PDA

View Full Version : JR Smith STAYS HIGH

iDunk
05-31-2012, 01:19 PM
http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/56352/we-got-pics-of-nba-player-j-r-smith-smoking-a-fat-blunt-he-better-start-taking-that-golden-seal-now-cause-a-drug-test-is-coming.html

http://i50.tinypic.com/2rggkqv.jpg

http://i48.tinypic.com/2afaohx.jpg

I still wouldn't mind him being a Knick.

Matty2Cool
05-31-2012, 01:20 PM
looks like a handrolled tobacco cigarillo

iDunk
05-31-2012, 01:21 PM
looks like a handrolled tobacco cigarillo
:lol , what are the chances of that. Like honestly.

Its obviii a blunt.

stallionaire
05-31-2012, 01:25 PM
My n.igguh love a blunt in the off season. My dude.

Brickz187
05-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Got to do what you got to do to. Salute.

TylerOO
05-31-2012, 01:27 PM
Not a big deal as long he ain't doing it before games lol

iDunk
05-31-2012, 01:35 PM
Not a big deal as long he ain't doing it before games lol
http://i49.tinypic.com/2a0cosy.png

TMT
05-31-2012, 01:36 PM
It was probably hard for him not to toke up after every Knicks game this season.

:pimp:

It's A VC3!!!
05-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Smoking a blunt is the same as smoking a cigarette now. It's pretty much the norm for not just althetes, but teenagers and adults too. The picture shouldn't be shocking, but it is hilarious.

Bigsmoke
05-31-2012, 01:54 PM
I was getting high last night.

Weed doesnt burn that way when u inhale it.

Thats tobacco RG.

It's A VC3!!!
05-31-2012, 01:58 PM
I was getting high last night.

Weed doesnt burn that way when u inhale it.

Thats tobacco RG.

The second picture looks like tobacco actually. Your right.

What I don't get is who the hell is scouting JR. Smith and taking pictures of his activities?

Damn losers.

Scholar
05-31-2012, 02:02 PM
Maybe I'm tripping but from my past experiences of toking daily, that doesn't look like a blunt. :confusedshrug:

I'm not surprised, though, if it is J.R. Smith smoking a blunt instead of tobacco. Hell, I'm sure everyone remembers Josh Howard admitting that plenty of NBA players smoke the reefer during the off-season, right?

Stephen Curry
05-31-2012, 02:14 PM
i enjoy one every now and then, but jr work on ur game son!

CavaliersFTW
05-31-2012, 02:24 PM
I heard he buys his herb (as do many players) from Mike Miller, is that true?

Styles p
05-31-2012, 02:26 PM
I heard he buys his herb (as do many players) from Mike Miller, is that true?
probably, white boys always have the best weed.

HylianNightmare
05-31-2012, 03:14 PM
good for him man, enjoy your offseason

Talent
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM
Smoking a blunt is the same as smoking a cigarette now. It's pretty much the norm for not just althetes, but teenagers and adults too. The picture shouldn't be shocking, but it is hilarious.

It is not the norm....no matter how many times you say it.

markymark
05-31-2012, 03:42 PM
Damn, I'm jelly. Gonna smoke up one when I get home later!

Btw, any idea what Mike Miller sells? Must be some pricey Cali kush.

kurple
05-31-2012, 04:15 PM
how is this a surprise?

colorz
05-31-2012, 04:32 PM
I'm pretty sure a lot of NBA players smoke a couple blunts during the offseason

Sarcastic
05-31-2012, 04:37 PM
http://www.opposingviews.com/sites/default/files/featured_image/bardo.jpg

Clutchinari
05-31-2012, 05:03 PM
Sooo, I think everyone is forgetting how many nba players smoke mary Jane both during the season and in the offseason.

It's really not a big deal.

SCdac
05-31-2012, 05:04 PM
Who doesn't smoke bud? .... shit should be legal

StroShow4
05-31-2012, 05:21 PM
Well that explains his shot selection.

bagelred
05-31-2012, 06:20 PM
I honestly can't believe this guy is going to be a Knick for a very long time. This sucks. This Dolan/Grumwald/Woodson/Melo/Amare/Smith combination is not promising.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:28 PM
Let's go with the cliche idea that pot smokers are lazy and stupid. Well then what the hell do you call the weirdo who's standing outside his house and taking pictures? :oldlol:

StroShow4
05-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Let's go with the cliche idea that pot smokers are lazy and stupid. Well then what the hell do you call the weirdo who's standing outside his house and taking pictures? :oldlol:

A hustler. The guy probably sold that picture for a few bucks.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
A hustler. The guy probably sold that picture for a few bucks.

Or his drug dealer. "I'll give you 20% off if you let me take a picture and sell it to the local media outlet, JR."

SCdac
05-31-2012, 06:32 PM
our "commander in chief" (pun intended) was getting blazed as much as anybody when he was close to Smith's age.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XEt44kb-bRM/Tvpt9gkefBI/AAAAAAAAAcU/CLYjE9ZUb_A/s640/obama.jpg

50inchvertical
05-31-2012, 06:36 PM
Actually it's LESS, not at all in fact, harmful to your body than a cigarette though.

And it's no surprise or secret to me. I know a guy who was a concierge at the Colcord hotel in OKC and had to kick JR Smith and his "girlfriend" out last season during the OKC-DEN series because they were toking so much it smoked up the entire building, even after he went up there and put 4 Ozonators in Smith's room.

And nobody would pay money for a picture of a D list NBA player smoking weed.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:37 PM
Actually it's LESS, not at all in fact, harmful to your body than a cigarette though.

And it's no surprise or secret to me. I know a guy who was a concierge at the Colcord hotel in OKC and had to kick JR Smith and his "girlfriend" out last season during the OKC-DEN series because they were toking so much it smoked up the entire building, even after he went up there and put 4 Ozonators in Smith's room.

No, moron, smoking marijuana is harmful to your body. To think otherwise means you are an inbred retard.

nathanjizzle
05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
weed doesnt ash that long. its tobacco, dont get your panties in a bunch.

ILLsmak
05-31-2012, 06:43 PM

Maybe if you're black...

Not to sound racist. But when I smoked as a teen we smoked blunts, but it was mostly because of the crowd I hung around with. Later on when I got that super super high grade and still was rolling blunts people were like A. U WASTEFUL or B. I HATE BLUNTS.

It's like o well.

Most people, I'd say, smoke inside of their house with a bowl or a bong. I bet most of the people who smoke as teens these days couldn't even roll a blunt.

-Smak

ILLsmak
05-31-2012, 06:44 PM

lol... this is also FALSE. It depends on how hard you are hitting it, it will cherry and when the cherry is not being hit it will look like ash.

-Smak

Eric Cartman
05-31-2012, 06:47 PM
lmao thread bookmarked.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:48 PM
Maybe if you're black...

Not to sound racist. But when I smoked as a teen we smoked blunts, but it was mostly because of the crowd I hung around with. Later on when I got that super super high grade and still was rolling blunts people were like A. U WASTEFUL or B. I HATE BLUNTS.

It's like o well.

Most people, I'd say, smoke inside of their house with a bowl or a bong. I bet most of the people who smoke as teens these days couldn't even roll a blunt.

-Smak

Why would you take the time to roll a blunt when you could use a bong or vaporize that shit? Not only are you saving time, but you'll be smoking more efficiently. Don't kid yourself, the only reason ANYONE bothers to roll joints is to look cool. :coleman:

brownmamba00
05-31-2012, 06:52 PM
smoking out of a bong outside looks awkward. if i'm smoking indoors i'll hit the bong tho because the smell doesn't linger as much.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:54 PM
This is all hypothetical of course, but if you want to get really high, cook brownies. That shit will get you baked... for a long-ass time.

50inchvertical
05-31-2012, 06:57 PM
No, moron, smoking marijuana is harmful to your body. To think otherwise means you are an inbred retard.
No it isn't. It is illegal for political reasons. That's actually the main reason it is so easy to test for. Your body doesn't push it out of you because it's not doing anything negative. Conversely, you can do meth or crack, and pass a drug test in 5 days

ILLsmak
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
Why would you take the time to roll a blunt when you could use a bong or vaporize that shit? Not only are you saving time, but you'll be smoking more efficiently. Don't kid yourself, the only reason ANYONE bothers to roll joints is to look cool. :coleman:

See this is exactly it. lol.

You are not saving time for one. You can put more weed in a blunt. It takes literally a minute or two to roll a B unless your weed is so shitty that you are pulling all kinds of trash and seeds out of it.

Then you have to account for re-loading shit and how it never really tastes good to hit anything after the first hit. So, you basically just have to load 1 hitters.

As for vaporizers or other large things, are you going to just carry them around with you? Take them on trips?

I would smoke a B (if I still smoked) because you can sit outside and watch nature, you can take it anywhere with you. You can say I'm gonna go walk around the neighborhood at night and smoke this B. If your B is real tobacco then it's going to burn much better, too.

I've heard a lot of shit talking from people who smoke out of pieces. I have and will smoke out of a piece, too, but those are the same kids that start dying after a couple hits on the blunt. And no we're not talking about joints... actual tobacco paper. It's different, and IMO better.

-Smak

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:59 PM
No it isn't. It is illegal for political reasons. That's actually the main reason it is so easy to test for. Your body doesn't push it out of you because it's not doing anything negative. Conversely, you can do meth or crack, and pass a drug test in 5 days

... No, it's bad for your body, period. You're smoking that shit. It ****s up your lungs. To think otherwise is ignorant and just plain stupid. I can't believe ANYONE would think otherwise.

50inchvertical
05-31-2012, 07:01 PM
People dying from smoking weed?

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
People dying from smoking weed?

I'm going to assume you're trolling, or else you had a redneck "Edukatshoon" and didn't learn about the harmful effects of smoking. :roll:

ILLsmak
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
heh, well... smoking weed is bad for you. It depends on how much you smoke and what kind of weed. But if you smoke a lot, you're going to be robbing yourself of oxygen. That's a very base-level effect of smoking. It'll **** with your whole ability to absorb nutrients, make your hair fall out, skin dry... etc etc.

Then if your brain is predisposed to mental illness, there is a lot of research about how weed can push you into a near-schizophrenic state. I also believe this because I've been there. People who say weed isn't bad for you aren't smoking the same shit or as much.

If we're talking about smoking on special occasions, then no it's not bad for you... just the same as drinking on special occasions isn't bad for you, but smoking weed daily is definitely bad for you.

-Smak

theaussieguy
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
smoking anything is harmful but lets get some studies up in this sh!t

Harvard study showed that for people who smoke on average a joint a week without tobacco, there is really no increased risk of lung cancer or any cancer for that matter despite smoking it for over 40 years.

They found that the opposite is true for tobacco smokers.

There was also a correlation between those who smoke both which suggests that marijuana can help precent lung cancer if you smoke tobacco.

If you smoke weed just by itself though, the chance of getting lung cancer is actually very low. Weed is also known to stave of certain cancers, shrink cancerous tumours. Its very obvious why it is illegal because weed>any treatment used to manage cancer for those who are slowly dieing from it.

If they had weed, they wouldn't buy the pharmecuitals and they would lose money.

The best way is to just vapourise sh!t and enjoy all the benefits and none of the risks, unless of course it triggers anxiety. Other than that you can get high until you die without any effect on your health.

Brain washers gon brain wash.

50inchvertical
05-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Cigarettes with tar, gas, ammonia, carcinogens, etc. in it. Marijuana, not so much.

SCdac
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
I would smoke a B (if I still smoked) because you can sit outside and watch nature...

LOL... quoted for truth

as for smoking preferences... well, it's all preference... No form prevails IMO.

Vaporizers and dabs are probably the healthiest ways to smoke, outside of making cannabis butter/oil and using it in food.

Not a fan of cigar papers, though as you mentioned it's portable and disposable.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
05-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Cigarettes with tar, gas, ammonia, carcinogens, etc. in it. Marijuana, not so much.

It can f*ck with your lungs though. Proven fact actually.

CelticBaller
05-31-2012, 07:11 PM
it can still fvck you up

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 07:13 PM
smoking anything is harmful but lets get some studies up in this sh!t

Harvard study showed that for people who smoke on average a joint a week without tobacco, there is really no increased risk of lung cancer or any cancer for that matter despite smoking it for over 40 years.

They found that the opposite is true for tobacco smokers.

There was also a correlation between those who smoke both which suggests that marijuana can help precent lung cancer if you smoke tobacco.

If you smoke weed just by itself though, the chance of getting lung cancer is actually very low. Weed is also known to stave of certain cancers, shrink cancerous tumours. Its very obvious why it is illegal because weed>any treatment used to manage cancer for those who are slowly dieing from it.

If they had weed, they wouldn't buy the pharmecuitals and they would lose money.

The best way is to just vapourise sh!t and enjoy all the benefits and none of the risks, unless of course it triggers anxiety. Other than that you can get high until you die without any effect on your health.

Brain washers gon brain wash.

It's obviously bad for you, but medicine isn't an exact science and what causes problems for one person won't for another. It basically comes down to genetics and whether you got the right side of the coin flip. Still, marijuana has its risks. Smoking obviously doesn't help your lungs out, and there are studies that link marijuana with bringing out symptoms of schizophrenia in predisposed individuals.

On the whole I agree with you, though. A lot of these studies don't mean shit. People like to say marijuana's a gateway drug, but really I think marijuana just attracts a certain type of personality, and it just so happens that some of those people happen to try harder drugs. The same could be said about school or whatever. The economy is shit and people are having trouble finding jobs, but a lot of those people who can't find work slacked off in college or didn't learn how to socialize and network. People just like to blame the system, when 9/10 it's their ****ing fault.

ILLsmak
05-31-2012, 07:14 PM
LOL... quoted for truth

as for smoking preferences... well, it's all preference... No form prevails IMO.

Vaporizers and dabs are probably the healthiest ways to smoke, outside of making cannabis butter/oil and using it in food.

Not a fan of cigar papers, though as you mentioned it's portable and disposable.

lol, something about smoking outside, man... if I'm ever at a really beautiful place I think, man it'd be cool to just sit here with no one else around and smoke a B. I guess I'm forever stained.

Edit: also don't understand these studies where people are smoking one joint a week. Who does that? Maybe people in college who are just like sure I'll hit it at a party. Anyone who thinks a study of people smoking one joint a week is indicative of what damage marijuana does is naive.

-Smak

Styles p
05-31-2012, 10:31 PM
lol what? it will get as long as it can till you flick it or it falls on its own.

Go Getter
05-31-2012, 10:39 PM
lol what? it will get as long as it can till you flick it or it falls on its own.
Co-sign.

G-train
05-31-2012, 10:42 PM
Smoking a blunt is the same as smoking a cigarette now. It's pretty much the norm for not just althetes, but teenagers and adults too.

Please.

Please.

bdreason
05-31-2012, 10:42 PM
NBA players smoke weed in the off-season!

NO WAY!!!

bdreason
05-31-2012, 10:47 PM
I'm going to assume you're trolling, or else you had a redneck "Edukatshoon" and didn't learn about the harmful effects of smoking. :roll:

Actually, recent studies have argued that smoking marijuana does not significantly increase chance of developing lung cancer. When compared to tobacco, it isn't even close. Some studies have even argued that light/casual use of marijuana can actually help the body to develop a protective effect against cancer.

Either way, trying to compare smoking marijuana to tobacco is laughable at best... which makes the fact that it's illegal hilarious. I guess that's what you get when Alcohol and Tobacco Corps. spend millions lobbying against legalization.

markymark
06-01-2012, 08:55 AM
Actually, recent studies have argued that smoking marijuana does not significantly increase chance of developing lung cancer. When compared to tobacco, it isn't even close. Some studies have even argued that light/casual use of marijuana can actually help the body to develop a protective effect against cancer.

Either way, trying to compare smoking marijuana to tobacco is laughable at best... which makes the fact that it's illegal hilarious. I guess that's what you get when Alcohol and Tobacco Corps. spend millions lobbying against legalization.

Co-sign baby. Never pass on grass! :rockon:

nathanjizzle
06-01-2012, 09:43 AM

no, weed is broken down into small clusters then rolled up, tabacco are even smaller strands that are cut lengthy so they intertwine, which is why tabacco ashes long untill you flick it. weed doesnt ash that long as in that picture, unless hes smoking some doo doo brown dried shake.

jp

DonD13
06-01-2012, 09:45 AM
and studies from the WTF institute in cooperation with the STFU have shown that those things depend on so many diffrent factors that there is no way off classifying objects simply to harmful/not harmful.

If you think about it, everything is harmful.....

DonD13
06-01-2012, 09:47 AM
and :roll: @ you guys trying to see whether it's weed in it from this 100 pixel picture

dunksby
06-01-2012, 09:49 AM
Good for him, I enjoy smoking pot as well, there is nothing wrong with it. Better than the useless habit of smoking cigarettes which has no positive effect anyway.

06-01-2012, 10:10 AM
It's obviously bad for you, but medicine isn't an exact science and what causes problems for one person won't for another. It basically comes down to genetics and whether you got the right side of the coin flip. Still, marijuana has its risks. Smoking obviously doesn't help your lungs out, and there are studies that link marijuana with bringing out symptoms of schizophrenia in predisposed individuals.

On the whole I agree with you, though. A lot of these studies don't mean shit. People like to say marijuana's a gateway drug, but really I think marijuana just attracts a certain type of personality, and it just so happens that some of those people happen to try harder drugs. The same could be said about school or whatever. The economy is shit and people are having trouble finding jobs, but a lot of those people who can't find work slacked off in college or didn't learn how to socialize and network. People just like to blame the system, when 9/10 it's their ****ing fault.

I am schizo affective and smoke weed constantly, it's actually quite helpful. And what does smoking marijuana do to your lungs exactly? You won't even get COPD, the worst you're gonna get is slightly less lung capacity. You talk like someone who believed DARE a little too much. You don't know what personality marijuana attracts trust me, you just know some stereotypical crap that you're regurgitating.

Btw BLUNTS are quite harmful, lots have many of the same chemicals that make commercial cigarettes so cancerous even when filled with 100% marijuana. Marijuana joint = essentially no risk, for all intensive purposes.

juju151111
06-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Show me the stats of people dying by Weed

SwayDizzle
06-01-2012, 10:32 AM
You can't overdose on weed, but that doesn't mean it can't be harmful. It has more psychological side effects than physical.

Styles p
06-01-2012, 11:33 AM
no, weed is broken down into small clusters then rolled up, tabacco are even smaller strands that are cut lengthy so they intertwine, which is why tabacco ashes long untill you flick it. weed doesnt ash that long as in that picture, unless hes smoking some doo doo brown dried shake.

jp
Are you serious right now? Those clusters are sticky and pressed together when rolled. And it's the paper that holds the ash on. I've been smoking daily for 9 years I've seen long ashes before. And how can you look at jr smith and say he doesn't smoke weed, honestly?

LA_Showtime
06-01-2012, 01:32 PM
I am schizo affective and smoke weed constantly, it's actually quite helpful. And what does smoking marijuana do to your lungs exactly? You won't even get COPD, the worst you're gonna get is slightly less lung capacity. You talk like someone who believed DARE a little too much. You don't know what personality marijuana attracts trust me, you just know some stereotypical crap that you're regurgitating.

Btw BLUNTS are quite harmful, lots have many of the same chemicals that make commercial cigarettes so cancerous even when filled with 100% marijuana. Marijuana joint = essentially no risk, for all intensive purposes.

Marijuana attracts all types of personalities. What I'm saying is that it just so happens a small percentage of that group happen to be predisposed to trying other drugs. The idea that marijuana's a gateway drug is a joke.

No, smoking is bad for you, period. It ****s up your lungs. There's a reason toking ****ing hurts, that shit's bad for you. :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
06-01-2012, 01:33 PM

I'm not saying that weed kills people, dipshit. What I'm saying is that SMOKING ****s up your lungs. It's not like it's any different from hookah, cigars, etc. Smoking is bad for you.

LA_Showtime
06-01-2012, 01:35 PM

All I'm saying is that it's not good for you. I do think the risks of smoking in general are overstated, though. I mean a lot of times it seems to be genetic, or else said person is just an unlucky mother ****er. To me, smoking marijuana is no riskier than driving without a seatbelt or doing other stupid shit, ya know?

StateOfMind12
06-01-2012, 04:11 PM
I find it hilarious how people think lung cancer is the only side effect to worry about when it comes smoking pot.

I'm sure pot has no other side effect. :rolleyes:

I'm not saying that weed kills people, dipshit. What I'm saying is that SMOKING ****s up your lungs. It's not like it's any different from hookah, cigars, etc. Smoking is bad for you.
This is true, any type of smoke will affect your lungs but marijuana without smoking still causes harm to people.

sagr32
06-01-2012, 04:16 PM
I find it hilarious how people think lung cancer is the only side effect to worry about when it comes smoking pot.

I'm sure pot has no other side effect. :rolleyes:

This is true, any type of smoke will affect your lungs but marijuana without smoking still causes harm to people.Outside of the potential health risks associated with smoking what other side effects are guaranteed to occur with a weed smoker? Marijuana like any other substance on earth affects everybody differently.

sick_brah07
06-01-2012, 08:19 PM
Outside of the potential health risks associated with smoking what other side effects are guaranteed to occur with a weed smoker? Marijuana like any other substance on earth affects everybody differently.

come on man ... i mean ive smoked it a few times my friends do it all the time, your def right when you say it affects everybody differently but to act like the smoke is the only affect is ridiculous, people that smoke weed you can often can notice there attention span and attention to details gets worse, they are simply sometimes not there when your talking to them... im no doctor but why does it seem like this happens mostly to people who light up a joint often....

scientist cant link weed to any cause of mental sickness or death... but then again 50 or 60 years ago they used to tell people who had a bad cough to smoke more tobaco, scientist simply dont know everything about the brain and how weed can affect it

Simple Jack
06-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Marijuana joint = essentially no risk, for all intensive purposes.

Intents and purposes....

CavaliersFTW
06-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Intents and purposes....
he was prob high as **** tho can u blame him? :lol

BrooklynZoo
06-01-2012, 09:15 PM
does this surprise anyone?..

CavaliersFTW
06-01-2012, 09:29 PM
http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/nba_weeds.jpg
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/James-Harden-Snoop.jpg
http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/1018/nba_g_warrick_395x262.jpg

LT Ice Cream
06-01-2012, 09:50 PM
Gets high and rides a bike around Manhattan. Sounds chill to me.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/j-r-smith-rode-bikes-fans-around-york-005503727.html;_ylt=Aivnu5rTqQx4pGbOYLfxsqW8vLYF

Mach_3
06-01-2012, 10:05 PM

I prefer smoking L's because bongs you have to keep repacking and **** and i've been hitting L's so long that it just feels most natural to me. Of course i'll smoke out of pretty much anything anyways :lol

Styles p
06-01-2012, 11:05 PM
http://www.tiricosuave.com/images/nba_weeds.jpg
http://espn.go.com/photo/2006/1018/nba_g_warrick_395x262.jpg
whats up with zbo's left leg it looks all frail and skinny.

StateOfMind12
06-02-2012, 01:48 AM
https://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/5344086a415411e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

I'm more than positive that is a joint on his left hand if you can see it, it is near his middle finger.

Harden was dumb enough to post that on his twitter.

chazzy
06-02-2012, 01:57 AM
https://distilleryimage2.s3.amazonaws.com/5344086a415411e180c9123138016265_7.jpg

I'm more than positive that is a joint on his left hand if you can see it, it is near his middle finger.

Harden was dumb enough to post that on his twitter.
I think that's a pocket zipper