PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis and His Family Disappointed He's Not Going To Charlotte

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 05:24 PM
:facepalm . Somebody smack this guy upside his fu**ing head and tell him that New Orleans is a SIGNIFICANTLY better situation for him! You don't say this kind of crap when you get drafted man.

[I]

blablabla
05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
there are actually people who want to play for charlotte :wtf:
wow just wow

Snoop_Cat
05-31-2012, 05:26 PM
I love how part of his reasoning is "my mom wanted me to go there", "my friends are in Charlotte". I've been both cities, and I much prefer Charlotte and is a whole lot nicer (other than Mardi Gras I suppose).

But from a basketball standpoint, New Orleans is CLEARLY the better choice. You've got a great player in Gordon, the 11th pick, and a new owner who will likely spend money AND a good coach. The fact that New Orleans won as many as it did WITH tanking at the end and with that roster without Gordon speaks volumes to me about Monty Williams.

Punpun
05-31-2012, 05:27 PM
As if playing for the freaking Hornets is a good prospect. :oldlol::roll::oldlol:

BlackWhiteGreen
05-31-2012, 05:27 PM
I like how he assumes he's the #1 pick. I'm sure other guys didn't just assume this, like he was talking about NO last night as though it was his team.

I know he WILL be number 1, just seems unnecessarily cocky to say that.

Snoop_Cat
05-31-2012, 05:28 PM
As if playing for the freaking Hornets is a good prospect. :oldlol::roll::oldlol:

Hornets will win double the games that Charlotte will next year, which albeit still won't be a lot. That difference in winning/losing can really have an effect on the mentality of someone.

Punpun
As if. Everybody in their right mind are calling him the #1 pick. EVERYONE.

Clippersfan86
I love how part of his reasoning is "my mom wanted me to go there", "my friends are in Charlotte". I've been both cities, and I much prefer Charlotte and is a whole lot nicer (other than Mardi Gras I suppose).

But from a basketball standpoint, New Orleans is CLEARLY the better choice. You've got a great player in Gordon, the 11th pick, and a new owner who will likely spend money AND a good coach. The fact that New Orleans won as many as it did WITH tanking at the end and with that roster without Gordon speaks volumes to me about Monty Williams.

Yup. BTW the pick is even better at number 10, not 11.

Punpun
05-31-2012, 05:29 PM
Hornets will win double the games that Charlotte will next year, which albeit still won't be a lot. That difference in winning/losing can really have an effect on the mentality of someone.

Who cares ? The Hornets are still a shitty team with no future.

Godzuki
i don't get or believe in the NO's hype. not saying they're worse than playing for the Bobcats, but some people act like NO's is going to be good soon which i don't see at all :confusedshrug:

Trentknicks
[QUOTE=Clippersfan86]:facepalm . Somebody smack this guy upside his fu**ing head and tell him that New Orleans is a SIGNIFICANTLY better situation for him! You don't say this kind of crap when you get drafted man.

[I]

Sarcastic
05-31-2012, 05:31 PM
That doesn't mean it's better down the line. A Davis-Biyombo front line could have been one of the best shot blocking tandems of all time.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 05:31 PM
i don't get or believe in the NO's hype. not saying they're worse than playing for the Bobcats, but some people act like NO's is going to be good soon which i don't see at all :confusedshrug:

Jarrett Jack= good PG
Eric Gordon= Potentially elite SG
Ariza/Aminu= solid, nothing special
Davis= One of the best prospects in years, best since Lebron and Griffin
Okafor/Kaman= Both very solid centers

Then you throw in the 10 pick, tons of cap, great young coach and new, exciting owner? You don't need to believe but mark my words... New Orleans is going to be a great team in a couple years.

Snoop_Cat
05-31-2012, 05:32 PM
Who cares ? The Hornets are still a shitty team with no future.

They're never going to be a title contender, but there's a lot of potential in being a 50-50 team or better. Charlotte on the other hand, is going to be a perennial bottom feeder especially since there's no true star after Davis.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 05:32 PM
:facepalm Way to create a biased story, there are plenty of stories on ESPN about how happy he is to go to New Orleans and that he is stoked he gets to play in the city he won the national championship.

:roll: Create a biased story? I posted an article I read :facepalm

colorz
05-31-2012, 05:33 PM
Charlotte will be a joke for a good 10 years unless they get someone amazing in the draft.

New Orleans has a new owner, a good coach, and not a horrible roster. I can see playoffs for them in the next 2-3 years

Punpun
05-31-2012, 05:35 PM
They're never going to be a title contender, but there's a lot of potential in being a 50-50 team or better. Charlotte on the other hand, is going to be a perennial bottom feeder especially since there's no true star after Davis.

There only are 82 games played in a season. Got your point. It's meaningless though. The only potential place that would have made him a contender in a few year, Maybe, Would have been the Wizards with Wall.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 05:36 PM
Charlotte will be a joke for a good 10 years unless they get someone amazing in the draft.

New Orleans has a new owner, a good coach, and not a horrible roster. I can see playoffs for them in the next 2-3 years

Exactly and depending on who they draft a trio of Gordon+Davis+10 pick can be serious contenders if they all hit max potential.

NBA2k-Monster23
05-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Well it's nothing we can do about it now. The ping pongs have landed so he now has to go to the Hornets. One day the Bobcats will get lucky and land a great prospect.

NBA2k-Monster23
05-31-2012, 05:37 PM

Ok man we get the picture.

Haymaker
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
That doesn't mean it's better down the line. A Davis-Biyombo front line could have been one of the best shot blocking tandems of all time.Correcto.

Snoop_Cat
05-31-2012, 05:38 PM
Well it's nothing we can do about it now. The ping pongs have landed so he now has to go to the Hornets. One day the Bobcats will get lucky and land a great prospect.

Knowing their luck, I doubt that haha.

Reverend Hoops
05-31-2012, 05:40 PM

:biggums:

Dude is a Camby clone.

hawkfan
there are actually people who want to play for charlotte :wtf:
wow just wow

Jamison wants to play there, but at least that makes sense.
He's from North Carolina and end his career there.
And Charlotte should be all over that - good player who would be a good locker room leader.

Punpun
>Since griffin

OH MY. THE BEST PROPSECT IN THE LAST 2 YEARS.

NumberSix
05-31-2012, 05:44 PM
Wow. Stay classy Tony.

Trentknicks
05-31-2012, 05:45 PM
Sorry I should have used the word perspective instead, there is alot of information to suggest he is more than happy playing for the Hornets.

"I won a national championship in New Orleans, so why not win another one in New Orleans?"

Davis flashed his championship ring again -- which he won in New Orleans.

Davis said he loved Michael Jordan and when asked Tuesday what he thought of when hearing Charlotte, he replied, "Jordan." When he was asked about New Orleans, his response was, "A national championship."

The memories are still fresh for Davis and the good vibes continue to flow between him and the Crescent City.
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7990882/anthony-davis-welcomes-chance-play-new-orleans-hornets

NBA2k-Monster23
05-31-2012, 05:46 PM
Knowing their luck, I doubt that haha.

Well you never know. I wouldn't talk so soon.

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 05:47 PM
Jarrett Jack= good PG

Then you throw in the 10 pick, tons of cap, great young coach and new, exciting owner? You don't need to believe but mark my words... New Orleans is going to be a great team in a couple years.

Your homerism is too much.

Are you forgetting Howard`? Rose? Westbrook? Wade? CP3? Bynum? Durant?

All of them better than Griffin.

Punpun
05-31-2012, 05:47 PM
They will end up with the TRUE next franchise player in the person of Nerlens Noel.

LJJ
05-31-2012, 05:49 PM
I like people who say what they feel, instead of some PC nonsense drivel.

anthonyRandolph
:biggums: says the knicks fan, didn't know people had the presence of mind to see 10 years down the line.

Eric Cartman
"I've never heard anyone say I'm going to New Orleans on vacation" - Anthony Davis

anthonyRandolph
05-31-2012, 05:51 PM
lmao thread bookmarked.

LamarOdom
"I've never heard anyone say I'm going to New Orleans on vacation" - Anthony Davis

Joakim Noah style!

Clippersfan86
Your homerism is too much.

Are you forgetting Howard`? Rose? Westbrook? Wade? CP3? Bynum? Durant?

All of them better than Griffin.

Sorry but no. Blake Griffin's rookie year was significantly better than the rest of the players you listed and nobody with a brain would question that. Many were arguing Griffin had a BETTER year than Lebron and the last rookie this good was Duncan... yet you're throwing out 10 and 10 Howard? Rose/Westbrook/Wade/CP3/Bynum and Durant didn't have all time great rookie years.

Nero Tulip
05-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Are you kidding? NO is in the West. There are 10 teams better than them, litterally every good team in the NBA except Miami and Chicago is in the West.

The Bobcats are 100 times more likely to become competitive in the near future, just because their competition is shit.

Reverend Hoops
05-31-2012, 05:53 PM
Sorry but no. Blake Griffin's rookie year was significantly better than the rest of the players you listed and nobody with a brain would question that. Many were arguing Griffin had a BETTER year than Lebron and the last rookie this good was Duncan... yet you're throwing out 10 and 10 Howard? Rose/Westbrook/Wade/CP3/Bynum and Durant didn't have all time great rookie years.

:coleman:

Best prospect = Best rookie year? :biggums:

Punpun
05-31-2012, 05:54 PM

Hahahaha, Lebron wasn't even the best rookie of his class. That title belongs to Melo. :oldlol:

Sarcastic
05-31-2012, 05:56 PM

Isn't Blake the only one whose game has regressed of those mentioned?

Eric Cartman
05-31-2012, 05:56 PM

Many people don't remember but Tyreke Evans rookie season has to be up there.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 05:57 PM

Griffin was an elite prospect. Regardless of our disagreement there... I'm just saying Anthony Davis is a superstar prospect. Dude has INCREDIBLE gifts. Before I laughed at the idea of him being KG 2.0 but after watching enough footage/clips the dude absolutely can be a KG 2.0. Not as good of a scorer but an even more dominant shot blocker and rim defender. Ben Wallace/KG hybrid.

DStebb716
05-31-2012, 05:57 PM
I like how he assumes he's the #1 pick. I'm sure other guys didn't just assume this, like he was talking about NO last night as though it was his team.

I know he WILL be number 1, just seems unnecessarily cocky to say that.

He knows. It's been said already. By New Orleans people themselves.

UtahJazzFan88
05-31-2012, 05:58 PM
I would rather live in Charlotte than New Orleans, been to both towns and absolutely hated New Orleans.

Sure Charlotte is pretty awful right now, but maybe Davis wants to turn the franchise around on his shoulders.

Punpun
05-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Many people don't remember but Tyreke Evans rookie season has to be up there.

Way better than Griffin. He is one of the only 6 guy to have such a GREAT season. 20, 5 and 5 I think.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:00 PM
Isn't Blake the only one whose game has regressed of those mentioned?

Griffin didn't regress at all. He took less shots, played less minutes and had a superstar+other starters added to his team. His efficiency went up and his defense improved. Expect a big year from him this year.

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 06:00 PM

You said prospect right? as in the having the best potential? And that you still stick with him having a chance to surpass Howard, Wade and Durant etc? Blake won't even reach 10% of Howards defense. I can see Blake Griffin being a 23/12 kind of player but his defense is horrible right now and I can't see him improve D and post game wnough to even be mentioned in the same sentance as Wade, Howard and Durant.

Answer this Q.

Do you see Blake Griffin ever having a better peak than Durant, Wade or Howard?

Sarcastic
05-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Griffin didn't regress at all. He took less shots, played less minutes and had a superstar+other starters added to his team. His efficiency went up and his defense improved. Expect a big year from him this year.

He played with the best PG in the game, and did worse :lol

:facepalm

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:05 PM
You said prospect right? as in the having the best potential? And that you still stick with him having a chance to surpass Howard, Wade and Durant etc? Blake won't even reach 10% of Howards defense. I can see Blake Griffin being a 23/12 kind of player but his defense is horrible right now and I can't see him improve D and post game wnough to even be mentioned in the same sentance as Wade, Howard and Durant.

Answer this Q.

Do you see Blake Griffin ever having a better peak than Durant, Wade or Howard?

Well.. Howard won 3 straight DPOY awards and was in MVP race two seasons. Wade won a finals MVP and has been in a few MVP races and Durant obviously runner up MVP twice now and 3 straight scoring titles. So Griffin doesn't need to have a better peak than them and I'm not sure he will. He can become a top 3-5 player no question if he hits his potential though.

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 06:07 PM
Well.. Howard won 3 straight DPOY awards and was in MVP race two seasons. Wade won a finals MVP and has been in a few MVP races and Durant obviously runner up MVP twice now and 3 straight scoring titles. So Griffin doesn't need to have a better peak than them and I'm not sure he will. He can become a top 3-5 player no question if he hits his potential though.

But you did say he was the best prospect since LeBron and Griffin, meaning you believe Griffin have a higher ceiling than Durant, Howard, Wade and a couple of more players.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:08 PM
He played with the best PG in the game, and did worse :lol

:facepalm

As I said... the proof is in the pudding. Less minutes, less shots, playing with significantly more talent is a perfect reason to have a slight decline in stats. 21/11/3 is still elite numbers and is still SUPERB for a 2nd year PF. You guys must have insane expectations if that is somehow a disappointing output for a 2nd year PF :oldlol: .

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:09 PM
But you did say he was the best prospect since LeBron and Griffin, meaning you belive Griffin have a higher ceiling than Durant, Howard, Wade and a couple of more players.

He was the best prospect coming out and in his rookie year IMO. Obviously things change. We've seen Durant improve in every category and Griffin no improve as rapidly as much expected so the jury is out. I think Griffin has more upside than Durant due to how raw he is.... but obviously we have no clue if he will hit it where as Durant IS hitting it now.

bdreason
05-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Kid is mad overrated. Sounds like his priorities are backwards too.

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
He was the best prospect coming out and in his rookie year IMO. Obviously things change. We've seen Durant improve in every category and Griffin no improve as rapidly as much expected so the jury is out. I think Griffin has more upside than Durant due to how raw he is.... but obviously we have no clue if he will hit it where as Durant IS hitting it now.

We'll see, I would be happy ofc who wouldn't want another great superstar in LA but for the sake of keeping it objective I won't hold my breath on him becoming better than Durant, Howard or Wade.

GOBB
05-31-2012, 06:14 PM
I dont have a single problem with what Anthony Davis said. :confusedshrug:

He didnt demand a trade to Charlotte. Charlotte was one of the teams that could have won the lottery. Just so happened to be a team he would have liked to play for. Anthony Davis isnt lookin at the situation like a fan. If he is as good as people claim he is? He could turn a franchise around with his impact regardless how pitiful it is.

bagelred
05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
:facepalm . Somebody smack this guy upside his fu**ing head and tell him that New Orleans is a SIGNIFICANTLY better situation for him! You don't say this kind of crap when you get drafted man.

Sounds to me like a guy who's settling for New Orleans rather than being happy about it. Charlotte is a hell hole right now. Hornets roster is literally 3 times better and it comes with a great young coach and eager to win new owner.

You realize situations/rosters change in a hurry right? You think he cares what the roster difference is right now?

And you really think winning is the most important thing on Davis' mind. He's JUST starting his career. He's like what 20 years old? Heh, he's being honest that he wanted Charlotte. Nothing wrong with that......

GOBB
05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
I would rather live in Charlotte than New Orleans, been to both towns and absolutely hated New Orleans.

Sure Charlotte is pretty awful right now, but maybe Davis wants to turn the franchise around on his shoulders.

Exactly. And if he is as good as everyone says he is "Anthony Davis sweepstakes, lock at #1, franchise stud!" then whats the problem? He gets to turn around a franchise and play in a place he wants to be (in front of family/friends). Not like he refuses to go to NOH and demands a trade.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:17 PM

He didnt demand a trade to Charlotte. Charlotte was one of the teams that could have won the lottery. Just so happened to be a team he would have liked to play for. Anthony Davis isnt lookin at the situation like a fan. If he is as good as people claim he is? He could turn a franchise around with his impact regardless how pitiful it is.

Fair enough. I don't have a problem per se... I just hope he sees from a basketball situation how lucky he is vs going to Charlotte.

UtahJazzFan88
05-31-2012, 06:17 PM

Exactly, and I bet the guy likes the Charlotte/NC area more so than New Orleans as well.

EDIT: Just seen you quote my post before I posted this lol. :oldlol:

colorz
05-31-2012, 06:18 PM

I don't think he's capable of that.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:18 PM
We'll see, I would be happy ofc who wouldn't want another great superstar in LA but for the sake of keeping it objective I won't hold my breath on him becoming better than Durant, Howard or Wade.

Me neither. I thought it was a sure thing... but obviously after this season I'm slightly more doubtful. I was half expecting him to turn into the next Malone already but people need to keep things in perspective. Let's see what he does this season after hearing so much criticism about his game.

DStebb716
05-31-2012, 06:21 PM

He wasn't talking to you. He was talking to the guy who wrote the story, and he's write. This fool made a bogus biased article.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:23 PM
Me neither. I thought it was a sure thing... but obviously after this season I'm slightly more doubtful. I was half expecting him to turn into the next Malone already but people need to keep things in perspective. Let's see what he does this season after hearing so much criticism about his game.

Griffin will be fine. At the very least he'll be a perennial all-star and all-NBA player. What more can you ask for? You just have to give him time. I told you before the season that he'd need a couple years to develop. My guess is he'll come back next year better than ever, probably with better fundamentals. Every hardworking superstar eventually makes that jump; Griffin just hasn't got there yet.

IGOTGAME
05-31-2012, 06:24 PM

I question why someone in their youth who would want charlotte over new orleans. New Orleans is a cool ass city with a personality while charlotte is a whole lot a nothing.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:26 PM
Griffin will be fine. At the very least he'll be a perennial all-star and all-NBA player. What more can you ask for? You just have to give him time. I told you before the season that he'd need a couple years to develop. My guess is he'll come back next year better than ever, probably with better fundamentals. Every hardworking superstar eventually makes that jump; Griffin just hasn't got there yet.

:applause: Thanks for the positive outlook. I agree. Not sure how a 2nd year PF puts up 21/11/3 on improved efficiency and people act like the guy is a role player. Either way.... back on the topic I believe Anthony Davis is going to be a GREAT player. You cant teach his length, athleticism, big hands etc. Combine that with a high IQ, desire to win and work ethic? Sky is the limit for him. Worse case scenario Camby/Chandler 2.0. Best case scenario KG with less scoring and better defense (which is scary because KG is an amazing defender).

UtahJazzFan88
05-31-2012, 06:28 PM
I don't think he's capable of that.

Yes but maybe Anthony Davis does and likes living in Charlotte better than New Orleans?

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes but maybe Anthony Davis does and likes living in Charlotte better than New Orleans?

I haven't been to either but from what I've seen/read/heard from people New Orleans is an AMAZING place to live and to visit. Not sure why Charlotte would be considered significantly better quality of living. New Orleans has legendary food, arguably the most interesting culture in the entire USA, more night life. I mean how is Charlotte better for a young player starting his career?

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 06:33 PM
I haven't been to either but from what I've seen/read/heard from people New Orleans is an AMAZING place to live and to visit. Not sure why Charlotte would be considered significantly better quality of living. New Orleans has legendary food, arguably the most interesting culture in the entire USA, more night life. I mean how is Charlotte better for a young player starting his career?

Duuhh, Nathan Scott the legendary basketball player lives there.

nathanjizzle
05-31-2012, 06:37 PM
i hope he sucks and gets kicked out of the nba, then his family would really be disappointed.

IGOTGAME
05-31-2012, 06:38 PM
This. I have gone out there the last 3 summers. It is one of my favorite cities.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:39 PM

Because it's below sea level. There's a reason it got Katrina'd. People seem to overlook that fact.

CelticBaller
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
maybe because he wants to become the face of the team like MJ to bulls

ukballer
05-31-2012, 06:41 PM
As a Bobcats fan, it makes me quite sad to hear that a possible future star (purely speculation, but I'm hopeful) actually wants to play for us, but is unlikely to land here.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:44 PM
Because it's below sea level. There's a reason it got Katrina'd. People seem to overlook that fact.

For sure.... but doesn't North Carolina get serious hurricanes too? I had a friend who lived there and they got a few every year according to her (If I recall correctly).

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:47 PM
For sure.... but doesn't North Carolina get serious hurricanes too? I had a friend who lived there and they got a few every year according to her (If I recall correctly).

There are just some places you'd rather visit than live at. New Orleans is one of them. Same with Vegas. New York, California, and Chicago are also on that list for some people.

anthonyRandolph
05-31-2012, 06:48 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wNnxpE79lMQ/ShSl9ByD3dI/AAAAAAAAAVU/BfrNipGCLQY/s400/natural+disaster+death+map.jpg

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 06:49 PM
I just read that in terms of hurricane frequency for the US.

1. Florida
2. Hawaii

3. Texas
4. North Carolina
5. Louisiana

So basically he's getting hurricanes in both places.

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 06:52 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_wNnxpE79lMQ/ShSl9ByD3dI/AAAAAAAAAVU/BfrNipGCLQY/s400/natural+disaster+death+map.jpg

That means nothing to me. I know New Orleans is like 8 feet below sea level (is that right?). I also know that played no role in Hurricane Katrina. It's still fun to laugh about it, though.

maybeshewill13
05-31-2012, 07:02 PM
Why would anyone be excited to go to Charlotte OR New Orleans? :lol

LA_Showtime
05-31-2012, 07:03 PM

These players are such bitches. The last thing I'd care about is where I'm playing. I'd be *********ing to my paystub.

SYM86
05-31-2012, 07:03 PM

Mardi gras?

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM

I can understand being excited over NO to some extent, Davis+Gordon+Aminu+10th pick.

IGOTGAME
05-31-2012, 07:04 PM
There are just some places you'd rather visit than live at. New Orleans is one of them. Same with Vegas. New York, California, and Chicago are also on that list for some people.

Really, people don't wanna live in New York and Chicago...That is crazy. These are two of the top places to live in assuming you got the funds.

anthonyRandolph
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
That means nothing to me. I know New Orleans is like 8 feet below sea level (is that right?). I also know that played no role in Hurricane Katrina. It's still fun to laugh about it, though.
death isn't funny.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 07:05 PM
I can understand being excited over NO to some extent, Davis+Gordon+Aminu+10th pick.

Plus Jarrett Jack is a good, underrated PG on the level of Kyle Lowry/Mike Conley. Not to mention a great young coach and new owner.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 07:06 PM
Really, people don't wanna live in New York and Chicago...That is crazy. These are two of the top places to live in assuming you got the funds.

Or California. I've lived here all my life and don't like not getting rain but SO many people move here.

anthonyRandolph
this one is almost too easy.

LA_Showtime

Not really. Like you said, New York City is really expensive to live in, and city life isn't for anyone. Same with Chicago. It's a big city and not everyone's into that. People like to make fun of the Indiana's and Oklahoma City's of the world, but they're good cities to grow up in and raise a family.

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 07:08 PM
Plus Jarrett Jack is a good, underrated PG on the level of Kyle Lowry/Mike Conley. Not to mention a great young coach and new owner.

Why the f'ck do I keep missing this guy he averaged like 16 ppg, 6apg on 46%.

How is he defensively?

IGOTGAME
05-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Not really. Like you said, New York City is really expensive to live in, and city life isn't for anyone. Same with Chicago. It's a big city and not everyone's into that. People like to make fun of the Indiana's and Oklahoma City's of the world, but they're good cities to grow up in and raise a family.

Or you can just live in New York City and transition to upstate New York or nice northern NJ suburb with 8 minute train ride to the most fun city in the country.

If we aren't talking about money, then most people in their 20s would enjoy NYC because it has so much to do there...

What seperates New Orleans from a lot of cities imo is that it is one of the few places in USA with such a rich unique culture. The people are really laid back, the music is great, the food is great and they have drive through frozen alcohol.

anthonyRandolph
05-31-2012, 07:11 PM
and WTF, at no point has Davis even complained about coming to NO he's embracing the opportunity. I'm done discussing this, there are people that hate the city in this thread that's cool it's not their cup of tea. NO's culture isn't for everyone, they probably also didn't know what they were doing around the city either. I can guarantee you no one is going to vacation in UTAH though, had to let that one out. Gordon sure as hell took the NO stereotype into full effect when he was traded here, but the city has grown on him and he's came out and said he likes it a lot. Different shades for different greys damn.

Clippersfan86
05-31-2012, 07:11 PM
Why the f'ck do I keep missing this guy he averaged like 16 ppg, 6apg on 46%.

How is he defensively?

No clue why anybody keeps missing him. He's a solid but not great defender but the dude is also only 28 so not like he doesn't have a handful of good years left in him. He's a tenacious competitor and a big PG at 6'3.

Jack+Gordon+Ariza+Davis+Okafor/Kaman is a REALLY nice core man... I'm telling you. Then you throw in 10 pick, tons of cap space? :applause:

d.bball.guy
05-31-2012, 07:30 PM
:wtf: :facepalm Mom? Friends? This is NBA for fvcks sake. And he assumes he's #1? He will be but yeah, it's a bit cocky to say that. Imagine if the Hornets picks somebody else? :lol

LamarOdom
05-31-2012, 07:38 PM
:wtf: :facepalm Mom? Friends? This is NBA for fvcks sake. And he assumes he's #1? He will be but yeah, it's a bit cocky to say that. Imagine if the Hornets picks somebody else? :lol

Since he wants to play for Charlotte he won't be all to mad.

ZenMaster
05-31-2012, 08:00 PM
Just remember that Anthony Davis is a real person and his life isn't a video game.

One of the biggest decision in any young persons life is where to live. A lot of people, like Davis, prefer to live near friends and family.

Sure these kids are going to make a lot of money, but they don't get to decide where they live, just think about that for a moment.
You're putting kids in a possibly unstable environment by forcing them where to live at that young of an age.

GOBB
05-31-2012, 08:13 PM

Dumbest post of the month. Congrats, you topped every dumb post before the new month came upon us. :applause:

anthonyRandolph
05-31-2012, 08:13 PM
Just remember that Anthony Davis is a real person and his life isn't a video game.

One of the biggest decision in any young persons life is where to live. A lot of people, like Davis, prefer to live near friends and family.

Sure these kids are going to make a lot of money, but they don't get to decide where they live, just think about that for a moment.
You're putting kids in a possibly unstable environment by forcing them where to live at that young of an age.
I believe I already saw somewhere his family is expected to move to New Orleans, which I found a little shocking because he can still live else where just play for the team during the season.

It's A VC3!!!
05-31-2012, 08:25 PM
If this guy had half a brain cell he would appreciate being in the NBA and say only good things about NOH. Saying that he didn't go to his preferred team is ridiculous.:facepalm

anthonyRandolph
05-31-2012, 08:26 PM
also holy shit talk about a thread blown out of proportion.

Davis was savvy to the present mood in New Orleans professional sports, with the spring dominated by the news of bounty-related suspensions to the NFL's New Orleans Saints. The Saints dominated local coverage during the Final Four.

"This can kind of bring joy back to New Orleans," Davis said. "I guess I get lucky when I go there."

His family had been on edge throughout Wednesday. His father, Anthony; mother, Erainer, as well as twin sister, Antoinette, and older sister, Lesha, came in from Chicago on Wednesday. So, too, did his four grandparents and cousins.

His father had predicted Davis would go to New Orleans. His mother wanted Charlotte because she liked the city. Moving to New Orleans seems like the next step for the family, even with both sets of grandparents still living in Chicago.

d.bball.guy
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Dumbest post of the month. Congrats, you topped every dumb post before the new month came upon us. :applause:
:lol me mad

GOBB
05-31-2012, 08:29 PM
If this guy had half a brain cell he would appreciate being in the NBA and say only good things about NOH. Saying that he didn't go to his preferred team is ridiculous.:facepalm

Rushing to judgement is silly. :facepalm

Whoah10115
05-31-2012, 08:30 PM
Pretty good chance they can make the playoffs next season.

GOBB
05-31-2012, 08:34 PM
Pretty good chance they can make the playoffs next season.

Who?

NBA2k-Monster23
05-31-2012, 08:35 PM

North Carolina is a great state but Charlotte is a tough city to stay in. Mostly Football and Baseball fans would want to be in that city. If the Bobcats played in Raleigh and Durham area it would be a whole different show. That's the real basketball city.

Fudge
05-31-2012, 08:38 PM
http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2012/story/_/id/7990882/anthony-davis-welcomes-chance-play-new-orleans-hornets

It's A VC3!!!
05-31-2012, 08:43 PM
Rushing to judgement is silly. :facepalm

It is but it's a common mistake. I did read later on that the thread was blown out of proportion, but I didn't feel like updating my post.

Anthony Davis is going to be exciting to watch and I hope he has a good first year because he has a ton of pressure after being deemed so many titles.

El Kabong
05-31-2012, 09:32 PM
I could understand wanting to play for Charlotte, especially if you grew up idolizing Michael Jordan.

dab0yech0
05-31-2012, 09:34 PM
Hope the Hornets draft Terrence Ross, Perry Jones, or Moe Harkless with that second pick.

Kaman/Okafor
Davis/Landry?
Ariza/ one of the rookies
Gordon/Henry
Jack/Vasquez

That team has a bright future. Who knows even signing Jeremy Lin at PG? Trade for Mo Williams? (Mo would work really well with EJ, given their chemistry with the Clippers and Mo can just spot up with Gordon handling the ball at the end of games.)

ProfessorMurder
05-31-2012, 09:40 PM
Just b*tch about where you're going to play a la Kobe and get traded to Charlotte.

oh the horror
05-31-2012, 10:29 PM
I really do not see what the issue is here....Some of you are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally going overboard with what this kid was saying. :oldlol:

BlackVVaves
05-31-2012, 10:30 PM
Jarrett Jack= good PG

Sooooooo

Davis is a better prospect than Oden was?

Davis is a better prospect than Durant was??

Blake was a better prospect than Durant was?!!

anthonyRandolph
05-31-2012, 10:39 PM
I really do not see what the issue is here....Some of you are reeeeeeeeeeeeeeally going overboard with what this kid was saying. :oldlol:
QFT

Zackmorris
05-31-2012, 11:49 PM

This. People in this thread is reaching to the Max level

B
05-31-2012, 11:53 PM
Read the Link in the OP, read the ESPN link and a couple other articles on the net with A.D. quotes concerning the Bobcats and Hornets.

Thread needs to be re named Charlotte Bobcats beat writer disappointed Anthony Davis and his family won't be coming to Charlotte

Lebron23
06-01-2012, 12:53 AM
Davis will be a solid player in the NBA. Eric Gordon and Anthony Davis = the next exciting young duo in the NBA.

Charlie Sheen
06-01-2012, 01:32 AM
Jarrett Jack= good PG

:biggums:

Tons of cap? Not if you're putting Kaman and Gordon on the 12/13 roster.
:roll: Jarrett Jack a long term asset?
Cats might lag behind new orleans for the next season or two....on the other hand they arentt in a position to bet big money on a long term deal for a potentially elite guy who only played 9 games for them.

jbot
06-01-2012, 01:40 AM
i figure he wanted to become THE #1 option(or big man) on his team. he'd be better off in CHA right away in that sense.