k0kakw0rld
06-20-2012, 03:00 PM
Quicker, Better Shooter and rebounder.

PJR
06-20-2012, 03:01 PM
Yep. Also far more durable.

Velocirap31
06-20-2012, 03:02 PM
If Derrick Rose doesn't come back 100%, then this is a no-brainer.

Tenchi Ryu
06-20-2012, 03:04 PM
http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8049035

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:8054494

With these guys.

Noob Saibot
06-20-2012, 03:05 PM
I don't know if he's a better shooter, except mid-range. but Westbrook is more versatile on both ends of the floor.

DuMa
06-20-2012, 03:06 PM
Rose never scored 43pts on the Heat either. so 'Every Day I'm Russlin' > Rose

Cangri
06-20-2012, 03:08 PM
I don't know if he's a better shooter, except mid-range. but Westbrook is more versatile on both ends of the floor.
He's defensively the better shooter, Rose mid range has regressed this year and Westbrook's has improved. But alone with the fact that Westbrook is more durable easily puts him over Rose.

lbj23clutch
06-20-2012, 03:12 PM
Old news for me. I've always believed Westbrook had better potential. More explosive, more aggressive, better rebounder, better defender, better midrange game, better size, bigger hands, longer wingspan, and Westbrook has that alpha male trait in him, a lot like young Kobe. He's also never missed a game since middle school. Look out for this kid in a couple years, he ain't just a side kick. Rose is much better at playing his position though.

Don't kill me Bulls fans, I'm just a HUGE fan of GOATBROOK. :lol

lbj23clutch
06-20-2012, 03:14 PM
29/7/7 on 48% in his first NBA Finals against the best defensive team in the association. He's been playing better then KD in my opinion in these finals, yet GOATBROOK gets ALL the blame.

tikay0
06-20-2012, 03:17 PM
If you would've said > Rose, i might think okay, he probably has his reasons. I can respect that, but >>>>>>>>> just means a rose hater.

OhNoTimNoSho
06-20-2012, 03:18 PM
Prisoners of The Moment.

Noob Saibot
06-20-2012, 03:19 PM
Rose never scored 43pts on the Heat either. so 'Every Day I'm Russlin' > Rose

Not defending Rose or anything, but Rose was getting hounded by LeBron last year. and Westbrook this year is abusing Wade and LeBron is containing Durant. So Westbrook doesn't have to worry about LeBron as much because of Durant.

Tenchi Ryu
06-20-2012, 03:23 PM
Not defending Rose or anything, but Rose was getting hounded by LeBron last year. and Westbrook this year is abusing Wade and LeBron is containing Durant. So Westbrook doesn't have to worry about LeBron as much because of Durant.
Had Wade and Lebron double teaming him at times....cause its not like they had to take Keith Bogans seriously on offense.

tikay0
06-20-2012, 03:25 PM
Give Rose, Kevin Durant, and your gonna see daily threads of "is derrick rose the greatest pg since magic???"

konex
06-20-2012, 03:25 PM
I agree

Batz
06-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Prisoners of The Moment.
Yeah honestly this is getting stupid.

Pointguard
06-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Westbrook doesn't run his team, nor is he the leader. Westbrook is the number two option on his team and sometimes the third. Rose is not on a team where two players were better than him in two successive series or not be the best player offensively three successive series and more than likely a complete four series playoff run. If Miami was able to cue in on Westbrook like they did Rose in '11 the number of mental mistakes, turnovers and they would have never won a game. But with that said Westbrook is one of a few great players at this time. He also helps the argument that hybrid guard seems to have more impact than the pure guard at this time.

madmax
06-20-2012, 03:44 PM
Of course he is.
Just as good penetrator, much better shooter and scorer as well. Debrick Rose has nothing on him really

General
06-20-2012, 03:51 PM
29/7/7 on 48% in his first NBA Finals against the best defensive team in the association. He's been playing better then KD in my opinion in these finals, yet GOATBROOK gets ALL the blame.
If only he was a bit taller, he'd be better than Durant.

lbj23clutch
06-20-2012, 03:51 PM
Westbrook doesn't run his team, nor is he the leader. Westbrook is the number two option on his team and sometimes the third. Rose is not on a team where two players were better than him in two successive series or not be the best player offensively three successive series and more than likely a complete four series playoff run. If Miami was able to cue in on Westbrook like they did Rose in '11 the number of mental mistakes, turnovers and they would have never won a game. But with that said Westbrook is one of a few great players at this time. He also helps the argument that hybrid guard seems to have more impact than the pure guard at this time.
Westbrook is the 1st option of the team just as much as KD is. Russ is the aggressor of the Thunder. KD just isn't agressive enough at times and it has to do with his inability to get open at times. Never bought into Russ not passing it enough to KD.

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2012, 04:03 PM
RW is a probably the best rebounding guard in the league, an overall better defender, better pull-up jumper especially mid-range, pound for pound arguably the most athletic player in the league, very durable.

Rose is just as good of a slasher and a tad better at finishing at the rim when in traffic, better facilitator and playmaker, better long range shooter.

Neither is extremely clutch but Rose probably gets the edge here. Nether is really a strong leader as well. Consistency is a big flaw in both their games as well.

Overall I'd go with Rose just because they both play PG and Rose is a bit better suited at the position but RW is probably a better overall player. When I watch RW, I see a more athletic Monta Ellis, not a PG prototype and too small for a SG.

RW is playing some good ball right now though, yesterday was damn exciting minus that C-Webb type blunder at the end.

OhNoTimNoSho
06-20-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah honestly this is getting stupid.
yea just look at the amount of greater than symbols. Thats not even good math logic.

Tenchi Ryu
06-20-2012, 04:08 PM
RW is a probably the best rebounding guard in the league, an overall better defender, better pull-up jumper especially mid-range, pound for pound arguably the most athletic player in the league, very durable.

Rose is just as good of a slasher and a tad better at finishing at the rim when in traffic, better facilitator and playmaker, better long range shooter.

Neither is extremely clutch but Rose probably gets the edge here. Nether is really a strong leader as well. Consistency is a big flaw in both their games as well.

Overall I'd go with Rose just because they both play PG and Rose is a bit better suited at the position but RW is probably a better overall player. When I watch RW, I see a more athletic Monta Ellis, not a PG prototype and too small for a SG.

RW is playing some good ball right now though, yesterday was damn exciting minus that C-Webb type blunder at the end.
Disagree with the bold

Ken_Masters
06-20-2012, 04:10 PM
Rose is better. Rose never misses layups. He is LeBron-lite.

KingBeasley08
06-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Yep. Also far more durable.
Yup.

tastystaci
06-20-2012, 04:12 PM
Would D-Rose commit a foul with less than 5 seconds on the opposing shot clock, over 13 on the game clock down only 3?? :confusedshrug:

lbj23clutch
06-20-2012, 04:14 PM

:applause:

Dat bball knowledge!

lbj23clutch
06-20-2012, 04:16 PM
Would D-Rose commit a foul with less than 5 seconds on the opposing shot clock, over 13 on the game clock down only 3?? :confusedshrug:
No, he would've clanked 2 clutch free throws in the end though.

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2012, 04:19 PM
Disagree with the bold

eloborate?

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2012, 04:23 PM

That was such a bad mistake. His performance practically went down the drain with that play. What a shame.

Tenchi Ryu
06-20-2012, 04:32 PM
eloborate?
Rose for one can get pretty underrated as a defender. I also think he's a smarter defender then Westbrook. Westbrook tends to lose his assignment from always focusing on the ball. He also has a tendency to sag too much giving his man too much space and allowing a long range shot. Rose plays better team defense, and does a better job changing assignments if necessary. And doesn't have as many instances as looking "lost" during a defensive set like Westbrook at times.

The reason why Westbrook looks so athletic is cause of his raw explosive power, keyword RAW. It gives off the perception of being more athletic, but Rose's evasion abilities are a testament to his athleticism as well. The ability to contort near flawlessly in midair takes elite athleticism and body control, which NOBODY in the league can do like him.

I also give Rose the nod of better slasher as he has probably the best quickstep in the league and definitely the quickest player IMO. Westbrook is fast and maybe faster, but can be pretty linear, one of the main reasons he is usually colliding with someone. Rose on the other hand can change direction better.

Disagree completely about Rose not being a good leader, he is easily one of the best leaders in the NBA right now and leads by example. He's constant getting praise from other players, coaches and other media outlets about his superb leadership qualities.

And then there is the simple fact that Rose makes smarter decisions on the court. I know it's hard to tell from this year from the injuries, but Rose does a much better job picking and choosing when and where to do things. Whether to pass, cut left, shoot the open jumper, or run the PnR, he does a great job with making the right decisions. Last year was a lot of "Hero Ball", and that was cut down significantly this year.

So I currently say that Westbrook and Rose are definitely in the same tier, and have both in the elite superstar top 10 tier, but I'll take Rose as the better PG and overall player.

Pointguard
06-20-2012, 04:39 PM
Neither is extremely clutch but Rose probably gets the edge here.

Both are among the top clutch players in the league. A bad series on Rose part shouldn't be overexaggerated. Rose had won more games in the fourth quarter than any player that year. In the playoffs only Dirk was better from beginning to end.

Nether is really a strong leader as well.
There was not a player close to the Rose's leadership in '11. His team went thru everything and he lead them thru it for the best record despite it being a young team. Westbrook doesn't have the mantle because the franchise player is considered Durant but rarely does a player step up like he does when Durant's youth asserts itself. At their age you rarely ever see guys reflect leadership like these two.

KingBeasley08
06-20-2012, 04:48 PM
Now that I think about it Rose is a better player but the dudes injury prone like crazy and Westbrook hasn't missed a single game in his career so I'd take him

Tenchi Ryu
06-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Now that I think about it Rose is a better player but the dudes injury prone like crazy and Westbrook hasn't missed a single game in his career so I'd take him
I'd wait before we call him injury prone. Even though it was a shitty year, it was just one year. Now if we start seeing a trend when he returns, then its time to start preparing to see him follow Wade's path.

jbot
06-20-2012, 04:58 PM
man, a guy gets hurt and it's hatin' time. i'd still take rose over westbrook and i'm more of an okc fan over the bulls. i think rose is a better finisher, passer and is a smarter point guard.

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2012, 05:18 PM
Both are among the top clutch players in the league. A bad series on Rose part shouldn't be overexaggerated. Rose had won more games in the fourth quarter than any player that year. In the playoffs only Dirk was better from beginning to end.

There was not a player close to the Rose's leadership in '11. His team went thru everything and he lead them thru it for the best record despite it being a young team. Westbrook doesn't have the mantle because the franchise player is considered Durant but rarely does a player step up like he does when Durant's youth asserts itself. At their age you rarely ever see guys reflect leadership like these two.

Fair enough. Rose is a clutch player. Perhaps I wasn't giving him enough credit.

As far as leadership goes, Rose and RW's court maturity at their age is definitely ahead of the curve, won't deny that. However, maturity doesn't equate leadership. I can see that Rose does try to lead by example but he seems too reserved to be a vocal leader. Leading by example is the easiest aspect of leadership. Being vocal and knowing how to constructively criticize yourself along with your teammates is hard, and I don't see that aspect with Rose. Yeah he may be the star on the team with humility that everyone respects and appreciates but I don't even think he's a real locker room presence on that team. Thibs was ultimately the real reason behind the Bulls success.

RW was deemed the leader on his team, even Durant wanted him to lead the team instead of himself. Durant really only wants to be the closer. RW leadership still needs refining. Still not a great leader but definitely taking it in stride.

Tenchi Ryu
06-20-2012, 05:26 PM
As far as leadership goes, Rose and RW's court maturity at their age is definitely ahead of the curve, won't deny that. However, maturity doesn't equate leadership. I can see that Rose does try to lead by example but he seems too reserved to be a vocal leader. Leading by example is the easiest aspect of leadership. Being vocal and knowing how to constructively criticize yourself along with your teammates is hard, and I don't see that aspect with Rose. Yeah he may be the star on the team with humility that everyone respects and appreciates but I don't even think he's a real locker room presence on that team. Thibs was ultimately the real reason behind the Bulls success.

All you had to do was look at the Playoffs to get your answer. When Rose went down, Bulls were literally shot in the heart. And it showed terribly in the next game and rest of the series. People were on the court lost at times, Deng acted like he didn't give a shit til game 3, Watson proved why he ain't a starting PG, and all that beautiful passing we learned went to shit. Rose's missing presence was clearly effecting the team.The player's faces told you exactly what every member of the Bulls team was thinking when their leader went down.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2623/scaledphptn0server856fi.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/4/29/1335669359510/Chicago-Bulls-and-injured-007.jpg

And yea Thibs deserves a great amount of credit, but it wasn't him alone. Otherwise we should have beat the Sixers with what we had, and we didn't.

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2012, 05:31 PM
Rose for one can get pretty underrated as a defender. I also think he's a smarter defender then Westbrook. Westbrook tends to lose his assignment from always focusing on the ball. He also has a tendency to sag too much giving his man too much space and allowing a long range shot. Rose plays better team defense, and does a better job changing assignments if necessary. And doesn't have as many instances as looking "lost" during a defensive set like Westbrook at times.

The reason why Westbrook looks so athletic is cause of his raw explosive power, keyword RAW. It gives off the perception of being more athletic, but Rose's evasion abilities are a testament to his athleticism as well. The ability to contort near flawlessly in midair takes elite athleticism and body control, which NOBODY in the league can do like him.

I also give Rose the nod of better slasher as he has probably the best quickstep in the league and definitely the quickest player IMO. Westbrook is fast and maybe faster, but can be pretty linear, one of the main reasons he is usually colliding with someone. Rose on the other hand can change direction better.

Disagree completely about Rose not being a good leader, he is easily one of the best leaders in the NBA right now and leads by example. He's constant getting praise from other players, coaches and other media outlets about his superb leadership qualities.

And then there is the simple fact that Rose makes smarter decisions on the court. I know it's hard to tell from this year from the injuries, but Rose does a much better job picking and choosing when and where to do things. Whether to pass, cut left, shoot the open jumper, or run the PnR, he does a great job with making the right decisions. Last year was a lot of "Hero Ball", and that was cut down significantly this year.

So I currently say that Westbrook and Rose are definitely in the same tier, and have both in the elite superstar top 10 tier, but I'll take Rose as the better PG and overall player.

Rose really isn't really that good of a defender. He is pretty good helping off the weak side and resembles Wade a bit at times in terms of protecting the rim but that's about it. RW is better at staying front of his man. Westbrook does get lost in rotations at times and loses track off his man and perhaps isn't as disciplined as Rose, I agree but that should get better with time.

RW looks so athletic because he actually is really that athletic. Rose with his body control is amazing, which is why he is so good at finishing at the rim especially with traffic, but RW athletic ability is among the best in the league. this is not arguable. I will say Rose does have unrivaled quickness though which has been such a viable reason he is so good at getting to the rim (hopefully the acl injury didn't take away too much). You say RW is linear with his speed, same goes with Rose. Neither really use change of pace very well. Arenas used to be a master of changing pace.

As for the rest, Rose is overall a better PG. Makes better decisions and knows how to set his teammates up so we agree on that, but overall, I think RW is better. If you say Rose, I won't argue, it's pretty close in my book anyways. I would still take Rose as I said earlier.

ClutchOver9000
06-20-2012, 05:39 PM
Both are freakishly athletic. Tenchi explained the comparisons btwn the two perfectly in terms of athleticism but I personally would give Westbrook the very slight edge.

Rose is the better PG, Westbrook IMO is a SG.

Both polar opposites in terms of persona. Rose is extremely reserved, low-speaking, quiet, while Westbrook is fiery, and very excitable.

The one edge Westbrook does have over Rose is durability. Dude is like a mini-Lebron health-wise.

Both guys are elite guards.

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2012, 05:41 PM
All you had to do was look at the Playoffs to get your answer. When Rose went down, Bulls were literally shot in the heart. And it showed terribly in the next game and rest of the series. People were on the court lost at times, Deng acted like he didn't give a shit til game 3, Watson proved why he ain't a starting PG, and all that beautiful passing we learned went to shit. Rose's missing presence was clearly effecting the team.The player's faces told you exactly what every member of the Bulls team was thinking when their leader went down.
http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2623/scaledphptn0server856fi.jpg
http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Sport/Pix/pictures/2012/4/29/1335669359510/Chicago-Bulls-and-injured-007.jpg

And yea Thibs deserves a great amount of credit, but it wasn't him alone. Otherwise we should have beat the Sixers with what we had, and we didn't.

The entire offense was built around Rose and Rose was their best player. Take away any franchise player on any team during the playoffs and their teammates will act in the same manner. Hopelessness is practically a natural human response and almost expected when something like that happens. The Bulls have one star player, Rose going down was obviously a big blow.

Sixers are a pretty balanced team. They don't exactly have that star player who can close out games but without Rose, Sixers were still better built to win that series. Thibs can only do so much as a coach, execution is key.

And I wan't saying Rose wasn't vital to the Bulls success, cause obviously he was.

LBJDW305
06-20-2012, 05:48 PM
Last series rondo was the greatest PG in the league. This series it's Westbrook. Last week durant was the real next Jordan and way better then lebron. 3 wins later lebron is in route to top 5 GOAT.... I'd take a healthy rose over Westbrook. Rose has never shined vs the heat because he's had lebron on him. As much as I hate the bulls and homer heat hating bulls fans on here. Id say rose over WB. Prior to injury

tikay0
06-20-2012, 07:22 PM
I think Rose is quicker and faster at end to end speed. I've chcecked numerous clips of both of them on the fast break. Rose has another gear, where as westbrook is fast, but not turbo fast. The only player in the NBA that is faster end to end is john wall. That dude's top speed is ridiculous.

imdaman99
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
i been sayin this for the longest :confusedshrug: the performance he put on last night keeping them in the game was something else. they were all huge memorable plays, sometimes getting hit with no call whatsoever. he was begging for calls, and the refs were just looking at him as if he wasnt touched. the fact that the first time he got to the line was well into the 4th quarter was a travesty.

Bigsmoke
06-20-2012, 07:47 PM
Westbrook is a derrick rose wannabe

give me the real thing please

when healthy

nathanjizzle
06-20-2012, 07:57 PM
ronnie turiaf> greg oden.

nathanjizzle
06-20-2012, 07:58 PM
ben gordon > brandon roy

imdaman99
06-20-2012, 08:01 PM
notice how there arent too many of these bulls fans talking about how westbrook would not be that good on his own team anymore. westbrook does not need durant to be able to do his thing. he could do this on any team.

i give rose his due. he prob still is better but if westbrook keeps improving and stays injury-free, the sky is the limit for him. that was an unreal display last night :bowdown: he took on the whole heat team, the 3-headed (or 2 and half) monster in a 4th quarter of a huge game.

at the same time, i hate how ppl have to do these threads about x player being better than y player. why not just enjoy them both?

tikay0
06-20-2012, 08:14 PM
notice how there arent too many of these bulls fans talking about how westbrook would not be that good on his own team anymore. westbrook does not need durant to be able to do his thing. he could do this on any team.

i give rose his due. he prob still is better but if westbrook keeps improving and stays injury-free, the sky is the limit for him. that was an unreal display last night :bowdown: he took on the whole heat team, the 3-headed (or 2 and half) monster in a 4th quarter of a huge game.

at the same time, i hate how ppl have to do these threads about x player being better than y player. why not just enjoy them both?

Wtf are you talking about? He's a good player, but the reason why he has so much success against the heat's weak ass front line is because Durant, harden and fisher space the floor like no tomorrow. Put rose on the thunder, and the series would've been done already, in okc's favor.

LBJDW305
06-20-2012, 08:15 PM
ben gordon > brandon roy

So in other words your saying Westbrook>Rose

RRR3
06-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Wtf are you talking about? He's a good player, but the reason why he has so much success against the heat's weak ass front line is because Durant, harden and fisher space the floor like no tomorrow. Put rose on the thunder, and the series would've been done already, in okc's favor.
Because Rose has had so much success against the Heat. :rolleyes:

Cali Syndicate
06-20-2012, 08:16 PM

That's the homerism talking.

eliteballer
06-20-2012, 08:33 PM
With the damage Westbrook has done vs Miami its a legitimate question to ask if the Bulls could have beat them

k0kakw0rld
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM
man, a guy gets hurt and it's hatin' time. i'd still take rose over westbrook and i'm more of an okc fan over the bulls. i think rose is a better finisher, passer and is a smarter point guard.
Smarter? Did you really say smarter?
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/675742tumblrluqgbdAvRw1qbfrk2.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=675742tumblrluqgbdAvRw1qbfrk2.gif)

KingBeasley08
06-20-2012, 09:26 PM
Smarter? Did you really say smarter?
http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/675742tumblrluqgbdAvRw1qbfrk2.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=675742tumblrluqgbdAvRw1qbfrk2.gif)
:oldlol:

tikay0
06-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Because Rose has had so much success against the Heat. :rolleyes:
Yeah, because luol Deng/Carlos boozer are the same as having Kevin Durant and James harden spreading the floor for you. Yeah, lebrons number 1 assignment was luol deng instead of rose. :rolleyes:

Jyap9675
06-21-2012, 03:20 AM
if westbrook had scalabrine court vision he'll be better than Drose. serzly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6Bqt3u98Vs

SuperPippen
06-21-2012, 03:55 AM
Nah, healthy Rose is still better than Westbrook.

Of course the key word here is "healthy". Westbrook has shown himself to be extremely durable, while Rose recently suffered a potentially career-altering injury.

Nothing wrong with giving Westbrook his due, because he's certainly played well, but I don't understand why there is a need to disrespect a player in order to prop up another.

gigantes
06-21-2012, 04:02 AM
Russell Westbrook >>>>> Derrick Rose
russell westbrook turns in to derrick rose?

sure... let me know how that works out for you. good luck in your most excellent hallucinations!

nathanjizzle
04-27-2015, 02:36 PM
westbrook is a very underrated player. hes doing great so far in the playoffs.

Beastmode88
04-27-2015, 02:37 PM

east vs west
switch d rose and westbrook and they wouldnt of lost that last game.

Wiltside
04-27-2015, 02:37 PM

:lol Hasn't missed a shot.

imdaman99
04-27-2015, 03:47 PM
It's Rose's turn to change everyone's opinion back to him being better than Westbrook since Russ ain't in the playoffs. Although, might I add that Westbrook was playing in the West and missed the playoffs because someone who can't shoot 3s double pumped a 3 in at the buzzer. Westbrook's playoffs last year was better than anything Rose has done as well.

But if Rose can lead the Bulls to the championship, than I will give him his due. We are far far far away from that though.

Cocaine80s
04-27-2015, 04:05 PM
Lol i wonder what name that rose d!ck rider Tenchi Ryu is currently posting under :roll:

LongLiveTheKing
04-27-2015, 04:16 PM
Derrick Rose will never play as good as Westbrook did this year.

red1
04-27-2015, 05:49 PM
OP is a prophet