PDA

View Full Version : Biased Pro-Heat NBA.com Article-Celtics are "In the way"

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 11:15 AM
For true basketball fans, Heat-Thunder is Finals heaven
MIAMI -- There are certain favors you ask at great, great risk. Such as: Borrow large sums of money. Help move a piano. Take care of your dog that still hasn't gotten the hang of housetraining.
And root for the Heat.
This may come off sounding like an anti-Celtics story. But it's not. It's just a simple and direct basketball plea, that's all. A request to the basketball gods to give us Miami vs. Oklahoma City in the NBA Finals, especially after what we've all been through since last summer. Don't you think we deserve it?
Look. The Celtics, at this point, are many things: Noble, for sure. Proud. Fighters. Gamely geezers. Gritty, determined, resourceful. All that.
And they're also something else: In the way.
For the sake of Heat lovers and haters, the Celtics need to step aside Saturday so we can witness a big buildup to an event that just might meet the hype. If the Heat win Saturday, basketball wins. Seriously, after watching LeBron James on Thursday, and Kevin Durant the last week, and knowing how quickly the ball will whisk up and down the floor if these two players and teams met, why would you wish for anything else? What's the alternative?

From a fan's standpoint, these playoffs are playing out perfectly. So far, anyway. Not only did the Thunder reach the Finals, they prevented the Spurs from doing so. Everyone appreciates and embraces the old-school basketball championed by the great Spurs, and how they go about their business, and even the gruff Gregg Popovich has charm. They get and deserve our respect. But when the Spurs reach the Finals, as history proves, the ratings for June baseball games suddenly soar.
And now we get Game 7 of the East finals and James coming off an epic show and saying he isn't "worried" about what he'll bring for the finale. Dwyane Wade called the Game 6 blowout win in Boston "a defining moment" for the Heat, which was a bit premature, because that moment will be Saturday. Win this one, and Miami and especially LeBron get a chance at redemption for last summer. Or lose and deal with another painful off-season of soul searching and cream pie-throwing.
"This is what basketball is all about," Wade said.
Yes, root for basketball, for the potential for big moments and stirring drama and for the chance to see the best players on the biggest stage. The Heat will give you that in the Finals, because this team doesn't know any other way. Miami doesn't do anything quietly. From the time they were fastened together ever so controversially, the Heat have tugged our emotions one way or another, with no in between. Nobody sits on the fence with this team. It's either black or white, and teams like that generate great interest, respect or scorn, cheers or jeers and sometimes both.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/shaun_powell/06/08/a-call-for-heat-thunder/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt1

how much more blatantly biased can NBA.com be?:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 11:18 AM
Fvck them dickriders

blablabla
06-09-2012, 11:19 AM
fvcking ****

Living Being
06-09-2012, 11:22 AM
Is this for real? LAME

If the Celtics beat the Heat, good for them. They deserve to be there.
Thunder vs Celtics is fine for me.

I don't need to see a "forced" rivalry between the newest NBA superstar and the league's greatest prima donna.

Heavincent
06-09-2012, 11:22 AM
This might be their way of telling us game 7 will be rigged in the Heat's favor.

dunksby
06-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Who cares what this asshole wants, whoever wins gm7 deserves to be in the Finals.

Alamo
06-09-2012, 11:25 AM
Thunder vs Heat finals. Make it happen Stern :pimp:

dbugz
06-09-2012, 11:40 AM
Game 7 tomorrow vs the Heat and the Celtics and what you'll see on the league's main website is, "Dream Matchup" with a picture of LeBron and Durant.

There's no even a single picture of a Celtics there :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 11:41 AM
people like you make me sick

Nash
06-09-2012, 11:42 AM
Well, to be fair. This is what it says on the buttom of that page:

"The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting."

Alamo
06-09-2012, 11:46 AM

You would feel the same way if you weren't a Celtic fan. Trust me.

dbugz
06-09-2012, 11:46 AM

"The views on this page do not necessarily reflect the views of the NBA, its clubs or Turner Broadcasting."

We have no problem with the article, he's entitled on his own opinion but putting it on the league's main website is showing how bias the nba is and also a disrespect to the Cs organization and their players.

ThatsGame
06-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Nobody wants to watch the Celtics get annihilated in the Finals. Its completely boring.

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 11:55 AM
Nobody wants to watch the Celtics get annihilated in the Finals. Its completely boring.
The Celtics are not going to get annihilated. I love how everybody keeps doubting them

dbugz
06-09-2012, 11:56 AM

Let just completely remove all the boring teams in the nba then or let start with a conference finals right away at the beginning of the season composed of OKC, Heat, Bulls and Lakers so casual fans will be able to enjoy it.

Clutch
06-09-2012, 11:57 AM
I'm not a Celtics fan and I want to see Celtics-Thunder Finals.

Why ? Because the chance of the Heat winning is 0% if they don't make the Finals. :D

dunksby
06-09-2012, 11:57 AM
If the Celtics beat the Heat AGAIN at home and go to the Finals, they would be surely the best team to come out of the East.

dbugz
06-09-2012, 11:58 AM
If the Celtics beat the Heat AGAIN at home and go to the Finals, they would be surely the best team to come out of the East.

+1

Casual fans mind set and thinking = :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

quick96
06-09-2012, 12:00 PM
We have no problem with the article, he's entitled on his own opinion but putting it on the league's main website is showing how bias the nba is and also a disrespect to the Cs organization and their players.

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU DUMB TURD... THEY'RE

(ESPN/NBA.COM)

IS JUST TELLING THE WORLD THAT DAVID STERN/ABC IS RIGGING GAME 7...

STERNS AT IT AGAIN...

WWE/NBA WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?

ThatsGame
06-09-2012, 12:02 PM
I'm sorry but claiming the Celtics are a better and more talented team after watching the refs in this series is a pretty casual thing to say. The Heat couldn't even get intentional calls their way, thats how bad it was.

And lets just forget that Bosh was injured.

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 12:05 PM
I'm sorry but claiming the Celtics are a better and more talented team after watching the refs in this series is a pretty casual thing to say. The Heat couldn't even get intentional calls their way, thats how bad it was.

And lets just forget that Bosh was injured.
Like the Celtics are healthy :oldlol:

Its part of the game

Kingwillball
06-09-2012, 12:30 PM
Know one wants to see Celtics in Finals except Celtics fans and Maybe some OKC fans cause they think that is the easier path..

Kingwillball
06-09-2012, 12:31 PM

Yes and No, Yes cause they deserve it winning 2 in Miami but no cause most likely Miami would have chocked game away under pressure.

Living Being
06-09-2012, 12:34 PM
Know one wants to see Celtics in Finals except Celtics fans and Maybe some OKC fans cause they think that is the easier path..
I'm not a fan of any of these teams, but I want the Celtics to win.
I'd rather see LeBron humiliated and KG get another shot in the Finals, than what "everyone" wants to see with Miami and OKC.

Talent
06-09-2012, 12:40 PM

I am a bobcats fan, and I don't feel that way at all. In fact the Heat are what's wrong with modern basketball and I want them to fail.

blablabla
06-09-2012, 12:41 PM
seeing the heat fail>>great basketball in the finals

dbugz
06-09-2012, 12:43 PM
seeing the heat fail>>great basketball in the finals

I hope the Celtics fkcn spoil Stern's supposed to be Finals matchup and I hope it gets the lowest tv rating ever.

pmj
06-09-2012, 12:45 PM
I kinda understand what people are mad at, but really don't. NBA.com has editorials all the time. Just b/c an article is on the site doesn't mean it's coming from the NBA itself or Stern's mouth, any more than what Skip Bayless says is representative of ESPN.

Nash
06-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Like the Celtics are healthy :oldlol:

Its part of the game
If you compare the importance of Avery Bradley to Bosh has for Miami then there is something seriously off with you.

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 12:55 PM
If you compare the importance of Avery Bradley to Bosh has for Miami then there is something seriously off with you.
Avery Bradley
Jeff Green
Chis Wilcox
Allen Bone spurs
Paul Pierce Strained MCL
and thats just off the top of my head
if you think bosh = all those players then there is something seriously off with you :oldlol:

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 01:23 PM
This might be their way of telling us game 7 will be rigged in the Heat's favor.
they are trying to shift the public opinion from cheering for the underdog celtics into cheering for the overrated diva universally hated heat.

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 01:25 PM
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE YOU DUMB TURD... THEY'RE

(ESPN/NBA.COM)

IS JUST TELLING THE WORLD THAT DAVID STERN/ABC IS RIGGING GAME 7...

STERNS AT IT AGAIN...

WWE/NBA WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE?
It is so obviously rigged and fake and still we all continue to watch, I just with a new commissioner would come in and have the league called fairly and unbiased-fire all the current refs and bring in untainted ones from Euroleague.

The new commissioner needs to be like the basketball Elliot Ness because Stern is like Al Capone.

ThatsGame
06-09-2012, 01:32 PM
It is so obviously rigged and fake and still we all continue to watch, I just with a new commissioner would come in and have the league called fairly and unbiased-fire all the current refs and bring in untainted ones from Euroleague.

The new commissioner needs to be like the basketball Elliot Ness because Stern is like Al Capone.

Had it not been rigged, the Heat would have easily swept the Celtics. The league decided to milk the series.

Meticode
06-09-2012, 01:36 PM
Are you ignoring the other injuries on purpose? Obviously neither team is 100%, no use in using Bosh an excuse and sweeping the Celtics injuries under a rug.

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 01:38 PM
Had it not been rigged, the Heat would have easily swept the Celtics. The league decided to milk the series.
Miami's game 2 "win" was the most manufactured victory I have ever seen in the NBA and I'm a Lakers fan

Droid101
06-09-2012, 01:47 PM
I'd rather see Perk vs. Garnett than anything on the Heat vs. the Thunder.

JohnnySic
06-09-2012, 02:01 PM
ESPN and everything affiliated with them can sink to the bottom of the ocean.

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 02:04 PM
ESPN and everything affiliated with them can sink to the bottom of the ocean.
This is NBA.com, the league's official website, not ESPN, it's a joke.

They also talk about it being a victory from the basketball gods that Spurs aren't in the finals, and they are urging everyone to cheer for the heat, it all wreaks of desperation

JohnnySic
06-09-2012, 02:06 PM
^Wow! That makes it even worse! :eek:

Legends66NBA7
06-09-2012, 02:07 PM
For true basketball fans, Heat-Thunder is Finals heaven

Who the **** is this guy to say what a "true" basketball fan is ?

Can he even define that ?

:facepalm

Heavincent
06-09-2012, 02:12 PM

Kill yourself.

BigTicket
06-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Not like the author is alone in wanting to see a Lebron v Durant matchup in the finals.

Ratings for Miami v OKC would be far higher than Boston v OKC, and for good reason too, since the games would be a lot more entertaining.

Of course Miami first has to win game 7, which is anything but given.

StroShow4
06-09-2012, 02:15 PM
I don't see what the problem is. This particular writer would prefer to see the Heat in the Finals. So would I. Some others would prefer the Celtics. Who cares?

BigTicket
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM
Everyone loves a good rivalry, and Durant v Lebron would be the best finals matchup since Hakeem v Shaq.

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 02:20 PM

stupid people who dont follow basketball will read this and believe it. These spindoctors know what they're doing

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 02:22 PM
I don't see what the problem is. This particular writer would prefer to see the Heat in the Finals. So would I. Some others would prefer the Celtics. Who cares?
It is an NBA.com headline. It makes it seem that the very league and association is biased towards the heat, not just this writer, because they make it the first linked article on the main website.

What if there was an article "Everyone should cheer for Team China, it is a victory for sports if Team China wins all the medals" on the olympics website, it is exactly the same.

StroShow4
06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
It is an NBA.com headline. It makes it seem that the very league and association is biased towards the heat, not just this writer, because they make it the first linked article on the main website.

What if there was an article "Everyone should cheer for Team China, it is a victory for sports if Team China wins all the medals" on the olympics website, it is exactly the same.

Here is what the headline actually says:

"Sorry, Boston, but a Heat-Thunder clash in the NBA Finals would be heaven for many hoops fans."

Is that not true? Many fans DO want to see the Heat play the Thunder. Again, who cares?

dbugz
06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Again, we doesn't have problem with the article. That's his job, he's entitled on his own opinion. What's wrong is, nba(league's official website) put it on their home page, sticked on their flash front media player thinking like Heat-OKC is already a done deal. They should have at least be sensitive on that.

StroShow4
06-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Again, we doesn't have problem with the article. That's his job, he's entitled on his own opinion. What's wrong is, nba(league's official website) put it on their home page, sticked on their flash front media player thinking like Heat-OKC is already a done deal. They should have at least be sensitive on that.

It says "would be."

dbugz
06-09-2012, 02:32 PM

"Sorry, Boston, but a Heat-Thunder clash in the NBA Finals would be heaven for many hoops fans."

Is that not true? Many fans DO want to see the Heat play the Thunder. Again, who cares?

As the league's official website, I think it's inappropriate given that there's still a game 7 to be played.

There's also a statement on that article that says "Boston need to step aside" or something like that. :wtf:

Velocirap31
06-09-2012, 02:33 PM
People that don't hate the Heat (the few) and non-Celtic fans want OKC and Miami in the Finals for the entertainment value alone. Boston is NOT a fun team to watch.

dbugz
06-09-2012, 02:36 PM
It says "would be."

I was referring to nba.com or whoever is in charge on that website. The way they sticked it to the home page is like OKC-Heat is a done deal already and Boston doesn't deserve to go to the Finals, not the article alone.

StroShow4
06-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Maybe I don't understand getting all bent out of shape over this because I don't have a favorite team.

ImmortalNemesis
06-09-2012, 02:39 PM

Yes, make it happen Stern. Stern fixing the finals would mean he rigged the Spurs-Thunder series, too. :oldlol: You don't even believe the nonsense you type, kid. Now get the f*ck out of here with your bullshit.

The majority of fans want to see Boston vs OKC. That is fact by consensus. LeBron James is not liked by the majority of the basketball world. FTR, I have no problem with that article. Though I understand where Celtic fans are coming from.

cteach111
06-09-2012, 02:42 PM
The majority of fans want to see Boston vs OKC. That is fact by consensus. LeBron James is not liked by the majority of the basketball world. FTR, I have no problem with that article. Though I understand where Celtic fans are coming from.

lol, no, they really don't. You think Boston pulls in ratings like the Heat do? Show me what those ratings looked like last round with the Sixers :rolleyes:

Look at this from a business, not emotional perspective. If the Heat make the Finals, people who hate the hate the Heat will be COMPELLED to watch and see that Heat team fail.

Many fans just want to see the Heat fail and could not care less about Boston in the Finals.

Velocirap31
06-09-2012, 02:43 PM
lol, no, they really don't. You think Boston pulls in ratings like the Heat do? Show me what those ratings looked like last round with the Sixers :rolleyes:

Look at this from a business, not emotional perspective. If the Heat make the Finals, people who hate the hate the Heat will be COMPELLED to watch and see that Heat team fail.

Many fans just want to see the Heat fail and could not care less about Boston in the Finals.

This guy gets it.

ihoopallday
06-09-2012, 02:46 PM
If the NBA is so rigged, why do you idiots keep watching it? Quit bitchin all the time and find another sport.

ImmortalNemesis
06-09-2012, 03:04 PM

I never said or implied Boston pulls higher ratings than the Heat.

Yes, I agree with you here.

Again, agreed. Not sure what the point of your post is exactly? I think you must have misunderstood my post. My point is the majority of the basketball world wants to see Boston in the finals. Not because they love Boston but because they hate Miami. Who likes Miami? Outside of Florida no one does. Whether Boston pulls higher ratings than the Heat or not is irrelevant to what I posted earlier. The majority of NBA fans don't want to see Miami in the finals. Newsflash: Miami isn't liked. People want to Miami to fail. Ratings are irrelevant.

ihoopallday
06-09-2012, 03:07 PM
I never said or implied Boston pulls higher ratings than the Heat.

Yes, I agree with you here.

Again, agreed. Not sure what the point of your post is exactly? I think you must have misunderstood my post. My point is the majority of the basketball world wants to see Boston in the finals. Not because they love Boston but because they hate Miami. Who likes Miami? Outside of Florida no one does. Whether Boston pulls higher ratings than the Heat or not is irrelevant to what I posted earlier. The majority of NBA fans don't want to see Miami in the finals. Newsflash: Miami isn't liked. People want to Miami to fail. Ratings are irrelevant.

Your right. Miami not even making the finals would be more ammo for the haters to use.

Draz
06-09-2012, 03:09 PM
Disgusting I was about to post it to.

Alamo
06-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Yes, make it happen Stern. Stern fixing the finals would mean he rigged the Spurs-Thunder series, too. :oldlol: You don't even believe the nonsense you type, kid. Now get the f*ck out of here with your bullshit.

Nah. That shit was clearly fixed bro. You didn't watch the games?

Felt like I was watching WWE.

Derka
06-09-2012, 03:25 PM

When NBA.com publishes an article titled, "For True Basketball Fans, A Stable of Even Mildly Competent, Consistent Referees Would Be Heaven"...I'll give a damn what they have to say. Meanwhile, they don't get to tell me what a true basketball fans is and they certainly don't get to tell me what I find entertaining.

StroShow4
06-09-2012, 03:29 PM
When NBA.com publishes an article titled, "For True Basketball Fans, A Stable of Even Mildly Competent, Consistent Referees Would Be Heaven"...I'll give a damn what they have to say.

So you don't care? That was my point exactly: who cares?

Mach_3
06-09-2012, 03:36 PM

This right here. and also FCUK the casual fans

BlackWhiteGreen
06-09-2012, 03:38 PM
Can someone explain to me why a Boston-OKC series is so much worse than an OKC-Miami series?

ihoopallday
06-09-2012, 04:03 PM
Can someone explain to me why a Boston-OKC series is so much worse than an OKC-Miami series?

I don't really know. Either team will probably get demolished by OKC anyways. All I know is who ever wins tonight, deserves it. Lol unless the refs get whistle happy.

dbugz
06-09-2012, 04:05 PM

More like.. People who hates LeBron and the Heat want to see them fail again in a bigger stage especially to someone like Durant and the young Thunder.

SpecialQue
06-09-2012, 04:08 PM
That article is f@gg0try at its finest.

MontaHardaway
06-09-2012, 04:45 PM
I don't need to see a "forced" rivalry between the newest NBA superstar and the league's greatest prima donna.

what about the "forced" rekindling of the Celtics-Lakers rivalry in 2008 :confusedshrug: ?

Owl
06-09-2012, 05:33 PM

Came here to say this.

I like that the NBA website has columnists who (are allowed to) express opinions, I'd visit it a lot less if it didn't.

I'm ambivilent on neutrals supporting one team over another, but I suppose given that Miami was better over the season and had Bosh out, there's reason to think Miami might make a more competitive finals and deserving finalist.

But hey, whatever happens, happens.

Lord Leoshes
06-09-2012, 05:36 PM

Everyone who does not cheer for my team, or does not like what i like make me sick. Yes i hate everyone who does not agree with me. :rolleyes:

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Miami plays ugly boring iso-offense based ball.

Boston plays old school style team ball and actually shows alot of heart and toughness.

I don't understand why it would be a more exciting finals if iso at the top of the key Miami gets into the finals ahead of team-ball Rondo lead boston.

I dont understand why true hoops fans would rather watch iso-ball then team-ball

cteach111
06-09-2012, 06:13 PM
Miami plays ugly boring iso-offense based ball.

Boston plays old school style team ball and actually shows alot of heart and toughness.

I don't understand why it would be a more exciting finals if iso at the top of the key Miami gets into the finals ahead of team-ball Rondo lead boston.

I dont understand why true hoops fans would rather watch iso-ball then team-ball

because at the end of the day, that's what wins basketball games. The stars step up and carry their team to the finish line. People are lying to themselves if they believe role players will start hitting important shots unless they play alongside a star. When stars really lead their teams, it doesn't matter what style of team play the opposing team has. If they don't have the talent, they ain't winning. Lebron is more than enough to trump whatever the Celtics will try to do tonight.

Just ask Boston last year :confusedshrug:

It's also ironic that you would have a problem with this seeing as how you have a Kobe avatar. A lot of people on here are fans of stars because they win basketball games by putting a team on their shoulders and playing some team ball when they have to.

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 06:16 PM
because at the end of the day, that's what wins basketball games. The stars step up and carry their team to the finish line. People are lying to themselves if they believe role players will start hitting important shots unless they play alongside a star. When stars really lead their teams, it doesn't matter what style of team play the opposing team has. If they don't have the talent, they ain't winning. Lebron is more than enough to trump whatever the Celtics will try to do tonight.

Just ask Boston last year :confusedshrug:

It's also ironic that you would have a problem with this seeing as how you have a Kobe avatar. A lot of people on here are fans of stars because they win basketball games by putting a team on their shoulders and playing some team ball when they have to.
Then how come Lebron has never won titles playing boring iso-ball?

I can't think of a single team that has won a title where the main offense was iso at the top of the key.

That type of play wins regular season games, not titles.

cteach111
06-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Then how come Lebron has never won titles playing boring iso-ball?

I can't think of a single team that has won a title where the main offense was iso at the top of the key.

That type of play wins regular season games, not titles.

Because it hasn't happened for him yet. It doesn't mean that it won't work though. As long as he doesn't win, the criticism will be there, just like it was for Jordan and Kobe until they had the required talent to get there.

comerb
06-09-2012, 06:28 PM

Really?

A Heat/Thunder match up would have massively higher ratings, it would create a potential rivalry for the next several years to come, and it will cause a firestorm of publicity for the league. The NBA has been waiting for the Bird/Magic element to flare again for a long time, (and was praying for Kobe/Lebron).

A celtics matchup is just one last hurrah as they, in all likelihood, get slaughtered by OKC. It'll be lucky to last past 5 games, and the storyline would turn from an exciting new rivalry along with James/Durant comparisons... To a monologue on old Guys.

SpecialQue
06-09-2012, 06:37 PM
The Celtics get viewers.

Lord Leoshes
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
If the Heat make it they have a chance now that Bosh is back. But no one wants to see Boston get swept.

Nick Young
06-09-2012, 06:42 PM
Because it hasn't happened for him yet. It doesn't mean that it won't work though. As long as he doesn't win, the criticism will be there, just like it was for Jordan and Kobe until they had the required talent to get there.
Kobe and Jordan didnt win titles playing in boring iso-ball based offenses.

Did you not actually watch them during their title winning years? Do you not understand how the triangle offense works?:facepalm

SpecialQue
06-09-2012, 06:43 PM
If the Heat make it they have a chance now that Bosh is back. But no one wants to see Boston get swept.

How is a Boston team that took the "mighty" Heat to 7 games going to get swept?

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 06:46 PM
Everybody likes a cinderella story

cteach111
06-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Kobe and Jordan didnt win titles playing in boring iso-ball based offenses.

Did you not actually watch them during their title winning years? Do you not understand how the triangle offense works?:facepalm

how does that help them? Do you see a competent coach of PJ's caliber on the sidelines for the Heat?

Kobe finally got one of Lebron's coaches and guess what? The Lakers offense fell off a cliff. Talent can take a player so far, but coaches instill the system and get the most out of that talent.

They were in fortunate situations to have a coach like that. Lebron has yet to have a coach like that, but he's doing fairly well for himself.

Derka
06-09-2012, 07:36 PM

Kinda like the Celtics were gonna blown off the court by the Heat, right?

Some of you people really must have started watching basketball last week.

cteach111
06-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Kinda like the Celtics were gonna blown off the court by the Heat, right?

Some of you people really must have started watching basketball last week.

but they did get blown off the court once they Heat started playing seriously :confusedshrug:

Derka
06-09-2012, 07:42 PM
but they did get blown off the court once they Heat started playing seriously :confusedshrug:

You're honestly not worth acknowledging from this point forward. You have literally no idea what you're talking about in any of this.

Glide2keva
06-09-2012, 07:53 PM
You're honestly not worth acknowledging from this point forward. You have literally no idea what you're talking about in any of this.
Dude, don't bother with him. he's a proven bandwagon Heat fan. Someone posted him calling the the cHeat last year.

He's just a bandwagon jumper, nothing to see here.

gilalizard
06-09-2012, 08:01 PM

I doubt the Celtics will get annihilated by OKC.

Everyone thought the Heat would curbstomp them and here it is game 7. And without the ref bias the Heat got in the first two games, the Celts would of won this series already.

It's the NBA's bias in favor of the Heat being put on display. They just can't help themselves. If the Celts win, there'll probably be an article whining about the "lack of drama" (i.e. lack of LeFlop's chance to win a ring).

What they should of done is post an article arguing each viewpoint. Another article where someone was arguing the merits of OKC vs BOS. That would of been fair and entertaining. Something the NBA isn't very good at when it comes to LeFlop and the Heat.

gilalizard
06-09-2012, 08:05 PM

lol without all the favoritism the Heat get, Celtics would of won this series already.

cteach111
06-09-2012, 08:06 PM
lol without all the favoritism the Heat get, Celtics would of won this series already.

not sure if serious...

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 08:07 PM
not sure if serious...
you yourself called them the cheat :oldlol:

Glide2keva
06-09-2012, 08:09 PM
Magic wants to play for the Heat and help lebron. They are so biased on ESPN, it's not even funny.

gilalizard
06-09-2012, 08:09 PM
not sure if serious...

Let me put your mind to rest:

100% serious.

Game 2 was a travesty.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-09-2012, 08:10 PM
Really?

A Heat/Thunder match up would have massively higher ratings, it would create a potential rivalry for the next several years to come, and it will cause a firestorm of publicity for the league. The NBA has been waiting for the Bird/Magic element to flare again for a long time, (and was praying for Kobe/Lebron).

A celtics matchup is just one last hurrah as they, in all likelihood, get slaughtered by OKC. It'll be lucky to last past 5 games, and the storyline would turn from an exciting new rivalry along with James/Durant comparisons... To a monologue on old Guys.

So it's all based on a potential storyline for the future? OK. Is Durant-LeBron not a rivalry now? Does it DESERVE to be a rivalry if the Heat can't beat the Celtics, with a hobbled Pierce, no Avery Bradley and no big man depth?