PDA

View Full Version : Hornets-Wizards Trade Scenario

jalbert009
06-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Hornets Send Ariza & Okafor
They Get Rashard Lewis

Draft Davis with #1 Pick. Gordon is most likely to resign with a long term contract and the #10 Pick could be used to draft a Center like Leonard or Zeller if this Trade falls through.

Hornets Roster:

Leonard or Zeller/Smith
Davis/Ayon
Lewis/Aminu/Thomas
Gordon/Henry
Jack/Vasquez

Rationale: Hornets are in rebuilding mode and are trying to develop their young players. This trade allows the Hornets to shed over 20M in cap space the following season and allow the young players to develop.

Wizards Send Rashard Lewis
They Get Ariza & Okafor

Amnesty Blatch first of all then draft MKG to play as starting SG but to have minutes on SF when Ariza is on the bench.

Wizards Roster:

Okafor/Seraphin
Nene/Booker
Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
MKG/Crawford
Wall/Mack

Rationale: Wizards become competitive with this roster and could compete for a play off spot and if MKG turns out to be an all-star talent then this team could potentially become a contender in the East.

d.bball.guy
06-15-2012, 12:45 AM
Rashard's contract.

bmulls
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
How do you shed cap space by spending 22m on Rashard Lewis?

jalbert009
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Rashard's contract.
Is worth a lot this season as it is an expiring contract that can help teams dispose of unwanted large contracts/over paid players.

jalbert009
06-15-2012, 12:49 AM
How do you shed cap space by spending 22m on Rashard Lewis?
Shards contract is expiring next season while Okafor and Ariza have another 2 years on theirs. Their combine contracts are still worth 20M or so per year.

AMISTILLILL
06-15-2012, 01:00 AM
Washington is paying Nene $56 million over the next four seasons, Andray Blatche $22+ million over the next three and Kevin Seraphin $1 million next season. Explain to me why they need to pay Okafor $28 million over the next 3 seasons when he's shorter than Nene. :rolleyes:

Pointless trade. Washington could fill glaring needs with Shards contract. These are just pointless acquisitions.

WillyJakk
06-15-2012, 01:16 AM
I believe Rashard Lewis has a $10M buyout but I may be wrong.

Edit: It was $10M but he reached incentives with us before trading him to Washington so now it's $13.7M.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/3/7/2851666/nba-trade-deadline-2012-rashard-lewis-contract

Sidenote: This is why Magic fans were so pissed at trading Lewis for Agent numbnuts.

T-Time3
06-15-2012, 05:49 AM
Wizards Roster:

Okafor/Seraphin
Nene/Booker
Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
MKG/Crawford
Wall/Mack

Rationale: Wizards become competitive with this roster and could compete for a play off spot and if MKG turns out to be an all-star talent then this team could potentially become a contender in the East.

:facepalm
how is this team competitive enough ?

QuebecBaller
06-15-2012, 07:30 AM
:facepalm
how is this team competitive enough ?

Okafor/Seraphin = Defence
Nene/Booker = Offense
Ariza/Vesely/Singleton = Defence
MKG/Crawford = Offense
Wall/Mack = Offense

Not bad

hawkfan
06-15-2012, 09:49 AM
I believe Rashard Lewis has a $10M buyout but I may be wrong.

Edit: It was $10M but he reached incentives with us before trading him to Washington so now it's $13.7M.

http://www.bulletsforever.com/2012/3/7/2851666/nba-trade-deadline-2012-rashard-lewis-contract

Sidenote: This is why Magic fans were so pissed at trading Lewis for Agent numbnuts.

If the Magic had Lewis and bought him out and then waived Redick and moved Nelson, that would be enough cap space to sign Deron Williams outright.

hawkfan
06-15-2012, 09:50 AM
They Get Rashard Lewis

Draft Davis with #1 Pick. Gordon is most likely to resign with a long term contract and the #10 Pick could be used to draft a Center like Leonard or Zeller if this Trade falls through.

Hornets Roster:

Leonard or Zeller/Smith
Davis/Ayon
Lewis/Aminu/Thomas
Gordon/Henry
Jack/Vasquez

Rationale: Hornets are in rebuilding mode and are trying to develop their young players. This trade allows the Hornets to shed over 20M in cap space the following season and allow the young players to develop.

They Get Ariza & Okafor

Amnesty Blatch first of all then draft MKG to play as starting SG but to have minutes on SF when Ariza is on the bench.

Wizards Roster:

Okafor/Seraphin
Nene/Booker
Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
MKG/Crawford
Wall/Mack

The Hornets should keep Okafor and Ariza to form a great defensive trio with Davis, and add a point guard (Goran Dragic) and a combo reserve guard (Louis Williams).

Lewis is probably going to get bought out and Andray Blatche amnestied.

T-Time3
06-15-2012, 10:07 AM
Okafor/Seraphin = past his prime/inexperience
Nene/Booker = decent/inexperience
Ariza/Vesely/Singleton = finally a scoring threat/casual euro kid/scrub
MKG/Crawford = rookie/inexperience (blocked lebron once tho :roll: )
Wall/Mack = main man/inexperience

Not bad. really ?

fixed
oh and it's defense by the way :D

QuebecBaller
06-15-2012, 12:23 PM
fixed
oh and it's defense by the way :D

I thought defenCe and defenSe were both good :(

ralph_i_el
06-15-2012, 01:18 PM
They Get Rashard Lewis

Hornets Roster:

Leonard or Zeller/Smith
Davis/Ayon
Lewis/Aminu/Thomas
Gordon/Henry
Jack/Vasquez

They Get Ariza & Okafor

Wizards Roster:

Okafor/Seraphin
Nene/Booker
Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
MKG/Crawford
Wall/Mack

lewis isn't going to play hard for a rebuilding team.

no one in that wizards lineup is a spot up 3 threat. How can that team contend with literally no floor spacing?

DStebb716
06-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Can we clear this up a bit: expiring contracts are not as ridiculously valuable as people think. They are only valuable in trades in which you would be acquiring VERY good talent. They are then used to cover the cost of taking on a bad contract or two. So unless a team is planning on acquiring a player in the future, then they won't worry about acquiring expiring contracts.

jalbert009
06-15-2012, 09:09 PM
Ok. Thanks for the replies and I admit it was a bad trade idea. Thanks for some good discussion. :applause:

IGOTGAME
06-20-2012, 02:33 PM
Ok. Thanks for the replies and I admit it was a bad trade idea. Thanks for some good discussion. :applause:

not so fast. very realistic!

LALakerFan4Life
06-20-2012, 02:35 PM
NBA source tells me Emeka Okafor and Trevor Ariza have been traded to the Washington Wizards for Rashard Lewis and the #46 pick

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/215507402349477889

Rashard Lewis' 23.8 million dollar contract can be bought out for 13.7 million before July 1st. Trade saves New Orleans around 30 million?

https://twitter.com/DraftExpress/status/215509659426107392

Got what you wanted, OP. The Wiz or Hornets GM must also read ideas from posters on ISH.

longtime lurker
06-20-2012, 02:41 PM
:roll:

This is amazing!!!

:roll:

IGotACoolStory
06-20-2012, 02:47 PM
:bowdown:

Nash
06-20-2012, 02:48 PM
Goat F*cking Thread!!

Peteballa
06-20-2012, 02:49 PM
LOL :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Nash
06-20-2012, 02:49 PM
LOL this thread was 1 starred, now its our duty to make it a 5 start thread.

OP.. We are not worthy of your Nostradamus skills!

PJR
06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
OP Is Ernie Grunfeld. Wizards GM. Only explanation for this. :lol

LamarOdom
06-20-2012, 02:51 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown:

Spue
06-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Almost, they traded for Trevor Arizona :lol

PJR
06-20-2012, 02:54 PM
You cannot tell me basketball executives don't read ISH. This isn't random :oldlol:

d.bball.guy
06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
HOLY SHIT!! :bowdown: :bowdown: :roll:

Snoop_Cat
06-20-2012, 02:56 PM
ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. this might even be better than the Miguel Pietrus thread!

Killbot
06-20-2012, 03:07 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll:

Droid101
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
We probably scared the guy off too.

Come back!

Punpun
06-20-2012, 03:13 PM
Oh God. :oldlol:

DStebb716
06-20-2012, 03:16 PM
OP is OG (original god)

Punpun
How a GM's mind works

1. Make trades in insidehoops
2. See if the communauty doesn't like it
3. If yes, do it. If not, don't.

:yaohappy:

no pun intended
Holy crap...

d.bball.guy
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
This convinced me that OP is a GM. :lol

chazzy
06-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Washington is paying Nene $56 million over the next four seasons, Andray Blatche $22+ million over the next three and Kevin Seraphin $1 million next season. Explain to me why they need to pay Okafor $28 million over the next 3 seasons when he's shorter than Nene. :rolleyes:

Pointless trade. Washington could fill glaring needs with Shards contract. These are just pointless acquisitions.
:rolleyes:

Zackmorris
06-20-2012, 03:24 PM

Jal mother****ing bert! you mother****er!:applause:

no pun intended
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
OP, please feel free to make more trade scenarios.

rufuspaul
06-20-2012, 03:30 PM
I do believe this is the first time I've seen an ISH trade scenario come to fruition. Color me impressed!

Fiasco
06-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Let's get a "Dwight Howard to Clippers" trade next, OP. Please.

Math2
06-20-2012, 04:08 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

hawkfan
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM
They Get Rashard Lewis

Hornets Roster:

Leonard or Zeller/Smith
Davis/Ayon
Lewis/Aminu/Thomas
Gordon/Henry
Jack/Vasquez

They Get Ariza & Okafor

Wizards Roster:

Okafor/Seraphin
Nene/Booker
Ariza/Vesely/Singleton
MKG/Crawford
Wall/Mack

Why you gotta use my term trade scenario? Just like bagelred.
Come up with your own name.

Rnbizzle
06-20-2012, 04:12 PM
OP :bowdown: :bowdown:

BGriffin's Dad
06-20-2012, 04:15 PM
Why you gotta use my term trade scenario? Just like bagelred.
Come up with your own name.

"trade scenario" isn't your term... :roll:

i think i'm gonna trademark the common phrase "over here"

chips93
06-20-2012, 05:09 PM
:applause:

JohnRuck
06-21-2012, 02:07 PM
JALBERT, MESSAGE ME SOME LOTTO NUMBERS TO PLAY. THANKS IN ADVANCE KIND SIR :banana:

bluerap
06-21-2012, 02:15 PM
pretty impressive but he got the draft part wrong.

wiz will draft Brad Beal.

PG: WALL
SG: BEAL
SF: ARIZA
PF: NENE
C: OKAFOR

That is a much better team than last year's version.

jalbert009
06-21-2012, 05:17 PM
tanks everyone! :D

pretty impressive but he got the draft part wrong.

wiz will draft Brad Beal.

PG: WALL
SG: BEAL
SF: ARIZA
PF: NENE
C: OKAFOR

That is a much better team than last year's version.

I really thought about Beal over MKG but sometimes you got to take talent over positional needs of the team. Besides, wizards still have jordan crawford to play sg who is still improving. Ariza may opt out after a year to get a long term contract so drafting a SF makes more sense for the long term. This season is not about contending for a championship. Its about changing the culture in Washington from a lottery team with no heart and experience to a playoff bound team after a season and developing their young talents.

MKG, Booker, Seraphin and Crawford will only get better after a season and a full training camp. Vesely IMO is a bust. He should be Traded to a team who wants to take a chance on him. Wizards should also sign Hinrich, he will be a great addition to this team.

Geriatric
06-21-2012, 05:35 PM
tanks everyone! :D

I really thought about Beal over MKG but sometimes you got to take talent over positional needs of the team. Besides, wizards still have jordan crawford to play sg who is still improving. Ariza may opt out after a year to get a long term contract so drafting a SF makes more sense for the long term. This season is not about contending for a championship. Its about changing the culture in Washington from a lottery team with no heart and experience to a playoff bound team after a season and developing their young talents.

MKG, Booker, Seraphin and Crawford will only get better after a season and a full training camp. Vesely IMO is a bust. He should be Traded to a team who wants to take a chance on him. Wizards should also sign Hinrich, he will be a great addition to this team.

In B4 Wizards trade Vesely and sign Hinrich.:lol

no pun intended
02-20-2013, 07:38 PM
Yo OP, we need you back!

Droid101
02-20-2013, 07:40 PM
Yo OP, we need you back!
Seriously.

Jeff! Get his email address off his account and tell him to come back!

d.bball.guy
02-20-2013, 10:31 PM
I can't believe I was the first one to question this :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry :cry:

no pun intended
02-21-2013, 05:00 AM
I can't believe I was the first one to question this :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry :cry:
Well it did seem unreasonable at first until OP (a.k.a. Hornets or Magic GM) pulled the trigger.

Peteballa
03-25-2014, 06:56 PM
classic