PDA

View Full Version : Bulls possibly moving Luol Deng

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:24 PM
There have been many mentions in the Chicago Tribune, Daily Herald(Chicago's Suburban paper), Suntimes, and many other online websites that the Bulls are open to possibly trading Luol Deng for a lottery pick/s and a young player.

The hot topic amongst all trade rumors is Luol Deng/ Bulls 31st and/or Bobcats future 1st for Sac's #5 and Tyreke Evans.

For me personally, that is a no brainer for the Bulls. On the other hand I know many Bulls fans that wouldn't do the trade because Luol Deng has proven himself much more than Tyreke Evans, who has regressed in the last year or 2 w/ out a true position to play. The #5 pick is nice, but no one knows for sure that it will pan out to be a future all-star or anything of the sorts.

The thinking on this trade is the Bulls get a little cap room and 2 young potential loaded players to add to the core of Rose/Noah/Gibson/Asik for the future w/ Boozer still being around at least next season.

The Kings get a 27 year old fringe all-star two way player that helps change the culture in Sacramento, is a positive presence in the locker room to the young players. The Kings also have made it known that a contract extension for Tyreke isn't likely and they made let him walk in FA when he becomes an RFA. The Kings already like some other young players in the core in D-Cuz, Thomas, Thornton, Hickson, Thompson. Deng would be a welcomed addition and is relatively young still and has a larger contract but only 2 seasons left on it.

Thoughts on if the Bulls should trade Deng and for what type of package???

SilkkTheShocker
06-18-2012, 08:25 PM
The Bulls are re-building becuase their front office knows they can't beat the Heat.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:27 PM
The Bulls are re-building becuase their front offic knows they can't beat the Heat.

Says the guy who makes a 1000 retarded threads and who's opinion no one respects....

Next.

guy
06-18-2012, 08:28 PM
I read about this earlier and thought WTF, but if its for Tyreke and the pick, then I don't know. Probably wouldn't do it just cause I'm a Deng fan, but I'm not a GM and I could see why they would.

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 08:28 PM
trade loul while his value is up. i think it also has to do with a disagreement between him wanting to play in the olympics or getting surgery on his hand to be ready for next season.

Rose
06-18-2012, 08:29 PM
I'm all for the new rebuild, with a youth movement given the current state of the team/it's future. But trading Deng for Tyreke+5 is not a good trade. Tyreke can't shoot for shit. And the ONLY lottery pick guy they've interviewed is Barnes. So I really really really don't like this idea at all.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:32 PM
I read about this earlier and thought WTF, but if its for Tyreke and the pick, then I don't know. Probably wouldn't do it just cause I'm a Deng fan, but I could see why they would.

Im a huge Luol fan too but we have to look to make moves since the ACL tear heard round the world completely changes the future of the Bulls.

We are no longer title contenders next season IMO. With Rose/Deng/Noah/Boozer taking up virtually all the cap space, one of them has to be moved now or the Bulls will stand pat and will have no flexibility going forward. The Bulls have no flexibility right now, and thats why they are going to lose some combo of Cj Watson, Brewer, and Korver THIS SUMMER, and possibly Asik if another teams wildly overpays the young center.

Rose and Noah are keepers. No one will trade for Boozers ridiculous crippling contract. That leaves Deng. Id love to keep him but his value after an all-star season is as high as it will be, probably for the rest of his career.

Tough times for the Bulls org, gotta make some tough moves that will hurt the heart but will improve the team for the future. Deng is a really good 2way player, but he is not irreplaceable.

jalbert009
06-18-2012, 08:34 PM
Bulls Send Hamilton, Deng & Pick 29
They Get Evans, Ridnour & Pick 5

Kings Send Evans & Pick 5
They Get Deng & Pick 18

Wolves Send Ridnour & Pick 18
They Get Hamilton & Pick 29

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:34 PM
I'm all for the new rebuild, with a youth movement given the current state of the team/it's future. But trading Deng for Tyreke+5 is not a good trade. Tyreke can't shoot for shit. And the ONLY lottery pick guy they've interviewed is Barnes. So I really really really don't like this idea at all.

Ive discussed the problem of Tyreke's shooting with some friends. Its a tough situation. On the other hand, he can create and play spot minutes at the 1 through the 3. His playmaking ability is a much needed skill on this Bulls team who completely lacks playmakers. The 5th pick would need to be Barnes, Beal, or Lamb. T-Robinson looks like a beast and will be gone by 5.

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 08:35 PM
rose should be back by mid season next year btw.

Kurosawa0
06-18-2012, 08:36 PM
Says the guy who makes a 1000 retarded threads and who's opinion no one respects....

Next.

He may be annoying, but he's not really wrong.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:37 PM
rose should be back by mid season next year btw.

Yeah but I hope you understand that we can't count on him being the D-Rose we are accustomed to. After he is "healthy" enough to play again, it will take more months to trust his knee and body, and also to get back to game speed, shooting touch, etc.

Next year the Bulls will not win a title. We have to understand this and make moves accordingly.

lilgodfather1
IMO not a bad idea. With Rose's injury there is a chance that they could add a lotto pick to their core next season as well.

In '13 - '14 they could run out

Rose
Evans
Barnes
Len
Noah

pretty damn young.

NumberSix

Next.
Well, did they?

G-train
06-18-2012, 08:38 PM
They may need an Evans like player to take the pressure off Rose, who may lack his full explosive driving ability for a couple of seasons.

I doubt the Kings give up a 5th pick and Evans for Deng though. Seems too much, Evans still has a little star potential.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:39 PM
He may be annoying, but he's not really wrong.

Easy to say when Rose got injured and the Bulls didn't even get a chance they could beat the Heat in a series a 2nd time around.

The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games, guess what? A healthy Bulls squad is much better than the aged Celtics, and I respect the hell out of that team.

Do you have anything to mention about Deng and a trade or just trying to derail things?

And no, he's wrong all the time. He is a troll who brings down this board on a daily basis.

guy
06-18-2012, 08:39 PM
Im a huge Luol fan too but we have to look to make moves since the ACL tear heard round the world completely changes the future of the Bulls.

We are no longer title contenders next season IMO. With Rose/Deng/Noah/Boozer taking up virtually all the cap space, one of them has to be moved now or the Bulls will stand pat and will have no flexibility going forward. The Bulls have no flexibility right now, and thats why they are going to lose some combo of Cj Watson, Brewer, and Korver THIS SUMMER, and possibly Asik if another teams wildly overpays the young center.

Rose and Noah are keepers. No one will trade for Boozers ridiculous crippling contract. That leaves Deng. Id love to keep him but his value after an all-star season is as high as it will be, probably for the rest of his career.

Tough times for the Bulls org, gotta make some tough moves that will hurt the heart but will improve the team for the future. Deng is a really good 2way player, but he is not irreplaceable.

I could also see Evans turn into the star alot of us thought he would be based off his rookie year in a winning situation playing with Rose and Noah and playing under Thibs.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
IMO not a bad idea. With Rose's injury there is a chance that they could add a lotto pick to their core next season as well.

In '13 - '14 they could run out

Rose
Evans
Barnes
Len
Noah

pretty damn young.

Yeah the possibility of an additional lottery pick has been discussed before. The thing is though, the Bulls next season will still have enough talent and a great Coach in Thibodeau, that will make sure they aren't a lottery team.

Brujesino
06-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Warriors should try to jump on this.Im not sure who we would send to the bulls besides the #7 pick but they would have to take either Biedrins or Jeffersons contract to make it work.

SilkkTheShocker
06-18-2012, 08:42 PM
Easy to say when Rose got injured and the Bulls didn't even get a chance they could beat the Heat in a series a 2nd time around.

The Celtics took the Heat to 7 games, guess what? A healthy Bulls squad is much better than the aged Celtics, and I respect the hell out of that team.

Do you have anything to mention about Deng and a trade or just trying to derail things?

And no, he's wrong all the time. He is a troll who brings down this board on a daily basis.

Did you forget the part where Miami was missing Bosh for the Pacers and majority of the Boston series? The same Bosh that absolutely sh1t on the Bulls last season? Its not like D-Rose improved either. What were the odds of him going off on Lebron? Not good.

Rose
Ive discussed the problem of Tyreke's shooting with some friends. Its a tough situation. On the other hand, he can create and play spot minutes at the 1 through the 3. His playmaking ability is a much needed skill on this Bulls team who completely lacks playmakers. The 5th pick would need to be Barnes, Beal, or Lamb. T-Robinson looks like a beast and will be gone by 5.
To me I think he's a small forward, he played there in high school ALOT. And then Cal had him run the point because as he's shown, he's a pretty solid passer. Not great, but can set guys up at times. I agree we need playmakers and guys who can get their own shots, but I really don't like the idea of him here.

I think he can work, because Rose obviously isn't going to be a 7 out of 10 times driver anymore. He's finally going to have to use his nice midrange game more(it's sad that he does have to rely on it more now but good in that it will help his development) and that might help Tyreke, but I don't know if he can be that good working that way. Maybe he can and maybe that backcourt?!?!!? can work. Who knows?

Although in a way I do like the trade because if he doesn't fit well you can trade him at the deadline because with Rose out, that leaves him open to play really any 1-3 position and find his fit. Maybe some other team takes a gamble on him. And if he fits you just give him a nice extension in the offseason.

Dengness9
Well, did they?

They didn't even play these playoffs because of injuries, so i have no idea what you are asking....

And you are a Lebron troll so of course you would come in here like a bitch

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 08:43 PM
Yeah but I hope you understand that we can't count on him being the D-Rose we are accustomed to. After he is "healthy" enough to play again, it will take more months to trust his knee and body, and also to get back to game speed, shooting touch, etc.

Next year the Bulls will not win a title. We have to understand this and make moves accordingly.

not really, you dont know how well he will recover, i never believed it would take him more than 10 months to recover from that injury. hes a normal sized human being hes not a basketball freak that heals oddly like greg oden.

a bulls team with a 80 percent rose could still win the title, his presence just needs to be on the court

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:44 PM
They may need an Evans like player to take the pressure off Rose, who may lack his full explosive driving ability for a couple of seasons.

I doubt the Kings give up a 5th pick and Evans for Deng though. Seems too much, Evans still has a little star potential.

I tend to agree that it seems to be a little too much for Deng, but depending on if the Bobcats future first that looks pretty good still is included, it might not be too much.

From what Ive gathered from Sac news and fans, the organization has really cooled on Reke.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:45 PM
I could also see Evans turn into the star alot of us thought he would be based off his rookie year in a winning situation playing with Rose and Noah and playing under Thibs.

Thats what I think would happen too. Get him w/ a more stable franchise w/ a great coach and great teammates.... then you can reach your true potential.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:46 PM
Did you forget the part where Miami was missing Bosh for the Pacers and majority of the Boston series? The same Bosh that absolutely sh1t on the Bulls last season? Its not like D-Rose improved either. What were the odds of him going off on Lebron? Not good.

Do you have any ideas on a Deng trade or just trolling?

The thread title wasn't anything to do w/ the Miami Heat. Acting like a douche as normal. You have to post on ISH's where there is little to no moderating because you can't stop yourself from trolling and making daily threads to make yourself feel important. Whatever, go get ****ed.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 08:47 PM
I like it. Id miss Deng, but evans can definatly create his own shot. And he can run a little PG. I didnt know he was 6'6 though.

How well does Evans play defense?

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:48 PM
Warriors should try to jump on this.Im not sure who we would send to the bulls besides the #7 pick but they would have to take either Biedrins or Jeffersons contract to make it work.

A lot of Warriors Bulls trade talk on RealGM(a website I go to more than ISH now because of moderating). Bulls like the 7th pick but to take on one of those other contracts really doesn't benefit the Bulls enough to pull the trigger.

I know the Warriors would love to get their hands on Deng to pair w/ Bogut, Lee, Steph Curry, Klay Thompson.

Just doesn't do enough for the Bulls unfortunately.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 08:49 PM
not really, you dont know how well he will recover, i never believed it would take him more than 10 months to recover from that injury. hes a normal sized human being hes not a basketball freak that heals oddly like greg oden.

a bulls team with a 80 percent rose could still win the title, his presence just needs to be on the court
They couldnt beat miami with Rose being 100%. And if what you say is true, an d Rose is only 80% healed, why would you want to risk that? Lets allow him to be 100% ready and healed.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
To me I think he's a small forward, he played there in high school ALOT. And then Cal had him run the point because as he's shown, he's a pretty solid passer. Not great, but can set guys up at times. I agree we need playmakers and guys who can get their own shots, but I really don't like the idea of him here.

I think he can work, because Rose obviously isn't going to be a 7 out of 10 times driver anymore. He's finally going to have to use his nice midrange game more(it's sad that he does have to rely on it more now but good in that it will help his development) and that might help Tyreke, but I don't know if he can be that good working that way. Maybe he can and maybe that backcourt?!?!!? can work. Who knows?

Although in a way I do like the trade because if he doesn't fit well you can trade him at the deadline because with Rose out, that leaves him open to play really any 1-3 position and find his fit. Maybe some other team takes a gamble on him. And if he fits you just give him a nice extension in the offseason.

Good post

G-train
06-18-2012, 08:50 PM
I'd probably hold on Deng, and get him to play some point forward and see how that goes.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:51 PM

Hey man, listen, I appreciate your confidence in the Bulls but if you still think the Bulls could win a title w/ an 80% Rose or whatever percent Rose coming back midseason from a major knee injury, I just think you're setting yourself up for major disappointment.

This coming from one of the biggest Bulls homers on the planet.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I like it. Id miss Deng, but evans can definatly create his own shot. And he can run a little PG. I didnt know he was 6'6 though.

How well does Evans play defense?

Sounds like my thought process. Evans isn't a great to probably even good defender yet but who cares when you have the physical tools to be a GREAT defender.

Get him on the Bulls w/ Thibs defensive teachings and Tyreke will play D.

outbreak
06-18-2012, 08:53 PM
I like this for both teams.

Bulls could draft Barnes and run a solid line up with Evans taking over some of Rose's scoring if he's lost a step.
Kings would get someone with experience and a top defender which would help DMC and Thornton out.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:55 PM
I'd probably hold on Deng, and get him to play some point forward and see how that goes.

It'd be nice if he could do some Pip type point forward work for the Bulls but i have watch Deng since he was a freshmen at Duke, and he can't play the point position. No way no how.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 08:56 PM

Bulls could draft Barnes and run a solid line up with Evans taking over some of Rose's scoring if he's lost a step.
Kings would get someone with experience and a top defender which would help DMC and Thornton out.

:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

G-train
06-18-2012, 08:57 PM
It'd be nice if he could do some Pip type point forward work for the Bulls but i have watch Deng since he was a freshmen at Duke, and he can't play the point position. No way no how.

Not necessarily dribble the ball up, but just get the ball in his hands more, increase usage to make plays.
I just feel the bulls lose way too much defensively in an Evans/Deng swap, I'd exhaust a few system tweaks before making the trade.

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
They couldnt beat miami with Rose being 100%. And if what you say is true, an d Rose is only 80% healed, why would you want to risk that? Lets allow him to be 100% ready and healed.

well actually when i say 80 percent, i mean 80 percent of what he used to be. not actually meaning 80 percent healthy.

and rose was not 100 percent last season in the POs, rose twisted his ankle twice against the pacers. and even if he was 100 percent you dont htink he could shoot better than 30 percent next time?

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 08:58 PM
Lol you beat me too it. Deng can not handle the point. Not even in a pinch.

G-train
06-18-2012, 08:59 PM

I don't see it happening, no way Kings give up 5th pick and Evans for Deng. I don't even think they would do Evans for Deng straight up, its just all theory and discussion atm.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 09:02 PM
well actually when i say 80 percent, i mean 80 percent of what he used to be. not actually meaning 80 percent healthy.

and rose was not 100 percent last season in the POs, rose twisted his ankle twice against the pacers. and even if he was 100 percent you dont htink he could shoot better than 30 percent next time?
I absolutely do. But as much as i hate to admit it, in my opiniion, the Bulls arent good enough to beat the Heat in a series. Even with a healthy Rose.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Not necessarily dribble the ball up, but just get the ball in his hands more, increase usage to make plays.
I just feel the bulls lose way too much defensively in an Evans/Deng swap, I'd exhaust a few system tweaks before making the trade.
Deng cant create his own shot. He had that chance last year. He needs to feed off of other players. The Bulls already have too many of those types.

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 09:04 PM
Hey man, listen, I appreciate your confidence in the Bulls but if you still think the Bulls could win a title w/ an 80% Rose or whatever percent Rose coming back midseason from a major knee injury, I just think you're setting yourself up for major disappointment.

This coming from one of the biggest Bulls homers on the planet.

were you one of those bulls fans that thought beasley would have been a better choice than rose?:roll:

shows how much you know.

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 09:07 PM
I absolutely do. But as much as i hate to admit it, in my opiniion, the Bulls arent good enough to beat the Heat in a series. Even with a healthy Rose.

wow, you couldnt be more far off. you just shamed yourself as a bulls fan.

G-train
06-18-2012, 09:08 PM
Deng cant create his own shot. He had that chance last year. He needs to feed off of other players. The Bulls already have too many of those types.

He also played with stuffed wrist most of last year, but was still pretty good offensively. Once wrist is healed, I would give him extra responsibility prior to trading him.

I foresee a regression with a Evans/Deng swap, the Bulls were pretty decent without Rose last season, with a main reason being defence.

Deng is a 10/10 defender, Evans a 2/10, and a -1/10 guarding a 3.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 09:11 PM

Very valid point. Bulls would definitely lose something defensively. at least next season til Tyreke can reach some of the defensive potential he has.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 09:11 PM
I don't see it happening, no way Kings give up 5th pick and Evans for Deng. I don't even think they would do Evans for Deng straight up, its just all theory and discussion atm.
I thought it was the Bulls pick, and Deng along with that Bobcats pick for Evans and the fifth pick. That sounds more than fair if the Bobcats keep going down the same road.

You think Evans is better than Deng? I dont. But i think Evans would suit the Bulls offensively. But im concerned about the lack of defense wed be aquiring. I think theyre about even. Both players just bring different things to the table. Deng has that great man defense, rebounding, and jumpshooting. While Evans can create his own shot off the dribble, and be a PG in a pinch.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 09:13 PM

Just saying, a lot of this was rumored out of Sacramento because the Kings SEVERELY need a all-star type veteran player instead of adding another lottery pick to a young and somewhat dysfunctional team.

And it also speaks to how little faith Sacramento may have in Tyreke after watching him regress 2 years in a row.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 09:18 PM
were you one of those bulls fans that thought beasley would have been a better choice than rose?:roll:

shows how much you know.

Alright, now you get the attacking asshole Dengness9.

Youre a f'ing idiot because, IF YOU WANT, you can go back in time on this forum and see how I pleaded with a ton of Bulls fans that Rose was the only choice to make. I have been watching Rose since HS and knew how special he was since he was 16.

Don't call me out on shit that you have no idea on, like my stance of drafting beasley over Rose. I couldn't have been a bigger advocate of drafting Rose. I had to even tell all these fans that BEASLEY WAS NOT A 4 in the NBA!!!

You don't know shit about me or my opinions on the Bulls if you are coming at me like this. Keep talking your 80% bullshit. I wasn't even talking shit to you, just said you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

It's A VC3!!!
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
The Bulls are actually asking for a very solid trade. They might as well try and get rid of Boozer and Rip too. They really need a legitimate second option who can be a first option. Memphis is looking to get rid of Rudy Gay but the Bulls would need some magic to acquire him.

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 09:24 PM
Alright, now you get the attacking asshole Dengness9.

Youre a f'ing idiot because, IF YOU WANT, you can go back in time on this forum and see how I pleaded with a ton of Bulls fans that Rose was the only choice to make. I have been watching Rose since HS and knew how special he was since he was 16.

Don't call me out on shit that you have no idea on, like my stance of drafting beasley over Rose. I couldn't have been a bigger advocate of drafting Rose. I had to even tell all these fans that BEASLEY WAS NOT A 4 in the NBA!!!

You don't know shit about me or my opinions on the Bulls if you are coming at me like this. Keep talking your 80% bullshit. I wasn't even talking shit to you, just said you were setting yourself up for disappointment.

shame, good luck with tyreke evans, true bulls fan dont even stand by the guy that brought back the franchise, would replace him with another guy and not even believe in him. im sure derrick rose is in the gym everyday working hard to recover to please people like you. do you think rose is really in the gym believing hes not comming back next season and having a chance to win at all? :roll:

Pointguard
06-18-2012, 09:25 PM

Great Post. Pretty much sizes up the whole problem. I agree with you. Kind of have to do it.

It doesn't follow the tradtional train of thought - mimick the strengths of the top two contenders and keep a guy that can guard great SF. The Bulls could have a small window of opportunity that Gilchrist or Barnes can be stars at the SF or capable of guarding great SF's or that Drummund could be a top two center. Staying the way they are won't do them any good. You have to do it.

G-train
06-18-2012, 09:30 PM
You think Evans is better than Deng? I dont.

Deng has peaked, Evans has star potential still. His regression is mostly injury related. When healthy he is near unstoppable at times.

iDunk
06-18-2012, 09:30 PM
Luol Deng

for

#8 pick
Jose Calderon
Gary Forbes

OR

Luol Deng

for

#7 pick
Dorrel Wright
Andris Biedrins

Who says no & why?

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 09:54 PM
wow, you couldnt be more far off. you just shamed yourself as a bulls fan.
I wish I could agree with you Nate. And I hope I am wrong if they do get into a series vs the Heat. But after what I saw against Philly, I just dont think they can beat the Heat. I thought theyd get past philly even without Rose and Noah. Both the Bulls and the Sixers are evenly matched, but id still give a slight edge to the Bulls as far as talent.

PG. Watson is equal to Holiday. Maybe id give a slight edge for Holiday.
SG. Hamiton is equal to Turner
SF. Deng is equal to Iggy
PF. Boozer is slightly better than Brand
C. Asik is equal to Hawes

Id give the edge to the Bulls when it comes to the bench.
Korver
Gibson
Brewer
Lucas

Young
Williams
Allen
Meeks

RoseCity07
06-18-2012, 09:56 PM
I don't think the Bulls could win anyway with a healthy Derrick Rose. Bulls would get swept by the Thunder.

You can't win with Noah and Boozer in your frontcourt. They need to get someone better than Boozer.

Kurosawa0
06-18-2012, 10:01 PM

It doesn't work that way. If Miami beats OKC in 5 does that mean that Boston and Indiana were better teams than the Thunder? Obviously not.

The problem for the Bulls is that Miami is always going to have 3 of the 4 best players in the series. Boozer is never going to change that like he was supposed to.

Rose getting hurt was a killer, but it would be a mistake to sit back and just roll with this group another year. The need to pick Deng or Noah to trade and try to bring back another impact player.

G-train
06-18-2012, 10:07 PM
I don't think the Bulls could win anyway with a healthy Derrick Rose. Bulls would get swept by the Thunder.

You can't win with Noah and Boozer in your frontcourt. They need to get someone better than Boozer.

Noah and boozer are better than Bosh and role players. ;-)

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 10:07 PM
Deng has peaked, Evans has star potential still. His regression is mostly injury related. When healthy he is near unstoppable at times.
Isnt Deng only 26? And didnt you just post that theres still untapped potential in Deng if the Bulls would just utilize him more? I mean, he avg 18/8 and is an all defense player. How good do you think Evans can be?

G-train
06-18-2012, 10:09 PM
It doesn't work that way. If Miami beats OKC in 5 does that mean that Boston and Indiana were better teams than the Thunder? Obviously not.

The problem for the Bulls is that Miami is always going to have 3 of the 4 best players in the series. Boozer is never going to change that like he was supposed to.

Rose getting hurt was a killer, but it would be a mistake to sit back and just roll with this group another year. The need to pick Deng or Noah to trade and try to bring back another impact player.

I'd definitely roll with the same group.
So good defensively, and Rose can slot back in.
I actually think Boozer and Deng can take a little extra responsibility next season and meet the challenge.

iDunk
06-18-2012, 10:09 PM
I wish I could agree with you Nate. And I hope I am wrong if they do get into a series vs the Heat. But after what I saw against Philly, I just dont think they can beat the Heat. I thought theyd get past philly even without Rose and Noah. Both the Bulls and the Sixers are evenly matched, but id still give a slight edge to the Bulls as far as talent.

Korver
Gibson
Brewer
Lucas

Young
Williams
Allen
Meeks
Holiday >>>> Watson
Turner = Hamilton
Iguodala << Deng
Brand << Boozer
Asik <<<< Hawes

76ers bench >>>>>>> Bulls bench

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 10:11 PM
shame, good luck with tyreke evans, true bulls fan dont even stand by the guy that brought back the franchise, would replace him with another guy and not even believe in him. im sure derrick rose is in the gym everyday working hard to recover to please people like you. do you think rose is really in the gym believing hes not comming back next season and having a chance to win at all? :roll:

I have stood by Deng as long as he has been a Chicago Bull. Things change bro. Cant think w/ your heart at times like these.

One of our large contracts has to go and its Deng who unfortunately is the player we can move that hurts us the least and we can get back the most at the same time. We can't get fair value for Noah unless its for Dwight. Booz won't be traded cuz no one will take him.

Dont paint me as some traitor Bulls fan. **** you. I watched every season from 90' til now. I never jumped ship when the Bulls were a laughingstock for almost a decade after the dynasty.

Rose can believe anything he wants to, the kid isn't gonna have the same outlook on his situation as me, some random nobody fan.

Oh and i dug up one of about 500 posts i made here in 2008 leading into the drafting of Derrick Rose.... Read this you punk.... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF BULLS FAN I AM. I AM SO MUCH MORE HARDCORE THAN YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF. YOU SHOULD SEE THE DYNASTY TAT ON MY LEFT ARM, OR THE CHICAGO SKYLINE ON THE SAME ARM.

Heres this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008#1
Life long bulls fan, and I feel I may not even tune in next year. Pax gave into the ignorant Chicago media, whom received there idea of endorsing Rose, from the fans in the city. If the team goes into next season endorsing the CORE, we will be in for another long season. Pax should have moved some of these players tonight.(deng, gordon) We could have blown this team up and started over with a few young draft picks ala Portland. Beasley was the player to build around.(Best player in the draft hands down). We will get minimal return for hinrich or gordon. The other teams in the league know we need to move one, therefore they have the upper hand. I am really pissed, so sorry for the rant on my first post.

p.s. beasley was the scorer we need, even if he does not turn into a great nba post player.

Dengness9 Wrote

"When you see Derrick Rose maximize the talent on this roster, I guess then you'll understand Rose IS the player to build around. He is phenomenal and I think you just need to research more and watch more video.

BY THE WAY... Deng and Gordon can't be traded until July 1st because they are restricted free agents and I think the Bulls have to wait Hinrich too until July 1st because he is BYC player.

The Bulls will make a deal and you have to be patient. You really need to relax.

IF YOU A LIFE LONG BULLS FAN, THIS WOULD BE THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO TUNE OUT."

G-train
06-18-2012, 10:12 PM
Isnt Deng only 26? And didnt you just post that theres still untapped potential in Deng if the Bulls would just utilize him more? I mean, he avg 18/8 and is an all defense player. How good do you think Evans can be?

Evans 23 in Sep, Deng 28 in April.
No, I did not say there was untapped potential. I said I would give him more responsibility in the system. you might get some more production out of him, without an increase in his overall ability.

Evans has the potential to average 23/6/6 and be a multi allstar. He is basically mini lebron on offence when healthy.

G-train
06-18-2012, 10:15 PM

Korver
Gibson
Brewer
Lucas

Young
Williams
Allen
Meeks

Man oh man, Turner and Holiday are much much better than Watson and Rip. You cannot be serious.
76ers have clear bench advantage to me as well. Meanwhile Boozer is much better than Brand.

nathanjizzle
06-18-2012, 10:18 PM
I have stood by Deng as long as he has been a Chicago Bull. Things change bro. Cant think w/ your heart at times like these.

One of our large contracts has to go and its Deng who unfortunately is the player we can move that hurts us the least and we can get back the most at the same time. We can't get fair value for Noah unless its for Dwight. Booz won't be traded cuz no one will take him.

Dont paint me as some traitor Bulls fan. **** you. I watched every season from 90' til now. I never jumped ship when the Bulls were a laughingstock for almost a decade after the dynasty.

Rose can believe anything he wants to, the kid isn't gonna have the same outlook on his situation as me, some random nobody fan.

Oh and i dug up one of about 500 posts i made here in 2008 leading into the drafting of Derrick Rose.... Read this you punk.... YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF BULLS FAN I AM. I AM SO MUCH MORE HARDCORE THAN YOU HAVE ANY IDEA OF. YOU SHOULD SEE THE DYNASTY TAT ON MY LEFT ARM, OR THE CHICAGO SKYLINE ON THE SAME ARM.

Heres this....
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2008#1
Life long bulls fan, and I feel I may not even tune in next year. Pax gave into the ignorant Chicago media, whom received there idea of endorsing Rose, from the fans in the city. If the team goes into next season endorsing the CORE, we will be in for another long season. Pax should have moved some of these players tonight.(deng, gordon) We could have blown this team up and started over with a few young draft picks ala Portland. Beasley was the player to build around.(Best player in the draft hands down). We will get minimal return for hinrich or gordon. The other teams in the league know we need to move one, therefore they have the upper hand. I am really pissed, so sorry for the rant on my first post.

p.s. beasley was the scorer we need, even if he does not turn into a great nba post player.

Dengness9 Wrote

"When you see Derrick Rose maximize the talent on this roster, I guess then you'll understand Rose IS the player to build around. He is phenomenal and I think you just need to research more and watch more video.

BY THE WAY... Deng and Gordon can't be traded until July 1st because they are restricted free agents and I think the Bulls have to wait Hinrich too until July 1st because he is BYC player.

The Bulls will make a deal and you have to be patient. You really need to relax.

IF YOU A LIFE LONG BULLS FAN, THIS WOULD BE THE ABSOLUTE WORST TIME TO TUNE OUT."

fair enough.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 10:18 PM
Man oh man, Turner and Holiday are much much better than Watson and Rip. You cannot be serious.
76ers have clear bench advantage to me as well. Meanwhile Boozer is much better than Brand.

Honestly G-Train and 97' Bulls....

Don't you guys think the series was completely lost when Noah went down?

The Bulls couldn't beat the 76'ers because they were w/ out the 1st and 2nd best players.

If Noah doesn't roll that ankle I got Bulls winning the series or 76'er in 7.

Bulls were up double digits when Noah rolls his ankle, Bulls blow lead in 4th and the rest of the series goes down hill quickly besides game 5.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 10:20 PM
fair enough.

I don't want to fight w/ you. I have liked you as a Bulls fan on here since you been posting. I was shocked to be called out like that.

I want no beef w/ you. We are on the same side. Sorry for the language, I was caught off guard.

And my user name is Dengness, you must understand how much love I have for Luol. Thats my dude right there.

In a perfect world Boozer is amnestied or traded. Problem is, its a ****ed up world we live in.

Kurosawa0
06-18-2012, 10:20 PM
I'd definitely roll with the same group.
So good defensively, and Rose can slot back in.
I actually think Boozer and Deng can take a little extra responsibility next season and meet the challenge.

If you have a chance to get a top 5 pick and Tyreke Evans for Luol Deng, you do it.

All of a sudden you can add two young players to go with your Rose and Noah core.

G-train
06-18-2012, 10:23 PM
Honestly G-Train and 97' Bulls....

Don't you guys think the series was completely lost when Noah went down?

The Bulls couldn't beat the 76'ers because they were w/ out the 1st and 2nd best players.

If Noah doesn't roll that ankle I got Bulls winning the series or 76'er in 7.

Bulls were up double digits when Noah rolls his ankle, Bulls blow lead in 4th and the rest of the series goes down hill quickly besides game 5.

IMO, the Bulls without Rose and the rest of the team healthy would have made the ECF. I think they would have beat Boston as well in 2nd round.
I have mad respect for this Bulls team, particularly defensively and strategically.
With Rose they were probably favourites to win title.

G-train
06-18-2012, 10:24 PM
If you have a chance to get a top 5 pick and Tyreke Evans for Luol Deng, you do it.

All of a sudden you can add two young players to go with your Rose and Noah core.

Yeah but I have already stated that I dont believe the Kings wont do that trade. The quote in your post is me generally speaking, I wouldn't change up a team that may have won the championship if healthy.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 10:27 PM
Holiday >>>> Watson
Turner = Hamilton
Iguodala << Deng
Brand << Boozer
Asik <<<< Hawes

76ers bench >>>>>>> Bulls bench
Lol the Sixer bench is not that much better than the Bulls bench. Taj Gibson is thethe bestBulls out ofthe all ofthe them. Korver is the best shooter. And Brewer isBoozer the bestbulls manout defender. Id agree the Sixers PGs are better than the Bulls in this situation though.

I also disagree as far as Hawes/Asik. Hawes is the offensive equal to Asiks defense.

comerb
06-18-2012, 10:29 PM
The Bulls are re-building becuase their front office knows they can't beat the Heat.

Probably more worried about competing with a Thunder team that's not even close to its peak for the next 5-10. The Heat will only be a problem for another couple years at the rate Wade is regressing.

Kurosawa0
06-18-2012, 10:30 PM
Yeah but I have already stated that I dont believe the Kings wont do that trade. The quote in your post is me generally speaking, I wouldn't change up a team that may have won the championship if healthy.

It's a bit of a reach though to say this was a championship team. Honestly, if all teams are healthy, I don't think they don't beat Miami or OKC.

Depending on who they get, Boston could be a tough team next season too.

It does depend on what they could get back, but Chicago's only untouchable player should be Rose.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-18-2012, 10:39 PM
I am willing to give up Metta World Peace and a 2nd round pick for Deng.
Yes, I know, thats a lot to give up.... but you have to give to get.

:D

G-train
06-18-2012, 10:40 PM
It's a bit of a reach though to say this was a championship team. Honestly, if all teams are healthy, I don't think they don't beat Miami or OKC.

Depending on who they get, Boston could be a tough team next season too.

It does depend on what they could get back, but Chicago's only untouchable player should be Rose.

They are potentially champions, and definitely in the mix.
They have great chemistry.
I'd be hesitant to change it up.
They will not get a high lottery pick and young star for Deng IMO.
Better off keeping him and going with a proven good thing.
Rose/Deng/Noah is a fantastic balanced core for another 3-4 years.
I still think Boozer can improve as well.
That's a really good team to potentially muck up.

Kurosawa0
06-18-2012, 10:48 PM
They are potentially champions, and definitely in the mix.
They have great chemistry.
I'd be hesitant to change it up.
They will not get a high lottery pick and young star for Deng IMO.
Better off keeping him and going with a proven good thing.
Rose/Deng/Noah is a fantastic balanced core for another 3-4 years.
I still think Boozer can improve as well.
That's a really good team to potentially muck up.

I feel like the one I'd move is Noah. I think is stock is always a little too high. I mean, would Josh Smith for Noah really be a bad deal?

If I'm going up against Boston or Miami, Josh Smith I feel helps me more than Noah.

Tenchi Ryu
06-18-2012, 10:49 PM
Iunno bout this one.....One reason I feel on the fence is thinking about who guards the SF position, which is VERY star studded in the East division BTW. Do I REALLY feel confident about Evans guarding a Melo, Bron, Iggy, Pierce, and Granger on a frequent basis? And I'd really feel terrible about dumping Deng off like that, especially since when Rose and Noah DID go down, him along with Gibson where the main two who at least tried to keep up the energy and produce.

And like someone said, its not the Heat we are concerned about, its clearly the Thunder. Since Rose, Durant and Westbrook are literally best friends and the same age, as much as Rose will improve, so will they, so Thunder aren't going anywhere as title contenders.

So Iunno, I can see how this helps us, but I'm not so gun-ho about getting rid of Deng. I'd much rather ship Boozer off to a team who desperately needs some rebounding if that option is available.

And I somewhat agree with Nate on Rose's recovery. Listening to local Chicago news everyday, apparently Rose is recovering at a REMARKABLY fast pace compared to what many expected, and many do indeed feel he will come back stronger.
http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/08/derrick-rose-chicago-bulls-taj-gibson-nba/

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 11:00 PM
I feel like the one I'd move is Noah. I think is stock is always a little too high. I mean, would Josh Smith for Noah really be a bad deal?

If I'm going up against Boston or Miami, Josh Smith I feel helps me more than Noah.

Interesting point but you can't forget there are few NBA centers like Noah who can guard perimeter players the way Noah does.

Hell Noah can check Lebron James on a drive to the hole here and there.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 11:03 PM
Iunno bout this one.....One reason I feel on the fence is thinking about who guards the SF position, which is VERY star studded in the East division BTW. Do I REALLY feel confident about Evans guarding a Melo, Bron, Iggy, Pierce, and Granger on a frequent basis? And I'd really feel terrible about dumping Deng off like that, especially since when Rose and Noah DID go down, him along with Gibson where the main two who at least tried to keep up the energy and produce.

And like someone said, its not the Heat we are concerned about, its clearly the Thunder. Since Rose, Durant and Westbrook are literally best friends and the same age, as much as Rose will improve, so will they, so Thunder aren't going anywhere as title contenders.

So Iunno, I can see how this helps us, but I'm not so gun-ho about getting rid of Deng. I'd much rather ship Boozer off to a team who desperately needs some rebounding if that option is available.

And I somewhat agree with Nate on Rose's recovery. Listening to local Chicago news everyday, apparently Rose is recovering at a REMARKABLY fast pace compared to what many expected, and many do indeed feel he will come back stronger.

I agree w/ you on many levels.

But on the real my man, Boozer isn't getting shipped anywhere, and no team desperately needs Boozer's rebounding which is overrated and is made up of all defensive rebounds, very FEW offensive boards(check his stats).

And i gotta see Rose get healthy and back to normal or even better than before w/ my own eyes. You gotta think the Chicago media is gonna spin his recovery in a positive light anyway they can so people will stay interested.

Kurosawa0
06-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Interesting point but you can't forget there are few NBA centers like Noah who can guard perimeter players the way Noah does.

Hell Noah can check Lebron James on a drive to the hole here and there.

Noah has positives, no doubt. I just feel like he could be moved for a player that could be more of a difference maker.

Dengness9
06-18-2012, 11:08 PM
Noah has positives, no doubt. I just feel like he could be moved for a player that could be more of a difference maker.

Im not opposed to moving Noah but it has to be for something even more legit than what Deng could bring back.

Noah is such a competitor, has size, defense, rebounding, heart.... Bulls gotta keep him/Taj/Asik together as long as possible.

tikay0
06-18-2012, 11:15 PM
IMO, i think the only "untouchables" are Rose and Noah(barring a no brainer trade ex. dwight howard).

Noah/Taj/Asik is our advantage over the Heat and Thunder, and id like to keep it that way. Of course, if you can get a scoring threat for Taj or Asik, id definitley do it, but i think the best route to go with that, is trading deng. Deng must go.

Tenchi Ryu
06-18-2012, 11:18 PM
IMO, i think the only "untouchables" are Rose and Noah(barring a no brainer trade ex. dwight howard).

Noah/Taj/Asik is our advantage over the Heat and Thunder, and id like to keep it that way. Of course, if you can get a scoring threat for Taj or Asik, id definitley do it, but i think the best route to go with that is trading deng. Deng must go.
Meh, Asik can go for all I'm concerned. He's been nothing but a big body who turns the ball over and racks up on fouls. His production this year was very mediocre compared to last.

Gibson on the other hand has EASILY joined my untouchable list. Everyone kept trying to say Gibson was just gonna be this and already peaked last year, and he proved everyone wrong this year. Developed a jumpshot, perfected a post game that shits on Boozer's in everyway, kept his hustle and energy to 110%....someone who's energy can even rival Noah's now, that's scary.

97 bulls
06-18-2012, 11:23 PM

I would love to see the Bulls trade Boozer. But since it doesn't seem like people feel Boozer is tradeable, Deng would be the next best thing unfortunately.

I do however feel Brewer could more than make up for Dengs man defense.

I still don't see why anyone would be willing to play Rose if say the Bulls end up an 8th seed. The chances are just too risky. The Bulls gambled tried the exact same thing this year and he blew out his knee.

tikay0
06-18-2012, 11:26 PM
Meh, Asik can go for all I'm concerned. He's been nothing but a big body who turns the ball over and racks up on fouls. His production this year was very mediocre compared to last.

Gibson on the other hand has EASILY joined my untouchable list. Everyone kept trying to say Gibson was just gonna be this and already peaked last year, and he proved everyone wrong this year. Developed a jumpshot, perfected a post game that shits on Boozer's in everyway, kept his hustle and energy to 110%....someone who's energy can even rival Noah's now, that's scary.

Agree, but at the same time, you saw how much Asik impacted the ECF last year. He's not just a body you throw out their to rack up fouls, he's a premier rim defender, and he does an excellent job on sealing off guards attacking the baseline. If we get rid of Deng, it gives us even more room to keep the big men as is, and then try an get that 2nd option. Our team structure should be:

Rose-alpha dog
player acquired from deng trade-offensive 2nd option
wing defenders, with 3 pt. range
deep defensive big man rotation
big that can stretch the floor (nikola mirotic)

HylianNightmare
06-19-2012, 03:57 AM
:applause: correct

Tenchi Ryu
06-19-2012, 04:00 AM
:applause: correct
Yea....no.

More like us preparing for the Thunder.

ballinhun8
06-19-2012, 04:17 AM
I'm all for it. Deng showed he was not capable of leading the team when it mattered most. He seemed disinterested during the philly series and that was enough.

You honestly won't get as much value in a trade then in this one.

A Rose/Beal or Lamb/Evans backcourt doesn't sound bad. Although I would love to see MKG fall and he could develop into a cheaper lite Deng for his first couple of seasons.

Having Evans would be a huge plus on the offensive end. He can handle the rock, penetrate, and dish and has size. Something this team doesn't have now.

Haymaker
06-19-2012, 04:19 AM
I don't see the Bulls winning with Rose as the only star. He's Allen Iverson 2.0, which is not a bad thing, but he needs a dominant PF or C to compliment his game. Howard would be the perfect piece.

Rnbizzle
06-19-2012, 04:21 AM
How about Luol Deng for Danny Granger?

Haymaker
06-19-2012, 04:23 AM
How about Luol Deng for Danny Granger? No. Granger is a poor man's Rudy Gay.

Tenchi Ryu
06-19-2012, 04:58 AM
I'm all for it. Deng showed he was not capable of leading the team when it mattered most. He seemed disinterested during the philly series and that was enough.

:biggums: :biggums:
Deng was the reason we even had a chance along with Gibson. Game 2 was just terrible, and everyone except Noah was pretty much dead. After Noah got injured, Deng, Gibson and Hamilton were the only 3 who carried the load and gave us a fighting chance, just wasn't enough without Boozer showing up.

guy
06-19-2012, 10:58 AM
:biggums: :biggums:
Deng was the reason we even had a chance along with Gibson. Game 2 was just terrible, and everyone except Noah was pretty much dead. After Noah got injured, Deng, Gibson and Hamilton were the only 3 who carried the load and gave us a fighting chance, just wasn't enough without Boozer showing up.

Kind of funny how the league works. We overpay a guy that doesn't show up and is probably the biggest reason for our underperformance and since he doesn't hold any value in the league as a result, for flexibility's sake we have to send a much better player that the fans want to keep thats been there for 8 seasons to sh*tty Sacramento while this loser that no one wants anymore doesn't have to worry about that and gets to stay in a great city. Not complaining, its how the business works. Just a funny observation. I guess he could get amnestied, but its doubtful.

Bigsmoke
06-19-2012, 11:01 AM
for who?

LeBron?

Rnbizzle
06-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Kind of funny how the league works. We overpay a guy that doesn't show up and is probably the biggest reason for our underperformance and since he doesn't hold any value in the league as a result, for flexibility's sake we have to send a much better player that the fans want to keep thats been there for 8 seasons to sh*tty Sacramento while this loser that no one wants anymore doesn't have to worry about that and gets to stay in a great city. Not complaining, its how the business works. Just a funny observation. I guess he could get amnestied, but its doubtful.
I'd much rather amnesty Boozer than trade Deng to be honest.

guy
06-19-2012, 11:31 AM
I'd much rather amnesty Boozer than trade Deng to be honest.

I would too. But they won't cause they would still have to pay Boozer regardless and Reinsdorf doesn't exactly like throwing money around. Thats why I doubt they would trade him.