PDA

View Full Version : Steven A. Smith quote

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 12:29 AM
"Russell Westbrook's performance was the worst from a point guard in finals history"

magnax1
06-15-2012, 12:30 AM
That was Magic's quote. And it's quite a stupid one lol. He didn't have that bad of a game.

LA_Showtime
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
"Magic Johnson is as stupid as a college kid not wearing a condom and contracting AIDS."

inclinerator
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
he quoted magic

kurt_rambis
06-15-2012, 12:32 AM
we did he say that? eventually westbrook turned it around, but he started out awful, like 2-11 or something

Noob Saibot
06-15-2012, 12:33 AM
Here they go again, manipulating the blame to Westbrook when he and Durant together rallied to get the Thunder within victory's grasp.

Ancient Legend
06-15-2012, 12:34 AM
Westbrook kept OKC in the game for a stretch when KD was on the bench. He hit like 3 straight jumpers.

HoopDreams247
dumb sheep blaming Westbrook

Knicksfever2010
"Russell Westbrook's performance was the worst from a point guard in finals history"

well i understand his point. westbrook is supposed to distribute, not hog the ball especially when you're having an off night.

Micku
06-15-2012, 12:35 AM
Ironic that the Heat point guard had:

3 points on 1-7 shooting. 1 asts, 4 rbs, and 3 TOs. All in 39 mins.

The Thunder point guard had:

27 points on 10-26 shooting. 7 asts, 8 rbs, and 2 TOs. All in 41 mins.

If you give any NBA fan and ask, who is the worst point guard, without saying their name, it'll be the Heat. GTFO with that.

Westbrook is attacking. Sometimes he does take questionable decisions and should give Durant the ball a bit more, but he is still putting pressure on the Heat defense when he drives. He almost had a triple double again.

d.bball.guy
06-15-2012, 12:36 AM
Magic said it? I bet he wasn't paying attention to the game. :facepalm

Kujo
It's kinda funny how Stephen A. Smith has always defended Russel Westbrook's play, especially when debating Skip Bayless, and now in the finals, he's started to agree with Skip. :lol

Magic's quote is pure hyperbole. Russel had a bad game, but it was nowhere near the worst ever for a PG in a NBA.

Tenchi Ryu
That's REAL fukked up Magic said that man.....the guy is young, and for someone of your status, the arguably best PG in history, to just shit on him like that.

kurt_rambis
06-15-2012, 12:37 AM

If you give any NBA fan and ask, who is the worst point guard, without saying their name, it'll be the Heat. GTFO with that.

Westbrook is attacking. Sometimes he does take questionable decisions and should give Durant the ball a bit more, but he is still putting pressure on the Heat defense when he drives.
i can't imagine magic or anyone else said he had the worst performance in history AFTER the game. it had to be said during the half or something when westbrook was playing shit

04mzwach
06-15-2012, 12:38 AM
:wtf: ESPN is lame. They could at least keep it half classy.

Wally450
If he hits a couple of those easy jumpers, then its the greatest performance ever. Magic is so dumb

Celtic_Pride
Westbrook is a retard

I seriously do not understand why he doesn't play like a point guard. If he played smart, OKC would have beaten the Heat today! The 1st thing a PG does is to involve everyone in the game and look for his shot later on, this guy goes 1-6 to begin with :facepalm

magnax1
06-15-2012, 12:39 AM
Magic said it? I bet he wasn't paying attention to the game. :facepalm
I think he said it at half time, so it's not quite as completely retarded.

The Macho Man
06-15-2012, 12:40 AM
That's REAL fukked up Magic said that man.....the guy is young, and for someone of your status, the arguably best PG in history, to just shit on him like that.

Pretty sure Russ realizes Magic is retarded though.

HorryIsMyMVP
Westbrook kept OKC in the game for a stretch when KD was on the bench. He hit like 3 straight jumpers.
Yeah but before that he missed like 11 in a row. Steven A wasn't quoting. He said it after a heated speech about how Westbrook shoots too much. Has to run the offense if he is going to be dominating the ball. It was just ugly. Thunder need a real pg so bad.

liverpooty
Should have kept the games on TNT. Wilbon, Magic, etc all don't know what the hell they're talking about. Atleast Kenny and Charles keep things humorous. Magic is almost as bad as Shaq at trying to give insight after a game.

Wally450
Westbrook is a retard

I seriously do not understand why he doesn't play like a point guard. If he played smart, OKC would have beaten the Heat today! The 1st thing a PG does is to involve everyone in the game and look for his shot later on, this guy goes 1-6 to begin with :facepalm

Thought of a certain guy, then read your user name...

imdaman99
anyone who would say something like that must be watching their first finals

d.bball.guy
06-15-2012, 12:41 AM
I think he said it at half time, so it's not quite as completely retarded.
Still stupid on Magic's part to say it, especially at half time, when the game is not over. :facepalm

Celtic_Pride
06-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Thought of a certain guy, then read your user name...

It's not like he can't play the point or anything

Whenever he drives, the defense collapses on him and kicks out to the open guy, good things happen for the OKC everytime

Instead he settles for pull up Js with 20 left on the shot clock most of the time :facepalm

Micku
06-15-2012, 12:46 AM
i can't imagine magic or anyone else said he had the worst performance in history AFTER the game. it had to be said during the half or something when westbrook was playing shit

He said it afterwards I believe.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 12:46 AM
It's not like he can't play the point or anything

Whenever he drives, the defense collapses on him and kicks out to the open guy, good things happen for the OKC everytime

Instead he settles for pull up Js with 20 left on the shot clock most of the time :facepalm
Exactly .:rant

NumberSix
06-15-2012, 01:47 AM
Magic was completely out of line with that comment. I mean, it's not like they'll be calling him "tragic Westbrook" after this game.

EricForman
06-15-2012, 01:53 AM
Some of you are misinterpreting. Magic didn't mean Westbrook had the worst first half ever, from a basketball stand point, he meant from a POINT GUARD stand point. And although it's still a bit much, Westbrook did have (and has had many) horrible "point guard" plays.

Part of the blame goes to Westbrook and part of the blame goes to Brooks for not discipling him, but Westbrook is shooting too much. You guys are insane just looking at final stat line and defending Westbrook, he played bad tonight. You can't LOOK FOR YOUR OWN SHOT OVER SETTING UP THE MOST GIFTED SCORER OF THIS GENERATION consistently.

It's not just Magic, even veteran journos, guys who are very respected, like Michael Wilbon and JA Adande, have took shots at Westbrook for, basically, playing like Iverson.

As a point guard, Westbrook is not doing a good job. And yes, he had a horrible first half, 2-10, missing wide-open Durant multiple times.

EricForman
06-15-2012, 01:55 AM
i can't believe how many Westbrook defenders here in this thread, you guys really need to watch some team basketball and see what point guards usually do, especially if one of the point guard's other teammates is a scoring machine.

one of Stockton's 10 points, 13 assists game would help the Thunder better than a typical Westbrook 23 points on 24 shots game.

ClutchOver9000
06-15-2012, 01:58 AM
that's harsh...

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 01:59 AM
If the Thunder had a guy who could put up 13 assists nightly that would be wonderful.

stephanieg
06-15-2012, 02:13 AM
Somewhere, Eric Snow is smiling.

FindingTim
06-15-2012, 02:17 AM
I didn't think anyone had that bad of a game. I thought Westbrook played fine for the most part. Sorry sports media, there isn't always someone to blame for everything....

JaE_BLiZZy
06-15-2012, 02:42 AM
"Magic Johnson is as stupid as a college kid not wearing a condom and contracting AIDS."
Does he still have AIDS? I hought he was healed, looks healthy

fsvr54
06-15-2012, 02:50 AM
He never had AIDS, he had HIV nikka.

unbreakable
06-15-2012, 04:29 AM
kevin durant's PG can not go 10-26.. thats unacceptable when KD is shooting 50% every damn game

nbaballllller
06-15-2012, 04:39 AM
i can't believe how many Westbrook defenders here in this thread, you guys really need to watch some team basketball and see what point guards usually do, especially if one of the point guard's other teammates is a scoring machine.

one of Stockton's 10 points, 13 assists game would help the Thunder better than a typical Westbrook 23 points on 24 shots game.

um no.

westrook is the reason why this team is so dam scary. he puts a ton of pressure on the defense. you cant load up on durant when westbrook is in the game.

a non scoring but passing point guard would not work instead of westbrook. rose is the perfect combination of the two. because he would feed durant but also score

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 04:51 AM
um no.

westrook is the reason why this team is so dam scary. he puts a ton of pressure on the defense. you cant load up on durant when westbrook is in the game.

a non scoring but passing point guard would not work instead of westbrook. rose is the perfect combination of the two. because he would feed durant but also score
Who cares if they can't double Durant? Westbrook is taking like 30 shots a game and the only way Durant is getting the ball is off an offensive rebound. :lol . Man Westbrook put so much pressure on the Heat while putting OKC in a giant hole that even KD can't bail them out of.

Replay32
06-15-2012, 04:56 AM
Magic is my favorite player of all time. But if he said that...He's trippin'. Not saying westbrook played great, but worst finals game as a PG ever. EVER!!! Come'on man!!! :lol

MiseryCityTexas
06-15-2012, 05:02 AM
He said it afterwards I believe.

He said it during halftime dumbass.

EricForman
06-15-2012, 06:34 PM
um no.

yes, that's why many sports journalist and media have killed Westbrook (not new by the way, goes back to last playoffs too) for chucking up shots and not even looking for Durant during stretches of the game right?

i'm not even talking about the Skip Bayless guys now. But positive guys, respected guys, Magic, Broussard, Wilbon, JA Adande.

It's clear as day Westbrook's shoot-first ways is hurting OKC, not necessarily because Westbrook is a bad player, but because WHEN WESTBROOK SHOOTS, IT LEAVES OUT THE GREATEST SCORER IN THE LEAGUE.

You ISH kiddies keep focusing on the box score and think Westbrook had a great game though. You really think Magic and a bunch of other guys would go kill Westbrook like that if there wasn't some truth to it? What do they have to gain to hate on Westbrook? The dude is FREEZING OUT Durant for stretches of the game, for god's sake.

Mach_3
06-15-2012, 06:44 PM
Westbrook is a retard

Because he's not a PG that's not his game. His entire life he's been about driving to the rim and finishing/taking that pullup jumper off the screen 1st and then seeing if he can set up his teamates if he can't get his own shot off.

Honestly i would have tried to trade him for like a Monta Ellis type and start Harden at point.

LBJDW305
06-15-2012, 06:48 PM

Westbrook is attacking. Sometimes he does take questionable decisions and should give Durant the ball a bit more, but he is still putting pressure on the Heat defense when he drives. He almost had a triple double again.

:facepalm heats point guard ain't part of the "big 3"

longtime lurker
06-15-2012, 06:56 PM
I didn't think anyone had that bad of a game. I thought Westbrook played fine for the most part. Sorry sports media, there isn't always someone to blame for everything....

Exactly. He didn't even have a bad game, eventually those shots are gonna drop. Watching the game he missed a couple of easy layups and chippies. I'd rather have a guy play aggressive and keep the defense on his heels than play passive. Imo he just needs to calm down with the quick jumpers. Rondo showed how to attack the Heat. And considering Westbrooks jumper is better he just needs to calm down.

imdaman99
06-15-2012, 06:59 PM
and what are you morons gonna do when he wins his championship? oh boohooo instead of 34 pts, durant could have averaged 40 boohooo. stfu, goatbrook would shit on each and every one of you and rondo. no one is scoring on westbrook in this series. and its not as if he hasnt guarded wade for long stretches or lebron for a couple plays a game. maybe if the best scorer in the game could play some defense on lebron :confusedshrug:

you think if durant wasn't taking these breaks while westbrook is beasting, he would have the energy to do his thing in the 4th quarters??? yeah of course. its easy to blame westbrook but lets not question durant.

Micku
06-15-2012, 07:56 PM
:facepalm heats point guard ain't part of the "big 3"

Both Magic and Steven A Smith said Westbrook is the worst point of any championship team ever. Never mention about any big 3. That's what I'm pointing out. What are you talking about?

Chalmers is certainly much worse than Westbrook.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 07:59 PM
and what are you morons gonna do when he wins his championship? oh boohooo instead of 34 pts, durant could have averaged 40 boohooo. stfu, goatbrook would shit on each and every one of you and rondo. no one is scoring on westbrook in this series. and its not as if he hasnt guarded wade for long stretches or lebron for a couple plays a game. maybe if the best scorer in the game could play some defense on lebron :confusedshrug:

you think if durant wasn't taking these breaks while westbrook is beasting, he would have the energy to do his thing in the 4th quarters??? yeah of course. its easy to blame westbrook but lets not question durant.
Hey if you didn't notice Westbrook just gave HCA to the Heat. He probably won't win a chip this year. And even if he did who cares? Hes going to average 35% shooting.

Celtic_Pride
06-15-2012, 08:10 PM
Chalmers is certainly much worse than Westbrook.

But Chalmers hardly plays point with Lebron and Wade. It's like saying Fisher plays the point for OKC though he technically plays at 1, he is more of a spot up shooter, same with Chalmers

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 08:16 PM
The ****ed up part about Westbrick is that if he was Chalmers then Wade , Lebron and Bosh would never touch the ball.

R.I.P.
06-15-2012, 08:17 PM
Makes absolutely no sense, if you consider the fact that Westbrooks play will ultimately decide whether they win the championship or not. If Westbrook finds the correct balance and play like an elite player, they

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 08:18 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]Makes absolutely no sense, if you consider the fact that Westbrooks play will ultimately decide whether they win the championship or not. If Westbrook finds the correct balance and play like an elite player, they

imdaman99
06-15-2012, 09:04 PM
Well this is what kind of pressure you put on yourself. When you play with the best player in the league and take more shots then he does.
Thunder's record when Westbrook shoots more than Durant : 25-6

your argument is debunked, now fcuk off troll :oldlol:

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Thunder's record when Westbrook shoots more than Durant : 25-6

your argument is debunked, now fcuk off troll :oldlol:
And yet they lost game 2 in OKC on a night where Westbrick was absolutely horrible and KD shot 60%. Thanks to Westbrick you can enjoy Lebron winning his first ring. Because hes not gonna stop. He's gonna keep shooting. And Miami is going to win it's ring. Congrats Miami.

longtime lurker
06-15-2012, 09:42 PM
Hey if you didn't notice Westbrook just gave HCA to the Heat. He probably won't win a chip this year. And even if he did who cares? Hes going to average 35% shooting.

Yeah blame it all on Russell :facepalm

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 09:52 PM
Yeah blame it all on Russell :facepalm
Where is the blame suppose to go? He shot 26 shots. Played the worst and certainly the most selfish while having the most impact on the game. We really gonna blame Durant? He did his thing like he always does. Shot 60%. Couldn't quite bail the team out from the hole Westbrick put them in. It's amazing Durant can remain humble in the post game interview. While Westbrick is crying like a girl. Mommy Magic Johnson made fun of me and I lost us the game :cry:

imdaman99
06-15-2012, 10:24 PM
Where is the blame suppose to go? He shot 26 shots. Played the worst and certainly the most selfish while having the most impact on the game. We really gonna blame Durant? He did his thing like he always does. Shot 60%. Couldn't quite bail the team out from the hole Westbrick put them in. It's amazing Durant can remain humble in the post game interview. While Westbrick is crying like a girl. Mommy Magic Johnson made fun of me and I lost us the game :cry:
sometimes its about defense too. durant is as big a non factor on defense ESPECIALLY while guarding lebron as anyone. the few times he was on wade he made some stupid defensive mistakes as well. yes its an offensive coming out party for durant in these finals, but he looks lost on defense. but im sure you dont think defense wins championships... dumb troll.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 10:27 PM
sometimes its about defense too. durant is as big a non factor on defense ESPECIALLY while guarding lebron as anyone. the few times he was on wade he made some stupid defensive mistakes as well. yes its an offensive coming out party for durant in these finals, but he looks lost on defense. but im sure you dont think defense wins championships... dumb troll.
Westbrook isn't a good defender though. Never has been.

imdaman99
06-15-2012, 10:28 PM
trolls gonna troll. peaceout

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=10781

^^^^ let this improve your ish experience everyone

HorryIsMyMVP
06-15-2012, 10:33 PM
trolls gonna troll. peaceout

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/profile.php?do=addlist&userlist=ignore&u=10781

^^^^ let this improve your ish experience everyone
Lmao. Don't be butt hurt. Durant overall is a better defender then Westbrook in my opinion. Westbrook is notoriously bad and gets caught up in screens or misses assignments.

Nevaeh
06-15-2012, 10:36 PM

Plus it's not like Magic never had his own "Tragic" Finals moments either as a young player.
http://www.ezboard.com/images/emoticons/laugh.gif

Jlauber or Veteran Laker fans know the story better than I do.