thefalling
06-04-2012, 12:42 AM
It was like chess. We took their queen.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

ProfessorMurder
06-04-2012, 12:44 AM

Did he really say that? :roll: I mean technically that makes sense since the queen is the most dangerous piece, but it will obviously be taken as a slam.

PickernRoller

No sh1t...total disrespect. :roll: :roll: :roll:

RazorBaLade
no way..

kidachi
I was about to make this thread..

"THEY TOOK OUR QUEEN, WE TOOK THEIR QUEEN"

that's cool, lil cheapshot.. they have bragging rights..

Sarcastic
06-04-2012, 12:45 AM
Rondo too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7n7ulLGae1M

thefalling
06-04-2012, 12:46 AM
Jesus throwin shots. Gotta love it.

:cheers:

EoJ
So wade is the king?

RedBlackAttack
I was about to make this thread..

"THEY TOOK OUR QUEEN, WE TOOK THEIR QUEEN"

that's cool, lil cheapshot.. they have bragging rights..
I don't think it was a cheapshot at all. If it was, he was also taking a cheapshot at his own teammate... For absolutely no reason.

In chess, the Queen is commonly considered the most valuable piece. Totally appropriate analogy.

Pushxx
Did he really say that? :roll: I mean technically that makes sense since the queen is the most dangerous piece, but it will obviously be taken as a slam.

He meant it in a good way. OP only says half the quote. Ray Allen said "They took our queen. We took their queen," or something like that.

Eric Cartman
06-04-2012, 12:47 AM
The Queen is the best most versatile piece in chess. The King is pure garbage.

PickernRoller
06-04-2012, 12:48 AM
He meant it in a good way. OP only says half the quote. Ray Allen said "They took our queen. We took their queen," or something like that.

Who gives a crap, it's ISH, taking things out of context is what made this forum.

RaininTwos
06-04-2012, 12:49 AM
Why is OP so desperate to disparage Lebron James? I guess you've never played chess. Losing your queen is a b*tch.

jlauber
06-04-2012, 12:50 AM
The Queen is the best most versatile piece in chess. The King is pure garbage.

I'm sure the "King" part will be directed at James, too. The man simply can't win.

As for the game of chess...the king is actually a coward, who lives in hiding.

TheStarting5ive
06-04-2012, 12:51 AM
He said "They took our queen, we took their queen."

Very clever. But a non-story.

DuMa
06-04-2012, 12:52 AM
its a simple quote that can be conjectured into many many different ways as we will soon see for tomorrow.

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 12:54 AM
I don't think it was a cheapshot at all. If it was, he was also taking a cheapshot at his own teammate... For absolutely no reason.

In chess, the Queen is commonly considered the most valuable piece. Totally appropriate analogy.

It was a cheapshot as Lebron refers to himself as King James...wise up son and keep up with the adults

mans1ay3r
06-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Wait so what did he really say?

"They took our queen, we took their queen?"

If that's what he said that's not a cheap shot. Anyone that thinks it is clearly doesn't know how to play chess.

ihoopallday
06-04-2012, 12:56 AM
Lol I'm afraid of even turning on ESPN in the morning. Someone make sure Skip Bayless didn't have a heart attack.

L.Kizzle
06-04-2012, 12:57 AM
Ray Allen is a very smart man, it was a very clever cheap shot. He used the analogy of chess perfectly to fit in context with LeBron's nickname King James. HE did that so he could call him a Queen, but say he was talking about chess.

NewYorkNoPicks
06-04-2012, 12:58 AM

omg amazing

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 12:59 AM
Jesus throwin shots. Gotta love it.

:cheers:

wow more player quotes being taken out of context. he said in other words they took there best player off the floor. the Coach is king as he cant do to much but is the figurehead of the team.

fans are as bad as the media these days.

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:00 AM
Terrible move by Ray Allen. Bad Karma. Ray Allen sucks and has no room to talk.

SMoKe0uT
Ray Allen is a very smart man, it was a very clever cheap shot. He used the analogy of chess perfectly to fit in context with LeBron's nickname King James. HE did that so he could call him a Queen, but say he was talking about chess.

your either dumb or naive. maybe both.

Replay32

This. In chess the Queen is the most valuable piece. And he said the same about his teammate.

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 01:01 AM

another genius....

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 01:01 AM
Wait so what did he really say?

"They took our queen, we took their queen?"

If that's what he said that's not a cheap shot. Anyone that thinks it is clearly doesn't know how to play chess.

lol @ you thinking it was totally centered around the actual game of chess and the piece value....it was a play on words brilliantly done by Ray gone way over your head I guess.

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 01:03 AM
lol @ you thinking it was totally centered around the actual game of chess and the piece value....it was a play on words brilliantly done by Ray gone way over your head I guess.

So he cheapshotted his own teamate dumbass?

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:03 AM
another genius....:lol

ShannonElements
06-04-2012, 01:04 AM
He also referred to Pierce as a queen you imbeciles.

Mr. Incredible
lol @ you thinking it was totally centered around the actual game of chess and the piece value....it was a play on words brilliantly done by Ray gone way over your head I guess.Bad decision on his part in my opinion.

Tenchi Ryu
Pretty much a jab and a compliment. All chess players know that your Queen is pretty much your lifeline, and as someone said, lose that and you're fukked.

But since he always goes by KING James, Ray saying Queen was pretty damn slick
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

bmulls

You are reading into it too much. He called Paul Pierce a "queen" too. He meant both teams best players fouled out.

PickernRoller
06-04-2012, 01:05 AM
Why so mad at the troll?

....:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: ......kids these days.

So according to Allen, they took out Queen James. I get it....

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 01:06 AM
You are reading into it too much. He called Paul Pierce a "queen" too. He meant both teams best players fouled out.

LOL obviously it "went over his head".

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:06 AM
Pretty much a jab and a compliment. All chess players know that your Queen is pretty much your lifeline, and as someone said, lose that and you're fukked.

But since he always goes by KING James, Ray saying Queen was pretty damn slick
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:Bruh you stay hating on LeBron. Too bad your Bulls are toast. Sorry.

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 01:07 AM
So he cheapshotted his own teamate dumbass?

No you idiot...Paul Pierce does not refer to himself as King Pierce but instead the other refers to himself as King James

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 01:08 AM
Bruh you stay hating on LeBron. Too bad your Bulls are toast. Sorry.

Stay on topic! a random jab at a different team that played tonight?

wow

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 01:09 AM

Of course he meant that but his statement had double meaning and had Garnett/Rondo fouled out he would have probably stated the same thing....

Stans are HEATED Ray TROLLED their QUEEN

Mr. Incredible
Stay on topic! a random jab at a different team that played tonight?

wowYou mad? :lol That dude is one of the worst posters on this forum.

SMoKe0uT
No you idiot...Paul Pierce does not refer to himself as King Pierce but instead the other refers to himself as King James

your fkin stupid he called pierce thier queen aswell! dur dur dur keep reading what you want to read joker.

Tenchi Ryu
06-04-2012, 01:10 AM
You mad? :lol That dude is one of the worst posters on this forum.
Nikka who are you?
:lol :lol :lol :lol

Rysio
06-04-2012, 01:10 AM
I'm sure the "King" part will be directed at James, too. The man simply can't win.

didn't know that. Lebron's nick name now makes perfect sense. :applause:

RedBlackAttack
06-04-2012, 01:11 AM
It was a cheapshot as Lebron refers to himself as King James...wise up son and keep up with the adults
Don't quote my posts, moron. You are clearly too stupid to know when you are out of your league.

LBJMVP
06-04-2012, 01:11 AM

so he called paul pierce and lebron a queen?

Boston C's
06-04-2012, 01:12 AM

Yea a first ballot hall of famer and top 10 shooting guard of all time definitely has no room to talk :facepalm

bmulls
06-04-2012, 01:12 AM
Of course he meant that but his statement had double meaning and had Garnett/Rondo fouled out he would have probably stated the same thing....

Stans are HEATED Ray TROLLED their QUEEN

You're an idiot dude.

It was a compliment if anything.

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 01:13 AM
You mad? :lol That dude is one of the worst posters on this forum.

No what im mad at is these idiots thinking a pro athlete would say this to the media meaning to bash another player when the series is up in the air??? fighting for a spot in the finlas? you reaaaallllllyyyy think Allen is that fkin stupid??? Im convinced ppl only read what the wanted to read.

Vienceslav
06-04-2012, 01:14 AM
The OP misquoting and making this into multiple page thread:
He called both Pierce(his teammate) and Lebron a queen in a chess analogy where if you lose your queen you lose your most valuable piece.

Scholar
06-04-2012, 01:14 AM
OP is a ****** with a clear agenda. So apparently Ray Allen was clowning his own teammate, too, right?

:facepalm

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 01:15 AM
so he called paul pierce and lebron a queen?

One is referred to as The TRUTH

One is referred to as King James

Now skillets can trump King James with Queen James for a day or three. Because if it was all about the value of a Queen then James could have easily taken that title for himself if he plays Chess while others play Checkers:coleman: :coleman:

Seek Anger Mgmt Counseling

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 01:21 AM
One is referred to as The TRUTH

One is referred to as King James

Now skillets can trump King James with Queen James for a day or three. Because if it was all about the value of a Queen then James could have easily taken that title for himself if he plays Chess while others play Checkers:coleman: :coleman:

Seek Anger Mgmt Counseling

Now your just trolling these are two supremely motivated teams on the cusp of a title. Ill ask you again do you really think ray allen is that fking stupid to give that little edge to the heat! GOUNG BACK TO MIAMI!!!

WOW THESE ARE PRO ATHLETES COMPETING FOR IT ALL NOT YOU FRIENDS NEXT STORE WHO ACT LIKE 10 YR OLDS!!!! IF THE WANNA TAKE JABS AT EACH OTHER THEY DO IT DURING THE GAME NOT THE FKIN MEDIA!!!!

Now take a DEEP breath step back a little and rethink your angle.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-04-2012, 01:27 AM
Epic match of flop chess.

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 01:30 AM
Now your just trolling these are two supremely motivated teams on the cusp of a title. Ill ask you again do you really think ray allen is that fking stupid to give that little edge to the heat! GOUNG BACK TO MIAMI!!!

WOW THESE ARE PRO ATHLETES COMPETING FOR IT ALL NOT YOU FRIENDS NEXT STORE WHO ACT LIKE 10 YR OLDS!!!! IF THE WANNA TAKE JABS AT EACH OTHER THEY DO IT DURING THE GAME NOT THE FKIN MEDIA!!!!

Now take a DEEP breath step back a little and rethink your angle.

Rondo on Air called them whining cry babies to Doris Burke before the game was decided. Do you honestly think the Celtics are scared of them to that degree, that they feel they have to watch what they say? I don't think so

T-Time3
06-04-2012, 01:34 AM
anybody who will watch the game live on game6?
on their next home game, boston fans should have a "queen james" chants
that'd be total disrespect..... yet true and funny.
yes i find it funny
EDIT:
oh and speaking of disrespect, i remember shaq called chris jericho,christina on wwe couple years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZOSJqf1duE
celtics fans, thank me for the inspiration, and your welcome.
i'm looking forward to hear the chants at td garden

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 01:36 AM
Rondo on Air called them whining cry babies to Doris Burke before the game was decided. Do you honestly think the Celtics are scared of them to that degree, that they feel they have to watch what they say? I don't think so

UMMMM so he was stating a fact and? how is that even remotley similar to what he said? oh wait maybe the fact part.

2 facts happened.

Ray call LBJ thier best player.

Rondo told doris how they got back in the game.

ummmm yeah ok dude.

Like i said the fans are just as bad as the media. making ish up.

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:38 AM
Nikka who are you?
:lol :lol :lol :lolNot you. Which I'm very, very content with. You're salty, :oldlol:

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:39 AM
Not you. Which I'm very, very content with. You're salty, :oldlol:Shout out to me when Rose beats LeBron in the playoffs. Oh wait......... crickets.

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 01:40 AM
UMMMM so he was stating a fact and? how is that even remotley similar to what he said? oh wait maybe the fact part.

2 facts happened.

Ray call LBJ thier best player.

Rondo told doris how they got back in the game.

ummmm yeah ok dude.

Like i said the fans are just as bad as the media. making ish up.

More dumb logic by you....I mean Rondo's jump shot is still a work in progress but I don't think players would make it a habit should they be up on the Celtics at half and make commentary in a game stating.....

"Well we have a lead because Rondo's jumper is BROKE today"

Just because something may be fact doesn't mean it's a normal to feel free to say. If you actually watched the manner in which he said it, he was pulling no punches. He probably wanted to use the B-Word

They're not scared of this team and for 3 games FACTUALLY they've proven in it WORDS and DEEDS

GET IT!

GOT IT!

WELL GUUUUUUUOOOOOD!!

Tenchi Ryu
06-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Not you. Which I'm very, very content with. You're salty, :oldlol:
Somebody is definitely salty tonight alright
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Celtics.gif

nextlife
06-04-2012, 01:47 AM
The truth of the matter is nobody here knows what Ray's true motivation was behind his analogy. So both sides need to stop acting like they know what Ray was thinking when he said it.

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:48 AM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Celtics.gif:roll: . The Heat are winning this series. You know it and I know it. I take great pleasure with your multiple posts bashing the Heat and wishing them to lose. Too bad your Bulls have been bounced out every single year with Rose as the "saviour" of Chicago.

Tenchi Ryu
06-04-2012, 01:49 AM
:roll: . The Heat are winning this series. You know it and I know it. I take great pleasure with your multiple posts bashing the Heat and wishing them to lose. Too bad your Bulls have been bounced out every single year with Rose as the "saviour" of Chicago.
Proof or STFU

Meticode
06-04-2012, 01:50 AM

I agree. I watched the post-game interview and he was responding to Pierce and LeBron fouling out and he said "They took our Queen, we took their Queen." He said it without a smile, serious, no one laughed at it either. Just another case of people taking things out of context.

Meticode
06-04-2012, 01:51 AM
:roll: . The Heat are winning this series. You know it and I know it. I take great pleasure with your multiple posts bashing the Heat and wishing them to lose. Too bad your Bulls have been bounced out every single year with Rose as the "saviour" of Chicago.
:lol You mad as hell.

Tenchi Ryu
06-04-2012, 01:52 AM
:lol You mad as hell.
:lol :lol :lol

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:53 AM
Proof or STFUYou're in every Heat game thread.Praying that LeBron will fail. :lol

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:53 AM
:lol You mad as hell.Please.

Tenchi Ryu
06-04-2012, 01:55 AM
You're in every Heat game thread.Praying that LeBron will fail. :lol
Like I said, show proof or STFU....

wishing for him to fail? Like this?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7388561&postcount=3501

I've said plenty of times, I openly hate his dickriders and not necessarily him, like you.

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 01:58 AM
Like I said, show proof or STFU....

wishing for him to fail? Like this?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showpost.php?p=7388561&postcount=3501

I've said plenty of times, I openly hate his dickriders and not necessarily him, like you actually.I'm not a "dickrider" actually. I'm not a "Heat" fan nor have any affiliation with the Heat. I root for him because he takes too much flack that's undeserved most of the time.

FKAri
06-04-2012, 01:58 AM
So wade is the king?

pawn :roll:

Tenchi Ryu
06-04-2012, 02:00 AM
I'm not a "dickrider" actually. I'm not a "Heat" fan nor have any affiliation with the Heat. I root for him because he takes too much flack that's undeserved most of the time.
Its underserved cause its years and years of expectations coming up at once. And then add the fact that his fanbase has been some of the worst arrogant fans of a player in years, it makes sense why whenever he DOES fail, he has people in corners coming after him.

Does he deserve all of it? Of course not, but at the same time, some folks need a taste of humble pie at times. Lebron is just unfortunately in the crosshairs with them.

Mr. Incredible
06-04-2012, 02:04 AM
Its underserved cause its years and years of expectations coming up at once. And then add the fact that his fanbase has been some of the worst arrogant fans of a player in years, it makes sense why whenever he DOES fail, he has people in corners coming after him.

Does he deserve all of it? Of course not, but at the same time, some folks need a taste of humble pie at times. Lebron is just unfortunately in the crosshairs with them.I agree with your reasoning. However, I think posters will one day realize how great of a player he was, and will regret bashing him. It's just my opinion. It's unfortunate the injuries that happened this postseason. I was expecting a brawl in the ECF between a healthy Bulls and healthy Heat team (with Bosh).

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 02:07 AM
More dumb logic by you....I mean Rondo's jump shot is still a work in progress but I don't think players would make it a habit should they be up on the Celtics at half and make commentary in a game stating.....

"Well we have a lead because Rondo's jumper is BROKE today"

Just because something may be fact doesn't mean it's a normal to feel free to say. If you actually watched the manner in which he said it, he was pulling no punches. He probably wanted to use the B-Word

They're not scared of this team and for 3 games FACTUALLY they've proven in it WORDS and DEEDS

GET IT!

GOT IT!

WELL GUUUUUUUOOOOOD!!

The only thing I got is you completely went off base of the original discussion and are now using what rondo said to support your agenda.

WTF Does the Celtics not being scared have anything to do with Allen calling James their BEST PLAYER???? Also WTF you on about Rondos Broken Jumper? Like really pulled that one outta no where. WTF????

Random as hell.

Solid Snake
06-04-2012, 02:15 AM

Commonly????????? WTF?

Sarcastic
06-04-2012, 02:17 AM
Commonly????????? WTF?

Well the King is the absolute most valuable piece.

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 02:22 AM

:facepalm If he said king it would've been improper analogy. If they took the King out the game the game would have to already be OVER!!!! the game still continues without the Queen. JUST LIKE THIS GAME!

Wow hard to comprehend chess isnt it LOL

OMFG players use chess analogys all the time. some of you just reach for any little thing.

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 02:25 AM

Yeah for the Heat it is but the King for the Heat is now a Queen....

And Stans are angry at this play on words very HEATED

In the game of chess the queen is always the most valuable piece

Sarcastic
06-04-2012, 02:27 AM
:facepalm If he said king it would've been improper analogy. If they took the King out the game the game would have to already be OVER!!!! the game still continues without the Queen. JUST LIKE THIS GAME!

OMFG players use chess analogys all the time. some of you just reach for any little thing.

My comment was not about the game. It was about someone questioning if the Queen is "commonly considered the most valuable piece" in chess.

AMISTILLILL
06-04-2012, 02:27 AM

omfg ur lyke sew cultured

TheBluest
06-04-2012, 02:31 AM
My comment was not about the game. It was about someone questioning if the Queen is "commonly considered the most valuable piece" in chess.

The King is the most protected piece in chess but not valuable in terms of offense or defense in chess strategy

bdreason
06-04-2012, 02:38 AM
Game was obviously fixed.

RedBlackAttack
06-04-2012, 02:40 AM
Commonly????????? WTF?
The King ends the game, so I guess technically that is the most important piece, but in terms of the versatility of the moves that the pieces can make, the Queen is the best piece on the table.

People are really reading way too much into this quote.

Grey Dawn
06-04-2012, 02:58 AM
He said "They took our queen, we took their queen."

Very clever. But a non-story.

This.

SMoKe0uT
06-04-2012, 02:58 AM
The King ends the game, so I guess technically that is the most important piece, but in terms of the versatility of the moves that the pieces can make, the Queen is the best piece on the table.

People are really reading way too much into this quote.

Exactly. This is a non Issue but unfortunately the Media will blow it up or the fans. (as can be seen here)

sbw19
06-04-2012, 03:05 AM
goat unintended diss.

LeFraud James
06-04-2012, 03:32 AM

This is true, but Pierce isn't the one going around calling himself The King.

Beautiful analogy as the queen is the most important in a game of chess, and masterful play on words as LeBron is b*tch.

SunsCaptain
06-04-2012, 04:20 AM
Saying both players are queens just means that they are both great players and losing them is losing your best piece.

What would have been a funny and proper insult would be:

"They took our queen but we took their King."

Because the game is over when the king is gone. The celtics are missing a key piece but the point is they still have players and a team.

Fiasco
06-04-2012, 04:29 AM
This is true, but Pierce isn't the one going around calling himself The King.

Beautiful analogy as the queen is the most important in a game of chess, and masterful play on words as LeBron is b*tch.

bingo

PickernRoller
06-04-2012, 05:05 AM
Saying both players are queens just means that they are both great players and losing them is losing your best piece.

What would have been a funny and proper insult would be:

"They took our queen but we took their King."

Because the game is over when the king is gone. The celtics are missing a key piece but the point is they still have players and a team.

No Pauk, it's the other way around. Don't try and chance history now...

"They took our King but we took their Queen."

Real Men Wear Green
06-04-2012, 05:51 AM
The level of willful idiocy is amazing.

knicksman
06-04-2012, 07:34 AM
it was a cheap shot. Why not find another analogy like taking the engine of a car. But instead he used chess coz theres a queen in it.

CelticBaller
06-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Jesus :applause:

pegasus
06-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Lebron was playing more like a pawn at that point.

Nice analogy though. I like Spo's response, too. You took our Queen? Well, I'm gonna activate Bosh then.

Batz
06-04-2012, 08:06 AM
it was a cheap shot. Why not find another analogy like taking the engine of a car. But instead he used chess coz theres a queen in it.
Think about it...

Teanett
06-04-2012, 08:17 AM
it's a classic, often-used analogy.
it comes from a standard chess move.
nothing to see, nothing chippy about it.

Blue&Orange
06-04-2012, 08:48 AM

I guess Lebron James is in fact King james, because a coward is absolutely what he have been.

From the teaming up with Wade and Bosh, passing by his finals disappear act, ending on his fear of taking the last shot... pretty obvious by now.

markymark
06-04-2012, 09:24 AM

More like the most powerful piece. The most significant is a different matter. It was a shot at Lebron, and he accidentally sh*t on Pierce as well :oldlol:

PP34Deuce
06-04-2012, 09:26 AM
More like the most powerful piece. The most significant is a different matter. It was a shot at Lebron, and he accidentally sh*t on Pierce as well :oldlol:

LOL people love to say Ray is such a class act on the court, but he's one of the sneaky go for the throat type guys.

markymark
06-04-2012, 09:33 AM
LOL people love to say Ray is such a class act on the court, but he's one of the sneaky go for the throat type guys.

It's the image he successfully built over the years. I got nothing against Ray, but KG and Pierce were the real cornerstones of that big 3.

swi7ch
06-04-2012, 09:44 AM
God damn!

swi7ch
06-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Allen sucks and has no room to talk.

He has made more 3 pointers than any other NBA player! That gives him automatic rights to say whatever he wants.

NumberSix
06-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Why would you throw shots after being gifted an undeserved win? Classless.

toneloc103
06-04-2012, 10:26 AM
Hold it now, Lebron is neither King nor Queen....

.... We ALL know he's a JOKER!!

:roll: :lol :oldlol:

Horde of Temujin
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Wow. Just wow. It was not an insult. Idiots. :facepalm

OriginalNameGuy
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
So I see OP and much of this forum has never played chess.

pegasus
06-04-2012, 10:43 AM
Lebron actually is more like a Knight. His crab dribble is exactly how the Knights move.

http://blog.spencer-miller.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/chess_knight_l.png

SilkyJohnson
06-04-2012, 11:08 AM
Wow. Just wow. It was not an insult. Idiots. :facepalm

Most of the people accusing Ray Allen of insulting LeBron James probably wear extremely loud and colourful clothing that their favourite music artists wear, complete with pouches, pockets and compartments to store their electrical devices in. They're also efficient multi-taskers, too, able to walk down the street thinking they're gods gift to the world and jacking off to the latest shock video so they can upload their reactions to the web.

LA_Showtime
06-04-2012, 01:00 PM
Some of you guys are taking Ray's quote out of context. The queen is the most powerful piece on the board. It's worth 8 points. Technically the goal is to protect the king, but you can't exactly "take" the king. Think of LeBron as the queen and the Heat as the king.

Regardless, anyone who thinks Ray "dissed" LeBron is an idiot. I mean he called Pierce a queen too. If he truly meant to disrespect LeBron, then why aren't people talking about Ray's beef with Pierce?

Real Men Wear Green
06-04-2012, 01:19 PM
Some of you guys are taking Ray's quote out of context. The queen is the most powerful piece on the board. It's worth 8 points. Technically the goal is to protect the king, but you can't exactly "take" the king. Think of LeBron as the queen and the Heat as the king.

Regardless, anyone who thinks Ray "dissed" LeBron is an idiot. I mean he called Pierce a queen too. If he truly meant to disrespect LeBron, then why aren't people talking about Ray's beef with Pierce?
I think most of the critics either didn't hear/see Allen speaking the quote or just want to talk shit. Stupid regardless.

SwayDizzle
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Bunch of idiots, Ray didn't mean it as a diss. Now here's a real quote meant as a diss, "These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess." signed Lawdbe

Boston C's
06-04-2012, 01:43 PM
It's the image he successfully built over the years. I got nothing against Ray, but KG and Pierce were the real cornerstones of that big 3.

we dont win the title in 2008 without ray he sacrificed his game the most out of those 2 for the team and it isnt even close... a guy who averaged nearly 27 a game and the most out of the big 3 the yr before changed his game to suit playing with pierce and k.g

Killbot
06-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Basically an 8 page thread to try and dissect Ray's quote? :biggums:

Terrible poster is terrible

He likes chess. :confusedshrug:

bih
06-04-2012, 02:36 PM
http://www.terezowens.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Celtics.gif

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

at Daniels head movement

Legends66NBA7
06-04-2012, 02:37 PM
OP, please use the full quote next time. We don't neet ISH to be out of context, we got the media for that.

It won't cause problems, which is what this thread as basically going on about.

PP34Deuce
06-04-2012, 03:34 PM

I agree. But Ray is far from squeaky clean like people think lol.

People should realize KG does as much charity as Ray does. PP does a lot of charities.

PP and KG express how they feel more, but Ray is just as cut throat as them