PDA

View Full Version : Refs favoring Miami in Game 3

04mzwach
06-17-2012, 10:55 PM
Miami unfairly wins in Game 2 and Game 3 IMO. Are they done or will the refs start calling the game fairly again to give them a chance to win more games?

Mr Clutch Melo
OKC choked, stop with the excuses

StateOfMind12
Refs did favor Miami but OKC still could have won despite it. OKC just blew many opportunities specifically missing FTs themselves. I blame James Harden more than anything else if I had to pick someone to blame from OKC.

EnoughSaid
06-17-2012, 10:56 PM
What? Free throws: 31 for Miami, and 24 for the Thunder. Not a big disparity.

LBJMVP
06-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Miami unfairly wins in Game 2 and Game 3 IMO. Are they done or will the refs start calling the game fairly again to give them a chance to win more games?

harden defensive foul was stupid.
how was there not a foul on the sefolosha dunk?

heat can literally go to the hole and not get touched and their will be a foul.

thunder can't buy a foul.

how bout lebron saving the ball and hitting the back of the backboard.

kingBynum
Eric Spo was on the court standing next to Westrbook yelling at Westbrook 3 near end of game and no tech!

Velocirap31
Thunder had more free throws in game 1 and 2. It's just home cooking as usual.

04mzwach
If free throws are dead even, it doesn't mean the game was called fairly.

LBJMVP

since when is free throw disparity the only way to determine how fairly a game was called.

Derka
If OKC makes the free throws they were given tonight, they win the game and no one's talking about the refs.

OKC is not a team that, as of this moment, ready for the NBA Finals...grandest stage of the basketball world.

Edit: for major double negative failure.

PJR
Hopefully they continue to get all the calls so you bitches can cry some more. :oldlol:

bmulls
06-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Thunder had more free throws in game 1 and 2. It's just home cooking as usual.

yep, where were these threads then? OKC fans are a fcking joke right now.

strike first
here come the crybabies

jlip
Why did Brooks also take Westbrook out in the 3rd quarter when Durant sat down with his 4th foul?

Indian guy
06-17-2012, 10:59 PM
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m56nzxQRBQ1rupmkgo1_250.gif

TylerOO
Eric Spo was on the court standing next to Westrbook yelling at Westbrook 3 near end of game and no tech!
Stop posting that in every thread, no one cares you 12 year old ******

bmulls
Why did Brooks also take Westbrook out in the 3rd quarter when Durant sat down with his 4th foul?

Refs made him do it

BMOGEFan

Do you watch games?

rs98762001
06-17-2012, 11:00 PM
There were plenty of bad calls against the Thunder, but in no way should it take the blame away from the team itself. They just choked hardcore in the 4th, from Durant and Westbrook on down, and looked like deer in the headlights. The youth thing may actually be playing a bigger part in this than everyone expected.

fsvr54
06-17-2012, 11:01 PM
Refs didn't cause Westbrook to miss a wide open 3.

Derka
06-17-2012, 11:03 PM
There were plenty of bad calls against the Thunder, but in no way should it take the blame away from the team itself. They just choked hardcore in the 4th, from Durant and Westbrook on down, and looked like deer in the headlights. The youth thing may actually be playing a bigger part in this than everyone expected.

I tried to be shocked when people marched all over this board spouting that "Whoever wins the West will kill the team that wins the East" nonsense. OKC is completely unproven in these situations while the Heat and the Celtics have the experience factor in their favor, which ABSOLUTELY matters in this series.

But...ISH is ISH and people just run at the keyboard with whatever they feel from one second to the next.

All Net
06-17-2012, 11:04 PM
They did but the refs didn't make OKC miss so many FT's.

gilalizard
06-17-2012, 11:05 PM
We saw 06 levels of dwhistles tonight... so many phantom calls for dwhistle... that's the lead right there.

And LeBron can literally do whatever he wants.

He straight up elbows Durant during the tying shot in game 2 and isn't called for it. Then tonight elbows Harden and doesn't get called for it.

:roll:

Even other star players don't get to get away with what LeBron gets away with lol

imdaman99
06-17-2012, 11:06 PM
stop the presses, someone thinks it wasnt westbrooks fault they lost again! :eek:

iDunk
06-17-2012, 11:06 PM
There were some really bad calls going Miami's way.

-LeBron traveled at least twice & it went uncalled.
-LeBron had a few offensive fouls that went uncalled.
-Durant's "4th foul" was ridic.

LBJMVP
06-17-2012, 11:07 PM
We saw 06 levels of dwhistles tonight... so many phantom calls for dwhistle... that's the lead right there.

And LeBron can literally do whatever he wants.

He straight up elbows Durant during the tying shot in game 2 and isn't called for it. Then tonight elbows Harden and doesn't get called for it.

:roll:

Even other star players don't get to get away with what LeBron gets away with lol

yup, he go into the lane and are handed free throws, but thunder have to get some serious content to get a call.

look at the sefolosha steal. wade hacked him in the head and its a no call.

lebron shoulders harden and it a foul on harden.

bl2k8
06-17-2012, 11:07 PM
I don't think OKC makes it out of MIA if they keep calling it like this

bmulls
06-17-2012, 11:08 PM
yup, he go into the lane and are handed free throws, but thunder have to get some serious content to get a call.

look at the sefolosha steal. wade hacked him in the head and its a no call.

lebron shoulders harden and it a foul on harden.

You seriously think Harden's flop was a foul?

Your credibility = 0

Derka
They did but the refs didn't make OKC miss so many FT's.

People will ignore this. Because "lol conspiracies"

Clippersfan86
Take away intentional fouling and they shot the same amount of free throws despite Miami being at home. Nothing to discuss.

50inchvertical
http://i49.tinypic.com/xzucp.jpg

literally got far enough on the court to be in Russ's vision.

BMOGEFan
06-17-2012, 11:09 PM
I don't think OKC makes it out of MIA if they keep calling it like this

no one makes it out of miami with calls like those. ask dallas in 06

04mzwach
06-17-2012, 11:09 PM

:lol right in front of crawford, wow.

Velocirap31
06-17-2012, 11:10 PM
Take away intentional fouling and they shot the same amount of free throws despite Miami being at home. Nothing to discuss.

:applause: I never even thought of that.
/thread

Velocirap31
06-17-2012, 11:11 PM
:lol right in front of crawford, wow.

That would have been awesome if Spo blocked his shot or something. I wonder what happens then. A technical free throw, but big deal.

Derka
06-17-2012, 11:13 PM
That would have been awesome if Spo blocked his shot or something. I wonder what happens then. A technical free throw, but big deal.

I'm fairly certain he loses a lot more than a point for purposely interfering with a play.

Fined straight out of his ass, probably instantly fired and banned from the game, and Joe Crawford will be damned if some prick coach is going to upstage him and give the Thunder 10-free throws because "he's Joey Crawford and f*ck you and how do you like that? Wanna fight right now?"

In fact, I see the last occurrence being the most realistic.

fsvr54
06-17-2012, 11:14 PM

That would be ****ing hilarious

gilalizard
06-17-2012, 11:15 PM
People will ignore this. Because "lol conspiracies"

lol it's not being ignored, it's the whole point

against the bias Miami receives (plus how stacked they are), you have to play great consistently to even have a chance to win, while Miami can play inconsistently and still have a better chance of winning

that's what's being ignored, by Heat stans

Batz
06-17-2012, 11:15 PM
The quality of posts in this thread is out-standing.

ihoopallday
06-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Just curious. Would you guys make these threads if it was Miami in that situation?

PianoMan
06-17-2012, 11:28 PM
lol it's not being ignored, it's the whole point

against the bias Miami receives (plus how stacked they are), you have to play great consistently to even have a chance to win, while Miami can play inconsistently and still have a better chance of winning

that's what's being ignored, by Heat stans
Lol your going to be in the same thread come game 4 complaining

Clippersfan86
06-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Just curious. Would you guys make these threads if it was Miami in that situation?

Nope. Lebron hate is strong. Also Thunder are stupidly being hyped as likable heros while Heat get casted as villains. Im rooting for Miami big time.

RoseCity07
06-17-2012, 11:33 PM
I don't know how Lebron overcame the adversity these past two games. Everything is going against him but like a true hero he is carrying the Heat to wins and willing his way to victory. He is our hero, the hero of the people.

He is too good. He's doing what we all dream of doing.

Derka
06-17-2012, 11:39 PM
I don't know how Lebron overcame the adversity these past two games. Everything is going against him but like a true hero he is carrying the Heat to wins and willing his way to victory. He is our hero, the hero of the people.

He is too good. He's doing what we all dream of doing.

Yeah, sorry Captain Loveboat...I'll stick to the middle class.

NuggetsFan
06-17-2012, 11:51 PM
NBA fans are becoming disgusting. Only sport that no matter what happens, who wins etc. there will always be tons of people crying and complaining about refs. Don't have to deal with this shit when you discuss any other sport. People made their minds up before tip off that Miami was going to get the benefit of the doubt from the whistle.

Love seeing OKC fans cry. How many times have people complained about OKC? They are #2 in the league with the whole refs are handing them games agenda. Yet you guy's acted completely different when the shoe was on the other foot.

People really need to realize how difficult it is to ref basketball. Esp when you have guy's like Harden\Wade flopping around. If Harden doesn't flop to the floor the refs probably don't call that block.

NuggetsFan
06-17-2012, 11:53 PM
Nope. Lebron hate is strong. Also Thunder are stupidly being hyped as likable heros while Heat get casted as villains. Im rooting for Miami big time.

Amen. I hate Miami and don't want either team to win but my god this is the Thunder were talking about. They don't have the right to act like their getting f*cked over.

tpols
06-17-2012, 11:55 PM
That Durant 4th foul on Wade in the 3rd turned the whole tide of the game. And it was a flop as usual. Not completely the refs fault though.

NuggetsFan
06-18-2012, 12:00 AM
That Durant 4th foul on Wade in the 3rd turned the whole tide of the game. And it was a flop as usual. Not completely the refs fault though.

There was contact tho. Might not been alot but wasn't that absurd. Problem is it's Kevin Durant. Thabo Sefalosha can get that call 10x but when it's a player like Durant people yell fix. I thought people's beef was with superstars getting the benefit? Guess not. If that foul happens to Haslem do we care? Nope not at all.

What about way earlier on? Nick Collison\Kevin Durant both committed a foul and Collison raised his hand and took it. That would have been Durant's 2nd I believe, early on.

Let's be real for a second. Durant is just being dumb so far and committing fouls he shouldn't be committing. Ya there has been a few that have been arguable but there's also been a few that were pretty blatant.

gilalizard
06-18-2012, 12:02 AM
Lol your going to be in the same thread come game 4 complaining

just pointing out the truth

sorry if that upsets you

(actually, i'm not really sorry :roll: )

nba_55
06-18-2012, 12:02 AM
When was the last time Miami won and haters didnt complain about the refs?

gilalizard
06-18-2012, 12:03 AM

excellent point, though for reasons you don't intend

;)

NuggetsFan
06-18-2012, 12:04 AM

When was the last time anybody won without atleast a few chirping about refs or agenda's or the league fixing the series. Probably a Bobcats vs Wizards game.

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 12:05 AM

it was literally 9 on 5 that play :eek:

ihoopallday
06-18-2012, 12:06 AM

Lol right. I really wonder how people would react if Miami wins this year. Suicide numbers will increase by 60%

Ancient Legend
06-18-2012, 12:07 AM
it was literally 9 on 5 that play :eek:

SPO wasn't doing anything illegal, unless an OKC player had touched him, a-la Jason Kidd vs Mike Woodson a few years back.

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 12:09 AM
SPO wasn't doing anything illegal, unless an OKC player had touched him, a-la Jason Kidd vs Mike Woodson a few years back.
so you're telling me scott brooks can run on the court and pretend to put a hand out in shane battier's face and it would be legal??? good shit man, set it up scott brooks

sportsfan76
06-18-2012, 12:10 AM

B*tching about the refs is a waste of energy because they have the POWER

:rockon:

Ancient Legend
06-18-2012, 12:11 AM
so you're telling me scott brooks can run on the court and pretend to put a hand out in shane battier's face and it would be legal??? good shit man, set it up scott brooks

I'm sure he can do all sorts of theatrics if it's within the rules and he's inside the coach's box. Besides, Joey was right there behind him.

Ketchup
06-18-2012, 12:17 AM

Are you seriously telling me you've never seen a coach step on the hardwood while play was going on.

I've literally seen a coach walk side by side with his PG on the court telling him what play to run next.

Bernie Nips
06-18-2012, 12:20 AM
There were some really bad calls going Miami's way.

-LeBron traveled at least twice & it went uncalled.
-LeBron had a few offensive fouls that went uncalled.
-Durant's "4th foul" was ridic.

How many bad calls in OKC's favour did you manage to make the effort to write down? I mean, fouls obviously mean a lot to you.

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 12:21 AM
Are you seriously telling me you've never seen a coach step on the hardwood while play was going on.

I've literally seen a coach walk side by side with his PG on the court telling him what play to run next.
there is a difference between the 2. are you seriously telling me you dont know the difference?

PJR
06-18-2012, 12:22 AM
How many bad calls in OKC's favour did you manage to make the effort to write down? I mean, fouls obviously mean a lot to you.

You just can't pay any mind to fakkits like that, my man. Let them weep.

Ketchup
06-18-2012, 12:23 AM
there is a difference between the 2. are you seriously telling me you dont know the difference?

There isn't if you want to talk about consistency of call.

He's not interfering with Westbrook, nor did Westbrook make a complaint about it. Get over it. It didn't impact anything, so what's the problem?

tpols
06-18-2012, 12:35 AM
There was contact tho. Might not been alot but wasn't that absurd. Problem is it's Kevin Durant. Thabo Sefalosha can get that call 10x but when it's a player like Durant people yell fix. I thought people's beef was with superstars getting the benefit? Guess not. If that foul happens to Haslem do we care? Nope not at all.

What about way earlier on? Nick Collison\Kevin Durant both committed a foul and Collison raised his hand and took it. That would have been Durant's 2nd I believe, early on.

Let's be real for a second. Durant is just being dumb so far and committing fouls he shouldn't be committing. Ya there has been a few that have been arguable but there's also been a few that were pretty blatant.
Yea because if Thabo gets into foul trouble it doesnt mean much.. KD is a top 3 player in the league.

And I agree Durant made some stupid fouls earlier.. but that one on Wade was Wade jumpstopping 5 feet from the rim, pumpfaking, and then when Durant through his hands up near the backboard, Wade jumped into him and tossed the ball wildly while falling. It was a bullshit call that killed the momentum as OKC was taking control.

clipse
06-18-2012, 12:49 AM

The issue is the lack of consistency. Durant's drive at the end of game 2 had equal if not more contact then his 4th foul tonight. I say it should have been a no call.

Also lebron off the back of the backboard?? I thought refs were supposed to know the rules.

All in all, Miami played great d and deserved the win. Durant needs to know that letting a couple of buckets go uncontested but staying out of foul trouble is extremely important. He is too valuable to be in foul trouble.

Awesome series until now, I hope it doesn't turn dirty.

Doranku
06-18-2012, 01:03 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1190952/spod.gif

Since when is a coach allowed to step 3 feet onto the court while the game is in action and start screaming? :wtf:

apesta
06-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Refs did favor Miami but OKC still could have won despite it. OKC just blew many opportunities specifically missing FTs themselves. I blame James Harden more than anything else if I had to pick someone to blame from OKC.

Agreed. That one possession in the 4th when he waved Durant off so he could go one one one really pissed me off cause he ended up turning the ball over and resulting an and 1 for Lebron on Durant.

Cowboy Thunder
06-18-2012, 01:53 AM
I'm not big on crying about officiating, but it blows my mind how NCAA games seem more fairly officiated than the NBA.

Sad to see for all teams.

hawksdogsbraves
06-18-2012, 02:06 AM
Do you people really think Stern is rigging this for the Heat? The 'Ringless King' storyline is the only good storyline in the NBA right now, if anything he'd desperately want the Heat to lose so that people continue to talk about LeBron.

So the home team gets more calls... Have y'all not watched basketball before?

1Time4YourMind
06-18-2012, 02:08 AM
Do you people really think Stern is rigging this for the Heat? The 'Ringless King' storyline is the only good storyline in the NBA right now, if anything he'd desperately want the Heat to lose so that people continue to talk about LeBron.

So the home team gets more calls... Have y'all not watched basketball before?
Rofl this^

It's so hilarious to see everyone bringing out their pitchforks and torches whenever the refs dont favor their team.

Dolphin
06-18-2012, 02:26 AM
I'm not big on crying about officiating, but it blows my mind how NCAA games seem more fairly officiated than the NBA.

Sad to see for all teams.

Are NCAA games supposed to be officiated less fairly or something? :roll:

Bernie Nips
06-18-2012, 02:35 AM
I've only called out the refs one time this postseason - Game 2 Heat vs Celtics. That was just flat out bad. The only time it has truly seemed rigged.

The rest of the games were won fair and square by whichever team has won. Including Finals Game 3.

Cowboy Thunder
06-18-2012, 02:41 AM
Are NCAA games supposed to be officiated less fairly or something? :roll:
The cream is suppose to rise to the top

KG215
06-18-2012, 02:45 AM

I was watching the game with my dad and, when Westbrook came out in the third, we agreed it was the right decision at the time given how erratically he was playing. However, after Miami started to go on a run we both started to ask why Westbrook hadn't been put back when there was still 3-4 minutes left in the third. A few minutes later we were both saying Brooks is on the verge of costing OKC the game by keeping Westbrook out so long with Durant on the bench with four fouls. Harden was having a bad game yet Brooks felt like a lineup of Harden, Fisher, Cook, Sefolosha, and I think Collison was the way to go for the last 5-6 minutes of the third quarter.

:facepalm

G-train
06-18-2012, 02:50 AM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1190952/spod.gif

Since when is a coach allowed to step 3 feet onto the court while the game is in action and start screaming? :wtf:

If that's 3 feet I hope you tell the girls you have an 18 inch dongle.

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 03:01 AM
There isn't if you want to talk about consistency of call.

He's not interfering with Westbrook, nor did Westbrook make a complaint about it. Get over it. It didn't impact anything, so what's the problem?
consistency of a call, you mean how lebron is allowed to foul durant at the end of a game and get away with it while in the 1st quarter its prob called? yeah fcuk your consistency, there is none.

Ai2death
06-18-2012, 03:05 AM
OkCs fans Are really driving me to hate okc. Overrate the **** outta Durant every second, and cry like absoloute little girls about everything. Blame everything instead of accepting the heat played better ball. Just grow up and be a man and accept it instead of whinging and crying. I swear okc fans are the worst out of all the teams.

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 03:07 AM
OkCs fans Are really driving me to hate okc. Overrate the **** outta Durant every second, and cry like absoloute little girls about everything. Blame everything instead of accepting the heat played better ball. Just grow up and be a man and accept it instead of whinging and crying. I swear okc fans are the worst out of all the teams.
stfu, there arent THAT many okc fans as there are heat haters. when its a foul on 1 end, why isnt it on the other?

Bernie Nips
06-18-2012, 03:09 AM
stfu, there arent THAT many okc fans as there are heat haters. when its a foul on 1 end, why isnt it on the other?

HCA. See Ga...

Actually, see every single game in the history of the NBA.

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 03:12 AM
HCA. See Ga...

Actually, see every single game in the history of the NBA.
so lebron had homecourt advantage in game 2 when he was allowed to foul durant. gotcha.

tomtucker
06-18-2012, 03:13 AM
are coaches allowed to step on the court during the game ?

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 03:15 AM
are coaches allowed to step on the court during the game ?
yes. they are allowed to wrap their arms around their own players as they walk up the court too. if they are allowed to walk next to their own players to tell them the play, they are allowed to run a foot onto the court and pretend to play defense too. its consistency so i hear.

Dolphin
06-18-2012, 03:21 AM
The cream is suppose to rise to the top

Fairness and quality are not the same thing.

Ai2death
06-18-2012, 03:29 AM

Thankyou for validating my point. Showing that your still crying like a girl and can't just refocus for next game, cause I bet that's what Kd is doing.

And as for the game 2 foul by lebron?
1. Kd should've fouled out with that missed charge call on battier
2. It's almost impossible to see that foul with the naked eye
And 3. Kd still got up for a uncontested 4ft Jumpshot and he missed

KG215
06-18-2012, 03:56 AM
Thankyou for validating my point. Showing that your still crying like a girl and can't just refocus for next game, cause I bet that's what Kd is doing.

And as for the game 2 foul by lebron?
1. Kd should've fouled out with that missed charge call on battier
2. It's almost impossible to see that foul with the naked eye
And 3. Kd still got up for a uncontested 4ft Jumpshot and he missed

1. That was a 50/50 call at best. I'm getting tired of people saying Durant should've fouled out last game. Go back and watch the replay. Battier tried to slide into position for the charge AFTER Durant was already in the air. The best call in that situation probably would have been a no-call, but it was not a charge.

3. Durant's jumper was uncontested in the sense LeBron didn't get up in the air to contest the shot. It was contested, however, in the sense that the contact by LeBron was enough to make Durant miss the shot short.

comerb
06-18-2012, 04:04 AM

Most of them aren't even OKC fans, they are Miami haters.

comerb
06-18-2012, 04:08 AM
1. That was a 50/50 call at best. I'm getting tired of people saying Durant should've fouled out last game. Go back and watch the replay. Battier tried to slide into position for the charge AFTER Durant was already in the air. The best call in that situation probably would have been a no-call, but it was not a charge.

3. Durant's jumper was uncontested in the sense LeBron didn't get up in the air to contest the shot. It was contested, however, in the sense that the contact by LeBron was enough to make Durant miss the shot short.

I'm getting tired of people making up bullshit excuses trying to say that wasn't a charge.

That was not a 50/50 call. At best, it was a no-call. 85% of the time they'll call a charge on that. I have no problem w/ them not calling a charge on that play, because I'd rather see Durant play than foul out, but it was a damn charge.

And that Jumper was not altered. He brought the ball up clean and he came up short.

RazorBaLade
06-18-2012, 04:09 AM
I'm getting tired of people making up bullshit excuses trying to say that wasn't a charge.

That was not a 50/50 call. At best, it was a no-call. 85% of the time they'll call a charge on that. I have no problem w/ them not calling a charge on that play, because I'd rather see Durant play than foul out, but it was a damn charge.

And that Jumper was not altered. He brought the ball up clean and he came up short.

im speechless

cltcfn2924
06-18-2012, 04:48 AM

Blind idiocy.

comerb
06-18-2012, 07:02 AM
im speechless

and retarded, we've already established this in the thread where you couldn't understand why Harden was called for a flop. Even Artest figured that one out, and the guy has the IQ of a box of rocks