PDA

View Full Version : The fouls being called in favor of Miami are at an overwhelming number

QUIZZLE
06-19-2012, 11:21 PM
that is all. This shit is ridiculous.

HylianNightmare
06-19-2012, 11:23 PM
agreed, stern wants his babies to win

Calabis
06-19-2012, 11:26 PM
Yup 15-16 FTA for OKC, 15-21 FTA Heat...its horrible:facepalm

BMOGEFan
06-19-2012, 11:27 PM
Yup 15-16 FTA for OKC, 15-21 FTA Heat...its horrible:facepalm

idiots always using stats to compare. These are the same idiots that never watch a game.

I.Malcolm
06-19-2012, 11:28 PM
LeBron "cramp" logic

We lose - > I was hurt.
We win - > I am a hero.

:)

LebronJordan
06-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Heat PF - 18
OKC PF - 17

Calabis
06-19-2012, 11:31 PM
idiots always using stats to compare. These are the same idiots that never watch a game.

I am watching dumbass 18 fouls against Heat, 17 against OKC
7 FGA for Westbrook in lane, 7 for Lebron:confusedshrug: quit crying, games not even over

PJR
06-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Wah wahhhhhhh

QUIZZLE
06-19-2012, 11:38 PM
You idiots coming in here:

There's a difference between fouls called and non-fouls fouls being called. This is what I'm talking about. So get your "wahwahdyckridinglebronasses" out of here.

kurt_rambis
06-19-2012, 11:39 PM
omg i bet your tears taste so good

QUIZZLE
06-19-2012, 11:42 PM
omg i bet your tears taste so good

You've been a Heat fan since birth right? I'm sure you have!

gilalizard
06-19-2012, 11:49 PM
yeah, it got so bad there during the 2nd half it was literally every play, OKC couldn't get a call no matter how bad they were mauled, Miami got breathed on and it was called a foul

the bias is so blatant it's funnier than watching a WWE match

at least there you're not sure who is going to "win"

lol WWE has more competitive integrity than a Miami Heat game

though, the Thunder and Westbrook did show incredible heart in still making it a game in the face of such blatant bias

kurt_rambis
06-19-2012, 11:50 PM
You've been a Heat fan since birth right? I'm sure you have!
i'm not a heat fan. i'm a fan of laughing at people who passionately hate the heat. like you!

ElPigto
The games have been pretty fair thus far.

Chrono90
yeah, it got so bad there during the 2nd half it was literally every play, OKC couldn't get a call no matter how bad they were mauled, Miami got breathed on and it was called a foul

though, the Thunder and Westbrook did show incredible heart in still making it a game in the face of such blatant bias

:applause:

It feels so tough watching these games when its so badly officiated. Makes me not want to watch NBA anymore.

QUIZZLE
06-19-2012, 11:51 PM

Got any more jokes?

Fair how? Fair that the refs are blowing huge calls in favor of the Thunder at the very end of the game that could change the outcome/force it into OT?

BMOGEFan
06-19-2012, 11:51 PM

Tell me WHAT game has been fair thus far?

BuGzBuNNy
06-19-2012, 11:52 PM
:sleeping same shit new game.

kidachi
06-19-2012, 11:54 PM
LeBron "cramp" logic

We lose - > I was hurt.
We win - > I am a hero.

:)

haha I've been saying that about Kobe for the longest time.. Kobe stans have been using that logic everytime..

DISCLAIMER: I'm a Heat and Wade fan and not LeBron

kurt_rambis
06-19-2012, 11:55 PM
yep, haters got their blinders on. every 'missed' call against okc is a crime against humanity. this is hilarious! i'm seriously in heaven

doesn't matter that harden goes 2-10 or durant goes 19 year old kobe or westbrook goes full retard...it was the refs! DAMN REFS. WE WAS ROBBED

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 12:55 AM
yep, haters got their blinders on. every 'missed' call against okc is a crime against humanity. this is hilarious! i'm seriously in heaven

doesn't matter that harden goes 2-10 or durant goes 19 year old kobe or westbrook goes full retard...it was the refs! DAMN REFS. WE WAS ROBBED

How long have you liked the Heat? You grew up with them right? How many blisters are on the inside of your @sshole from riding the bandwagon so hard?

imdaman99
06-20-2012, 12:59 AM
How long have you liked the Heat? You grew up with them right? How many blisters are on the inside of your @sshole from riding the bandwagon so hard?
hes a fcking tool. just block him and numbersix. your ish experience will improve

PianoMan
06-20-2012, 12:59 AM
Lol yea you mad. Ya complain since day 1 about the refs but continue to watch? Attention seeking whores :lol. When you guys complain, do you think the heat, the refs care about what ya say? They will be celebrating whether you like it or not :coleman:

04mzwach
06-20-2012, 01:04 AM
Lol yea you mad. Ya complain since day 1 about the refs but continue to watch? Attention seeking whores :lol. When you guys complain, do you think the heat, the refs care about what ya say? They will be celebrating whether you like it or not :coleman:
A championship wouldn't be quite as sweet to me if it were unfairly given to me.

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 01:07 AM
hes a fcking tool. just block him and numbersix. your ish experience will improve

Cheers to that.

Maybe I should just realize that Florida makes up 98% of the country in size and clearly all of these guys are near and dear to their Miami, Florida and not in LeBron's jock.

Maybe this is that episode of South Park where everything turns into New Jersey.

Bernie Nips
06-20-2012, 01:10 AM
Celtics fan here.

The ONLY game featuring Miami this postseason that was blatantly biased in their favour was Game 2 vs Boston. That was disgusting.

Every other game is fair enough. Games 6 and 7? Miami won them fair and square.

Every game in the Finals so far has been fair. At most, there is home cooking. OKC got it Game 1 as well.

But hey, enjoy the pain while it lasts.

Deuce Bigalow
06-20-2012, 01:11 AM
worst officiated series I've ever seen.

Stuckey
06-20-2012, 01:14 AM
worst officiated series I've ever seen.

lol you just started watching?

the boston miami one was worse, game 2 alone was just.......

Deuce Bigalow
06-20-2012, 01:17 AM
lol you just started watching?

the boston miami one was worse, game 2 alone was just.......
This series is worse

I've been watching since '04

theaussieguy
06-20-2012, 01:22 AM
bad officiating may as well just be classed as bias IMO, the amount of wrong calls i have seen during this entire finals has been farking mind blowing. Out of every sport i have ever watched in my life it has never been so blatant and game altering.

Intentional bias or not, its farking pathetic that with all the refs they have and video playback technology that it still happens so frequently. I am Australian so i don't really owe allegience to any one team, so when i see some seriously sh!tty calls most of the time i just stop watching because i know what i am seeing, whatever the final result may be, has no whiff of integrity.

Indian guy
06-20-2012, 01:23 AM
OKC's been called for 83 fouls in this series to Miami's 77.

Take off your hater glasses and STFU already.

theaussieguy
06-20-2012, 01:26 AM

do u even watch the games? bad calls are bad calls and fans of the league deserve better.

PJR
06-20-2012, 01:28 AM
Miami should have way more free throws. If the game was called even this would have been a sweep.

NumberSix
06-20-2012, 01:29 AM

That's closer than it even should be considering 1 team attacks the basket and the other shoots long jumpers.

I.R.Beast
06-20-2012, 01:41 AM
it's whatever at this point. the 3rd quarter was really bad. Wesbtook had 30 points in the paint and went to the line 4 times. Wade is getting awarded freethrow these days. I hate to see OKC get dogged like that. But what can you say?...

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 01:46 AM
Ever since I started posting again on this forum, every single Heat game has had complaints about refs. Every single one.
Fans on here, and I'm sure outside of here will pick a microchasm, or one play, and make it seem as if it was the whole game.

You know that Wade and Bron got fouled on a few plays, and they didn't get calls either, right? Of course you don't. It's hard to when you are blowing things out of proportion for the sake of it.

LakersReign
06-20-2012, 01:49 AM

People who actually watch games saw it. Some co-workers who were watching it turned it off after that. Can't say I blame them. But remember now, Lebron's supposedly in Jordan's league:roll:

Cangri
06-20-2012, 01:50 AM
I thought today's game was called fair, some bad calls for both teams, happens every game.

Batz
06-20-2012, 01:52 AM
This series in general has been officiated quite fairly actually. Everyone is just really nitpicking at calls because they're really upset. But since I'm not really emotionally invested in this series, I can honestly say that this series has been pretty fair. There's been bad/missed calls, but it's balanced out and you can see why some of them even turn out to bad/missed if you pay attention to detail.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 02:02 AM
This series in general has been officiated quite fairly actually. Everyone is just really nitpicking at calls because they're really upset. But since I'm not really emotionally invested in this series, I can honestly say that this series has been pretty fair. There's been bad/missed calls, but it's balanced out and you can see why some of them even turn out to bad/missed if you pay attention to detail.

I usually have a little respect for Celtic fans. You, like the officiating in this game is suspect as f***. Even Van Gundy and the usual vanilla Mike Breen couldn't stand idioly by without speaking up.

RUSSELL WESTBROOK DIDN'T SHOOT HIS FIRST FREE THROW UNTIL THE FOURTH F****** QUARTER. His 28th shot. A guy who attacks the basket like it raped his sister. Are you trolls kidding me.

Double blocks for goaldtends, Lebron's undercut foul on Durant on the game tying shot in game two, Lebron throwing it off the back of the backboard in game 3. EVERY questionable call goes in there favor. And the refs are evil geniuses about it. They will call back to back touch fouls as Lebron goes to the rim. And on the free throw, they'll call Battier with a meaningless free throw foul :roll: Two made free throws, OKC gets to take it out of bounds. That's a foul apiece. GENIUS. And idiots like this KG rider let it happen. They stand by and let Stern turn this into a Paccio fight.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 02:07 AM
I usually have a little respect for Celtic fans. You, like the officiating in this game is suspect as f***. Even Van Gundy and the usual vanilla Mike Breen couldn't stand idioly by without speaking up.

RUSSELL WESTBROOK DIDN'T SHOOT HIS FIRST FREE THROW UNTIL THE FOURTH F****** QUARTER. His 28th shot. A guy who attacks the basket like it raped his sister. Are you trolls kidding me.

Double blocks for goaldtends, Lebron's undercut foul on Durant on the game tying shot in game two, Lebron throwing it off the back of the backboard in game 3. EVERY questionable call goes in there favor. And the refs are evil geniuses about it. They will call back to back touch fouls as Lebron goes to the rim. And on the free throw, they'll call Battier with a meaningless free throw foul :roll: Two made free throws, OKC gets to take it out of bounds. That's a foul apiece. GENIUS. And idiots like this KG rider let it happen. They stand by and let Stern turn this into a Paccio fight.

What about Bosh, Wade and Bron all getting hacked today and not getting calls?

And since when does a guy taking his 28th shot merit any free throws? Since fans want to use free throw counts as a sign if the officiating was fair or not; and it gets dismissed, why should a player shooting a specific number of shots mean he deserves a free throw?

Westbrook was way too quick. Half the time the Heat defense gave up when he got that step.

HEAT111
06-20-2012, 02:09 AM
You idiots coming in here:

There's a difference between fouls called and non-fouls fouls being called. This is what I'm talking about. So get your "wahwahdyckridinglebronasses" out of here.

Pittsburgh...ahh, how does that Tebow taste?

I.R.Beast
06-20-2012, 02:09 AM

It's really hard to watch as a fan with no horse in the race. I can't imagine how OKC fans feel. I have yet to see a charge when Battier was set. Some of these calls and/or missed calls are so blatantly bad. I dont wanna blame referees becasue LBJ is doing it big, but the Thunder are flat out being jobbed. The "make up" meaningless fouls to make the Foul disparity look good in the boxscore it just pathetic too. I hope by some miracle OKC can pull it off, but i just dont see it.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Refs have been utterly atrocious, but what can you do? Lebron and Wade have been awarded these type of calls (or non calls on the other end) their ENTIRE careers. Nothings gonna change that.

Here's to hoping OKC takes it in 7. :cheers:

Batz
06-20-2012, 02:16 AM

I'm not even a Celtics fan. And Russell's performance consisted of alot of open layups and shooting pull jumpers. Go look back and cut out footage if you want I guess. I don't even recall Westbrooke ever complaining himself about lack of calls. And he's a person who has a high tendency to bitch.

The rest I didn't pay attention to. You seem very upset, and sleep-deprived. So yeah...

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 02:16 AM
What about Bosh, Wade and Bron all getting hacked today and not getting calls?

And since when does a guy taking his 28th shot merit any free throws? Since fans want to use free throw counts as a sign if the officiating was fair or not; and it gets dismissed, why should a player shooting a specific number of shots mean he deserves a free throw?

Westbrook was way too quick. Half the time the Heat defense gave up when he got that step.

Are you kidding me. Did you see the way Westbrook was attacking the rim? And which one of those were not contested? Ecspecially the second half, he literally was scoring over two or three guys in the lane. Even the jump shot at the end of the third he was hit by Chalmers, NO CALL. If it was Ray Allen taking 28 shots before a free throw, then you might have something. But this guy was literally attacking the rim 80% of those shots. No excuse. Touch foul after touch foul send Lebron and Wade to the line.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 02:17 AM
It's really hard to watch as a fan with no horse in the race. I can't imagine how OKC fans feel. I have yet to see a charge when Battier was set. Some of these calls and/or missed calls are so blatantly bad. I dont wanna blame referees becasue LBJ is doing it big, but the Thunder are flat out being jobbed. The "make up" meaningless fouls to make the Foul disparity look good in the boxscore it just pathetic too. I hope by some miracle OKC can pull it off, but i just dont see it.

You don't have to be set to take a charge. Keep crying though. LOL, don't have a horse in this race. Of course you do. I can already pick which team you support in the NBA just on your sentiments about this series.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 02:17 AM
I'm not even a Celtics fan. And Russell's performance consisted of alot of open layups and shooting pull jumpers. Go look back and cut out footage if you want I guess.

The rest I didn't pay attention to. You seem very upset, and sleep-deprived. So yeah...

Well that explains it. I was confused because usually Celtics fans have a good knowledge of the game. Thanks for clearing this up for me.

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 02:18 AM
Pittsburgh...ahh, how does that Tebow taste?

About as good as the most Superbowl rings of any team in the NFL.

How good are those Miami Dolphins though, since you are probably a born and raised Miami native? They've achieved great success. Marino got so many rings while playing there! But you're not a Miami dolphins fan, because you just started liking the Heat and riding bandwagons is your job. Can I borrow your New York Giants hoodie?

Cute way to change the subject though! Where do you live? Montana? Canada? Oregon?

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 02:19 AM
Are you kidding me. Did you see the way Westbrook was attacking the rim? And which one of those were not contested? Ecspecially the second half, he literally was scoring over two or three guys in the lane. Even the jump shot at the end of the third he was hit by Chalmers, NO CALL. If it was Ray Allen taking 28 shots before a free throw, then you might have something. But this guy was literally attacking the rim 80% of those shots. No excuse. Touch foul after touch foul send Lebron and Wade to the line.

Durant got sent to the line on ball denials... What are you on about? So did Lebron, what's the big deal. Bad calls both ways.
Durant flopped hard when James Jones viciously hit him in the chest. :roll:

Westbrook kicked his foot out. Get out with that BS. He's not getting a call for that. And yes, at times he was met at the rim, with defenders going straight up.

Nevaeh
06-20-2012, 02:19 AM

But on the flipside, the Thunder were running the Heat over in the first half, and playing to their strengths. They went away from that and allowed the Heat to frustrate them, and dictate the flow of the game. EVERY SINGLE GAME in this series so far was OKCs for the taking, and they blew it. They steal the next one, and we have a series again.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 02:22 AM
You don't have to be set to take a charge. Keep crying though. LOL, don't have a horse in this race. Of course you do. I can already pick which team you support in the NBA just on your sentiments about this series.

Just because you talk about the one sided officiating doesn't mean you're a homer. I was saying the same thing back in '02 win the Stern stole a championship from the Kings in game 6 of the WCF. I was saying it in '06 when Wade shattered every free throw record on file, going to the line over 16 times per game to rape Dirk out of his first title, and I'm saying it now when it's obvious that Stern wants Lebron to finally get his first title. I live in Vegas, and I will literally make money if the Heat win this series becaue I bet them to win it all. I can show you the ticket. But that doesn't change the fact that this is ridiculously one sided. Enough people who think like you are the reason Stern gets away with it.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 02:22 AM
How about this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRTP7gamxXQ

Not a foul? Straight up? I didn't realize coming across the lane and meeting a player in the air was straight up. Also hitting him in shooting motion before you get the ball is not a foul... Interesting.

G-train
06-20-2012, 02:24 AM
haters gonna hate.
majority of posters cry refs whenever the team they dont want to succeed does.
deal with it.
Miami are beating the thunder, because they have outplayed them.
deal with it again.

Batz
06-20-2012, 02:25 AM
Well that explains it. I was confused because usually Celtics fans have a good knowledge of the game. Thanks for clearing this up for me.
Well I'm not confused at all. I get where you're coming from. You're very upset, probably have been for the majority of this series. So you have a tendency to look at this series with a mass bias point of view, and very close-minded at that. So you pay very attention to the Thunder, and nitpick like crazy. I've been there, I was once a young and upset fan too. But when you begin to understand that there's two teams playing, just open up your mind, and afters years of watching this game - you find that, this has series been tremendously officiated, especially compared to others.

But continue on. Ignore my suggestion of taking up sleep and rant like a maniac. I just want you to know that it'll do you no good, you come out as a ****ing loser. Which I know you'll deny.

And here's a Celtics fan agreeing with me:

Celtics fan here.

The ONLY game featuring Miami this postseason that was blatantly biased in their favour was Game 2 vs Boston. That was disgusting.

Every other game is fair enough. Games 6 and 7? Miami won them fair and square.

Every game in the Finals so far has been fair. At most, there is home cooking. OKC got it Game 1 as well.

But hey, enjoy the pain while it lasts.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 02:27 AM
Durant got sent to the line on ball denials... What are you on about? So did Lebron, what's the big deal. Bad calls both ways.
Durant flopped hard when James Jones viciously hit him in the chest. :roll:

Westbrook kicked his foot out. Get out with that BS. He's not getting a call for that. And yes, at times he was met at the rim, with defenders going straight up.

LOL. As physical as Lebron has played, has he been in foul trouble in this series ONE TIME? NO.

Durant has been in foul trouble almost the entire series except for today. Game 3 he sits with his fourth foul, a phantom foul on Wade that sends Durant to the bench where the Heat proceeded to shave a double digit lead into a tie going into the fourth.

And yes, Westbrook kicked his leg out. Have you seen Wade play this series? He gets that call 100% of the time. Just the previous quarter he gets Harden in the air, leans into Harden who is backing away, NO CONTACT, two free throws because Wade kicks his leg out. Get your head out of your ass sir

Niytrus
haters gonna hate.
majority of posters cry refs whenever the team they dont want to succeed does.
deal with it.
Miami are beating the thunder, because they have outplayed them.
deal with it again.

This

Ketchup
Just because you talk about the one sided officiating doesn't mean you're a homer. I was saying the same thing back in '02 win the Stern stole a championship from the Kings in game 6 of the WCF. I was saying it in '06 when Wade shattered every free throw record on file, going to the line over 16 times per game to rape Dirk out of his first title, and I'm saying it now when it's obvious that Stern wants Lebron to finally get his first title. I live in Vegas, and I will literally make money if the Heat win this series becaue I bet them to win it all. I can show you the ticket. But that doesn't change the fact that this is ridiculously one sided. Enough people who think like you are the reason Stern gets away with it.

Or I can just see that the better team has won 3 out of 4 games?

Good on you for saying it whenever you want, doesn't change the fact. Really? So Stern just decides when everyone is going to win it. If he wanted Lebron to win, why not last year? Why not making him more marketable than ever? Why not make him win as soon as possible so the Jordan comparisons come quick? Why not do it so the NBA really hits off again like it did when Bird-Magic brought it back and MJ took it to the next level.

This talk is just boring for most people who really don't have a horse in this race. Every single series we hear it about the Heat, before they even start. That they're going to get help from the refs, they can't do it alone, it's rigged.

Well why is everyone so mad in the first place that this team was formed? Clearly they aren't good enough to win, so why the hate? They are just like any other team.

This has been the closest to a fair series you'll see. In fact James should have more free throws than he does. He's constantly his with arms and hands yet he keeps going due to strength.

Shut the hell up, watch the series, or better yet, don't if you think it's rigged. Go collect your bullshit ticket you made up if the Heat end up winning and be happy about that at least.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 02:30 AM
And yes, Westbrook kicked his leg out. Have you seen Wade play this series? He gets that call 100% of the time. Just the previous quarter he gets Harden in the air, leans into Harden who is backing away, NO CONTACT, two free throws because Wade kicks his leg out. Get your head out of your ass sir

I don't know what you're watching, but Wade doesn't even have that tendency. He does tend to lean, but never kick his foot out. Way to change history.

And that play you're talking about, was a clear cut foul. Got Harden in the air, he went forward, and hit him. That's a foul. Wade isn't a great shooter, so stay on your feet. Instead he chose to go up and look like a fool.

gilalizard
06-20-2012, 02:34 AM
lol it's so blatant and miami stans are so desperate to deny it

there has never been such blatant bias given to a team in the finals as this

I'm guessing it even surpasses 06

You gotta feel bad for the Thunder, but it fits the NBA storyline: it gets LeBron his first ring, staves off the Heat melting down after failing under fair officiating for a second year in a row. Last year they made the mistake of calling it even sort of fair and Dallas didn't play along with the storyline. This year is NOT being left to chance.

And then it sets up a potential grudge match between the Thunder/Heat down the line somewhere (anybody who thinks NBA execs aren't drooling at such a prospect are more delusional than... well... Heat stans lol)

The determination has probably been made that the Thunder are super young and will earn more opportunities, but the Heat are highly likely to melt down if not gifted a title this year.

So, we see some of the most blatant favoritism ever seen in this sport to boost LeBron James to his first ring. It's a shame really, because as fans of the game we'll never get to see how he would fair under legit officiating. But that's not what's really important... right?

:roll:

gilalizard
06-20-2012, 02:36 AM
But on the flipside, the Thunder were running the Heat over in the first half, and playing to their strengths. They went away from that and allowed the Heat to frustrate them, and dictate the flow of the game. EVERY SINGLE GAME in this series so far was OKCs for the taking, and they blew it. They steal the next one, and we have a series again.

I agree. OKC is making mistakes.

They cannot if they want to win. They have to play damn near perfect, constantly.

Miami of course can play sloppy and badly for stretches and still enjoy a huge advantage to win, because of the favoritism they receive.

OKC doesn't have that advantage. They have to play perfect.

Batz
06-20-2012, 02:36 AM

I'm not even a Miami fan. I don't hate or love any team nor am I die-hard rooting for any of the teams I seriously do not see any bias of officiating in this series. So can we please just shut this thread up already?

gilalizard
06-20-2012, 02:38 AM
I'm not even a Miami fan. I don't hate or love any team nor am I die-hard rooting for any of the teams I seriously do not see any bias of officiating in this series. So can we please just shut this thread up already?

There was obvious bias for Miami for long stretches. It's laughable to deny it. It literally was every play there for a long stretch in the 2nd half.

Just pointing out objective reality, whether you agree or not.

LakersReign
06-20-2012, 02:42 AM

I'm guessing it even surpasses 06

You gotta feel bad for the Thunder, but it fits the NBA storyline: it gets LeBron his first ring, staves off the Heat melting down after failing under fair officiating for a second year in a row. Last year they made the mistake of calling it even sort of fair and Dallas didn't play along with the storyline. This year is NOT being left to chance.

And then it sets up a potential grudge match between the Thunder/Heat down the line somewhere (anybody who thinks NBA execs aren't drooling at such a prospect are more delusional than... well... Heat stans lol)

The determination has probably been made that the Thunder are super young and will earn more opportunities, but the Heat are highly likely to melt down if not gifted a title this year.

So, we see some of the most blatant favoritism ever seen in this sport to boost LeBron James to his first ring. It's a shame really, because as fans of the game we'll never get to see how he would fair under legit officiating. But that's not what's really important... right?

:roll:

The bottom line is, if Durant at 23 gets a title before the supposed "king" it makes him look like the overhyped player that he is. And also makes his supports look foolish as well. Therefore, it's give Lebron a title at all costs. Seems to be Stern's last desperate act as NBA commissioner.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 02:44 AM
Or I can just see that the better team has won 3 out of 4 games?

Good on you for saying it whenever you want, doesn't change the fact. Really? So Stern just decides when everyone is going to win it. If he wanted Lebron to win, why not last year? Why not making him more marketable than ever? Why not make him win as soon as possible so the Jordan comparisons come quick? Why not do it so the NBA really hits off again like it did when Bird-Magic brought it back and MJ took it to the next level.

If you want my honest opinion, Stern probably thought Miami would roll over the Mavs without any help from the officiating, which I agree was fair last year. Also, he probably felt bad for stealing a title from Dirk in '06, Heat hate was at an all time high, so it makes sense. In '02 it was obvious, the NBA wanted a game 7 and would rather see the Lakers in the finals any day of the week. In '06 it was probably a combination of pure hatred toward Cuban and Stern wanting to raise Wade into MJ status. This year, he just decided it was time to get Lebron his title before the Heat implode. If they lost this series Coach is probably fired, Lebron becomes even more fragile and may not live up to the hype. Believe me, Stern is much smarter than you and he proves it over and over again.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 02:45 AM
I like how those complaining throw in smilies to make it seem they're not actually fuming about this, and then throw out the "look at the Heat fans, they're mad, they know they're getting games rigged".

We won, we couldn't care. It's fun annoying you guys more though.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 02:47 AM
If you want my honest opinion, Stern probably thought Miami would roll over the Mavs without any help from the officiating, which I agree was fair last year. Also, he probably felt bad for stealing a title from Dirk in '06, Heat hate was at an all time high, so it makes sense. In '02 it was obvious, the NBA wanted a game 7 and would rather see the Lakers in the finals any day of the week. In '06 it was probably a combination of pure hatred toward Cuban and Stern wanting to raise Wade into MJ status. This year, he just decided it was time to get Lebron his title before the Heat implode. If they lost this series Coach is probably fired, Lebron becomes even more fragile and may not live up to the hype. Believe me, Stern is much smarter than you and he proves it over and over again.

Clearly you though are smarter than Stern, myself and all other NBA fans. Good thing we have you around.

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 02:47 AM
I like how those complaining throw in smilies to make it seem they're not actually fuming about this, and then throw out the "look at the Heat fans, they're mad, they know they're getting games rigged".

We won, we couldn't care. It's fun annoying you guys more though.

"We"

Bandwagon rider: circa '10

comerb
06-20-2012, 02:49 AM
I agree. OKC is making mistakes.

They cannot if they want to win. They have to play damn near perfect, constantly.

Miami of course can play sloppy and badly for stretches and still enjoy a huge advantage to win, because of the favoritism they receive.

OKC doesn't have that advantage. They have to play perfect.

Are you kidding me? OKC has went down into major holes in the first half of nearly every game, combined w/ terrible mental errors in the 4th... sloppy turnovers, stretches of bad ISO offense, and a multitude of missed open shots in the waning minutes.

If OKC eliminated just a handful of those, they'd be up in this series. They have made a ton of mistakes and they are paying for it. I'm sorry you can't handle the reality of that, and you feel the need to post 100 posts every game about how the refs are the only reason Miami is winning.

They didn't need to play perfect or anywhere near to perfect, but they have needed to play just mildly better than than have been. Every game has been close, and every one of OKCs losses can be attributed to a handful of bad plays or missed shots.

HurricaneKid
06-20-2012, 02:49 AM
There was obvious bias for Miami for long stretches. It's laughable to deny it. It literally was every play there for a long stretch in the 2nd half.

Just pointing out objective reality, whether you agree or not.

Its pretty clear you lack a basic understanding of the game. Perk came out publicly and told KD to stop taking stupid fouls. He reaches like few players in the league and has gotten caught jumping on ball fakes a number of times.

Iggy, LeBron, and the other elite wing defenders avg 1.5 fouls a game because they move their feet and are always in position. If you are in the right spot you are going to get the benefit. Mia IS. OKC ISN'T.

Its especially laughable that you cry for this massive conspiracy but your examples aren't even bad calls. Javie said the call would have gone against Westbrook for kicking his leg out, not Chalmers. If LeBron hit the back of the backboard why did the ball go INTO the court? Your HS physics teacher would be ashamed.

HurricaneKid
06-20-2012, 02:53 AM

Remind me to never ask you for your opinion.

Your aluminum hat budget must be out of this world.

ihoopallday
06-20-2012, 03:01 AM
Lol what's sad is half the people complaining aren't even OKC fans. :facepalm Lets say Miami was the team getting these so called "biased calls" and down 3-1, would you people still be bitching. Nope didn't think so. Well this series isn't even over yet, so don't jump off the bridge yet.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 03:01 AM
If LeBron hit the back of the backboard why did the ball go INTO the court? Your HS physics teacher would be ashamed.

You're an idiot :roll: Both Van Gundy and Mike Breen agreed that hit the back of the backboard and both agreed it should've been a violation. And it did go backwards and to the right. The reason it stayed on the court is because the backboard is literally five feet off the baseline :roll:

Here's a court diagram if you're confused.

http://157.166.255.30/index.php?title=Image:NBA_Court_Dimensions.gif

gilalizard
06-20-2012, 03:04 AM
Lol what's sad is half the people complaining aren't even OKC fans. :facepalm Lets say Miami was the team getting these so called "biased calls" and down 3-1, would you people still be bitching. Nope didn't think so. Well this series isn't even over yet, so don't jump off the bridge yet.

lol fans of the game demanding competitive integrity are somehow "sad"

miami stans :roll:

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 03:04 AM
"We"

I've been posting here since 06 lol...

But sure, I just jumped on the wagon for the convenience of your argument. Not like the hundreds of posters that were here prior to Lebron joining could back me up or anything. :oldlol:

How mad are you that you have to attack my fanhood? :oldlol:

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 03:11 AM
I've been posting here since 06 lol...

But sure, I just jumped on the wagon for the convenience of your argument. Not like the hundreds of posters that were here prior to Lebron joining could back me up or anything. :oldlol:

How mad are you that you have to attack my fanhood? :oldlol:

Okay.

I haven't slept for weeks actually that's how mad I am. I'm finally at ease though because you're obviously part of the roster posting "we" in your message.

Been posting since '06? Hey didn't the Heat win around that time or noooo? Gotta love all the bandwagoners on this site.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 03:17 AM
Okay.

I haven't slept for weeks actually that's how mad I am. I'm finally at ease though because you're obviously part of the roster posting "we" in your message.

Been posting since '06? Hey didn't the Heat win around that time or noooo? Gotta love all the bandwagoners on this site.

I'm not sure the board existed before then... :oldlol:
You're right though, can't be a fan if you weren't on ISH before a certain time period. In fact I actually didn't know what basketball was prior to joining this site.

'We' is what you're complaining about? If it wasn't for fans, there would be no sports. 95% of the world refers to it this way. When your country is playing another in a sport, you say 'we won' or 'we lost'.
When talking about America, which is where I assume you live, you associate with 'we'.
Eddy Curry didn't play, but I'm sure he says 'we won'.

You sound like a little bitch. I bet you are a little bitch complaining about trivial things like that.

Stay mad. ;)

HurricaneKid
06-20-2012, 03:22 AM
You're an idiot :roll: Both Van Gundy and Mike Breen agreed that hit the back of the backboard and both agreed it should've been a violation. And it did go backwards and to the right. The reason it stayed on the court is because the backboard is literally five feet off the baseline :roll:

Here's a court diagram if you're confused.

http://157.166.255.30/index.php?title=Image:NBA_Court_Dimensions.gif

IT WENT FORWARD INTO THE COURT. PROVING IT HIT THE BOTTOM OF THE BASKET- Which is notably IN BOUNDS.

That loud sound was the shotgun in your HS physics teachers mouth going off.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 03:25 AM
Even an unbiased Tim Legler can see what you dopes can't.

Timothy Legler ‏@LegsESPN

Mia is playing great. Make no mistake. But it's getting ridiculous how few calls they get on similar plays to what Mia gets. Obvious.

OKC cannot get the benefit of the doubt on any calls. Too many touch calls for the NBA Finals

7:57 PM - 19 Jun 12 via Twitter for iPhone

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 03:30 AM
[QUOTE=tastystaci]Even an unbiased Tim Legler can see what you dopes can't.

Mia is playing great. Make no mistake. But it's getting ridiculous how few calls they get on similar plays to what Mia gets. Obvious.

OKC cannot get the benefit of the doubt on any calls. Too many touch calls for the NBA Finals

HurricaneKid
06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
All these complaints about officiating and I haven't heard ONE specific play that was called in clear error outside the possible end of G3. And I would be happy to list several specific plays that Mia players didn't get calls on.

And LOL @ taking JVG seriously. He advocated for taking out charging out of the rule book.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 03:34 AM
Same guy that tipped the Thunder in 6?
Same one that said Celtics will beat the Heat in game 6 and 7?

So now we're questioning Tim Legler's credibility? Dude has been one of the legit NBA analysts for 10+ years. Dude just called it how he sees it. You think he would put his reputation on the line by saying something he didn't think was true?

LakersReign
06-20-2012, 03:35 AM
[QUOTE=tastystaci]Even an unbiased Tim Legler can see what you dopes can't.

RazorBaLade
06-20-2012, 03:46 AM
All these complaints about officiating and I haven't heard ONE specific play that was called in clear error outside the possible end of G3. And I would be happy to list several specific plays that Mia players didn't get calls on.

And LOL @ taking JVG seriously. He advocated for taking out charging out of the rule book.

how about the one at the end of game 2?

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 03:48 AM
how about the one at the end of game 2?

How about Chalmers and Wade not fouling Thabo while he missed 2 open dunks, yet he got FT's for them? How about Lebron getting raked today and not getting anything. How about Wade getting handchecked in the post and pushed today?

Etc, etc.

One final play doesn't make it more meaningful than a play earlier in the game.

RazorBaLade
06-20-2012, 03:51 AM
How about Chalmers and Wade not fouling Thabo while he missed 2 open dunks, yet he got FT's for them? How about Lebron getting raked today and not getting anything. How about Wade getting handchecked in the post and pushed today?

Etc, etc.

right but we dont have the ability to go back and examine every single play in the game and determine the calls. Kobe elbowing bibby in the nose and bibby getting called for a foul was a big deal regardless of if there was a missed travel 40 minutes earlier. The difference between a call at any other point is that it has the chance of being made up later in the game, but at the END its literally the decisive factor and then the games over.

Either the refs make a concerted effort to not decide games at the end with calls or they don't, flip flopping which ever way the heat need to at the time is not right.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 03:51 AM

Etc, etc.

LOL. Are you kidding me. A foul with 6 seconds left in game two that should've sent Durant to the line to tie the game isn't more meaningful than a handcheck in the first quarter? Why do I even bother :banghead:

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 03:54 AM
LOL. Are you kidding me. A foul with 6 seconds left in game two that should've sent Durant to the line to tie the game isn't more meaningful than a handcheck in the first quarter? Why do I even bother :banghead:

This isn't a last basket wins situation.

When something is cumulative, then every proceeding stat is as important as the other.

RazorBaLade
06-20-2012, 03:56 AM

When something is cumulative, then every proceeding stat is as important as the other.

You're not going to convince anyone that a ft in the first second of the game is ever going to mean as much as one in the end. Or fouls. Theres just too much time to make things up and change the course of the game.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 03:59 AM

And answer me this? All the alleged "no calls" that you claim for the Heat are handchecks, bang-bang plays at the rim. Could you honestly say in a million years that if Wade and Lebron were hit like that ON A JUMP SHOT that they would not have gotten that call? If you say anything other than "Ah...Yeah, they would've gotten that call" then you are either a liar or an idiot.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 04:01 AM
You're not going to convince anyone that a ft in the first second of the game is ever going to mean as much as one in the end. Or fouls. Theres just too much time to make things up and change the course of the game.

One situation doesn't arise if the other one is correct.

Say basketball is a minute long and there are only 2 possessions. If the first possession is a BS call, and the offensive team is jobbed out of 2 points, and on the last possession the offensive team is awarded 2 points when they shouldn't have. Does that not make them as important as each other?

Each game has microchasms that you can pick out. It evens out over time. It's human nature to associate something with less time available as more important.

So no, it's not more important just because it's at the end. If the right call was made initially, who is to say that play happens?

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 04:02 AM
And answer me this? All the alleged "no calls" that you claim for the Heat are handchecks, bang-bang plays at the rim. Could you honestly say in a million years that if Wade and Lebron were hit like that ON A JUMP SHOT that they would not have gotten that call? If you say anything other than "Ah...Yeah, they would've gotten that call" then you are either a liar or an idiot.

I don't know. I've only been watching Lebron for 2 years since coming to the Heat, and in all the years I've watched Wade, I've never seen him kick out his feet to get the call.

RazorBaLade
06-20-2012, 04:04 AM
One situation doesn't arise if the other one is correct.

Say basketball is a minute long and there are only 2 possessions. If the first possession is a BS call, and the offensive team is jobbed out of 2 points, and on the last possession the offensive team is awarded 2 points when they shouldn't have. Does that not make them as important as each other?

Each game has microchasms that you can pick out. It evens out over time. It's human nature to associate something with less time available as more important.

So no, it's not more important just because it's at the end. If the right call was made initially, who is to say that play happens?

How about this, 100 possessions.

You got screwed over on possession number 2. You have 98 possessions to play perfectly and make up for that one botched possession.

vs

1 possession

You got screwed over and lost the game

What would you rather have?

Are they both putting you into an equal position?

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 04:04 AM
I don't know. I've only been watching Lebron for 2 years since coming to the Heat, and in all the years I've watched Wade, I've never seen him kick out his feet to get the call.

I thought we were talking about the Durant foul at the end of game 2 where Lebron hooked Durant around the arm and undercut him, all while Durant was going up for the game tying basket. He did not kick his legs out at all. In the two years that you've watched Lebron and the number of years watching Wade, could you honestly say that either one of them would not have gotten that call on a jump shot?

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 04:06 AM
How about this, 100 possessions.

You got screwed over on possession number 2. You have 98 possessions to play perfectly and make up for that one botched possession.

vs

1 possession

You got screwed over and lost the game

What would you rather have?

Are they both putting you into an equal position?

If it's an even number, or close to of botched calls for each team, it really doesn't matter to me when it happens. Obviously you're frustrated as a fan it happened in the dying seconds, but it happens.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 04:08 AM
I thought we were talking about the Durant foul at the end of game 2 where Lebron hooked Durant around the arm and undercut him, all while Durant was going up for the game tying basket. He did not kick his legs out at all. In the two years that you've watched Lebron and the number of years watching Wade, could you honestly say that either one of them would not have gotten that call on a jump shot?

It's not something either are famous, or known for. I've seen Wade lean into opponents, but he hardly gets that call. Only if the opposing player is jumping into him.

I'm sure it may have happened, but since watching Wade when he was drafted, I can't recall a specific one.

RazorBaLade
06-20-2012, 04:11 AM
If it's an even number, or close to of botched calls for each team, it really doesn't matter to me when it happens. Obviously you're frustrated as a fan it happened in the dying seconds, but it happens.

Thats interesting. I'd definitely rather have 3 botched calls in the start and go down 6-0 with the full game ahead of me to catch up instead of being tied with the game being called perfectly then they go on a 6-0 ref fueled run with 10 seconds remaining.

zabuza666
06-20-2012, 04:18 AM
"We"

Actually if you look at his previous account (plowking) he has been a heat fan for ages.

Also for those bitching about the refs, shut the **** up. What about Ibaka's blatant foul when Wade hurt his back? Don't hear you complaining then.

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 04:22 AM
Actually if you look at his previous account (plowking) he has been a heat fan for ages.

Also for those bitching about the refs, shut the **** up. What about Ibaka's blatant foul when Wade hurt his back? Don't hear you complaining then.

If he has been a Heat fan before their ring with Shaq, then I apologize. As far as the blatant foul, I really liked Wade's acting though as if he just got hit by a car. Classy stuff from a classy guy.

zabuza666
06-20-2012, 04:25 AM
If he has been a Heat fan before their ring with Shaq, then I apologize. As far as the blatant foul, I really liked Wade's acting though as if he just got hit by a car. Classy stuff from a classy guy.

Oh wow your bias is showing.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 04:26 AM

LOL, that's like the fifth time you donkey homers have brought that up. Yes there was contact on that play because Ibaka was coming from the weakside and Wade threw himself into him. Ibaka could not have jumped more straight up than he did. Both announcers agreed that it was a clean block and that Wade created the contact. The only play you morons bring up wasn't even a foul, confirmed by both commentators:roll: :roll:

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Oh wow your bias is showing.

Oh wow I clearly despise the Heat so what? Is that not evident enough? Yeah,I want them to lose. I just wanted to see a series with even officiating which this clearly has not been whatsoever.

NumberSix
06-20-2012, 04:30 AM
Oh wow I clearly despise the Heat so what? Is that not evident enough? Yeah,I want them to lose. I just wanted to see a series with even officiating which this clearly has not been whatsoever.
:hammertime: MAD:hammertime:

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 04:40 AM

NumberSix=LeBron's Number= you being one of the pathetic flaming pieces of cow dung on this site.

PS George W. Bush is the worst president of all-time.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 04:42 AM

Classy. I'm sure you were dancing last year when Dirk raped Lebron for the title. And Dirk doesn't need the officials to win titles, Lebron and Wade do.

comerb
06-20-2012, 05:05 AM
Classy. I'm sure you were dancing last year when Dirk raped Lebron for the title. And Dirk doesn't need the officials to win titles, Lebron and Wade do.

u are mad aren't you

stevieming
06-20-2012, 05:07 AM

Totally agree...

stevieming
06-20-2012, 05:10 AM
The way westbrook attacked the paint and the amount of free throws he was awarded just showed how biased the refs were...ficking joke...

let's hope stern wants to make it last to game 7 and rig the next two games in OKC's favour...maybe the refs will start calling some fouls on shane and lebron at the beginning of the game for holding KD all the time..

In my book, a whole arm hooked around someone's waist to stop them from where they're going is a damn foul!

NumberSix
06-20-2012, 05:10 AM
NumberSix=LeBron's Number= you being one of the pathetic flaming pieces of cow dung on this site.

PS George W. Bush is the worst president of all-time.
Are you under the impression that I'm some kind of George W. Bush fan or something? :confusedshrug:

Andrei89
06-20-2012, 05:11 AM
My god the haters tears are delicious!!!!!!:applause: :applause:

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 05:12 AM
Are you under the impression that I'm some kind of George W. Bush fan or something? :confusedshrug:

Nah, I don't know where I came up with that.

NumberSix
06-20-2012, 05:16 AM
http://www.sportingbreakdown.com/image/sports/small/1206/so-much-hate-on-the-refs-fans-refs-basketball-heat-celtics-sports-1338803472.jpg

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 05:20 AM
http://www.sportingbreakdown.com/image/sports/small/1206/so-much-hate-on-the-refs-fans-refs-basketball-heat-celtics-sports-1338803472.jpg

Or biased...

Nice grammatical failure and attempt at making people get shit-faced grin on their face. Good thing you didn't use a cliche meme either.

NumberSix
06-20-2012, 05:27 AM
Or biased...

Nice grammatical failure and attempt at making people get shit-faced grin on their face. Good thing you didn't use a cliche meme either.
Are you under the impression that I created that pic? :confusedshrug:

hkfosho
06-20-2012, 05:39 AM
Lmfao these tears taste so good. OKC is just not good enough. Durant is not the best player in the league. Westbrook hogs the ball and makes dumb mistakes. Something an elite PG wouldn't do.

Next :oldlol:

zabuza666
06-20-2012, 05:44 AM

Want even officiating? Or you just blew off an obvious foul as Wade 'acting'. You don't want even, you just want the heat to lose ffs

Figlo
06-20-2012, 06:28 AM
quit whining haters

Floppy
06-20-2012, 06:58 AM
I wonder if they're ever gonna call that blatant travel Lebron has done numerous times throughout these playoffs. A huge hop step followed by at least another step.

There is no way in hell that a pro ref, let alone 3, would ever miss that.

But apparently you have to protect super stars from their own inabilities.

I.R.Beast
06-20-2012, 07:07 AM
I wonder if they're ever gonna call that blatant travel Lebron has done numerous times throughout these playoffs. A huge hop step followed by at least another step.

There is no way in hell that a pro ref, let alone 3, would ever miss that.

But apparently you have to protect super stars from their own inabilities.
man , i'm telling you....There is no way a hop that high in the air can be legal.

Nick Young
06-20-2012, 07:17 AM
What if Stern is just setting it up for an even bigger Lebron choke?

People tune in to see Lebron fail and his failure causes alot of interest in the league.

If he chokes with a 3-1 lead-this off season will be crazy.

Perhaps Stern is planning on giving Westbrook the D-Whistle treatment? We all can hope.

It makes no sense why he would make Lebron's first ring so easy.

Floppy
06-20-2012, 07:21 AM
man , i'm telling you....There is no way a hop that high in the air can be legal.
I don't even care about the hop. He proceeds to establish a pivot after it.

That's ****ing ridiculous.

nashwade
06-20-2012, 07:23 AM
because OKC winning the championship and Westbrook winning FMVP is not a good story for the NBA to tell

Teanett
06-20-2012, 07:23 AM
the refs are bullsheet.

Apogee
06-20-2012, 08:09 AM
Every where i go all i see is :cry:

I.R.Beast
06-20-2012, 08:46 AM

ohh that the other one...i was raving about it...He plays by his own rules...hopstep then pivot...smh

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 09:20 AM

If you land on two feet you can establish which one is the pivot. What's the problem?

SacJB Shady
06-20-2012, 09:23 AM
face it. miami is better! :banana: :bowdown: :applause:

Floppy
06-20-2012, 09:46 AM
If you land on two feet you can establish which one is the pivot. What's the problem?
No you can't.

You can't take 2 steps, cause that's what a hop step is, and then establish your pivot.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 09:49 AM
No you can't.

You can't take 2 steps, cause that's what a hop step is, and then establish your pivot.

He's not. He does a jump step into the paint after picking up his dribble. That's two steps. Then he has the right to choose a pivot foot. Thus, it's still two steps, since he is just pivoting.

Punpun
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM

Yeah, that move is definitely fishy. A hop step counts as two steps. It's freaking strange.

Floppy
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
He's not. He does a jump step into the paint after picking up his dribble. That's two steps. Then he has the right to choose a pivot foot. Thus, it's still two steps, since he is just pivoting.
You can't establish your pivot after taking 2 steps.

QUIZZLE
06-20-2012, 09:56 AM

This. I don't know what you're on about Ketchup, but what you said is what we call a travel.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 10:05 AM

Take a right handed layup. You go up off your left foot. So right foot first, then left foot. Say you decide you don't want to do it. You've taken two steps, and you can still pivot on that right foot you planted first, as long as it's still in contact with the floor. What's the difference here?

Punpun
06-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Give to Lebron hi due. That move his ****ing flawless. But I'm not sure if it's not a travel.

RaininTwos
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
No you can't.

A one-two jump stop establishes a pivot foot for you. Landing on both feet at the same time gives the choice of a pivot. I'm not saying he doesnt travel sometimes but this is grasping at straws.

CelticBaller
06-20-2012, 10:09 AM
face it. miami is better! :banana: :bowdown: :applause:
frontrunner ***

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 10:10 AM
A one-two jump stop establishes a pivot foot for you. Landing on both feet at the same time gives the choice of a pivot. I'm not saying he doesnt travel sometimes but this is grasping at straws.

What I was trying to point out in better words.

niko
06-20-2012, 10:16 AM
The officiating doesn't annoy me as much as the media who says "the heat deserved to win anyway". If the officiating is not so bad, OKC is not playing from behind all the time, and it might work out better. OKC is behind all the time, MIami makes a few plays to keep them there, and that's somehow "clutch".

Floppy
06-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Take a right handed layup. You go up off your left foot. So right foot first, then left foot. Say you decide you don't want to do it. You've taken two steps, and you can still pivot on that right foot you planted first, as long as it's still in contact with the floor. What's the difference here?
That's not the same as taking 2 steps though. That would be one step followed by a pivot step as long as you don't lift your right foot. If you'd establish your left foot as your pivot then that would be a travel.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 10:21 AM
That's not the same as taking 2 steps though. That would be one step followed by a pivot step as long as you don't lift your right foot. If you'd establish your left foot as your pivot then that would be a travel.

How is it not the same? It's just the timing that's different. If he did the same shit with one foot touching the floor slightly before the other, then pivoting with that first step, you wouldn't complain.

I do the same thing in rec ball, and once you explain it to the umpires they realize they're wrong for calling a travel, and you are in fact allowed to do it.

Floppy
06-20-2012, 10:31 AM
The only thing you can do after a hop step or taking 2 steps is shoot or pass. That's it.

This isn't blind hate on Lebron. Taking a huge hop step and then another step let alone establishing a pivot followed by several jab steps is as blatant a travel there is and there is no way a ref could ever miss that.

We had the same discussion last year on one of Dirk's and Wade's game winners iirc where they took another small step to hold their balance after a jump stop. It was rightly labeled a travel and it wasn't even close to what Lebron has done several times in these playoffs.

Ketchup
06-20-2012, 10:38 AM
The only thing you can do after a hop step or taking 2 steps is shoot or pass. That's it.

This isn't blind hate on Lebron. Taking a huge hop step and then another step let alone establishing a pivot followed by several jab steps is as blatant a travel there is and there is no way a ref could ever miss that.

We had the same discussion last year on one of Dirk's and Wade's game winners iirc where they took another small step to hold their balance after a jump stop. It was rightly labeled a travel and it wasn't even close to what Lebron did several times in these playoffs.

Show me an example. We might not even be talking about the same thing.

Floppy
06-20-2012, 10:55 AM
Quote from NBA rule book (http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Official-NBA-Rule-Book.pdf) page 37.

"A progressing player who jumps off one foot on the first step may land with both feet simultaneously for the second step. In this situation, the player may not pivot with either foot and if one or both feet leave the floor the ball must be released before either returns to the floor."

I hope that clarifies it. :D

RaininTwos
06-20-2012, 10:58 AM
Quote from NBA rule book (http://mediacentral.nba.com/media/mediacentral/Official-NBA-Rule-Book.pdf) page 37.

"A progressing player who jumps off one foot on the first step may land with both feet simultaneously for the second step. In this situation, the player may not pivot with either foot and if one or both feet leave the floor the ball must be released before either returns to the floor."

That's not the same as a hop step off the dribble.:biggums:

Floppy
06-20-2012, 11:29 AM
That's not the same as a hop step off the dribble.:biggums:
:coleman:

madmax
06-20-2012, 01:38 PM

you obviously can in NBA, where amazing happens:lol :D
Anyway, Lebron is not the only one guilty of travelling in this league, that's for damn sure...if you want to see travels getting called, tune into FIBA games for a change:cheers:

gasolina
06-20-2012, 01:47 PM

They really need to clarify this shit. What is "first step"? Does stepping with your non-pivot foot with a dribble constitute a first step? Or is ist moving the pivot foot with the dribble?

This is how your standard layup happens in NBA games.

1. Face up
2. Step with non pivot foot (like a jab step)
3. Step with pivot foot + dribble
4. Two steps
5. Layup

Is there something in the rules that clarify if #2 is a step? Cause if it is, then that's 4 steps.