View Full Version : LOL We Got 2nd Pick

Timmeh
05-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Lost out to the Hornets of all teams.

So who do we go for? Sullinger? Jones?

Either way, we're ****ed.

NBA2k-Monster23
05-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I say we go MKG or Bradley Beal. Drummond has bust written all over him.

veilside23
05-31-2012, 01:50 AM
its ok bismack is as good as davis when it comes to shot blocking and rebounding .... what you need is a player that could really set the difference ... i dont know who .... i think you can package that with dj augustine +2nd pick to possible get i dont know who .. but goodluck...

ukballer
05-31-2012, 03:39 AM
Could Sullinger play the 4 spot? He's a little undersized for the 5 spot at the NBA level I think, but have ready he might not be agile enough to play PF.

You probably can tell I've only watched him play a few times. :oldlol:

Do you think Thomas Robinson would be a decent pick?

rufuspaul
05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
We all thought the system was rigged when Cleveland got the #1 pick when homeboy LeBron was in the draft. We all knew it was rigged when Chicago beat all the odds to land Rose. Stern obviously had a deal with Benson: buy the Hornets and you'll get the #1 pick and an all-star game. Makes me want to vomit.

:rant :banghead: :mad: :( :cry:

obonpaxis
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
I think a Biyombo/Robinson frontcourt could be intriguing. Theoretically their games compliment each other pretty well.

Theoretically...

Timmeh
05-31-2012, 08:25 PM
I'll say it here first:

Bismack is a younger Diop.

What.

veilside23
06-01-2012, 12:44 AM
BARNES... ;)

trade dj since this is a weak point guard draft to get another lottery pick ...

acidbasesalt
06-01-2012, 01:04 AM
BARNES... ;)

Speaking of Augustin, I hope Chicago can take him in exchange for the pick we gave up from the trade for Tyrus Thomas. Rose won't return to game shape for probably another full year so we have a chance to "erase" one of our past mistakes.

veilside23
06-01-2012, 08:55 PM
do you take mkg or barnes... ?

or trade the pick...

el gringos
06-02-2012, 03:38 AM
BARNES... ;)

dj augustin for a lottery pick? you werent being serious right?

LJJ
06-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I'll say it here first:

Bismack is a younger Diop.

What.

That's not very optimistic, is it? I wasn't sold on drafting Biyombo, I'm never sold on drafting any ultra-raw prospect. But Biyombo last season was significantly better than any season of Diop's.

Timmeh
06-02-2012, 12:27 PM
I know its not optimistic, but the reason Diop got as much money as he did is because he had promising seasons in his first couple of years like Biyombo did.

acidbasesalt
06-02-2012, 08:10 PM
I know its not optimistic, but the reason Diop got as much money as he did is because he had promising seasons in his first couple of years like Biyombo did.

Which is what the front office decided to do with Tyrus Thomas two seasons ago.

Biyombo, imo if he can be as good as a young Okafor he'll be a solid pick, but having said that, he does have a long way to go.

Anyway I think Thomas will bounce back next year. Last year's lockout really damaged this team beyond imagination. No summer camp, no full length training camp, no conditioning for many players, and it appeared as though some players just forgot how to play basketball.

liverpooty
06-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Unless averaging 2 pts 4 rebounds and a block a game is a promising season than Diop didn't have a promising season in his career until he averaged 2 points 1.8 blocks and 4.5 rebounds with the Mavs in 06. Kind of a bad comparison.

Hope you are joking about taking Sullinger or Jones with the 2nd pick also.

rufuspaul
06-04-2012, 08:14 AM
There was an interesting interview with Rich Cho on the radio Fri. He talked about how the rebuilding went with OKC. After taking Durant at #2 they only won 20 games. Then they take Westbrook in the draft and start the season 3-29 with Westbrook leading the league in turnovers. They ended up winning 23 games and back in the lottery. His point was that it takes some time with young players.

liverpooty
06-04-2012, 03:50 PM
Patience, and luck will be the most important factors in us rebuilding. If we were to go out and throw some money at some good free agents there is a good chance we will be right back where we were at contending for an 8 seed every year, which is purgatory. Keep drafting young talent, and then when the time is right strike at some good free agents. For now I'm content with spending whatever the minimum is allowed by the league and just continuously shedding bad contracts and getting good draft picks.

idizzle
06-04-2012, 06:43 PM
I'm hearing the Cats might take Thomas Robinson from Kansas.

rufuspaul
06-05-2012, 08:04 AM
I'm hearing the Cats might take Thomas Robinson from Kansas.

He and MKG seem to be the ones most mentioned at #2 right now.

Quizno
06-07-2012, 05:00 AM
i realllyyyy hope we take MKG, that guy's work ethic and leadership abilities will be critical in developing this young team

call me crazy but i think robinson and gilchrist will both be better players than anthony davis

rufuspaul
06-07-2012, 08:40 AM
i realllyyyy hope we take MKG, that guy's work ethic and leadership abilities will be critical in developing this young team

call me crazy but i think robinson and gilchrist will both be better players than anthony davis

I'm starting to feel that way too. Maybe we're both crazy. :oldlol:

~spectre~
06-12-2012, 09:59 AM
I'm finding myself more & more in Robinson's camp. I've been trying not to fall in love with anyone, but his drive and toughness is sorely needed.

liverpooty
06-15-2012, 12:38 AM
No telling what in the hell we will do on draft night. Could keep the pick (becoming unlikely). Trade back, trade for another player (James Harden and Rudy Gay rumors flying around). Should be a fun night.

Timmeh
06-15-2012, 02:57 PM
Dooood...I'd be so happy if we got Harden. Honestly, I wouldn't care if we lost 70 games next year. I love Harden.

veilside23
06-16-2012, 08:55 AM
Dooood...I'd be so happy if we got Harden. Honestly, I wouldn't care if we lost 70 games next year. I love Harden.

harden ? not bad but i think mkg or barnes can be better than harder...

Timmeh
06-16-2012, 09:25 AM
Well...what if we got Harden, then traded the 31st and some other stuff to get back in the early teens or single digit picks?

~spectre~
06-18-2012, 07:42 AM

Ditto. IMO landing Harden out of that 2nd pick would be like winning the lottery.

rufuspaul
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Ditto. IMO landing Harden out of that 2nd pick would be like winning the lottery.

I think Rudy Gay would be a better fit, but his contract is a behemoth.

~spectre~
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
I think Rudy Gay would be a better fit, but his contract is a behemoth.

In regards to "fit" and "need" you're probably right, but after a 7 win season I don't think those come into it very much. Henderson might break out but he might not. Hardin's odds of being that go to guy are much higher plus he'll help distribute the ball (fit going the other way...it'd help Kemba and the team overall). He also is a 3 point threat...39% this past season.

I like Gay, but there's just something about him (other than the horrendous contract!) that tells me he's just not the guy. I'm not going to dismiss him, but it's there regardless.

rufuspaul
06-20-2012, 10:16 AM
After Hardin's performance last night I'm not so sure we should trade the pick, lol. Dick Vitale said this morning that Thomas Robinson was the most NBA ready pick in the draft. I'm curious to see how he and Drummond work out on Friday.

~spectre~
06-20-2012, 04:28 PM
After Hardin's performance last night I'm not so sure we should trade the pick, lol. Dick Vitale said this morning that Thomas Robinson was the most NBA ready pick in the draft. I'm curious to see how he and Drummond work out on Friday.

They're also calling Robinson the "safe" pick.

Normally I'm one to swing for the fences (loved Bismack pick last year) but this time around I'm leaning towards safe.

liverpooty
06-26-2012, 12:22 AM
I think all of the picks in the top 4 are relatively safe, and will be solid players in the league.

Only pick that I think would be swinging for the fences would be Drummond, and I want no part of him at all.