PDA

View Full Version : The Official Dexter Season 7 Thread

BoogieWoogieMan
06-12-2012, 01:39 PM
http://wac.450f.edgecastcdn.net/80450F/screencrush.com/files/2012/06/323_6_0_prm-freeprev_1024x640.jpg

Dexter Season 7 Teaser:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVzs3HaRfN0&feature=player_embedded

And the reason I made this thread:

http://www.imdb.com/news/ni29969802/

Yvonne Strahovski will guest star as a recurring character on the upcoming season of 'Dexter'.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/108542/coach-o.gif

Alamo
06-12-2012, 01:42 PM
Yvonne Strahovski :applause:

I don't watch this show, but I love that woman.

CelticBaller
06-12-2012, 02:17 PM
debra now knows dexter's secret

shit is going to get real

GOBB
06-12-2012, 02:43 PM
When does the season start and its crazy how its up to Season 7. That number throws you off.

knickballer
06-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Shit I though season 6 was the last season..

Dexter is one of my favorite shows.. Thanks OP for the heads up

Thorpesaurous
06-12-2012, 02:47 PM
When does the season start and its crazy how its up to Season 7. That number throws you off.

I believe it's 9/30.

Last seson was supposed to be the last, then they re-upped it very late in the season. It felt like they had written a couple endings to it.

LA_Showtime
06-12-2012, 05:05 PM
Is that the girl from Chuck? What's wrong with her teeth? Don't get me wrong, she's really hot, but those teeth...

alenleomessi
06-12-2012, 05:25 PM
is this the last season or there will be one more?

enayes
06-12-2012, 06:22 PM
Shit I though season 6 was the last season..

Dexter is one of my favorite shows.. Thanks OP for the heads up

You thought they would end the show with Deb seeing Dexter kill someone?

That would have sucked/

And the show has been confirmed for 2 more seasons, so 8 will be the last/

Dexter is my favorite show, I also just finished Six Feet Under, great show with Michael C. Hall in it as well, check it out if you haven't already

franchise#3
06-12-2012, 06:50 PM
Can't wait for it

ZeN
07-13-2012, 12:16 AM
I like white girls. I guess I gotta go back and watch season 6. (Never even started)

BWM: Comic Book Draft?

IGotACoolStory
07-13-2012, 12:52 AM
If Yvonne shows her boobs, I will die from dehydration from too much *********ion.

Freedom Kid7
07-13-2012, 01:07 AM
If Yvonne shows her boobs, I will die from dehydration from too much *********ion.
:oldlol: :oldlol: . I'm stoked. Some people I know didn't like the last season, but I liked and I still think Season 7 will be good. Anyways, my main thought is if the guy who made that computer game will be the bad guy

BoogieWoogieMan
07-13-2012, 02:45 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319398_10151943985645271_1377581726_n.jpg

ZeN: Oh Hells No!

ZeN
07-13-2012, 02:56 PM
ZeN: Oh Hells No!

Come on man!

Its been a good while and I need something yo kick start my comic book reading... The focus has stagnated.. Lol

Mr Know It All
07-13-2012, 04:20 PM
Dexter has been crap since Doakes died. Gotten progressively worse, John Lithgow was a bright spot in season 4 that's it.

Season 5 was bad, season 6 was horribly bad. No telling how terrible season 7 will be.

Cowboy Thunder
07-13-2012, 04:28 PM
first two minutes of season 7 if anyone wants to watch....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rzzwNUBc2Z0

hollleeee crap :eek: :eek: :eek:

Cowboy Thunder
07-13-2012, 04:30 PM
Dexter has been crap since Doakes died. Gotten progressively worse, John Lithgow was a bright spot in season 4 that's it.

Season 5 was bad, season 6 was horribly bad. No telling how terrible season 7 will be.

I agree to an extent.

I really want to see Dex get caught or offed before this show goes to complete bullshit.

Kensta
07-13-2012, 05:07 PM
I agree to an extent.

I really want to see Dex get caught or offed before this show goes to complete bullshit.

This

franchise#3
07-13-2012, 05:36 PM

That was great :bowdown:

Was episode 1 leaked last year before the premi

Vragrant
07-13-2012, 11:39 PM

Thanks a lot.

Damn Dexter is good thinking on his feet.

Beebo
07-14-2012, 12:17 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: . I'm stoked. Some people I know didn't like the last season, but I liked and I still think Season 7 will be good. Anyways, my main thought is if the guy who made that computer game will be the bad guy

Most likely...they were harsh foreshadowing it last season.

enayes
07-14-2012, 01:41 AM

Don't exaggerate. If you thought the last 2 seasons were so bad, why bother finishing them?

I really hate how people constantly judge a show from season to season/always comparing it to its beginning. A television show has to change, new things have to happen, so just watch it or don't waste your time.

alenleomessi
08-16-2012, 12:47 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NzpnjVmuCA&feature=share

holly shit, dexter will be going full psycho

Rose
08-16-2012, 12:59 PM
Oh man I can't wait.

Hopefully this isn't a let down. But I'm not sure how they can **** this up.

alenleomessi
08-16-2012, 01:07 PM
btw there are a lot of spoilers in the promo

Cowboy Thunder
08-16-2012, 02:21 PM
lol oops. i started another thread:lol

macmac
08-16-2012, 09:03 PM
Don't exaggerate. If you thought the last 2 seasons were so bad, why bother finishing them?

I really hate how people constantly judge a show from season to season/always comparing it to its beginning. A television show has to change, new things have to happen, so just watch it or don't waste your time.

The last two seasons were really bad. After seeing the season with Julia Stiles, i stopped watching. Writing, dialogue, story line, characters, everything went down the shitter.

It has nothing to do with beginnings or change. The wire's prime was season 3 and 4....breaking bad has gotten progressively much better with each season. So I don't understand that ridiculous argument. Season 1 and 2 were fantastic. 3 was incredibly bad. 4 was solid. 5 was atrocious to the point where the story no longer matters to me.

alenleomessi
09-30-2012, 09:17 AM
bump, tonights the night

Thorpesaurous
10-01-2012, 08:32 AM
I posted this in another thread, but it belongs in here too.

I definitely enjoyed Dexter last night. I've loved the show from the get go, but as it's moved on, the flatness of all the characters outside of Dex and his sister has been an issue. To have it seemingly focus so much on the two of them this year, whatever the end may be, I think will make it that much better. I also feel like it's been a little too hokey since season two, with the exception of the Lithgow season, and as of last night it had a much darker edge to it than it has in recent years. Using LaGuerta as the one who's on the track is nice, because she's really the most fleshed out of the other characters, and she's got a natural rift with Deb already. Good cliffhanger that sort of dragged last season's cliffhanger out another episode. Good throwbacks to the long term audiences with The Ice Truck Killer and Dokes both being mentioned. And even the public storyline with the Ukrainian mafia looks to be a step up from recent seasons.

As you can see, I sort of agree with you guys that the show hasn't been nearly as good since season two, with the Lithgow season standing out as a notable exception, but it's had enough high moments to keep me watching. I've found that every year it opens well and then slowly devolves as the seasons wears along as the perimeter characters get exposed as flat one note people. But this episode felt different to me, and I'm really looking forward. I do have serious doubts about the computer guy however being able to hold down what I'm suspecting will be a major role.

Bano114
10-07-2012, 09:32 PM
Am I the only one who remembers he has a son? :biggums:

niko
10-08-2012, 11:26 AM
My favorite line was Debra saying "I'm the worst ****ing detective in the world."

The problem with using Laguerta is that she's so freaking unlikable at this point as a character that Dexter killing her (if he had to) would elicit the wrong reaction.

dunksby
10-08-2012, 11:37 AM
Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?

niko
10-08-2012, 11:59 AM
Anyone else feel incest in the air or have I watched too much GOT?

Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.

Bano114
10-14-2012, 09:57 PM
Episode 3 was an awesome ****ing episode..

Reef
10-14-2012, 10:08 PM
So Dexter's gonna go down for the computer geek's murder.

I almost fapped when that girl opened her mouth so Dexter could swab her cheek.

Tarik One
10-15-2012, 10:49 AM
Debra is in love with Dexter, Dexter tends to respond to random stimulus for sex (he doesn't seek it out normally). It's not ridiculous and it feels like they are trying to show their is sexual tension, at least from Deb's side.

I think the reason Deb's trying to "fix" Dexter is because she's in love with him. I don't believe the show has backed off that at all. It's immature, and stupid, and there's no way she doesn't know better, and the way she's going about it makes me want to stab her in the face, but look at what she's getting out of this.

Dexter is with her all the time, he has to listen to her, and he has to talk to her. She's got everything an obsessed lover could want, except sex.

Thorpesaurous
10-15-2012, 11:07 AM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.

Bano114
10-15-2012, 01:32 PM
I posted this in another thread, but I'll put it here too.

I think Dexter is heading in a good direction this year. Not season one good, but better than the recent past. In large part I think because it's focus is almost entirely on Dexter and Deb, who are by far the most fleshed out characters on the show, and the most competent, perhaps the only competent, performers on the show. I felt like Deb related too him a little quicker than I would've done as a writer, but it gets the show back on its format. I don't know if the Bull Guy is a particularly good target, but he'll do for now. The Russian Mafia led heroin ring is a nice gimmick I think. I thought the back and fourth with the nerd was going well, so seeing him eat it last night was a surprise.

I feel like the hot blonde chic will continue to be a factor, because her and her nutjob bf are a model that Dexter and Deb will think about as how a couple could do this. And / or Dexter will look at her in comparison to Deb and how supportive she was versus Deb trying to suppress him. With Deb sort of accepting what Dex did with the Bull guy now, I could see the moral side of her blending with her obsessive want for Dex to cause her to struggle with the idea of he and her running off as a couple of vigalante Serial Killer Hunters.

One thought I had watching the episode last night is that it feels like older seasons again because Dexter is under the microscope again and is going back his **** it ill do what I want ways, while trying to avoid being caught.

That and the fact that there is so much going and so many scenarios that can completely ruin his life that he doesn't know about coming to fruition that as a viewer I'm kind of on edge a little bit.

Tarik One
10-15-2012, 02:26 PM
The Russian is quickly becoming one of best villains on the show. Dexter's biggest threat since Doakes.

enayes
10-16-2012, 09:18 PM
I like this show.

Bano114
11-11-2012, 10:56 PM
Good episode tonight..

Bano114
11-25-2012, 11:01 PM
I hope I'm not the only one who still watches this show. Tonights episode was amazing.

This season finnaly seems like the bounce back the show needed. Definetely the best since Season 4.

Thorpesaurous
11-26-2012, 09:36 AM
I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.

Remix
11-26-2012, 01:32 PM
I've been pretty pleased with the show as a whole this year too. I think a lot of it is because it's been so heavy on Dex and Deb, who are really the most fleshed out characters in the show's stable. And then the side characters they are using most, Quinn and LaGuerta, are probably the next most complete characters. Masuka is a cartoon and should be used as such, and has. And Batista too is pretty much a cardboard cutout of a character, and he's been pretty limited too.

I haven't liked the Russian guy as much as most I guess. He's almost not evil enough. I knew that victim was his boyfriend after probably half an hour too for some reason. I feel like the Laguerta plot with three episodes to go is going to be great. And it's gonna put Deb right in the middle of it. And Hannah McKay has been the best of the Dex confidant characters by a pretty wide margin. Much better than Lumen, or the French chick in season two, or the god awfull Jimmy Smits character.

I agree with everything you said. Especially with the Russian guy. When he was in prison for killing all of the guys in the bar, I was thinking ohshit dex is in trouble, this guy is a mean dude. But they ended up working together, even though I was expecting a big showdown. But I am excited to see how close Laguerta gets to Dex.

niko
11-26-2012, 02:16 PM
Matthews knows something is up... which is why he went back to laguerta. Dexter's name was obviously the trigger.
He was close friends with Harry and swore to protect his legacy and his kids (deb/dexter).

so i could see him possibly knowing about dexter and wants to protect him... or he has his own suspicions about dexter...
and as well, Matthews was one of the last persons to talk to Harry before harry killed himself :o.

i still think laguerta is going to die at the end of this season
My prediction is Debra kills Laguerta to protect Dexter.

longtime lurker
11-26-2012, 11:36 PM
I came online just to post about Dexter! This episode was awesome and this season is refreshing after two let down seasons. I think Isaak is one of the best villains on the show, finally someone who has some depth to him.

Tarik One
11-27-2012, 02:26 AM
I came online just to post about Dexter! This episode was awesome and this season is refreshing after two let down seasons. I think Isaak is one of the best villains on the show, finally someone who has some depth to him.
Isaak has been on the show for handful of episodes and already has more influence on Dexter than anyone else not named Harry.

paperstreet
11-30-2012, 01:50 AM
Ray Stevenson is a good actor, and he brought some depth to his character. I assumed Victor was his son...

sad to see him go.

bmulls
11-30-2012, 02:05 AM
Ray Stevenson is a good actor, and he brought some depth to his character. I assumed Victor was his son...

sad to see him go.

That was my guess as well.

Also did anybody think Hannah made a face at the end of the last episode when Dexter was professing his love or whatever? She seemed like she was thinking "wtf" to me.

alenleomessi
11-30-2012, 09:09 AM
this season has been completely meh... come on something big needs to happen...

Tarik One
11-30-2012, 11:37 AM
this season has been completely meh... come on something big needs to happen...
If you don't believe anything big has happened so far, then you're watching the wrong show. Maybe you should stick to shows like Law and Order

The-Legend-24
12-03-2012, 02:18 AM
I think LaGuerta is gonna die this season, she's figured out Dexter might be the Bay Harbor Butcher. Here's hoping Deb kills her.

Rameek
12-03-2012, 12:19 PM
This is probably the best season in 5 years. Business is picking up and thats great.

So long Dark Passenger!

Thorpesaurous
12-03-2012, 01:16 PM
It was interesting to see Dex dump The Code for Hannah's father. I gotta say, the Hannah character has been a really pleasant surprise. She is by far the best of the characters that have been sent to open Dexter up. It's a pretty long list. The French chick in season 2. Jimmy Smits. The wife. Lumen. It's been a long list of flops really. Hannah has let him really open up. And throw in the exposure to Deb, and you're getting a lot more from Dex than we have in the past.

And the chick who plays Hannah, in addition to being rediculously hot, has been one of the better performances in the show as well. Her melt down last night was way better than 90% of what we see on the show. Usually we get something closer to the abysmally flat character of her father. A performance so bad it was actually uncomfortable to watch.

Every year they say this is the last season, but it seems like it's going to be tough to tie up Hannah, LaGuerta, and even Quinn's goofy subplot all in these last few episodes (the relationship between Quinn and Deb is retarded too now. A year ago she was engaged to the guy. Now he's getting shot over his russian stripper girlfriend and all she's got is a shake of the head). The LaGuerta thing specifically feels like it needs a season to itself. Last night her "schock" about Dexter's brother being The Ice Truck Killer was another fine example of this show's consistently flat characters. That should've been a massive reveal for her. Instead it was "Wait, what? ... and he's a blood spatter analyst!" ... and scene!!

But at it's core, Deb, Dex, Harry, and hopefully now more Hannah, the show has really worked this year.

Bano114
12-03-2012, 02:24 PM
It was interesting to see Dex dump The Code for Hannah's father. I gotta say, the Hannah character has been a really pleasant surprise. She is by far the best of the characters that have been sent to open Dexter up. It's a pretty long list. The French chick in season 2. Jimmy Smits. The wife. Lumen. It's been a long list of flops really. Hannah has let him really open up. And throw in the exposure to Deb, and you're getting a lot more from Dex than we have in the past.

And the chick who plays Hannah, in addition to being rediculously hot, has been one of the better performances in the show as well. Her melt down last night was way better than 90% of what we see on the show. Usually we get something closer to the abysmally flat character of her father. A performance so bad it was actually uncomfortable to watch.

Every year they say this is the last season, but it seems like it's going to be tough to tie up Hannah, LaGuerta, and even Quinn's goofy subplot all in these last few episodes (the relationship between Quinn and Deb is retarded too now. A year ago she was engaged to the guy. Now he's getting shot over his russian stripper girlfriend and all she's got is a shake of the head). The LaGuerta thing specifically feels like it needs a season to itself. Last night her "schock" about Dexter's brother being The Ice Truck Killer was another fine example of this show's consistently flat characters. That should've been a massive reveal for her. Instead it was "Wait, what? ... and he's a blood spatter analyst!" ... and scene!!

But at it's core, Deb, Dex, Harry, and hopefully now more Hannah, the show has really worked this year.

Before season 6 ended they confirmed that there would be 2 more seasons. We have 1 more after this.

I was totally suprised that Dexter dumped the whole Dark Passenger thing and think that's a pretty big deal.

I think from here he slowly starts to realize that he's a psycho and maybe even embraces it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-03-2012, 03:27 PM

He dumped the "Dark Passenger" not the code. At least that's what I got from the episode. Hannah's father didn't meet the code but he put Hannah in danger w/ blackmail / what he knew about her.

Dexter was ready to kill Sal Price too (or put him in jail for life) because of Hannah. He definitely didn't meet the code.

I agree that this season has been top notch. Was looking through the episode list and the finale is named, "Surprise Mothe****er" -- is Doax making a cameo? :oldlol:

Thorpesaurous
12-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Yeah, not so much that he dumped the code, just that he was willing to deviate from it for her father, and like Bano said, maybe it indicates his sort of letting go of the structure he's hung onto so long, and sort embracing his becoming truely out of control.
When he dumped the Dark Passenger thing, I thought it was telling that she sort of points out that he's still in there. She's sort of convincing him to embrace himself. And they just subtly imply that she may be manipulating him, although it's not entirely clear, which is a nod to her performance, and it's much dissimilar to the on the nose stuff we usually get from the show.

Does Dex's deviation from the code allow him to truely hunt LaGuerta once he discovers her theory? Is he willing to kill the other guy to? They're the only ones who really know about it at the moment? Would that alienate him from Deb who's just barely able to justify him as it is? Would he be willing to kill Deb? Would Hannah try to kill Deb to protect him the way he did with her father? All of this could make next season compelling.

bmulls
12-03-2012, 03:44 PM
I think from here he slowly starts to realize that he's a psycho and maybe even embraces it.

I think it's the opposite, Dexter used to think he was just a monster now he's realizing he's human. He's realizing he can control his urges and he also realizes he is in love with Hannah

alenleomessi
12-03-2012, 03:46 PM
hopefully laguerta is next on dex's deathlist

Bano114
12-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I think it's the opposite, Dexter used to think he was just a monster now he's realizing he's human. He's realizing he can control his urges and he also realizes he is in love with Hannah

It can go either way. That's what makes it such an interesting scenario.

I feel like when he dumped the code and killed Hannah's father he kind of started to get a kind of like...**** it attitude.

I felt the show took a tone last night that was more like Dexter realizing...

'I dont kill because I have to and to kill murderers...its all bull shit. I kill because I like to and I will kill anyone that gets in my way.'

Which I think that state of mind has some influence from Hannah in it.

My guess as to where they go...Dexter starts to get loose with the code and losing some of his focus and as the LaGuerta theory heats up his recklessness winds up coming back to hurt him. He realizes he needs to regain focus and does some boss shit to get out from under the microscope. (Killing LaGuerta maybe?)

One thing I never understood about Dexter is I remember him saying in a past episode that the first rule of the code was 'Dont get caught'.

So why before did he work so hard to not kill innocent people who were on to him. (I.E. holding Doakes prisoner, that guy writing the book on Hanna and trying to buy him off.)

According to the code if someone is about to catch him shouldn't he be allowed to kill them even if they never killed anybody?

Beebo
12-03-2012, 05:58 PM
I actually like Laguerta but looks like she's gonna be killed off. Kinda ironic how she was all over dexters dick in the first few seasons and now she's gonna get killed by him (or deb?)

The-Legend-24
12-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Damn, Dexter gave up Hannah, that's a bitch move. She way too fine. The season finale looks epic as fvck though. The promo even shows Dexter getting arrested. :rant

Doakes even comes out in the promo, wtf?

bluechox2
12-10-2012, 04:47 AM
i think debra poisoned herself

miller-time
12-10-2012, 04:53 AM
i think debra poisoned herself

That crossed my mind, but it would be pretty risky to smash up your car like that.

Thorpesaurous
12-10-2012, 09:08 AM
Yeah, I don't see any way Hannah poinsoned Deb. This is the kind of show where they don't NOT show something that would be critical to the plot like that. Usually they practically zoom in on the important stuff. Had Hannah poisoned Deb, we would have been shown it, explicitly, with Hannah making the shifty eyes and the whole deal.

The trailer for the finale did look nuts, but they've been extremely misleading with their trailers before.

alenleomessi
12-10-2012, 12:00 PM
surprise muthaf*cka
cant wait for the finale :bowdown:

miller-time
12-10-2012, 06:38 PM
The trailer for the finale did look nuts, but they've been extremely misleading with their trailers before.

yeah i am skeptical. they've often used flashbacks and that in their trailers.

Beebo
12-10-2012, 06:50 PM
This Dexter and Hannah storyline has got to end. Shit is like a soap opera. :facepalm

Graviton
12-10-2012, 07:33 PM
Yvonne Strahovski is almost perfect. Those eyes, that hair, silky smooth skin, pink lips on top of that body. Hannah makes me drool every Sunday.

Can't believe Dexter chose emo Deb over her, Hannah doesn't use pills. Deb was the one going ham on those pills. Freaking ruined everything. Dex better fudge the shit out of Deb in the Finale. Next season they gotta be together vs LaGuerta.

Anyone know why Yvonne Strahovski doesn't get lot of TV/Movie roles? Her acting is great, and she is the hottest TV actress along with Alison Brie. Yet she doesn't really show up a lot since Chuck.

bmulls
12-10-2012, 08:04 PM
I also think Deb poisoned herself trying to frame Hannah.

ZenMaster
12-11-2012, 01:35 AM
So what's gonna happen when Hannah sits in an interigation room and says "immunity for the bay harbor butcher" ?

Graviton
12-11-2012, 02:19 AM
So what's gonna happen when Hannah sits in an interigation room and says "immunity for the bay harbor butcher" ?
She is not gonna betray Dexter, she actually loves him and that last "you should have killed me" scene really showed how much she cares about him.

miller-time
12-11-2012, 02:25 AM

I don't remember but does she know that Dexter is specifically the bay harbor butcher? And does she also know that Laguerta is looking into the case?

She could still turn on Dexter (although I doubt it) but if she doesn't know anything about the case then she might not bother bringing Dexter up. It would sound pretty crazy if out of nowhere she just starts accusing Dexter of being a serial killer - especially if she doesn't have or know of any evidence?

ZenMaster
12-11-2012, 02:41 AM
I don't remember but does she know that Dexter is specifically the bay harbor butcher? And does she also know that Laguerta is looking into the case?

She could still turn on Dexter (although I doubt it) but if she doesn't know anything about the case then she might not bother bringing Dexter up. It would sound pretty crazy if out of nowhere she just starts accusing Dexter of being a serial killer - especially if she doesn't have or know of any evidence?

She has a history of doing whatever is necessary, at the brink of going to prison you'd think she'd do anything.
She could tell them about how he tried and kill her with the plastic wrapping and all..

miller-time
12-11-2012, 02:58 AM
She could tell them about how he tried and kill her with the plastic wrapping and all..

Unless she knows specifics about Dexter and the bay harbor butcher case I don't think she would worry, it'd just look like she is trying to get back at Dexter and/or Deb.

ZenMaster
12-11-2012, 11:44 AM
Unless she knows specifics about Dexter and the bay harbor butcher case I don't think she would worry, it'd just look like she is trying to get back at Dexter and/or Deb.

Except the captain of the department would instantly believe her.

Rameek
12-11-2012, 12:13 PM
I also assumed Deb poisoned herself. I cant believe Dex let Hannah get arrested considering how much information she knows. That was utterly ridiculous and inexplicably inexcusable. Even if they cant find evidence against Dex his reputation and career would be over. Also how he let his mothers murderer go considering he knows his face and name explicitly! He admitted that he was set up by the captain to the dude.

For the first time in a long time with this show I cant wait to see the FINALE!

Qwyjibo
12-11-2012, 01:59 PM
I also assumed Deb poisoned herself. I cant believe Dex let Hannah get arrested considering how much information she knows. That was utterly ridiculous and inexplicably inexcusable. Even if they cant find evidence against Dex his reputation and career would be over. Also how he let his mothers murderer go considering he knows his face and name explicitly! He admitted that he was set up by the captain to the dude.

For the first time in a long time with this show I cant wait to see the FINALE!
That's been my problem with this season. Dexter is being way too careless and taking too many silly risks. I don't know if this is the intent to lead to an eventual "downfall" or just sloppy writing. I just think the writers feel like they need to "go big" after the weak season last year and that just opens up too many plot holes and silly character motivations.

I think that Deb drugged herself as well and that Cap. Matthews knows all about Dexter (from Harry) and is trying to protect him. The way he dismissed the possibility of Dexter being the Bay Harbor Butcher so quickly despite all the obvious signs pointing to him doesn't make sense for someone who was such a high ranking police officer.

miller-time
12-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Except the captain of the department would instantly believe her.

But from her perspective she doesn't know that. So she won't.

Kensta
12-11-2012, 08:28 PM
That's been my problem with this season. Dexter is being way too careless and taking too many silly risks. I don't know if this is the intent to lead to an eventual "downfall" or just sloppy writing. I just think the writers feel like they need to "go big" after the weak season last year and that just opens up too many plot holes and silly character motivations.

I think that Deb drugged herself as well and that Cap. Matthews knows all about Dexter (from Harry) and is trying to protect him. The way he dismissed the possibility of Dexter being the Bay Harbor Butcher so quickly despite all the obvious signs pointing to him doesn't make sense for someone who was such a high ranking police officer.

He just wants to end it asap so LaGuerta can give him that 40yr pension that he wants.

Remix
12-16-2012, 08:28 PM
excited for the finale.

unfortunately, i am at home over winter break and do not have ShowTime.. does anyone know of any sites to watch it?

Graviton
12-16-2012, 08:31 PM
excited for the finale.

unfortunately, i am at home over winter break and do not have ShowTime.. does anyone know of any sites to watch it?
Google tv links, they get good quality versions up on putlocker/vidxden after few hours of the episode.

franchise#3
12-16-2012, 09:23 PM
Are there any live streams? I usually wait but this is the finale.

franchise#3
12-16-2012, 10:58 PM
That wasn't good. Perhaps they are planning for a movie?

Reef
12-16-2012, 10:59 PM
I thought LaGuerta would start to shoot him and then Deb would take her out.

Bano114
12-16-2012, 11:00 PM
That wasn't good. Perhaps they are planning for a movie?

That was terrible..:facepalm

Spoilers of what I thought would happen in white. Don't read if you didnt watch.
I was hoping that Dexter would kill Laguerta as planned, but Hannah would kill Deb. How the **** does she get free and not do anything? Except leave a flower? She has to be back in season 8.

franchise#3
12-16-2012, 11:01 PM
So is this the last season or not?

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
12-16-2012, 11:02 PM
Overall, that was a disappointing finale.

Where the fukk do they go from here? :confusedshrug:

So is this the last season or not?

There will be a season 8.

franchise#3
12-16-2012, 11:04 PM
^^Oh cool. Somehow I assumed it was the series finale.

Graviton
12-16-2012, 11:31 PM
Season 8 will be the last and they already said they have the ending planned out.

I think they are both gonna die like Thelma & Louise and leave Harrison to Hannah.

knickballer
12-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Imo, it would have been better if Debra knew the locations of Hannah and told her to murder Le Guerta and as a result she'll get immunity, Deb will stay out of her business, or w/e.. Without Dex knowing it of course.

Or if Hannah took out Le Guerta separately and in rogue fashion, but she doesn't know about Le Guerta though.

I'm just glad Le Guerta is dead.. Can't stand that bitch

Graviton
12-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Imo, it would have been better if Debra knew the locations of Hannah and told her to murder Le Guerta and as a result she'll get immunity, Deb will stay out of her business, or w/e.. Without Dex knowing it of course.

Or if Hannah took out Le Guerta separately and in rogue fashion, but she doesn't know about Le Guerta though.

I'm just glad Le Guerta is dead.. Can't stand that bitch
I will miss DAT ASS though.

knickballer
12-17-2012, 12:45 AM
I will miss DAT ASS though.

You're not talking about Le Guerta... right??

Right?

http://www.bertstare.com/bertstare.jpg

Graviton
12-17-2012, 01:02 AM
You're not talking about Le Guerta... right??

Right?

http://www.bertstare.com/bertstare.jpg
What, she had a nice ass in her pink skirt back in the day.

Thorpesaurous
12-17-2012, 09:05 AM
This sets up a few interesting dynamics.

Deb now knows what it feels like to kill in cold blood. Perhaps it makes her more relatable to Dex. Dex more owes her now than he did even before. She's more tightly linked in with Dex now. Think about it, she did for Dex pretty much the same thing Hannah did in taking out Sam. Granted she had more on the line than Dex with Sam, but it's a similar thing, where now Deb can relate to Hannah to some degree.

My guess is that it winds up with Hannah and Dex taking off somehow and Deb left covering up for them and taking care of Harrison.

It wasn't great. And it feels like next season will bleed too much into this one. But it was alright.

alenleomessi
12-17-2012, 12:26 PM
probably the weakest finale so far

dont really have any expectations for next season, good thing it will be the last... i always wanted the last season to be - the whole miami metro crew is after the ultimate killer of the show - dexter
but that just wont happen

Rameek
12-17-2012, 01:00 PM

I suspect Matthews has some idea about Dex. But like someone said but his motivation was the pension.
I wasnt overly satisfied with the ending. But its quite obvious why Dexter is making so many errors. He has modified the code beyond recognition from the beginning to now. At this point he is just a psychopathic killer without the code (he was one before regardless of the code).

My assumptions in white:

I think Deb gets pushed into the role of Dexter with some kind of new code of her own. Dexter and Hannah try to kill each other for a good portion of the time but reconcile only to meet the inevitable end by Deb according to the code.

How was that for a reach? :roll:

bmulls
12-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Such a great season, and the finale started awesome with the way Dexter set up LaGuerta with the evidence. It had me hooked until the really bad ending. Deb cries for 5 minutes, back to the party, roll credits. Lame.