PDA

View Full Version : Is the "LeBron's Teammates Suck" excuse in the making yet again?

I.R.Beast
06-04-2012, 12:03 PM
Going on sports forums reading posts and getting input from other sport fanatics, I'm getting the impression that when he fails again that this is gonna be the excuse yet again despite him playing on arguably the best team in the league. This can't really be a valid excuse anymore can it?...

Discuss

Nick Young
06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
Anthony and Chalmers are scrubs, if Deron and Dwight come to Miami he will finally have a decent supporting cast

stallionaire
06-04-2012, 12:07 PM
DWADE isn't pulling his weight.

Indian guy
06-04-2012, 12:09 PM
It was a legitimate excuse in '09 and '10, since he had nothing resembling a championship roster around him.

NOBODY made excuses last season. They rightfully blamed him.

As far this year's concerned, just how stupid are you? How does Miami have anything resembling the best roster with Bosh out? They don't even do with him(Thunder do), but with Bosh out, they have the least talented roster of the remaining 4 teams.

bmulls
06-04-2012, 12:09 PM
It's the best team in the league because he's on it you idiot.

dunksby
06-04-2012, 12:10 PM
Nobody forced him to team up with Wade and Bosh.

Indian guy
06-04-2012, 12:11 PM
It's the best team in the league because he's on it you idiot.

It may very well be when Miami's HEALTHY, but since they are missing their 3rd best player, how the **** does LeBron not have a legitimate excuse?

Idiot.

Sarcastic
06-04-2012, 12:12 PM
Nobody forced him to team up with Wade and Bosh.

Pat Riley.

jstern
06-04-2012, 12:14 PM
To be honest I hear that excuse many, many, many more times with Kobe.

(e)
06-04-2012, 12:14 PM
He doesn't have a legit excuse. It's just unfortunate that Bosh is injured. They would have a semi injury excuse though, although that team should still be able to get to the Finals without Bosh since Chicago is out.

Droid101
06-04-2012, 12:15 PM
Pat Riley.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_yr2q6yl7ENk/TMr03i-Y35I/AAAAAAAABUM/wJgyAyM-T7M/s400/riley-shhh.jpg

bmulls
06-04-2012, 12:16 PM
It may very well be when Miami's HEALTHY, but since they are missing their 3rd best player, how the **** does LeBron not have a legitimate excuse?

Idiot.

I was talking to OP, idiot.

I.R.Beast
06-04-2012, 12:26 PM
Anthony and Chalmers are scrubs, if Deron and Dwight come to Miami he will finally have a decent supporting cast
Chalmers is playng better than Russel westbrook is for OKC in their Series..

Chalmers is averaging 14 ppg on 43% shooting westbrook is doing 15 on 34%...

harden is dropping 19% on 49% wade is doing 21 on 46%.... Why isnt durant getting excuses made for him?

I.R.Beast
06-04-2012, 12:28 PM
It was a legitimate excuse in '09 and '10, since he had nothing resembling a championship roster around him.

NOBODY made excuses last season. They rightfully blamed him.

As far this year's concerned, just how stupid are you? How does Miami have anything resembling the best roster with Bosh out? They don't even do with him(Thunder do), but with Bosh out, they have the least talented roster of the remaining 4 teams.
the thunder?....they run on 3 men too, and they are playing the best team in the spurs. EXCUSES. The thunder bench is nothing special.

jbryan1984
06-04-2012, 12:29 PM
He's just cursed. Even with the team he has now though, they still have failed to get the best overall record and they have failed to sweep anybody in the playoffs. He did that in Cleveland though. He has Wade and Bosh but the rest of the guys don't even compare to his Cavs rosters.

SilkkTheShocker
06-04-2012, 12:32 PM
He's just cursed. Even with the team he has now though, they still have failed to get the best overall record and they have failed to sweep anybody in the playoffs. He did that in Cleveland though. He has Wade and Bosh but the rest of the guys don't even compare to his Cavs rosters.

You mean those Cavs players that totally disappeared in the 09 and 10 playoffs?

LakersReign
06-04-2012, 12:36 PM
Going on sports forums reading posts and getting input from other sport fanatics, I'm getting the impression that when he fails again that this is gonna be the excuse yet again despite him playing on arguably the best team in the league. This can't really be a valid excuse anymore can it?...

Discuss

It was never really a valid excuse in the first place. Being that all those FAKE Cavs fans were STILL running their mouths about a Cavs title when he was there. But the minute they lost, it was "oh...well....the Cavs sucked." Then they all jumped the bandwagon the minute he left Cleveland talking bout how bad Lebron supposedly had it there. Like people don't remember they were the same ones talking sh*t about a title with those same Cavs. Now, they're doing the same thing with the Heat. At some point, NORMAL, THINKING, RATIONAL, people will have to look at the most common denominator on those teams, which is Lebron and conclude the problem isn't the teams and never was.

pauk
06-04-2012, 12:40 PM
Excuse or no Excuse... its the truth that counts... its like saying a crippled guy who cant walk is just an "excuse"... i guess so... but he still cant walk for that same reason aka. "excuse", just like Lebrons supporting cast in absence of Bosh doesnt allow him or makes it extremly difficult to win a championship with the way they have been playing lately is a reason aka. "excuse"...

Lebrons teammates dont suck, they just aint good enough (not good enough to do what he wants to do, win a championship) and have at this stage been playing way below even their own standards... offensively is not so much of a super problem, its DEFENSE.... and the Celtics present the worst mismatch of any team for his supporting cast, Big Men who toy with his 6'8 "big men" who are not any bigger than himself and an elite PG that toys with his awesome PGs...

dunksby
06-04-2012, 12:40 PM
So LeBron needs:
Mo Williams/Chalmers
D.Wade/Miller
Varejao/Big Z
Lebron/Battier
Bosh/Jamison

Droid101
06-04-2012, 12:55 PM
Excuse or no Excuse... its the truth that counts... its like saying a crippled guy who cant walk is just an "excuse"... i guess so... but he still cant walk for that same reason aka. "excuse", just like Lebrons supporting cast in absence of Bosh doesnt allow him or makes it extremly difficult to win a championship with the way they have been playing lately is a reason aka. "excuse"...

Lebrons teammates dont suck, they just aint good enough (not good enough to do what he wants to do, win a championship) and have at this stage been playing way below even their own standards... offensively is not so much of a super problem, its DEFENSE.... and the Celtics present the worst mismatch of any team for his supporting cast, Big Men who toy with his 6'8 "big men" who are not any bigger than himself and an elite PG that toys with his awesome PGs...
Um. At the beginning of the season, Heat fans were all "CHAMPIONSHIP CRUISE baby! Battier? Healthy Haslem? RINGS FOR DAYS BITCHEZZZ" and now "LeBron doesn't have enough help."

You can't even make stuff up this hilarious.

pauk
06-04-2012, 01:02 PM
Um. At the beginning of the season, Heat fans were all "CHAMPIONSHIP CRUISE baby! Battier? Healthy Haslem? RINGS FOR DAYS BITCHEZZZ" and now "LeBron doesn't have enough help."

You can't even make stuff up this hilarious.

Thats what fans do...... cheer, overreact, being biased... but we shall see, the series is tied right now, both teams simply took care of their homecourt, it could have easily been 3-1 for the Heat... Heat can still win this despite:

1. Bosh being out, he is basically the only "big guy" they have inside and a BIG missing puzzle offensively...
2. Wade is performing way below under his standards, either thats the case or he is simply declining.... maybe a bit of both...
3. The supporting cast is not hitting their entirely open shots and is just way to undersized defensively against Celtics...

Lebron does have maybe enough help... the problem is that that "help" is not helping as much as they could, Celtics present a nightmarish matchup defensively for them, they are playing way below their standards offensively, especially Wade (he is much better than this), Bosh has been injured aswell....

LA_Showtime
06-04-2012, 01:06 PM
I'll just ignore Wade and Bosh since everyone knows what they bring the table.

Chalmers is a damn good role player whose value around the league will only grow when/if the Heat win a title. I can't stand the guy because he comes off as a jack ass, but the guy is a baller. He always seems to show up for big games.

Add in Miller, Battier, Anthony, Haslem, etc. and you've got yourself a lot of quality role players. If I had to criticize the Heat, I would criticize LeBron and Wade for not getting the other guys involved more. When Boston came together they sacrificed shots for the team; the only people who have sacrificed for the Heat are Bosh and the role players.

Jacks3
06-04-2012, 01:10 PM
Not LeBron's fault that Wade has been well below his usual standards and Bosh got hurt.

clipse
06-04-2012, 01:14 PM
The Heat were built on 3 stars and then plugging the roster with the best available players willing to take whatever $$$ was offered. The risk with having 3 superstars is that if one gets injured (Bosh in the playoffs), it forces a much heavier burden on the remaining 2 stars and for others to step up who have not necessarily been given the opportunity to carry such expectaions. Having 3 stars took away from any kind of depth, and injuries are inevitable. As nice as it is to see Lebron, Wade, and Bosh on one roster, Riley knew full well he was putting all his eggs in one basket in sacrificing a half decent roster around those 3. There are no excuses... injuries are part of professional sports.

pauk
06-04-2012, 01:15 PM
If Lebron doesnt win a championship or lose this series then the problem that caused that result would be obvious... thats all im saying... Last year you could blame it on Lebron due to his 18 ppg Finals performance and 24-8-6 playoffs performance, fine.. but this playoffs he averages 30-9-6 @ 50% FG and in this Celtic series 32-10-5 @ 52% FG and playing remarkable defense trying to guard 5 positions and leads everybody in 4th quarter scoring, this playoff run by Lebron is actually his 2nd best Playoff run of his career production wise, 2nd only to that 35-9-7 playoff run he had in Cleveland, his PER is off the charts and infact his PER is on track of being one of the 5 best playoff PER ratings in NBA history....

The Iron Fist
06-04-2012, 01:29 PM

Kobe would make those guys champs just like he turned bronze into gold.

I.R.Beast
06-04-2012, 01:32 PM
If Lebron doesnt win a championship or lose this series then the problem that caused that result would be obvious... thats all im saying... Last year you could blame it on Lebron due to his 18 ppg Finals performance and 24-8-6 playoffs performance, fine.. but this playoffs he averages 30-9-6 @ 50% FG and in this Celtic series 32-10-5 @ 52% FG and playing remarkable defense trying to guard 5 positions and leads everybody in 4th quarter scoring, this playoff run by Lebron is actually his 2nd best Playoff run of his career production wise, 2nd only to that 35-9-7 playoff run he had in Cleveland, his PER is off the charts and infact his PER is on track of being one of the 5 best playoff PER ratings in NBA history....
Remarkable defense my ass. Who cares if he's guarding 5 positions if they are still taxing his ass.. he's so overrated defensively it makes me sick. He aint stoppin nobody. Granger is the only player he stopped, and granger took himself out of games trying to shoot jumpers all day.

Sarcastic
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Lebron picked this team himself. He has no one to blame but himself.

Nash
06-04-2012, 01:39 PM
But honestly, dude is averaging almost a triple double with 30+ points. Its not like you can point the finger at him.

When he gets Bosh back healthy then that excuse isn't legit, but as long as Wade isn't performing and Bosh is out then that excuse is understandable. You have to understand that Miami is a unique team built in a very, very different way. They are one of the most top heavy teams in the history of the game and one injury to a star player changes the dynamic a whole lot. People need to take notice to things like that before playing the blame game. Blaming Lebron for Wade not playing up to standard and Bosh being out is just not fair.

Hammertime
06-04-2012, 01:43 PM
But honestly, dude is averaging almost a triple double with 30+ points. Its not like you can point the finger at him.

So, as long as a player puts up numbers, you cannot criticize his game in any way?

guy
06-04-2012, 01:43 PM
If Bosh never came to this team, and it was just Lebron and Wade with Haslem being their starting PF, I'm pretty sure everyone would've still expected them to win multiple rings due to the greatness of Lebron and Wade. So no, I don't agree that its a valid excuse. I don't really believe it was even a valid excuse in his last year in Cleveland.

The only reason people think its a valid excuse now is cause there standards are much lower for some of you now with or without Bosh because they ended up losing last year, which can almost completely be blamed on Lebron and his choking.

scm5
06-04-2012, 01:48 PM
I was watching the game at the airport last night, and someone there put it best when Lebron made the pass to Haslem for the last shot of regulation.

"Lebron isn't a winner. Don't get me wrong, he can BALL, but he just isn't a winner."

Nash
06-04-2012, 01:52 PM
So, as long as a player puts up numbers, you cannot criticize his game in any way?
But there is no valid reason to blame him for. What are we suppose to blame him for? For not averaging 45+ ppg? Basketball is a team game played by 5, not 1. There is only that much one individual can do.

Hammertime
06-04-2012, 01:57 PM
But there is no valid reason to blame him for. What are we suppose to blame him for? For not averaging 45+ ppg? Basketball is a team game played by 5, not 1. There is only that much one individual can do.

Could it be possible that LeBron needs to adjust his game? I mean, things didn't work out in Cleveland, and the solution is what? To put another team around him in Miami while LeBron plays the exact same way?

People talk about how Anthony and other Cs on this Heat team are garbage. LeBron needs a better center. Okay, fine. Anthony takes 2 shots a game. Say they got Dalembert earlier in the season. How much better will he do than Anthony on 2 shots a game? He'll take more? Where will those come from? Would LeBron take fewer in a hypothetical scenario of having better teammates?

I.R.Beast
06-04-2012, 01:59 PM

When he gets Bosh back healthy then that excuse isn't legit, but as long as Wade isn't performing and Bosh is out then that excuse is understandable. You have to understand that Miami is a unique team built in a very, very different way. They are one of the most top heavy teams in the history of the game and one injury to a star player changes the dynamic a whole lot. People need to take notice to things like that before playing the blame game. Blaming Lebron for Wade not playing up to standard and Bosh being out is just not fair.
Almost a triple double?.... he's not even averaging 6 assists.....thats not almost a triple double and since when has almost counted.

Indian guy
06-04-2012, 02:08 PM
If Bosh never came to this team, and it was just Lebron and Wade with Haslem being their starting PF, I'm pretty sure everyone would've still expected them to win multiple rings due to the greatness of Lebron and Wade.

Not with the role players they had, no.

More importantly, this is not really relevant. We have seen Miami on the court without Bosh, and they do not look like a contender. No team with a front line rotation of Joel Anthony, Haslem and Turiaf would. Miami's not underachieving out there without Bosh. This is how any team with a perimeter-led attack would look like without a decent big and below average role players.

The only reason people think its a valid excuse now is cause there standards are much lower

Miami has been the predominant favorites for the title for much of this season. I don't think the standards have been lower at all. The standards were only lowered after Bosh went down. Rightfully so.

or without Bosh because they ended up losing last year, which can almost completely be blamed on Lebron and his choking.

Yes, but the only reason LeBron's meltdown even mattered is because they were in a position to win - a position they would NOT have been in if Bosh wasn't there.

This is just getting sad now. Everybody can see that Miami simply doesn't have the talent without Bosh to be a legit contender, but they're so full of hatred, so eager to blame LeBron for something, that they'll just lie to themselves and pretend Miami should win because....I really, really dislike LeBron. Pathetic.

DukeDelonte13
06-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Miami is too top-heavy while the Cavs didn't have a legit 2nd option. I still think the last 2 cavs teams were constructed better than this Miami team. Lebron should have stuck it out in CLE and helped recruit Bosh/Amare.

LakersReign
06-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Could it be possible that LeBron needs to adjust his game? I mean, things didn't work out in Cleveland, and the solution is what? To put another team around him in Miami while LeBron plays the exact same way?

People talk about how Anthony and other Cs on this Heat team are garbage. LeBron needs a better center. Okay, fine. Anthony takes 2 shots a game. Say they got Dalembert earlier in the season. How much better will he do than Anthony on 2 shots a game? He'll take more? Where will those come from? Would LeBron take fewer in a hypothetical scenario of having better teammates?

Lebron fans would never admit that cuz then it would certainly mean he was never all that to begin with. Lebron needs to become the passer on this team, it's as simple as that. But doing so would mean forever eliminate him from the Jordan conversation. Magic and Jon Barry said the same thing after last year's Finals. SOMEBODY on this Heat team needs to become the passer. The sooner Lebron fans realize Lebron is more Karl Malone than Jordan, the better off they'll be.

LamarOdom
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM
Lebron fans would never admit that cuz then it would certainly mean he was never all that to begin with. Lebron needs to become the passer on this team, it's as simple as that. But doing so would mean forever eliminate him from the Jordan conversation. Magic and Jon Barry said the same thing after last year's Finals. SOMEBODY on this Heat team needs to become the passer. The sooner Lebron fans realize Lebron is more Karl Malone than Jordan, the better off they'll be.

In what way is LeBron a Karl Marlone?

LBJ 23
06-04-2012, 02:31 PM

Are we already forgetting last year's Finals against Dallas? He went away from his ''Lebron ball'' and let Wade be clear cut number 1 option and scorer. He was playing like a legit 2/3rd option. How it turned out?

Hammertime
06-04-2012, 02:32 PM
In what way is LeBron a Karl Marlone?

In that they both wilted under pressure and did not deliver when it counted.

And I grew up idolizing Malone.

Hammertime
06-04-2012, 02:33 PM
Are we already forgetting last year's Finals against Dallas? He went away from his ''Lebron ball'' and let Wade be clear cut number 1 option and scorer. He was playing like a legit 2/3rd option. How it turned out?

So, there's only one possible way for LeBron to adjust his game and it's to stop playing in the fourth?

Nash
06-04-2012, 02:33 PM

Change his game? No, not really. Just better contribution from the rest of the guys when Bosh is out. Thats it. With Bosh there and healthy, they have no excuses. But for now, there is no front court.

Have you noticed how good they play when Wade is playing up to his standards? Lebron consistently gives you 30 ppg and when Wade does the same, Miami are very good. But when that's not happening, then they have problems. And Boston are smart, they've understood that Miami don't have enough when Wade is double teamed and Lebron is their only other option. They understand that this team is not good enough if both of them can't go hard the whole game.

Hopefully for them Wade can afford to have a 20 points in a game when Bosh comes back and offers you his 17-20 and his presence in the paint. With Bosh back it opens up the lanes for Lebron and Wade and if they continue to double team Wade then they'll pay for leaving Bosh and Lebron open.

guy
06-04-2012, 02:39 PM
Not with the role players they had, no.

More importantly, this is not really relevant. We have seen Miami on the court without Bosh, and they do not look like a contender. No team with a front line rotation of Joel Anthony, Haslem and Turiaf would. Miami's not underachieving out there without Bosh. This is how any team with a perimeter-led attack would look like without a decent big and below average role players.

Miami has been the predominant favorites for the title for much of this season. I don't think the standards have been lower at all. The standards were only lowered after Bosh went down. Rightfully so.

Yes, but the only reason LeBron's meltdown even mattered is because they were in a position to win - a position they would NOT have been in if Bosh wasn't there.

This is just getting sad now. Everybody can see that Miami simply doesn't have the talent without Bosh to be a legit contender, but they're so full of hatred, so eager to blame LeBron for something, that they'll just lie to themselves and pretend Miami should win because....I really, really dislike LeBron. Pathetic.

I'm not saying the standards aren't deservingly lower for this team since Bosh went out. They are. I'm saying that the standards were already lower for this team then they originally were with Bosh. They went from a team that could potentially win 70+ games and 3-6 titles to a team that would lose to the deeper Bulls or more experienced Celtics. Then they beat them and everyone's expectations went up again and they thought the title was a given, then Lebron completely choked. Now they are considered a team that would be lucky enough to win 1 title. Now if people's expectations didn't become lower with Bosh, they wouldn't be this low without him.

Lebron is one of the greatest talents ever. Even if he was only teaming up with Wade, those two were pretty much considered 2 of the top 3 players in the league. Thats enough for people to say the exact same thing. All this is proving is that neither Lebron or Wade are really as great as people say i.e. on the Jordan/Magic/Bird level. And I don't understand why you are defending this. Aren't you the one that goes on and on about how much Lebron sucks nowadays?

Hammertime
06-04-2012, 02:44 PM
Change his game? No, not really.

So, three superstars team up on a new team, and two of them are required to make adjustments but one of them is supposed to play the exact same way as before? Basically, Bosh ought to become Sideshow Bob and Wade ought to become Mo Williams.

LBJ 23
06-04-2012, 02:46 PM
So, there's only one possible way for LeBron to adjust his game and it's to stop playing in the fourth?

No, in my opinion he needs to start playing like the best player in the world and forget what will his boyfriend Wade think or say about him. He doesn't owe him anything and when they step on the court he has to forget about friendship. Only then, his confidence will rise and he will begin to play like his old self....

TheMan
06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
LeBron has been playing well, not his fault Wade has been up and down.

Hammertime
06-04-2012, 02:55 PM
No, in my opinion he needs to start playing like the best player in the world and forget what will his boyfriend Wade think or say about him. He doesn't owe him anything and when they step on the court he has to forget about friendship. Only then, his confidence will rise and he will begin to play like his old self....

Great. LeBron needs to take even more shots and then he will win. Just like in Cleveland, right?

LBJ 23
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
Great. LeBron needs to take even more shots and then he will win. Just like in Cleveland, right?

So, Lebron needs to play even more passive and less ball dominant and then he will win. Just like against Dallas, right?

Putting words in other people's mouth can work in both ways.....

I.R.Beast
06-04-2012, 03:09 PM
LeBron has been playing well, not his fault Wade has been up and down.
or is it?... The trend of making his teammates less productive continues.

cteach111
06-04-2012, 03:12 PM
I'm not saying the standards aren't deservingly lower for this team since Bosh went out. They are. I'm saying that the standards were already lower for this team then they originally were with Bosh. They went from a team that could potentially win 70+ games and 3-6 titles to a team that would lose to the deeper Bulls or more experienced Celtics. Then they beat them and everyone's expectations went up again and they thought the title was a given, then Lebron completely choked. Now they are considered a team that would be lucky enough to win 1 title. Now if people's expectations didn't become lower with Bosh, they wouldn't be this low without him.

Lebron is one of the greatest talents ever. Even if he was only teaming up with Wade, those two were pretty much considered 2 of the top 3 players in the league. Thats enough for people to say the exact same thing. All this is proving is that neither Lebron or Wade are really as great as people say i.e. on the Jordan/Magic/Bird level. And I don't understand why you are defending this. Aren't you the one that goes on and on about how much Lebron sucks nowadays?

how bout we wait till the postseason is over before dismissing the Heat as just another team? Let's see what they got now that Bosh is returning to the lineup. They looked pretty solid to me when everyone was healthy.

I.R.Beast
06-04-2012, 03:14 PM
So, Lebron needs to play even more passive and less ball dominant and then he will win. Just like against Dallas, right?

he needs to learn to shoot, learn to score without dribbling the air out of the ball, Learn how to play without the ball outside of running the floor.

Look at how Kevin durant allows his guys to create for him coming off of curls spacing the floor etc. LeBron does nothing of the sort...He has trouble being productive without hurting his teammates productivity. Which is why i say durant is better .

LBJ 23
06-04-2012, 03:15 PM
or is it?... The trend of making his teammates less productive continues.

True. Just look at Mo Wiliams dominating wherever he plays now.

TheCorporation
06-04-2012, 03:21 PM
LeBrons putting up 30/8/6 during the playoffs on 50% shooting, they don't have Bosh and yet when they lose it is somehow LeBron's fault?

Not to mention, Wade has been streaky.

TheCorporation
06-04-2012, 03:23 PM

I don't think he is worry about Wade and Wade's performance in that matter.

LeBron is getting his, Wade needs to step up now that Bosh hasn't been playing for the last 9 games.

LeFraud James
06-04-2012, 03:33 PM
You mean those Cavs players that totally disappeared in the 09 and 10 playoffs?

How can you blame them when they were forced to spot up on the 3 point line and watch LeBron dribble the air out of the ball?

When push finally came to shove and teams started getting the ball out of LeBron's hands, his teammates didn't know what they should do with it. Part of the blame goes on the coaching for relying too heavily on LeBron, but when the gameplan is based solely on you handling the ball, you have to be able to CONSISTENTLY get your teammates involved.

That, or learn how to play off the ball.

LBJ 23
06-04-2012, 03:39 PM
I don't think he is worry about Wade and Wade's performance in that matter.

LeBron is getting his, Wade needs to step up now that Bosh hasn't been playing for the last 9 games.

I agree, I wasn't clear enough, my point was mostly for the last minutes of the game when the game is close or for the gamewinning shot. I believe that he just cannot knock the ''should I take the last shoot or Wade'' thought out of his head when shooting in the clutch and it's affecting his shot in a negative way.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
This whole notion that Lebron 'makes his teammates better' is starting to become a myth. Other than that 3PT he nailed with 30 or so seconds left, none of his points really had any impact. Yeah, they're within the flow of the game. Yeah, you take any points you can get - but in the grand scheme of things, Lebron's play has had less and less bearing to the final outcome. Remember, it wasn't until Wade had a HUGE game in Indiana that the Heat made their run and eventually pulled away.

I don't know man. Scorers like KD, Kobe and often times Wade keep the defense honest. They can work in the post, shoot from deep/midrange. Their skillset and versatility seem to make defenses ACTUALLY pay, whereas Lebron picks up garbage/erroneous points.

There's something to be said about his teammates having career years without him. That's all I gotta say.

Hammertime
06-04-2012, 03:57 PM

Being a ball-dominant player for 9 years hasn't worked, but yes, let's keep doing it.

LakersReign
06-04-2012, 04:03 PM
Being a ball-dominant player for 9 years hasn't worked, but yes, let's keep doing it.

Like I said in my previous post, Lebron fans aren't going to say that Lebron needs to change his game, cuz for them it's all about comparing him to Jordan. Jordan's teammates had to raise their games to play with him. If Lebron somehow has to change his game, to play with his teammates, the reverse of what happened with Jordan. Then they'd have to admit he wasn't all that to begin with. And never belonged in the Jordan conversation at all.

The Iron Fist
06-04-2012, 04:46 PM
No, in my opinion he needs to start playing like the best player in the world and forget what will his boyfriend Wade think or say about him. He doesn't owe him anything and when they step on the court he has to forget about friendship. Only then, his confidence will rise and he will begin to play like his old self....he plays nothing like Kobe though.

tmacattack33
06-04-2012, 04:51 PM

Discuss

I was unaware that lebrons supporting cast without bosh was the best team in the league. If it is, then you may be on to something.

The Iron Fist
06-04-2012, 04:53 PM
I was unaware that lebrons supporting cast without bosh was the best team in the league. If it is, then you may be on to something.
:lol its gonna be easy. We can get Riley to play pg:lol

triangleoffense
06-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Hopefully no one is using this excuse. Imagine anyone thinking about using this one after the decision. People have such short term memories.. remember when JVG said the heat were going 82-0? :facepalm

Replay32
06-04-2012, 11:31 PM
The problem I see with this Heat team "this year" is Wade and coaching. Lebron improved his game over the summer, but I can't say the same for Wade. Wade is basically coasting, picking his spots when to play hard, and is letting Lebron carry most of the load most nights.

The same was true last year too, but this year Wade has been out right INCONSISTENT. Lebron is in the post more this year, is taking less threes this year and is playing more off the ball. On Offense and defense lebron has played all five positions in some games. The dude has been asked to guard KG (a center) in this series. And he's still the Heat's most consistent player and he's averaging 30ppg, 9rpg, 5apg, and 2spg in these playoffs. Come on man.

Lebron expends so much energy during these games that he might as well be in Cleveland still.

But back to Wade. Where is the improvement in his game. His jumper is broke and has been all year. He hasn't improved off the ball. All his points come off post ups and pick and rolls. His role for this team is to be the Heat's scorer, and closer (you know like kobe and durant). And when he's doubled he has to be a playmaker, and make good passes. But he's done a poor job. Last year in the finals he was bad closing games also, so he shouldn't be without some blame there either.

Against this Celtics team Wade can't even hit a mid range jump shot. This will open up so much for the heat if he was a great shooter. And let's not talk about his FT shooting. He's a shooting guard who is an very inconsistent shooter. Obviously he is not putting the work in this area and should be called out.

Lebron shouldn't get blamed for anything going on this year. Wade needs to step his game up and improve his game. He also needs to be held accountable just as much as Lebron. Wade isn't carrying his load period.

gilalizard
06-04-2012, 11:52 PM
Pat Riley.

Pat Riley didn't force him. Though I'm sure he talked him into it with visions of multiple championship rings and waves of South Beach silicone whores.

gilalizard
06-04-2012, 11:54 PM
That team with prime Wade and prime LeBron is somehow ever shorthanded is laughable.

gilalizard
06-05-2012, 12:00 AM

Injuries aren't an excuse. Everyone faces it.

If a team can lose a player of Bosh's caliber, and still have a prime Wade and prime LeBron, that's the definition of stacked.

Every team deals with streaky roleplayers. But if Wade is sucking and streaky, it's somehow the roleplayers' fault? Of if LeBron stops getting, for one game anyway, the ultra-superstar, historically-favored ref bias he normally gets, it's the roleplayers' fault?

Lord Leoshes
06-05-2012, 02:26 AM
The Heat would sweep all 3 teams if it was a 2-on-2. :rockon:

ralph_i_el
06-05-2012, 02:27 AM
people will be using that excuse until lebron joins the monstars

Hammertime
06-05-2012, 02:50 AM
I love the argument that other players should shoulder the blame if the Heat lose. Isn't LeBron supposed to be the MVP? GOAT candidate? How in the world can other people be responsible?

Wade isn't carrying his load? Wade's not supposed to carry the ****ing load. He's LeBron's sidekick now, isn't he?

Haslem's not hitting the game winners? He's ****ing Udonis Haslem? Why the hell is he supposed to close games on a team featuring the MVP?

That's like saying it wasn't Karl Malone's fault he didn't deliver in the clutch back against MJ's Bulls, it was Shandon Anderson's fault because he missed some crucial layups.

Lord Leoshes
06-05-2012, 03:39 AM
I love the argument that other players should shoulder the blame if the Heat lose. Isn't LeBron supposed to be the MVP? GOAT candidate? How in the world can other people be responsible?

Wade isn't carrying his load? Wade's not supposed to carry the ****ing load. He's LeBron's sidekick now, isn't he?

Haslem's not hitting the game winners? He's ****ing Udonis Haslem? Why the hell is he supposed to close games on a team featuring the MVP?

That's like saying it wasn't Karl Malone's fault he didn't deliver in the clutch back against MJ's Bulls, it was Shandon Anderson's fault because he missed some crucial layups.

Then maybe everyone besides Bron should just sit on the sidelines.:rolleyes:

Hammertime
06-05-2012, 04:21 AM
Then maybe everyone besides Bron should just sit on the sidelines.:rolleyes:

That seems to be the effect he has on teammates one way or another.

Lebron23
06-05-2012, 04:29 AM
LeBron is the best player in this series.

madmax
06-05-2012, 04:44 AM
This whole notion that Lebron 'makes his teammates better' is starting to become a myth. Other than that 3PT he nailed with 30 or so seconds left, none of his points really had any impact. Yeah, they're within the flow of the game. Yeah, you take any points you can get - but in the grand scheme of things, Lebron's play has had less and less bearing to the final outcome. Remember, it wasn't until Wade had a HUGE game in Indiana that the Heat made their run and eventually pulled away.

I don't know man. Scorers like KD, Kobe and often times Wade keep the defense honest. They can work in the post, shoot from deep/midrange. Their skillset and versatility seem to make defenses ACTUALLY pay, whereas Lebron picks up garbage/erroneous points.

There's something to be said about his teammates having career years without him. That's all I gotta say.

care to provide any examples?

The Iron Fist
06-05-2012, 09:43 AM
Shannon Brown, ex Cav, ex nobody.

Joins the Lakers and becomes a two time champ.

triangleoffense
06-05-2012, 09:50 AM

Yep that's a good example to draw from. In fact I would say it's worse because Wade and James are two of the best players in the league and they also have another top5 player at his position in Bosh.

swi7ch
06-05-2012, 09:57 AM
Wade defnitely sucks in this series. He looks more washed up than Ray Allen it's embarassing and painful to watch.

blablabla
06-05-2012, 10:35 AM

Ricky Davis

2003 Pre LeBron: 21/5/6 49 TS%
2004 w/ LeBron: 15/6/5 49 TS%
2004 Post LeBron: 14/5/3 55 TS%

Carlos Boozer
2004 w/ LeBron: 16/11/2 56 TS%
2005 Post LeBron: 18/9/3 56 TS%

Drew Gooden
2008 w/ LeBron 11/8/1 49 TS%
2008 Post LeBron: 14/9/2 51 TS%

Larry Hughes
2005 pre LeBron: 22/6/5 53 TS%
2007 w/ LeBron: 12/3/3 50 TS%
2008 post LeBron: 12/3/3 52 TS%

Delonte West
2007 Pre LeBron: 12/3/4 53 TS%
2008 with LeBron: 8/3/4 49 TS%
2011 arrested/went insane

Anderson Varejao
2010 w/ LeBron: 9/8/1 60 TS%
injured 2011
2012 post LeBron: 11/12/2 54 TS%

Wally Z
2008 pre LeBron: 13/3/1 57 TS%
2008 w/ LeBron: 8/3/1 45 TS%
injured 2010

Antawn Jamison
2010 pre LeBron: 21/9/1 53 TS%
2010 w/ LeBron 16/8/1 52 TS%
2011 post LeBron: 18/7/2 52 TS%

Shaquille O'Neal
2009 pre LeBron 18/8/2 62 TS%
2010 w/ LeBron 12/7/2 57 TS%
He broke down the next season

dunksby
06-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Lebron should have teamed up with these guys:
http://static7.businessinsider.com/image/4f35692eecad047363000057/space-jam-nba-monsters.jpg

Nick Young
06-05-2012, 11:34 AM
Ricky Davis

2003 Pre LeBron: 21/5/6 49 TS%
2004 w/ LeBron: 15/6/5 49 TS%
2004 Post LeBron: 14/5/3 55 TS%

Carlos Boozer
2004 w/ LeBron: 16/11/2 56 TS%
2005 Post LeBron: 18/9/3 56 TS%

Drew Gooden
2008 w/ LeBron 11/8/1 49 TS%
2008 Post LeBron: 14/9/2 51 TS%

Larry Hughes
2005 pre LeBron: 22/6/5 53 TS%
2007 w/ LeBron: 12/3/3 50 TS%
2008 post LeBron: 12/3/3 52 TS%

Delonte West
2007 Pre LeBron: 12/3/4 53 TS%
2008 with LeBron: 8/3/4 49 TS%
2011 arrested/went insane

Anderson Varejao
2010 w/ LeBron: 9/8/1 60 TS%
injured 2011
2012 post LeBron: 11/12/2 54 TS%

Wally Z
2008 pre LeBron: 13/3/1 57 TS%
2008 w/ LeBron: 8/3/1 45 TS%
injured 2010

Antawn Jamison
2010 pre LeBron: 21/9/1 53 TS%
2010 w/ LeBron 16/8/1 52 TS%
2011 post LeBron: 18/7/2 52 TS%

Shaquille O'Neal
2009 pre LeBron 18/8/2 62 TS%
2010 w/ LeBron 12/7/2 57 TS%
He broke down the next season
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Chrono90
06-05-2012, 12:01 PM
is anyone going to give the celtics any credit????

maybe the celtics played simply better????

Eat Like A Bosh
06-05-2012, 12:16 PM
The center position is really the only weakness. They are not going to need a real ball dominant PG with Wade and LBJ anyways. Chalmers is definitely not a scrub. In fact I wish he was on my team. Wade, LeBron, Bosh, Chalmers, with Battier, Miller, Haslem off the bench, that doesn't look shabby at all.