PDA

View Full Version : Nash got some thinking to do this summer

Bigsmoke
06-20-2012, 03:28 AM
...really

will he stay humble and stay with the Suns?
Join the Lakers
Heat?
KNicks?
Magic if Dwight stays?
retire?

:confusedshrug:

HorryIsMyMVP
06-20-2012, 03:29 AM
...really

Join the Lakers
Heat?
Magic if Dwight stays?
retire?

He will go to which ever contender offers him the most money lol.

Ancient Legend
06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
I hope he chooses the Heat as a backup pg /spot up shooter but playing around 27 mpg including late game situations. He can also teach them a thing or two on how to shoot jumpers and free throws while he's there.

Xiao Yao You
06-20-2012, 03:31 AM
Or to the Jazz with a ready made offense for him to make a contender.

Bigsmoke
06-20-2012, 03:33 AM
He will go to which ever contender offers him the most money lol.

pretty much

i wanna see him play for the Heat!!!

TylerOO
06-20-2012, 03:33 AM

Lol no one wants to play in Utah

SuperPippen
06-20-2012, 03:35 AM
I believe Nash has stated that he intends to play another 3 or so years, so I don't think he's considering retirement.

Whatever team he signs with, it's good to know that we'll have at least another couple years of quality Nash in the NBA.

SyRyanYang
06-20-2012, 03:37 AM
How about simply enjoy playing professional basketball?:coleman:

Xiao Yao You
06-20-2012, 03:37 AM
Lol no one wants to play in Utah

I think Nash would love to play in their offense. Stockton had a big influence on his game. It's close to his kids in Phoenix. They can give him the money and years he wants. They become a contender with him.

Lebron23
06-20-2012, 03:39 AM
Miami Heat. He wants to win a championship ring.

bluechox2
06-20-2012, 03:42 AM
Miami Heat. He wants to win a championship ring.
lebron would love having nash take currys role,

Bigsmoke
06-20-2012, 03:44 AM

you play to win. :coleman:

u dont think Nash is playing this sport with a bad back and advanced age just for the hell of it.

ChrisPosh
06-20-2012, 03:49 AM
this fall... mayun thizus tuff... dis fall i be takin mah talents to souf beech, and join the miami heat

~Steven Jonathon Nash (c. 2012)

Cermet
06-20-2012, 03:52 AM
The blazers :D but they should fire their medical staff. Other than that blazers could be a pretty good team. If they make atleast NOT stupid moves and draft decent enough players then maybe sign some free agents and get rid of dumb f@cks like Felton. AND resign Batum and Hickson, that's a priority.

Ancient Legend
06-20-2012, 03:52 AM
LeBron needs reliable shooters. Can you imagine LeBron finding Nash in the corner on the transition three. Or the other way around, LeBron won't have to clap to Nash for the ball like he does to Chalmers when he's posting up or otherwise has an advantage over his defender. These things come natural for Nash. The second unit with Wade and Nash at the start of the 2nd qtr would be so potent.

SacJB Shady
06-20-2012, 04:28 AM
I hope he chooses the Heat as a backup pg /spot up shooter but playing around 27 mpg including late game situations. He can also teach them a thing or two on how to shoot jumpers and free throws while he's there.

I would like nash and brooke lopez to come off bench for miami

unbreakable
06-20-2012, 04:28 AM
Nash doesnt care about winning.. all he cares about is money. Dude woulda asked for a trade or resigned elsewhere a long time ago if he cared about winning.

Ancient Legend
06-20-2012, 04:29 AM
I would like nash and brooke lopez to come off bench for miami

You mean Robin Lopez right? Brook is not a scrub to be coming off the bench.

QuebecBaller
06-20-2012, 04:48 AM
Nash doesnt care about winning.. all he cares about is money. Dude woulda asked for a trade or resigned elsewhere a long time ago if he cared about winning.

This

I hope he stays in Phoenix

nbaballllller
06-20-2012, 04:55 AM
nash playing for miami wuld b killer.

running pick and rolls with bosh/bron? having wade and bron on the wings? catching and shooting wide open 3's all day? daaang

who knows wat he values most thou. as people have stated above, it seems like money is the primary motive

pauk
06-20-2012, 05:54 AM
I love Nash... he deserves a ring, he is welcome in Miami :D He would be an excellent complementary player to Lebron/Wade with that super shooting and passing

HorryIsMyMVP
06-20-2012, 06:00 AM
He obviously cares about winning. Are you drunk? In 2008 he cried after losing to the Lakers because he knew that was his last chance to win a ring as the man. He just doesn't care about winning a ring that badly any more. He wanted to do it as the man. Not like Jason Kidd. He still wants a ring but hes grounded enough to realize money is more important.

Bigsmoke
06-20-2012, 06:03 AM

stop trying to make up shit.
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/story/2012-04-18/Nash-ready-to-leave-Suns-to-play-for-a-contender/54394670/1

comerb
06-20-2012, 06:06 AM
I'd absolutely love Nash on the Heat. I have a feeling we might see Miller retire after this season, he's been beat the hell up the last couple years, and that might open up some spending money for us. We might at least be able to send a respectable offer his way.

However, I don't think Nash will want to play in Miami. I don't think he'll want to ride coattails to a ring, I have a feeling it just wouldn't mean nearly as much to him. He'll probably go after a last big payday.

Xiao Yao You
06-20-2012, 06:18 AM
He obviously cares about winning. Are you drunk? In 2008 he cried after losing to the Lakers because he knew that was his last chance to win a ring as the man. He just doesn't care about winning a ring that badly any more. He wanted to do it as the man. Not like Jason Kidd. He still wants a ring but hes grounded enough to realize money is more important.

Kidd already said he wouldn't play for the vet minimum. He wants his money too.

Figlo
06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
no way he's going to the Heat, he can't handle the hollywood pressure

HorryIsMyMVP
06-20-2012, 06:24 AM
Thunder will be losing Fisher, Naz and Ivey. They need a PG. That PG is Nash and they could make some more signings while they are at. Sign Boris Diaw and Jason Thompson. And Ramon Sessions
Nash/ Sessions
Westbrook/ Harden
Durant/Sefolosha
Ibaka/Diaw/ Thompson
Perkins/ Collision

I dunno I like it maybe?

HorryIsMyMVP
06-20-2012, 06:26 AM
Kidd already said he wouldn't play for the vet minimum. He wants his money too.
I know. lol. I'm just saying in 2008 Nash didn't aspire to win a championship as a role player. He wanted a title as the MVP. And hes coped with that.

JtotheIzzo
06-20-2012, 06:32 AM
no way he's going to the Heat, he can't handle the hollywood pressure

probably one of the dumbest posts ever on this forum.

I like him on The Lakers to be honest (and I am no fan of the Lakers). He takes pressure off Kobe (he'll handle the ball in key situation, knock down open shots, create open shots, score when needed, open the floor, put Kobe in position to attack etc...) and add a year or two to his career.
He will also run a nice pick and roll with Bynum, and whoever else they get for dealing Pau (they will deal Pau).
Nash makes the Lakers a potential finalist again.

Figlo
06-20-2012, 06:35 AM

I like him on The Lakers to be honest (and I am no fan of the Lakers). He takes pressure off Kobe (he'll handle the ball in key situation, knock down open shots, create open shots, score when needed, open the floor, put Kobe in position to attack etc...) and add a year or two to his career.
He will also run a nice pick and roll with Bynum, and whoever else they get for dealing Pau (they will deal Pau).

lol, his personality doesn't fit, Heat wouldn't improve THAT much since he is such a big liability on D, but sure they'll still be the best team out there.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-20-2012, 06:37 AM

Nash wouldn't go to the Lakers. :facepalm He hates the Lakers with a passion. They would have to give him like 20 million for him to consider it. Then he would just tank on purpose.

InspiredLebowski
06-20-2012, 06:43 AM
Guess who the one team is with the money to spend that Nash deserves and a gaping hole with a low block big with an elite pick and pop big right next to him is.

Indy makes too much sense. Other than headlines.

RaininTwos
06-20-2012, 06:54 AM
Guess who the one team is with the money to spend that Nash deserves and a gaping hole with a low block big with an elite pick and pop big right next to him is.

This is what I came in here to post.

QuebecBaller
06-20-2012, 07:30 AM
Don't forget Nash said in the past that he'd like to finish his career in Canada

:rockon: :rockon:

Derka
06-20-2012, 07:35 AM
I'd absolutely love Nash on the Heat. I have a feeling we might see Miller retire after this season, he's been beat the hell up the last couple years, and that might open up some spending money for us. We might at least be able to send a respectable offer his way.

However, I don't think Nash will want to play in Miami. I don't think he'll want to ride coattails to a ring, I have a feeling it just wouldn't mean nearly as much to him. He'll probably go after a last big payday.

Mike Miller's not retiring and even if he were, the Heat would still have to pay his contract out whether he retired or gets amnestied (see the Celtics, still paying Rasheed Wallace and Shaquille O'Neal this past season). As if that weren't enough, without his money they're still almost $20 million over the salary cap...they get zero relief from dropping his money.

Steve Nash gets $3 million tops if he goes to Miami and that's not even with the guarantee that they get a ring with him there. Furthermore, Miami needs to concern itself with throwing that $3 million at the first passable big man that they can get their hands on.

That'd be a ridiculously good place for him.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-20-2012, 07:36 AM
Don't forget Nash said in the past that he'd like to finish his career in Canada

And New York. lol.

JtotheIzzo
06-20-2012, 07:38 AM

The Raptors are such a shit show.

blablabla
06-20-2012, 07:43 AM
ny for the mle

Funnyfuka
06-20-2012, 08:21 AM
obviously heat dont need him to win a chip... also he s a ball hog, no way he fits with lebron and wade.

PP34Deuce
06-20-2012, 09:16 AM
I don't think Nash caress bout a ring as much as you guys think. He's a business man and very smart, Nash isn't going to piggy back on a team because they won a ring this year or last....

They say he wants to be in a vibrant city, and no discount on his services.

Sounds like he wants to be where its a live city that can pay him.

my dark horse this whole time has been Toronto. Which means I feel Nash is going to the East based on more competitive opportunity. He still prob wants no lower than 9 million.

swi7ch
06-20-2012, 09:48 AM
He's a 2x MVP. He deserves to AT LEAST play in the Finals even just once in his career. Obviously, MIA is the best choice followed by again MIA as the 2nd and 3rd choices.

longtime lurker
06-20-2012, 09:48 AM

And he'll let whoever he's guarding go for 30+ on him. Lakers need youth and athleticism. They need players that actually care(not the Nash doesn't) I'd be all for Nash if Kobe was a couple years younger and they didn't have the slow plodding front court of Bynum, Gasol n Artest.

Meticode
06-20-2012, 09:51 AM
Thunder will be losing Fisher, Naz and Ivey. They need a PG. That PG is Nash and they could make some more signings while they are at. Sign Boris Diaw and Jason Thompson. And Ramon Sessions
Nash/ Sessions
Westbrook/ Harden
Durant/Sefolosha
Ibaka/Diaw/ Thompson
Perkins/ Collision

I dunno I like it maybe?
Don't like it. Westbook and Durant demand the ball too much. Durant moves without the ball at times on catch and shoots, Westbrook totally dominates the ball and you take him out of his element, Or you have Westbrook dominate the ball then Nash just becomes a spot-up shooter.

Scholar
06-20-2012, 09:52 AM
...really

Join the Lakers
Heat?
KNicks?
Magic if Dwight stays?
retire?

I like how that's the only option that isn't followed by a question mark. :oldlol: Subliminally telling Nash to join the Lakers, eh?

Carry on.

swi7ch
06-20-2012, 09:53 AM
LOL. It's like playing a video game but never finishing/beating it.

PickernRoller
06-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Nash can join the Heat....Lebron, Wade and Nash with the Heat and Kobe-Lakers meets them in the finals...best final series ever....Nash will give Kobe more than enough motivation to leave it all out or retire. F'ck Nash....

Loves to beat Kobe/Lakers...I love to see his sorry @ss face when he looses to Kobe/Lakers.

Nash
06-20-2012, 05:39 PM
LOL at people calling Nash a ring chaser if he joins the Heat. Ring chaser is someone who's finished and is just chasing the ring by letting other people do the work while not being good enough to make an impact on the court. Nash on the Heat will be part of their big 4 and will be one of the main reasons they win a ring.

bagelred
06-20-2012, 05:43 PM
...really

So accepting easily the biggest money offer is staying humble?

That's a great spin........

KingBeasley08
06-20-2012, 05:43 PM
Nash can be Miami's 6th man. :oldlol: @ the guy 3 posts above acting like LA's gonna make the finals next year

t-rex
06-20-2012, 07:02 PM

Utah?

You can't be serious.

DStebb716
06-20-2012, 07:05 PM

What is wrong with people? Backup PG? BACKUP PG TO WHO!? ****ing stupidity.

nightprowler10
06-20-2012, 07:15 PM
What? You can't possibly think he could take Chalmers' spot!

:lol

BTW, he's not going to the Heat. They can't afford him.

RonArtestsBalls
06-20-2012, 11:55 PM
Nash has been loyal enough, he shouldn't have to worry about his reputation as everyone knows he's a stand up guy.

Nash should play for which ever team has the most serious chance of getting him a ring, and where he will play decent minutes and be a contributor.

No one deserves a ring more than Steve Nash and there is absolutely no shame in putting yourself in the best position to get one.

I hate Miami, but they would certainly be a logical fit for all of the above and if he won a championship I'd be thrilled for him.

Unforgiven
06-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Nash has been loyal enough, he shouldn't have to worry about his reputation as everyone knows he's a stand up guy.

Nash should play for which ever team has the most serious chance of getting him a ring, and where he will play decent minutes and be a contributor.

No one deserves a ring more than Steve Nash and there is absolutely no shame in putting yourself in the best position to get one.

I hate Miami, but they would certainly be a logical fit for all of the above and if he won a championship I'd be thrilled for him.

Post of the year, count not agree more. Nash has nothing to prove to anyone, if I were him I'd simply put myself in the best position to win a ring while contributing at a high level.

Kurosawa0
06-21-2012, 12:05 AM
I'm not really that huge on Nash going to Miami. Chalmers is a great player for what Miami needs and I think Norris Cole could be a great spark plug off the bench next season.

Miami needs either another swing player to replace Mike Miller or a backup center. I actually think Grant Hill might be a better for what they do.

Xiao Yao You
06-21-2012, 12:45 AM
Utah?

You can't be serious.

Why not? He says he wants to play 3 years and get paid and will listen to everyone? Miami can't pay him.

EnoughSaid
06-21-2012, 12:47 AM
I think Chalmers fits us perfectly, so Nash really won't be a great fit. He should go to the Bulls and help them while Rose isn't playing.

IGotACoolStory
06-21-2012, 12:51 AM
Nash to OKC and move Westbrook to his natural position.

Maniak
06-21-2012, 01:05 AM
Not Phoenix...?

Stupid owners might actually realize it's time to rebuild then.

Derrick
06-21-2012, 01:08 AM
Not Phoenix...?

Stupid owners might actually realize it's time to rebuild then.
I hope sarver is reading !!

Maniak
06-21-2012, 01:12 AM
I wish Sarver listened to me :D

I think I'd rather OKC than Miami for Nash though. I don't think he'd fit in Miami that well.

outbreak
06-21-2012, 01:14 AM
I don't see Nash even being that helpful to Miami. Their style of play doesn't suit him and he'd just get in the way of Lebron and Wade's isos. OKC would be a good fit with Nash and Westbrook running as a 2 guard line up. Knicks would make sense too and Amare would actually become a star again with Nash. I'd still would have liked him in Orlando throwing lobs to Dwight if things had gone down different.

Maniak
06-21-2012, 01:15 AM
Nash would work better with players like Durant and Harden than LeBron and Wade.

RaininTwos
06-21-2012, 01:20 AM
I don't see Nash even being that helpful to Miami. Their style of play doesn't suit him and he'd just get in the way of Lebron and Wade's isos. OKC would be a good fit with Nash and Westbrook running as a 2 guard line up. Knicks would make sense too and Amare would actually become a star again with Nash. I'd still would have liked him in Orlando throwing lobs to Dwight if things had gone down different.

I disagree actually. The heat would benefit from his play-making and deadly shooting, but I think Indy is a better fit for him imo. If he were to join the heat, Lebron would post up more knowing that there is guy who can consistently make a good entry pass, something missing from their roster if James is in the post(Wade is the laziest passer I have seen in sometime). Nash would also be able to run the pick and roll with James/Wade/Bosh and wreak havoc. It would force Bron and Wade to become better off ball players as well.

At the very least he would still be a great pickup but they most likely wont get him.

Indy is the best option imo.

Maniak
06-21-2012, 01:21 AM
Indy is a pretty solid option. Great big man in Hibbert and lots of good shooters.

Is Granger staying?

gilalizard
06-21-2012, 03:25 AM
I've got mad respect for Nash as a competitor and player. Up to this point.

So far, I have far more respect for him than anyone on a stacked team like the Heat. Nash played the game hard and unforgiving, but never ran away from his own potential greatness to stack up for easy victories.

If he bolts to the Heat, I'll lose a lot of respect for his competitive integrity. I won't blame him for wanting an easy ring after all his work and struggles, but I won't really respect it in any way.

I have far more respect for a star player who never wins a championship but goes down gun blazing than a star player that stacks up with other stars to win easy rings. When they do that, it reduces championsips to accumulating empty stats.

I hope Nash doesn't buy into that. Right now he's a positive influence on the game. If he buys into the Miami self-involved douchebaggery, he'll become part of the problem.

blacknapalm
06-21-2012, 03:30 AM
i think nash would be fun to watch on either atlanta on indy

RazorBaLade
06-21-2012, 03:45 AM
Lakers/heat are the no brainer options imo, and heat probably have a little more ring chasing connotation than joining the lakers at this point does because we really do need him..

livingby3's
06-21-2012, 04:17 AM
Indy is a pretty solid option. Great big man in Hibbert and lots of good shooters.

Is Granger staying?

but they still got to get pass Heat and Bulls to get to the finals.
Hibbert, George, Granger Indy have a good roster for Nash to fit in, but they probably wont be good enough to get out of the east.

blacknapalm
06-21-2012, 04:26 AM
but they still got to get pass Heat and Bulls to get to the finals.
Hibbert, George, Granger Indy have a good roster for Nash to fit in, but they probably wont be good enough to get out of the east.

heat and bulls would still be favored (though people have to remember rose isn't going to bounce back right away). adding nash just improves indy. it really rests on how fast george can develop. nash only has a two year window of decent play at the most

PP34Deuce
06-21-2012, 10:28 AM
Nash is going to Toronto, I just have this feeling he wants to go to a multicultural vibrant city that can pay him 8-10 mill a year for 2-3 years that has a team with athletes and shooters that just needs some guidance to compete in the weaker east.

I don't see Nash going to a team where he's not really the big reason they go over. New York has no cash to do it, and MIA is a bad fit with no money.

Indy is a great team but Nash likes Big cities. ATL is a cultural city, but their players are a mess collectively.

Toronto has everything needed for him to "turn them around" like he did Phoenix and with development of young talent and good draft they can be a 5th seed with him.