PDA

View Full Version : Ibaka: "LeBron James is NOT a good defender"- Lebron fires back!

stallionaire
06-19-2012, 09:46 AM
Wow looks like Harden and Westbrook aren't the only Thunder players with low IQs :facepalm

Ibaka running his mouth in the middle of a series...

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/19/ibaka-lebron-is-not-a-good-defender/?ls=iref:nbahpt2

“LeBron is not a good defender,” Ibaka said about the player who received the most votes for the league’s all-defensive team, which is selected by the coaches.
“He can play defense for two to three minutes but not 48 minutes.”
James was switched onto Durant after Game 1 when Durant scored 36 points and shot 12-of-20 with Shane Battier primarily covering him. Since, Durant is averaging 28.5 points on 23-of-41 shooting and Heat have won two games, taking a 2-1 series lead into Tuesday’s Game 4.
“LeBron can’t play (Durant) one-on-one,” Ibaka said. “They’re playing good defense like a team.”

LeBron's Response :
"I don't really care what he says, he's stupid," James said. "Everyone says something to me every series, then (the media) tries to get a quote. It's stupid."

LeBron is a disruptor who roams the court on defense and he is constantly making huge defensive plays... Any player who ignores this is salty. Keep your mouth shut Ibaka and try to get the finals victory for OKC. Jacking those lips won't do anything for you. :coleman:

Mr Clutch Melo
06-19-2012, 09:50 AM
In before "; " Ibaka is right, people get blinded by his chasedown block":coleman:

SilkkTheShocker
06-19-2012, 09:51 AM
Lebron did a pretty good job on Granger, Pierce, and Melo (when they matched up). Durant has played well against Bron when matched up, but im not sure how that doesn't make Lebron a good defender. :confusedshrug: Aside from game 1, all Ibaka's low NBA IQ has shown on defense. Instead of worrying about Bron, maybe he should focus on how he can help his team.

Punpun
06-19-2012, 09:52 AM
I believe Serge "Wallace's lovechild" Ibaka "Leading the league in block" knows one thing or two about Defense.

SilkkTheShocker
06-19-2012, 09:54 AM
I believe Serge "Wallace's lovechild" Ibaka "Leading the league in block" knows one thing or two about Defense.

Blocking shot, yes. He is nothing special when it comes to man to man defense though.

Mr Clutch Melo
06-19-2012, 09:54 AM

Marcus Camby 2.0

Dont compare him to Big Ben:biggums:

nathanjizzle
06-19-2012, 09:55 AM
lebron is a overrated defender. not to say he isnt a good defender. but everyone saying he can gaurd any position, is absolutely delusional. we seen him try to switch off to kg a few times, and what happened? he fouled out. but individual defense he does have some good iq, i like how he gives little bumps to durant while hes jump shooting to throw off his balance slighty, without being called for a foul.

SilkkTheShocker
06-19-2012, 10:05 AM
lebron is a overrated defender. not to say he isnt a good defender. but everyone saying he can gaurd any position, is absolutely delusional. we seen him try to switch off to kg a few times, and what happened? he fouled out. but individual defense he does have some good iq, i like how he gives little bumps to durant while hes jump shooting to throw off his balance slighty, without being called for a foul.

So what you are saying is that you're a Bulls fans that still pissed about Lebron shutting Rose down in the ECF. Ok, got it.

Phenith
06-19-2012, 10:19 AM

IMO, you should have an offensive game before you comment on someone else's defensive capabilities.

dude77
06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
[QUOTE]

Punpun
06-19-2012, 10:22 AM
IMO, you should have an offensive game before you comment on someone else's defensive capabilities.

Iblocka has a mean Jshot he consistently makes from the same spot over and over.

Snoop_Cat
06-19-2012, 10:24 AM
If anyone's an overrated defender it's Ibaka. He can't defend the post and stretch power forwards who can shoot it.

All he is is a glorified weak-side shot blocker, which he is admittedly terrific at.

bmulls
06-19-2012, 10:24 AM
Blocking shot, yes. He is nothing special when it comes to man to man defense though.

This.

A help defender talking about one of the best perimeter man defenders in the league :roll:

dude77
06-19-2012, 10:26 AM
Iblocka has a mean Jshot he consistently makes from the same spot over and over.

he's not a focal point of their offense .. he takes random shots here and there .. he's an idiot taking a shot at james for not playing defense for '48 minutes' ..

okc's grasping at anything now .. stupid desperation comments .. they're scared and see what's coming .. even durant gave us a hint in his post game presser the other day when he said 'it's not over yet' :oldlol: .. he knows what's coming

guy
06-19-2012, 10:30 AM
Ibaka is trying to pull a Jason Terry. It worked last year.

Darius
06-19-2012, 10:31 AM
So what you are saying is that you're a Bulls fans that still pissed about Lebron shutting Rose down in the ECF. Ok, got it.
:roll:

Punpun
06-19-2012, 10:33 AM
he's not a focal point of their offense .. he takes random shots here and there ..

They aren't random. They always are t the same spot. It's laways the same play. It's clearly a worked play.

ihoopallday
06-19-2012, 10:36 AM
I like Ibaka, but this isn't the time for these comments. Just focus on your team trying to win.

dude77
06-19-2012, 10:40 AM
They aren't random. They always are t the same spot. It's laways the same play. It's clearly a worked play.

dude, he's like a 2543543534 option on offense lol .. lets cut the stupidity here .. that was a stupid ass comment

Teanett
06-19-2012, 10:42 AM
ibaka would easily win a fight with lebron because he grew up in a warzone and eats lions for breakfast.

Punpun
06-19-2012, 10:43 AM
dude, he's like a 2543543534 option on offense lol .. lets cut the stupidity here .. that was a stupid ass comment

He is. Doesn't mean he doesn't have a set of plays that he does pretty consistently.

Apogee
06-19-2012, 10:50 AM
ibaka would easily win a fight with lebron because he grew up in a warzone and eats lions for breakfast.

:facepalm

amfirst
06-19-2012, 10:53 AM
He is a okay defender. It more that his teammates can rotate on point to help that makes his defense overated.

SilkkTheShocker
06-19-2012, 11:08 AM

Yea but Terry has always had swagger to his game. He can talk the talk. Getting dissed by Ibaka would like getting dissed by the African guy in Next Friday

Mach_3
06-19-2012, 11:09 AM

Your right it did work. Jason Terry ran a train on the Miami Heat in the last 3 games of last years finals :lol :lol

franchise#3
06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
I think a lot of superstars are considered better defenders than they are 'cause the refs don't call a lot of fouls on them. This allows them to be extra aggressive.

guy
06-19-2012, 11:10 AM
Yea but Terry has always had swagger to his game. He can talk the talk. Getting dissed by Ibaka would like getting dissed by the African guy in Next Friday

Ibaka is going for 35 points/16 rebounds/8 blocks tonight :rockon:

Mach_3
06-19-2012, 11:11 AM

BOLLSHEET MODAPHUCKA!

The Choken One
06-19-2012, 11:11 AM
lol...

like LeBron gives a **** about someone like Ibaka talking shit.

He's 50x the player he'll ever be.

SilkkTheShocker
06-19-2012, 11:14 AM
Your right it did work. Jason Terry ran a train on the Miami Heat in the last 3 games of last years finals :lol :lol

Exactly. Terry got into his head and also handed Lebron and the Heat their asses. Is Ibaka going to drop 20+ points to back it up? Is going continue to look helpless everytime Lebron drives? Is he going to attempt to box Chris Bosh out? Him or Perkins for that matter :oldlol: Its one thing to get in their head, but you gotta back it up. Lets if Ibaka can stay out of foul trouble at first.

SilkkTheShocker
06-19-2012, 11:16 AM
BOLLSHEET MODAPHUCKA!

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Thats exactly how I would imagine Ibaka trash talk to be. You are more likely to laugh in his face more than anything.

TheBluest
06-19-2012, 11:20 AM
Lebron is most certainly an overrated defender....Very good weak side defender and can definitely size up smaller players and stay in front of them but

Melo and Durant and Kobe and Ginobli and Gay can score on Lebron whenever they want and we've seen it....

The dude basically catapulted his defensive career based off chase downs and a series defense against Derrick Rose but Lebron is not a night-in and night-out defender....not to mention the lack of foul calls on Lebron makes him that much more overrated.

I started a thread yesterday entitled "ARE WE GONNA ACT LIKE LEBRON STOPPED DURANT" and cited in the body of OP that Bosh deserved more credit for stopping Durant

Bladers
06-19-2012, 11:25 AM
Durant blew past Lebron every single attempt in game 3.

I mean like flash he was gone past lebron.

Lebron was a statue.

It was bosh who meet him at the rim to block/alter his shot.

Lebron has always been an overrated defender.
He's rated 195th in the league by synergy sports for crying out loud.

pegasus
06-19-2012, 11:28 AM
Lebron is most certainly an overrated defender....Very good weak side defender and can definitely size up smaller players and stay in front of them but

Melo and Durant and Kobe and Ginobli and Gay can score on Lebron whenever they want and we've seen it....

The dude basically catapulted his defensive career based off chase downs and a series defense against Derrick Rose but Lebron is not a night-in and night out defender....not to mention the lack of foul calls on Lebron makes him that much more overrated.

I started a thread yesterday entitled "ARE WE GONNA ACT LIKE LEBRON STOPPED DURANT" and cited in the body of OP that Bosh deserved more credit for stopping Durant

This. He does cover a lot of ground when he is roaming. I'll give him that. But he fouls constantly when players try to position themselves to get the ball in the post, and when/if they do get the ball, they don't have much trouble scoring against him.

Last game Durant scored on him at will, and it was Bosh (twice) and Miller (once) who blocked him after he had blown by Lebron.

Rnbizzle
06-19-2012, 11:34 AM
SMH @ all the haters coming in giving their 2 cents on why Lebron is a shitty defender.. Have you guys not watched the playoffs at all this year? He shut down Melo and Granger whenever he was on them, did a great job on David West and even guarded KG alright, the only times he got exposed is when they lobbed the ball for KG or when he just shot over Lebron with his crazy high release.

Nobody in the NBA can guard Durant and he is playing great indeed, but Lebron is also doing a great job denying KD the ball and fronting him. When Durant makes tough contested threes or long twos over Lebron, isn't that pretty much all you can ask for?

You guys are ridiculous..

LEFT4DEAD
06-19-2012, 11:44 AM
Lebron is one of the best defenders I have seen. This is ridiculous

Bladers
06-19-2012, 11:46 AM
SMH @ all the haters coming in giving their 2 cents on why Lebron is a shitty defender.. Have you guys not watched the playoffs at all this year? He shut down Melo and Granger whenever he was on them, did a great job on David West and even guarded KG alright, the only times he got exposed is when they lobbed the ball for KG or when he just shot over Lebron with his crazy high release.

Nobody in the NBA can guard Durant and he is playing great indeed, but Lebron is also doing a great job denying KD the ball and fronting him. When Durant makes tough contested threes or long twos over Lebron, isn't that pretty much all you can ask for?

So now granger and west are offensive juggernuts? The guy who averages 19 pts on 40% shooting? Really? and you can't guard two people at once by the way fanboy.

Reverend Hoops
06-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Ibaka is not a good defender.

Pointguard
06-19-2012, 11:55 AM

The wild thing is that Durant has been hot. There is a good chance that Durant isn't going to stay hot and then Ibaka is going to look really stupid for making the comment. Why put more pressure on Durant? Lebron isn't going to overplay Durant and get in foul trouble, the only reason a statement like this could logically be made.

Ibaka had a couple of blocks but the Heat lead the series because of his mismatch and not being able to go out on the perimeter. Ibaka can't defend the post and he can't defend the perimeter - kind of odd that he had DPOY votes. He can block like crazy but he's not there yet where he can talk about other players.

Teanett
06-19-2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.nypost.com/rw/nypost/2010/07/11/sports/photos_stories/cropped/stoudemire--300x300.jpg
"lebron is not a good defender?"

G-Funk
06-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Both are very overrated defenders

inclinerator
06-19-2012, 12:58 PM
so unless lebron shuts down durant he's not a good defender, okay

pauk
06-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Damn... and i liked Ibaka previous to this... good riddance

sacredcow
06-19-2012, 01:05 PM
I sense Lebron is going to put Ibaka in his place after tonight. He's no Jason Terry who can create his own shot and knock down the three, so there's no way of backing up his words unless he can make Lebron put up 2007 finals number from here on out. Terry was option B, Ibaka is what? Option 4 or 5?

All Net
06-19-2012, 01:14 PM
Wow that is a stupid comment to make.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-19-2012, 01:18 PM
:biggums:

Stern
06-19-2012, 01:21 PM
Says the guy who doesnt know what defense is.

DuMa
06-19-2012, 01:24 PM
Spain wants no part of mad Lebron too

All Net
06-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Lebron responds..

"I don't care what he says. He's stupid"

:eek:

All Net
06-19-2012, 01:40 PM
[QUOTE]http://espn.go.com/nba/playoffs/2012/story/_/id/8072235/2012-nba-finals-miami-heat-lebron-james-responds-oklahoma-city-thunder-serge-ibaka-comments

MIAMI -- LeBron James and Serge Ibaka were both on the NBA's All-Defensive Team this year but they certainly aren't teammates.

Ibaka, the Oklahoma City Thunder's power forward, said Monday that James was "not a good defender" and that "he can play defense for two or three minutes but not 48 minutes." James responded to the comments before Tuesday's Game 4 of the NBA Fina

I don't really care what he says, he's stupid," James said. "Everyone says something to me every series then (the media) tries to get a quote. It's stupid."

Ibaka made the comments to the Palm Beach Post.

"LeBron can't play (Kevin Durant) one-on-one. They're playing good defense like a team," Ibaka told the newspaper.

In addition to the Finals, James and Ibaka will likely face off this summer at the Olympics. Ibaka plays for the Spanish National Team, expected to be the most serious challenger to Team USA's

bid to repeat as gold medalists.

NBA Finals
Get all the news and commentary on the Heat-Thunder matchup on ESPN.com's series page.

red1
06-19-2012, 01:43 PM
So now granger and west are offensive juggernuts? The guy who averages 19 pts on 40% shooting? Really? and you can't guard two people at once by the way fanboy.
:banghead: how f*cking stupid are you? you really think he was trying to say that he was guarding both players at the exact same time?

R.I.P.
06-19-2012, 01:43 PM

Sergenius Ibaka. :bowdown: :bowdown:

Legends66NBA7
06-19-2012, 01:45 PM
First of all I'm not playing 48 minutes and Kevin's not playing 48 minutes.

The hell ?

They certainly both could... I get what he means, but really he didn't have to respond.

He didn't care, right ?

pauk
06-19-2012, 01:49 PM
Lebron responds..

"I don't care what he says. He's stupid"

:eek:

Where on earth did you get that from? Lebron only meant that it is a stupid remark/decision from Ibaka, not that Ibaka is stupid (although, he probably is).

“I don’t really care about what he says,” James said of Ibaka. “For me, as a defender, I just try to make plays. I try to keep my body in front of such a great player.

“I’m not sitting here saying that I’m a Durant stopper, because there’s no such thing. I’ve got to rely on my defense behind me to communicate with me. But I don’t really care what he says. It’s stupid. Everyone says something to me every series. You guys keep trying to get a quote from me.”

James clarified that it is a “stupid” remark, saying "It’s not towards him.”

All Net
06-19-2012, 01:56 PM
Where on earth did you get that from? Lebron only meant that it is a stupid remark/decision from Ibaka, not that Ibaka is stupid (although, he probably is).

Hey blame the media for the way they make players word their responses.

Magic 32
06-19-2012, 02:00 PM
So Ibaka is trying to mess with a guy who is easily messed with. I fail to to see problem. Is he not allowed to talk smack?

Cowboy Thunder
06-19-2012, 02:01 PM
I don't really care what he says, he's stupid

Sounds like a 7 year old. :lol

pauk
06-19-2012, 02:05 PM
Sounds like a 7 year old. :lol

He didnt say that, All-Net is misinformed... there you go: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/19/james-doesnt-care-what-ibaka-says/

The only "7 year old" here is Ibaka...

All Net
06-19-2012, 02:07 PM
He didnt say that, All-Net is misinformed... there you go: http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/06/19/james-doesnt-care-what-ibaka-says/

The only "7 year old" here is Ibaka...

I'm only posting what was put in the ESPN article. Which they quoted Lebron for saying.

Da Hammer
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
One on one Lebron is nothing special so he's right about that but then again Ibaka isn't a good man defender either :lol

cteach111
06-19-2012, 02:09 PM
i dont see the point in talking sh1t. Why give the Heat more fuel with something they are known to be great at?

OhNoTimNoSho
06-19-2012, 02:25 PM
LeBron James responds via twitter:

"Ibaka is a big ol' booger breath doo doo head. He's stupid and I don't like him."

Da KO King
06-19-2012, 02:43 PM
If anyone's an overrated defender it's Ibaka. He can't defend the post and stretch power forwards who can shoot it.

All he is is a glorified weak-side shot blocker, which he is admittedly terrific at.
:applause:

comerb
06-19-2012, 02:44 PM

Someone might teach him how to close out on a shooter.

AK47DR91
06-19-2012, 02:58 PM
Now, if the Heat's Eastern Conference run was similar to last season then maybe this call out might work again. LeBron didn't face any adversity last season until the Finals.

This playoff run has been a different story, and they've muscled through a physical series against Indiana and was one game from elimination against Boston. They've been challenged this playoff run.

lilgodfather1
06-19-2012, 03:04 PM
LeGod going ham tonight.

Chapallaz
06-19-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't really care what he says, he's stupid

lol

http://churchfun.com/images/wp/teasing-hurts.jpg

Mach_3
06-19-2012, 04:23 PM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Thats exactly how I would imagine Ibaka trash talk to be. You are more likely to laugh in his face more than anything.

That skit was the funniest phucking part of that entire movie :lol

Also ibaka should step up and guard lebron then if he wants to run his mouth. Cuz that ninja lebron has been goin off in this series

HorryIsMyMVP
06-19-2012, 04:36 PM
The best part about this is that it actually does hurt his feelings , lol. He is a mental midget and any criticism really does get into his head. If he didn't care he wouldn't call him stupid. He's a little offended.

Mach_3
06-19-2012, 04:38 PM
Now, if the Heat's Eastern Conference run was similar to last season then maybe this call out might work again. LeBron didn't face any adversity last season until the Finals.

This playoff run has been a different story, and they've muscled through a physical series against Indiana and was one game from elimination against Boston. They've been challenged this playoff run.
Oh i wasnt suggesting that what ibaka is doing is smart, personally i wouldnt want to provoke lebron especially with how protected he is on defense by the refs.

NumberSix
06-19-2012, 04:41 PM
Further evidence on why Ibaka isn't a good defensive player. Dude has no understanding of what defense even is. Yeah, he gets blocks, but his over-aggressiveness results in fouls and goal tends. The guy can't even be trusted to be on the floor in the 4th quarter.

lbj23clutch
06-19-2012, 04:49 PM
:facepalm

Very ironic coming from one of the most overrated defenders and players in the league(Ibaka). Ibaka is a good shot blocker, but he is mediocre in any other defensive category. The whole hype of Ibaka winning the DPOY this year was a complete joke. Guys like Noah, KG, Chandler, Howard are 10 times the defender Ibaka is.

LeBron may be a bit overrated on defense(due to the media), but he's still an elite defender and the most versatile defender in the league right now.

wang4three
06-19-2012, 04:51 PM
LeBron is a good defender, but he certainly gets away with being overly aggressive with contact than most, if not all defenders in the league.

lbj23clutch
06-19-2012, 04:59 PM
http://newspaper.li/static/0e91db3fda9238b40a6ca053667bef71.png
"Serge Ibaka is NOT a good defender".

Crown&Coke
06-19-2012, 05:07 PM
I used to hate on lebron's defense back in his 2009 Cleveland days. Back then, all he was doing defensively was the chase down block. 2010 he seemed to take it more seriously.

but now, today, dude is a beast on defense, I can't even hate on it now. But you can't discount the fact that the refs give him so much freedom defensively that NO OTHER player gets. He is pushing, shoving, using his knee to dislodge guys on the low block, thats a foul. And he never gets called for it.

ClutchOver9000
06-19-2012, 05:08 PM
pot calling kettle

lbj23clutch
06-19-2012, 05:11 PM
http://newspaper.li/static/0e91db3fda9238b40a6ca053667bef71.png
"Serge Ibaka is NOT a good defender".
Learn to close out your man Ibaka. Battier has shitted on Ibaka in this series. :oldlol:

ihoopallday
06-19-2012, 05:21 PM
The best part about this is that it actually does hurt his feelings , lol. He is a mental midget and any criticism really does get into his head. If he didn't care he wouldn't call him stupid. He's a little offended.

LeBron is far from a mental midget this year. If all the critism was getting to him, it would be Boston vs. OKC right now. Btw, how do you expect him to react?

Smoke117
06-19-2012, 05:22 PM
Ibaka is one of the most overrated defensive players in the league, so he really shouldn't be talking about any other players defense. Besides the ability to block shots he's mediocre to average at every other facet of defense. There were only two real dominant defensive anchors in the league this season and they were Dwight Howard and Kevin Garnett. It was actually pretty pathetic that Chandler was the DPOY and Ibaka was runner up when they are clearly a tier below Howard and KG.

IGotACoolStory
06-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Bron with a classic comeback! :lol

RoseCity07
06-19-2012, 06:20 PM
Ibaka may be one of the most overrated defenders of all time. He does one thing very well on defense and that is help side defense. One on one defense is something this guy is simply not that great at. One on one and he gets abused.

He shouldn't be talking sh*t.

mjokc
06-19-2012, 06:23 PM
Serge doesn't speak good english, I highly doubt he meant to say that lebron isn't a good defender. I think Serge was saying that it wasn't Lebron's defense that has been stopping KD but overall Heat defense. However, he made a mistake due to english not being his native language and the media ran with it.

G-train
06-19-2012, 06:44 PM
Durant blew past Lebron every single attempt in game 3.

I mean like flash he was gone past lebron.

Lebron was a statue.

It was bosh who meet him at the rim to block/alter his shot.

Lebron has always been an overrated defender.
He's rated 195th in the league by synergy sports for crying out loud.

you are a total basketball moron

G-train
06-19-2012, 06:48 PM
LeBron is a good defender, but he certainly gets away with being overly aggressive with contact than most, if not all defenders in the league.

This is so uninformed though.
He uses his body legally. He is just stronger than every other perimeter player. For example, Durant uses his arms and hands constantly, as his body strength is low. Lebron uses correct technique, and because he is 250 pounds playing guard/forward, no one can do much about it.
The facts are, he is an exceptional defender man on man on and off ball, but he can get lost occasionally on help d as everyone would in Miami's system, so I wont judge him too harshly for that.

ILLsmak
06-19-2012, 06:51 PM
Learn to close out your man Ibaka. Battier has shitted on Ibaka in this series. :oldlol:

Also think this is dumb. How is that on Ibaka to close out? They should be playing a zone or running a small lineup. Making a big man check a SF is bad coaching.

It's lose lose. Either he goes out and they get the offensive rebound or he stays and they hit the 3.

And what is the deal with Perk. For as hard as he goes on D he can't finish a layup. No reason for him to rush a shot when he gets it under the hoop.

This has been a crazy series. The Heat have been playing small ball and beating a team with a dominating front line. Will we see them come back down to earth?

-Smak

ILLsmak
06-19-2012, 06:54 PM
He uses his body legally. He is just stronger than every other perimeter player. For example, Durant uses his arms and hands constantly, as his body strength is low. Lebron uses correct technique, and because he is 250 pounds playing guard/forward, no one can do much about it.
The facts are, he is an exceptional defender man on man on and off ball, but he can get lost occasionally on help d as everyone would in Miami's system, so I wont judge him too harshly for that.

lol go watch that WHY DID RUSSELL WESTBROOK GET BENCHED video, LeBron is fouling off the ball all of the time. You can't bear hug people. Your strength should not be an issue if you are off the ball because if it was, you would be touching them. I could see using your lower body, but all of that contact off the ball, while it is allowed usually, is NOT clean b-bball. There's nowhere in the rule book that it says "while a player is off ball you can put your hands on him and grab him" or "if he is coming around a screen it's okay to hold onto his arm"

-Smak

G-train
06-19-2012, 06:58 PM
lol go watch that WHY DID RUSSELL WESTBROOK GET BENCHED video, LeBron is fouling off the ball all of the time. You can't bear hug people. Your strength should not be an issue if you are off the ball because if it was, you would be touching them. I could see using your lower body, but all of that contact off the ball, while it is allowed usually, is NOT clean b-bball. There's nowhere in the rule book that it says "while a player is off ball you can put your hands on him and grab him" or "if he is coming around a screen it's okay to hold onto his arm"

-Smak

You have no idea.

G-Funk
06-19-2012, 07:10 PM
you are a total basketball moron

but he's saying facts, what's the problem? :confusedshrug:

nextlife
06-19-2012, 07:56 PM
come on guys, ibaka didn't mean literally that lebron is bad defender, he was trying to say that he gets more credit than is deserved due to miami's team defense. lebron is a good defender; not the best, not the worst.

Ai2death
06-19-2012, 08:39 PM
Yeah, good work. Piss off james

wang4three
06-19-2012, 08:47 PM

Uninformed? You may be hankering on techniques and what's taught fundamentally in basketball camps, but that's now it is in the NBA. Lebron gets away with more contact above the free throw line than any other defensive player in the league. It's just a fact. Just watch any other defender try to get that much body on a player before the free throw line and you'll see refs calling that 85% of the time. Below the free throw line, he gets away with a ton of contact that most post defenders don't get away with.

Just look at the defense that Kendrick Perkins is reduced to what LeBron gets to do in the post. Look at what LeBron gets to do in the perimeter versus what Thabo gets to do. The three of them have solid to great fundamentals in defense, but one of those three gets away with a lot more than the other two.

And no I'm not a Thunder fan. I'm not a Nets fan and I have money on the Heat winning the title. So I'm delighted at the treatment LeBron gets. But at the same time, I'm not turning a blind eye at the inconsistency of it.

tpols
06-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Uninformed? You may be hankering on techniques and what's taught fundamentally in basketball camps, but that's now it is in the NBA. Lebron gets away with more contact above the free throw line than any other defensive player in the league. It's just a fact. Just watch any other defender try to get that much body on a player before the free throw line and you'll see refs calling that 85% of the time. Below the free throw line, he gets away with a ton of contact that most post defenders don't get away with.

Just look at the defense that Kendrick Perkins is reduced to what LeBron gets to do in the post. Look at what LeBron gets to do in the perimeter versus what Thabo gets to do. The three of them have solid to great fundamentals in defense, but one of those three gets away with a lot more than the other two.

And no I'm not a Thunder fan. I'm not a Nets fan and I have money on the Heat winning the title. So I'm delighted at the treatment LeBron gets. But at the same time, I'm not turning a blind eye at the inconsistency of it.
When you're the bigger, stronger, and more aggressive player you will always get the benefit of the doubt.

It's like.. when Thabo starts grabbing and pushing and using his weight to signifgantly knock a player out of position off the ball, he has to use all of his strength and exertion to do it so it's more obvious to the ref. Lebron can knock people off by using way less of his strength/body. Ron Artest plays the same way. He holds you/locks you up whenever you try to move almosteffortlessly so it doesnt look like hes hitting people.

wang4three
06-19-2012, 09:09 PM
When you're the bigger, stronger, and more aggressive player you will always get the benefit of the doubt.

Clearly not true. There are plenty of players throughout the history of the NBA that didn't get the benefit of the doubt. In fact their strength was a source of detriment. Shaq, Dwight, Perkins, LeBron, have gotten poor fouls because their perceived strength. Contrarily, guys like Bowen, KG, etc. have gotten the benefit of calls and non-calls due to their wiry, skinny frames. It goes both ways. LeBron is a special case where most of the time it goes his way.

It's like.. when Thabo starts grabbing and pushing and using his weight to signifgantly knock a player out of position off the ball, he has to use all of his strength and exertion to do it so it's more obvious to the ref. Lebron can knock people off by using way less of his strength/body. Ron Artest plays the same way. He holds you/locks you up whenever you try to move almosteffortlessly so it doesnt look like hes hitting people.

You are looking at it very narrowly using very specific examples that may fit your criteria. Look at it in totality. It's clearly different.

EDIT: Also Ron Artest is a guy who doesn't always get the benefit of the doubt you speak of and he's a bullishly strong defender.

tpols
06-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Clearly not true. There are plenty of players throughout the history of the NBA that didn't get the benefit of the doubt. In fact their strength was a source of detriment. Shaq, Dwight, Perkins, LeBron, have gotten poor fouls because their perceived strength. Contrarily, guys like Bowen, KG, etc. have gotten the benefit of calls and non-calls due to their wiry, skinny frames. It goes both ways. LeBron is a special case where most of the time it goes his way. .
Shaq?:oldlol: Shaq has gotten away with more illegal contact due to his size than anybody in NBA history. Dwight is physical but doesnt really get unfair calls going against him.. hes actually always the one at the FT line. Perkins is a role player.. with a hot head and a tendency to commit stupid fouls.

There will be cases for both sides but bigger, aggressive players get the benefit of the doubt especially when were talking superstars.

wang4three
06-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Shaq?:oldlol: Shaq has gotten away with more illegal contact due to his size than anybody in NBA history. Dwight is physical but doesnt really get unfair calls going against him.. hes actually always the one at the FT line. Perkins is a role player.. with a hot head and a tendency to commit stupid fouls.

There will be cases for both sides but bigger, aggressive players get the benefit of the doubt especially when were talking superstars.

Yet the leading foulers in the league are guys like DeMarcus Cousins, Paul Milsap, Blake Griffin, etc. The only thing you said that make sense is that the benefit of the doubt goes to superstars. And LeBron is the biggest star in the league.

Solid Snake
06-19-2012, 11:08 PM
He needs to take his ass back to the Congo or whatever shit fvck African country he's from.

Lone Laker
06-19-2012, 11:14 PM
Talking to a Thunder fan, who is also an attorney, and he says that the problem is that Serge's English isn't very good. I told him that Serge should be the patron saint for people who speak English as a second language...