PDA

View Full Version : chris palmer ‏1. MJ 2. Kobe. 3. Kareem 4. Magic 5. Bron

RazorBaLade
06-17-2012, 11:58 PM
When its all said and done.

Wow. This guy is a paid analyst?

jlauber
06-18-2012, 12:00 AM
His opinion is just as worthless as your's or mine.

StateOfMind12
06-18-2012, 12:00 AM
Sounds like a top 5 I would expect a random fan on the street to have, not a paid analyst.

RazorBaLade
06-18-2012, 12:01 AM
His opinion is just as worthless as your's or mine.

He gets paid for having his though. I don't get it.

lilgodfather1
06-18-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm not sure who Chris Palmer is. But he sounds like an idiot. If LeBron is going to be top 5 then he needs A LOT MORE RINGS, and if Kobe is going to be number two then he needs at least two more rings. So basically LeBron has to win this year, Kobe the next two, and then LeBron has to win every ring until he is 34 with every FMVP giving him 5 total. That is not going to happen lol.

jlauber
06-18-2012, 12:03 AM
He gets paid for having his though. I don't get it.

If you haven't figured it out yet, life is simply not fair. Hell, Bill Simmons, with absolutely no research, and filled with blatant lies, has sold books on the subject of basketball, ...of which he knows LESS than I do.

MetsPackers
06-18-2012, 12:04 AM
Kobe #2???

Had could you possibly even think that?

RazorBaLade
06-18-2012, 12:04 AM
I'm not sure who Chris Palmer is. But he sounds like an idiot. If LeBron is going to be top 5 then he needs A LOT MORE RINGS, and if Kobe is going to be number two then he needs at least two more rings. So basically LeBron has to win this year, Kobe the next two, and then LeBron has to win every ring until he is 34 with every FMVP giving him 5 total. That is not going to happen lol.

He didn't say what kobe will end up with but lebron 5 MVPs and 3 rings..

chazzy
06-18-2012, 12:05 AM
He consistently churns out stupid material. I remember him saying prime Kidd is a better player than Magic last year

ThaRegul8r
06-18-2012, 12:06 AM
I don't understand why this is supposed to be surprising in some way.

chips93
06-18-2012, 12:09 AM

Wow. This guy is a paid troll?

fixed

lilgodfather1
06-18-2012, 12:11 AM
He didn't say what kobe will end up with but lebron 5 MVPs and 3 rings..
It's not impossible, but it all depends on how he does it. If he wins three rings with 30/10/5 finals then he is not top 5, but if he wins three rings with 35/10/5 it is a lot better case.

Punpun
06-18-2012, 12:11 AM
MJ too high. KAJ too low. #1 Kaj #3 MJ, now that's more like it.

kurt_rambis
06-18-2012, 12:13 AM
who the hell is chris palmer

talkingconch
06-18-2012, 12:14 AM
Not happening unless Kobe can rack in 2 more rings, 2 FMVP's. Not even sure if thats enough. can't wait for kobe haters' responses to this :lol

jlauber
06-18-2012, 12:15 AM
who the hell is chris palmer

Whoever he is, I have NEVER heard of him. If someone is paying him for his opinions, then they are truly wasting their money.

OmniStrife
06-18-2012, 12:23 AM
Kobe at #2....

http://i.imgur.com/hLDrg.gif

jrong
06-18-2012, 12:46 AM

Amazing, isn't it? You have to sort through a lot of garbage on forums, but with the exception of a few notable writers, you can find much more substantive and insightful analysis on message boards than you will find from any professional sportswriters.

JtotheIzzo
06-18-2012, 12:47 AM

Does he have a Lakers flag on his car?

G-Funk
06-18-2012, 02:31 AM
sounds about right

d.bball.guy
06-18-2012, 02:36 AM
:lol

keepinitreal
06-18-2012, 02:37 AM
His opinion is worthless.

fixed

chris palmer tryin to become the next skip bayless?:lol

NumberSix
06-18-2012, 02:55 AM
Ahhhh, yes. Ring counting. Fantastic analysis.

OmniStrife
06-18-2012, 03:35 AM
Indeed.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_PwrPPc8VQRE/S8K6dNNgoII/AAAAAAAABOk/0OuE4Xa6IAE/s1600/rhory_adb_627_070614.jpg

Horatio33
06-18-2012, 04:00 AM
If you haven't figured it out yet, life is simply not fair. Hell, Bill Simmons, with absolutely no research, and filled with blatant lies, has sold books on the subject of basketball, ...of which he knows LESS than I do.

You know stats. That is all. You are never in your 50's. I never see you say "Then Wilt dropstepped to the basket for a layup", all I see is "Wilt had 50 and 25 in a season." And you lie more than anyone. You have been exposed more times than Jenna Jameson.

Floppy
06-18-2012, 05:58 AM
How can anyone still take analysts seriously after all the predictions they made last year? They get payed cause they polarize and generate hits and not cause of their supreme basketball knowledge.

DJ Leon Smith
06-18-2012, 06:02 AM
This is the same guy who said...

http://i48.tinypic.com/1giq9l.jpg

Owl
06-18-2012, 06:43 AM
I'm not sure that those two are where people have problems.

It's not impossible, but it all depends on how he does it. If he wins three rings with 30/10/5 finals then he is not top 5, but if he wins three rings with 35/10/5 it is a lot better case.
So not only do, shooting percentages, blocks, steals, defense, role and performance in the regular season, and role and performance in the playoffs in those years not matter at all to those rankings, but 5 points per game (over what could be as few as 12 games) is the decisive factor in where LeBron lands all time? Boy that is not remotely arbitrary.:rolleyes:

And yes analyses done by rings won, or player X needs at least Y rings to ranked in all time list range Z based analyses (without any regard to how the player actually plays) are also stupid.

Anyway yes this is an awful top 5.

Rake2204
06-18-2012, 10:53 AM
I am glad someone else feels the way I do.

GOBB
06-18-2012, 11:05 AM
Bron not top 10 let alone top 5 to me. With rankings criteria has to be set however.

Hilarious.

Xiao Yao You
06-18-2012, 11:09 AM

At least he didn't put Carmelo in there. I give him credit.

TheMan
06-18-2012, 12:52 PM

That's a list a 14 year old would make...ESPN throwing money away.

quick96
06-18-2012, 01:36 PM

Only player that belongs that list is Kobe "the G.O.A.T." Bryant. Chris Paul

and Rondo have a case too.

LeHype James? GTFO of here!

HA!

:rockon:

The Real JW
06-18-2012, 02:01 PM
Is this ranking NBA careers or individual talent?

t-rex
06-18-2012, 02:08 PM
Guys, you are doing exactly what he wants. "Talking about it."

04mzwach
06-18-2012, 02:23 PM

That's not crazy at all.

DirtySanchez
06-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Bron not top 10 let alone top 5 to me. With rankings criteria has to be set however.

Hilarious.

Sir Charles and Malone would beast....

DJ Leon Smith
06-18-2012, 02:51 PM
That's not crazy at all.

Explain how this team will run the Dream Team off the court when their "fast break" will start by taking the ball out of the net.

All Net
06-18-2012, 03:03 PM
If Lebron does win it all and wins a few more then top 5 is very possible.

boojitede
06-18-2012, 03:14 PM

only one guy on that list can shoot. :oldlol:

palmer is a known lebron slurper. I'm almost convinced he says stuff for shock purposes. Had a tweet earlier than lebron had 3 mvps at an earlier age than MJ..yet ignoring that by mjs 9th year in the league he already had 3 titles too. :biggums: :coleman:

CavaliersFTW
06-18-2012, 03:39 PM
lol, Lebron is "greater" than Wilt and Russell? And Larry Legend? :roll:

Bigsmoke
06-18-2012, 04:11 PM
i dont know who that is

04mzwach
06-18-2012, 05:17 PM
Explain how this team will run the Dream Team off the court when their "fast break" will start by taking the ball out of the net.
Sure, the fast break will come into play a lot. The Dream Team just doesn't have the defense to hold a team like this back.

1. Jordan is probably the only player with the foot speed to stay in front of Lebron unless you want to go with Pippen. Neither have the strength to avoid him from bullying past them or posting them up. You double and good luck buddy. Every player on the new team can hit a FIBA three, except maybe Rondo and Dwight. Lebron doesn't have to be the PG, but why not? He's just as quick as any PG they have on the Dream Team and plays better defense.
He can penetrate and draw doubles, and if there is no double. It's over. Going on to say, a lot of these guys could play the PG position just based off their ball handling and ability to penetrate, score, pass.

The new guys being more athletic, better ball handlers, better defenders, bigger, stronger and pretty much all in their primes doesn't hurt either. Durant = better version of Bird
Kobe = better version of Clyde for sure, arguably best scorer
Lebron = best all around defender out of all of the players
Dwight = best rebounder out of all, best rim protector

Not even worth going on...

NumberSix
06-18-2012, 05:19 PM
Somebody wants attention. Obvious Skip tactics.

bwink23
06-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Sure, the fast break will come into play a lot. The Dream Team just doesn't have the defense to hold a team like this back.

1. Jordan is probably the only player with the foot speed to stay in front of Lebron unless you want to go with Pippen. Neither have the strength to avoid him from bullying past them or posting them up. You double and good luck buddy. Every player on the new team can hit a FIBA three, except maybe Rondo and Dwight. Lebron doesn't have to be the PG, but why not? He's just as quick as any PG they have on the Dream Team and plays better defense.
He can penetrate and draw doubles, and if there is no double. It's over. Going on to say, a lot of these guys could play the PG position just based off their ball handling and ability to penetrate, score, pass.

The new guys being more athletic, better ball handlers, better defenders, bigger, stronger and pretty much all in their primes doesn't hurt either. Durant = better version of Bird

I agree....you're embarassing yourself. :hammerhead:

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
yup.

04mzwach
06-18-2012, 11:06 PM
I agree....you're embarassing yourself. :hammerhead:
More people should agree with me. They won't though because they've been brainwashed by the media, Dads and Grandpas I guess. It's a matter of respecting the original Dream Team though.

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2012, 12:26 AM

The idea that a team of Magic (greatest fastbreak PG ever), prime Jordan, Pippen, Drexler (three of the best open-court/fastbreak players ever), Malone (greatest running PF ever), Barkley (probably the best open-court PF ever in terms of handling/finishing/passing), and DRob (probably the best running center ever) would get "run off the court" is so laughable as to not be worthy of comment. They would also get DESTROYED inside with Ewing/DRob/Malone/Barkley against Howard and...who exactly?

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-19-2012, 12:41 AM

OMG. I hate myself for reading this post.
I will forever remember this poster. This was the dumbest part of an epically ignorant post:
"Lebron = best all around defender out of all of the players"

04mzwach
06-19-2012, 01:37 PM
The idea that a team of Magic (greatest fastbreak PG ever), prime Jordan, Pippen, Drexler (three of the best open-court/fastbreak players ever), Malone (greatest running PF ever), Barkley (probably the best open-court PF ever in terms of handling/finishing/passing), and DRob (probably the best running center ever) would get "run off the court" is so laughable as to not be worthy of comment. They would also get DESTROYED inside with Ewing/DRob/Malone/Barkley against Howard and...who exactly?
Magic wasn't even in his prime. Jordan, Pippen, Drexler are all slower than most of the players on the newer team. Malone? I'd take Melo or Dwight easily on the fast break. Why are you singling out the fast break? That's an advantage for the newer team. Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler...Defensive look is Dwight and Tyson in the paint or mix it up with Bosh/Chandler or Bosh/Dwight.

DJ Leon Smith
06-19-2012, 01:42 PM
Jordan, Pippen, Drexler are all slower than most of the players on the newer team.

I agree, only if you mean right now in 2012.

And bringing up Bosh/Chandler as something to throw at the Dream Team... wow.

http://i50.tinypic.com/2gub905.jpg

04mzwach
06-19-2012, 01:44 PM
OMG. I hate myself for reading this post.
I will forever remember this poster. This was the dumbest part of an epically ignorant post:
"Lebron = best all around defender out of all of the players"
Why? Because Pippen is better? Maybe. I watched Pippen his entire career. He doesn't have the size that Lebron has though. It's very debatable.

sacredcow
06-19-2012, 01:53 PM
There's a reason the first four letters of analyst are ****.

edit: wow really? that word is censored?

pauk
06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
If you throw out Kobe... then yea.. very possible...

I dont see Kobe getting 4 more MVPs and 4 more FMVPs and so on to knockout Kareem/Russell at this stage of his career....

stax
06-19-2012, 01:59 PM
Kobe at #2....

http://i.imgur.com/hLDrg.gif

:roll:

pauk
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1171687/kgface.gif

04mzwach
06-19-2012, 03:54 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1171687/kgface.gif
Best you can do? You can't just look at rings. I'm talking about an actual scrimmage. Past his prime Bird is better than current Durant? How?

Deuce Bigalow
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Larry Bird career: 6.3 APG, 3.1 TO
Kevin Durant career: 2.8 APG, 3.1 TO

Not even close

OldSchoolBBall
06-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Magic wasn't even in his prime. Jordan, Pippen, Drexler are all slower than most of the players on the newer team. Malone? I'd take Melo or Dwight easily on the fast break. Why are you singling out the fast break? That's an advantage for the newer team. Chris Bosh, Dwight Howard, Tyson Chandler...Defensive look is Dwight and Tyson in the paint or mix it up with Bosh/Chandler or Bosh/Dwight.

Sorry, but Jordan/Pippen/Drexler (in their 1992 forms) are slower than NO ONE in the open court. Give me a break and go watch some damn game footage. :oldlol:

04mzwach
06-19-2012, 04:24 PM
Larry Bird career: 6.3 APG, 3.1 TO
Kevin Durant career: 2.8 APG, 3.1 TO

Not even close
Great point. Bird was on a top team in his era and had great players surrounding him to share the scoring load. Meanwhile Durant is a better scoring talent with better ball handles. He's on a team without many guys who can either post up or shoot the ball so his scoring is way up. Bird, much shorter, much slower, way less talented scoring wise.

CavaliersFTW
06-19-2012, 04:24 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

The thinner '92 team has more footspeed than Lebron... if anything, footspeed is going to be their strength

04mzwach
06-19-2012, 04:26 PM
Sorry, but Jordan/Pippen/Drexler (in their 1992 forms) are slower than NO ONE in the open court. Give me a break and go watch some damn game footage. :oldlol:
In their era..

bwink23
06-19-2012, 04:29 PM
In their era..

Kobe's trainer Tim Grover (Jordan's former trainer) on MJ vs. Kobe or Lebron one one one:

Trainer Tim Grover (Attack Athletics in Chicago), who has trained Bryant, James and Michael Jordan: Hard to say. Kobe could back LeBron down, too. He's that strong. Don't put me in this spot. I'm not picking.

How about Jordan versus either man?

Grover:" Oh, Michael. No question. From a physical and mental standpoint, he's the best I've ever seen. If he were playing now, with the way the refs call everything, and with all the padding these guys wear, he'd average 40 or 50 a night if he wanted. "

:no:

04mzwach
06-19-2012, 04:32 PM
Kobe's trainer Tim Grover (Jordan's former trainer) on MJ vs. Kobe or Lebron one one one:

Trainer Tim Grover (Attack Athletics in Chicago), who has trained Bryant, James and Michael Jordan: Hard to say. Kobe could back LeBron down, too. He's that strong. Don't put me in this spot. I'm not picking.

Grover:" Oh, Michael. No question. From a physical and mental standpoint, he's the best I've ever seen. If he were playing now, with the way the refs call everything, and with all the padding these guys wear, he'd average 40 or 50 a night if he wanted. "

MJ against an the best of the best today? Those quotes are talking about MJ in today's league against NBA teams. Whose not to say that MJ scores 15 one night and 50 another? Not every team in the NBA has great defenses.

04mzwach
06-19-2012, 04:34 PM

Also, another thing. With today's media and everything. If he were to pick Kobe over MJ. People would be all over him. His credibility would be at risk. He wouldn't do it. People think too highly of Michael. I think very highly of Michael myself.

bwink23
06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
MJ against an the best of the best today? Those quotes are talking about MJ in today's league against NBA teams. Whose not to say that MJ scores 15 one night and 50 another? Not every team in the NBA has great defenses.

40-year old fatbutt, bum knees Jordan shot BETTER than a prime Kobe Bryant from 10-23ft in the 2002 and 2003 seasons....what do you think a PRIME MJ would do? :lol

Deuce Bigalow
06-19-2012, 04:37 PM
40-year old fatbutt, bum knees Jordan shot BETTER than a prime Kobe Bryant from 10-23ft in the 2002 and 2003 seasons....what do you think a PRIME MJ would do? :lol
His TS% was below 50. It was one of the worst 20ppg seasons of all-time in terms of efficiency :lol

bwink23
06-19-2012, 04:41 PM
His TS% was below 50. It was one of the worst 20ppg seasons of all-time in terms of efficiency :lol

Yep it was. He wasn't getting to the line at all and missing easy finishes around the rim.....He was a SHELL of his prime self. Yet still good enough to shoot better from mid-range than a young, prime Kobe Bryant. :cheers:

Deuce Bigalow
06-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Yep it was. He wasn't getting to the line at all and missing easy finishes around the rim.....He was a SHELL of his prime self. Yet still good enough to shoot better from mid-range than a young, prime Kobe Bryant. :cheers:
sub 50ts% :bowdown:

AceManIII
06-19-2012, 04:42 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: @ D.Howard/Chandler/Bosh handling D.Robinson/Ewing/Malone/Barkley

bwink23
06-19-2012, 04:46 PM
sub 50ts% :bowdown:

So was Allen Iverson, one of the star SG's of the time....:rolleyes:

SAD that a prime KB couldn't outshoot a fat has-been with no lift on his jumper from 70% of floor space....:pimp:

Deuce Bigalow
06-19-2012, 04:48 PM
So was Allen Iverson, one of the star SG's of the time....:rolleyes:

SAD that a prime KB couldn't outshoot a fat has-been with no lift on his jumper from 70% of floor space....:pimp:
Yeah because defenses played them both the same and they took the same amount of shots

bwink23
06-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Yeah because defenses played them both the same and they took the same amount of shots

:lol .....Kobe had Shaq sucking up defenses, who did Jordan have, Jahidi White?? And YES their shot attempts from 10-23 ft were EXTREMELY COMPARABLE....the reason Jordan's overall FG% was so low was he was living off of fadeaways and jumpers. He rarely could get to the basket due to being old and slow. When he did get there he missed many bunny shots that would be a GIVEN.

:pimp:

CavaliersFTW
06-19-2012, 05:00 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/603754/kobe-pau-fail2.gif

Kobe plays in a weak era :lol

Deuce Bigalow
06-19-2012, 05:03 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/603754/kobe-pau-fail2.gif

Kobe plays in a weak era :lol
Over/Under Kobe averages 60/10/5 in Wilt's era?

CavaliersFTW
06-19-2012, 05:12 PM
0/0/0 obviously

Kobe's black n Lakers already had a black star, Kobe would get snubbed from the team in favor of Jerry West :lol

Deuce Bigalow
06-19-2012, 05:15 PM
0/0/0 obviously

Kobe's black n Lakers already had a black star, Kobe would get snubbed from the team in favor of Jerry West :lol
Your mother's a whore

Legends66NBA7
06-19-2012, 05:17 PM
0/0/0 obviously

On a serious note, Kobe would be in the army reserves, like Baylor was, back in that time yes ?

Mach_3
06-19-2012, 05:36 PM
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

This topic is HILARIOUS

Smoke117
06-19-2012, 06:00 PM

Seriously, that's some of the dumbest shit I've ever read. Pippen with his huge strides in his athletic prime probably got from one end of the court to the other faster than any wing player ever. Jordan, Drexler, and Pippen are all top five open court players of all time. I don't think I ever read anything so stupid when that dumb ass 04mzwach said they would be too "slow".

Everything god damn thing 04mzwach said is stupid. Jordan is the only one with the foot speed to defend Lebron James? When did Lebron James become some kind of speed demon as far as quickness side to side? Pippen could easily stay in front of Lebron. Then you have the audacity to say Lebron James is the best all around defender...because Scottie Pippen disappeared from the original dream team? Lebron is no way in hell the best all around defensive player but a 1992 Scottie Pippen is. Funniest thing was how you said Dwight Howard is the best rim protector...hahahhahah...umm...David Robinson? The guy who just won the DPOY, who led the league in bpg averaging 4.5bpg, and the guy who missed 14 games that season yet still had the Spurs #1 in defense because of how dominant he was when he was on the court. Dwight Howard the best rim protector of the bunch!?...good ****ing laugh.

Doctor Rivers
04-16-2013, 10:10 PM
Wow

RoundMoundOfReb
04-16-2013, 10:14 PM
Way less points more rebounds and assists i think. 38/12/7 or something.

TheOne
04-16-2013, 10:15 PM
No way Kobe is No 2. Kobe is Malone with rings. Longevity but seldom being the best in game in his long career.

went_worth
04-16-2013, 10:25 PM
No way Kobe is No 2. Kobe is Malone with rings. Longevity but seldom being the best in game in his long career.

Kobe is now number 3 on his most recent tweet. With LeBron at 1 and MJ at 2. This Chris Palmer guy is hilarious. :oldlol:

sportjames23
04-16-2013, 10:32 PM

LOL, you's a fool.

It's funny how kids are tryin to prop Kareem up above MJ these days. Most of ya'll weren't even born when Cap was playing. For years, Kareem was mentioned in the Top 5 players of all time, but most didn't put him #1. Now, it seems like Laker fans (re: Kobe fans) want to push Cap as #1 because they know Kobe will never be seen as better than MJ, so they'll settle for Kareem so that someone in the Laker family will be thought of as #1. I remember for years it was Wilt who Laker fans tried to say was the GOAT, but now it's Kareem.

Lebron23
04-16-2013, 11:01 PM
1. Michael Jordan
2. Bill Russell
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
4. Magic Johnson
5. Larry Bird/Wilt Chamberlain