PDA

View Full Version : Rajon Rondo,Deron Williams or Chris Paul?

bail
06-02-2012, 01:07 PM
Which among the 3 PG would you rather have on your team and why?:rockon:

swi7ch
06-02-2012, 01:10 PM
Rondo.

I will give him a bonus 10 million in his contract if he spends at least 10 hours a day shooting jumpshots for 6 months.

nathanjizzle
06-02-2012, 01:13 PM
rondo.

L.Kizzle
06-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Rondo.

I will give him a bonus 10 million in his contract if he spends at least 10 hours a day shooting jumpshots for 6 months.
His jumper's been pretty moist the past 2 games.

CelticBaller
06-02-2012, 01:19 PM
either Rondo or CP3, they're interchangeable

I don't know why deron is being mentioned tho...

Stat & Melo
06-02-2012, 01:19 PM

Moist? That just sounds nasty lol

D-Wade316
06-02-2012, 01:21 PM
LOL. CP3 takes this easily.

teddytwelvetoes
06-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Rondo and CP3 are a toss-up at this point. Deron is behind 'em. Rondo's contract is a major factor.

swi7ch
06-02-2012, 01:22 PM

It's the other NBA teams' worst nightmare as JVG puts it. Imagine if he develops a super reliable jumpshot... the number he would put up are unbelievable! :eek:

L.Kizzle
06-02-2012, 01:25 PM
Moist? That just sounds nasty lol
It's not totally wet like his teammate Ray Allen, it's just moist at this point.

Picture it like a female, she get's moist at the beginning (Rondo) but by the end you want her wet like a Ray Allen jump shot.

NumberSix
06-02-2012, 01:28 PM
D-Will. It would be Rondo by a mile if his jumpshot was consistent.

Stern
06-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Nice to see Rondo finally getting his dues.

And please don't compare the Diva Deron to CP3 and Rondo. He was just a product of Sloan's system.

b1imtf
06-02-2012, 01:52 PM
Celtics - Rondo
Nets - CP3
Clippers - CP3

plUto or bUst
06-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Finally people are starting to figure out how overrated Deron Williams really is.

Mach_3
06-02-2012, 02:04 PM
Rondo because his contract is easily the best out of the 3

ProfessorMurder
06-02-2012, 02:19 PM
I'm taking Rondo over any PG. Second choice would be Tony Parker.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-02-2012, 02:37 PM
Which among the 3 PG would you rather have on your team and why?:rockon:

Rondo
Parker
Westbrook
CP3
Deron Williams

WeGetRing2012
06-02-2012, 05:41 PM
See what two years of playing on the Nets will do :facepalm

Deron easy...

It's A VC3!!!
06-02-2012, 06:21 PM

Deron easy...

I cannot really blame people for choosing any of those PG's over Dwill. They rarely watched him at all this season, the Nets suck, and all the other PG's went to to playoffs and got TNT and ESPN coverage. Top anaylsts gave a great description of our leagues top PG'S because each of these point guards play a different style of basketball. I'll repeat it.

If you have a team with superstars and you need a guy to facilitate your team and get them downright EASY buckets, you go with Rajon Rondo

If you want a savvy fierce competitor to mentor your team while having the capability to run a team and take over a game, you go with CP3

If you want somebody to give you 20 and 10, which Dwill is likely to do over any of the other two pg's, and hurt you in a series of ways via pick and roll, 3 point shooting, driving to the basket, or posting up, you go with Dwill.

Each of these point guards play differently and I HATE when people compare them and start drawing up lists with no real argument.

Clippersfan86
06-02-2012, 06:24 PM
And if you have a team filled with lights out shooters from top to bottom and need an aggressive finisher who kicks out brilliantly.... Tony Parker.

StateOfMind12
06-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Steve Nash
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Rajon Rondo

Derrick Rose would be #1 or #2 if he were healthy though or at least as healthy as CP3.

Rondo has been very good in the playoffs especially in the ECF so far but he is a very inconsistent player and he also has some attitude problems. I'm not going to throw away everything these PGs have done for the first 60-70 games and put Rondo ahead of them just because Rondo has been playing great and the best the most recent.

Rondo and Parker are close but I would give a slight edge to Parker due to his superior shooting and finishing ability.

It's A VC3!!!
06-02-2012, 06:27 PM
Yep, that's a great analysis of TP too.

Xiao Yao You
06-02-2012, 06:34 PM
Paul

Real Men Wear Green
06-02-2012, 06:35 PM

Deron easy...
Winning improves reputation, losing kills reputation. Just a fact of life.

I think "#1, #2, #3" style rankings often give the wrong impression. It makes people think 1 player is just light yers ahead of another when in reality the difference in value is very small. Anyone that makes a list of their top 5 pgs I can name a player outside of that group that can take it to their top pg on any given night.

plUto or bUst
06-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Winning improves reputation, losing kills reputation. Just a fact of life.

I think "#1, #2, #3" style rankings often give the wrong impression. It makes people think 1 player is just light yers ahead of another when in reality the difference in value is very small. Anyone that makes a list of their top 5 pgs I can name a player outside of that group that can take it to their top pg on any given night.

While it is true playing on the Nets has hurt Deron reputation-wise, I still think he's been vastly overrated in the first place. He is a great scorer and a good passer, but I've never seen a so called top point guard with so few intangibles. He doesn't play much defense, doesn't hustle, is a relatively poor rebounder for his size at his position. He's not much of a leader, and a primadonna to boot.

Put prime J-Kidd on the Nets and they make the playoffs. Hell, put Rondo on there and I think they'll make a run for the 8th spot.

RRR3
06-02-2012, 07:11 PM
Anyone who doesn't say CP3 is full of shit. No other PG is a top 5 player in the NBA.

Fiasco
06-02-2012, 07:13 PM
Anyone who doesn't say CP3 is full of shit. No other PG is a top 5 player in the NBA.

These rankings have always been a "What have you done for me lately" thing.

RRR3
06-02-2012, 07:17 PM
These rankings have always been a "What have you done for me lately" thing.
Agreed. Remember Dirk was the best player on ISH last year? Now people don't even talk about him...

Real Men Wear Green
06-02-2012, 07:19 PM
While it is true playing on the Nets has hurt Deron reputation-wise, I still think he's been vastly overrated in the first place. He is a great scorer and a good passer, but I've never seen a so called top point guard with so few intangibles. He doesn't play much defense, doesn't hustle, is a relatively poor rebounder for his size at his position. He's not much of a leader, and a primadonna to boot.

Put prime J-Kidd on the Nets and they make the playoffs. Hell, put Rondo on there and I think they'll make a run for the 8th spot.
PGs generally don't rebound. It's nice when Kidd or Rondo does it but I don't hold it against other PGs that don't have an impact in that area. Perhaps we didn't see the best of Willims in a losing situation but he showed himself to be a star point in Utah. Sometimes guys don't try as hard in all facets of the game as they should when they go from a good team to a bad team, and I certainly don't defend that. But Williams is capable of giving you everything you expect from a pg (including defense) and will give that to you in the right situation. I don't know what happened between him and Sloan so I won't comment on that, perhaps he has to be catered to more than a pro should but I still believe in his talent if he's put in the right situation.

blablabla
06-02-2012, 07:20 PM
rondo

It's A VC3!!!
06-02-2012, 07:23 PM

Learn to use words correctly. Saying that he's vastly overrated is downright stupid and you should be humiliated by saying that. You can say that he's overrated, which is stupid too but to say vastly is a terrible choice of words. And rebounding is not an attribute that many point guards in NBA history posses and to hold it against Dwill is another stupid mistake.

plUto or bUst
06-02-2012, 07:38 PM
Learn to use words correctly. Saying that he's vastly overrated is downright stupid and you should be humiliated by saying that. You can say that he's overrated, which is stupid too but to say vastly is a terrible choice of words. And rebounding is not an attribute that many point guards in NBA history posses and to hold it against Dwill is another stupid mistake.

It's just a matter of semantics. For me, Deron Williams is vastly overrated because he's been in the discussion as a top point guard when he is a top 5 point guard at best. (I think he is a special talent offensively, probably second after Paul, but when you factor in other facets of the game he is nothing special.)

I wouldn't hold the rebounding against him if he was a midget like Chris Paul, but Deron Williams is 6-3 210 pounds with above average athleticism, and Paul still out-rebounds him by a wide margin. To me, that speaks to a lack of hustle (or maybe anticipation?)

Real Men Wear Green
06-02-2012, 07:44 PM
It's just a matter of semantics. For me, Deron Williams is vastly overrated because he's been in the discussion as a top point guard when he is a top 5 point guard at best. (I think he is a special talent offensively, probably second after Paul, but when you factor in other facets of the game he is nothing special.)

I wouldn't hold the rebounding against him if he was a midget like Chris Paul, but Deron Williams is 6-3 210 pounds with above average athleticism, and Paul still out-rebounds him by a wide margin. To me, that speaks to a lack of hustle (or maybe anticipation?)
PGs are normally coached to get back on D instead of going after O-boards and are the shortest guys on their team when it comes to defensive boards. Is it really a big deal that Williams only averages 3?

plUto or bUst
06-02-2012, 07:54 PM
PGs are normally coached to get back on D instead of going after O-boards and are the shortest guys on their team when it comes to defensive boards. Is it really a big deal that Williams only averages 3?

It's not like I'm comparing Williams to Tim Duncan in terms of rebounding. I"m just comparing him against other top PG's in the league, and he doesn't compare favorably at all.

I wouldn't hold the rebounding against him if he consistently played good defense. The problem is Williams is also a pretty mediocre defender.

It's A VC3!!!
06-02-2012, 07:58 PM
It's not like I'm comparing Williams to Tim Duncan in terms of rebounding. I"m just comparing him against other top PG's in the league, and he doesn't compare favorably at all.

I wouldn't hold the rebounding against him if he consistently played good defense. The problem is Williams is also a pretty mediocre defender.

you shouldn't look at a pg and say "he sucks because he cannot rebound". what kidd and rondo do is a rare attribute that only very few have EVER possessed in nba history. and his defense is sub-par but you lost the rebounding argument and are latching on to the defense argument now.:facepalm

plUto or bUst
06-02-2012, 08:03 PM
you shouldn't look at a pg and say "he sucks because he cannot rebound". what kidd and rondo do is a rare attribute that only very few have EVER possessed in nba history. and his defense is sub-par but you lost the rebounding argument and are latching on to the defense argument now.:facepalm

How did I lose the rebounding argument? I've only said Deron Williams is a poor rebounder relative to other top PGs. My comment about defense was in response to Real Men's argument that PGs are supposed to go back and play D instead of rebound, which is fine except Williams doesn't play defense. If he's not crashing the boards and not playing D, then what is he doing (in terms of intangibles).

returnofthemack
06-02-2012, 08:32 PM
the only thing that makes me hesitate in taking rondo over cp3 is the fact that rondo has played with KG, pierce and ray allen for most of his career. how well would the clips have done if you changed cp3 with rondo? how about the celts with cp3?

if my team didnt have kyrie irving i would take chris paul over rondo. as it is im happy with irving

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Chris Paul
Russell Westbrook
Deron Williams
Tony Parker
Rajon Rondo

Derrick Rose would be #1 or #2 if he were healthy though or at least as healthy as CP3.

Rondo has been very good in the playoffs especially in the ECF so far but he is a very inconsistent player and he also has some attitude problems. I'm not going to throw away everything these PGs have done for the first 60-70 games and put Rondo ahead of them just because Rondo has been playing great and the best the most recent.

Rondo and Parker are close but I would give a slight edge to Parker due to his superior shooting and finishing ability.

Deron Williams should be the last in that list. He hadnt played any meaningful game in 2 years

real character is shown when you play games that matter

Bigsmoke
06-03-2012, 05:48 AM
Cp3

CardiacKemba
06-03-2012, 06:01 AM
I cannot really blame people for choosing any of those PG's over Dwill. They rarely watched him at all this season, the Nets suck, and all the other PG's went to to playoffs and got TNT and ESPN coverage. Top anaylsts gave a great description of our leagues top PG'S because each of these point guards play a different style of basketball. I'll repeat it.

If you have a team with superstars and you need a guy to facilitate your team and get them downright EASY buckets, you go with Rajon Rondo

If you want a savvy fierce competitor to mentor your team while having the capability to run a team and take over a game, you go with CP3

If you want somebody to give you 20 and 10, which Dwill is likely to do over any of the other two pg's, and hurt you in a series of ways via pick and roll, 3 point shooting, driving to the basket, or posting up, you go with Dwill.

Each of these point guards play differently and I HATE when people compare them and start drawing up lists with no real argument.

Smartest thing said on this board. Truth.

Bigsmoke
06-03-2012, 10:45 AM
I still have Deron Williams over Rondo.

jbryan1984
06-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Rondo. I just feel like he gets better every year. With CP3 and D-Will, I think they have already reached as good as they will get. Rondo has been SHOOTING the ball a lot in these playoffs, not just driving. If he can get that jump shot down consistent, he is easily the best point guard in the league and a big favorite for 2013 MVP.

ProfessorMurder
06-03-2012, 01:29 PM
I still have Deron Williams over Rondo.

Yeah he's great if you want to alienate your hall of fame coach.

Celtic_Pride
06-03-2012, 03:07 PM
If he can get that jump shot down consistent, he is easily the best point guard in the league and a big favorite for 2013 MVP.

No

He really doesn't seem to care much about the regular season. No way he will be in the contention for MVP if he shows up for occasional primetime ABC games

But playoffs Rondo is a beast and is arguably the best PG!

Zedja
06-03-2012, 03:14 PM
Rondo is amazing. Makes me wanna cry :cry:

plUto or bUst
06-03-2012, 03:25 PM
No

He really doesn't seem to care much about the regular season. No way he will be in the contention for MVP if he shows up for occasional primetime ABC games

But playoffs Rondo is a beast and is arguably the best PG!

I agree, Rondo is not a regular season player. He coasts a lot; there are games where he might go like 1-8 with 3 points and 6 assists. It affects his numbers, and in turn affects his chances for an MVP. That's another reason people don't put him up there with the likes of Rose, Nash, or Paul - because his regular season stats are not spectacular.

He is a big time big game player, however, and because of that I could see him winning a FMVP somewhere down the line. He won't win an MVP though; Lebron and Durant got it on lockdown the next 6-7 years.

jdm_dc_fan
06-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Anyone notice rondo has been making his free throws now that they count?

Eric Cartman
03-17-2015, 08:07 PM

:confusedshrug:

warriorfan
03-17-2015, 08:08 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSfP8HR7dOY

StephHamann
03-17-2015, 08:19 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVQIjJbY2m0

k0kakw0rld
03-17-2015, 09:21 PM
Deron Williams cause he does not flop. And can actually shoot the rock. Even today I wil take him over Paul & Rondo. :pimp: #loyalty

bobopenguin
03-17-2015, 09:32 PM
up to this day, this very moment, i still have faith in deron. laker should get him!

Milbuck
03-17-2015, 09:33 PM
Deron Williams cause he does not flop. And can actually shoot the rock. Even today I wil take him over Paul & Rondo. :pimp: #loyalty
Dude you fvcking rep 4 teams :roll: :facepalm

24-Inch_Chrome
03-17-2015, 09:49 PM

Deron Williams' career FG%: 44.9%

Chris Paul's career FG%: 47.3 %

:confusedshrug:

k0kakw0rld
03-17-2015, 09:56 PM
Dude you fvcking rep 4 teams :roll: :facepalm
Ive been a fan of each team for at least more than 5 years. UMAD? :confusedshrug:

Milbuck
03-17-2015, 09:57 PM
Ive been a fan of each team for at least more than 5 years. UMAD? :confusedshrug:
Not at all. I myself have been rooting for all 30 teams for at least more than 10 years.

Eric Cartman
03-17-2015, 10:01 PM
Not at all. I myself have been rooting for all 30 teams for at least more than 10 years.

Even the Rockets? :eek:

k0kakw0rld
03-17-2015, 10:33 PM
Its no forbidden. I have no problem with that at all.

And the thing is, you know deep down when you watch a game, your heart will always pick a side.