PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Draft

idizzle
06-07-2012, 08:35 PM
Chad Ford: Lots of teams buzzing about a Dion Waiters promise. Teams say he's canceled all upcoming workouts. Blazers, Raptors, Suns all suspects Twitter

Myth
06-08-2012, 03:33 AM
I know nothing about him. I'll have to start doing my research.

Myth
06-08-2012, 03:42 AM
Yeah, even with limited research, I'm not impressed. Raptors have #8, and that seems way too high for this guy. Him going #11 (us) or #13 (Suns) seems way more reasonable, but I wouldn't even draft him there unless there is something about him that the mock draft "experts" aren't seeing.

tedloc
06-09-2012, 01:24 AM
Trade both picks for charlottes number 2 and draft thomas robinson from kansas... that guy is gonna be a solid big... or draft zeller @ 6, and austin rivers @ 11... I like rivers alot alot of mocks have him going way low

Myth
06-09-2012, 03:16 AM
Trade both picks for charlottes number 2 and draft thomas robinson from kansas... that guy is gonna be a solid big... or draft zeller @ 6, and austin rivers @ 11... I like rivers alot alot of mocks have him going way low

You want us to trade up to draft a guy at a position we need the least? I assume you want Aldridge to play center full time then.

I'm crossing my fingers for Drummond at #6 and Marshall at #11. Not only do I think those guys are great value at those spots, but they also fit needs.

Marshall
Matthews
Batum
Aldridge
Drummond

+ a free agent or 2 (Dragic and Hawes or Kamon would be nice).

tedloc
06-09-2012, 04:23 AM
Drummond is exciting... High potential

he doesnt post up very well, though he could learn

but what worries me is he already had a stress fracture in his ankle and then again broke the same ankle and had to have a screw inserted...
we've already been down this road
and as someone who has a screw in their ankle i can tell you its not the same.

Myth
06-09-2012, 06:16 AM
I was not aware of those surgeries. Still, no need to give up 2 lottery picks for 1 that is at a position we clearly have filled. Maybe we should go for Beal and Marshall instead.

ksblazer
06-17-2012, 10:51 PM
From the mock drafts I've been looking at I'm seeing Drummond and Lillard mentiond quite a bit as Blazer selections.

That said I'm not a big fan of Drummond. I know the Blazers need a center of the future and he is the top rated center in this years draft. But from what I've seen. I'm not sold on him enough to spend the 6th or 11th pick on the guy. That said if the Blazers select him, I hope I'm wrong.

ODEN>DURANT
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
Beal at 6 and Marshall at 11. Don't bother drafting bigs, try and get one via trade/free agency.

Renegade
06-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Beal at 6 and Marshall at 11. Don't bother drafting bigs, try and get one via trade/free agency.

Disagree. There are more quality PGs available in free agency than Cs. Draft a center at either 6 (Drummond) or 11 (Leonard). Marshall would be a good pickup. It's unlikely Beal is available at 6.

Jballer
06-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Hey guys and gals...

Raptors fan lurking here ...no offence no harm intended.

Any local rumors doing a deal with Raptors around the picks? Yours are 6 / 11 ours is 8 ???? I thought Aldridge and Crawford were untouchable - Felton and Flynn on the way out but reports today suggest Crawford is not a core piece for you???

Ironically think both teams looking for the PG of the future and Lillard comes up both places.

Myth
06-21-2012, 02:24 PM
Hey guys and gals...

Raptors fan lurking here ...no offence no harm intended.

Any local rumors doing a deal with Raptors around the picks? Yours are 6 / 11 ours is 8 ???? I thought Aldridge and Crawford were untouchable - Felton and Flynn on the way out but reports today suggest Crawford is not a core piece for you???

Ironically think both teams looking for the PG of the future and Lillard comes up both places.

Crawford is the complete opposite of untouchable. He said he will opt out if not traded by the draft. Aldridge is close to untouchable (I don't think anybody is really untouchable), but there is nothing on the Raptors I would take for him. Felton is definitely gone as a Blazer. No word on what happens with Flynn, but I wouldn't mind him being signed cheap as a backup.

Also, no rumors here between Portland and the Raptors that I know of. Our most recent rumor was #11 potentially for Millsap, D. Collison, Evan Turner, or Bledsoe.

Jballer
06-28-2012, 10:07 AM
So Liliard or Drummond ??? Any rumors or ideas ??

Curious casue it makes the Raptors pick different.

Thanks - good luck to Portland :cheers:

clipse
06-28-2012, 01:36 PM
Crawford is the complete opposite of untouchable. He said he will opt out if not traded by the draft. Aldridge is close to untouchable (I don't think anybody is really untouchable), but there is nothing on the Raptors I would take for him. Felton is definitely gone as a Blazer. No word on what happens with Flynn, but I wouldn't mind him being signed cheap as a backup.

Also, no rumors here between Portland and the Raptors that I know of. Our most recent rumor was #11 potentially for Millsap, D. Collison, Evan Turner, or Bledsoe.

#11 for Evan Turner? I think I'd pull the trigger on that. He's still young and does a bit ov everything. If he learns to shoot the ball, he'd be better than anything the 11 would net you.

ksblazer
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
So Liliard or Drummond ??? Any rumors or ideas ??

Curious casue it makes the Raptors pick different.

Thanks - good luck to Portland :cheers:

I got a feeling Drummond will be the pick if he's available.

AznTacoLover
06-28-2012, 09:02 PM
wow I expected portland to pick Barnes or Drummond oh well..

ksblazer
06-28-2012, 11:22 PM
I kinda thought they may take Barnes as well at the time. Suprised to see him there when the Blazers picked.

But they desperatly need a point guard of the future so Lillard is the pick. Never saw him play in college. So I don't know much about him. Hear he's a scoring point guard.

Myth
06-29-2012, 02:42 AM
I'm happy with the results. For a second I got excited thinking the Kings would pass on Thomas Robinson since they have Cousins, but Lillard is the best IMO of what we could have got. When I first heard his name a few weeks back, I was scared we would take him simply because he is a point and not because he was best available, but since then I have heard nothing about how awesome he is. There were rumors that he was the best guy we have worked out since Durant, and he is unselfish even though he scored like crazy. I actually got worried we would take Drummond, because his own college coach and a teammate criticized his work ethic and the said he would take at least 5 years to be decent. That means he would be up for a contract extension before we ever would get to see what he would turn out to be.

I'm hearing Meyers Leanard is Joel Przybilla 2.0 with more offensive upside. Hopefully Joel could teach him a few tricks before he retires.

Also, selecting Barnes would likely mean he is Batum's replacement, and although he would be a nice SF, it really wouldn't improve our team because we would still be with more holes in the roster.

IlliniFan
06-29-2012, 07:25 PM
Joel Przybilla 2.0 is just about the worst comparison I've ever heard for Leonard. Just because they're both white and centers doesn't mean their similar.

Myth
06-30-2012, 03:18 AM
Joel Przybilla 2.0 is just about the worst comparison I've ever heard for Leonard. Just because they're both white and centers doesn't mean their similar.

I didn't come up with it, it is just something I have heard multiple times. I heard he was a good shot blocker, decent overall defender, but clumsy as hell on offense. That also sounds like Joel, but as I said, not really my comparison. I'd love to hear your take on him.

blazerjimmy
06-30-2012, 08:17 AM
I posted my mock draft on nbadraft.net. I only got 5 of the lottery picks correct. I got both the Blazers' picks correct. I'm excited about Lillard....but won't let myself get TOO excited, since I was REALLY excited when we got Jerryd Bayless over Russell Westbrook in the draft. One of they guys who I work with is a huge Illinois fan and really likes Meyers Leonard, but thinks he made a mistake coming out early, but understood why he did, between the coaching situation there and his family situation. Leonard actually came right out and announced that one of the reasons that he was declaring was so that he could help his brother go to college and so his brother could get out of the Army and not have to deploy to Afghanistan. I'm happy that we got Will Barton in the second round. However, I was hoping to get Kim English or Robert Sacre as well....just saw that we traded Tyshawn Taylor to Brooklyn for cash considerations.

tedloc
06-30-2012, 10:30 PM
http://m.youtube.com/results?q=meyers%20leonard%20dunk%20over#/watch?v=SUroGQZQj-g

:coleman: m