PDA

View Full Version : After seeing KG leave the floor...

Kews1
06-09-2012, 11:13 PM
it really seems like hes going to retire.

EricGordon23
06-09-2012, 11:15 PM
Yeah looks like it. What a beast of a player!!! KG KG KG!!!!!!

BlackWhiteGreen
06-09-2012, 11:16 PM
He will. That absolutely killed him, coming off the floor.

CelticBaller
06-09-2012, 11:16 PM
:cry:

Meticode
06-09-2012, 11:17 PM
I have no problem with KG walking off the floor. He's old school, he doesn't want to be buddy buddy right after the game, plus he can go up to the players later and tell them congrats.

d.bball.guy
06-09-2012, 11:22 PM
:( :cry:

His heart will be missed

Salazaar
06-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Why are you all acting like he's going to retire?

t-rex
06-09-2012, 11:42 PM
He didn't want to come out of the game. It was sad to see. Hard to watch. I love KG. I hope he comes back but his body language didn't look good.

sic
06-09-2012, 11:43 PM
he should not retire. He needs a reduced workload.

guy
06-09-2012, 11:43 PM
He will. That absolutely killed him, coming off the floor.

Could've just been cause he knew this group won't be together anymore, not necessarily that he's going to retire. I can't see him retiring. He doesn't seem like he has anything else going on, and he clearly still plays at a high level and has the competitiveness and intensity. Not sure how bad his injuries are though.

ConanRulesNBC
06-09-2012, 11:45 PM
He can definitely contribute but he needs some help. They need to sign a couple more bigs so KG doesn't have to do so much.

NumberSix
06-09-2012, 11:45 PM
Why are you all acting like he's going to retire?
Cuz the dude has been in the NBA longer than even Kobe.

TheFan
06-09-2012, 11:47 PM
yup, he is gone... I knew it the moment he was going to the bench and showed affection towards Stiemsma... Garnett showing affection towards a white man? you could tell that was the end.

Felt bad for the Cs... i dislike their dumbasstitude but didn't want them to lose.

Grey Dawn
06-09-2012, 11:49 PM
RIM biggest fake tough guy act of all time.

swi7ch
06-09-2012, 11:53 PM
He needs to sign with MIA next year if he wants another ring + reduced workload.

Just sayin'.

Derka
06-09-2012, 11:54 PM
He needs to sign with MIA next year if he wants another ring + reduced workload.

Just sayin'.
That's not happening.

LA_Showtime
06-09-2012, 11:57 PM
I would love to see KG on the Spurs. Ray and Pierce would look good in a Spurs uniform too come to think of it. :lol

WhySoInsecure?
06-09-2012, 11:57 PM
He needs to go to San Antonio and spend a year next to Timmy. Imagine KG and Duncan getting another ring then retiring.

ConanRulesNBC
06-10-2012, 12:00 AM
He needs to go to San Antonio and spend a year next to Timmy. Imagine KG and Duncan getting another ring then retiring.

Tim Duncan hates KG legit. He said so in a recent interview.

LA_Showtime
06-10-2012, 12:03 AM

It's Tim Duncan. He was probably kidding. Besides, even if he did legit hate KG, I'm sure he'd be more than happy to have him on the Spurs. Even at their respective ages that would be a scary front duo.

BlackWhiteGreen
06-10-2012, 12:07 AM
For serious, if KG wants another ring and wants a reduced workload, he is straight over to OKC.

Heilige
06-10-2012, 12:09 AM

Why doe Duncan hate KG?

ConanRulesNBC
06-10-2012, 12:11 AM
Why doe Duncan hate KG?

From an article back in May.

But I will share the juiciest part of the Duncan piece with you — he can’t stand Kevin Garnett. Which makes me want a Celtics vs. Spurs NBA finals all the more.

It’s not hard to imagine the intense-but-reserved Duncan clashing with the intense-in-your-face Garnett. Here is what Ballard wrote.

In fact, Duncan hates Kevin Garnett. Hates him the way liberals hate Sean Hannity. This information comes from very reliable sources, who talk about how KG has made a career of trying to punk Duncan, baiting him and slapping him and whispering really weird smack into his ear. They talk about how funny this is, because the worst thing you can do as an opponent is piss off Duncan. Then, as Malik Rose says, “he f—— destroys you.” Duncan’s lifetime numbers versus Garnett’s teams, by the way: 19.4 points per game, 11.6 boards and a 44–17 record, including the postseason.

Duncan is diplomatic about the topic. Asked if perhaps all those years battling Garnett have softened his feelings for the man, led to a Magic-Larry type of kinship, Duncan leans back on the couch in his hotel room and grins. There is a pause. A longer pause. Finally he says, “Define kinship.”

Maestro33
06-10-2012, 12:12 AM
RIM biggest fake tough guy act of all time.

Classless end to a classless player. Im not going to get nostalgic about a guy who picks fights with 5'10 guards consistently. Great player for sure, just unrelentingly tactless. Great is even a bit much. Using the word great for players with one ring diminishes other actual greats. Really damn good player.

JustinJDW
06-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Too many white people watching the NBA if guys like Kevin Garnett are starting to get dissed on now.

Guy plays with more passion, intensity and loves the game more than almost anyone I've ever seen. Couldn't care less if he disrespected his opponent, or was even classless. Another stupid thing that only happens in the NBA.

When Justin Tuck talks shit about the Cowboys or their stadium, its not the end of the world. Guy has something to say, and he said it. Then they handle it on the football field. But in the NBA you get crucified.

And don't even get me started about hockey, psh.

NBA gets more soft every year, I swear.

RazorBaLade
06-10-2012, 12:31 AM
Too many white people watching the NBA if guys like Kevin Garnett are starting to get dissed on now.

Guy plays with more passion, intensity and loves the game more than almost anyone I've ever seen. Couldn't care less if he disrespected his opponent, or was even classless. Another stupid thing that only happens in the NBA.

When Justin Tuck talks shit about the Cowboys or their stadium, its not the end of the world. Guy has something to say, and he said it. Then they handle it on the football field. But in the NBA you get crucified.

Pretty sure only talking crap when theres someone to hold you back" is a black thing.

Killbot
06-10-2012, 12:33 AM
If KG knees are hurting like shit, he should just retire. His life can be ruined if his knees give in.
He already helped the C's reach the Conference Finals and almost got to the Finals this season, while still playing star ball.

It's been a blast KG. :applause:

disel
06-10-2012, 12:51 AM
Classless end to a classless player. Im not going to get nostalgic about a guy who picks fights with 5'10 guards consistently. Great player for sure, just unrelentingly tactless. Great is even a bit much. Using the word great for players with one ring diminishes other actual greats. Really damn good player.
Zaza pachulia went after him and KG was crapping himself:roll: :roll:

talkingconch
06-10-2012, 12:57 AM
Sign with the Lakers for min

MeLO MvP 15
06-10-2012, 01:16 AM
I'm really torn between thinking whether he'll retire or not. On one hand he had a great playoff run and made it to the ECF when that team was looked at possibly missing the playoffs mid way through the season... on the other, they did come up short again.

I bet he comes back.

nbaballllller
06-10-2012, 01:21 AM
ummmm miami anyone??

lol how great wuld he be as a defensive anchor.

lebron, wade, batter, bosh and garnett lockdown d??

he could play 20 mins a night and be a big help

but it depends on his knees and how is body feels

Kevin_Garnett_5
06-10-2012, 01:23 AM
He's retiring a Celtic, give it a rest. No, he won't sign with your favorite teams for the minimum. :oldlol:

ConanRulesNBC
06-10-2012, 01:24 AM
ummmm miami anyone??

lol how great wuld he be as a defensive anchor.

lebron, wade, batter, bosh and garnett lockdown d??

he could play 20 mins a night and be a big help

but it depends on his knees and how is body feels

Why would he ring chase? He's got one already.

But that would be an amazing starting lineup:

C: Kevin Garnett
PF: Chris Bosh
SF: LeBron James
SG: Dwyane Wade
PG: Mario Chalmers

:bowdown:

NewYorkNoPicks
06-10-2012, 01:26 AM
Ok all the Miami people... He has publicly said he does not want to end his career as a journeyman ring chaser. He has said numerous times he would like to retire a Celtic...straight from his mouth

Dwade305
06-10-2012, 01:26 AM
yup, he is gone... I knew it the moment he was going to the bench and showed affection towards Stiemsma... Garnett showing affection towards a white man? you could tell that was the end.

Felt bad for the Cs... i dislike their dumbasstitude but didn't want them to lose.
:oldlol:

MJ(Mean John)
06-10-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm a laker fan.

KG's a ****en beast.
Hope he doesn't retire.
Everything about him is dope.
He poured his heart and soul out.
Too had they lost. He's a dying breed. He will be missed. Never thought I'd be sad to see the celtics lose.
From ray playing hurt and doc LOVING his team like fam and rondo being the competitive f.ucker he is and add kg? Sucks to see em lose.

francesco totti
06-10-2012, 04:25 AM
PG: Steve Nash

its happening lol

Rowe
06-10-2012, 04:40 AM
Pretty sure only talking crap when theres someone to hold you back" is a black thing.
Uhh what? :lol

No, thats typically a female thing to do.

Coming from a Black dude. A Black thing is someone talking crap and you decide to kick their ass simply because someone has a camera and is screaming "Worldstar".

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-10-2012, 04:40 AM
I'm a laker fan.

KG's a ****en beast.
Hope he doesn't retire.
Everything about him is dope.
He poured his heart and soul out.
Too had they lost. He's a dying breed. He will be missed. Never thought I'd be sad to see the celtics lose.
From ray playing hurt and doc LOVING his team like fam and rondo being the competitive f.ucker he is and add kg? Sucks to see em lose.

yupe...gone are the days....now its friends super team forming days

Rowe
06-10-2012, 04:54 AM
yupe...gone are the days....now its friends super team forming days
Because this is the AAU generation of NBA players.

These guys are building friendships with each other at 14/15 years old at various basketball camps, picking colleges to play together, & ultimately still being friends by the time they get to the NBA as grown men.

The rivalries on the floor between this generation of star players is gone.

bizil
06-10-2012, 05:02 AM
Who knows what KG will do. But the great thing about being in his position is the fact that he's still a great player after 17 years in the L. The switch to center paid dividends. In the all around sense, I feel KG is the best PF or C in the L. If he stays on Boston, he needs to think about if they can win a ring. U have Miami, OKC, and the Bulls as young teams with big ass windows. U have other young teams that are just a player away from being serious threats. So KG needs to pick a team where he can contribute in a big way, get paid for what he's worth or damn close, and have a chance at a ring. Depending on what Boston can add in the summer, it could still be a great fit.

RazorBaLade
06-10-2012, 05:35 AM
Uhh what? :lol

No, thats typically a female thing to do.

Coming from a Black dude. A Black thing is someone talking crap and you decide to kick their ass simply because someone has a camera and is screaming "Worldstar".

no. bllk ppl have no understanding of a 1v1 fight and always ned s1 to either join in or hold them back

Kews1
06-10-2012, 06:45 AM
I have no problem with KG walking off the floor. He's old school, he doesn't want to be buddy buddy right after the game, plus he can go up to the players later and tell them congrats.

was talking about while the game was still going, there was like 1min left and Doc was trying to take him out of the game and he didnt want to leave. Then when he finally got off the floor he went and gave Doc a massive hug and said something, then he went up to pretty much the whole team and said stuff to them individually. Obviously it could just be because the season was over but it had a weird vibe about it.

Figlo
06-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Heat to sign TD, KG, Nash & Kidd all for the minimum

Then trade their draft pick + mike miller for 1st pick

Duncan/KG/Anthony
Bosh/Haslem
LeBron/A. Davis
D.Wade/N. Cole
Nash/Kidd/Chalmers

roffie
06-10-2012, 09:46 AM
Heat to sign TD, KG, Nash & Kidd all for the minimum

Then trade their draft pick + mike miller for 1st pick

Duncan/KG/Anthony
Bosh/Haslem
LeBron/A. Davis
D.Wade/N. Cole
Nash/Kidd/Chalmers

ROFL

longtime lurker
06-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Kg's done. Retirement is calling him, after seeing him drag his leg as he was walking to the bench its obvious that this was his last stand. Last of a dying breed.

NoGunzJustSkillz
06-10-2012, 12:19 PM
How would he look coming off the bench for the T-Wolves?

CelticBaller
06-10-2012, 12:22 PM
KG is retiring as celtic, I doubt he would ring chase

Clyde
06-10-2012, 12:22 PM
How would he look coming off the bench for the T-Wolves?

Like an idiot

L8k3r5
06-10-2012, 12:51 PM
PG: Steve Nash

its happening lol
Sike!!! You thought :oldlol:

Chrono90
06-10-2012, 01:02 PM
As a fan and someone who loves bball, that wouldn't be KG's last game. A person with that much heart and love for the game would retire either he physically can't move or at least till he 40.

He's going to get over it and come back stronger.

ronniec
06-11-2012, 04:03 PM
Dreaming or what? KG goes to SA?? Why not Duncun comes to Boston for a minimum?
Because of their loyalty, no chance they will play together.
He will stay with Cs or just retire, simple as that.
If he stays, Cs will be competitive again next season; if he retires, I wanna say "thank you". He was a true warrior and one of the best.

LA_Showtime
06-11-2012, 04:13 PM
If Garnett decides to come back I wouldn't be surprised if he signed with a contender. I mean he admitted that loyalty hurt him last time around and that if he could go back he would have asked out of Minnesota earlier. Why would it be any different now?

pegasus
06-11-2012, 05:37 PM
Chicago should amnesty Boozer and sign Garnett and Ray Allen. But I doubt they sign without knowing when Rose will be back.

guy
06-11-2012, 05:46 PM
Chicago should amnesty Boozer and sign Garnett and Ray Allen. But I doubt they sign without knowing when Rose will be back.

Thats what I'm hoping.

arifgokcen
06-11-2012, 05:55 PM

In the east for ring chaser veterans only option is miami.Because bulls are certainly not in that group at least for 2012-2013 season.Besides bulls only viable option for veterans is knicks however KG wouldnt play behind amare-chandler.However in miami he would start at center.However i dont see him leaving boston.

arifgokcen
06-11-2012, 05:57 PM
Bulls already signed hamilton.Allen is not signing with bulls.Considering rose will not be 100% even he comes back for playoffs so thats out of the window too.

guy
06-11-2012, 06:04 PM
In the east for ring chaser veterans only option is miami.Because bulls are certainly not in that group at least for 2012-2013 season.Besides bulls only viable option for veterans is knicks however KG wouldnt play behind amare-chandler.However in miami he would start at center.However i dont see him leaving boston.

I'm sure the Knicks would probably trade Amare for KG if they could. And I think Rondo is someone that could revitalize Amare's career. But I just don't see Boston taking that chance, nor do I see KG wanting to go to New York.

He's from Chicago. I kinda want to see Chicago go into ring chasing mode by signing KG, Allen, and Nash for cheap. If we can get Rose back at the end of the year, thats just a bonus. As a Bulls fan, I don't want to just give up on contending just cause Rose is out, but if we go with the team we have right now that is essentially what we would be doing. And like I said, I want to amnesty Boozer.

Derka
06-11-2012, 06:36 PM
I'm sure the Knicks would probably trade Amare for KG if they could. And I think Rondo is someone that could revitalize Amare's career. But I just don't see Boston taking that chance, nor do I see KG wanting to go to New York.

He's from Chicago. I kinda want to see Chicago go into ring chasing mode by signing KG, Allen, and Nash for cheap. If we can get Rose back at the end of the year, thats just a bonus. As a Bulls fan, I don't want to just give up on contending just cause Rose is out, but if we go with the team we have right now that is essentially what we would be doing. And like I said, I want to amnesty Boozer.

:biggums: KG is from South Carolina. He played at Farragut in Chicago for his senior season only.

guy
06-11-2012, 07:01 PM
:biggums: KG is from South Carolina. He played at Farragut in Chicago for his senior season only.

I'll use whatever I can to be optimistic :D

CardiacKemba
06-11-2012, 08:40 PM
KG won't retire yet. Like many people have said, with youth and the right pieces around him he will still be extremely effective. Same goes for Pierce and Ray

G-train
06-11-2012, 09:01 PM

Poor sportsmanship isn't old school. It's the opposite.

G-train
06-11-2012, 09:04 PM
We all know he can be effective somewhat.
But he may not want to play again, he may be mentally drained, his body may be at the end of its tether.
I personally don't think he would last another 82 games and playoffs at over 25 mpg.

ImmortalD24
06-11-2012, 09:13 PM
Love KG.. Wish he and Kobe could team up for one last run.

http://givemetherock.com/wp-content/uploads/p1.kobe_.garnett.jpg

unknowns8
06-12-2012, 08:32 AM
KG isn't retiring... :facepalm

Just look at his2012 stats... it doesn't make sense... i dunno why all of ya think he's retiring :confusedshrug:

L.Kizzle
06-12-2012, 08:49 AM
KG isn't retiring... :facepalm

Just look at his2012 stats... it doesn't make sense... i dunno why all of ya think he's retiring :confusedshrug:
Just because you produce well, doesn't mean you have to stay until you turn into Orlando Magic version of Patrick Ewing.

Clyde Drexler retired in his 15th season with an average of over 18/5/5. With these stats, he could have played into the early 2000's, but why?

LBJDW305
06-12-2012, 09:37 AM
Come to Miami and win a 2nd ring....playing 15-20 minutes a game he can be VERY dangerous.

BlueandGold
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM

What does that have to do with being white? Black people do understand that racism works both ways right?

Rolando
06-12-2012, 10:11 AM
He's like the 3rd or 4th best center in the league if he comes back at that position. I don't think he's retiring. He will have many teams fighting to sign him. The guy is an All Time Great.

I hope he comes back as a Celtic. I can see a lineup with KG, Green, Pierce, Bradley and Rondo being extremely fast and dangerous. Have Ray Allen and Bass coming in for relief and the 2nd unit has good scoring too.

OmniStrife
06-12-2012, 10:12 AM
Leaving Boston =/= Retiring.

franchise#3
06-12-2012, 10:17 AM
There are rumours floating around that he might be almost broke so he needs to play for a few more seasons to get some money before retiring.

BlueandGold
06-12-2012, 10:35 AM
Leaving Boston =/= Retiring.
lol where did you get that avatar? Cheap shot at seattle fans :mad:

guy
06-12-2012, 10:51 AM
There are rumours floating around that he might be almost broke so he needs to play for a few more seasons to get some money before retiring.

Umm, link? that can't be right.

markymark
06-12-2012, 12:41 PM

My thoughts, exactly. +1

stallionaire
06-12-2012, 12:46 PM
He should be back in a Wolves jersey. Nothing else.

MK2V1GP
06-12-2012, 02:58 PM
Come to Miami and win a 2nd ring....playing 15-20 minutes a game he can be VERY dangerous.

He is NOT going to Miami. I bet a million dollars that he doesnt.

He's an old-school player. He's not going to sell out and join the team he hates the most. He's not going to be a ring-chaser in the way that Gary Payton was.

guy
06-12-2012, 03:02 PM
He's one of the rare players that could seriously fit onto any team in the league.

He won't go to Miami. Not sure if he'd go to San Antonio cause Duncan apparently doesn't like him. If he doesn't stay in Boston, Chicago or OKC makes the most sense.

Rolando
06-12-2012, 03:14 PM
He should be back in a Wolves jersey. Nothing else.

I could live with that. KG, Love and Rubio could definitely do some damage.

konex
06-12-2012, 03:55 PM
I don't see why he would retire. He is still a top 10 PF. I would take him over Pau right now

DuMa
06-12-2012, 03:59 PM
Amnesty Perk, sign KG.