PDA

View Full Version : Andre Drummond says his NBA Comparison is KD.

NBA2k-Monster23
06-08-2012, 11:42 AM
That's a lot to digest.

HylianNightmare
06-08-2012, 11:42 AM
idiot

rule1223
06-08-2012, 11:43 AM
source, no way this guy actually believes what hes saying or hes probably the most delusional player of all time

tpols
06-08-2012, 11:49 AM
Kevin Duckworth?

Myth
06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
Keyon Dooling?

Punpun
06-08-2012, 11:52 AM
>Implying

That's good. You gotta keep your ambition at a low level.

SilkkTheShocker
06-08-2012, 11:53 AM
Kevin Duckworth?

Awful comparison

R.I.P.
06-08-2012, 11:55 AM
That's a lot to digest.

Kasheem Dhabeet. :confusedshrug:

ralph_i_el
06-08-2012, 11:55 AM
He would look hilarious trying to play like KD

Rekindled
06-08-2012, 11:56 AM
kim duncan

FireDavidKahn
06-08-2012, 12:05 PM
What a stooge. :facepalm I would hate to be a fan of the team who drafts this kid.

GOBB
06-08-2012, 12:12 PM
Atleast wait for a link or video so you can see what was actually said and the context of it. He could have been joking for all we know about the KD comparison. Assuming KD = Kevin Durant.

DStebb716
06-08-2012, 04:33 PM
Does he not know how to spell Andrew Bynum?

IGotACoolStory
06-08-2012, 04:37 PM
I think Michael Olowokandi is too difficult for him to spell.

Dwyane Rose
06-08-2012, 10:05 PM
Maybe he meant to say KB?

As in Kwame Brown.

kurt_rambis
06-08-2012, 10:08 PM
i can see it

http://i48.tinypic.com/nxl81x.jpg

Meticode
06-08-2012, 10:11 PM
:roll: What? Drummond measured in at 6-11+ at the combine and 273, how in the f*ck is that anything like Kevin Durant? To be honest he reminds me of Dwight Howard. I am in no way saying that Drummond will become a Dwight Howard capable player, but watching his game footage with his athleticism just shows flashes of it. His weight might be an issue though. I'd be nice to see him around 250-260.

pauk
06-08-2012, 10:12 PM
What? Isnt he like a 280 lbs Center?

Meticode
06-08-2012, 10:16 PM
What? Isnt he like a 280 lbs Center?
Look above your post. :)

blacknapalm
06-08-2012, 10:46 PM
not only is he way too raw for that to be a legitimate comparison, his game much more resembles stoudemire's, although much less polished offensively and much more active on defense

Myth
06-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Maybe he meant to say KB?

As in Kwame Brown.

Drummond should stop hanging out with the mayor of Boston

Pointguard
06-09-2012, 12:02 AM
Aparently his strategy is to scare off a couple of tanking teams. Perhaps in a subconscious way trying to get in the head of Portland? Maybe he wants to team up with Aldridge?

Pointguard
06-09-2012, 01:07 AM
His combine numbers were pretty impressive. He's got Anthony Davis in standing reach, hand size... even body fat. Why not ride the wave? You look at Durant and only imagine uncontrollable reach. I think his agent told him to say it.

KG215
06-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Aparently his strategy is to scare off a couple of tanking teams. Perhaps in a subconscious way trying to get in the head of Portland? Maybe he wants to team up with Aldridge?

If he gets drafted by the Blazers he'll tear both ACL's just walking up on state to shake Stern's hand, then the stage will collapse as he's walking off, he'll fracture a vertebrae or two, and be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life.

Eric Cartman
06-09-2012, 01:29 AM
If he gets drafted by the Blazers he'll tear both ACL's just walking up on state to shake Stern's hand, then the stage will collapse as he's walking off, he'll fracture a vertebrae or two, and be paralyzed from the waist down for the rest of his life.

Don't say that about him being paralized. Imagine if your son or someone you loved was in that position.

GOBB
06-09-2012, 02:33 PM
I watched the interview and he didnt compare his game to Kevin Durant. He was asked who he admired and looked up too and he mentioned Kevin Durant.

Nice job to misquote the kid, bash him and so on.

Nash
06-09-2012, 02:35 PM
I watched the interview and he didnt compare his game to Kevin Durant. He was asked who he admired and looked up too and he mentioned Kevin Durant.

:roll: Typical ISH.

Meticode
06-09-2012, 02:41 PM

Nice GOBB, gold star for you.

cavsfanatic
06-09-2012, 06:53 PM
I heard that while watching the combine i was like :roll:

cavsfanatic
06-09-2012, 06:56 PM

no you're wrong. Chad Ford on the nba combine said he asked him who he COMPARES to and he said Kevin Durant. Then Chad said you mean Kevin Garnett? Drummond said no Kevin Durant, teams will be shocked to see what I can do on the court.

so the interview you talking bout ain't what the OP talking bout.

cavsfanatic
06-11-2012, 10:42 AM
ppl never say anything once u shut them up lol

NBA2k-Monster23
06-11-2012, 12:16 PM

That's not what Chad Ford said during the combine.

Sarcastic
06-11-2012, 12:46 PM
Watch it for yourself

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeSByhECZWw

Kevin Durant part starts at ~5:40

Mr. Incredible
06-11-2012, 01:11 PM
What an idiot

Brujesino
06-11-2012, 01:40 PM
Watch it for yourself

He was asked if he had a favorite team or player growing up and he said Kevin Durant.

GOBB
06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
He was asked if he had a favorite team or player growing up and he said Kevin Durant.

Exactly, so I'm waiting for people who claimed he compared HIS GAME to that of Kevin Durant to show me a video or article. Something. All I'm asking.

[I]I don

abuC
06-11-2012, 03:56 PM
Exactly, so I'm waiting for people who claimed he compared HIS GAME to that of Kevin Durant to show me a video or article. Something. All I'm asking.

I don’t really compare myself to anybody,” Drummond said. “I compare myself to Andre Drummond. I’m not really trying to model my game after anybody. I’m trying to create my own brand and my own mold as a person. I don’t want to be like the next person. I want to be myself and do things differently.”

^^Drummonds own words. What we know from video and actual words from the horses mouth? 1. He looked up too/admired Kevin Durant growing up 2. He compares himself to NO ONE.

If Chad Ford said it, give me a link or video. Something part II. All I ask. :confusedshrug:

People just want to keep the hateful narrative that Drummond is "dumb" going, meanwhile you'll never see them post things about him being a walk on so a teammate from a troubled background could get his scholarship -

While it was widely reported that Bradley had offered Drummond his scholarship back in September, shortly after Drummond had announced he commitment to UConn, in fact the two sides were working to find a different solution.

Drummond and his family wound up taking out a bank loan to pay for his tuition this year, and Bradley kept his scholarship. That makes Drummond perhaps the most heralded walk-on in recent college basketball history.

Bradley spent much of his childhood in the Tennessee Baptist Children’s Home, a sort of foster home, and UConn coach Jim Calhoun was widely criticized by the media (myself included) when it was reported back in September that Bradley would be giving up his scholarship to Drummond.
http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2011/12/bradley-kept-scholarship-drummond-walk.html

dunksby
06-11-2012, 04:28 PM
Watch it for yourself

Thank you, finally we can put this stupidity to rest. Dude just answered to the question that if he had a favorite player/team growing up and he said Kevin Durant.

Brujesino
06-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Its been hours since this thread was made and there has still been no proof that he said this.

Delete thread/ban poster/bring neg rep back

or

Post of a link and quote of him saying this.

GOBB
06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Maybe the cavsfanatic aka you're wrong you're wrong can link us?

People just want to keep the hateful narrative that Drummond is "dumb" going, meanwhile you'll never see them post things about him being a walk on so a teammate from a troubled background could get his scholarship -

http://borgesblognhr.blogspot.com/2011/12/bradley-kept-scholarship-drummond-walk.html

I never knew that story. Thanks for posting man. :cheers:

NBA2k-Monster23
06-11-2012, 04:54 PM

I don’t really compare myself to anybody,” Drummond said. “I compare myself to Andre Drummond. I’m not really trying to model my game after anybody. I’m trying to create my own brand and my own mold as a person. I don’t want to be like the next person. I want to be myself and do things differently.”

^^Drummonds own words. What we know from video and actual words from the horses mouth? 1. He looked up too/admired Kevin Durant growing up 2. He compares himself to NO ONE.

If Chad Ford said it, give me a link or video. Something part II. All I ask. :confusedshrug:

I was just going off of what I heard Chad Ford say out of his mouth at the NBA combine. What was reported was Chad Ford stated that Drummond told GM's around the league that he compare his game to Kevin Durant. At first Chad Ford said you must mean KG then Drummond said no Kevin Durant. People can't find a link because it wasn't a article that was wrote. It was on the Live NBA combine telecast on ESPN. So no we wont have a link.

GOBB
06-11-2012, 05:16 PM
I was just going off of what I heard Chad Ford say out of his mouth at the NBA combine. What was reported was Chad Ford stated that Drummond told GM's around the league that he compare his game to Kevin Durant. At first Chad Ford said you must mean KG then Drummond said no Kevin Durant. People can't find a link because it wasn't a article that was wrote. It was on the Live NBA combine telecast on ESPN. So no we wont have a link.

So Chad Ford didnt write any articles on the past combine given he normally always writing someone about bball? Makes sense, wait what?

ShaqAttack3234
06-11-2012, 10:07 PM
Yeah, turned out to be nothing close to what the title was suggesting. It didn't make sense that a 6'10", 280 pound center with such a raw offensive game would compare himself to a 6'9", 215 pound scoring machine with a great jumper. And as it turns out, he didn't.

On a side note, it's weird to hear anyone saying they "grew up" watching Durant, who is what? 23?

I have nothing against Drummond, but based on what I saw of him at UCONN, this kid going to the NBA now is a joke. He's way too raw and needs probably 2 years unless he somehow improves a ton between the end of the college season and the NBA season.

I hate seeing these raw big men in the NBA way too early as projects, there's really no point for them to even be in the league yet, and a lot of the time, they don't pan out anyway.

Kevin Duckworth?

Drummond wishes he had half of Duckworth's offensive skills.

chips93
06-11-2012, 11:33 PM
His weight might be an issue though. I'd be nice to see him around 250-260.

his body fat percentage is only 7.5%

thats incredibly low for a man as big as he is

having said that, he has lost weight, apparently 22 lbs since the season ended, so maybe he will be even more mobile than the player we saw at uconn

chips93
06-11-2012, 11:40 PM
]there's really no point for them to even be in the league yet

why not?

if anybody should know how to develop young players into nba stars, it should be nba coaches

or he could stay in college, and not get touches, and not have his development be the priority

G-train
06-12-2012, 12:11 AM
why not?

if anybody should know how to develop young players into nba stars, it should be nba coaches

or he could stay in college, and not get touches, and not have his development be the priority

Better chance of developing in college, as he doesnt play with the BASICS yet. When you go into the NBA without the BASICS you are going to have a hard time. NBA coaches take you from talent and the basics to mature players.

chips93
06-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Better chance of developing in college, as he doesnt play with the BASICS yet. When you go into the NBA without the BASICS you are going to have a hard time. NBA coaches take you from talent and the basics to mature players.

and why cant nba coaches teach him the basics?

Carbine
06-12-2012, 12:30 AM
Yeah, turned out to be nothing close to what the title was suggesting. It didn't make sense that a 6'10", 280 pound center with such a raw offensive game would compare himself to a 6'9", 215 pound scoring machine with a great jumper. And as it turns out, he didn't.

On a side note, it's weird to hear anyone saying they "grew up" watching Durant, who is what? 23?

I have nothing against Drummond, but based on what I saw of him at UCONN, this kid going to the NBA now is a joke. He's way too raw and needs probably 2 years unless he somehow improves a ton between the end of the college season and the NBA season.

I hate seeing these raw big men in the NBA way too early as projects, there's really no point for them to even be in the league yet, and a lot of the time, they don't pan out anyway.

He was actually measured at 6'11 without shoes and had a gigantic wingspan of 7'6 and 1/4 along with a 38 inch vertical.

The guy is a physical beast. We really haven't seen someone this big, this athletic and this long since Dwight.

nbaballllller
06-12-2012, 12:31 AM
his body fat percentage is only 7.5%

thats incredibly low for a man as big as he is

having said that, he has lost weight, apparently 22 lbs since the season ended, so maybe he will be even more mobile than the player we saw at uconn

he is not 7.5% bodyfat lmao

im not saying u are wrong im saying their testing is beyond bullsht lol.

they always say "such n such" is 5% bodyfat etc. its ridiculous

edit: Jared Cunningham is apparently 3.6% bodyfat.... LOL

chips93
06-12-2012, 12:35 AM
He was actually measured at 6'11 without shoes and had a gigantic wingspan of 7'6 and 1/4 along with a 38 inch vertical.

The guy is a physical beast. We really haven't seen someone this big, this athletic and this long since Dwight.

not to nit pick but he was actually a shade under 6'10 barefoot

ShaqAttack3234
06-12-2012, 12:38 AM
why not?

In college he'll be able to play significant minutes in games and continue to grow while playing against players he's ready to play against instead of just sitting on the bench. Having these project big men is such a waste of roster playing 7-10 mpg or whatever, mostly in blowouts. And they rarely end up developing.

Carbine
06-12-2012, 12:40 AM
Everywhere I've read says he was 6'11. I thought they measured without shoes.

The same websites have Anthony Davis listed at 6'10 1/2, so does this mean he's 6'9? If so, that is disappointing.

innervisions
06-12-2012, 12:42 AM
and why cant nba coaches teach him the basics?

Because great college coaches can do that too, and at school he can also get consistent touches for two more years and develop to the point where he can actually be useful on an NBA court. Are you really going to develop the basics as a big man in games against Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum? It's one thing to draft really young, raw talent. It's another to draft a complete blank slate and try to develop him into a star against the best competition in the world.

Whoever drafts this guy is just so stupid. He'll be even worse than Thabeet and Brown barring a miraculous coaching intervention.

Carbine
06-12-2012, 12:48 AM
Because great college coaches can do that too, and at school he can also get consistent touches for two more years and develop to the point where he can actually be useful on an NBA court. Are you really going to develop the basics as a big man in games against Dwight Howard and Andrew Bynum? It's one thing to draft really young, raw talent. It's another to draft a complete blank slate and try to develop him into a star against the best competition in the world.

Whoever drafts this guy is just so stupid. He'll be even worse than Thabeet and Brown barring a miraculous coaching intervention.

While he is raw on offense, he's not going to be expected to carry a heavy load for a few years at the earliest. He has time to develop.

One thing is for sure, there aren't too many guys anywhere who are as big as him, as athletic, or as long.....he's got the same wingspan as Thabeet, who is much taller. Think about that for a second.

He's at the very least going to block shots and rebound the ball and finish around the hoop.

cavsfanatic
06-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Chad Ford said he talked to him and he said this. Guess you bball heads didn't watch the combine huh? Either way don't bash the OP for the title name

abuC
06-12-2012, 02:53 AM
In college he'll be able to play significant minutes in games and continue to grow while playing against players he's ready to play against instead of just sitting on the bench. Having these project big men is such a waste of roster playing 7-10 mpg or whatever, mostly in blowouts. And they rarely end up developing.

I agree, however the two best centers in the NBA are straight from HS projects, and the big man with the best post moves in the game right now came straight out of HS as well (Al Jefferson). Teams will continue to take these projects as long as one or two of them pan out since the reward is so great.

Also, sometimes these guys get frozen out of the offense in College like Drummond and Favors, the guards don't even know how to make a simple entry pass and aren't really concerned with getting the ball inside.

kumquat
06-12-2012, 09:27 AM

Good effort, good Gobb

Sarcastic
06-12-2012, 09:32 AM

College coaches could care less about developing players for the next level. They are there to win, and make money just like coaches in the NBA. If they don't win, they get fired. The biggest difference with college and the NBA though, is that in the NBA he can practice everyday. In college his practice time is severely limited.

Sarcastic
06-12-2012, 09:34 AM

Who are the great college coaches that develop post games for centers?

And it's absolutely hysterical that the 2 centers you brought up (Howard and Bynum), BOTH WENT TO THE NBA STRAIGHT FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!!!!!!! :roll:

chips93
06-12-2012, 10:12 AM

did you watch him at uconn?

he got no touches. he set picks, and barely rolled to the basket, because he knew he wasnt getting the ball back

his development wasnt a priority at uconn. winning games was. at the nba, his development will be priority number one

College coaches could care less about developing players for the next level. They are there to win, and make money just like coaches in the NBA. If they don't win, they get fired. The biggest difference with college and the NBA though, is that in the NBA he can practice everyday. In college his practice time is severely limited.

this

BlueandGold
06-12-2012, 10:32 AM

Yea, GOBB's statement on it was pretty accurate. I watched the video, there was one point where a reporter straight up asked him "who do you compare your game to", in which drummond replies with a well-thought out (or well scripted) response, saying "i dont compare my game to anyone. I compare myself to andre drummond. I'm trying to model my own game and my own brand"

that should pretty much put this thread to rest

does OP have an axe to grind with drummond or something? How in the hell can you twist someone's words that badly? :facepalm

cavsfanatic
06-12-2012, 11:12 AM
Yea, GOBB's statement on it was pretty accurate. I watched the video, there was one point where a reporter straight up asked him "who do you compare your game to", in which drummond replies with a well-thought out (or well scripted) response, saying "i dont compare my game to anyone. I compare myself to andre drummond. I'm trying to model my own game and my own brand"

that should pretty much put this thread to rest

does OP have an axe to grind with drummond or something? How in the hell can you twist someone's words that badly? :facepalm
OP repeated exactly what Chad Ford said on the Nba combine so he didn't twist shit

Sarcastic
06-12-2012, 11:22 AM
OP repeated exactly what Chad Ford said on the Nba combine so he didn't twist shit

No one has showed any evidence that Chad Ford ever said that yet.

chips93
06-12-2012, 12:26 PM
Oh god your smarter than this. First link one person posed the question in a thread where people are currently Watchin the combine. Not one quotes and agrees to what was claimed. Why? They are discussing verticals agility tests height measurements throughout the thread and not one says "yeah I heard that".

the very next post says 'yea, may hurt his stock'

There is actual video footage at combine where he discusses who he looked up too and compares himself too. There are actual quotes from his mouth what is said. Sorry way more believable than random posters throwing out a statement where they themselves don't know the context in which it was said.

no reason why he cant have said both things, the kd comparison, and later in the day the, 'i compare myself to andre drummond' bit

why must they be mutually exclusive?

These links prove nothing. I can in fact go on a msgboard and make a thread titles the same thing. Then you'll link that thread in here and say "I'm sure this guy didn't mis hear". Like come on.

so what? its all a conspiracy? all these other posters on different message boards, all just fabricated this story to make drummond look dumb? not to mention, they were all posted during the live show, when is the time chad ford supposedly said it

look, tbh, i really dont care. im sure these guys are exhausted, and id put little to no stock in interviews, but you cant act like theres no evidence to suggest that he compared himself to kd. theres plenty

chips93
06-12-2012, 12:31 PM
http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/6/8/3072633/nba-draft-2012-combine-measurements-anthony-davis

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1185712&start=75

http://www.anonymouseagle.com/2012/6/8/3072462/your-2012-nba-draft-combine-day-2-live-blog

http://www.sactownroyalty.com/2012/6/11/3076338/kings-draft-andre-drummond-the-most-likely-result

GOBB
06-12-2012, 12:38 PM
Those links are pointless.

No one saw Drummond say it. They took what Chad Ford said who could have taken what Drummond said out of context. Chad ford writes for espn. No article or twitter comment speaking on it. We saw what Drummond said. It makes zero sense to believe he said what people claim via Chad Ford. It's retarded.

Someone is better off sending Chad Ford a twitter message as asking him to confirm what was said or asking Drummond too.

chips93
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
No one saw Drummond say it. They took what Chad Ford said who could have taken what Drummond said out of context. Chad ford writes for espn. No article or twitter comment speaking on it. We saw what Drummond said. It makes zero sense to believe he said what people claim via Chad Ford. It's retarded.

fine

theres evidence both ways, but people were acting like OP just completely fabricated this anecdote, and that clearly isnt true

BlueandGold
06-12-2012, 02:13 PM
:facepalm at people arguing what drummond said or didn't say when it's so obvious. Either provide direct video or material evidence that he said it or STFU

fine

theres evidence both ways

No there's no evidence both ways, that's the point. Actual reliable posters like GOBB, Shaqattack have already exposed this thread, which is why I quoted shaqattack to begin with. Nothing to see here gentlemen, just an exposed troll.

chips93
06-12-2012, 02:16 PM
No there's no evidence both ways, that's the point. Actual reliable posters like GOBB, Shaqattack have already exposed this thread, which is why I quoted shaqattack to begin with. Nothing to see here gentlemen, just an exposed troll.

7 different sources, off of messageboards, blogs, comment sections, etc. all talking about what ford said, but w/e its all just a conspiracy against drummond

:rolleyes:

mobbdeep
06-12-2012, 02:46 PM
Drummond was horrible at uconn. he should have stayed a year and try to dominate. hes like deandee jordan who never did much in college but has huge potential due to being huge

StickyWice
08-11-2021, 04:37 PM
haha drummond very funny haha

-stickyickyicky

lakerstekkenn
08-11-2021, 11:44 PM
Kevin Duckworth?

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

lakerstekkenn
08-11-2021, 11:52 PM
All jokes aside Kevin Duckworth could actually play.

Check my time machine out for proof.

Kevin Duckworth (33 Points) Vs Karl Malone (38 Points) (5-6-1988)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwwzym7ZZhU

RRR3
08-12-2021, 12:02 AM
All jokes aside Kevin Duckworth could actually play.

Check my time machine out for proof.

Kevin Duckworth (33 Points) Vs Karl Malone (38 Points) (5-6-1988)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zwwzym7ZZhU
No he couldn’t. Horrible player. Career -3.8 BPM eeeeeyikes. Worst all star ever.

lakerstekkenn
08-12-2021, 04:32 PM
No he couldn’t. Horrible player. Career -3.8 BPM eeeeeyikes. Worst all star ever.

Duckworth could play certain stats are flawed and manufactured, he earned his all star appearance and most improved player award plus he beat out Johnson for Portland's job because they for some reason couldn't play together, Duckworth improved greatly and was putting up solid numbers 18 points and 8 rebounds plus he was playing solid defense.

NBA coaches know what they need and what players need to contribute unless they are just clueless Duckworth was giving Portland what they needed, otherwise he's not even playing, just check his numbers; I understand after a couple of years his numbers dropped to 6.6 points then jumped up to 7.7 points after Portland, but his earlier years his numbers were solid and good enough to earn him the most improved player award, also I understand Portland wasn't using him in the finals against Chicago but were leaning heavenly on other starters and Duckworth wasn't noticed but his numbers were good and he didn't make the team worse he contributed to the teams success.

As a whole that finals team didn't play defense and just let Jordan shoot wide open shots although Portland had the better all around team.

Portland's plans were with Sam Bowie and Johnson but Sam kept braking his leg and Duckworth started playing better putting up numbers averaging around 18 points, Johnson also got injured and they couldn't play together so Portland picked Duckworth because of better numbers, Johnson was also voted to the all star game but got injured.

The all star voting is based off what players are doing at that time period in that year and not after, so certain players don't play well after that, these voters vote and their votes are given to those who earned an all star spot.

So just because some flawed stats claim certain players were terrible but in reality they weren't, doesn't mean the stats are correct, just like the stats experts explain to us stats don't tell the whole picture and are sometimes manufactured to say something they don't say.

lakerstekkenn
08-12-2021, 05:01 PM

Do you agree with these defensive ratings ?

NBA & ABA Career Leaders and Records for Defensive Rating

https://www.basketball-reference.com/leaders/def_rtg_career.html

Michael Jordan ranked 113 ? P J Brown is ranked 81st ? Vlade Divac is ranked 61st ? what's this ? Drummond is ranked 43rd in defensive ratings ? Scottie Pippin is ranked lower on defense then Vlade Divac ?

So the stats are totally wrong, because according to the website stats are manufactured for big men to have a higher defensive rating ? so these stats are already manufactured, you would have to check something else to conclude who's the better offensive player and the better defensive player, otherwise P.J. Brown is ranked as a higher defensive player then Jordan ? and so is Divac he's rated higher as a defensive player the Scottie is, the website admitted these stats are manufactured.

They even admit that the offensive ratings are flawed, Shaq has a lower offensive rating then Reggie Miller ? this is because Shaq goes to the line more but misses according to them, he shots threes, so because Shaq misses some free-throws, Reggie Miller is given a higher offensive rating ?

Everyone knows Shaq is a better offensive player then Reggie is.

Calculating Individual Offensive and Defensive Ratings

https://www.basketball-reference.com/about/ratings.html

Offensive ratings

"Though [Shaquille O'Neal] may have a high floor percentage," Oliver writes, "his poor foul shooting means that he has a lot of one-point possessions, bringing his offensive rating down a bit. Good three-point shooters like Reggie Miller, who may not have the highest floor percentage, will have higher offensive ratings."

Defensive ratings.

Out of necessity (owing to a lack of defensive data in the basic boxscore), individual Defensive Ratings are heavily influenced by the team's defensive efficiency. They assume that all teammates are equally good (per minute) at forcing non-steal turnovers and non-block misses, as well as assuming that all teammates face the same number of total possessions per minute.

Perhaps as a byproduct, big men tend to have the best Defensive Ratings (although Oliver notes that history's best defensive teams were generally anchored by dominant defensive big men, suggesting that those types of players are the most important to a team's defensive success).

A corollary to this is that excellent perimeter defenders who don't steal the ball a lot — for instance, Joe Dumars or Doug Christie — are underrated defensively by DRtg, and are prone to look only as good as their team's overall defense performs.

The website says Centers stats are manufactured because they are automatically considered the defensive anchor ?

The above defensive stats say Detroit Joe Dumars and Doug Christie aren't good defenders ? because they don't steal the ball enough ? they are prone to look as good as their teams defense ? what's this ?

The problem with ESPN's Real Plus-Minus

ESPN has a new basketball stat. The stat loves Manu Ginobili. I am not a fan of this stat. Does not compute.

https://www.poundingtherock.com/2014/4/8/5594238/problem-with-real-plus-minus

kawhileonard2
08-15-2021, 10:34 PM
He should have been but Lebron didn't use him right.