PDA

View Full Version : Erik Spoelstra runs on court, but no tech

kingBynum
06-18-2012, 01:15 AM
:roll: right in front of the ref too. WOW...The best Defense i've seen anyone play on Westbrook:oldlol:

http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/1190952/spod.gif

Haymaker
06-18-2012, 01:16 AM
He even boxed the ref out. :applause:

Velocirap31
06-18-2012, 01:17 AM
Not illegal. Players on the bench cannot do that though, instant tech and 1 game suspension.

Edit: Sorry for the buzz kill, you guys are just having fun with it.

dbugz
06-18-2012, 01:18 AM
Doc loves to do that too :oldlol: :oldlol:

kingBynum
06-18-2012, 01:18 AM
looks like he was trying to obscure the ref view:oldlol:

Haymaker
06-18-2012, 01:19 AM
Not illegal. Players on the bench cannot do that though, instant tech and 1 game suspension. At least deserves a warning to keep off the court.

talkingconch
06-18-2012, 01:19 AM
lmfao that was the funniest shit when i saw it live

but ****ing goof westbrook ruined it by missing the open shot

305Baller
06-18-2012, 01:20 AM
That was awesome. Spo is earning the cash on that one.

comerb
06-18-2012, 01:47 AM
To be fair I was hopping around and screaming just like Spo too. I couldn't believe they left him that wide open.

BTW, they don't call techs for that on coaches unless if they interfere with the play.

inclinerator
06-18-2012, 01:49 AM
spo with the clutch d

Lebron23
06-18-2012, 01:50 AM
spo with the clutch d

Master of the Mind Games. All Hail Eric Spoloestra.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 01:51 AM
Not illegal. Players on the bench cannot do that though, instant tech and 1 game suspension.

Edit: Sorry for the buzz kill, you guys are just having fun with it.
I think that's illegl. Especially when you step on the court on the same end that the gme is being played on. Coaches can't just run on the court.

andgar923
06-18-2012, 01:54 AM
To be fair I was hopping around and screaming just like Spo too. I couldn't believe they left him that wide open.

BTW, they don't call techs for that on coaches unless if they interfere with the play.
I mentioned it on another thread. He was screaming at Chalmers for flopping and not getting back on defense. Chalmers flopped on a screen and stood there waiting for a call, Spo upset jumped up and thus a gif.

TMT
06-18-2012, 01:54 AM
Might as well have stuck a hand in Westbrook's face. Joey Crawford would have been cool with it.

Cowboy Thunder
06-18-2012, 02:00 AM
:lol

Cowboy Thunder
06-18-2012, 02:01 AM

Goatbrook shoulda rocketed that ball straight into Spolestra's face.

Couldn't be a penalty on him. Doubt it would be a turnover either since a foreign person was on the court.

Xiengqichess
06-18-2012, 02:04 AM
If I were Westbrook, I would throw the ball hard on his head or face, and earn a foul on a three points shot!

imdaman99
06-18-2012, 02:06 AM

Goatbrook shoulda rocketed that ball straight into Spolestra's face.

Couldn't be a penalty on him. Doubt it would be a turnover either since a foreign person was on the court.
:roll: that wouldn't be so great for his deteriorating rep, but I'd approve :bowdown:

Xiengqichess
06-18-2012, 02:07 AM
Or Westbrook could throw himself on the coach and draw a foul.
Just make any contact ans pretend to shoot a three, got 3 free throws.

Cowboy Thunder
06-18-2012, 02:10 AM
Or Westbrook could throw himself on the coach and draw a foul.
Just make any contact ans pretend to shoot a three, got 3 free throws.
That's more legit. Too bad he didn't, that would have been epic bball IQ

Lebron23
06-18-2012, 02:21 AM
He's a Filipino. He can do whatever he wants. He can pee on the court, or fart in Kobe's face. Nobody will arrests him.

DJ Leon Smith
06-18-2012, 06:09 AM
Is illegal. Don't you remember this Jason Kidd incident from a few years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8KtMOnGvY

Section IV-The Coach and Others
a. The coach's position may be on or off the bench from the 28' hash mark to the baseline. They are permitted between the 28' hash mark and the midcourt line to relay information to players but must return to the bench side of the 28' hash mark immediately or be called for an non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. A coach is not permitted to cross the midcourt line and violators will be assessed an unsportsmanlike technical foul immediately.

d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
(1) Disrespectfully addressing an official
(2) Physically contacting an official
(3) Overt actions indicating resentment to a call
(4) Use of profanity
(5) A coach entering onto the court without permission of an official

Ketchup
06-18-2012, 06:12 AM
Is illegal. Don't you remember this Jason Kidd incident from a few years ago?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZB8KtMOnGvY

Section IV-The Coach and Others
a. The coach's position may be on or off the bench from the 28' hash mark to the baseline. They are permitted between the 28' hash mark and the midcourt line to relay information to players but must return to the bench side of the 28' hash mark immediately or be called for an non-unsportsmanlike technical foul. A coach is not permitted to cross the midcourt line and violators will be assessed an unsportsmanlike technical foul immediately.

d. A technical foul shall be assessed for unsportsmanlike tactics such as:
(1) Disrespectfully addressing an official
(2) Physically contacting an official
(3) Overt actions indicating resentment to a call
(4) Use of profanity
(5) A coach entering onto the court without permission of an official

Clearly the coach isn't allowed on the court. No one is arguing. The fact is, if it was called every game, there would be 3 techs a game just for that throughout the season.

And did Spo hit Westbrook like in the video you showed? No.

DJ Leon Smith
06-18-2012, 06:18 AM
Clearly the coach isn't allowed on the court. No one is arguing. The fact is, if it was called every game, there would be 3 techs a game just for that throughout the season.

And did Spo hit Westbrook like in the video you showed? No.

Not illegal.

Just because it's not called doesn't make it less illegal. It really should be called, especially in obvious cases like that. And you shouldn't have to charge into a ref on the court to get the call. Just another instance of how the NBA leaves itself open to bias/crooked ref allegations. David Stern, take a bow.

Jameerthefear
06-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Just because it's not called doesn't make it less illegal. It really should be called, especially in obvious cases like that. And you shouldn't have to charge into a ref on the court to get the call. Just another instance of how the NBA leaves itself open to bias/crooked ref allegations. David Stern, take a bow.
Youre complaining about something that has like no impact on the game.

DJ Leon Smith
06-18-2012, 06:36 AM
Youre complaining about something that has like no impact on the game.

Where was I complaining? I simply stated it should be called a tech according to the letter of the law.

If a player on the bench takes one step on the court during a fight it also has no impact on the game, yet he'll still be suspended for a game. The "no impact" thing isn't an argument, it's either part of the rules of the game or not.

jstern
06-18-2012, 06:41 AM
Just saw the play. It was like so nothing, I almost missed it. Only reason I noticed it was because I read this thread earlier.

BlueCrayon
06-18-2012, 07:25 AM
Westbrook should have done what Jason Kidd did to Mike Woodson.

Locked_Up_Tonight
06-18-2012, 07:47 AM
The only reason that Woodson got a T in that game was because Kidd made contact with Woodson. Had Westbrook made contact with Spo, instant T. In order for the refs to call it they have to interfere with the play through contact.

Just goes to show how high of basketball IQ Jason Kidd truly has....

Ketchup
06-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Where was I complaining? I simply stated it should be called a tech according to the letter of the law.

If a player on the bench takes one step on the court during a fight it also has no impact on the game, yet he'll still be suspended for a game. The "no impact" thing isn't an argument, it's either part of the rules of the game or not.

The rule for the players is there to stop melee's and fights like we saw in New York, etc.

This has no impact on the game, has never been called before, why do fans start complaining now? Because it's the Heat. What a load of sour pusses in here. Get over it you weak c*nts.

coin24
06-18-2012, 08:38 AM
Spo:bowdown: Bout time he got his coaching on:oldlol:

Understandable, a minute to go and you leave a guy like westbrook wide open for a 3:facepalm

I wish he ran on the floor and strangled Wade, turn the ball over, then launch a contested brick the next posession... WTF is wrong with that guy this season:facepalm

tmacattack33
06-18-2012, 10:42 AM
Miami having versatile defenders like Wade, Lebron, and Battier allows them to switch a lot and not have the result be a huge mismatch.

But i also think it hurts them sometimes when they confused of whether or not to switch. And in some possessions, the same person will end up switching like 2 or 3 times. It's probably ridiculously confusing for them.

That play right there was ridiculous and Westbrook should have hit that wide open shot.

04mzwach
06-18-2012, 01:41 PM
That might of messed up Westbrook's shot. Big deal.

OKCThunderUP
06-18-2012, 02:30 PM
Might as well have stuck a hand in Westbrook's face. Joey Crawford would have been cool with it.

^^

All Net
06-18-2012, 03:10 PM

Was great D.

Alamo
06-18-2012, 03:14 PM
Amare Stoudemire take notes

d.bball.guy
06-18-2012, 03:27 PM
:bowdown: :bowdown: That D force Westbrook to miss that shot! WOW! :applause:

flipogb
06-18-2012, 03:40 PM
communicating with the team
boxing out
playing defense

DuMa
06-18-2012, 03:58 PM
dat reaction time

Cowboy Thunder
06-18-2012, 04:45 PM
I like how as Westbrook gets into his shooting motion he instinctively raises his hands and closes in yelling.

t-rex
06-18-2012, 05:42 PM
Could it be argued that he was distracting the shooter?

comerb
06-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Could it be argued that he was distracting the shooter?

Only if your retarded. He was 8-10 feet away and behind him.

bagelred
06-18-2012, 10:53 PM
This is because in American basketball there's NO ROOM ON THE SIDELINES!!!

Why everything is so crowded is beyond me.

Look at this EuroLeague game. Look how all the sidelines and baselines have plenty of room for coaches, officials, players to manuever. That's the way it should be.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P5Me-HCYnTc&feature=results_main&playnext=1&list=PLF7E923EC3B668F2D

TheFan
06-18-2012, 10:54 PM
definitively it should be illegal, he blocked a possible passing lane...

FireDavidKahn
06-18-2012, 10:57 PM
definitively it should be illegal, he blocked a possible passing lane...
A passing lane to Joey Crawford?

D.J.
06-18-2012, 11:04 PM

That's only if there's an altercation.

comerb
06-18-2012, 11:06 PM

:cheers:

TheFan
06-18-2012, 11:06 PM

Thabbo was in the corner.

I don't think he should be allowed to do that.