PDA

View Full Version : "Justin Jordan reminds me a lot of his uncle Michael,"

eliteballer
06-14-2012, 12:38 PM
The teen is finally hitting the major summer hoops circuit after training with former NBA star Muggsy Bogues.

For his part, Bogues left little doubt that Justin Jordan, who stands 6-foot-2 and 170 pounds and wears number 13, could be a legitimate Division I point guard.

"You're going to think I'm crazy for saying this, and I'm not sure you're ready to hear this, but [Justin Jordan] reminds me a lot of his uncle Michael," Bogues told ScoutsFocus. "The ways he moves, the movement in his long strides, the way he handles the ball and the way he has his uncle's athletic traits. He moves just like his uncle, how he goes between his legs.

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/29TTJ_O4JirE.tDE2cOToQ--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTMxMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptuspreprally/Michael-Jordans-nephew-Justin-Jordan-ScoutsFocusAngela-Jordan.jpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/justin-jordan-michael-jordan-nephew-among-best-under-181755565.html

HylianNightmare
06-14-2012, 12:40 PM
good cause his kids suck

Punpun
06-14-2012, 12:51 PM
>Anything related to MJ
>Good

Hilarious. It's a curse. MJ sucked out ALL talents and luck in his family for generations now. Spent it all in playing Bball.

CavaliersFTW
06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6OE_mqi_2Y

IGOTGAME
06-14-2012, 12:56 PM
he is not very good.

stax
06-14-2012, 01:00 PM
The world really needs more 6'2" combo guards. (Sarcasm.)

I respect Muggsy's opinion though.

chazzy
06-14-2012, 01:04 PM
meh..

IGotACoolStory
06-14-2012, 01:40 PM
Small frame. What's his wingspan and reach?

CelticBaller
06-14-2012, 01:43 PM
those damn jordens

http://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr219/Alexzpics/blacksnakemoan1.gif

Lebron23
01-23-2013, 08:11 PM
Do you think he has a higher chance of making it to the NBA than his 2 older cousins?

Burgz V2
01-23-2013, 08:19 PM
even though the vid above was when he was like 15, hes not that good tbh Muggsy just hyping the boy to get his HS team sponsored lmaoo

Zan Tabak
01-23-2013, 08:27 PM
It's a bit strange with 'Super Stars' offspring, they never really seem achieve greatness like their father. It always seems like the mid-tier players kids excel.

The only super-star kid/father combo I can think of is Brett Hull and Bobby Hull from hockey.

LikeABosh
01-23-2013, 08:31 PM
Any will be better than his sons

el gringos
01-23-2013, 08:50 PM
Wilt chamberlain had sex w what- over 10,000 women and not a single nba player born? It's not an exact science

outbreak
01-23-2013, 09:53 PM
It's a bit strange with 'Super Stars' offspring, they never really seem achieve greatness like their father. It always seems like the mid-tier players kids excel.

The only super-star kid/father combo I can think of is Brett Hull and Bobby Hull from hockey.

Dell Curry and Steph Curry are an example of a son being better then a superstar. Can't think of any superstar fathers with superstar kids though

Clifton
01-23-2013, 10:12 PM
Marginal talent. I know several guys who are better who didn't end up playing college ball.

TheAnchorman
01-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Dell Curry and Steph Curry are an example of a son being better then a superstar. Can't think of any superstar fathers with superstar kids though
superstar? The biggest award he's gotten was 6th man of the year, he wasn't an all-star at all during his career. Good player yes, superstar no.

Lebron23
01-29-2016, 02:57 AM
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/3147485/justin-jordan

He's averaging 2 ppg this season.

SpaceJam
01-29-2016, 03:09 AM
No one else finds it funny that he is being trained by Muggsy?

Jordan backed off of him and told him: “shoot it you f—ing midget.” Muggsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Muggsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered.

DonDadda59
01-29-2016, 03:11 AM

Jordan mentally destroyed that midget so thoroughly that he has him baby-sitting his nephew decades later.

GOAT gonna GOAT. :bowdown:

warriorfan
01-29-2016, 03:14 AM
He reminds me a lot like Michael except for the fact that he is 4 inches shorter and has a foot less on his vertical

:yaohappy:

SuperPippen
01-29-2016, 04:18 AM
This thread is like 3 and half years old. I'm guessing the kid didn't pan out.

NBASTATMAN
01-29-2016, 08:57 AM
Jordan mentally destroyed that midget so thoroughly that he has him baby-sitting his nephew decades later.

GOAT gonna GOAT. :bowdown:

:cheers: :roll: :applause: :bowdown:

Lebron23
01-29-2016, 09:03 AM
This thread is like 3 and half years old. I'm guessing the kid didn't pan out.

He sucks, and a bench player.

Dragonyeuw
01-29-2016, 09:05 AM

Dell Curry wasn't a superstar, or even a star. He was one of the league's best shooters, but Steph is in an entirely different stratosphere even as a shooter.

G-Funk
01-29-2016, 11:50 PM

G-Funk
01-30-2016, 12:00 AM
[GIF]https://vine.co/v/i5qHQ52PqUg/embed[\GIF]

Goofsta Knicca
01-30-2016, 12:02 AM

Dat's what I thought. He just tryin to jinx da kid for MJ callin him a fukkin midget.

FKAri
01-30-2016, 12:10 AM
[GIF]https://vine.co/v/i5qHQ52PqUg/embed[\GIF]

Quoting this before it's edited.

Rake2204
01-30-2016, 02:07 AM

Jordan backed off of him and told him: “shoot it you f—ing midget.” Muggsy shot it, didn’t come close. A year later Muggsy actually told Johnny Bach that he believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered.I've said it before but... of all the ruthless Michael Jordan myth stories, this one never made a lot of sense to me.

For starters, Muggsy Bogues grew up on the streets of Baltimore. I would put a significant amount of money on the notion that he was probably called a midget with startling regularity from his competition on the streets, in high school, college, and the NBA. It's the easiest and laziest insult to make in his direction. If I had to guess, he was probably over any and all short jokes by the time he was dominating folks at Dunbar. If nothing else, I imagine he used them as a form of motivation.

On top of that, taking into account that Jordan's supposed line took place during the 1995 playoffs, it's worth noting that, after Bogues blew his knee out and missed all but six games the following year, he returned to the hardwood and shot a career-best 41.7 percent from the arc in 1997 (and led the league in assist-to-turnover ratio).

I know, off topic and nothing about the above really matters. It's just my weird thing I point out every time I see that story pop up.

dubeta
01-30-2016, 02:11 AM
Poor guy, grew up without his grandpa :(

R.I.P James R. Jordan Sr.

Kobe_6/8
01-30-2016, 02:51 AM
I've said it before but... of all the ruthless Michael Jordan myth stories, this one never made a lot of sense to me.

For starters, Muggsy Bogues grew up on the streets of Baltimore. I would put a significant amount of money on the notion that he was probably called a midget with startling regularity from his competition on the streets, in high school, college, and the NBA. It's the easiest and laziest insult to make in his direction. If I had to guess, he was probably over any and all short jokes by the time he was dominating folks at Dunbar. If nothing else, I imagine he used them as a form of motivation.

On top of that, taking into account that Jordan's supposed line took place during the 1995 playoffs, it's worth noting that, after Bogues blew his knee out and missed all but six games the following year, he returned to the hardwood and shot a career-best 41.7 percent from the arc in 1997 (and led the league in assist-to-turnover ratio).

I know, off topic and nothing about the above really matters. It's just my weird thing I point out every time I see that story pop up.

If MJ had 'pretended' to be Muggsy's good friend up until the mythical line, it would devastate him. MJ did the same thing to Barkley in the Finals.

If he shot better, doesn't it prove he took Jordan's line to heart? :confusedshrug:

coin24
01-30-2016, 02:56 AM
Wilt chamberlain had sex w what- over 10,000 women and not a single nba player born? It's not an exact science

I don't think babies come from mens anuses:confusedshrug:

Done_And_Done
01-30-2016, 02:58 AM
Dell Curry wasn't a superstar, or even a star. He was one of the league's best shooters, but Steph is in an entirely different stratosphere even as a shooter.

I'm pretty certain that was a typo and Break meant to say better than his father.

Rake2204
01-30-2016, 03:14 AM
If MJ had 'pretended' to be Muggsy's good friend up until the mythical line, it would devastate him. MJ did the same thing to Barkley in the Finals.

If he shot better, doesn't it prove he took Jordan's line to heart? :confusedshrug:Haha, in that case, there's no winning. If people went on believing Bogues' shot was terrible for the rest of his career they'd say, "Oh man, MJ broke his heart so much he couldn't shoot anymore". Yet, even when it's illustrated his shot was still very much in tact, it's just twisted into "Oh man, MJ broke his heart so much he started shooting better."

Either way, it's worth noting Bogues' three-point percentage jumped in part due to an increase in attempts per game (allowing himself to find a groove by attempting two a night as opposed to one every 2.5 games) and also because he was working with the closer line in '97.

Regardless of why his numbers went up, it should at least illustrate the line "Bach believes that single play ruined his career. His shot never recovered" holds virtually no truth.

And for what it's worth, I'd venture to say Muggsy's closest basketball friends probably poked fun at his height throughout his career just as well. It's not like MJ would have been revealing a secret to him at that time, as if Muggsy didn't know that he was short and thus vulnerable to insult until Jordan said something.

Lastly, if you were just joking about your comment anyway, it went right over my head. It's late and I'm not always great at picking up on sarcasm.

Lebron23
01-30-2016, 03:19 AM
LeBron James Jr have more talent and skills than Jordan's entire relatives.

coin24
01-30-2016, 03:22 AM

That kids lucky to have a dork knight like you watching over him, actually he's probably already taller than you:oldlol:

Lebron23
01-30-2016, 03:24 AM
That kids lucky to have a dork knight like you watching over him, actually he's probably already taller than you:oldlol:

Said by the guy who's not even 5'7". That's why you are afraid to posts your pictires you are a beta manlet.

coin24
01-30-2016, 03:26 AM
Said by the guy who's not even 5'7". That's why you are afraid to posts your pictires you are a beta manlet.

I think your tiny pinoy brain has me confused with someone else:lol

Would you like some pics of me to fap over?

buddha
01-30-2016, 03:29 AM
>Anything related to MJ
>Good

Hilarious. It's a curse. MJ sucked out ALL talents and luck in his family for generations now. Spent it all in playing Bball.

you say that like it didn't earn MJ a billion dollars and set his future generations up for the next couple hundred years.

Lebron23
01-30-2016, 03:32 AM
I think your tiny pinoy brain has me confused with someone else:lol

Would you like some pics of me to fap over?

Guys like you love to lie on the internet. Why would I fap to your pic? I am better looking than you. I rather fap to myself in front of the mirror.

Lebron23
01-30-2016, 03:37 AM
you say that like it didn't earn MJ a billion dollars and set his future generations up for the next couple hundred years.

it's true, But they aren't even half as good as Mike. It must have hurt their egos.

buddha
01-30-2016, 03:37 AM

it's gonna be funny when he grows up to be an alpha and dominate the league and bump LeBron James out of the top 10.

it's true, But they aren't even half as good as Mike.

like 30 people in the world are.

PsychoBe
01-30-2016, 06:27 AM
Guys like you love to lie on the internet. Why would I fap to your pic? I am better looking than you. I rather fap to myself in front of the mirror.

so if he was a good looking guy then you'd do it? :biggums:

Combat Wombat
01-30-2016, 06:40 AM
He sucks, and a bench player.

Surprised you're not a fan seeing as you'd know a thing or two about that, Louie.