PDA

View Full Version : Moving to the US in less than 2 months! Any advice?

millwad
06-05-2012, 09:48 AM
It's time for my year as an exchange student at Texas A&M and I'm majoring in business and marketing.

I've had so much to do so I haven't really prepared mentally yet, it's not like I'm going to war, haha, or anything but still, it's a big change in many ways.

I've been in Houston before so it's not like I've never been in the US but I have no idea really how the system is over there as a student, only ignorant prejudice thoughts after seeing crappy college-movies.. :facepalm

Any college students here? How much do you spend on monthly basis? Where do you live? How much is an ok price for rent? Is getting a car a must? How many hours a week do you study? Are college girls as CHEAP as in 'em movies?

Ohhhhhh, so many questions...

rufuspaul
06-05-2012, 09:51 AM
You will need to buy a handgun as soon as you arrive. It's mandatory in Texas. You'll also need a cowboy hat and boots and a large American flag so you can wave it at passers by and shout "USA! USA!".

nathanjizzle
06-05-2012, 09:59 AM
texas a&m millwad :roll: :roll: :roll: this kid is going to be lost.

ace23
06-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Will you be hooping for the school?

bagelred
06-05-2012, 10:31 AM
Moving to Texas? Prepare to be unenlightened.

Oh, and buy some bigger clothing.......be prepared to gain 30 - 50 pounds.

QUIZZLE
06-05-2012, 10:32 AM
Be ready for some of the best barbecue in your life. Bring warm clothes as Houston gets icy compared to Sweden.

Nah, I wish you luck man. I'm studying abroad right now and am going home in less than a month. You'll have a great time.

millwad
06-05-2012, 10:38 AM
Will you be hooping for the school?

Nope, I can't.
I have a contract with a swedish club and even though the swedish first league is a low-level league it made me non-eligible. It sucks, especially considering that I've barely made a profit by playing in the league.

It would have been a great experience that I'm missing out on.

rezznor
06-05-2012, 11:00 AM
It's time for my year as an exchange student at Texas A&M and I'm majoring in business and marketing.

I've had so much to do so I haven't really prepared mentally yet, it's not like I'm going to war, haha, or anything but still, it's a big change in many ways.

I've been in Houston before so it's not like I've never been in the US but I have no idea really how the system is over there as a student, only ignorant prejudice thoughts after seeing crappy college-movies.. :facepalm

Any college students here? How much do you spend on monthly basis? Where do you live? How much is an ok price for rent? Is getting a car a must? How many hours a week do you study? Are college girls as CHEAP as in 'em movies?

you would have enjoyed austin more then college station

Scholar
06-05-2012, 11:52 AM
I'm not looking up gas prices for Sweden, but I can tell you now that the USA has expensive gasoline. A car isn't mandatory. I'm sure you can live off of riding a bicycle or walking to and from college.

creepingdeath
06-05-2012, 01:22 PM
I'm not looking up gas prices for Sweden, but I can tell you now that the USA has expensive gasoline. A car isn't mandatory. I'm sure you can live off of riding a bicycle or walking to and from college.
Gas prices in Europe are more than twice as expensive as in the US.

Cowboy Thunder
06-05-2012, 01:57 PM
Go to all of the Aggie football games and enjoy watching them lose.

Aggie tears taste the sweetest.

joe
06-05-2012, 02:18 PM
You will need to buy a handgun as soon as you arrive. It's mandatory in Texas. You'll also need a cowboy hat and boots and a large American flag so you can wave it at passers by and shout "USA! USA!".

lmao

Bucket_Nakedz
06-05-2012, 03:31 PM
Good. thats probably the worst state in our country. Trash deserves trash.

millwad
06-05-2012, 03:33 PM

$8.40 per gallon is pretty normal in Sweden, what about the US?

millwad
06-05-2012, 03:35 PM
Good. thats probably the worst state in our country. Trash deserves trash.

Then I guess your mother lives there.:sleeping

Bucket_Nakedz
06-05-2012, 03:38 PM
Then I guess your mother lives there.:sleeping
Then youll do well in texas. because like you, they also say rendundant yo mama jokes and think its funny... FAKKIT!

KevinNYC
06-05-2012, 06:15 PM
:durantunimpressed: Houston's averages are 26 degrees warmer than Sweden's.

I think you missed the joke. Also Milwad is probably used to degrees Celsius.

as for what you should do, during your time in Houston, you should save up some money and visit Austin, TX and New Orleans, LA both of which are drivable from Houston and more fun.

millwad
06-05-2012, 06:58 PM
I think you missed the joke. Also Milwad is probably used to degrees Celsius.

as for what you should do, during your time in Houston, you should save up some money and visit Austin, TX and New Orleans, LA both of which are drivable from Houston and more fun.

Yeah, haha.

I've been in Houston before, I plan to go there again to watch some Rockets-games, I'm a huge fan.. :bowdown:

LA is also a must, will be a cool experience.

I guess the food and gas is way cheapers than Sweden, but I also need a place to stay, does anyone know how much a room at or close to the campus costs?

stallionaire
06-05-2012, 07:21 PM
Remember to tip whenever you eat out at places where you are served. It is very rude to not do so. I hate it but it's U.S. Culture.

millwad
06-05-2012, 07:35 PM
Remember to tip whenever you eat out at places where you are served. It is very rude to not do so. I hate it but it's U.S. Culture.

That's a great one, haha, thanks..

I guess it's going to be easy to forget, we don't have a tip culture like that in Sweden or anywhere in Europe I've been to.

By the way, I don't eat meat.. Haven't had any meat for like 5 years, stopped eating meat when I started to work out for real along with playing basketball and it fit me better, less junkfood and stuff and more energy..

I know that the US is the mecca of junkfood but do you have any veggie-food alt. at restaurants or at them markets? I guess that I can start eating meat again since I'm not going to play basketball on a decent or any level at all now, but eating vegetarian food fits me better to be honest even though it sounds geeky.

JEFFERSON MONEY
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM
That's a great one, haha, thanks..

I guess it's going to be easy to forget, we don't have a tip culture like that in Sweden or anywhere in Europe I've been to.

By the way, I don't eat meat.. Haven't had any meat for like 5 years, stopped eating meat when I started to work out for real along with playing basketball and it fit me better, less junkfood and stuff and more energy..

I know that the US is the mecca of junkfood but do you have any veggie-food alt. at restaurants or at them markets? I guess that I can start eating meat again since I'm not going to play basketball on a decent or any level at all now, but eating vegetarian food fits me better to be honest even though it sounds geeky.

Vegan options are abundant everywhere. If you're in TX in a college situated area or near a metropolis, you bet your bottom dollar there's gonna be some alternatives be it soya or vegan or tempeh. And of course, pasta is everywhere. DO you eat fish? Swedish fish?

You can also just purchase stuff at local farmer's markets, get yourself quinoa, and eat whatever you please.. American food prices are the best in the world. As soon as you head over, why not stock your fridge up with hemp protein, berries, asparagus, squash, bell pepers, tomatoes, olive oil, rice, flaxseeds, and all that stuff.

As for preparation
a) It's not that Americans are ignorant, it's that they are accustomed to acting a certain way.. If you're assertive enough people are open to discuss anything (intellectual included) but of course emphasize casual talk on the basics.. sports, film, dumbass clean jokes people use to try to break the ice, whining and b!tching about how unfair the world is, silly banter, current affairs etc. etc.

b) As a swede you're a bit more valuable and a bit more groomed and exotic than the average American guy. HOWEVER, u r also more effeminate. Find shyer/sweeter girls as they like prettyboys.

c) Gotta find your niche. Do not get a steady GF. Do not get too attached to friends. Let them know you're here only temporarily, they'll treat you more privileged and its the truth. Talk with Hawker. Have something to offer. Be prepared to share lots and lots of stories on the fly.

d) People are flat out friendlier here than anywhere else in the world. You f*ckers can argue me about this, but I've had this discussion literaly a thousand times with dozens of types of foreigners who are well-travelled. However, you have to be willing to be fiercely independent on your off time and dont telegraph weakness or neediness.

e) Careful about the Southern Charm. It will change you.

f) If you stop by a hotel or use your net you can find a million attractions. What's important is you KEEP YOURSELF ACTIVELY FREAKIN ENGAGED with your new home, you do not want culture shock or depression creeping up on you and it comes to you when you ponder around like an emo kid. Just keep on doing something.

Relax and enjoy. Welcome to Red White Blue Greatest country in the world.

- From.. a dude who's never been to Texas.

Scholar
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM

I knew this as fact about some countries, but I didn't know it was true about all countries in Europe. :eek:

Gas in Southern California is nearing $5/gallon right now, but I guess that's still cheap compared to what you guys are paying there.

johndeeregreen
06-05-2012, 11:38 PM
You could stop being such a ****ing ******, for one, but that's just general life advice, not necessarily having anything to do with moving to the USA.

millwad
06-05-2012, 11:39 PM
You could stop being such a ****ing ******, for one, but that's just general life advice, not necessarily having anything to do with moving to the USA.

Why are you so mad, mr random?

soadrules
06-05-2012, 11:40 PM
$8.40 per gallon is pretty normal in Sweden, what about the US?

It's about $3.67 a gallon here in Houston.

Welcome to Texas though. Although A&M might be a huge culture shock (Austin would probably be a better fit), I'm sure you'll get used to it.

johndeeregreen
06-05-2012, 11:42 PM
Why are you mad, mr random?
I have no idea who you are, you little ph4ggot, my dick got stuck in your mother's pussaaayyyy, right?
Not angry. You're just a useless ****.

millwad
06-05-2012, 11:46 PM
It's about $3.67 a gallon here in Houston.

Welcome to Texas though. Although A&M might be a huge culture shock (Austin would probably be a better fit), I'm sure you'll get used to it.

Thanks!

I've been in Houston before and it was nice and all, the american life style is very different compared to the swedish, obviously, but I had a blast last!

The size of the campus will be a huge difference though, the city I live in now is even considered to be a student-friendly city with alot of students, at least based on the swedish standard. Texas A&M is like a whole other world, but I think I'll enjoy it.

millwad
06-05-2012, 11:48 PM
Not angry. You're just a useless ****.

You're obviously angry, and stop taking ISH so serious..

It's the internet for god sake..:facepalm

flipogb
06-05-2012, 11:56 PM
remember to tell people you hate the NFL and NASCAR and that you think gays should get married

millwad
06-06-2012, 12:00 AM
remember to tell people you hate the NFL and NASCAR and that you think gays should get married

Mind reading de luxe!

KevinNYC
06-06-2012, 12:49 AM
I knew this as fact about some countries, but I didn't know it was true about all countries in Europe. :eek:

Gas in Southern California is nearing $5/gallon right now, but I guess that's still cheap compared to what you guys are paying there.

You forget that the US is an oil producing country and California, in particular, is an oil-producing state.

We produce the 3rd most oil in the world. Unfortunately, we probably are #1 in oil usage.

Russia (#1 in the world) and Norway produce oil, but no other European country produces much.

QUIZZLE
06-06-2012, 12:50 AM
:durantunimpressed: Houston's averages are 26 degrees warmer than Sweden's.

Man, you did all that research for my sarcastic joke!

joe
06-06-2012, 01:55 AM
Thanks!

I've been in Houston before and it was nice and all, the american life style is very different compared to the swedish, obviously, but I had a blast last!

The size of the campus will be a huge difference though, the city I live in now is even considered to be a student-friendly city with alot of students, at least based on the swedish standard. Texas A&M is like a whole other world, but I think I'll enjoy it.

What were the differences in lifestyle that you noticed?

I'm not sure what the prices are in Texas (I live in New York), but if you have a couple housemates it won't be too bad. I wouldn't stress it too much. You should just call the school and get in touch with the student service center. They're probably open throughout the summer.

Pointguard
06-06-2012, 07:06 AM
Just live on campus and don't try to do everything in a day. Just get your living accomodations straight and map out the vegan places. People in Vegan places talk a lot and will think you different. They will willingly tell you about other spots (usually a kabillion miles away). Eating on campus would put you in favorable social situations so sometimes you should just do it anyway as they will have fruits and veggies in the cafeteria. You're a bit older than the students there and they will seem a bit childish. They will likely greet you and smash a pie in your face and discuss Wilt Chamberlain with you for hours at a time.

Don't get caught up in buying a car right away - somebody in the Vegan place will likely know of one that runs on corn oil and solar energy. Its just better to feel yourself around and THEN make big purchases. Don't do anything in excess as you don't know people there and it can end up anywhere. The way you have come to know people in Sweden is different than the way you will come to know people in Texas. Obviously, money will disappear quicker in unknown places. Keep focused on what you came to the university for. You can never be lonely if you keep your goals in front of you: Similar people will always be around you.

Machismo is something that will take sometime to get used to. If you look too exotic, a guy from the football team might want to test you. Avoid the haters. While you might be smarter than them its not a good idea to rub it in their faces. Read the campus newspaper and internet briefings. After three weeks then go looking for the places to have a good time. Make sure your Ipod is full and take care of business.

creepingdeath
06-06-2012, 03:43 PM

Damn, I would kill for such prices. In Germany, gas is around 1.60

LamarOdom
06-06-2012, 03:50 PM
'
This!

rufuspaul
06-06-2012, 04:03 PM
e) Careful about the Southern Charm. It will change you.

:oldlol: Care to elaborate on this J$?

ace23
06-06-2012, 04:06 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Take Your Lumps
06-06-2012, 05:02 PM

From Sweden to Texas. It's like going from the Jetsons to the Flintstones.

Maga_1
06-06-2012, 05:15 PM
:roll: :roll:

tomtucker
06-06-2012, 05:35 PM
what do you look like ? white, black, asian,arab ?......mexican ?

millwad
06-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Thanks, guys, for all the good advice I've recieved in this thread!
And also thank you to you guys who called me "ph4ggot"!

I was thinking about this, if I see a fight, should I break it up like most of us do in Sweden or should I yell "OH SHIT! OH SHIT!" before picking up my phone from my pocket and start filming it while yelling "WORLDSTAR! WORLDSTAR"?

millwad
06-06-2012, 07:36 PM
what do you look like ? white, black, asian,arab ?......mexican ?

I'm white and blonde and I'm 6'6-6'7.

LamarOdom
06-06-2012, 11:02 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PtjzIoEVxVw/TqXFGVYOQWI/AAAAAAAAE_o/cjucOVUhKu8/s1600/jj.jpg

millwad
06-07-2012, 05:57 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PtjzIoEVxVw/TqXFGVYOQWI/AAAAAAAAE_o/cjucOVUhKu8/s1600/jj.jpg

Jonas is 6'10.. I don't know him personally but I know his sister pretty well.

I've played against him in the 2nd division in Sweden, he was crazy good. I've been searching for the boxscore but I can't find it. No one back then would ever guess that he'd be an NBA roleplayer, none.

LamarOdom
06-07-2012, 10:51 AM
Jonas is 6'10.. I don't know him personally but I know his sister pretty well.

I've played against him in the 2nd division in Sweden, he was crazy good. I've been searching for the boxscore but I can't find it. No one back then would ever guess that he'd be an NBA roleplayer, none.

Hard work pays off. How old are you btw?

tomtucker
06-07-2012, 01:32 PM

:applause:

JEFFERSON MONEY
06-07-2012, 02:21 PM
From Sweden to Texas. It's like going from the Jetsons to the Flintstones.

:roll: .. no.

Unless you admit that being modern does not necessarily mean being more evolved.

millwad
06-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Hard work pays off. How old are you btw?

Yeah, for sure.

I'm 2 years younger than Jonas, I'm born in 89.

The funny thing about Jonas is that he wasn't considered to be the biggest talent in his age, a guy called Rudy Mbemba was.

Rudy was going to be drafted in 08 but the guy is an ass, his ego was too big for his own good and he withdrew because he thought he was too good for the 2nd round. And today he's undrafted and he's still stuck in the swedish league, obviously he's dominating but everytime I see him I just see a man who failed big time.

But neither Jonas or Rudy are the best in Sweden, Jeff Taylor is and he's my former teammate and he's going to be drafted this year. We had one game plan while growing up, pass Jeff and let him do his thing. He plays for Vandy now and he left us and Sweden years ago to play HS ball in New Mexico. He's amazing, you could tell that he's going to be something special, and the best of all, the guy is one of the most humble and nice persons I know.

LamarOdom
06-07-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, for sure.

I'm 2 years younger than Jonas, I'm born in 89.

The funny thing about Jonas is that he wasn't considered to be the biggest talent in his age, a guy called Rudy Mbemba was.

Rudy was going to be drafted in 08 but the guy is an ass, his ego was too big for his own good and he withdrew because he thought he was too good for the 2nd round. And today he's undrafted and he's still stuck in the swedish league, obviously he's dominating but everytime I see him I just see a man who failed big time.

But neither Jonas or Rudy are the best in Sweden, Jeff Taylor is and he's my former teammate and he's going to be drafted this year. We had one game plan while growing up, pass Jeff and let him do his thing. He plays for Vandy now and he left us and Sweden years ago to play HS ball in New Mexico. He's amazing, you could tell that he's going to be something special, and the best of all, the guy is one of the most humble and nice persons I know.

Didn't Jeff play in the game where they won over Kentucky this year?

Saw him playing some games this year and I'm really impressed by his athleticism, I guees you can expect some free tickets this coming season.

millwad
06-07-2012, 10:06 PM
Didn't Jeff play in the game where they won over Kentucky this year?

Saw him playing some games this year and I'm really impressed by his athleticism, I guees you can expect some free tickets this coming season.

He did, and he put up 18 points and 11 rebounds.

Yeah, he s crazy athletic, but he's always been an athletic freak, even when we were young he was outjumping everyone and guy's much taller than him.

But seriously, he really deserves it, he is a hard worker and he is one of the most humble and kind persons I've met which is very rare when you're talking about ballers.

Last time he was in Sweden we played some games and some of us at least play in the swedish league, but he was just abusing everyone that it got silly, haha...

millwad
06-15-2012, 05:04 AM
Guys, how much do you college students waste on monthly basis? I mean everything included, rent too.

Will 1500 dollars per month do it for me?

Lebron23
06-15-2012, 05:19 AM
How hot is her sister?Are you planning to join the NBA D-league draft?

Balla_Status
06-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Went to Texas A&M for four years and I can tell you that I never saw one single vegan or vegetarian restaurant during my time there. You're going to have to eat meat. That's how it is. And 6'6"-6'7" swedish blonde dude? Yeah, you'll pull ***** no problem. Just have to find the right girls willing to do it.

Just be friendly dude. The fact that you're swedish will have people wanting to talk to you and wanting to take you out (if you're cool and not weird). You'll probably see some weird shit like a zombies game (really weird dude). Just ignore that shit. And honestly, that's probably more prevalent on my part of the campus, the engineering part unfortunately.

Rent should be pretty cheap. I would try to stay as close to campus as possible (or on campus). Like walking distance or biking distance. Preferably the north gate side because then you'll be walking distance to north gate as well.

Going to A&M football games is a necessity. I would hurry up on that option ASAP since they'll probably be sold out soon.

http://sports-admin.tamu.edu/mysportspass/

Looks like you'll have to get a three game pass.

Cowboy Thunder
06-16-2012, 11:14 AM
Start worshipping the collie and always remember to say Texas Fight!

BlueCrayon
06-16-2012, 12:11 PM
You and Goran Dragic will be great friends.

Balla_Status
06-16-2012, 04:09 PM
Start worshipping the collie and always remember to say Texas Fight!

Yep. And you can take pride in never having to be OU or UT's bitch like the rest of the Big 12 is.

Fiba basketball
06-16-2012, 06:22 PM
Millwad do you know Gadefors ? He signed with Radnicki in 2010 and left in middle of this season , I think you are same age sa him .

millwad
08-24-2012, 08:01 AM
Will I be considered "cool" if I do this dance at Campus?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqSEqCARuFA

millwad
08-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Millwad do you know Gadefors ? He signed with Radnicki in 2010 and left in middle of this season , I think you are same age sa him .

Gaddefors was a late bloomer, he wasn't that good when we were younger but he grew crazy much and over basically no time got really skilled. Don't know him but I've met him, basketball runs in the family, his dad is pretty well-known in basketball Sweden. I always got the impression that the guy is dorky.

D-Rose
08-24-2012, 09:22 PM
millwad and i are planning on chilling once he's here :D shit dude, didn't know you were that tall. i'm 5'7 on a good day lol.

I'd say that A&M campus and the students there won't be straight up Texan hick culture shock, there are lots of international students and college campuses are always more liberal. As far as budget goes...I spend about $500 a month on rent, insurance, food, fun shit, etc. $1500 will be more than enough.

Any chance you know which apartments you'll be living in?

Balla_Status
08-24-2012, 09:30 PM
millwad and i are planning on chilling once he's here :D shit dude, didn't know you were that tall. i'm 5'7 on a good day lol.

I'd say that A&M campus and the students there won't be straight up Texan hick culture shock, there are lots of international students and college campuses are always more liberal. As far as budget goes...I spend about $500 a month on rent, insurance, food, fun shit, etc. $1500 will be more than enough.

**** yeah. Another Aggie?

You get tickets to this season's games?

D-Rose
08-24-2012, 09:34 PM
**** yeah. Another Aggie?

You get tickets to this season's games?
Haha, I wish I could afford those! Also not truly an Aggie, going to Blinn for now. But will be an Aggie next year.

imnew09
08-24-2012, 10:08 PM
bang some white girls!!!!

Balla_Status
08-24-2012, 10:21 PM
Haha, I wish I could afford those! Also not truly an Aggie, going to Blinn for now. But will be an Aggie next year.

Well, if you do transfer over, get the tickets. It's pretty cheap deal for students.

Get the all sports pass and go to football and basketball games and you'll pay it off easily.

boozehound
08-25-2012, 12:18 AM
smfh at this fool. Go take a look at gas prices in the world. we have the cheapest gas of any major developed nation and probably the cheapest per cost of living anywhere.

I lived in B-CS for about 8 years (just moved). Its got its positives, but its basically a bizaro college town. feels like a cow town ****ed a suburb. No real downtown centralized area (downtown bryan is pretty decent). You will like it. Lots of hot college girls who party pretty hard down at northgate. if you have any game, your accent will pull plenty of *****. Why TAMU if I may ask?

boozehound
08-25-2012, 12:20 AM

TAMU is consistently ranked as the most conservative school in the US. Not very liberal at all. and, yes, hick texas culture is on full display in college station. Sure, its not like living in gun barrel city, but its pretty hard to ignore IMO.

boozehound
08-25-2012, 12:21 AM
Well, if you do transfer over, get the tickets. It's pretty cheap deal for students.

Get the all sports pass and go to football and basketball games and you'll pay it off easily.
pretty sure its still like 40+ for each fb game isnt it?

D-Rose
08-25-2012, 10:26 AM
TAMU is consistently ranked as the most conservative school in the US. Not very liberal at all. and, yes, hick texas culture is on full display in college station. Sure, its not like living in gun barrel city, but its pretty hard to ignore IMO.
Yeah, country culture is on full display in the city, but depending on if you're in certain clubs and such on campus, its not like that. At Blinn, most of the students are country people from small towns...interesting experience to say the least lol. but yeah, college station is certainly a college town...and there are so many hot girls here. gig 'em!

Balla_Status
08-25-2012, 10:42 AM
smfh at this fool. Go take a look at gas prices in the world. we have the cheapest gas of any major developed nation and probably the cheapest per cost of living anywhere.

I lived in B-CS for about 8 years (just moved). Its got its positives, but its basically a bizaro college town. feels like a cow town ****ed a suburb. No real downtown centralized area (downtown bryan is pretty decent). You will like it. Lots of hot college girls who party pretty hard down at northgate. if you have any game, your accent will pull plenty of *****. Why TAMU if I may ask?

I was just in England and I believe the price was 1.24-1.54 pounds/litre. Converts to 8-10 dollars per gallon. I'd expect a statement like that from Scholar though.

I believe he wanted culture shock/something incredibly different. Apparently he's a vegetarian and I told him he was SOL. Maybe you could help him out?

Balla_Status
08-25-2012, 10:43 AM
pretty sure its still like 40+ for each fb game isnt it?

I never paid more than 350 for an all sports pass. Pretty sure everything is sold out for football this year though.

Balla_Status
08-25-2012, 10:46 AM
Yeah, country culture is on full display in the city, but depending on if you're in certain clubs and such on campus, its not like that. At Blinn, most of the students are country people from small towns...interesting experience to say the least lol. but yeah, college station is certainly a college town...and there are so many hot girls here. gig 'em!

Just work hard at Blinn and you'll be alright.

Papa Perez (imo) has the best mexican food in the area.

Balla_Status
08-25-2012, 11:09 AM
Just wanted to add that you should hit up the rec center for bball games. There's always a game going on.

D-Rose
08-25-2012, 11:10 AM
My girlfriend lives here as well and is a vegetarian as well. She manages well with the restaurants around, nothing vegan other than black bean burgers around though. anyway, a trip to heb will get you all you need for a veggie lifestyle.

LamarOdom
08-25-2012, 11:14 AM
Bring a bomb to the airport and scream Alau agabar.

millwad
08-25-2012, 12:34 PM
Just wanted to add that you should hit up the rec center for bball games. There's always a game going on.

I've played for the youth national team in Sweden and I played pro in swedish league last season, do you think that there will be people who actually can play at the rec center?

millwad
08-25-2012, 12:36 PM

Exchage program through my university in Sweden, I was lucky as hell because all the exchange students are looking to go overseas to the US.

I have a girlfriend in Sweden, haha, I will not cheat here but if there will be many american chicks who like 6'7 basketball players from Sweden I may consider it. :confusedshrug:

millwad
08-25-2012, 12:36 PM
My girlfriend lives here as well and is a vegetarian as well. She manages well with the restaurants around, nothing vegan other than black bean burgers around though. anyway, a trip to heb will get you all you need for a veggie lifestyle.

Haha, I already think I've made a good friend there.. :cheers:

Balla_Status
08-25-2012, 12:46 PM
I've played for the youth national team in Sweden and I played pro in swedish league last season, do you think that there will be people who actually can play at the rec center?

Yeah, there will be decent players dude. Texas A&M is a large university.

Balla_Status
08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Exchage program through my university in Sweden, I was lucky as hell because all the exchange students are looking to go overseas to the US.

I have a girlfriend in Sweden, haha, I will not cheat here but if there will be many american chicks who like 6'7 basketball players from Sweden I may consider it. :confusedshrug:

Exactly.

Can't come to America and not hook up with American women dude.

Go to the Texas A&M vs. Florida game if you can. Or at least tailgate and get drunk off of cheap shitty beer.

Go to Sbisa and eat a shitload. Eat the cookies.

millwad
08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Yeah, there will be decent players dude. Texas A&M is a large university.

I contacted an ass. coach at Texas A&M and I also contacted the swedish basketball federation and my own team to see if there would be any chance that I would be able to play for A&M but the answer was no. My contract in Sweden messed it up for me, pretty heartbreaking but at the same time, I had no plans to even study abroad when I started to play in the league in Sweden.

And yeah, I heard that there are some good players at the rec center by some other poster as well so I'll enjoy it!

soadrules
08-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Is your name Fred and are you going to Germany next semester perchance?

D.J.
08-26-2012, 12:41 AM

Foreign cars also get better gas mileage, so it evens out(for the most part).