been, and probably always will be My Player. I liked it last year, and I did like the fact you only had to play one draft showout game before getting to the NBA. But I didn't like the fact you were quite often interviewed/drafted by the same teams no matter how well you played. I must have been interviewed by the Bucks, Warriors, Rockets, Suns etc so many times whenever starting a new player. I hope your opening performance has more of an effect on where you might go.

I disagree. I don't think people want perfection. People want what is guaranteed and promised. For example they promised viable and great defense this year and it took a big step back in actuality. They promised improved online play and the servers are more unstable than ever before.

Brujesino
06-07-2012, 02:51 AM
When the **** are lobbies coming back?

Hotbullets
06-07-2012, 10:42 AM
OMG, that dunk contest is an absolute travesty.

Rake2204
06-07-2012, 10:59 AM
I disagree. I don't think people want perfection. People want what is guaranteed and promised. For example they promised viable and great defense this year and it took a big step back in actuality. They promised improved online play and the servers are more unstable than ever before.
Not to disagree for the sake of disagreement, but I'm not sure I recall 2K promising viable and great defense for 2K12. What I do recall is 2K's assertion they'd removed a lot of the bumping and contact that folks had complained about defensively from the year before.

In 2K11, many users felt offensive players would lock into brief contact animations when they'd attempt to drive and did not succeed. As such, it felt as if 2K attempted to rid of as much faux-contact as they could for 2K12, using a new, relatively cheap defensive system not entirely based in real-life physics as a way to make amends. Essentially, it felt like a move based on the idea of, "You want us to get rid of contact animations when attempting to dribble drive? Okay, we'll get rid of contact animations when you dribble drive. Let's see how you like that."

I honestly feel it's clear to everyone (including 2K) their altered system did not work in 2K12. I don't expect a ton of change from one year of a sports game to the next, but I am sort of expecting a positive defensive change.

What they really need to do is fix the server problem.

No other game gives me the troubles. FIFA SOMETIMES has trouble, but other than that it's awesome. Yet 2K constantly boots me or won't connect.

That's actually the other main aspect I expect to change. Considering their history, I'm still not sure I'd expect a super-smooth flowing online game at all times, but I expect a very high percentage of their online troubles to be cured. I do not play online personally, but I use the online feature for other things (2KShare, YouTube uploads, PressBook uploads). Everything related to online was jacked up in 2K12, and I believe it's the result of 2K deciding to re-write every line of their online code last year. Supposedly their online system's code dated back to the Dreamcast, so they felt last year would be the time to re-build things a bit. Obviously, the kinks were not worked out in time, but I feel an entire extra year to work that stuff out is going to leave a good chance of clearing a lot of those problems up.

Here's an article on the online re-write for those interested: http://kotaku.com/5854423/nba-2k12-works-overtime-on-a-problem-with-roots-in-the-dreamcast

Of course, I say all the above optimistically because I am a fan of the 2K series and I'd like nothing more than to have one heck of an upgrade to purchase come October. NBA Live is going to be a tough purchase for me as long as 2K continues to have such a deep pool of classic players and teams while Live (until further notice) has none.

Edit: An excerpt I read a moment ago from an IGN preview (which was otherwise a relatively worthless article):

We got a look at NBA 2K13 in a behind-closed-doors demo at E3 today and it appears they haven't missed a beat since the stellar 2K12. Longtime series producer Rob Jones talked of developer Visual Concepts' plans to amp up the fluidity and natural timing of the post-play reactions and celebrations, while he also aims to achieve a "true balance" between offense and defense by allowing the defender to be more physical with the ball-handler.
So at least in theory and talk, there does seem to be some recognition of the defensive issues present in 2K12.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-nba-2k13-wants-to-leap-over-a-kia-like-blake-griffin

ukballer
06-08-2012, 05:44 AM

The issue I was really tackling was people making bold assumptions on a very first look at a trailer, which most of the time was in the background of a one on one interview.

How can, for example, someone assume the servers are gonna be ass again without actually trying themselves, or hearing from official reviews/word of mouth etc?

People saying they're done with 2K? All we've seen is a trailer basically. I'm just against pre-emptive assumptions, that's all.

D12"Magic"
06-21-2012, 11:49 AM
https://p.twimg.com/Av6q3TzCIAAR8xt.jpg

Rose, Deron, Blake or KD on the cover? Or could it be all 4 of them?

Maniak
06-21-2012, 11:58 AM
Rose shouldn't be, he's injured.

Blake shouldn't be, he's useless.

Deron shouldn't be, he's been overshadowed as a top point guard.

It should be Durant or LeBron.

D12"Magic"
06-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Rose shouldn't be, he's injured.

Blake shouldn't be, he's useless.

Deron shouldn't be, he's been overshadowed as a top point guard.

It should be Durant or LeBron.
Theres a Brooklyn Bridge, a Rose, a Griffin and a Tarantula so unless 2k is trolling, it is gonna be one of them players.

Your argument for Blake and Deron were pretty dumb.

niko
06-21-2012, 02:43 PM
what's the hook this year?

Maniak
06-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Theres a Brooklyn Bridge, a Rose, a Griffin and a Tarantula so unless 2k is trolling, it is gonna be one of them players.

Your argument for Blake and Deron were pretty dumb.
I know those are the obvious hints. They might do another fan vote.

My argument for both was lazily constructed.

Blake is the wanna-be poster boy whose biggest successes are flopping/complaining, Kia commercials, and rigging dunk contests. Yes I'm a hater but he doesn't deserve the cover seeing as he's not even #1 on his team.

Deron has been extremely quiet. Not even making an All-NBA team this year. The only reason Deron makes sense is to give Brooklyn some exposure...

I do kind of like Deron as a player, but he shouldn't be a cover athlete.

Keep in mind this is the first current player in 2 years following MJ and MJ/Magic/Bird. It should be Durant or LeBron.

Actually, it should be Durant and LeBron seeing as they are the 2 best in the game and playing in the finals. Build the rivalry etc.

D12"Magic"
06-21-2012, 03:54 PM
I know those are the obvious hints. They might do another fan vote.

My argument for both was lazily constructed.

Blake is the wanna-be poster boy whose biggest successes are flopping/complaining, Kia commercials, and rigging dunk contests. Yes I'm a hater but he doesn't deserve the cover seeing as he's not even #1 on his team.

Deron has been extremely quiet. Not even making an All-NBA team this year. The only reason Deron makes sense is to give Brooklyn some exposure...

I do kind of like Deron as a player, but he shouldn't be a cover athlete.

Keep in mind this is the first current player in 2 years following MJ and MJ/Magic/Bird. It should be Durant or LeBron.

Actually, it should be Durant and LeBron seeing as they are the 2 best in the game and playing in the finals. Build the rivalry etc.
I pretty much agree, Deron has not done much this season, but as someone who likes the Nets, I hope he gets it.

It will probably be a vote if that is the case, no way Deron wins

Edit: Actually I think I got the Hint, it is likely you could chose from 4 different covers. like last years 2k with MJ, Magic and Bird.

Maniak
06-21-2012, 04:21 PM
Maybe. It's either that or a vote like they did with the Kobe ones (which there was also 4 options... right?)

GOBB
06-21-2012, 06:38 PM
I'm still buying 2k13 and hoping things are fixed, corrected, added. Wishful thinking? Perhaps. I know servers wont be addressed. But I'm hoping they steal the Online Franchise ideas from Madden for 2k13. Because making people admins/commish, allowing someone to drop/be kicked out and be able to return are just a few things that would help. Bringing back My player pick up and Crew would be great. Gives me a reason to play My Player extensively.

If they wont get servers like EA atleast upgrade what you have. I dont like the dropped games.

So I'll buy. But what I wont do is buy any DLC. They tried it 2k12 and I didnt budge. Wont budge this time. This All Star Weekend should be free. I understand the pre order crew gets first dibs, but later on this should be a gift. Otherwise? I wont buy. I mean afterall Blacktop mode is basically All Star weekend.

Fiasco
06-21-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm still buying 2k13 and hoping things are fixed, corrected, added. Wishful thinking? Perhaps

Not perhaps. Absolutely.

As long as people still buy the game, they're not going to change anything.

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-21-2012, 07:44 PM
It's the Dream Team on the cover guys. They're going to milk the legends as much as they can since this is the last year in Jordan's contract with 2K.

- Smak

D12"Magic"
06-21-2012, 08:52 PM
It's the Dream Team on the cover guys. They're going to milk the legends as much as they can since this is the last year in Jordan's contract with 2K.

- Smak
So the Tarantula, Roses, the Griffin bird and the Brooklyn Bridge mean nothing?

MJ was born in BK, but that does not explain the rest.

Im tired of the Legend things, it was fun, but now they seem to be milking it as much as they can, focus on ways to improve the game instead.

ballup
06-21-2012, 10:38 PM
If 2k is done with the legends, why don't they just go with last season's MVP/FMVP for the cover athlete each year?

Rake2204
06-22-2012, 01:59 PM
I'm still buying 2k13 and hoping things are fixed, corrected, added.

So I'll buy. But what I wont do is buy any DLC. They tried it 2k12 and I didnt budge. Wont budge this time. This All Star Weekend should be free. I understand the pre order crew gets first dibs, but later on this should be a gift. Otherwise? I wont buy. I mean afterall Blacktop mode is basically All Star weekend.
I'm with you in regards to my impending purchase of 2K13. I'm actually still having a great time with 2K12 so it's not as if they have the world to prove to me. But I'm still hoping for a lot of key fixes (particularly defensive player movement, layup logic, and block physics). Thankfully, the problems seem clear and obvious enough to garner 2K's attention.

Regarding the DLC, I'm very big into classic teams, so that was an absolute buy for me. The content itself was quite lame (the street tournament) but the ability to unlock droves of additional classic players for use in the regular game sold me immediately. Since then, there's been some nasty classic rosters out there, featuring dozens of additional teams with a bevy of accurate player models, jerseys, shorts, etc.

For instance, the DLC led to the creation of the '93 Suns, with their sunburst uniforms and full roster (outside of created Chuck). '00 Blazers, '91 Celtics, '96 Pistons, '01 76ers, '77 Blazers, '94 Warriors, '97 Bullets. . . just a ton of options for an XBox360 guy interested in current teams and classics.

Im tired of the Legend things, it was fun, but now they seem to be milking it as much as they can, focus on ways to improve the game instead.
I don't have any issues with legends taking a back seat in terms of marketing, but I'm hopeful they always remain a part of the game itself. For me, adding classic teams and improving them (with court art, authentic jerseys) is improving the game. Though if you're referring to gameplay alterations, I'm relatively certain the art folks handling classic players faces, court art, and jerseys is a different crew from the ones responsible for coding gameplay.

Jailblazers7
06-22-2012, 02:55 PM
I buy NBA 2k and other sports games like Madden like once every 3 years. Just not worth it every year. I'll play 2k12 for a few years and then get a new one.

Mr. I'm So Rad
06-22-2012, 06:56 PM
It's Blake, Durant and Rose for the cover

CelticBaller
06-22-2012, 07:58 PM
Guitar hero dunk contest wtf

who though of this shit? :biggums:

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 12:58 AM
It's Blake, Durant and Rose for the cover

How do you know? It would make great sense considering they are the 3 new superstars rising up in this league right now and spearheading the future.

Edit: Oh you're probably referring to the clue picture that was released. I'm hoping big time that it's like last year where you get to choose one of the 3. Then I'll have no choice but to get 2K13 this year before Live with a Griffin cover.

Fiasco
06-23-2012, 12:41 PM
Then I'll have no choice but to get 2K13 this year before Live with a Griffin cover.

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
06-23-2012, 07:28 PM
:facepalm

For my collection man. He may never be on a cover again and never before has a Clippers player had a video game cover!

nightprowler10
06-23-2012, 08:11 PM
For my collection man. He may never be on a cover again and never before has a Clippers player had a video game cover!
If Rose is on the Cover, I'll get it used.

Tenchi Ryu
06-23-2012, 09:54 PM
If Rose is on the Cover, I'll get it used.
Ditto

Fiasco
06-24-2012, 01:08 AM

Print the cover off the internet and use that then.

04mzwach
06-25-2012, 05:38 PM
I'll just copy and paste an idea I just shot to DcoopSon on youtube:

I've decided that 2K13 MY PLAYER should have progression based skill points for some aspects of your game. I don't believe free throw skill will be bought for example. I think as you progress into hitting the right timing, then your player should get better. I think there should be a PROGRESSION BASED EARNED and ORIGINAL ATTRIBUTE EARNED mode for MY PLAYER. Players of the game should also be able to customize which aspect of their game are progression based or leave them the same. Not everybody may like the PROGRESSION mode so they shouldn't be forced, of course.

niko
06-26-2012, 09:14 AM
Cover is Rose/Griffin/Durant, all on same cover, no split covers.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Cover is Rose/Griffin/Durant, all on same cover, no split covers.
I'm okay with that. Looks pretty good to me (NBA 2K's brand is red and they prefer to establish that, which is why the background color has always been the same these last few years - even when Magic and Larry were on the cover).

The cover: http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/2K62612.jpg

Maniak
06-26-2012, 12:46 PM
They're all making stupid faces.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
They're all making stupid faces.
To be fair, unless you're Yi Jianlian, you're probably not going to be able to crack a smile or anything during the dunk process. And even Yi only seems partially pleased with himself:

http://cache.daylife.com/imageserve/05Ns01pdF34pW/439x.jpg

NBA4EVER
06-27-2012, 12:48 PM
This should be the real cover:

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8591972/640/8591972.jpg
Full Size: http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8591972/img/8591972.jpg

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 08:19 PM

I like that Cover a lot more!

Rake2204
06-27-2012, 08:57 PM

Not really sure it's ever going to top last year's though:

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/592328_101625383294017_2056075723_n.jpg

Segatti
06-30-2012, 12:48 AM
I didn't liked NBA 2k12 because I could put 50 points easily every game with an all star player. It's not realistic. I want the game to make me pass the ball and work with role players too.

Brujesino
06-30-2012, 11:35 PM
http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/NBA-2K13-Dynasty-Edition-1.jpg

[QUOTE]Ever play a basketball video game and wish you could dribble a real basketball at the same time?

2K Sports has just the answer for you with

Rake2204
06-30-2012, 11:38 PM
http://zoknowsgaming.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/NBA-2K13-Dynasty-Edition-1.jpg

I know no one's being forced to buy that package but man, that is not appealing to me. It feels like one of those giveaways you'd have for meeting magazine sale quotas when you were in middle school (or whatever other fundraiser you did).

Maniak
07-01-2012, 12:14 AM
I think they should also state that all other DLC in the future (if they add any) will be free with that thing.

Also there should be more.

Also that ball looks terrible.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-01-2012, 12:34 AM
Man they REALLY need to work on the A.I. The tendencies for players are always so screwed up. It's like a 4 year old is just playing with the controller when 2K is editing player's Abilities and Tendencies. The forcefields and psychic CPU players need to go too. I hate seeing a shot go up and the CPU already knows where the rebound will go so they just run to the exact spot. They never mistime jumps on rebounds either.

CarlosBoozer
07-01-2012, 11:46 AM
Man they REALLY need to work on the A.I. The tendencies for players are always so screwed up. It's like a 4 year old is just playing with the controller when 2K is editing player's Abilities and Tendencies. The forcefields and psychic CPU players need to go too. I hate seeing a shot go up and the CPU already knows where the rebound will go so they just run to the exact spot. They never mistime jumps on rebounds either.
Jesus christ that is spot on, I thought I was a horrible rebounder but after a while I just noticed that the A.I are just perfect at rebouding :biggums:

ace23
07-03-2012, 01:21 AM
I didn't liked NBA 2k12 because I could put 50 points easily every game with an all star player. It's not realistic. I want the game to make me pass the ball and work with role players too.
All they had to do was allow sliders to be customizable.

Fiasco
07-03-2012, 02:26 AM

It's been like that since 2K11.

And LMAO @ that package they're offering. 2K is such a ****ing joke.

ace23
07-03-2012, 11:48 PM
It's been like that since 2K11.

And LMAO @ that package they're offering. 2K is such a ****ing joke.
Dude, shut the **** up. You're annoying as ****.

Hope you're just trolling.

Maniak
07-03-2012, 11:55 PM
Fiasco just seems like a very mad person.

Cherry Picker
07-04-2012, 06:20 AM
Might skip b ball games this year. Live looks as crappy as always while 2k13 looks like 2k12 with updated rosters and guitar hero. Still time to change my mind.

EricGordon23
07-04-2012, 04:42 PM
I hope they fix it so that not every player in the league has god like footwork.

Fiasco
07-04-2012, 06:39 PM
Dude, shut the **** up. You're annoying as ****.

Hope you're just trolling.

lol @ trolling = telling it like it is.

Fiasco just seems like a very mad person.

No I'm just sober more often.

UtahJazzFan88
07-05-2012, 05:19 AM
That package looks terrible, and honestly, I can't use any basketball unless it's like actually orange and has grip compared to that crap thing.

TheWINdyCity
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
some suggestions for 2k13

- my crew
- pick up games
- make shooting harder than in 2k12
- have your my player in Association Mode
- keep the money system in my player mode ( i thought it was a good idea)
- make it so a ****ing center won't catch a pg with 99 speed in a fast break
-make the online a better overall experience

thats all i can think of at the top of my head :rockon:

CelticBaller
07-05-2012, 01:13 PM
My crew was good but it was dominated by 8 foot giants, 9 foot LeBrons and 3 point shooting Dwights :lol

Fiasco
07-06-2012, 12:15 AM
My crew was good but it was dominated by 8 foot giants, 9 foot LeBrons and 3 point shooting Dwights :lol

Before idiots started hacking it, Crew was ****ing dope. I think I played with a few of you guys here. I loved teaming up with dudes from here because we actually played as a team, not like those morons that went 1 on 1 every possession.

Had that Michael Jordan jumper, was unstoppable :pimp:

Maniak
07-11-2012, 01:00 PM
Can we do some stat predictions for players in 2k13 in here?

A few things that pop out:

Nash and Hill should probably be lower
Irving should be close to 85
David Lee will be lower
Markieff Morris should be in the 70 range
Durant will probably be a little bit higher

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Durant is a 95.

Blake is an 87.

I'm going to edit all of the overalls anyway to make them more accurate. 2K always puts certain attributes way too high, specifically Dunk and 3 Point.

Maniak
07-11-2012, 02:08 PM
^ Do you know that or are those predictions?

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2012, 02:12 PM
^ Do you know that or are those predictions?

It was announced on a live stream. As of right now, that's what they are. But they are subject to change. What their ratings would be affected by I don't know. I don't think 2K takes into consideration international performances when determining players' overalls.

Maniak
07-11-2012, 02:16 PM
diggity.

i think 2k's ratings are really weird. shumpert randomly became like a 78 but then other times players never get updated. especially rookies and small team players.

i've seen people make other ones but they are all really outlandish.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2012, 02:21 PM
Yeah and in 2K12 everyone's shot ratings were crazy. I remember for like the first few weeks Dirk had like 99 Shot Close and 99 Mid Range.

I usually go in and do my own ratings and tendencies adjustments. I've gotten good results when I sim a 30 team association. Very realistic stats aside from team wins because 2K thinks that teams can't win on the road and can't be bad at home.

I only download rosters to get missing players. I play on PC now though so I just use mods. It's so much better.

Maniak
07-11-2012, 02:23 PM
Warriors are so broken in this game.

In fact, I find lots of low level teams like 'Cats and Warriors do too well.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2012, 02:37 PM
The Warriors always win like 55+ games in my My Player :oldlol:

And the Bobcats were in the ECF in my Association and My Player. No trades made or anything. The base roster.

Maniak
07-11-2012, 02:42 PM
yeah i dont understand.

actually i somewhat do.

warriors are good because of curry's shooting ability.

also, big men who have a midrange J always do extremely well. in 12 min quarters jamison will average around 20ppg in an assoc with the cavs. tyrus thomas gets ppg around that as well. i don't know why it works like this.2k needs to fix this. thomas somewhat explains the bobcat's success.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2012, 02:50 PM
It's because of 2K's horrible player tendencies. Guys' tendencies are so off. It's why you get crazy stats when you sim and play. And 2K's sim engine is programmed to think that even the best of teams cannot win on the road and even the worst of teams can be respectable at home. Just sim an association and see that only like 6-7 teams will have 50+ wins, and it's because they'll be < = .500 on the road.

Maniak
07-11-2012, 02:58 PM
I've never noticed that.

I think the funniest thing that happened to me in assoc was I simmed a bunch of seasons and like 5 years further into his career LeBron had never won a ring, Durant had 3 and had just come off of back 2 back titles, and LeBron was a 20ppg scorer on the Bobcats.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
Yeah they always make the Thunder or Heat win when I sim. Weird teams always make the playoffs too like the Nets. The Bulls didn't make the playoffs in the first year of my association. No injuries or anything.

Maniak
07-11-2012, 05:07 PM
oh yeah the nets do weirdly well also. on paper i guess they're pretty good in that game though.

Loneshot
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
I wish there was a way to disable the draft in the GM mode. I like all the features of free agency, trades, etc, but i hate having to constantly find reliable draft class that always end up outdated.

Brujesino
07-11-2012, 06:56 PM
Can we do some stat predictions for players in 2k13 in here?

A few things that pop out:

Nash and Hill should probably be lower
Irving should be close to 85
David Lee will be lower
Markieff Morris should be in the 70 range
Durant will probably be a little bit higher
Why would he be lower?He had a great year.

Maniak
07-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Why would he be lower?He had a great year.
79 seems really high.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-11-2012, 07:29 PM
I hope they put the option back in to sim individual games like we could in 2K11, even ones we've already started. And if we've played at least the first half, we could still do the press conference like 2K11. They should just let us go to the calendar and sim a certain number of games like we can in Association too.

Brujesino
07-11-2012, 07:53 PM
79 seems really high.
20.1 ppg, 9.6 rpg 2.8apg 50% shooting

His offense and rebounding alone is good for a 79.Maybe a C on defense.I think hes right around that area.79-81.

Blake is a 87 and hes not even better offensively and they are the same defensively although blake could be worse.

SourPatchKids
07-24-2012, 02:47 AM
The guitar hero style slam dunk contest looks wack.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-27-2012, 05:50 PM
2K Sports Community Team Up Announced (http://2ksports.tumblr.com/)

Heavincent
07-27-2012, 05:58 PM
2K Sports Community Team Up Announced (http://2ksports.tumblr.com/)

So they got rid of the speed issues. That's good.

Can't wait to see some gameplay.

Pra
07-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Any idea how long 2k12 online will be good for? Guessing a few months after 2k13 comes out they'll disable 2k12 online gameplay?

GOBB
07-27-2012, 10:44 PM
Any idea how long 2k12 online will be good for? Guessing a few months after 2k13 comes out they'll disable 2k12 online gameplay?

You can go on 2k11 and play online. Why would they disable 2k12?

Pra
07-27-2012, 10:48 PM
You can go on 2k11 and play online. Why would they disable 2k12?

Thought they stopped servicing 2k11 in in April of this year boss, because of the lockout so I wasn't sure! Played 2k11 with some friends for quite a while!

Heavincent
07-30-2012, 12:46 PM
Over here at 2K Sports, we have a BIG announcement coming up this week. So big that Michael Jordan wanted to help us make it. What could it be? SHARE this image and spread the word to all NBA 2K fans!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151996274800305&set=a.323879500304.327771.221292025304&type=1&theater

Interesting.

Heavincent
07-30-2012, 01:03 PM
New trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkkfIPHqn50&feature=player_embedded Executive produced by Jay Z.

I hope this isn't the "big" announcement. I think it is though, since Jordan is the voice over. Pretty disappointing.

Maniak
07-30-2012, 01:05 PM
wow kevin durants form is so terrible in that vid.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-30-2012, 01:21 PM
wow kevin durants form is so terrible in that vid.

Lol they still didn't fix it. His face was still wrong too.

I have a bad feeling that they still won't get simple things like faces and shooting forms right.

Maniak
07-30-2012, 01:28 PM
Dirk's was a bit better in 2k12 than 2k11, so I can give them something.

David Lee's was so horrid.

niko
07-30-2012, 02:32 PM
I believe the announcement is some sort of mode with the Dream Team, whether is an Olympic tournament (which would be great) or just the Dream Teams (much less interesting) i don't yet know.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-30-2012, 02:48 PM
But wasn't the Dream Team a FIBA asset? And doesn't EA hold the rights to FIBA? Unless I'm mistaken or EA no longer holds the rights.

Heavincent
07-30-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm pretty sure the thing about Jay Z was the big announcement.

niko
07-30-2012, 03:05 PM
A big announcement should be something people give a **** about, no? That's just terrible.

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-30-2012, 03:11 PM

Na it's probably this (https://twitter.com/DamonBruce/status/229654073480192000)

Heavincent
07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
A big announcement should be something people give a **** about, no? That's just terrible.

I agree. I was hoping for something related to the actual gameplay or a cool new mode or something, but I guess not :confusedshrug:

Maniak
07-30-2012, 03:13 PM
Who is that?

niko
07-30-2012, 03:14 PM
What is the special mode? No legends?

Heavincent
07-30-2012, 03:17 PM
Who is that?

Damon Bruce? He's the guy that has been doing the half time show on 2K for the last few years.

Heavincent
07-30-2012, 03:19 PM
What is the special mode? No legends?

I'm sure there will be some sort of legends mode. But they haven't really released much info about the game yet, so nobody knows for sure.

Hotbullets
07-31-2012, 10:33 AM
Jay-Z excutive producer of NBA 2K13 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkkfIPHqn50&feature=player_embedded)

L3B120N J4M35
07-31-2012, 08:40 PM
http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K/app_203351739677351

soundtrack

Mr. I'm So Rad
07-31-2012, 10:31 PM
http://www.facebook.com/NBA2K/app_203351739677351

soundtrack

:roll: So much for the big announcement.

And are they really going to use Amazing again after it was already in 2K10?

Maniak
07-31-2012, 10:49 PM
U2?

:roll: :(

KDTrey5
07-31-2012, 11:36 PM
they need that simulation where it sims per quarter in association. that shit was fun.. only in live they had that

Heavincent
07-31-2012, 11:56 PM
This might not be a big announcement for us, but it is for the guys at 2K. Now they have the GOAT basketball player in Jordan and a huge entertainment icon in Jay Z promoting their game. That's pretty big from a marketing stand point.

KDTrey5
07-31-2012, 11:57 PM
playlist is better than 2k12's shitty one

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-01-2012, 12:00 AM
That's true, but they don't need more marketing imo. Maybe they feel they need to recapture people after a lockout season. Or maybe because 2K12 pissed a lot of people off they are trying to reel in some of the casual gamers.

But at this point, everyone who plays 2K is going to still play it. Maybe some new people will pick it up, but the bulk of the consumers is made up of people who are already 2K fans.

Rake2204
08-01-2012, 12:13 AM
Ha, there are many 2K followers bumming tonight about the Jay-Z news. Four weeks ago a spokesman for 2K said, "We have one of the biggest announcements ever, if not the biggest ever in the history of the 2K Sports franchise ever coming in a couple of weeks. I think you'll be surprised."

People were predicting the return of NFL 2K, the inclusion of the Dream Team, an International Mode, and brand new ways of playing video game basketball altogether. Instead, the "biggest announcement ever in the history of 2K Sports" turned out to be Jay-Z hand picking a soundtrack and telling 2K his ideas of how to make the game better.

G-train
08-01-2012, 12:44 AM
The blasphemy of this thread.
I and many others have played basketball video games for over 20 years.
2k12 is the best basketball game ever.
Sure the centre speed glitch is annoying and so is the shot clock cheese.
2k13 will likely address those problems.
But no game is perfect.

Live/Elite is for NOOBS. Clippersfan86 and others sold out in this thread and showed true colours. Noob fail.

Noobtards exposed. 2k is where its at and where it will forever be at.

SPLAAAAAAASH.

G-train
08-01-2012, 12:46 AM
The Jay-Z/Jordan announcement is cool.

Heavincent
08-07-2012, 07:49 PM
2K13 developer insight videos to debut soon http://www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k/566320-nba-2k13-developer-insight-videos-debut-soon.html

niko
08-07-2012, 08:03 PM
Why do people still mention Live? It sucked recently. A huge mess. It didn't play like basketball. And it's gone - there is no news on it, it's not coming out. It's dead.

Heavincent
08-07-2012, 08:14 PM
Why do people still mention Live? It sucked recently. A huge mess. It didn't play like basketball. And it's gone - there is no news on it, it's not coming out. It's dead.

Who said anything about Live? :confusedshrug: This is the 2K13 thread.

niko
08-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Who said anything about Live? :confusedshrug: This is the 2K13 thread.
it gets mentioned from time to time.

Have you found out what the legends mode is yet? Im dying to know. What system do you play on?

Heavincent
08-07-2012, 09:55 PM

Have you found out what the legends mode is yet? Im dying to know. What system do you play on?

I play on 360.

And no, I haven't. I'm guessing the first developer video will be on Friday, so maybe we'll find out then.

Graviton
08-08-2012, 04:20 AM
Hope they fix the transition defense. It's ridiculous how many times you can get fastbreak dunks while the 4 AI zombies will just stand around while you try to get a charge or slow the ball handler. The amount of scrubs able dunk over guys like Howard is ridiculous, hell I even owned with G. Henderson. There is an auto animation if you get enough speed/space, you can dunk on anyone and they won't be able to foul or block, their man will be frozen with you 10 feet away. Lead passes are also total cheese, especially if done after cutting someone with d-pad+Y, they will always dunk even if 3 guys are trying to bump him or are going for a deflection. Then there is Kobe/Durant unstoppable mid range pull up or fadeaway that goes in no matter the D. The superstar PGs are also too damn slow on lay ups and get blocked a lot, game has no true speed, scrub bigs will catch up to Rose on the break or block him when they are not even close by. Unless you use Godbrook and dunk on everyone instead of layups.

Rake2204
08-08-2012, 09:55 AM

What do you speak of when you say Legends Mode?

niko
08-08-2012, 10:28 AM
What do you speak of when you say Legends Mode?
Like last year we had the unlock the historical teams. What is the special "mode" this year vs. 12? It's the last year they have the Jordan contract signed for so it would make sense to do something including him.

Rake2204
08-08-2012, 12:05 PM
Like last year we had the unlock the historical teams. What is the special "mode" this year vs. 12? It's the last year they have the Jordan contract signed for so it would make sense to do something including him.
Ah, gotcha. I don't really have my hopes up because I wasn't sure there was a clear angle for these guys to take after exhausting MJ's greatest games in 2K11 and every legend showdown in 2K12. I mean, they could do specific legend vs. legend games (say, recreating 1995's David Robinson vs. Hakeem Olajuwon showdown) but I think that'd be too similar to the previous mode for them to treat it as something new.

I'd personally be in favor of a mix of the Jordan Challenge and Legends Challenge, where classic games would be played and classic statlines would have to be met. For instance, perhaps one challenge would require users to replicate Reggie Miller's 25 point fourth quarter against New York. Then again, 2K removed statistical goals for 2K12's Legend Mode due to complaints about the difficulty of some of the Jordan Challenges, so I'd be surprised to see them go back to that.

Personally, I was kind of expecting the previous classic teams to just be on the game, period, without any kind of mode running alongside. So at this point, I'd be pleasantly surprised with any cool news on the classic front. I'm also holding out hope that perhaps Jordan will agree to continue his relationship with 2K after his initial contract has run out.

Rake2204
08-10-2012, 08:40 AM
The first developer video insight has been released: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-u0C0G9BXI&feature=youtu.be

For those who can't watch or chose not to, ball handling has begun to incorporate the right-stick from my understanding. Further, on-ball defense has been altered to help alleviate the issue where we ask ourselves, as they put it, ""Why is this guy catching up when physics tells us he's already beaten?"

niko
08-10-2012, 09:21 AM
Ah, gotcha. I don't really have my hopes up because I wasn't sure there was a clear angle for these guys to take after exhausting MJ's greatest games in 2K11 and every legend showdown in 2K12. I mean, they could do specific legend vs. legend games (say, recreating 1995's David Robinson vs. Hakeem Olajuwon showdown) but I think that'd be too similar to the previous mode for them to treat it as something new.

I'd personally be in favor of a mix of the Jordan Challenge and Legends Challenge, where classic games would be played and classic statlines would have to be met. For instance, perhaps one challenge would require users to replicate Reggie Miller's 25 point fourth quarter against New York. Then again, 2K removed statistical goals for 2K12's Legend Mode due to complaints about the difficulty of some of the Jordan Challenges, so I'd be surprised to see them go back to that.

Personally, I was kind of expecting the previous classic teams to just be on the game, period, without any kind of mode running alongside. So at this point, I'd be pleasantly surprised with any cool news on the classic front. I'm also holding out hope that perhaps Jordan will agree to continue his relationship with 2K after his initial contract has run out.

As a Knick fan i'd like to stop replicating destroying my team at some point.

Rake2204
08-10-2012, 12:30 PM
As a Knick fan i'd like to stop replicating destroying my team at some point.
Haha, how about a game where the '99 Knicks must overcome the #1 seed Heat?

Maniak
08-10-2012, 12:35 PM
pretty much guarantee on ball defense will still be bad. didn't look any different in that video.

chosen_one6
08-10-2012, 12:51 PM
At a recent visit to the Game Informer offices, Visual Concepts spilled the beans about everything NBA 2K13 has to offer, including My Player, Association, online plans, and a few new surprises. We’ll touch on all of this at later dates, but first and foremost we’re sharing details on our hands-on gameplay session.

NBA 2K13 is building off a solid gameplay foundation, but that isn’t preventing Visual Concepts from shaking things up. Here are 25 things we learned during our meeting:

PRESENTATION

In past games Visual Concepts felt that after the whistle blew the presentation would often break the sense of immersion with flaws in the way players acted and reacted. The transition of seeing LeBron James make one of his signature dunks, but then stumble aimlessly around the court like a zombie as a quarter came to a close was jarring. In NBA 2K13, the team made an effort to seamlessly integrate ambient actions to make sure that players are doing things they would actually do in real life during dead ball situations.

The dynamic commentary I heard between Steve Kerr, Clark Kellogg, and Kevin Harlan proves they are still the premier virtual broadcast team. The conversations flow seamlessly, they discuss off-court activity and statistics like real-life commentators, and their cadence rises and falls with the intensity of the action.

The broadcast replays are also unrivaled in sports games. This year Visual Concepts has added a few new flourishes, like Nike+ Basketball integration that shows you how high a player jumps during a slam-dunk replay. These replays only trigger if the player making the dunk is wearing Nike+ Basketball shoes.

GAMEPLAY

It turns out gameplay producer Mike Wang may have learned a thing or two while working on the NBA Live franchise for EA Sports after all. This year NBA 2K takes one of the few good pages out of the Live playbook by revamping its right analog controls to include dribbling moves.

Dubbed the Control Stick, the right analog stick now works for dribbling, shooting, post play, and passing. Visual Concepts says this new control scheme opens up a plethora of new moves they didn’t have before.

Isomotion didn't allow players to do anything standing because it was tied to your movement stick. Now you can cross over, go behind the back, or between the legs. This allows you to set up a guy up the way you would on a real court.

Holding down the left trigger turns the Control Stick back into the Shot Stick from last year.

Visual Concepts revamped the passing so players are smarter about which passes they make. This year if you take the ball down the middle on the fast break and see a guy filling the lane you will make a nice bounce pass instead of an overhead pass that is easy for the defender to pick off. If you want to guarantee your player throws a bounce pass, you can hold the left trigger and press the pass button.

Previous NBA 2K games married the passing and catching systems, which meant that the moment you made the pass, the catch was determined as well. This made it hard to jump the lane and cause a turnover on defense because if you weren’t in the passing lane at the time of the pass the system wouldn’t register you as a factor. In NBA 2K13, Visual Concepts has separated these systems. The game makes the appropriate pass at the time you press the button, and the intended receiver makes the appropriate catch based on when the ball is arriving. This should inject more variety into the pass catching animations and hopefully make some balls more susceptible to interception.

For the first time in the series, the controls for a dribbler and a player in the post mimic one another. Twirling the right analog stick to spin works in both states. Since players no longer need to master a different minigame when posting up, it should be much easier for players to transition between attacking the basket and playing with your back to the rim.

Visual Concepts also changed the alley-oop controls. This year when you see an opportunity for a quick basket at the rim, you can mash the A and X buttons to throw it up.
For players who developed muscle reflexes for the Shot Stick, getting used to the Control Stick is going to require an adjustment period. In my short time with the game, I was still accidentally making a dribbling move instead of hoisting up the rock when I saw an opportunity to shoot. Visual Concepts producer Rob Jones says that after playing a handful of games you should get the hang of it.

NBA 2K games have always packed in a ridiculous amount of animations, but shots tended to play out the same regardless of contact. Thanks to the new Dynamic Shot Generator, the game now uses a physics system to takes into account momentum, the degree of contact, player size, and strength ratings to determine if a player knifes through the defender, is stopped at the point of contact, or gets the shot off but stumbles and falls to the floor. Visual Concepts hopes this will make contact more realistic and keep the outcomes from looking like canned animations.

The physics system introduced by the Dynamic Shot Generator also affects rebounding, blocking collisions, and charging. Savvy defenders can actually take a charge this year.

Speaking of defense, players have more smooth movements on defense and appear to be much more reactive. The physics helps more physical defenders guarding against drives to the baskets as well. If you step into the dribbler’s lane, the collision deflects guys the way it would in real life so the attacker won’t just slide off the defender. The dev team hopes this will help players feel like defending can play a vital role in the game instead of just feeling like an obstacle.

Last year, the AI had multiple options to attack your defense, but it would pick one approach at random. To cut down on the amount of times a player can cheat the system by standing in an obvious passing lane to pick off a ball, Visual Concepts has developed a reactive AI that is smart enough to know when you are trying to take away options. This year, it will notice your guy jumping the lane and look for a backdoor option instead of throwing the obvious pass.

To better distinguish between the AI point guard performances in the league, Visual Concepts has added awareness differentiations. While a veteran, pass-first point guard like Jason Kidd has a 360-degree view of what’s happening around him, shoot-first point guards or less talented players will have part of the court shaded like a fog of war in strategy games.

In past games, fans found that it didn't matter how wide the player ratings scale was, because the talented players at a respective position always played the same. To better differentiate between players, Visual Concepts has taken a page out of FIFA and Madden by introducing Signature Skills. Each player can have up to five signature skills, which cover everything from being a spot up shooter or alley-ooper on offense to being a chasedown artist or pick-pocketer on defense.

Most of the signature skills are individual traits, but some players also have skills that extend to their teammates, which Visual Concepts is calling “team auras.” A floor general will improve the play of everyone else on the court, as will a high-energy defensive specialist.

Visual Concepts is still locking down the number of skill traits for the game, but right now they are hovering around 28. The developer has not commented on whether or not players will gain or lose signature skills as their career progresses.

BETTER WITH KINECT?

Like FIFA and Madden, NBA 2K13 takes advantage of the Kinect’s voice recognition software to offer players a new way to interact with the game.

The Kinect controls work for several basic menu functions, such as calling a timeout, substituting players, changing defenses, or calling plays.

Most of the commands are conversational and supplemented with AI logic. If you notice Kevin Garnett is tired, simply say “substitute Kevin Garnett” and the AI will chose an appropriate player. If you want to bring a resting star like Kevin Durant off the bench, say “bring in Kevin Durant” and the AI will choose who should sit.

These conversational commands extend to playcalling as well. Rather than calling out specific plays for players, you can simply say “Run a screen play for Kobe” and the game will automatically choose one of the many screen plays for him. Once the play is activated, the play vision art will appear on screen to guide you though the attack.

You also need to watch your mouth when using Kinect. If you swear after a bad call, the ref may decide to issue a technical foul.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/08/10/25-things-we-know-about-nba-2k13.aspx

Damn I'm so hyped for this game now. I love how 2K listens to their fan base.

Maniak
08-10-2012, 01:04 PM
You also need to watch your mouth when using Kinect. If you swear after a bad call, the ref may decide to issue a technical foul.

This better mean they're adding technicals to the full game.

None of that addresses how defenders should be different in skill, which worries me. I should have a different experience playing with Thabo than with Nash on defense.

Also no mention of the new assoc/my player features bothers me. Still some useful info though.

Rake2204
08-10-2012, 01:09 PM
pretty much guarantee on ball defense will still be bad. didn't look any different in that video.That's strange, because that's almost the complete opposite feeling I picked up from that video. The most serious issue I had with defense in 2K12 was making a move and beating my defender, only to have him defy physics, slide back, and recover without changing direction or taking steps. I did not see a hint of that in the video, so to say it "didn't look any different in that video" isn't entirely accurate to me.

There's a litany of articles that were dropped today, all mentioning the defensive improvements in one form or another, so if you're interested, they might be able to better paint the picture here. I'd agree with you that we don't know if this new system will work, but I think it's surely different and to be honest, I can't expect anything to be as poor from a physics standpoint as 2K12's defensive setup. Here's just one additional excerpt from an article:

Defense is tighter, you won't get sucked into long canned animations, but there are a lot of mini animations happening that really show the subtleties of contact that happen when a player drives or is trying to get around someone.

I've always felt like I wasn't rewarded for playing good defense, but in 2K13, you can direct the offensive player in a direction without getting stuck in animations. Charges have been tweaked to reward you for being in the right spot, but we didn't see one during my time playing. The steals and block systems have been tweaked to be more consistent. One sequence happened where Dwayne Wade was trapped under the basket, he still went up for a forced shot into the body of Serge Ibaka, and I"Block"a literally swallowed the ball up as he blocked it, caught it in air and landed on his feet for the outlet. The enitre sequence looked so smooth and seamless.http://briantong.blogspot.com/2012/08/b-teezys-nba-2k13-hands-on-preview-i.html

This better mean they're adding technicals to the full game.

None of that addresses how defenders should be different in skill, which worries me. I should have a different experience playing with Thabo than with Nash on defense.

Also no mention of the new assoc/my player features bothers me. Still some useful info though.I haven't heard any indication that technicals would be included not involving Kinect. I think the issue's always been the NBA not wanting their players represented in such a light. With the Kinect, it'd be the user getting T'ed up (no players or coaches) so I can see how that could be allowed and not the normal form. Also, I read a user can be T'd up a maximum of once a game, and one user reported pulling off a sweet play and saying, "That was sick!" and getting T'ed up.

While I disagreed on the manner with which general defensive controls have changed from 2K12, I agree we haven't seen much about how a great defender will differentiate from a poor one. Perhaps one aspect to look out for would be the inclusion of 2K's "Signature Skills", which is more or less 28 different categories in which a player can be particularly effective (each player has five possible slots to fill with skills). Examples I heard thrown around were "Dead Eye", "Chase Down Block", "Brick Wall", and "Floor General" (which makes every other player slightly better when that player's on the court).

Finally, 2K releases information in very precise pockets. Media outlets are only able to divulge particulars on certain dates. Today was designated as a "Gameplay pt. 1" day, so 2K deliberately kept most things today gameplay specific. Modes such as Association and My Player will have their own specific days where all information is spilled out.

Heavincent
08-10-2012, 01:27 PM
That physics system sounds nice.

I was just playing 2K11 and I found that the way the CPU played offense was so much better than 2K12. They'd actually run the offense and try to get good shots. In 2K12 they just dribble around for 20 seconds and then take a contested jump shot that goes in more often than not. I don't know what happened there, but they better get that shit fixed for 2K13. It was infuriating to play perfect D only to have some scrub hit a 3 right in your face.

TMacMagic
08-10-2012, 01:29 PM
Collision looks super realistic and you can now legit break someones ankes in this game! :rockon:

Maniak
08-10-2012, 01:34 PM
honestly i hope they really fix association. it's really close to being a good mode but i think they need to borrow from other sports franchises ideas on how to make it really good.

Rake2204
08-10-2012, 02:29 PM
Some clips of the new defensive foot movements and body contact:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Lexdiamond/GIFS/Defense.gif

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/Lexdiamond/GIFS/Defense-2.gif

Again, these are clips brought to us by 2K themselves, so of course they're going to be absolutely ideal for what they want to point out, but I do find it encouraging to see the defense react through picking up their feet and moving them, as opposed to the warping and sliding of a year ago.

Also, there seems to be contact, but no drawn out contact animations, just the animation of the contact itself. I think that'll be very noticeable if truly implemented correctly.

Heavincent
08-10-2012, 02:54 PM
http://briantong.blogspot.com/2012/08/b-teezys-nba-2k13-hands-on-preview-i.html

Really good read. I'm pretty pumped about 2K13 now.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-10-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm not too excited about right stick dribbling. I like the ability to manually bounce pass though. But the only thing is they have to tone down the CPU reaction times. CPU defenders don't have to anticipate. The moment you indicate a shot or a pass on your controller they automatically react accordingly. It's the reason why sometimes CPU defenders will steal a pass literally the second it leaves your hands. Or you'll get blocked before the ball even leaves your hands.

stallionaire
08-10-2012, 07:16 PM
honestly the soundtrack for 2k13 is going to be the best soundtrack for a sports game ever. dirty projectors song, justice, hov's freestyle, great kanye tracks, phoenix song, etc etc

GOAT soundtrack

Clippersfan86
08-11-2012, 12:47 AM
**** Live... they got SHOOK hard by 2K once again. After reading all of these improvements I'd be a fool not to buy 2K.

Clippersfan86
08-11-2012, 12:53 AM
Damn they got "Victory" track. GOAT video game track for getting you pumped. It was on Fight Night 3. Whenever that song played for my fighters intro I got pumped to **** somebody up. Biggy kills that track.

Heavincent
08-11-2012, 01:00 AM
**** Live... they got SHOOK hard by 2K once again. After reading all of these improvements I'd be a fool not to buy 2K.

Yeah, as much issues as 2K has, I like them a lot because they really are committed to making a great basketball simulation and they have drastically improved throughout the years. Like the difference between 2K12 and 2K7 is MASSIVE. Is there really that big of a difference/improvement between Madden 07 and Madden 12? Not really.

2K13 has all time great sports game potential. You can tell they've been listening to the community.

Clippersfan86
08-11-2012, 01:02 AM
Yeah, as much issues as 2K has, I like them a lot because they really are committed to making a great basketball simulation and they have drastically improved throughout the years. Like the difference between 2K12 and 2K7 is MASSIVE. Is there really that big of a difference/improvement between Madden 07 and Madden 12? Not really.

2K13 has all time great sports game potential. You can tell they've been listening to the community.

EA sucks dick and everybody knows that. They bought Mass Effect and ****ed up my favorite game series ever. I can't even bring myself to really go back and play the games again which is sad as fu**. It's sad seeing Live fold under pressure so many times in recent years. If the word "shook" ever fit anywhere perfectly it's here. 2K11's previews were so incredible that it punched Live in the mouth, forced them to quit and they never got up.

Burgz V2
08-11-2012, 01:20 AM
technical fouls might be in the game??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Maniak
08-11-2012, 01:27 AM
Do you believe every new CoD will be the best ever too?

This game is still probably in alpha, at best beta, and you haven't played it.

Burgz V2
08-11-2012, 01:30 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4976590/Derrick_Rose_gallery_post.jpg

anyone else notice the Facebook logo in the back?

possible Facebook integration with 2K?

man 2K really pulling out all the stops this year, Live better start putting out some info about the game or else no one is gonna care anymore lol

Heavincent
08-11-2012, 01:43 AM
man 2K really pulling out all the stops this year, Live better start putting out some info about the game or else no one is gonna care anymore lol

I don't think anyone really cared to begin with.

Burgz V2
08-11-2012, 01:51 AM
I don't think anyone really cared to begin with.

honestly i grew up on Live since Live 95, i bet a lot of people do tbh

Heavincent
08-11-2012, 01:53 AM
honestly i grew up on Live since Live 95, i bet a lot of people do tbh

Well I know I didn't.

Anyway, this gif is amazing

http://i.imgur.com/nVXFt.gif

Burgz V2
08-11-2012, 02:31 AM
Well I know I didn't.

Anyway, this gif is amazing

http://i.imgur.com/nVXFt.gif

whats great is rondo doesnt suddenly morph to the spot and initiate some crazy ass animation

and he got broken so bad he actually spins around which actually happens when you play ball

I hope help defense will be adjusted accordingly for these instances or else guys like Rose and Westbrook are gonna be super cheeeese lol

KDTrey5
08-11-2012, 02:34 AM
http://cdn1.sbnation.com/entry_photo_images/4976590/Derrick_Rose_gallery_post.jpg

anyone else notice the Facebook logo in the back?

possible Facebook integration with 2K?

live alrdy lost

BankShot
08-11-2012, 10:12 AM
http://briantong.blogspot.com/2012/08/b-teezys-nba-2k13-hands-on-preview-i.html

Really good read. I'm pretty pumped about 2K13 now.

Great read.... thanks.

Clippersfan86
08-11-2012, 01:17 PM
Do you believe every new CoD will be the best ever too?

This game is still probably in alpha, at best beta, and you haven't played it.

It's done. Live has failed to produce anything besides a few screen shots and it's already less than two months from launch. You seem to be a fellow gamer so you should know that when a game isn't releasing content to show off the game, it's a bust. This isn't a case of bad marketing either because we know EA is the richest company in the gaming industry. This is a case of Live showing a little bit of material and getting ripped apart at E3 for a half assed showing, only to vanish for two months with ZERO news and ZERO content info released.

Brujesino
08-11-2012, 03:03 PM
Clippersfan getting way too excited about a game that hasnt even came out yet?:eek:

This has never happened except for that time he made "Is Skyrim the greatest game of all time?" thread before Skyrim even came out.

Also when he said Mass Effect 3 would be the greatest game of our generation.

Also when he said he was hyped about NBA live 13

Clippersfan86
08-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Clippersfan getting way too excited about a game that hasnt even came out yet?:eek:

This has never happened except for that time he made "Is Skyrim the greatest game of all time?" thread before Skyrim even came out.

Hey I didn't hype 2K13 as anything though. All I'm saying is it sounds great and Live dropped the ball. I'm not declaring 2K13 to be a GOAT even among sports games. The reality is Live for the 3rd year in a row dropped the ball and 2K is going to once again dominate by default.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2012, 02:59 AM
I'm getting 2k13 for PC. I never understood why PC gamers were so arrogant but PC gaming really is superior. I downloaded 2k11 and on PC it looks WAY crisper and cleaner. On top of that there is more flexibility with mods, patches and tweaks to actual settings. I'm still using 360 controller+big screen too.

KDTrey5
08-12-2012, 03:02 AM
I'm getting 2k13 for PC. I never understood why PC gamers were so arrogant but PC gaming really is superior. I downloaded 2k11 and on PC it looks WAY crisper and cleaner. On top of that there is more flexibility with mods, patches and tweaks to actual settings. I'm still using 360 controller+big screen too.
the mods on pc are dope

ballup
08-12-2012, 03:13 AM
The one drawback of 2k on the PC is that the update comes months after the console ones.

KDTrey5
08-12-2012, 03:29 AM
The one drawback of 2k on the PC is that the update comes months after the console ones.
true. but its crispy now. got 2012 rookies already on the PC 2k12 w/ real faces and all

ukballer
08-12-2012, 03:46 AM
Only certain games I'd usually choose the PC version over the console version now. Which wasn't the case a few years ago.

Like ballup said, mods for the PC version are a lot slower to come, plus there always seems to be a lot more bugs to contend with. PC version isn't exactly a big sell for 2K compared to the PS3/360 versions. Plus it's also very dependent on your computer/laptop setup. If you're below or around the minimum recommended specs? You'll probably be battling FPS (frames per second, not to be confused with first-person shooter) issues most of the time, making gameplay close to impossible.

I haven't played 2K on a PC since 2K9, but I remember having all sorts of problems playing online then, don't know what it's like now.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2012, 03:49 AM
I'm getting a constant 100 FPS on max settings with my new gaming laptop. There are no drawbacks for somebody in my shoes to choosing PC over console. I'll still do some console gaming but any game that is multi platform I'll choose PC I think. Another couple bonuses are absolutely zero loading screens (probably due to my processing power) and usually PC games are 10 bucks cheaper new.

KDTrey5
08-12-2012, 03:56 AM
I'm getting a constant 100 FPS on max settings with my new gaming laptop. There are no drawbacks for somebody in my shoes to choosing PC over console. I'll still do some console gaming but any game that is multi platform I'll choose PC I think. Another couple bonuses are absolutely zero loading screens (probably due to my processing power) and usually PC games are 10 bucks cheaper new.
100 FPS? that shit cray.. i get like 50-60 on 2k12

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-12-2012, 11:10 AM
Me too. I'll get like 60 fps. It runs smoothly on my new laptop though. Only thing you have to deal with (in 2k12 at least) is the game crashing after the 1st and 3rd quarters sometimes. But I know how to fix that.

Clippersfan86
08-12-2012, 12:22 PM
100 FPS? that shit cray.. i get like 50-60 on 2k12

Lowest it's ever dropped for me is 88. Gotten up to 115. 60 is still great man. I found out most consoles get 30 to 40 fps.

Burgz V2
08-12-2012, 01:02 PM
Lowest it's ever dropped for me is 88. Gotten up to 115. 60 is still great man. I found out most consoles get 30 to 40 fps.

your PC a spaceship bro? lolllll

Clippersfan86
08-12-2012, 01:40 PM
your PC a spaceship bro? lolllll

What do you mean lol?

Burgz V2
08-12-2012, 06:21 PM
What do you mean lol?

your FPS are out of this world loll

Clippersfan86
08-12-2012, 07:11 PM
your FPS are out of this world loll
:oldlol: :bowdown:

Burgz V2
08-12-2012, 10:04 PM
:oldlol: :bowdown:

http://instantyeah.org/YEAH.JPG

anthonyRandolph
08-13-2012, 01:49 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WFMh18cxFE&list=UU7Fwho-r79mRFGU3xl8qsTQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Chief Keef
08-13-2012, 11:43 PM
Shout out to Derrick Rose. That nikka nice

Burgz V2
08-13-2012, 11:58 PM
true. but its crispy now. got 2012 rookies already on the PC 2k12 w/ real faces and all

yea ive seen the mods online, it even plays a lot better I hear

jaydacris
08-14-2012, 12:12 AM

:o

LuppersGB
08-14-2012, 07:39 AM

:o

They are doing the same with FIFA 13. Great addition, though techs gonna be flying about all over the place

Rake2204
08-14-2012, 09:55 AM
They are doing the same with FIFA 13. Great addition, though techs gonna be flying about all over the place
For 2K13, I heard they'll be limited to one per game, so no wild ejection sequences or anything like that. It seems they're treating it more like an Easter Egg than a feature.

GOBB
08-14-2012, 10:32 AM

Batman and nba2k12 as well :roll:

He reminds me of those info commercial dudes screaming loud on your tv to buy a product. Usually those come on when u leave tv on and fall asleep then wake up to the sounds of "OMG GUYS DI U SEE THAT? THE SUPER DUPER SQUEEGY SPONGY PICKED UP OIL IN ONE CLEAN SWOOP. NO RESIDUE LEFT BRHIND!!!"

Maniak
08-14-2012, 11:51 AM
It's done. Live has failed to produce anything besides a few screen shots and it's already less than two months from launch. You seem to be a fellow gamer so you should know that when a game isn't releasing content to show off the game, it's a bust. This isn't a case of bad marketing either because we know EA is the richest company in the gaming industry. This is a case of Live showing a little bit of material and getting ripped apart at E3 for a half assed showing, only to vanish for two months with ZERO news and ZERO content info released.
http://media.gtanet.com/gta-5/images/news/grand-theft-auto-5-logo.jpg

ace23
08-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Info and reviews starting to pour in.

http://www.theverge.com/gaming/2012/8/10/3231973/nba-2k13-preview

TL;DR:

- Dribble moves moved to right stick
- Better physics, less canned animations
- More organic, less floaty passing
- Hop step returns (B/O button depending on system)
- Signature skills give players different attributes (floor general, brick wall, etc.)

ace23
08-14-2012, 05:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2WFMh18cxFE&list=UU7Fwho-r79mRFGU3xl8qsTQ&index=1&feature=plcp
Yeah

Also, they added techs for Kinect users, better pass logic, manual bounce passing, and more according to the GI preview. Bruh, I'd pay to see Clippersfan on that Kinect. :roll:

Here's that preview:

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/nba_2k13/b/xbox360/archive/2012/08/10/25-things-we-know-about-nba-2k13.aspx

ace23
08-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Rake, do you know if that dude DaWolf going to gamescon this year?

Burgz V2
08-14-2012, 06:38 PM
Batman and nba2k12 as well :roll:

He reminds me of those info commercial dudes screaming loud on your tv to buy a product. Usually those come on when u leave tv on and fall asleep then wake up to the sounds of "OMG GUYS DI U SEE THAT? THE SUPER DUPER SQUEEGY SPONGY PICKED UP OIL IN ONE CLEAN SWOOP. NO RESIDUE LEFT BRHIND!!!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtespeLin2c

GOBB
08-14-2012, 08:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtespeLin2c

That looks like him :roll:

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 12:58 AM
Yeah

Also, they added techs for Kinect users, better pass logic, manual bounce passing, and more according to the GI preview. Bruh, I'd pay to see Clippersfan on that Kinect. :roll:

Here's that preview:

Get ISH to pitch in some dough and I'll make a video of me raging on Kinect. JK. No but really I do cuss like crazy at the TV when I play 2K lol. Especially when we were doing that POS online league and the CPU would drop like 20 straight on me with bullshit circus shots. I REALLY REALLY hope OA is improved so we can try another league that's good enough to where people won't drop out like flies.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 12:59 AM
http://media.gtanet.com/gta-5/images/news/grand-theft-auto-5-logo.jpg

I'm not trying to imply it's NEVER happened. Just that the fact that there was all this buzz about a big comeback for this year.... and zero news for over 2 months? Doesn't add up one bit.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 01:23 AM
All I truly care about is them fixing defense and making it to where you can sim ALL My Player games if you want. Last year their promised greatly improved D and yet you couldn't defend other players for shit. I want to be able to make a shutdown defender styled player in 2K and have it be a blast because right now it sucks ass. I want to be able to recreate Rodman for example.. or Ben Wallace.

Maniak
08-15-2012, 01:55 AM
yeah my player should be called me and my backpack. you cannot win a game if you try to just be a passive roleplayer. no matter what they don't do anything without always running everything through you.

Heavincent
08-15-2012, 02:14 AM
I think I'm one of the few 2K players that can't stand my player. I hate so many things about it. I don't know why it's the most popular mode in the game.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 02:19 AM
yeah my player should be called me and my backpack. you cannot win a game if you try to just be a passive roleplayer. no matter what they don't do anything without always running everything through you.

Yup... which always forced me back to either a PG or scorer (all positions). I tried to make a 6'7 Rodman clone and he sucked so bad it was laughable. May as well make scoring the only type.

Maniak
08-15-2012, 02:43 AM
I think I'm one of the few 2K players that can't stand my player. I hate so many things about it. I don't know why it's the most popular mode in the game.
i've hated it in every game it's been on. always loved association, a mode i don't think 2k gives quite enough love.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 02:45 AM
i've hated it in every game it's been on. always loved association, a mode i don't think 2k gives quite enough love.

My Player has the most potential of any mode and in theory should be the most interesting to everybody IMO. I think if they fix a lot of the flaws you guys may like it more. Adding interviews last year was a big step and I hope they expand that big time.

KDTrey5
08-15-2012, 02:47 AM
My Player has the most potential of any mode and in theory should be the most interesting to everybody IMO. I think if they fix a lot of the flaws you guys may like it more. Adding interviews last year was a big step and I hope they expand that big time.
i got bored fast, very repetitive

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 02:54 AM
i got bored fast, very repetitive

Which is why I said it needs to be expanded quite a bit and tweaked. They need to spice it up a lot, that's for sure. I agree that some things get boring fast. I LOVED the interviews for the first couple weeks but then when I started hearing them over and over it got old. Every once in a while I'd get a unique one that would crack me up (I always chose the cocky/asshole answers). For example....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX6J50bajT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F536FG22bfI&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNXHKGasm7Q&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jTrabGC9sUY&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q5hc9JZDIs&feature=relmfu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKyDjkmksuA&feature=related

BTW here is the biggest reason I'm getting 2K for PC noobs.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/nba-2k13/101479

Look at the price.

KDTrey5
08-15-2012, 02:56 AM
Which is why I said it needs to be expanded quite a bit and tweaked. They need to spice it up a lot, that's for sure. I agree that some things get boring fast. I LOVED the interviews for the first couple weeks but then when I started hearing them over and over it got old. Every once in a while I'd get a unique one that would crack me up (I always chose the cocky/asshole answers). Like when asked what I want to accomplish for example....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX6J50bajT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F536FG22bfI&feature=related

BTW here is the biggest reason I'm getting 2K for PC noobs.

http://www.gamestop.com/pc/games/nba-2k13/101479

Look at the price.
i love those. i always picked the cocky 1s too

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 03:05 AM
Damn if I get PC version I think I lose all star/dunk contest which is for My Player as well :(

KDTrey5
08-15-2012, 03:08 AM
Damn if I get PC version I think I lose all star/dunk contest which is for My Player as well :(
what? i thought PC was pretty much the same as xbox

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 03:09 AM
https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K

Check this out guys :eek: . Ronnie is saying a "huge" announcement is coming tomorrow morning at 11 am est/ 8 am pst that is going to blow the roof off. I'm seriously anxious as hell now.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 03:12 AM
what? i thought PC was pretty much the same as xbox

Posted on 2K's official forum... let's see what those guys say. If PC gets ASW as well.. it's a no brainer to get that version for me. 20 bucks cheaper, better graphics, mod capabilities. Only downside is 2K lags on PC patches... but that's not a huge deal for me.

KDTrey5
08-15-2012, 03:24 AM
Posted on 2K's official forum... let's see what those guys say. If PC gets ASW as well.. it's a no brainer to get that version for me. 20 bucks cheaper, better graphics, mod capabilities. Only downside is 2K lags on PC patches... but that's not a huge deal for me.
the mods smooth for me. didnt notice any lag

DUP
08-15-2012, 05:52 AM
I wonder if this is worthy at all, big announcement 11AM ET/8AM PT

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/235553313188376576

GOBB
08-15-2012, 09:34 AM
I wonder if this is worthy at all, big announcement 11AM ET/8AM PT

https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/235553313188376576

*drops $50 on table saying its not big news*

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 09:50 AM
https://twitter.com/Ronnie2K/status/208250696766722048

:( . I may skip the all star pack.. unless reviews claim it's amazing.

Rake2204
08-15-2012, 10:12 AM
Rake, do you know if that dude DaWolf going to gamescon this year?I haven't looked too closely, but I thought I read he was. It's this week, yeah?

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 10:15 AM
http://images.gamersyde.com/image_nba_2k13-20034-2512_0003.jpg

Posted this morning on a gaming website. This better not be the big announcement :facepalm . I couldn't give two shits about playing with the Dream Team. Where the F is Scottie?

Rake2204
08-15-2012, 10:53 AM

Posted this morning on a gaming website. This better not be the big announcement :facepalm . I couldn't give two shits about playing with the Dream Team. Where the F is Scottie?
Personally, if this is in fact the announcement today, I'd be quite excited indeed. From there, my logic tells me they'd have to have some sort of realistic competition for them (meaning some of their actual competition from that time or other Dream Teams). If it's just the Dream Team on their own, it'd still be cool, but my excitement would be tapered, for I'm a fan of at least semi-realism, and running those guys against, say, the 2013 Pacers wouldn't be particularly exciting for me.

And yes, where is Scottie?

Edit: It seems to have been confirmed. NBA 2K13 will feature the Dream Team and 2012 Team. I haven't heard any details beyond that though.

fpliii
08-15-2012, 11:10 AM

Barkley! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

has there been any discussion about the real-time physics? I've heard bits and pieces, but I'd like to see some clips

Heavincent
08-15-2012, 11:18 AM
Where the **** is Pippen? The classic Bulls teams will be ruined without him.

fpliii
08-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Where the **** is Pippen? The classic Bulls teams will be ruined without him.

from my understanding it has to do with licensing specifically for the Olympics team

He will not, however, appear on any other team in the game. When asked if that was because Barkley only agreed to an appearance for USA Basketball, or if the game was not returning or adding to its "NBA's Greatest" suite of classic games, Argent demurred. "We're going to talk a bit more about that as we start making more announcements," Argent said, "but Charles will just appear on that 1992 team."

source (http://kotaku.com/5934875/michael-jordan-and-the-dream-team-meet-the-2012-gold-medalists-in-nba-2k13)

NuggetsFan
08-15-2012, 11:28 AM

My favorite game mode. I got 2k12 a few weeks back and still alot of issues with it. I don't know about anybody else but unrealistic stats drive me nuts. Hate seeing FG% way above 50% or guy's putting up unrealistic numbers like Jamison averaging 25 points in Cleveland or AB tearing it up in Toronto like Dirk. It'd be amazing if they could get it near the NBA, like when you play your players efficiency is realistic + the rest of the league.

It'd be cool if they added better scouting for that mode. Like you could find out a guy's vertical or a guy's reach. Probably asking for to much but I'd really prefer a realistic sim game rather than an arcade like game. Doubt that ever happens because the masses would probably disagree.

ace23
08-15-2012, 12:32 PM
My favorite game mode. I got 2k12 a few weeks back and still alot of issues with it. I don't know about anybody else but unrealistic stats drive me nuts. Hate seeing FG% way above 50% or guy's putting up unrealistic numbers like Jamison averaging 25 points in Cleveland or AB tearing it up in Toronto like Dirk. It'd be amazing if they could get it near the NBA, like when you play your players efficiency is realistic + the rest of the league.

It'd be cool if they added better scouting for that mode. Like you could find out a guy's vertical or a guy's reach. Probably asking for to much but I'd really prefer a realistic sim game rather than an arcade like game. Doubt that ever happens because the masses would probably disagree.
Download some sim rosters from OS.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-15-2012, 01:08 PM
Lol PC gamers have had this already. All we're really getting is some new jersey textures, cyberfaces and 2 new jerseys?

2K hype machine does it again :oldlol:

Heavincent
08-15-2012, 01:11 PM
They're releasing another developer insight video in the next couple of days (probably Friday). That's when we get the good info.

clayton
08-15-2012, 02:53 PM
They gonna over-exaggerate old people again. I remember Larry Bird with the most hot spots in the game. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Heavincent
08-15-2012, 03:42 PM
[QUOTE] I had the opportunity to play an early build of NBA 2K13 for 2 hours today. My impressions are based on the demo code for Gamescom (5 minute quarter, Miami Heat vs. Oklahoma City Thunder, limited options/couldn

KDTrey5
08-15-2012, 04:22 PM
bullshit news. i already have the 92 dreamteam, boring.

GOBB
08-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Tat review doesnt blow me away. No mention of My Player or if Crew is back. Be nice if he does another writeup. Thanks for link.

Heavincent
08-15-2012, 04:48 PM
Tat review doesnt blow me away. No mention of My Player or if Crew is back. Be nice if he does another writeup. Thanks for link.

That stuff will come in September.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 07:18 PM
Lol PC gamers have had this already. All we're really getting is some new jersey textures, cyberfaces and 2 new jerseys?

2K hype machine does it again :oldlol:

Agree. Shitty letdown. Gobb called it though when he joked about how lame their "HUGE" announcement was going to be. I was hoping for a gameplay marvel not a freaking extra team :facepalm .

Burgz V2
08-15-2012, 09:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=MmiHoEbnsnQ

GAMEPLAY!!!!!

physics engine looks ok to me, not much to see from that video but seems like 2k12 with a physics engine pretty much

ballinhun8
08-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Don't wanna bag on you PC gamers but who do you think 2k is trying to get the sell from....?? The roughly 80% of us that play on the console or the 20% of you that mod your PC??

I mean there is going to be the possibility of playing as the original dream team versus this years over hyped team. More online players from consoles will get them their money.

I think its a neat thing but I never get let down. They've had me since 2k1 and have shown why they have been the superior product for over a decade now.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-15-2012, 10:16 PM
Don't wanna bag on you PC gamers but who do you think 2k is trying to get the sell from....?? The roughly 80% of us that play on the console or the 20% of you that mod your PC??

I play on both PC and console and I know they don't give a f*ck about PC gamers. :oldlol: It's why the All-Star Weekend mode isn't even on PC. Just because they pay less for the game.

But my point was that it's a pretty underwhelming announcement. It's the 2nd time 2K has hyped an announcement up and have it fall short of really impressing the hardcore fanbase. But with that being said, we have yet to see how it will all come together. But as of now, it isn't looking as great as 2K would have you believe.

Clippersfan86
08-15-2012, 11:00 PM

I mean there is going to be the possibility of playing as the original dream team versus this years over hyped team. More online players from consoles will get them their money.

I think its a neat thing but I never get let down. They've had me since 2k1 and have shown why they have been the superior product for over a decade now.

PC>Console for all other things BESIDES support with these games. Of course console is where most copies are sold so updates etc get to console first. Graphics, price, mods give PC the clear edge IMO and my recent experience with PC after years of console 2K has blown me away.

You don't realize that some of the mods are more than simply different looks etc. Some are programmers actually getting in their and improving the physics of the game and other big things like this.

ace23
08-15-2012, 11:07 PM
I play on both PC and console and I know they don't give a f*ck about PC gamers. :oldlol: It's why the All-Star Weekend mode isn't even on PC. Just because they pay less for the game.

But my point was that it's a pretty underwhelming announcement. It's the 2nd time 2K has hyped an announcement up and have it fall short of really impressing the hardcore fanbase. But with that being said, we have yet to see how it will all come together. But as of now, it isn't looking as great as 2K would have you believe.
Gameplay improvements have sold me already tbh.

Mr. I'm So Rad
08-15-2012, 11:22 PM
Gameplay improvements have sold me already tbh.

I'll have to experience it first. I want to see if physics and everything apply for the CPU when you turn up the difficulty or if they can still just do impossible shit because they want to win.

DirkNowitzki41
08-15-2012, 11:23 PM
wow.. nice "huge" news :rolleyes: