PDA

View Full Version : Is anybody jealous of LA sports?

Clippersfan86
06-03-2012, 01:49 AM
Clippers and Lakers both made the semis (disappointing for Lakers, great step for Clippers) then you have the Dodgers one of the best teams in baseball and now the Kings are about to win the Stanley Cup after not being a playoff team last year. To live and die in LA :pimp: :pimp: .

Micku
06-03-2012, 01:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14zhK4UCSvI&feature=related

LA needs a football team tho. Shocked it doesn't have one yet.

Clippersfan86
06-03-2012, 01:56 AM

Raiders are looking into moving back.

Ruh-Roh
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
Nope. We got the Cubs.

L8k3r5
06-03-2012, 02:18 AM
Everybody says it's going great but IMO not really. The Lakers got bounced out of the second round for the 2nd straight year. The Clippers got swept (even though they are a young team). The only thing going for LA sports right now is the Kings in the Stanley Cup Finals and the Dodgers because Magic Johnson just recently bought the team. The Clippers have a bright future ahead of them though. The same can't be said about my Lakers :(

Draz
06-03-2012, 02:18 AM
I don't get where your coming from. They're making great progress (ex Clippers having a good first step) but both LA teams are knocked out. Their clubs are all very well solid and I guess management is the reason why. Teams need to step their shit up office wise.

L8k3r5
06-03-2012, 02:27 AM
I don't get where your coming from. They're making great progress (ex Clippers having a good first step) but both LA teams are knocked out. Their clubs are all very well solid and I guess management is the reason why. Teams need to step their shit up office wise.
I agree the Clippers made a great step forward this year. But the Lakers look like they are downgrading and the Clippers still need a few more years until they become legit championship contenders. LA sports would be going great if the Lakers and Clippers faced off in the Western Conference Finals, the situation for the LA Kings would still be the same, and as far as I know, the Dodgers arn't doing too bad right now. Magic Johnson is also the new owner as well.

no pun intended
06-03-2012, 02:42 AM

LOL at 3:04 Mike Brown

wagexslave
06-03-2012, 02:42 AM
The Lakers are a sinking ship. The Clippers are young and improving but still aren't quite there yet. Couldn't care less about Hockey and Baseball.

Football on the other hand I love just as much if not MORE than basketball, and LA doesn't have a football team while my city does, so I have nothing to be jealous of in that department.

So yeah. I'm a little jealous of the position the Clippers are in right now just because my Suns' future is bleak and they have some rebuilding to do, while the Clippers future is young and bright, but that's pretty much it.

jstern
06-03-2012, 02:45 AM
Everybody says it's going great but IMO not really. The Lakers got bounced out of the second round for the 2nd straight year. The Clippers got swept (even though they are a young team). The only thing going for LA sports right now is the Kings in the Stanley Cup Finals and the Dodgers because Magic Johnson just recently bought the team. The Clippers have a bright future ahead of them though. The same can't be said about my Lakers :(

This is what I was thinking, except that in my case I have no idea what's going on in baseball, or Hockey, what team is good and not. So nothing to be jealous of.

Also noticing how the majority of people don't care about sports. I posted that Perkins quote about Andrew Bynum on a regular forum place, and people just had no idea who they were.

Clippersfan86
06-03-2012, 02:47 AM
The Lakers are a sinking ship. The Clippers are young and improving but still aren't quite there yet. Couldn't care less about Hockey and Baseball.

Football on the other hand I love just as much if not MORE than basketball, and LA doesn't have a football team while my city does, so I have nothing to be jealous of in that department.

So yeah. I'm a little jealous of the position the Clippers are in right now just because my Suns' future is bleak , and that's pretty much it.

Yea but think of it this way. Title coming to LA from hockey, most successful NBA franchise ever which won back to back titles 3 and 4 years ago and breakout teams Clippers and Dodgers. Then Raiders want to move back. Galaxy won MLS cup last year too.

FireDavidKahn
Nope. We got the Cubs.
:oldlol:

reppy
http://addins.waow.com/blogs/weather/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/LA-SMOG.jpg

If this is the price you pay for it.. not really. :D

comerb
06-03-2012, 02:52 AM
Clippers and Lakers both made the semis (disappointing for Lakers, great step for Clippers) then you have the Dodgers one of the best teams in baseball and now the Kings are about to win the Stanley Cup after not being a playoff team last year. To live and die in LA :pimp: :pimp: .

Dodgers haven't won the series since '88. Your staple team is regressing and doesn't have a good outlook for the years to come (Lakers), the Clippers are still the Clippers, and I couldn't give a shit less about Hockey.

Plus, you don't even have a football team.. unless you consider the Raiders, who have been terrible.

I have always been a bit jealous of Boston though.

talkingconch
06-03-2012, 02:58 AM

Don't live downtown = don't pay the price

talkingconch
06-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Dodgers haven't won the series since '88. Your staple team is regressing and doesn't have a good outlook for the years to come (Lakers), the Clippers are still the Clippers, and I couldn't give a shit less about Hockey.

Plus, you don't even have a football team.. unless you consider the Raiders, who have been terrible.

And this is what? The past year? Take a look at the last decade :facepalm

sinking ship...inb4 Lakers make a big move during the offseason? 'OH WOW LAKERS ARE BACK!' :facepalm

Celtic_Pride
06-03-2012, 03:01 AM
Err

Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins - Just count the number of 'ships!

F*ck LA

comerb
06-03-2012, 03:06 AM
And this is what? The past year? Take a look at the last decade :facepalm

sinking ship...inb4 Lakers make a big move during the offseason? 'OH WOW LAKERS ARE BACK!' :facepalm

The last decade the only team that's been relevant is the Lakers. I'm not concerned about the Lakers offseason moves, you're in for several years of mediocrity until Kobe retires and frees up that cap space...and you get rid of Bynum.

Deuce Bigalow
06-03-2012, 03:10 AM
Err

Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, Bruins - Just count the number of 'ships!

F*ck LA
2010 NBA Finals

u mad?

Celtic_Pride
06-03-2012, 03:13 AM
2010 NBA Finals

u mad?

3/12

Deuce Bigalow
06-03-2012, 03:14 AM
3/9
How many were those when you were alive?

comerb
06-03-2012, 03:15 AM
2010 NBA Finals

u mad?

Didn't the Celtics shit on the Lakers in the '08 Finals?

I think they did.

Deuce Bigalow
06-03-2012, 03:19 AM
Didn't the Celtics shit on the Lakers in the '08 Finals?

I think they did.

TylerOO
06-03-2012, 03:20 AM
Boston is the best sports city

Clippersfan86
06-03-2012, 03:21 AM

Sound jelly to me. Lakers recently won 2 straight, Galaxy won cup last year, Kings about to win it all. No other place has that much local success right now.

RoseCity07
06-03-2012, 03:23 AM
Not really. I'm a bit jealous of the Spurs success. I don't really look at big market teams that win as anything special. When you just get stars going to your team because of the market that doesn't take any discipline.

I respect teams that build through the draft and are smart. I loved New Orleans when they were good with CP3. I like how Dallas won it. I despise what New York did and I love that it has been a disaster.

chazzy
06-03-2012, 03:32 AM
Not really. I'm a bit jealous of the Spurs success. I don't really look at big market teams that win as anything special. When you just get stars going to your team because of the market that doesn't take any discipline.

I respect teams that build through the draft and are smart. I loved New Orleans when they were good with CP3. I like how Dallas won it. I despise what New York did and I love that it has been a disaster.
Kobe - draft
Bynum - draft
Griffin - draft
Pau - trade
CP3 - trade

JustinJDW
06-03-2012, 04:02 AM
Nah, not really. I mean the city itself is one of the greatest cities in the world. I love it, but the people and sports fans here are fake as hell. I mean its posers and douchebags everywhere. Others that live here can vouch for that, and people only care about the teams when they are winning. Otherwise they couldn't give a damn. Its amazing how entitled people feel around here.

Just this year alone, its amazing how many Kings and Clipper "fans" have suddenly appeared. :rolleyes:

The city is awesome, and the Staples Center is a awesome arena. I've been to many games and the atmosphere is always great, but its just the people. About 99.9% of people that you see wearing Angels, Dodgers or Laker caps are just wearing it for style. You see snapbacks from all types of teams and leagues, but they don't know a damn thing about them because they're just following a stupid trend. Everyone of them thinking they looks unique, hip and different. :rolleyes:

But hey, you can't have it all. There are tools and douchebags in every city. L.A as a whole is pretty laid back, and I love it. And I can assure you no one gives a damn about soccer here. Beckham or no Beckham.

TylerOO
06-03-2012, 04:14 AM
Sound jelly to me. Lakers recently won 2 straight, Galaxy won cup last year, Kings about to win it all. No other place has that much local success right now.
Just googled galaxy la and you should be perma banned for even bringing up a major league soccer team:roll:

RoseCity07
06-03-2012, 05:10 AM
Kobe - draft
Bynum - draft
Griffin - draft
Pau - trade
CP3 - trade

I'll give you Bynum and Griffin. Kobe draft? He basically forced the Hornets to trade him. There is a reason teams passed on him.

Bynum was actually a pretty good pick. Clippers got lucky with Griffin but can't hate there. Cp3 forced his way out to the Clipps. The Pau trade was a ridiculous at the time and LA got the better deal.

2 championships is more than Marc Gasol.

MMM
06-03-2012, 05:37 AM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4e7a5bb1ecad04e82b000012/espnmagboston.jpg

nycelt84
06-03-2012, 06:04 AM
I'm not sure if youre paying attention or not but Boston won every title in every sport in the last 10 years.

BuGzBuNNy
06-03-2012, 06:07 AM
nope

<--

comerb
06-03-2012, 07:57 AM

I am... of Boston. Not LA.

Who the **** are the Galaxy? Is that soccer? Jesus that's desperate. I hear LA has a mean LaCrosse team too.

GOBB
06-03-2012, 08:34 AM

IF anyone was jealous of LA? The Clippers would not be apart of the equation. :no:

Clippers havent achieved nor won anything to be jealous over.

ihoopallday
06-03-2012, 09:12 AM
Wish my state had an NBA team.

Rake2204
06-03-2012, 09:15 AM
I've been fortunate to be a Michigan guy. As such, not a lot of jealousy there. Relatively frequent Stanley Cup runs, a decade of outstanding NBA basketball (and a ring), World Series contenders, playoff football team (strange to say), and excellent university sports (MSU and UM). We're not champions of all, but I can't say we're suffering and envious of anyone.

macpierce
06-03-2012, 09:53 AM
LA is a great sports city, I am not sure there is a best considering everyone has an opinion but I do find it puzzling why there isnt a nfl football team in the 2nd biggest market :coleman:

kurple
06-03-2012, 10:03 AM
Let me give you an example.

My Father and I have been Manchester City fans our entire life..

You will never feel the same joy we felt when City won the PL for the first time in almost 50years

LA sports fans get spoiled and doesnt apreciate it as much.. As well as you risk being one of the most annoying people on the internet when you become a LA sports fan

No thanks

06-03-2012, 10:42 AM

This isn't the 90s, LA isn't that smoggy

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-03-2012, 10:45 AM
Let me give you an example.

My Father and I have been Manchester City fans our entire life..

You will never feel the same joy we felt when City won the PL for the first time in almost 50years

LA sports fans get spoiled and doesnt apreciate it as much.. As well as you risk being one of the most annoying people on the internet when you become a LA sports fan

No thanks

Right. :oldlol:

Just because your lame soccer team finally won a championship doesn't mean LA sports fans dont appreciate theirs. Too many idiots confuse REAL die hard fans with Kobe apostles.

bagelred
06-03-2012, 10:59 AM
L.A. Sports are so good, makes me want to riot.

Is there a riot happening right now in L.A.? It's about 50/50 whether one is happening.

DStebb716
06-03-2012, 11:02 AM
Well the Giants won the chip. The Knicks made the playoffs. The Rangers made the ECF. The Yankees are the greatest franchise in US history. And the Mets actually look good for once. Oh, and there are TWO football teams in NY instead of 0.

(too bad I'm only a fan of the Knicks out of those)

DStebb716
06-03-2012, 11:08 AM
BUT.. as much as it pains me to say this since they hold all of my least favorite teams.. Boston is by far the best sports city at the moment. Even with the circus that the Red Sox have. The Bruins need to boot the child that is Tim Thomas and let Rask take over, but they're going to be fine. The Pats are always going to be contenders until Brady retires. The Celtics have a few interesting questions going forward.

Sucks though.
Bruins: least favorite NHL team.
Celtics: least favorite NBA franchise (Heat are my current least favorite team)
Pats: least favorite NFL team.
Red Sox: 2nd least favorite MLB team (behind the Phillies).

Kblaze8855
06-03-2012, 11:20 AM
Nah. Without football its nothing to be jealous of.

Clippersfan86
06-03-2012, 12:27 PM
IF anyone was jealous of LA? The Clippers would not be apart of the equation. :no:

Clippers havent achieved nor won anything to be jealous over.

Fair enough. Just meant they are another improving team people may like. Btw Boston dans the question obviously wasnt for you.

Clippersfan86
06-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Just googled galaxy la and you should be perma banned for even bringing up a major league soccer team:roll:

It's the national soccer league. May seem pathetic but it's another major sport winning something.

RRR3
06-03-2012, 12:30 PM
Give us back Pujols you twats! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Leviathon1121
06-03-2012, 12:41 PM
This isn't the 90s, LA isn't that smoggy

As someone who lived in the area for the last 20 years, yes, it most certainly is that bad. So bad actually, that when the winds are right it blows it all down into San Diego, please keep your poison air to yourself, thanks.

RRR3
06-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Wish my state had an NBA team.
Wat state?

tmacattack33
06-03-2012, 12:46 PM
They don't even have a football team.

And nobody there even cares about hockey so what the Kings are doing right now is irrelevant.

Dengness9
06-03-2012, 01:36 PM
LA really doesnt have that much going on for me to be jealous.

I love Chicago and my Chicago sports teams so it's hard to be jealous when I have already witnessed 6 Bulls chips, a Sox chip, BHawks chip, almost got a Bears chip too(was alive in 85 but not old enough to take it in).

The last time I looked at another sports town with any sort of jealous type of emotion was with Boston. The Pats, Red Sox, Bruins, and Celtics have all won chips in the last 5-10 years. When you can witness a championship in the 4 major american sports....that is special. In such a short amount of time too.

P.S. NO ONE CARES about the MLS or whatever the pathetic league is here in the states. It means nothing in comparison to Fifa world cup or Euro cup.

Celtic_Pride
06-03-2012, 03:02 PM
http://static6.businessinsider.com/image/4e7a5bb1ecad04e82b000012/espnmagboston.jpg

:pimp:

CelticBaller
06-03-2012, 03:04 PM
:applause:

NewYorkNoPicks
06-03-2012, 04:17 PM

Any LA success aside from the Lakers' has been only recent. Clippers made the playoffs 3 times since theyve been in LA, Kings made the playoffs like once evenn after they got Gretzky, and the Angels were so medicore they made a movie about it....nothing to be jealous of

BallsOut
06-03-2012, 04:19 PM
How did you not mention the Kings? :facepalm

WesWelkerACL
06-03-2012, 04:27 PM
LA is the true mecca of basketball and that's just an apparent fact and not even debatable....

But L.A. sports as a whole leave a lot to be desired. Nobody gives a shit about hockey and the Dodgers have been bad for a decade. Even now they are only 4 games up in their division. And most importantly there is no NFL team. What is there to be jealous about if there's no NFL team? Are L.A. fans jealous of Jacksonville? Buffalo? Come on man.

And to the OP: Usually I just lurk here and I'm just an impartial observer. YOU are consistently one of the worst posters I see on the internet. Take some time off bro.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Hard to be jealous of a city with no NFL team. Aka the only sport that truly matters.

hawke812
06-03-2012, 04:32 PM
Nah, not really. I mean the city itself is one of the greatest cities in the world. I love it, but the people and sports fans here are fake as hell. I mean its posers and douchebags everywhere. Others that live here can vouch for that, and people only care about the teams when they are winning. Otherwise they couldn't give a damn. Its amazing how entitled people feel around here.

Just this year alone, its amazing how many Kings and Clipper "fans" have suddenly appeared. :rolleyes:

The city is awesome, and the Staples Center is a awesome arena. I've been to many games and the atmosphere is always great, but its just the people. About 99.9% of people that you see wearing Angels, Dodgers or Laker caps are just wearing it for style. You see snapbacks from all types of teams and leagues, but they don't know a damn thing about them because they're just following a stupid trend. Everyone of them thinking they looks unique, hip and different. :rolleyes:

But hey, you can't have it all. There are tools and douchebags in every city. L.A as a whole is pretty laid back, and I love it. And I can assure you no one gives a damn about soccer here. Beckham or no Beckham.

Ask Bryan Stow how "Fake" we LA fans are:confusedshrug:

We will go to war for our teams (or prison). Just keeping it real.

DStebb716
06-03-2012, 04:37 PM

Lmao at this horseshit. Violence doesn't = fandom. Violence = stupidity and personal insecurity.

Zackmorris
06-03-2012, 05:56 PM

No. That's keeping it retarded.

talkingconch
08-16-2012, 02:34 AM

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/30988509/lol-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-350.gif

noosaman
08-16-2012, 04:14 AM
Nothing makes me smile more than when I look back on The Almighty taking a massive piss all over Staples.

AK47DR91
08-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Spygate and steroids make up 5 of those 7 championship rings.

JohnnySic
08-16-2012, 07:47 AM
Boston, NY, Philly, and I guess Chicago are the best sports towns.

Other than sports though, Boston doesn't have a whole lot else going for it. :ohwell:

StroShow4
08-16-2012, 07:55 AM
This thread being made by a Clippers fan made me :oldlol:

Sorry, Clippersfan.

Nick Young
08-16-2012, 08:54 AM
No one is jealous of the Clippers dude.

The Iron Fist
08-16-2012, 10:13 AM
Lmao at this horseshit. Violence doesn't = fandom. Violence = stupidity and personal insecurity.
Stowe shouldnt have been mouthing off then.

BlueandGold
08-16-2012, 10:18 AM
LA is a legit sports town for sure, it doesn't have quite the history and traditional as some of the east coast teams (especially baseball) but they definitely have championships to go with it.

The raiders won a couple of titles in LA. Kings, Dodgers all have titles in LA. USC, UCLA are two of the most dominant college programs of all time and then of course you have the Lakers.

JellyBean
08-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Heck yeah!! Man I have always been jealous of the LA sports scene. Back the late 70s and all of the 80s, you had the Rams kicking butt, the Dodgers with my favorite player Ron Cey doing his thing, and then the Lakers with Magic, Kareem, Norm, and all of the Laker greats; yeah I am jealous of the LA sports. We just gotta get football back in LA.

hawksdogsbraves
08-16-2012, 10:23 AM
LA has some (very) good franchises, but I wouldn't call it a 'sports town'. That label would be saved for Chicago, Boston, and maybe New York.

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 10:29 AM
This thread being made by a Clippers fan made me :oldlol:

Sorry, Clippersfan.

I love the state of LA sports right now. Clippers may be historically bad but they are no doubt a contender right now and this will be the only time in sports history where two teams who share a building have a shot. Then we had the Kings win the cup, Galaxy win their title a couple years ago. I'm just happy with what we got in LA. No need for people to make this about the Clippers specifically when I mentioned all the teams doing something worth noting right now.

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 10:31 AM
No one is jealous of the Clippers dude.

I think a lot of people are VERY jealous of what the Clippers have right now and it's a big reason they are arguably the most hated team in the NBA right now next to the Heat and Lakers. People like to blame it on the flopping but it can't be just that or the Spurs would be the most hated.

I think it has to do with the fact that people are mad they can't bag on the Clippers anymore and get taken seriously. The Clippers are likely a top 5 team in the NBA this year and that's no laughing matter.

It's A VC3!!!
08-16-2012, 10:32 AM
Nah, Memphis is much better then LAC. They should have won last year. Giving up a 27 point lead and another 18 point lead in two consecutive games is once in a blue moon luck.
Sorry Clipperfan, OKC, LAL, and Memphis are the top dogs in the West. Then the Spurs, Mavs and Clippers are fighting for that middle tier position. Atleast I believe so.

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 10:36 AM
Nah, Memphis is much better then LAC. They should have won last year. Giving up a 27 point lead and another 18 point lead in two consecutive games is once in a blue moon luck.
Sorry Clipperfan, OKC, LAL, and Memphis are the top dogs in the West. Then the Spurs, Mavs and Clippers are fighting for that middle tier position. Atleast I believe so.

I really respect how good Memphis is but this is obviously just a ploy to rile me up because it's beyond stupid :facepalm . You failed to mention the Clippers having their 5 best players injured including Billups out entire series and Butler out two games. Or the fact that CP3's injury just so happened to come the game following a 3-1 Clippers lead and it obviously affected him greatly. Clippers were going to wrap it up in 5 most likely if CP3 was healthy and that's not accounting for the other injuries.

Bottom line is the Clippers are already the better team (you can say that when you win a series) and had a much better offseason than the Grizzlies. As for growth from within that ncr has talked about here... the Clippers younger group of Griffin, Jordan and Bledsoe will keep improving.

Last season I was saying the Clippers would eliminate the Grizzlies two months before the season ended and people thought I was crazy. Now the depleted Clippers win a series and get much better in the offseason and it's "Memphis is STILL better"??? Keyword still lmao.

KingBeasley08
08-16-2012, 10:38 AM
Nope, Boston takes the top prize. Since 2000, they have:

3 Super Bowls
2 World Series
1 NBA Title
1 Stanley Cup

JohnnySic
08-16-2012, 10:45 AM

3 Super Bowls
2 World Series
1 NBA Title
1 Stanley Cup
Yup; and 2 other Super Bowl appearances, and another NBA Finals.....

It's A VC3!!!
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
I really respect how good Memphis is but this is obviously just a ploy to rile me up because it's beyond stupid :facepalm . You failed to mention the Clippers having their 5 best players injured including Billups out entire series and Butler out two games. Or the fact that CP3's injury just so happened to come the game following a 3-1 Clippers lead and it obviously affected him greatly. Clippers were going to wrap it up in 5 most likely if CP3 was healthy and that's not accounting for the other injuries.

Bottom line is the Clippers are already the better team (you can say that when you win a series) and had a much better offseason than the Grizzlies. As for growth from within that ncr has talked about here... the Clippers younger group of Griffin, Jordan and Bledsoe will keep improving.

Last season I was saying the Clippers would eliminate the Grizzlies two months before the season ended and people thought I was crazy. Now the depleted Clippers win a series and get much better in the offseason and it's "Memphis is STILL better"??? Keyword still lmao.

You wrote too much. Just read the first segment. Grizzlies are the better team. LAC made major improvements and I detest the Lakers so I want LAC to overthrow them. Obviously that won't happen with LAL's current additions, but your theory on the Clippers being a championship team is defenitely not possible. They can't beat OKC or LAL. That's pretty much what it comes down to.

FreezingTsmoove
08-16-2012, 10:51 AM
Jealous of not having a football team? Lol

G.O.A.T
08-16-2012, 11:23 AM
Raiders are looking into moving back.

He said a football team, not the Raiders, whatever they are.

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 11:37 AM
I doubt people are jealous of the Clippers

magictricked
08-16-2012, 12:10 PM
Jealous of not having a football team? LolLA has pro football it's called USC, fight on?

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 12:36 PM
People that keep only bringing up Boston are proving that LA sports are at the top with only one challenger or better city for sports.

magictricked
08-16-2012, 12:43 PM
People that keep only bringing up Boston are proving that LA sports are at the top with only one challenger or better city for sports.
Boston has an incredible sports history to not bring it up would be a crime.

GOBB
08-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Clippers have no history to be jealous of.

Optimus Prime
08-16-2012, 01:03 PM
When you say "LA sports" you mean the Lakers? Because the Clippers are :lol

:kobe:

clipps
08-16-2012, 01:30 PM
I doubt people are jealous of the Clippers

They get so much hate. It's obvious people are jealous

monkeypox
08-16-2012, 01:53 PM

3 Super Bowls
2 World Series
1 NBA Title
1 Stanley Cup

I think we're pretty comparable here in LA. 8 major titles vs. 7 for Boston.

5x nba champs 7x nba finals
1x world series
2x stanley cup

and a bunch of titles in other leagues like the WNBA, MLS, and various major college sports. So aside from the lack of an NFL team I think we're pretty good.

chairman
08-16-2012, 01:55 PM
Vinny Del Negro:lol

chairman
08-16-2012, 01:58 PM
I think we're pretty comparable here in LA. 8 major titles vs. 7 for Boston.

5x nba champs 7x nba finals
1x world series
2x stanley cup

and a bunch of titles in other leagues like the WNBA, MLS, and various major college sports. So aside from the lack of an NFL team I think we're pretty good.
Chicago Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks, Sox, Cubs....easily better then L.A. ....L.A. isn't even a sports town is a bandwagon town...imo it's Boston,Chicago, NY in no particular order

JohnnySic
08-16-2012, 01:58 PM
If you're talking historically, I'd say NYC has a pretty good argument as well.

Jailblazers7
08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
Not jealous at all. Pittsburgh does more than enough winning to keep me happy. A little jealous just because we don't have an NBA team but LA has no NFL team so it evens out.

chairman
08-16-2012, 02:00 PM
If you're talking historically, I'd say NYC has a pretty good argument as well.
Also Chicago

RRR3
08-16-2012, 02:01 PM
Also Chicago
LOL Cubs

kaiteng
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/photo/2012/0318/la_galringts_600.jpg

It does look nice also.

chairman
08-16-2012, 02:04 PM
LOL Cubs
St. Louis:rolleyes: I'm not a baseball fan dipshit but good try

RRR3
08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
St. Louis:rolleyes: I'm not a baseball fan dipshit but good try
Lol we have more world series than both your teams combined :roll:

Papaya Petee
08-16-2012, 02:06 PM
Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Miami Marlins, University of Florida :cheers:

chairman
08-16-2012, 02:07 PM
Lol we have more world series than both your teams combined :roll:
:lol Saint Louis

RRR3
08-16-2012, 02:08 PM
:lol Saint Louis
Saint Louis is awesome. Stop hatin'

chairman
08-16-2012, 02:12 PM
What is the difference between a bucket of shit and an St Louis Cardinals fan?
The bucket. :lol

RRR3
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM
Lol salty cubs fans mad they haven't won since before world war one :roll:

pegasus
08-16-2012, 02:13 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Quizno
08-16-2012, 02:14 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7180891/off-base-investigates-st-louis-cardinals-fans-best-baseball

usually referred to as the best fans in baseball

chairman
08-16-2012, 02:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/espn/page2/story/_/id/7180891/off-base-investigates-st-louis-cardinals-fans-best-baseball

404 Not Found/error :roll:

Quizno
08-16-2012, 02:17 PM
404 Not Found/error :roll:
works for me

RRR3
08-16-2012, 02:19 PM

:applause:

monkeypox
08-16-2012, 02:22 PM
Chicago Bulls, Bears, Blackhawks, Sox, Cubs....easily better then L.A. ....L.A. isn't even a sports town is a bandwagon town...imo it's Boston,Chicago, NY in no particular order

Lol, yet when Dodgers have sucked for like 20 years we still were at the top of the league for merchandise sales and attendance. Riiiight. Even in down years the Lakers sell out their seats. This town is all Lakers and Dodgers. The OC is all about the Angels and Ducks. And the people who love their UCLA/USC teams are pretty hard core. Whereas after Jordan wasn't there a huge drop in season ticket sales once all the season tickets bought during the Jordan era expired? Yeah we have tons of people here that don't care about sports, but then we really have lots of people in general. Particularly from other states and countries.

You can call Lakers fans bandwagon fans all you want, but the reality is we haven't been bad for a long enough stretch to really test it out. That's a nice luxury to have as a fan. Even the "bad" years with Ced Ceballos still was fun to watch. Really the only awful year I can remember was the year Kobe and Odom spent most of the year injured and they missed the playoffs. All that and it still takes like 5-10 years to get a season ticket.

edit: Just looked up Chicago's titles. so since 2000 you have one stanley cup and one world series right? What makes you think Chicago deserves to be up there with Boston?

Sarcastic
08-16-2012, 02:31 PM
Miami Heat, Miami Dolphins, Miami Marlins, University of Florida :cheers:

You're not a really Miami fan if you listed the Gators ahead of the Canes.

chairman
08-16-2012, 02:32 PM

http://realestate.msn.com/slideshow.aspx?cp-documentid=23468266

http://www.allgov.com/Top_Stories/ViewNews/St_Louis_Worst_City_for_Crime__Colonie_NY_the_Safe st_101127

http://www.ibtimes.com/articles/260358/20111202/10-worst-cities-finding-job-america.html

For fun I'll throw this in here:
http://blogs.riverfronttimes.com/dailyrft/2011/07/gq_ranks_st_louis_10th_worst_dressed_city.php

SAINT LOUIS :lol

AGAIN I repeat
The bucket.

RRR3
08-16-2012, 02:33 PM
Chairman's tantrums becoming legendary on ISH

chairman
08-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Chairman's tantrums becoming legendary on ISH
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/mytphotos/fullSize/2/a/2a0ca-Good_Good_Let_the_Butt_hurt_flow_through.jpg

christian1923
08-16-2012, 02:49 PM
NY Sports >

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 02:54 PM
Clippers = dogs.hit franchise

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Clippers have no history to be jealous of.

Gotta start somewhere. A lot of people are upset about the success the Clippers are starting to have.

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 03:28 PM
Gotta start somewhere. A lot of people are upset about the success the Clippers are starting to have.

Getting swept in the 2nd round?

crisoner
08-16-2012, 03:30 PM

Smog City

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Getting swept in the 2nd round?

Yup against a great team when your 5 best players are injured? Now you have to make the finals to have a successful season lmao? Besides this year with a full training camp and better health the Clippers have a good shot a WCF. Stay mad though.

Glide2keva
08-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Nope. We got the Cubs.Yeah, that's something to be proud of, oh wait.

tmacattack33
08-16-2012, 03:33 PM
The best two sports are bball and football. And LA doesn't even have football.

So, I'm glad to be where I'm at and if i had to pick a best sports city it'd be New England recently...Dallas would be up there...Chicago too.

Pushxx
08-16-2012, 03:37 PM
New York and Boston are far and away the two best sports cities of all-time.

Heavincent
08-16-2012, 03:38 PM
Besides this year with a full training camp and better health the Clippers have a good shot a WCF. Stay mad though.

A Lakers vs Thunder WCF matchup is pretty much a lock. The Clippers have a fighting chance at the WCF, but a good shot? I wouldn't say that.

monkeypox
08-16-2012, 04:01 PM
The best two sports are bball and football. And LA doesn't even have football.

So, I'm glad to be where I'm at and if i had to pick a best sports city it'd be New England recently...Dallas would be up there...Chicago too.

Yeah but even if you only count Football and Bball, LA has NE beat 5 to 4 since 2000.

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 04:03 PM
Yup against a great team when your 5 best players are injured? Now you have to make the finals to have a successful season lmao? Besides this year with a full training camp and better health the Clippers have a good shot a WCF. Stay mad though.

the only one thats going to be mad is you when CP3 leaves

v1nce
08-16-2012, 04:06 PM
LOL Chicago and it isn't even close

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 06:20 PM
the only one thats going to be mad is you when CP3 leaves

:oldlol: . What better situation can he go that can afford him at a max contract? Don't say Dallas either. He can choose to play with a young star not yet in his prime or 35 year old Dirk next year.

chairman
08-16-2012, 06:24 PM
:oldlol: . What better situation can he go that can afford him at a max contract? Don't say Dallas either. He can choose to play with a young star not yet in his prime or 35 year old Dirk next year.
Dallas where the owner isn't a cheap f*** and where del Negro is not welcomed

LOL Chicago and it isn't even close

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 06:33 PM
Dallas where the owner isn't a cheap f*** and where del Negro is not welcomed

You mean the cheap owner that's 14 mill over cap right now and at luxury threshold? The one that just paid his star 95 million? Yup... dirt cheap! BTW that's ironic coming from a Bulls fan.

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 06:36 PM
I just find it hilarious that the OP tries to group the Clippers, an abortion of a franchise, with the Lakers.

dunksby
08-16-2012, 06:38 PM
Only a dumbass like OP would be jealous of a city because of its sports teams.

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 06:43 PM
Only a dumbass like OP would be jealous of a city because of its sports teams.

This. Boston has been the most successful sports city the last decade and I would never even think about living there or rooting for any of their teams.

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 06:51 PM
I just find it hilarious that the OP tries to group the Clippers, an abortion of a franchise, with the Lakers.

Clippers are an up and coming contender built in two seasons. Nothing about my post is comparing them to the Lakers but a good Clippers team obviously adds to the quality of LA sports doesn't it jackass? Keep trying though :hammerhead: .

Quizno
08-16-2012, 06:53 PM
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 06:57 PM
Clippers are an up and coming contender built in two seasons. Nothing about my post is comparing them to the Lakers but a good Clippers team obviously adds to the quality of LA sports doesn't it jackass? Keep trying though :hammerhead: .

You root for the worst franchise in NBA history. Now go pad your post count some more, loser.

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 06:59 PM
You root for the worst franchise in NBA history. Now go pad your post count some more, loser.

OMG.... that stings so bad. I'm going into my 15th season as a fan this year.... you're going to have to come up with a lot worse.

The Choken One
08-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Calling another poster on the internet a loser...

Seems legit.

hawke812
08-16-2012, 07:05 PM
Los Angeles GOAT non-football sports city:rockon:

Haters gona hate:pimp:

SilkkTheShocker
08-16-2012, 07:09 PM
Calling another poster on the internet a loser...

Seems legit.

Get off my nuts, f.ag

maybeshewill13
08-16-2012, 07:10 PM
No, because you have to live in LA to see it :confusedshrug:

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 07:11 PM
Get off my nuts, f.ag

:roll:

Stuckey
08-16-2012, 07:31 PM
not really

it's more fun to root for your team against the evil empire teams

Clippersfan86
08-16-2012, 07:34 PM
not really

it's more fun to root for your team against the evil empire teams

I get that too as a Clips fan :pimp:

tmacattack33
08-16-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah but even if you only count Football and Bball, LA has NE beat 5 to 4 since 2000.

Well that's in total rings.

I'd rather have a team in both my favorite sports than have one team win 5 rings in one sport and then not even be able to go to a pro game (or watch the games at home or at a bar...or just talk to my friends on monday about the game) in the other sport because my city has no team.

DixieNourmous
08-16-2012, 08:20 PM
No, because you have to live in LA to see it :confusedshrug: you from Oklahomie?

:lol

monkeypox
08-16-2012, 08:24 PM
Well that's in total rings.

I'd rather have a team in both my favorite sports than have one team win 5 rings in one sport and then not even be able to go to a pro game (or watch the games at home or at a bar...or just talk to my friends on monday about the game) in the other sport because my city has no team.

That's your personal preference, that still doesn't change that LA has more titles even without football. Which should tell you something about the success of the sports teams here. Also because of parity, superbowls just don't mean much since random teams win them every year as part of the cycle right?

Besides that most people here who crave football can drive a couple of hours south and hit chargers games, or USC/UCLA games in town. We still have football, just not our own NFL team. Hopefully this farmers field thing goes through and we end up with two NFL teams within the next five years like they're planning.

maybeshewill13
08-16-2012, 08:46 PM
you from Oklahomie?

:lol

Melbourne, Australia. YOu know, that city that's constantly voted most livable in the world?

I've just been on a big USA and Canada trip, and pretty much every main city I went to (San Fran, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Chicago, New York) were better than LA.

Raider007
08-16-2012, 11:59 PM
Melbourne, Australia. YOu know, that city that's constantly voted most livable in the world?

I've just been on a big USA and Canada trip, and pretty much every main city I went to (San Fran, Portland, Seattle, Vancouver, Chicago, New York) were better than LA.

By Aussies :lol

LA> anything australlia

JtotheIzzo
08-17-2012, 12:49 AM
Nice football team fakkit!

stickfigure87
08-17-2012, 01:11 AM

LA> anything australlia

ignorance. no US city is voted anywhere close to most livable city due to things like: crime, poverty, education..

and i'm from la.

Hittin_Shots
08-17-2012, 01:13 AM

LA> anything australlia

By aussies? Do we stack our votes or something? There's only 22 million of us.

btw **** you Victorian :D

Raider007
08-17-2012, 01:41 AM
By aussies? Do we stack our votes or something? There's only 22 million of us.

btw **** you Victorian :D

I suppose i was wrong, If all you know is being inbred like your neighbors as the descendents of criminals from Britain then your NBAless city is the best. Thanks for coming to American sports chat.
http://gifsforum.com/images/gif/clap%20clap%20clap/grand/obama_applause_gif.gif

Bigsmoke
08-17-2012, 10:59 AM

smog

yuck

Kblaze8855
08-17-2012, 12:50 PM
Whereas after Jordan wasn't there a huge drop in season ticket sales once all the season tickets bought during the Jordan era expired?

The Bulls attendance has been 18-23 thousand for the last 23 years. wel ed the NBa like 6 times since Jordan left. Big arena and people turn out. The worst year of attendance the Bulls have had post Jordan was still more average fans than staples centers capacity for basketball.

In 2012 the Bulls led the NBA in attendance by both home percentage and total. We led the NBA in home fans from 2000-2010. Bulls fans show up for garbage teams and contenders.

And people thinking fans are mad over the Clippers?

As is often the case....fans think other people hate their team because they are biased and spend all day defending them. The clippers like most teams who have "haters" online get them from their fans acting like jerks. Clipper fans dont know how to act with a half decent team and have been making a big deal out of it and generating haters because of it.

The team itself? Nobody cares. Not enough to hate.

el gringos
08-17-2012, 04:40 PM
If there is 2 titles won by LA teams this year I'd bet on

1- SC football
2- UCLA bball

3- lakers/kings