Punpun
06-04-2012, 09:46 AM
Dat SWAG. Call me when MJ is dressed as well as Kobe. :bowdown:

Nelson14
06-04-2012, 09:50 AM
i'd have shit a brick

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 09:58 AM
Not to be a downer, but I have to imagine fame is often a lot more than most NBA stars bargain for. When young, I feel as though we all think about how great fame would be; how awesome it'd feel to be admired and recognized by all. But I have to think, after 17 years of being noticed and clamored upon at every single location you visit, it must wear a little bit. I'm actually impressed with how well most athletes are able to handle it.

I'd love to be famous for as long as I'd want to be. If I could control what days I wanted to be famous and stop being noticed and recognized when I wanted, that'd be perfect. Otherwise, I can't imagine myself handling getting touched by strangers (just so they could say they touched me) too well. And I'm not sure I'd be cool with someone feeling it's divine prophecy when they see me in person while they're wearing my jersey. I have respect for athletes (like Kobe here) who seem to be able to handle this type of thing in stride.

LamarOdom
06-04-2012, 10:06 AM
GOAT father

Doranku
06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
GOAT Swagbe. Remarkable. :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

stallionaire
06-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Always cringe when I see fan boys bugging celebs/athletes when they're in public doing their own thing. He's with his family.. leave him alone. Not like you have to make sure he won't rape a b.itch... oh wait.. you might have to..

LamarOdom
06-04-2012, 10:13 AM
Was his wife with him?

Vienceslav
06-04-2012, 10:16 AM
Not like you have to make sure he won't rape a b.itch... oh wait.. you might have to..
Wow.
I

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 10:24 AM
[QUOTE=Vienceslav]Wow.
I

d21221hk
06-04-2012, 10:29 AM
Seriously, leave the dude alone, he's on vacation. But then again, if the dude feels that his best shirt is my jersey and he is willing to wear it outside on a daily basis and not in a game, maybe I will sign it for him out of pity of his lack of style.

OhNoTimNoSho
06-04-2012, 10:29 AM
I feel bad for Kobe.. all these annoying ass people annoying his ass when hes tryin to chill. Like why you wanna shake his hand, he doesn't want your approval you ass gobblers.

nathanjizzle
06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
http://www.createagif.net/actual/2138102_CreateAgif.gif

White Mamba
06-04-2012, 10:44 AM
GODBE:bowdown: :bowdown:

Droid101
06-04-2012, 12:17 PM
I always ignore celebs I come in contact with (unless they initiate or whatever). Show some respect, respect their privacy.

06-04-2012, 12:20 PM
I always ignore celebs I come in contact with (unless they initiate or whatever). Show some respect, respect their privacy.

Pretty much this.

That sounds like the right thing to do. A grown man swooning over their heros is just too immature.

code green
06-04-2012, 12:44 PM
I've always wondered what I'd do if I saw a star Celtic or Patriot somewhere. I wouldn't just go approach the guy, but if Pierce or Brady walked by me, I'd probably just say "Hey man, huge fan. thanks for everything you've done for the Celtics/Patriots/whatever" and move on. Wouldn't harass him for an autograph or try to touch him though, that's a bit much.

Take Your Lumps
06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
I wouldn't be able to handle all those losers touching me while I'm walking...I think I'd snap :roll:

nextlife
06-04-2012, 12:56 PM
The video just made me feel sad for him. Really annoying video and fans. Leave them alone

inclinerator
06-04-2012, 12:58 PM
id love to give kobe a pat on the back :(

DirtySanchez
06-04-2012, 01:01 PM
He is always there...seen him twice there.

LA_Showtime
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
I would honestly flip shit if I was visiting Disneyland and saw Kobe Bryant walking down the street. Those people deserve a lot of credit for not crowding the guy and asking for autographs and pictures.

L8k3r5
06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Fools can't leave Kobe alone. Dude's out with his kids trying to have a good time. Instead, you have these strangers touching him on the shoulder and shit. WTF are they trying to do? Are they trying to find the fountain of youth or some shit? I know Kobe's a beast on the court, but the dude ain't no god...

SwayDizzle
06-04-2012, 01:08 PM
Fools can't leave Kobe alone. Dude's out with his kids trying to have a good time. Instead, you have these strangers touching him on the shoulder and shit. WTF are they trying to do? Are they trying to find the fountain of youth or some shit? I know Kobe's a beast on the court, but the dude ain't no god...
What did you just say? He ain't no god? That's Godbe in Disneyland :lol :lol :lol

Rysio
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
reported.

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 01:11 PM
I've always wondered what I'd do if I saw a star Celtic or Patriot somewhere. I wouldn't just go approach the guy, but if Pierce or Brady walked by me, I'd probably just say "Hey man, huge fan. thanks for everything you've done for the Celtics/Patriots/whatever" and move on. Wouldn't harass him for an autograph or try to touch him though, that's a bit much.
I wonder where the cutoff is between players who are worshiped in public so often there's no way they can't be tired of it (like a Kobe Bryant) and the players who actually probably enjoy being congratulated. For instance, would Eric Maynor like a stranger randomly walking up to him and saying, "Hey, huge fan, thanks for what you've done" or would even those types of players get those comments often enough to just want their space? I lean toward the latter.

My little brothers had Shane Battier guest at a small basketball camp last year and the good news is it seemed most everyone treated him like a normal person (I account half of that to the soccer moms having no idea who he was). I don't recall seeing any autograph requests and when people talked to him, it actually tended to be about the camp or his time playing high school ball in our area. Even with that, you could still tell he was the focal point of attention, so I wouldn't doubt he gets a large share of public attention when he pops up at a mall or something (not getting touched like Kobe, but I'm sure folks try to talk to him more than he'd like). As such, I'd relent from talking to professional players in public unless it happened naturally.

L8k3r5
06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
reported.
:oldlol: You know what I mean. He's not a god off the court

inclinerator
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
surprised he hand no bodyguard considering lebron23 and pauk are on the loose

AlphaWolf24
06-04-2012, 01:25 PM
:oldlol: You know what I mean. He's not a god off the court

Blasphemy...

Take Your Lumps
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM
I would honestly flip shit if I was visiting Disneyland and saw Kobe Bryant walking down the street. Those people deserve a lot of credit for not crowding the guy and asking for autographs and pictures.

Jesus Christ :facepalm

Lo1a
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/3631/kbnnat.jpg

Daughter gonna be tall like him...

Punpun
06-04-2012, 02:14 PM
Oh my. HIs daugther is freaking beautiful. That's what you get whn you have a mother as beautiful as Vanessa and a father as beautiful (or is it Handsome ?) as Kobe. His daugther is going to be a model. Book it.

The Macho Man
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Just buy disneyland so you don't gotta give dap to a bunch of fat mexicans.

tomtucker
06-04-2012, 02:19 PM
ever seen blake griffin there ?

jstern
06-04-2012, 02:23 PM
http://i.huffpost.com/gen/177349/KOBE-BRYANT-DISNEYLAND.jpg

Kobe smiling proudly because of the castle he build with all his bricks.

BEAST Griffin
06-04-2012, 02:24 PM

This.

Deuce Bigalow
06-04-2012, 02:26 PM

You mean LeBricks, like the one Lebron was shooting in the 4th quarter? :lebronamazed:

Punpun
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Dude, Kobe wears a Kobe t-shirt. :oldlol:

The Macho Man
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM

:roll: :roll:

His shirt makes this picture hilarious.

tpols
06-04-2012, 02:33 PM

His shirt makes this picture hilarious.
Thats def the kobe rape face.:eek:

chazzy
06-04-2012, 02:40 PM
lolll at wearing a shirt with your own face on it. Kobe going for that inception look. The Kobe on his shirt should be wearing a Kobe shirt

rwfletch22
06-04-2012, 02:41 PM
I was at the Hanes Mall in Winston Salem, NC this past black Friday waiting with the other fathers while our kids got their picture made with Santa.

Long story short, I was standing beside Chris Paul for about 4 or 5 minutes before I noticed who he was. My son was actually behind his little boy in the line. His son and mine looked to be similar age, then all of the sudden he asked me if I enjoyed being a father. I told him it was the greatest thing that had ever happened to me, and he agreed. This happened during the lockout so of course he was home and not working. He had not been traded yet, so I just asked him what he wanted to go down, his answer was that he just wanted to play ball and win a ring. We talked for a good while and no one even noticed him. When they were done with pictures he came over to me and stuck his hand out to shake. Really great guy! I thought it was an amazing experience, but it goes to show you these guys are humans just like us, no need to go crazy when you meet one.

The Macho Man
06-04-2012, 02:56 PM
I was at the Hanes Mall in Winston Salem, NC this past black Friday waiting with the other fathers while our kids got their picture made with Santa.

Long story short, I was standing beside Chris Paul for about 4 or 5 minutes before I noticed who he was. My son was actually behind his little boy in the line. His son and mine looked to be similar age, then all of the sudden he asked me if I enjoyed being a father. I told him it was the greatest thing that had ever happened to me, and he agreed. This happened during the lockout so of course he was home and not working. He had not been traded yet, so I just asked him what he wanted to go down, his answer was that he just wanted to play ball and win a ring. We talked for a good while and no one even noticed him. When they were done with pictures he came over to me and stuck his hand out to shake. Really great guy! I thought it was an amazing experience, but it goes to show you these guys are humans just like us, no need to go crazy when you meet one.

He was lying. Being in the NBA>>>>>>> being a father

SwayDizzle
06-04-2012, 02:57 PM
LoL @ Kobes wearing a T with his face on it

franchise#3
06-04-2012, 03:03 PM

Vanessa's feet :bowdown:

ace23
06-04-2012, 03:13 PM
This

NewYorkNoPicks
06-04-2012, 03:14 PM
So weird just realized my ex looked exactly like Vanessa...

Anyway yeah if I saw Kobe...I'd probably just tell him he's the man in passing and thats it. Couldn't really bother a celebrity, people dont realize how tough it must be for them to live even some morsel of a normal life.

Can you imagine not being able to go out in public ever? Just a simple thing like going to the store might bring you anxiety because youre wondering "hey is somebody who doesnt like me as a player going to attack me? are the paparazzi going to follow me the entire way there?". Just going out to get a gallon of milk is tough for these guys..

Nick Young
06-04-2012, 03:35 PM
goat FATHER:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bigsmoke
06-04-2012, 03:37 PM
weak.

GoRapz
06-04-2012, 03:58 PM
Damn so is Kobe still smashing??? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

28renyoy
06-04-2012, 04:07 PM
This is why being a professional athlete/celebrity blows. It would be much better making 500 million running a hedge fund

returnofthemack
06-04-2012, 04:33 PM
i saw juan gonzalez when he was hitting bombs for the tribe and i though holy shit this guy is huge. ive seen jamal lewis, bernie kosar and krazie bone and the only one i gave any serious thought about approching was krazie but i decided not to. i just dont have what it take to walk up to some dude and try t talk to them just bc they are famous. im sure they dont give a rat ass about talking to us

triangleoffense
06-04-2012, 04:41 PM

Anyway yeah if I saw Kobe...I'd probably just tell him he's the man in passing and thats it. Couldn't really bother a celebrity, people dont realize how tough it must be for them to live even some morsel of a normal life.

Can you imagine not being able to go out in public ever? Just a simple thing like going to the store might bring you anxiety because youre wondering "hey is somebody who doesnt like me as a player going to attack me? are the paparazzi going to follow me the entire way there?". Just going out to get a gallon of milk is tough for these guys..

that's tough sure, but believe me if i made millions of dollars like that or even hundreds of thousands to one million I would take that type of attention any day. Either way though it's not nice for someone to keep bothering him or following him around when it's clear that he doesn't want to talk and is with his family.

I believe most people got the idea right away and just said something to him in passing before realizing that he was with his family just like they are with theirs and they probably aren't enjoying all the added attention when out with the family.

AirTupac
06-04-2012, 05:04 PM
I thought that went well. Just a simple high five / handshake, no one really stopping him and annoying him... in that video at least.

JustinJDW
06-04-2012, 05:09 PM
Reminds me of when I saw Ron Artest at Six Flags. It wasn't nearly as low key as this though as there were literally a sea of people crowding around him touching him. Looked like he was enjoying it though and was shaking hands, which was nice. You really don't realize how huge these guys are until you see them up close in person. The guy was absolutely massive. Like a damn truck. The crowd basically just went up to just his stomach, and he was moving through the crowd with his elbows up as if he were trying not to trip over anyone, haha. Guys shoulders and chest looked like it stretched on for miles, no homo.

Anyways, he's pretty much the only celebrity I've seen real up close in person, except for Ric Flair. Saw him in an airport in San Antonio at like 7am in the morning when I was younger. My brothers went up and got an autograph, and he had to be the nicest guy in the world. My brother said, "Sir, Mr. Flair, can I get an autograph please." And he said, "Oh no, I'm no sir son. But it would be my pleasure."

Was pretty damn cool.

JM720
06-04-2012, 05:10 PM

You mean like this:

http://2daysports.com/img/articles/images/kobe-grocery-store.jpg

lol

Cant even go to a local grocery store without someone bothering. Seems to handle it well though.

bdreason
It must be so strange to have people just want to touch you everywhere you go. I'm sure it's cool at first... but it has to wear on you after awhile.

NewYorkNoPicks
Reminds me of when I saw Ron Artest at Six Flags. It wasn't nearly as low key as this though as there were literally a sea of people crowding around him touching him. Looked like he was enjoying it though and was shaking hands, which was nice. You really don't realize how huge these guys are until you see them up close in person. The guy was absolutely massive. Like a damn truck. The crowd basically just went up to just his stomach, and he was moving through the crowd with his elbows up as if he were trying not to trip over anyone, haha. Guys shoulders and chest looked like it stretched on for miles, no homo.

Anyways, he's pretty much the only celebrity I've seen real up close in person, except for Ric Flair. Saw him in an airport in San Antonio at like 7am in the morning when I was younger. My brothers went up and got an autograph, and he had to be the nicest guy in the world. My brother said, "Sir, Mr. Flair, can I get an autograph please." And he said, "Oh no, I'm no sir son. But it would be my pleasure."

Was pretty damn cool.

"Stylin and proflin, limousine drivin"

blablabla
06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
You mean like this:

lol

Cant even go to a local grocery store without someone bothering. Seems to handle it well though.
goat grocery shopper

Disaprine
06-04-2012, 05:13 PM
Dude, Kobe wears a Kobe t-shirt. :oldlol:
:lol

Heavincent
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I don't think Kobe minds too much. Maybe he enjoys the attention and admiration. Some celebrities are like that.

ThunderStruk022
06-04-2012, 05:47 PM
You mean like this:

lol

Did he forget he was inside?

ihoopallday
06-04-2012, 06:14 PM
Idk about you guys, but I think I'd love this attention. Btw, dude needs to have a son asap.

ThunderStruk022
06-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Idk about you guys, but I think I'd love this attention. Btw, dude needs to have a son asap.

Yes, because as we've seen with Jordan's sons, a son of Kobe would be destined to be a great player.

bwink23
06-04-2012, 06:32 PM

Call me when Jordan ever could walk through Disneyland at the peak of his popularity during normal business hours and not get mauled and shut the place down.

:coleman:

Dengness9
06-04-2012, 06:36 PM
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/gq/299-1.jpg

shhhhh

Punpun
06-04-2012, 06:37 PM
Why don't you show a pic of Jordan now ? :oldlol:

ihoopallday
06-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Yes, because as we've seen with Jordan's sons, a son of Kobe would be destined to be a great player.

True. I'm not suggesting that his son would be as great as him. It would just be a cool tradition to follow. His dad played NBA ball, so Kobe needs to keep that going.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Did he forget he was inside?
yeah, i doubt he was wearing them to TRY hiding his identity.

DuMa
06-04-2012, 07:18 PM
creepy kobe fans. theyre everywhere

d.bball.guy
06-04-2012, 07:22 PM
http://www.coverbrowser.com/image/gq/299-1.jpg

shhhhh
Sweet Jebuz is that his hairline? Good thing he shaved it.

Thats def the kobe rape face.:eek:
Kobe wearing a Kobe shirt :pimp:

ThunderStruk022
06-04-2012, 07:55 PM
yeah, i doubt he was wearing them to TRY hiding his identity.

Unless those sunglasses came attached to a ski mask, he wasn't going to hide shit.

SyRyanYang
06-04-2012, 08:06 PM
surprised he hand no bodyguard considering lebron23 and pauk are on the loose
:roll: Gawdbe would kick those losers asses:kobe:

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 08:35 PM
lolll at wearing a shirt with your own face on it. Kobe going for that inception look. The Kobe on his shirt should be wearing a Kobe shirt
Those guys just live in a different world. I'm imagining walking through a theme park with my girlfriend while I wear a shirt with my own face on it. Pretty sure she'd walk two paces ahead and pretend she didn't know me.

ripthekik
06-04-2012, 09:01 PM
he's with his daughters, pretty sure he won't get pissed in front of them.
if it was me i would get used to it.. as long as i dont get stopped, ppl don't waste my time. take pics? sure, do it while im walking. dont stop me n waste my time.

Scholar
06-04-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm surprised those fans weren't going crazy on him, begging for autographs & pictures. Maybe it was the atmosphere? Most people there were with families, so I'm sure grown men didn't want to start crying and going nuts in front of their kids. :confusedshrug:

It'd have been a cool experience, nonetheless, to see any athlete in public. Kobe is a cool dude.

I think I would've just taken a picture and kept it moving. Why the picture? So I can say, "Yeah, I was at Disneyland and I bet you won't believe who walked by."

d.bball.guy
06-04-2012, 09:36 PM
I feel a little bit sad because they're not complete.

JM720
06-04-2012, 09:46 PM
I feel a little bit sad because they're not complete.

http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/June%202012/b342a563.jpg

Kobe still knocking it down.

d.bball.guy
06-04-2012, 09:55 PM
http://i368.photobucket.com/albums/oo126/theybf/June%202012/b342a563.jpg

Kobe still knocking it down.
I didn't even notice :lol

WeGetRing2012
06-04-2012, 09:56 PM
I remember a few years ago I saw Shaq at the Santa Monica pier with his family (his old wife who is on the reality show now) and it took me by surprise because I was walking around a corner. I just yelled out "Shaq!!" and kinda froze. He was cool about it and just waved :lol I didn't even mean to be loud I just didn't expect to see him. And this was after he went to the Heat.

But in LA you see people all the time.

andgar923
06-04-2012, 09:58 PM

GOAT Kobe shirt wearer!!!

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 09:59 PM
As much as I can understand star's annoyance with public recognition, it can still be cool when they play along: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLTsku7E4g4

amfirst
06-04-2012, 10:17 PM
Kobe needs a baby boy.

usama123
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
$$100 Million later and he still has to put up with her...

I personally would have tried to get an auto from Vanessa

longtime lurker
06-04-2012, 10:35 PM
The best part of this is Kobe wearing a shirt with his picture on it :roll: :roll: who does that?

macpierce
06-04-2012, 10:40 PM
yeah, I dont think I could wear a shirt with my own face on it

GoRapz
06-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Oh my. HIs daugther is freaking beautiful. That's what you get whn you have a mother as beautiful as Vanessa and a father as beautiful (or is it Handsome ?) as Kobe. His daugther is going to be a model. Book it.

:roll: :wtf:

Fawker
06-04-2012, 11:08 PM
Disneyland lets the family ride by themselves. I would be embarrassed:oldlol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=SZUFxVihwZE

Rake2204
06-04-2012, 11:15 PM

Geez, that's almost weirder. It's like he's on display. Wonder how many kids grow up wanting to be an NBA star so strangers can chant their name while they ride alone in tea cups.

Solid Snake
06-04-2012, 11:34 PM
What am I missing here, is he NOT divorced from her? Are they back together or what??

Droid101
06-05-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm gonna need you to have a seat over there.

http://junkuchan.org/a/src/133610516799.jpg

chazzy
06-05-2012, 12:10 AM

Imagine if Kobe was just in there by himself right after the divorce, with a straight face the whole time