PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats want James Harden with #2 pick

OKCThunderUP
06-14-2012, 01:45 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19352135/charlotte-looking-to-deal-no-2-pick

The Charlotte Bobcats are eyeing the possibility of dealing the No. 2 overall pick in a trade that would bring a more established player, multiple sources told CBSSports.com.

Rod Higgins and Rich Cho understand that the Bobcats need more than just a talented rookie, whether it be Bradley Beal, Michael Kidd-Gilchrist, Harrison Barnes, Thomas Robinson or even Andre Drummond -- to make the Bobcats competitive from their laughingstock of a season.

One source said that Oklahoma City's James Harden could be in play due to the Thunder's salary situation following next season. GM Sam Presti already has Kevin Durant and Russell Westbrook on the books for more than $29 million next season -- and both Harden and Serge Ibaka will command huge contracts after the 2012-13 campaign.

Charlotte was an NBA-worst 7-59 this past season and there is no clear-cut second overall pick behind Anthony Davis, who will be taken by New Orleans with the No. 1 selection on June 28.

Beal and Barnes can both help Charlotte on the offensive end while Kidd-Gilchrist and Robinson would bring a toughness, especially on the defensive end. Drummond is a high-risk choice despite his physical tools.

None of these players is considered a franchise-changer -- and that's why the Bobcats would prefer to deal the pick and land an established player such as Harden who could come in immediately and make an impact.

Tags: Charlotte Bobcats, Oklahoma City Thunder, NBA

CelticBaller
06-14-2012, 01:46 PM
:facepalm

qrich
06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
If the Thunder don't think they should give Harden the max, that'd be a pretty good deal to make.

But of course, all signs are indicating that the Thunder will keep Harden at all costs so its moot.

Fudge
06-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Hell to the ****ing no. I like Beal and MKG too.

SAKOTXA
06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
I would do it in a heartbeat if i was OKC. They get to keep Ibaka and not worry about losing Harden for nothing.

Haymaker
06-14-2012, 01:49 PM
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

rule1223
06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
LOL what do u expect from the bobcats

DuMa
06-14-2012, 01:51 PM
dat MJ GM

StateOfMind12
06-14-2012, 01:52 PM
If I was the Thunder, I would make the deal and then have Harden re-sign with the Thunder when his contract is up.

Epic troll move.

GOBB
06-14-2012, 01:52 PM
Damn Charlotte doesnt want Iguodala? :oldlol:

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/000/554/facepalm.jpg

Guess this is the part where everyone reads your mind and understands what it is you're actually facepalming. Sorry, I'm no mind reader. Carry on.

arifgokcen
06-14-2012, 01:53 PM
If the Thunder don't think they should give Harden the max, that'd be a pretty good deal to make.

But of course, all signs are indicating that the Thunder will keep Harden at all costs so its moot.
They can give away all the signs.There is just no way they can keep both harden and ibaka.I would very much like OKC to keep both however its not plausible their payroll in 2014-2015 season would exceed 90 million with both signed to max or near max deals.Even you can see it on OKC forums they are discussing whether they should keep harden or ibaka.

Bigsmoke
06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
James Harden would be their all time best player :lol

arifgokcen
06-14-2012, 01:55 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

glidedrxlr22
06-14-2012, 01:57 PM
There is no way Harden should get a max deal. He should command $10 million plus, but no max deal. Unless Ibaka becomes KG2, then he too should not get near a max deal.

SilkkTheShocker
06-14-2012, 01:58 PM
MKG is extremely overrated

SpecialQue
06-14-2012, 01:59 PM
The idea of Harden as the leader of the Bobcats brings a smile to my bitter old face.

MeLO MvP 15
06-14-2012, 02:00 PM
I hope everyone realizes that as great as Harden is on OKC... he'd probably be average on the Bobcats. And for the MAX? We're looking at another Joe Johnson.

And that's coming from somebody who is pretty high on Harden. He won't have the same effect as the #1 option.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, IMO James Harden would be the PERFECT 2nd option to a scoring big man. I know there aren't many scoring big men anymore, but if you could put him as the #2 next to Dwight, Bynum, or to a much less extent Al Jefferson... he'd flourish (and so would the big).

Reverend Hoops
06-14-2012, 02:01 PM
If OKC wins the title, Ibaka and Harden both want max deals.

Owl
06-14-2012, 02:02 PM
Thunder wouldn't do it because:
1) You don't change an elite (title winning?) young core
2)
None of these players is considered a franchise-changer
3) There aren't many good young shooting guards. Harden is the best by a mile. Eric Gordon would be close but for injury concerns (and being shorter than ideal).
4) James Harden is better than you think.
5) The contract thing is a red herring. If the rookie turns out to be any good, they will need a huge contract as well.

SpecialQue
06-14-2012, 02:03 PM

Pretty much. Every team would kill to have one of these guys on their team.

Clutch
06-14-2012, 02:05 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Owl
06-14-2012, 02:07 PM

Pretty much. Every team would kill to have one of these guys on their team.
No sane team will give Ibaka the max.

glidedrxlr22
06-14-2012, 02:07 PM

They may want them, but I seriously doubt either will get one. They haven't even made an allstar team yet. Max deals are reserved for your top one or two dogs...this is obvious to anyone.

midatlantic09
06-14-2012, 02:12 PM
MKG is extremely overrated

I agree. I've never thought highly of him and don't think he'll turn out to be anything more than a 3rd/4th option on a very good NBA team or a 2nd option on a very bad team (like the Bobcats). That's not the kind of player you take with the 2nd pick in the draft or even the 5th pick.

I don't even think he's better than Terrance Ross or Dion Waiters, but of course, he played for UK so his draft prospects get bumped up drastically. I have a feeling that if MKG played for St. Johns or Rutgers instead of UK, he wouldn't even be considered a top 10 prospect.

knickballer
06-14-2012, 02:15 PM
I wouldn't do it if I was OKC. Why would you break up a potential dynasty and superb trio before they even enter their prime? The only way I see this being somewhat beneficial for OKC is if they want to get themselves a low post scorer or maybe take on a player like Henderson who could fill in Harden's role.

SilkkTheShocker
06-14-2012, 02:16 PM
I agree. I've never thought highly of him and don't think he'll turn out to be anything more than a 3rd/4th option on a decent NBA team or a 2nd option on a very bad team (like the Bobcats). That's not the kind of player you take with the 2nd pick in the draft or even the 5th pick.

I don't even think he's better than Terrance Ross or Dion Waiters, but of course, he played for UK so his draft prospects get bumped up drastically.

Agreed. Im just not seeing the hype with this guy. At best he can be Gerald Wallace, but im not seeing anything more than that. I don't think Charlotte can sell drafting a hustle player with a speech problem with the 2nd pick in the draft.

roffie
06-14-2012, 02:17 PM
this would be a great option.. if thunder goes for ibaka instead.

hawkfan
06-14-2012, 02:17 PM

Exactly. No way. Harden is staying in OKC with a max deal.

Da Hammer
06-14-2012, 02:24 PM
Exactly. No way. Harden is staying in OKC with a max deal.
OKC would be idiotic if they give Harden a max deal.

bigwebb5000
06-14-2012, 02:24 PM
If they don't plan on giving Harden a max deal then you make this trade and take Beal. To those thinking a team won't give Harden the max, Eric Gordon will soon be a max player after playing 9 games last season. Rudy Gay is another that comes to mind that received the max and hasn't made an all star game. Some team will overpay him to be the face of their franchise.

As for Ibaka, I don't think he will get the max but DeAndre Jordan just got a 43 mil deal, so you know Ibaka will be looking for more than that.

All Net
06-14-2012, 02:37 PM
Nothing major most teams want harden.

chips93
06-14-2012, 02:40 PM
I wouldn't do it if I was OKC. Why would you break up a potential dynasty and superb trio before they even enter their prime? The only way I see this being somewhat beneficial for OKC is if they want to get themselves a low post scorer or maybe take on a player like Henderson who could fill in Harden's role.

the thinking from their point of view, is that they may not be able to afford harden, and will lose him for nothing in a year or two anyway

Clippersfan86
06-14-2012, 02:45 PM
Not sure what the fuss is :confusedshrug: . I actually think it's a great opportunity. Thunder can avoid SERIOUS cap penalties and get a possible start wing player. Harden will be a perennial all star and right next to Eric Gordon will have the SG spot on lock for years but it's a win win for both teams IMO.

OKC can avoid cap penalties and get 5 years of a cheap rookie deal AND have a great shot at getting an all star or at worse good starter in this draft. Bobcats add an experienced player, rather than waiting on somebody to develop. Harden would average 25+ ppg on the Bobcats and if they matched his restricted offer sheet and worked hard to build around him they could get nice in 2 years.

hawkfan
06-14-2012, 02:47 PM
Not sure what the fuss is :confusedshrug: . I actually think it's a great opportunity. Thunder can avoid SERIOUS cap penalties and get a possible start wing player. Harden will be a perennial all star and right next to Eric Gordon will have the SG spot on lock for years but it's a win win for both teams IMO.

OKC can avoid cap penalties and get 5 years of a cheap rookie deal AND have a great shot at getting an all star or at worse good starter in this draft. Bobcats add an experienced player, rather than waiting on somebody to develop. Harden would average 25+ ppg on the Bobcats and if they matched his restricted offer sheet and worked hard to build around him they could get nice in 2 years.

Thunder have Robinson and Mohammed coming off the books, which is 9.25 million, then they can get rid of Aldrich and Cook, which is another 6 million. That's more than enough to avoid tax penalties to keep Harden.

Ibaka and Sefolosha are going to be trickier, but if the owner thinks they have a chance to win multiple championship, then financially he will get his money back.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2012, 03:02 PM
Thunder have Robinson and Mohammed coming off the books, which is 9.25 million, then they can get rid of Aldrich and Cook, which is another 6 million. That's more than enough to avoid tax penalties to keep Harden.

Ibaka and Sefolosha are going to be trickier, but if the owner thinks they have a chance to win multiple championship, then financially he will get his money back.

Harden is being valued league wide as a max or near max player (he's worth it for sure). Do the math. KD makes 17.5 mill next year. Westbrook makes 17 mill. Ibaka will probably get 11-12 mill a year (Chandler got 15, DJ got 11 and McGee will probably get 11). Then you factor in Harden who will get 13 or 14 mill a year. That's around 62 million (over cap by few mill) and that's just from the "big 4". That's cap level in the first year of back-loaded contracts. By year 3 they can easily find themselves 20 mill over cap.

I see the value in both sides of this deal.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-14-2012, 03:06 PM
I think OKC mgmt will have to play it like:
Hey James, we can either re-sign your for about $10m per, or we can trade you to Charlotte. Which do you prefer?

Clippersfan86
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
Hey James, we can either re-sign your for about $10m per, or we can trade you to Charlotte. Which do you prefer?

:oldlol:

d.bball.guy
06-14-2012, 03:09 PM
:facepalm Bobcats

Snoop_Cat
06-14-2012, 03:12 PM

HAH

IGotACoolStory
If they did trade Harden for 2, I wonder who they would draft.

-Beal would fit Harden's role the best.
-MKG would be like Thabo and can he even play SG in the NBA? The bigger problem is that he's not much of a scorer at all.
-Robinson, imo, would be great and probably the best pick for the Thunder, but Ibaka isn't a center.
-Barnes would replace the Harden role as well (pure scorer off the bench), but he's a SF. Would create a fascinating lineup with Durant at the 2 if you did that. That would be insanely tall.
-The interesting one is Drummond. He would be a project and you are replacing your third best scorer (a team with not many scorers) with, frankly, a dunker. However, imagine if you could develop Drummond? Westbrook, Durant, and an established Drummond :bowdown: Of course he's the most likely to be a bust of these options.

lakerfreak
Harden and Ibaka dont deserve max contracts. They aren't superstars.

If the OKC are unable to offer this money to Harden, then that would be an extremely sweet deal to them to get the number 2 pick.

I dont know on the other hand why Charlotte is initiating this. This is said to be a very deep draft. The number 2 pick can turn into a superstar player. Is James Harden a superstar player? I dont think so.

Clippersfan86
06-14-2012, 03:15 PM
If they did trade Harden for 2, I wonder who they would draft.

-Beal would fit Harden's role the best.
-MKG would be like Thabo and can he even play SG in the NBA?
-Robinson, imo, would be great and probably the best pick for the Thunder, but Ibaka isn't a center.
-Barnes would replace the Harden role as well (pure scorer off the bench), but he's a SF. Would create a fascinating lineup with Durant at the 2 if you did that. That would be insanely tall.
-The interesting one is Drummond. He would be a project and you are replacing your third best scorer (a team with not many scorers) with, frankly, a dunker. However, imagine if you could develop Drummond? Westbrook, Durant, and an established Drummond :bowdown: Of course he's the most likely to be a bust of these options.

As you said MKG is a higher upside, younger Sefalosha mold player who can score more from what I've seen. Beal has been compared to Harden/Gordon so obviously that's again not bad. Then like you said Robinson would be great but they have Ibaka. I'd honestly amnesty Perkins and take Robinson, moving Ibaka to center. Ibaka has a monster reach and wingspan and can easily guard centers.

BTW when factoring cap I forgot they have Perkins who will make 8 mill next year. So basically they are actually about 10-12 mill over cap JUST WITH STARTING 5 if they keep Perkins and re-sign Harden+Ibaka and that doesn't include gaps they will have to fill.

Droid101
06-14-2012, 03:17 PM
I just heard James Harden's agent swig an entire bottle of whiskey.

Quizno
06-14-2012, 03:31 PM
as a bobcats fan i honestly think this would be great for both teams. james harden has the chance to become the focal point of an offense and okc gets some money off the books and a lot of potential talent. i think thomas robinson would be great for the thunder

dunksby
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
OKC FO already knows if Harden wants to stay or not and how much he is asking for, so I'm not worried about his re-signing at all as I trust Sam Presti.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-14-2012, 03:38 PM
I just heard James Harden's agent swig an entire bottle of whiskey.
:roll:

Da Doc04
06-14-2012, 03:48 PM

:oldlol:

Foster5k
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Not happening. James Harden is Westbrook insurance. The way Westbrook plays sooner or later he is going to get injured.(Hate to say it.)

James Harden will remain a Thunder for the foreseeable future.

JustinJDW
06-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Can't believe James Harden and max contract is getting mentioned in the same sentence. So overrated.

Any high-energy shooting guard that plays with two of the top five scorers in the world in a high-paced fastbreak free flowing system is going to look pretty good. In fact, he better be. Max contract #1 Option player? Get the **** out of here.

Iman Shumpert would look just as good if he was in Harden's place. He's just as good.

This isn't a knock on James Harden though. I love his game because he reminds me of Manu Ginobili. His fake black hipster tough guy act is annoying, but he got game. He's in a dream situation for a young guard coming out of college.

But max contract? Sorry, just no. He shouldn't get more than 15 mil a year, but watch some G.M overpay him big time.

fatboy11
06-14-2012, 04:31 PM
I like how there are people posting in this thread saying, "Harden and Ibaka aren't max contract players"

So what?

When has that ever stopped a team from overpaying a guy?

DeAndre Jordan makes 11 million dollars a year. What do you think Ibaka will command? At least 11 million and probably closer to 13 million. Think their aren't teams other than the Thunder willing to pony up? Think again. Big men are always overpaid.

As someone already said, Eric Gordon is about to get a max-type contract. He hasn't accomplished nearly as much as Harden and hasn't played a single playoff game yet. Why is he getting so much money? Because bad teams need good players. This is why Harden could very well get a max contract from someone.

If you're the Thunder, you do this deal. If you're the Thunder and win it all this year, you do it in a heartbeat. Sure, if you take Brad Beal (for example) and he turns into an All-Star level player, he'll need a big contract, too. But that at least buys you 4 years. They're only going to be able to keep, at most, one of Harden and Ibaka. I just don't see a better opportunity to stay economical and still get fair value back for one of these guys.

Derka
06-14-2012, 04:34 PM
Harden with a max deal is laughable. I'm sure some team out there would pay it...but not a GM with a clue to how teams are actually built. James Harden certainly isn't enough to put butts in arena seats on his own.

Jason Terry money sounds about right...he should finish the last year of the deal he signs after his rookie deal between $9 and $11 million or so.

A chance for that number 2 pick, though? I trade Harden in a millisecond.

liquidrage
06-14-2012, 04:39 PM
Lettuce talk reality

Harden will get a good but not max deal. He will resign with OKC. Ibaka will resign with OKC for a good but less than Harden deal.

OKC will win titles together. OKC will be willing to pay some luxury tax if they're winning titles together. They'll keep them together and surround them with young players making crap and vets willing to take less for title runs.

Zero chance he's traded for the #2 pick.

And the difference between them and Miami is OKC has 4 key pieces, not 3. They're younger by several years. They've grown up playing together, not got thrown in together. And even on paper their pieces mesh better. Best scorer in the game. Most aggressive guard (or top 3 easily) in the game. The calm outside shooting play making 2/3. The 4/5 shot blocking. And all athletic freaks.

scm5
06-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Just playing around with a trade idea...

OKC sends Maynor, Harden, Ibaka, and Perkins to Orlando for Dwight, Ryan Anderson, and JJ Redick

OKC then becomes an unstoppable powerhouse:

Westbrook
JJ/Thabo
Durant
Anderson
Dwight

The amount of shooters on that team makes my head hurt

Orlando still stays mildly respectable...

Maynor
Harden
Hedo
Ibaka
Perkins

ZenMaster
06-14-2012, 04:46 PM
Lettuce talk reality

Harden will get a good but not max deal. He will resign with OKC. Ibaka will resign with OKC for a good but less than Harden deal.

OKC will win titles together. OKC will be willing to pay some luxury tax if they're winning titles together. They'll keep them together and surround them with young players making crap and vets willing to take less for title runs.

Zero chance he's traded for the #2 pick.

And the difference between them and Miami is OKC has 4 key pieces, not 3. They're younger by several years. They've grown up playing together, not got thrown in together. And even on paper their pieces mesh better. Best scorer in the game. Most aggressive guard (or top 3 easily) in the game. The calm outside shooting play making 2/3. The 4/5 shot blocking. And all athletic freaks.

Just keep in mind this is only YOUR reality.

Lebron23
06-15-2012, 01:18 AM
I will do that trade in a heart beat. Thunder will draft a good offensive Center while the Cats will now have a legit 1st scoring option.

WillyJakk
06-15-2012, 01:25 AM
Sorry but Harden ain't nowhere near worth that #2 Pick, on top of that they'd then have to PAY him shortly afterwards.

Nah ah, I'd keep the pick or go a different direction than trading it for Ugly Beard.

El Kabong
06-15-2012, 05:58 AM
If I was the Bobcats i'd maybe try and package someone like Diop in the trade and get back guys with a bit of potential like Maynor and Aldrich.

Trentknicks
06-15-2012, 06:11 AM
Harden is a 9-12m/yr player and any GM who thinks Harden as a first option is kidding themselves. He would be a brilliant second option and I think he is a 20-25ppg player on a team where he gets alot of looks.

El Kabong
06-15-2012, 06:20 AM
dat MJ GM
MJ is only the "decider" now. He's not actually making the deals, just signs off on them. Rich Cho is the GM.

[QUOTE]Rich Cho is copying the team-building ideology of the Thunder.

Qwyjibo
06-15-2012, 09:43 AM
Harden is a 9-12m/yr player and any GM who thinks Harden as a first option is kidding themselves. He would be a brilliant second option and I think he is a 20-25ppg player on a team where he gets alot of looks.
And that is worth only $9-12 million per year? Do you even have the faintest idea on how the free agent market works?

Some people here have no clue. It doesn't matter what you think Harden is worth relative to superstars like Lebron or Durant. The market will dictate his price and that will almost certainly be a max contract. If he reaches restricted free agency he will be offered max contract offer sheets from multiple teams.

This will be a 24-25 year old great shooting, aggressive scoring guard who can create offense for himself and teammates and play some solid defense. He will likely be the best player available in the year (if) he reaches free agency.

As for this deal? In terms of value alone it would be robbery. Charlotte could only hope to draft someone as good as Harden if they keep the pick. The only reason OKC should even consider it is if they 100% know they can't pay to keep Harden.

50inchvertical
06-15-2012, 11:50 PM
:oldlol: Who in this draft is going to be as good as Harden is now? And Harden is only 22 so he's not even old compared to them. And he is already playoff tested, been in a finals, hit big shots in the playoffs, borderline all star who is literally among the most efficient at his position ever; averaged 17ppg on 10 shots during the regular season. He is veteran clever (i.e he knows how to draw fouls), understands pace, can create for himself and shoots high %s all around 49/39/85 and really has no weakness other than commitment to defense at times.

He will get max offers. And when we say max, not like Joe Johnson 6yr 120 million.

But if Marcus Thornton and Aaron Afflalo's 1 dimensional selves can get 5yrs 43mil, and Gordon (who is a good comparison although Harden is a bigger, more efficient, willing to pass version) is on a 5yr 55 million contract, no way Harden isn't getting offers for 5yrs 70.

I don't know why Charlotte is the one though. I figured it would make more sense for a team who is like 1 move away from jumping into being a playoff team (like a Minnesota or even Utah) or a team who is 1 step from jumping from in the playoffs to contender.

With Charlotte, it will take them more than 5 yrs to get every one else around him set and by then, it'll be time for him to get another deal. Because adding him to Kemba, Augustin, Byimbo, etc. might increase their wins by even 10 is ambitious, and that makes them still not in the postseason

wally_world
06-16-2012, 12:27 AM
I wouldnt even trade Harden for the #1

50inchvertical
06-16-2012, 12:39 AM
Me neither. I'm not as sold on Anthony Davis as everyone else. And further speaking to my efficiency point, 21 pts on 11 shots last night in game 2.

miles berg
06-16-2012, 12:40 AM
Great trade for Charlotte, could be good for Thunder. Draft Drummond, sign Ibaka, amnesty Perkins, sign Mayo to replace Harden at half the cost.

Mr Exlax
06-16-2012, 10:28 AM
:oldlol: Who in this draft is going to be as good as Harden is now? And Harden is only 22 so he's not even old compared to them. And he is already playoff tested, been in a finals, hit big shots in the playoffs, borderline all star who is literally among the most efficient at his position ever; averaged 17ppg on 10 shots during the regular season. He is veteran clever (i.e he knows how to draw fouls), understands pace, can create for himself and shoots high %s all around 49/39/85 and really has no weakness other than commitment to defense at times.

He will get max offers. And when we say max, not like Joe Johnson 6yr 120 million.

But if Marcus Thornton and Aaron Afflalo's 1 dimensional selves can get 5yrs 43mil, and Gordon (who is a good comparison although Harden is a bigger, more efficient, willing to pass version) is on a 5yr 55 million contract, no way Harden isn't getting offers for 5yrs 70.

I don't know why Charlotte is the one though. I figured it would make more sense for a team who is like 1 move away from jumping into being a playoff team (like a Minnesota or even Utah) or a team who is 1 step from jumping from in the playoffs to contender.

With Charlotte, it will take them more than 5 yrs to get every one else around him set and by then, it'll be time for him to get another deal. Because adding him to Kemba, Augustin, Byimbo, etc. might increase their wins by even 10 is ambitious, and that makes them still not in the postseason

This

Nash
06-16-2012, 10:58 AM
Are ya'll serious? Of course OKC should do this. When they offer Ibaka and Harden their big contracts they will be so limited in what they can do. Therefor, picking someone with a rookie contract ables them to continue without becoming the new Miami Heat where your bench stinks.

Take Drummond, MKG, Barnes or Robinson, just don't lock yourself in with the contracts of Ibaka and Harden.

Meticode
06-16-2012, 11:04 AM
I will do that trade in a heart beat. Thunder will draft a good offensive Center while the Cats will now have a legit 1st scoring option.
Who is this "offensive" center you speak of? I hope it's not Drummond because his main weakness is his office, he's so raw no one knows how he's going to develop.

50inchvertical
06-16-2012, 12:29 PM
We got Tibor Pleiss from a past draft supposed to be coming over next yr anyways. **** this draft. What we gonna do, draft Jared Sullinger's fat ass. He's going to eat himself out of the league, especially if he was here. Son would live in the steakhouses in Bricktown, calling in his order ahead of time then picking it up on his way to the arena every gameday and shit or be like Nate was and stay up in Sonic (which is a weird obsession because I thought they have those everywhere).

Kiddlovesnets
06-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Well there is a team called Charlotte Bobcats, and an owner called Michael Jordan.
:lol

GOBB
06-16-2012, 02:16 PM
:oldlol: Who in this draft is going to be as good as Harden is now?

Who in this draft is going to be as good as Iguodala now? Therefore no one would trade any lottery pick including #1 for him given your logic. The point in this trade isnt to find a player that is as good as Harden now. Its to replace Harden with a talented player with upside/potential if you dont want to max out James Harden. 3 years ago when Harden was drafted you werent saying any of this about Harden. So how is it impossible given this draft is considered deep, rich in talent that in 3yrs there is no one in this draft that will be be as good as Harden is right now? You dont know. I dont know. Yet there are players like Brad Beal who is considered someone who could be as productive.

You dont want to make the trade? Understandable. but dont go laughing at this draft class.

50inchvertical
06-16-2012, 02:44 PM
Who in this draft is going to be as good as Iguodala now? Therefore no one would trade any lottery pick including #1 for him given your logic. The point in this trade isnt to find a player that is as good as Harden now. Its to replace Harden with a talented player with upside/potential if you dont want to max out James Harden. 3 years ago when Harden was drafted you werent saying any of this about Harden. So how is it impossible given this draft is considered deep, rich in talent that in 3yrs there is no one in this draft that will be be as good as Harden is right now? You dont know. I dont know. Yet there are players like Brad Beal who is considered someone who could be as productive.

You dont want to make the trade? Understandable. but dont go laughing at this draft class.
I was responding to the people who were saying the Bobcats are getting ripped and they wouldn't make this trade.

I know why OKC would consider this trade. It's a huge talking point around here, even in the midst of the finals excitement.

GOBB
06-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I was responding to the people who were saying the Bobcats are getting ripped and they wouldn't make this trade.

I know why OKC would consider this trade. It's a huge talking point around here, even in the midst of the finals excitement.

Gotcha, my mistake. And I agree.

RoseCity07
06-16-2012, 03:06 PM
Can the Bobcasts ever stop f*cking up. They are about to give OKC another solid piece on a rookie contract for Harden. lol.

RedBlackAttack
06-16-2012, 04:14 PM
We got Tibor Pleiss from a past draft supposed to be coming over next yr anyways. **** this draft. What we gonna do, draft Jared Sullinger's fat ass. He's going to eat himself out of the league, especially if he was here. Son would live in the steakhouses in Bricktown, calling in his order ahead of time then picking it up on his way to the arena every gameday and shit or be like Nate was and stay up in Sonic (which is a weird obsession because I thought they have those everywhere).
At No. 2? Why would Sullinger even be a discussion? He isn't going in the Top 10, more than likely.

You are talking Robinson, MKG, Beal, Drummond, Barnes.... Potentially very nice players, imo.

GOBB
06-16-2012, 04:21 PM
Can the Bobcasts ever stop f*cking up. They are about to give OKC another solid piece on a rookie contract for Harden. lol.

How would giving up Harden who was a #3 pick and the leagues top 6th man be considered f*cking up? You do know who James Harden is dont you? He's a gamer.

50inchvertical
06-16-2012, 04:23 PM
At No. 2? Why would Sullinger even be a discussion? He isn't going in the Top 10, more than likely.

You are talking Robinson, MKG, Beal, Drummond, Barnes.... Potentially very nice players, imo.
Engh, I like James. Bennett can give us 2 or 3 yrs in the luxury tax, he's a billionaire. Plus James is a huge part of his brand and earning potential can increase when you win a championship.

RedBlackAttack
06-16-2012, 04:36 PM
Engh, I like James. Bennett can give us 2 or 3 yrs in the luxury tax, he's a billionaire. Plus James is a huge part of his brand and earning potential can increase when you win a championship.
Harden is awesome. You hold onto him if you can. This isn't a bad offer, though, if the organization thinks that there are potential problems on the horizon.

ElPigto
06-16-2012, 08:17 PM
It might not be very wise for the franchise to handicap itself from being a potential player in the future for other free agents. I don't know if Clay Bennett is willing to pay luxury tax, but the implications are not pretty in this new CBA so he would take a huge hit if he had Harden and Ibaka on huge contracts additionally to Durant and Westbrook. Their best bet is to get creative and find similar pieces that might provide similar output.

Between Ibaka and Harden, you need to take Ibaka. Even though Harden plays an insanely valuable role in this team, they might be able and find another player that could possible do the same. Maybe what they can do is trade Harden for the #2, pick a player that has plenty of potential and could help and sign Jamal Crawford for the meantime to bring some punch to the bench.

It's a risk, but I doubt the franchise will be able to afford all Ibaka and Harden and take the financial hit with the luxury tax. The new luxury tax is not friendly, therefore they need to be creative!

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I would guess that OKC will first try to re-sign Harden at a price they think they can afford. We don't know what that number is, because we don't know what they think of their other variable (mostly, Ibaka). I'm guessing that, if they can get him for $10m to maybe $12m per year, they would keep him.
Again, this is a discussion in a vacuum.

50inchvertical
06-16-2012, 08:40 PM
I don't know why Minnesota and Utah aren't making similar offers, especially Minnesota. They have a short window since they only signed KLove for 4 yrs, and therefore don't have time to wait for another rookie to develop as by the time he does, Love will be gone. They need someone to instantly put them over the hump. Granted James himself doesn't make either team a championship contender, but he puts them into the playoffs; Houston too.

RedBlackAttack
06-16-2012, 09:38 PM
I don't know why Minnesota and Utah aren't making similar offers, especially Minnesota. They have a short window since they only signed KLove for 4 yrs, and therefore don't have time to wait for another rookie to develop as by the time he does, Love will be gone. They need someone to instantly put them over the hump. Granted James himself doesn't make either team a championship contender, but he puts them into the playoffs; Houston too.
Minnesota doesn't have a high pick this year. The best pick the T-Wolves could offer is No. 18. Since No. 2 is apparently being dangled in front of OKC, Minny doesn't have much of an offer...

Unless they offered something like No. 18 this year and their first next year. :confusedshrug:

Houston has picks 14 & 16...

At the end of the day, I'm not sure OKC gets a better offer than No. 2 overall.

PP34Deuce
06-16-2012, 11:42 PM
Thats a great deal.... Number 2 pick can get you

MKG- younger Thabo with more upside( I think his prime will be 16ppg 7 and 3 with great defense)

Drummond- Biggest risk but high reward
Thomas Robinson but I can't see Ibaka being a center.

El Kabong
06-17-2012, 04:07 AM
Jazz don't have the assets, at least ones they want to trade. You could maybe offer Millsap + 1st rounder, but O'Connor was recently talking about not wanting to make a big move and keeping their core together to improve.

bigkingsfan
06-19-2012, 11:54 PM
Bobcats just pulled this offer off the table.

ClutchOver9000
06-19-2012, 11:54 PM

:lol

kells333
06-19-2012, 11:56 PM

Lolol

CelticBaller
06-19-2012, 11:56 PM
:applause: