PDA

View Full Version : Heat hope lies in Pat Riley

CavaliersFTW
06-13-2012, 05:07 PM
It's time for Riley to take control. He has two choices, either he can sit up in the stands and watch his team fall apart, or he can march down the bleachers to confront and backhand Spoelstra in front of millions of disappointed fans to make the necessary statement that the Heat are still in it to win it and that he's now in control. He needs to point Spoelstra's ashamed ass to the locker room. If Riley does this the Heat will feed of his control and leadership and finally become an inspired team.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_kZ8Q6PVWDy8/TIboyXCrPoI/AAAAAAAAAoI/g2ubnmccvdc/s320/pr2.jpg
http://turnernbaallball.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/spoelstra.jpg

Punpun
06-13-2012, 05:09 PM
You watch too much soap opera.

bagelred
06-13-2012, 05:11 PM
You realize Spoelestra led his team to the NBA Finals 2 years in a row right?

PJR
06-13-2012, 05:13 PM

he's a Cleveland fan. what do you expect?

AMISTILLILL
06-13-2012, 05:15 PM
Riley doesn't need to risk the hit to his legacy. He fell short during his tenure with NY, despite reaching the Finals and going 7 games. It was a sour note he was able to bounce back from in 2006 with Miami.

He has nothing else to prove at this point in his career. People need to let the Riley thing go, because the odds of him coming back to coach grow slimmer as each day passes. If anything, he asks Spo to step down without claiming to be fired, similar to Stan Van Gundy, and opts to replace him with one of the many tried-and-tested coaches currently available on the market.

If Spo was fired, it wouldn't be due to his inability to coach a team of this caliber. It would be because the players don't seem to respect him, or at least hold him in the same regard as Lakers teams held a Phil Jackson, or the Celtics hold Doc Rivers, etc.

swi7ch
06-13-2012, 05:20 PM
Nah, dude. Nothing Pat Riley can do to make Wade play like his younger self. He is basically Mo Williams at this point. Just a pure sidekick you can rely on every 100 games instead of every game.

Shepseskaf
06-13-2012, 05:35 PM
Spoelstra hasn't led anything. That's the whole problem.

He has, for the most part, simply ridden his players' talent to two finals. Where are the offensive schemes to get LBJ, Wade, and Bosh easier shots when the game gets tight? Why does it always come down to isos and last-prayer shots? Even non-fans can see that there's very little organization or structure to Miami's offense.

Spo seems to be a very intelligent person, but one who was placed in a role -- by Pat Riley -- that he never deserved to be in. With a veteran coach who actually had the respect of the players, the Heat would already have one championship.

Riley is at fault for creating this situation. He installed a young puppet because he didn't want another powerful presence -- like a PJax -- to challenge him in the organization. That decision will continue to cost him dearly.

CavaliersFTW
08-08-2014, 03:46 PM
Well well well looks like Riley shoulda heeded my advice... Spo clearly couldn't handle brans ego. Spo looks and acts like the kinda person that makes your sandwich at panera, beta. He just couldnt manage the jocks riley tried to bring into town. But dont blame spo, blame Riley. Old man lost his edge.

Mass Debator
08-08-2014, 04:14 PM
Well well well looks like Riley shoulda heeded my advice... Spo clearly couldn't handle brans ego. Spo looks and acts like the kinda person that makes your sandwich at panera, beta. He just couldnt manage the jocks riley tried to bring into town. But dont blame spo, blame Riley. Old man lost his edge.
True lol

OnFire
08-08-2014, 10:00 PM

Riley's left testicle knows more about basketball and building teams than anyone in that hole called Cleveland.

zoom17
08-08-2014, 10:04 PM

Posts like this makes me hate Cavs fans you guys haven't won shit yet you're talking shit why can you be like Meticode or RBA.

FKAri
08-08-2014, 10:07 PM

You sound like a fakkit who lives a life of regret.

OnFire
08-08-2014, 10:11 PM
Posts like this makes me hate Cavs fans you guys haven't won shit yet you're talking shit why can you be like Meticode or RBA.

Seriously... The cavaliers have been around like 20 years longer and have exact same amount of playoff appearances as the heat and 3 less titles.

ILLsmak
08-08-2014, 10:18 PM

Not a fan of Spo in general, but I don't think he's really beta. He has some insanely intense eyes.

-Smak

STATUTORY
08-08-2014, 10:19 PM
pat riley is outdated just like gordon gekko

dude needs to update his wardrobe and haircut along with his persona