PDA

View Full Version : Dan Gilbert..

MJ(Mean John)
06-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Where is he at?

Someone needs to interview this man. How does he feel? This would be great.

bmulls
06-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Who gives a shit. He had the best player in the world on his team and refused to spend the $ to get him quality help. Him and the city of Cleveland made millions and millions of dollars off of Lebron and then threw a tantrum when he left.

Pushxx
06-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Cleveland messed up a lot of opportunities, but they weren't cheap with $. To be fair to Cleveland.

macmac
06-22-2012, 11:05 AM
Who gives a shit. He had the best player in the world on his team and refused to spend the $ to get him quality help. Him and the city of Cleveland made millions and millions of dollars off of Lebron and then threw a tantrum when he left.

You're not very familiar with the salary cap are you

The_LA_Blakers
06-22-2012, 11:08 AM

Exactly.

Lebron didn't owe Cleveland anything. He played out his contract, left for a team where he would make more money, play with his best friend, and have a better chance at a championship. Everything he did is now validated.

Yeah, he made a spectacle of things by the decision and "not 4, not 5..." but he did nothing wrong.

Oh, and he wasn't Cleveland's native son. The dude was from Akron, Ohio, an hour south of Cleveland, and growing up he couldn't stand Cleveland because all of the kids from Cleveland would pick on Akron kids, calling them dirtballs and what not.

Good for Lebron. Good for Bosh. Good for D-Wade. Good for Miami. I'm glad all of this nonsense finally ends! Longest 2 damn years of my life!

Meticode
06-22-2012, 11:11 AM
This is untrue. They spent a lot of money and overspent being in the luxary tax if I'm not mistaken. The problem is they couldn't bring their plan A options in, they had to go to plan B a lot. The biggest mistake was signing Larry Hughes and overpaying him. He just came off a career year with the Wizards and the Cavaliers took too much hype in that. I think things would've worked out better if Antwan Jamison played up to par when he came, but he totally sucked.

KingBeasley08
06-22-2012, 11:12 AM
Lebrons been really humble which is nice but I really wanted him to just go to the microphone and say "Ay Dan, how my ass taste" :roll:

Meticode
06-22-2012, 11:13 AM
Lebrons been really humble which is nice but I really wanted him to just go to the microphone and say "Ay Dan, how my ass taste" :roll:
He doesn't really need to, teh championship speaks for itself. He wouldn't let go of the trophy. When they were center court he hugged the son-a-bitch the whole time. Then they showed them in the locker room with Bosh basically facializing himself with champagne and LeBron still was hugging that son-a-bitch.

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2012, 11:14 AM
The guy is a billionaire. Im sure he will be able to sleep at night. Not sure why Gilbert gets bashed for the Cavs not putting a team around Lebron. Sure, he should get his balls busted for that drunken open letter he wrote, but Cavs front-office were the ones that blew it.

Stat & Melo
06-22-2012, 11:24 AM
The guy is a billionaire. Im sure he will be able to sleep at night. Not sure why Gilbert gets bashed for the Cavs not putting a team around Lebron. Sure, he should get his balls busted for that drunken open letter he wrote, but Cavs front-office were the ones that blew it.

Do you know what a billion dollars is? :biggums:

I doubt he's even half way to that

macmac
06-22-2012, 11:27 AM

I think you're the one that's retarded...dan has over a billion....look at jayz dude has half a bill and only owns like 2% of nets

soadrules
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM

I believe he's talking about Dan Gilbert, not LeBron.

RaininTwos
06-22-2012, 11:29 AM
Money doesnt make you sleep easier at night :oldlol:

Sarcastic
06-22-2012, 11:30 AM
https://fbcdn-profile-a.akamaihd.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/187412_100000726559338_468313602_n.jpg

macmac
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM
Money doesnt make you sleep easier at night :oldlol:

How would u know?

I think I'd be resting quite comfortably if I had a billion dollars at my command

The_LA_Blakers
06-22-2012, 11:32 AM

LOL - do you have any idea how filthy rich you have to be to own a professional sports franchise?

Stat & Melo
06-22-2012, 11:33 AM
I believe he's talking about Dan Gilbert, not LeBron.

My bad. Total fail on my part. I thoight he was talking about lebron.

RaininTwos
06-22-2012, 11:34 AM
How would u know?

I think I'd be resting quite comfortably if I had a billion dollars at my command

If I already have people bothering me for money, I can't imagine having a billion dollars. I wouldn't be able to trust anyone imo.

Kurosawa0
06-22-2012, 11:35 AM
Very, very petty man. Needs to take a look in the mirror and take some of the blame himself.

Kiddlovesnets
06-22-2012, 12:38 PM
Oh that loser, must be crying in his office now.

gasolina
06-22-2012, 12:54 PM
I'm guessing most of you guys don't know what Dan Gilbert has done for the city of Cleveland, the Cavs franchise, and the city of Detroit. Guy is a cool dude.

And on that open letter, he addressed it to Cleveland fans. The letter just shared the sentiments of what 99% of Cavs fans felt at that time. I don't see anything wrong with that.

Was he responsible for not getting better players for your hero? Maybe, but then what does Danny Ferry do? Gilbert ok'd going to luxury tax territory year after year and not fearing to pull the trigger on trades.

He even ok'd the Cavs hiring some of Lebron's posse.

If anything, he's guily of enabling Lebron a little too much.

LA_Showtime
06-22-2012, 01:00 PM

I'm sorry, but that's a load of tosh.

LBJMVP
06-22-2012, 02:05 PM
what a f*cking retarded thread.

dan gilbert is mad lebron won a ring like the rest of us cleveland fans, but no that miami won its time to concentrate on what really matters... that cavaliers, and the draft.

CLE[216]
06-22-2012, 02:12 PM
I feel for Dan Gilbert. We lost a once-in-a-generation player and got nothing in return because he never said he was leaving.

GOBB
06-22-2012, 02:14 PM
Yeah I've read he's actually a damn good owner. My issue is how he handled the Lebron drama. Pretty much immature and lame. I think when people bash Dan its really based off of that. They including myself really have no idea/clue what he has done. I admit I dont, just get my info from Cavs fans defending him. I have no issue with him.

CLE[216]
06-22-2012, 02:19 PM
Yeah I've read he's actually a damn good owner. My issue is how he handled the Lebron drama. Pretty much immature and lame. I think when people bash Dan its really based off of that. They including myself really have no idea/clue what he has done. I admit I dont, just get my info from Cavs fans defending him. I have no issue with him.

Think about how mad he probably was when he wrote that letter. We lost LeBron for nothing. At least the Nuggets got some players in return for Melo, and the same should happen for the Magic with Dwight. LeBron really f*cked the Cavs over, but because of DG's bank account we should be relevant again in a surprisingly short amount of time.

50inchvertical
06-22-2012, 02:26 PM
You also forgot him crying about the CP3 trade and getting it blocked, or being the main GM who was trying to lock out the season.

GOBB
06-22-2012, 02:26 PM
']Think about how mad he probably was when he wrote that letter. We lost LeBron for nothing. At least the Nuggets got some players in return for Melo, and the same should happen for the Magic with Dwight. LeBron really f*cked the Cavs over, but because of DG's bank account we should be relevant again in a surprisingly short amount of time.

Already thought about that and still feel the same. He's an owner. He cant act like that. Gotta keep those emotions in check. He allowed for people like me to clown and take shots at how he acted.

You also forgot him crying about the CP3 trade and getting it blocked, or being the main GM who was trying to lock out the season.

Totally forgot about that. Good call.

2LeTTeRS
06-22-2012, 02:37 PM
']Think about how mad he probably was when he wrote that letter. We lost LeBron for nothing. At least the Nuggets got some players in return for Melo, and the same should happen for the Magic with Dwight. LeBron really f*cked the Cavs over, but because of DG's bank account we should be relevant again in a surprisingly short amount of time.

Hey pal; ever heard of free agency? You really seem not to understand the concept.

LBJMVP
06-22-2012, 02:52 PM
Hey pal; ever heard of free agency? You really seem not to understand the concept.

lebron didnt even talk to our management 1 time after that season ended.

only time he even attempted to talk to us was during the time he owners flew in to cleveland and got their alotted time.

only then was cleveland management grant time to speak with lebron.

but you right... he played for us for 7 years and didnt owe us anything, not even more than a couple hours to talk to him...

shut the f*ck up.

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Some of the Cavs fans on this board are friggin delusional. They blame Lebron for EVERYTHING

LBJMVP
06-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Some of the Cavs fans on this board are friggin delusional. They blame Lebron for EVERYTHING

f*ck you

LBJFTW
06-22-2012, 03:07 PM
Exactly.
Lebron didn't owe Cleveland anything. He played out his contract, left for a team where he would make more money, play with his best friend, and have a better chance at a championship. Everything he did is now validated.

Yeah, he made a spectacle of things by the decision and "not 4, not 5..." but he did nothing wrong.

Oh, and he wasn't Cleveland's native son. The dude was from Akron, Ohio, an hour south of Cleveland, and growing up he couldn't stand Cleveland because all of the kids from Cleveland would pick on Akron kids, calling them dirtballs and what not.

Good for Lebron. Good for Bosh. Good for D-Wade. Good for Miami. I'm glad all of this nonsense finally ends! Longest 2 damn years of my life!

LOL @ he did nothing wrong. When he left Cleveland the Cavs got no trade value and he screwed Cleveland fans over after they gave him 7 years of support. Funny how his "best friend" just so happens to have been a top 5 player in the league when the decion was made. :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2012, 03:08 PM
f*ck you

Ok tough guy. Go back to blaming Lebron for all your problems. You fans don't know how good you had it for 7 seasons. 7 years and the best player to pair him with is Mo Williams? ****ing pathetic.

50inchvertical
06-22-2012, 03:11 PM
LOL @ he did nothing wrong. When he left Cleveland the Cavs got no trade value and he screwed Cleveland fans over after they gave him 7 years of support. Funny how his "best friend" just so happens to have been a top 5 player in the league when the decion was made. :oldlol:
Actually they did sign and trade him and thus got a huge trade exception

SilkkTheShocker
06-22-2012, 03:11 PM

Wade and Lebron have been best friends for years!!!! You are really reaching now, Corky. And Lebron didn't owe the Cavs anything. He did his time there playing with the crap your front office surrounded him with and left. But keep blaming him for everything. :applause:

2LeTTeRS
06-22-2012, 03:17 PM
lebron didnt even talk to our management 1 time after that season ended.

only time he even attempted to talk to us was during the time he owners flew in to cleveland and got their alotted time.

only then was cleveland management grant time to speak with lebron.

but you right... he played for us for 7 years and didnt owe us anything, not even more than a couple hours to talk to him...

shut the f*ck up.

We agree on one thing ---- he didn't owe you anything. The Cleveland organization did nothing for LeBron that no other team would had they sucked/got lucky enough to draft LeBron. I hate this entitled mindset so-called "fans" have nowadays.

The facts are simple, he played for 7 full years dripping blood, sweat and tears playing for you guys, re-signed in 07 when his rookie contract expired (and everybody thought he would dip for a bigger city with a better supporting cast) and guaranteed you guys 3 more years. Sounds like he did a lot there.

Everybody knew that in 2010 his contract was expiring and he would have the right legally to decide if he wanted to leave. Don't pretend it was a suprise ESPN had made his impending free agency front page news for 2 years everytime he visited NY or Chicago, and the only people who truly thought he was remaining in Cleveland were Cavs fans.

How could they have been surprised he left? Come on Cleveland; its time let it go.

I<3NBA
06-22-2012, 03:24 PM
']I feel for Dan Gilbert. We lost a once-in-a-generation player and got nothing in return because he never said he was leaving.
and that's Lebron's fault because? shoudln't you blame your front office more for being that stupid?

Eat Like A Bosh
06-22-2012, 03:33 PM
[QUOTE]Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

[SIZE="4"]"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS [B]WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER

DCL
06-22-2012, 03:38 PM
dan gilbert... it was like watching a kid crying and whining on the street, screaming and jumping up and down and screaming at his parents like a douche brat because his ice cream cone fell on the ground.

there's no sympathy for such a scene. you don't pity it. you just laugh and probably enjoy watching him act so butt hurt. that's dan gilbert for everyone in america.

LBJFTW
06-22-2012, 03:38 PM
Wade and Lebron have been best friends for years!!!! You are really reaching now, Corky. And Lebron didn't owe the Cavs anything. He did his time there playing with the crap your front office surrounded him with and left. But keep blaming him for everything. :applause:

Just because West banged his mom doesn't mean he had to give up during a critial game. (stand around, not try, etc)

And yes, Danny Ferry can't build a team for shit. I've been saying that since 2005.

RedBlackAttack
06-22-2012, 04:05 PM
Time to pay up.
Anyone that actually thought there was a competition going on between the Miami Heat and the Cleveland Cavaliers is either delusional or stupid or both.

One had three of the seven most important players from the f#cking US Olympic Team on it and the other was a high lottery team for the foreseeable future (at least at the time of the letter).

I didn't like that letter any more than anyone else. I thought it was unprofessional and not the correct move for our owner... But, I also understood that it was an effort to rally Cleveland on a night when the city needed it. In other words, I didn't like the method, but understood the sentiment.

For James people to be focusing on Dan Gilbert or Cavs fans today? :oldlol:

Be happy that your guy got a title. More power to you. If you want me to commend James, Wade and Bosh for winning this "competition," over Jamison, Gee and Gibson...

What an accomplishment.

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 12:00 AM
We agree on one thing ---- he didn't owe you anything. The Cleveland organization did nothing for LeBron that no other team would had they sucked/got lucky enough to draft LeBron. I hate this entitled mindset so-called "fans" have nowadays.

The facts are simple, he played for 7 full years dripping blood, sweat and tears playing for you guys, re-signed in 07 when his rookie contract expired (and everybody thought he would dip for a bigger city with a better supporting cast) and guaranteed you guys 3 more years. Sounds like he did a lot there.

Everybody knew that in 2010 his contract was expiring and he would have the right legally to decide if he wanted to leave. Don't pretend it was a suprise ESPN had made his impending free agency front page news for 2 years everytime he visited NY or Chicago, and the only people who truly thought he was remaining in Cleveland were Cavs fans.

How could they have been surprised he left? Come on Cleveland; its time let it go.

cleveland fans have not once made a thread about how pissed they were at lebron since like a month after the decision.

its funny that people still think we havent let it go.

50inchvertical
06-23-2012, 12:03 AM
cleveland fans have not once made a thread about how pissed they were at lebron since like a month after the decision.

its funny that people still think we havent let it go.
Bullshit. Kats are all over Youtube, any message board, blogs, etc. still whining and calling him all sorts of names.

RBA, for example, use to protect LeBron like he was his own flesh and blood then after the decision started criticizing him incessantly over stupid things like grammar errors.

ESPN played all those documentaries like a week later, people in Cleveland talking about how since LeBron left nobody comes to their barber shop, restaurant, or whatever type of business anymore. Shit was hilarious to me, in a sad way.

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 12:07 AM
Bullshit. Kats are all over Youtube, any message board, blogs, etc. still whining and calling him all sorts of names.

RBA, for example, use to protect LeBron like he was his own flesh and blood then after the decision started criticizing him incessantly over stupid things like grammar errors.

ESPN played all those documentaries like a week later, people in Cleveland talking about how since LeBron left nobody comes to their barber shop, restaurant, or whatever type of business anymore. Shit was hilarious to me, in a sad way.

when is the last time you say a thread on insidehoops made by a cleveland fan that had anything to do with bashing lebron?

most of the lebron bashing threads are made by other people.
same with the youtube videos, cleveland fans did it for that summer and into the first season of lebron in miami and after that you barely heard anything except for, "i hope he doesn't win a ring."

and what kind of cleveland fan would want lebron to win a ring before we did anyway?

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 12:29 AM
Some people have no idea how good of an owner Dan Gilbert actually is.

The guy is one of the genuinely passionate owners, and is one of the only owners that will spend money to try and win. In LeBron's final two years in Cleveland he lost money, about a million a year. He wasn't able to get players to come to Cleveland to play with LeBron because people were looking for long term contention, but because LeBron was only signed for 3 years (extension) nobody would come to the team as their plan A because they wouldn't want to waste years of their life with LeBron gone if he didn't re-up in CLE.

I'm not a LeGod hater, far from it. I completely agree with his decision to go to Miami (although he couldn't have chose a much worse way to do it). LeBron is a part of the reason the Cavs couldn't put a championship team around him, but im Paxson really is the reason. Before Dan Gilbert bought the team in 2005 Paxson was the worst GM in NBA history (maybe).

In 2004 he drafts Luke Jackson, 2002 drafted Dajuan Wagner, and in 2001 drafted Desagna Diop. Honestly it's a miracle he didn't draft Darko in 2003.

Dan Gilbert bought the team in 2005, the Cavs had cap space, LeBron was an RFA, and the Cavs blew their load on Larry Hughes and Damon Jones. Danny Ferry shouldn't have been let do that, but Larry was coming off of a fantastic year in Washington.

In the years to come when Larry was a Cavalier there were some unfortunate circumstances that led to his decline both mentally and physically. First off the injuries kept piling up, secondly his brothers death. When his brother died he was never the same player. Danny Ferry didn't have a pick in 2005 because Paxson had traded it (this was the last year the Cavs were in the lotto).

Jim Paxson was such a bad GM that they made a rule to protect him from himself not alowing teams to trade back to back first round picks.

LeBron leaving Cleveland started long before he was even drafted, and had very little to do with Dan Gilbert. He made one mistake, hiring a rookie GM, and giving said GM control over all basketball operations.

I hope some people actually read that, and maybe change their opinions on Gilbert. He was hand cuffed by the previous owner (losing Boozer, constantly drafting busts, trading picks), LeBron not commiting long term, and Cleveland not being a desirable market.

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 12:36 AM
Some people have no idea how good of an owner Dan Gilbert actually is.

The guy is one of the genuinely passionate owners, and is one of the only owners that will spend money to try and win. In LeBron's final two years in Cleveland he lost money, about a million a year. He wasn't able to get players to come to Cleveland to play with LeBron because people were looking for long term contention, but because LeBron was only signed for 3 years (extension) nobody would come to the team as their plan A because they wouldn't want to waste years of their life with LeBron gone if he didn't re-up in CLE.

I'm not a LeGod hater, far from it. I completely agree with his decision to go to Miami (although he couldn't have chose a much worse way to do it). LeBron is a part of the reason the Cavs couldn't put a championship team around him, but im Paxson really is the reason. Before Dan Gilbert bought the team in 2005 Paxson was the worst GM in NBA history (maybe).

In 2004 he drafts Luke Jackson, 2002 drafted Dajuan Wagner, and in 2001 drafted Desagna Diop. Honestly it's a miracle he didn't draft Darko in 2003.

Dan Gilbert bought the team in 2005, the Cavs had cap space, LeBron was an RFA, and the Cavs blew their load on Larry Hughes and Damon Jones. Danny Ferry shouldn't have been let do that, but Larry was coming off of a fantastic year in Washington.

In the years to come when Larry was a Cavalier there were some unfortunate circumstances that led to his decline both mentally and physically. First off the injuries kept piling up, secondly his brothers death. When his brother died he was never the same player. Danny Ferry didn't have a pick in 2005 because Paxson had traded it (this was the last year the Cavs were in the lotto).

Jim Paxson was such a bad GM that they made a rule to protect him from himself not alowing teams to trade back to back first round picks.

LeBron leaving Cleveland started long before he was even drafted, and had very little to do with Dan Gilbert. He made one mistake, hiring a rookie GM, and giving said GM control over all basketball operations.

I hope some people actually read that, and maybe change their opinions on Gilbert. He was hand cuffed by the previous owner (losing Boozer, constantly drafting busts, trading picks), LeBron not commiting long term, and Cleveland not being a desirable market.

:applause:

people hate gilbert for no reason really.... he is one of the best owners in the league. and people also cite him for complaining about the los angelas trade, well a ton of other owners stopped the trade to, but gilberts name was the only name to come out.

people just hate him to hate him.... i'd rather have dan gilbert as my owner then any other owner in the league.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 12:41 AM

people hate gilbert for no reason really.... he is one of the best owners in the league. and people also cite him for complaining about the los angelas trade, well a ton of other owners stopped the trade to, but gilberts name was the only name to come out.

people just hate him to hate him.... i'd rather have dan gilbert as my owner then any other owner in the league.

For no reason?

So failing to get quality talent for 7 years, sending that childish bitter email out, bashing lebron, being the main owner who wanted the keep the lockout going, jinxing the Lakers trade for cp3 are NO REASONS? (Keep in mind, these arent MY reasons for liking or disliking him. Never went on record to state my preference.)
C'mon man. they don't hate him, just to hate him. THOSE ARE REASONS, whether you agree or not is irrelevant. people are allowed to have their own opinions. They can have reasons or not, but in this case they have reasons. Stop saying they don't.

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 12:46 AM
For no reason?

So failing to get quality talent for 7 years, sending that childish bitter email out, bashing lebron, being the main owner who wanted the keep the lockout going, jinxing the Lakers trade for cp3 are NO REASONS? (Keep in mind, these arent MY reasons for liking or disliking him. Never went on record to state my preference.)
C'mon man. they don't hate him, just to hate him. THOSE ARE REASONS, whether you agree or not is irrelevant. people are allowed to have their own opinions. They can have reasons or not, but in this case they have reasons. Stop saying they don't.

did you even read that post i quoted :lol

the email is why i love him as an owner... the letter was not meant for you, it was meant for cleveland fans dipshit.

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 12:51 AM

He is one of the top 5 owners in terms of willingness to spend. There were years (as I mentioned above) that the team lost money, despite the "cash cow" that was LeBron James. The only things that Dan Gilbert is truly guilty of in my mind is A) giving into LeBron's ego, and B) hiring a rookie GM.

The team was doomed to lose LeBron long before LeBron was drafted. The Cavs drafted a ton of busts before LeBron.

Diop, Wagner, Mihm, Andre Miller (not a bust perse) where the four players taken before LeBron. Four busts in a row all in the top 10, a superstar, and then another bust. 5/6 busts.

THAT WAS ALL BEFORE GILBERT, and in 2005 the pick had been traded so no other lotto talent was added. Then you add in Boozer leaving (only real talent the Cavs had at the time around LeBron :facepalm )

Now Dan Gilbert has seen the errors of his ways (I think) and is adding multiple lotto talents to his team, and maintaining cap space. Basically not trying to compete before the team is ready, the Cavs have a very exciting future, but we have yet to see if Dan Gilbert/Chris Grant know how to build a team that can win an NBA title.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 12:51 AM
did you even read that post i quoted :lol

the email is why i love him as an owner... the letter was not meant for you, it was meant for cleveland fans dipshit.

I didnt but im telling you those are reasons. Are they not?

Who cares who the letter was for jackass. The point was that it was "leaked" and people didnt like what was said. Who it was for is irrelevant.

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
For no reason?

So failing to get quality talent for 7 years,
Already answered.
sending that childish bitter email out,
Agreed, it was childish, but as a Cavs fan it was pretty comforting at the time.
bashing lebron,
He never actually bashed LeBron. What he said is all true, LeBron was a narcisist, and it was a self indulgent disgraceful display the way he left. LeBron appologized, Gilbert congratulated the Heat on winning a championship on twitter. Look it up if you don't believe me.
being the main owner who wanted the keep the lockout going,
If Dan Gilbert had enough power to over rule 29 other NBA owners then there is no way LeBron James would have left Cleveland. It was clearly at minimum 16/30 owners that wanted the lockout, unless Dan gets 16 votes himself.
jinxing the Lakers trade for cp3 are NO REASONS?
Dan Gilbert owned the Hornets, he spoke his opinion.

(Keep in mind, these arent MY reasons for liking or disliking him. Never went on record to state my preference.)
C'mon man. they don't hate him, just to hate him.
People hate him because they don't know anything about him other than he is filthy rich.
THOSE ARE REASONS, whether you agree or not is irrelevant. people are allowed to have their own opinions. They can have reasons or not, but in this case they have reasons. Stop saying they don't.
People can have opinions. That is fine, but opinions are worthless unless there is factual basis for the opinion.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 12:59 AM
People can have opinions. That is fine, but opinions are worthless unless there is factual basis for the opinion.

So they hate him. What is it to you? Stop defending the man like youre on the payroll.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 01:00 AM

btw, is that you Dan ? lol

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 01:00 AM
I didnt but im telling you those are reasons. Are they not?

Who cares who the letter was for jackass. The point was that it was "leaked" and people didnt like what was said. Who it was for is irrelevant.

the reasons for losing lebron are not really his fault... if you read the post i quoted you would know that.

i dont care if you didnt like what the letter said... it wasn't meant for you so you opinion of it doesn't mean anything. most cavs fans felt great after reading that letter. showed how much your owner cares about the team/fans and how much he wants to win.

if you didnt like what it said and want to go cry about it, i dont really care

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 01:01 AM

lmao you got proven wrong on every single point so you resort to this post.

:lol

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Yes. I gave up the blue comic sans haha. I'm not trying to defend the guys honour, but I just find it funny how people can hate so much on a guy they know little about. If he had completely screwed up the LeBron years with no help from the previous owner then I would understand, but he bought a team with little future.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 01:06 AM
the reasons for losing lebron are not really his fault... if you read the post i quoted you would know that.

i dont care if you didnt like what the letter said... it wasn't meant for you so you opinion of it doesn't mean anything. most cavs fans felt great after reading that letter. showed how much your owner cares about the team/fans and how much he wants to win.

if you didnt like what it said and want to go cry about it, i dont really care

Hey dipshit. read my post. I never stated whether i cared or diddnt care.
And its stupid.

Just because a PUBLIC letter wasnt addressed to you doesnt mean you cant form an opinion off of it. C'mon man.

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 01:07 AM

I didn't prove him wrong perse. I'm no Cavs fan any more, that much is obvious with my avitar. I am strictly a LeBron fan, but Dan Gilbert is not the reason the Cavs were not able to win a title, neither is LeBron. Jim Paxson/Blind guy (drawing a blank on his name, Gund?) created the situation before it occured.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 01:07 AM
Yes. I gave up the blue comic sans haha. I'm not trying to defend the guys honour, but I just find it funny how people can hate so much on a guy they know little about. If he had completely screwed up the LeBron years with no help from the previous owner then I would understand, but he bought a team with little future.

I NEVER SAID I HATED THE GUY. This lebronmvp ****** needs to stop saying that.

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 01:10 AM
I NEVER SAID I HATED THE GUY. This lebronmvp ****** needs to stop saying that.
I don't mean you specifically. Although I do understand how you would be upset about the CP3 trade not going down. Still that email should never have come out, I have no idea how whoever leaked it didn't get in legal trouble, but that's not the point I guess.

It's not like Dan didn't state the reasons he didn't like the trade though. He pulled out actual facts, stats, etc. He didn't just say I don't want the Lakers to win a title, he gave an actual reason.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 01:10 AM

Resort to what? It was a single comment. I thought it was funny, so I MADE IT IN ADDITION TO MY POST. C'mon man. Step your game up.

I wasn't proven wrong on anything. I was stating facts. These are FACTS to why people do not like the man. Whether those facts are justified or not what they seem to be DOESN'T matter. AT the end of the day, those are peoples opnions and reasons.

You were the one that said people hated him for no reason. I gave you the reasons. Whether they were silly or not, I gave you the reasons.

understand that I never said I liked or disliked Dan. IN THE EVENT that I did dislike him, I never said those were my reasons. I said they were other peoples REASONS. Was I wrong? NO.

check game youngster.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 01:12 AM
I don't mean you specifically. Although I do understand how you would be upset about the CP3 trade not going down. Still that email should never have come out, I have no idea how whoever leaked it didn't get in legal trouble, but that's not the point I guess.

It's not like Dan didn't state the reasons he didn't like the trade though. He pulled out actual facts, stats, etc. He didn't just say I don't want the Lakers to win a title, he gave an actual reason.

Crazy thing is I was glad the trade didnt go through. What pissed me off was the lamar deal. I was opposed to the deal all along.

And I know you understand where im coming from, its the lbjmvp guy who apparently doesnt get it.

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 01:14 AM
Resort to what? It was a single comment. I thought it was funny, so I MADE IT IN ADDITION TO MY POST. C'mon man. Step your game up.

I wasn't proven wrong on anything. I was stating facts. These are FACTS to why people do not like the man. Whether those facts are justified or not what they seem to be DOESN'T matter. AT the end of the day, those are peoples opnions and reasons.

You were the one that said people hated him for no reason. I gave you the reasons. Whether they were silly or not, I gave you the reasons.

understand that I never said I liked or disliked Dan. IN THE EVENT that I did dislike him, I never said those were my reasons. I said they were other peoples REASONS. Was I wrong? NO.

check game youngster.

you said that he had 7 years with lebron which is wrong, you said it was his fault the couldn't sign anyone, which is wrong you said it was his fault they could never draft anyone, which is wrong.

you said it was gilbert who was the only owner that got pissed, which is wrong.

you said you didnt like the letter... well who cares if you didnt like a letter that wasn't meant for you..

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 01:15 AM
Crazy thing is I was glad the trade didnt go through. What pissed me off was the lamar deal. I was opposed to the deal all along.

And I know you understand where im coming from, its the lbjmvp guy who apparently doesnt get it.
That Lamar deal turned out in favour of the Lakers imo. They cut money for a broken man, who was sent to the DLeague lol. If the CP deal didn't become public then the Lakers wouldn't have had to deal him, but it did.I hope the Lakers don't waste the TPE like Cleveland wasted theirs.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 01:15 AM
you said that he had 7 years with lebron which is wrong, you said it was his fault the couldn't sign anyone, which is wrong you said it was his fault they could never draft anyone, which is wrong.

you said it was gilbert who was the only owner that got pissed, which is wrong.

you said you didnt like the letter... well who cares if you didnt like a letter that wasn't meant for you..

Bro, can you read? on some real shit. I'm telling you why OTHERS feel that way towards him. NOT ME. Get it? Got it? good.

gasolina
06-23-2012, 01:16 AM
Whether those facts are justified or not what they seem to be DOESN'T matter. AT the end of the day, those are peoples opnions and reasons.
So if I hate my dog for not being able to fly, that's ok? It's my opinion he should fly

LBJMVP
06-23-2012, 01:17 AM
Bro, can you read? on some real shit. I'm telling you why OTHERS feel that way towards him. NOT ME. Get it? Got it? good.

yah but i just told you that the reasons that you listed were mostly wrong and not justified.

which is why im saying people hate to hate, and dont really have an idea of how the situation really is

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 01:18 AM
So if I hate my dog for not being able to fly, that's ok? It's my opinion he should fly
I think that is justifiable personally.

MJ(Mean John)
06-23-2012, 01:19 AM

Sure man. What a brain you have. To come up with that. lol.
You dont need to ask for my permission to develop an opinion pal.

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 01:20 AM
Any ways done defending a man I will never personally meet. Hope I have enlightened at least one person on the Cavs/LeBron situation, which is very unique to sports.

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2012, 01:39 AM

Completely and totally a fabrication. I never defended James as if "he was my own flesh and blood."

I was always a Cavs fan... That's all. If I were such a devoted James fan, why not leave with him as a fan like countless others on this board?

And, his grammatical errors are funny... Thought so when he played here and I thought so when he left. He just happened to be more "out there" during his Miami years, what with Twitter and other social media available. It is easy to forget how protected James' persona was while he was in Cleveland. He started to speak up more in Miami and some of it was funny.

One thing has absolutely nothing to do with the other (me being a Cavs fan).

And, the poster you quoted made a valid point, which you completely glossed over. When is the last time you saw a thread on this board about James created by a Cavs fan? On the other side of the fence, how many countless threads have been made by James fans about the Cavs just in the past few weeks?

Total double-standard. If it were the other way around, you would be assailing the Cavs fans that made threads about James, pointing out that we have cheap housing in East Cleveland, which was your calling card in the weeks and months after the decision. Instead, you defend it.

The majority of my postings in the last few days have been draft-related, aside from a few congratulatory posts toward the posters that I consider real Heat fans.

nbaballllller
06-23-2012, 02:03 AM
Cleveland messed up a lot of opportunities, but they weren't cheap with $. To be fair to Cleveland.

this.

you cant really blame them that hughes was such a bust and other players didnt live up to expectations. and players like boozer walked away and that top free agents didnt want to really go to cleveland.

it just didnt work out

gasolina
06-23-2012, 02:26 AM
RBA is one of the classiest cavs fans in ISH. Even during lebrontime he was grounded and was a joy to debate with. None of the we da bess bs we saw last year

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2012, 02:45 AM
Gasolina,
Don't bother responding to him. His posts will be deleted when I see them. He isn't worth your time and energy. If I miss one, let me know.

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 11:38 AM

LOL -- people like you are why facepalms were invented.

1.) You don't get trade value from a free-agent. That's how it works. If they wanted trade value for him, they should have traded him instead of throwing all of their chips in the fact that he'd stay somewhere he didn't really want to be.

2.) Him and Dwade were best friends, everyone knows that. Everytime Dwade came to Cleveland he stayed with Lebron and vice-versa. They were close long before the decision.

3.) Cleveland supported him for 7 years? You mean fans of the team he played for cheered for him? So what, every team's fans do that! And Lebron did a hell of a lot more for that city than that city did for him. They paid his salary, big deal, EVERY NBA TEAM WOULD HAVE DONE WHAT THEY DID. Cleveland wasn't anything special. He brought the Cavs more success than they've ever had, and brought that city HUNDREDS OF MILLIONS OF DOLLARS! He made Gilbert ever richer, and he helped a lot of other guys on his team make money because he raised their level of play.

NumberSix
06-25-2012, 11:45 AM
yah but i just told you that the reasons that you listed were mostly wrong and not justified.

which is why im saying people hate to hate, and dont really have an idea of how the situation really is
Meh. If you knew anything, you wouldn't be in Cleveland. Well, unless you're on vacation of course. :roll:

LBJFTW
06-25-2012, 12:09 PM
LOL -- people like you are why facepalms were invented.

Don't be mad because Lebron was drafted by his home team and had to leave because he doesn't have the heart of a champion like Jordan. His legacy is tainted, and it's as simple as that.

Fans accross the NBA had an opportunity to see a local kid join his home team right out of high school and become the greatest basketball player ever.

Oh well. He tried but didn't have what it took mentally to get it done.

Jordan 6/6 finals.
Lebron 1/3 finals.

There's nothing special about joining two other superstars to win a chip because you can't do it on your own. :oldlol:

Amazing how all this has been said 1000 times over by many members on this board but it still has to be repeated because it hasn't sunk in.

RRR3
06-25-2012, 12:11 PM
Don't be mad because Lebron was drafted by his home team and had to leave because he doesn't have the heart of a champion like Jordan. His legacy is tainted, and it's as simple as that.

Fans accross the NBA had an opportunity to see a local kid join his home team right out of high school and become the greatest basketball player ever.

Jordan 6/6 finals.
Lebron 1/3 finals.

There's nothing special about joining two other superstars to win a chip because you can't do it on your own. :oldlol:

Amazing how all this has been said 1000 times over by many members on this board but it still has to be repeated because it hasn't sunk in.
If the NBA Draft wasn't a bullshit lottery, and went in the way MLB does it (the right way, from worst to best), you guys wouldn't have got LeBron in the first place. You only got him cause he's from Akron and it was a "good story". :rolleyes: Stop comparing LeBron to MJ, no one should give a shit if he's as good as MJ. You can make anyone look bad if you compare them to MJ.:facepalm
I also find it hilarious how you and LBJMVP are stuck with pro-LeBron usernames :oldlol:

NumberSix
06-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Who ever won on their own? :confusedshrug:

I'm pretty sure if you go back and look at the tapes, MJ always had 4 other guys on the court with him.

SilkkTheShocker
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM

Jordan 6/6 finals.
Lebron 1/3 finals.

Jordan never really had the chance to leave the Bulls. He would continually threaten to demand a trade if management didnt do what he wanted.

LBJFTW
06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Who ever won on their own? :confusedshrug:

I'm pretty sure if you go back and look at the tapes, MJ always had 4 other guys on the court with him.

Yes, but MJ didn't have a top 5 player and an all-star like Bosh with him. You're going to try and tell me that Bosh/Wade isn't > than pippen/rodman or pippen/grant? :lol

RRR3
06-25-2012, 12:24 PM
Yes, but MJ didn't have a top 5 player and an all-star like Bosh with him. You're going to try and tell me that Bosh/Wade isn't > than pippen/rodman or pippen/grant? :lol
The problem with your point is that you are acting like we are saying LBJ>MJ, when no one except the most rabid LBJ stans would ever say such a thing.

NumberSix
06-25-2012, 12:26 PM
There's literally a thread where EVERYBODY including LeBron haters said Pippen/Rodamn > Wade/Bosh.

Now, I personally don't agree. I think it's actually very close.

NumberSix
06-25-2012, 12:28 PM
The problem with your point is that you are acting like we are saying LBJ>MJ, when no one except the most rabid LBJ stans would ever say such a thing.
Well, LeBron is almost certainly never going to surpass Jordan's accomplishments.

As for surpassing him as a player. It's arguable.

Kblaze8855
06-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Yes, but MJ didn't have a top 5 player and an all-star like Bosh with him. You're going to try and tell me that Bosh/Wade isn't > than pippen/rodman or pippen/grant?

Wade didnt play top 5 ball and Bosh has never been a superstar to begin with to me. And in the playoffs he wasnt even his usual self. Hes pretty much Shareef abdur Rahim or Juwan Howard. Dude had 4 20/10 games this SEASON. He went 3 months without having a 25 point game.Doesnt get the ball enough? Well if not he should at least be all over the boards and making the hustle plays. He didnt get 10 rebounds in a game from Feb. 23rd...till April.

Hes a great third option. Great midrange shooter who when its going in...can shot fake and drive with the best bigmen....

But a superstar he isnt. No matter what numbers he did 3 years ago while losing in Toronto.

Id take Pippen and rodman over Wade as he played this year and Bosh as he played....ever...

Chris Bosh is a good player. But he doesnt provide what I want out of my bigmen. And Wade when healthy is ag reat player. He did not look like himself this playoffs.

Lebron won with Wade playing maybe top 15 ball and Bosh out for half the playoffs and just shooting jumpers most of the rest.

Little to use against him really.

cavsfanatic
06-25-2012, 01:11 PM
lol people look so dumb posting bout shit they don't know about. Cavs were always over the luxury tax when Lebron was here. They made trades every year and brought in people.

Get ya facts straight before you make yo self look like a retard

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 03:15 PM

Here bruh, let me educate you right quick. Lebron is from Akron, Ohio. The Cleveland Cavaliers play in Cleveland, Ohio. They are 40 miles apart.

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Akron%2C+OH&q2=Cleveland%2C+OH&lat=41.150928&lon=-81.358223&zoom=10&mvt=m&trf=0

If a kid is from Baltimore born and raised, but left the Wizards in free agency to play with the Lakers, would everyone be throwing a fit because he "left his home team"? No, because it would sound idiotic! 2 Cities with their own identity who are 40 miles apart does not mean you can lump them both in together! You've obviously never been to either city or you wouldn't say anything so stupid!

http://maps.yahoo.com/#q1=Baltimore%2C+MD&q2=Washington%2C+DC&lat=41.150928&lon=-81.358223&zoom=10&mvt=m&trf=0

- James explained he's always had an uneasy relationship with Cleveland because he's from Akron, a half-hour away. ''It's not far, but it is far,'' James said. ''And Clevelanders, because they were the bigger-city kids when we were growing up, looked down on us. ... So we didn't actually like Cleveland. We hated Cleveland growing up. There's a lot of people in Cleveland we still hate to this day.''

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/LeBron-James-in-GQ-interview-says-we-hated-Cleveland-growing-up-081710

Lebron isn't from Cleveland, never was from Cleveland, and never liked cleveland.

You mean like these guys did?

https://theonba.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/boston-3-party.jpg

Or like this guy did?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_PjPA0yEYTk0/SuhyyHmzO0I/AAAAAAAABio/esNTwc2V6Vg/s400/TrophyPau.jpg

Or like back in the day when these guys did it?

http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn200/nbacardDOTnet/zz%20NBA%20Photo%20Gallery/y%20NBA%20etc/1%20Milwaukee%20Bucks/84a7_12.jpg

Think about what you say before you say it, brohem, or I'll just keep pwning you if you like.

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 03:22 PM
Wade didnt play top 5 ball and Bosh has never been a superstar to begin with to me. And in the playoffs he wasnt even his usual self. Hes pretty much Shareef abdur Rahim or Juwan Howard. Dude had 4 20/10 games this SEASON. He went 3 months without having a 25 point game.Doesnt get the ball enough? Well if not he should at least be all over the boards and making the hustle plays. He didnt get 10 rebounds in a game from Feb. 23rd...till April.

Hes a great third option. Great midrange shooter who when its going in...can shot fake and drive with the best bigmen....

But a superstar he isnt. No matter what numbers he did 3 years ago while losing in Toronto.

Id take Pippen and rodman over Wade as he played this year and Bosh as he played....ever...

Chris Bosh is a good player. But he doesnt provide what I want out of my bigmen. And Wade when healthy is ag reat player. He did not look like himself this playoffs.

Lebron won with Wade playing maybe top 15 ball and Bosh out for half the playoffs and just shooting jumpers most of the rest.

Little to use against him really.

Thanks kblaze, i'm glad there's atleast one other sane person on this board.

Do you make the kblaze videos on YouTube?

CelticBaller
06-25-2012, 03:48 PM
:lol @ comparing the celtics and the lakers to the heat :oldlol:

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 03:58 PM
:lol @ comparing the celtics and the lakers to the heat :oldlol:

Here's what he said:

Which is what Pau, KG, and Ray Allen did. They all went somewhere else and had never won anything on their own, just because they didn't have a decision doesn't deter from the fact that they were superstars who joined with 1 or more superstars then won a ring.

CelticBaller
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Here's what he said:

Which is what Pau, KG, and Ray Allen did. They all went somewhere else and had never won anything on their own, just because they didn't have a decision doesn't deter from the fact that they were superstars who joined with 1 or more superstars then won a ring.
PAU joined one superstar, he was also traded :oldlol:

The Celtics formed due to smart trades after a terrible year. they were past their prime and people knew this team wasn't going to last.

See the reason why people keep bringing that up is because 3 top 10 players met off-season and decided to join forces while they where still in their prime, and 2 of the 3 where consider jordan like.

Its like two Jordans and a Brad Daugherty formed a team :oldlol:

ripthekik
06-25-2012, 04:11 PM
I haven't read through the 1st few pages.. but just saw someone using Celtics as a comparison to the heat :oldlol:

First of all, they were traded. Second, how many of those 3 were still top 3 of the NBA at the time?

Didn't think so. They were all over 30 and past their primes. Lebron, Wade, Bosh were all in their primes were they joined. And they are still young right now.

KingBeasley08
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM
Lebron's one of the 12 greatest players ever. :oldlol: @ the hate

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 04:14 PM
PAU joined one superstar, he was also traded :oldlol I know he was traded, that's why I said the main difference was 'The Decision.'

And how it happened wasn't the point, I argued his stupid point that bringing superstars together wasn't special, which is stupid because it's been happening since professional basketball has been around.

Oh, and A whole lot of people would say Andrew Bynum is a Superstar.

The Celtics formed due to smart trades after a terrible year. they were past their prime and people knew this team wasn't going to last.

Past their prime? Older, yes, but all 3 were BOSS in 2008. Straight up BOSS. Garnett was DPOTY that year!

See the reason why people keep bringing that up is because 3 top 10 players met off-season and decided to join forces while they where still in their prime, and 2 of the 3 where consider jordan like.

First off, saying DWade and Lebron are like 2 jordans? Come on now.

Second, that whole "they had this planned" nonsense is just that. Everybody acts like they held a meeting with all of their people trying to figure out how this would work out.

Everyone is butt-hurt about it, but we all saw Lebrons greatness come through, and he's finally got it all figured out. We all better get used to him dominating on a level where he plays to his strengths and gets smarter as the years go on.

ripthekik
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Not saying they were 2 Jordans, but Lebron and Wade were definitely 2 of the top 5 players in the league when they joined.

Celtics had NOTHING close to that. Ridiculous.

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 04:17 PM
I haven't read through the 1st few pages.. but just saw someone using Celtics as a comparison to the heat :oldlol:

First of all, they were traded. Second, how many of those 3 were still top 3 of the NBA at the time?

Didn't think so. They were all over 30 and past their primes. Lebron, Wade, Bosh were all in their primes were they joined. And they are still young right now.

So the top 3 players in the NBA in 2010 were:

1.) Lebron
2.) Dwade
3.) Chris Bosh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXi6X-moxE

ripthekik
06-25-2012, 04:21 PM
So the top 3 players in the NBA in 2010 were:

1.) Lebron
2.) Dwade
3.) Chris Bosh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjXi6X-moxE
Learn to read. I was talking about the celtics, none of them being in the top 3. But for the Heat, both Lebron and Wade were definitely up there, if not both top 3, then top 5.

Bosh is not up there, but he was an allstar in his prime too.

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 04:45 PM
Learn to read. I was talking about the celtics, none of them being in the top 3. But for the Heat, both Lebron and Wade were definitely up there, if not both top 3, then top 5.

Bosh is not up there, but he was an allstar in his prime too.

NO S***! You were saying none of the Celtics were top 3, comparing them to the Heat who you were claiming were top 3!

Lets compare them:

2006-2007 stats for Celtics big 3:

Pierce
Pts - 25
Rebounds - 6
Assts - 4
st- 1
blk- 0.3
3PT- 39%

Garnett
pts - 22.4
rbs - 12.8 (led the league)
assts- 4.1
blks- 1.7
stls- 1.2

Allen
pts - 26.7
rbs- 4.5 rbs
assts - 4.1
blk- 0.2
st- 1.5
FT- 90%
3pt- 38%

Heat big 3 in 2009-2010 season

Wade
pts- 27
rbs - 4
assts - 7
st- 1.8
blk - 1.1

Lebron
pts -29
reb - 7
ast- 8
blk - 1
st- 1.6

Bosh
pts- 23
reb -10
assts -2.4
blk - 1.0
st - 0.6

So if we add them all up, here is what each team got from the player the previous year:

Celtics:
74.1 pts
23.3 rebounds
12 assists
3.7 steals
2.2 blks

Heat:
79 points
21 rebounds
17 assists
4 steals
3.1 blocks

Yeah the heat were younger and got the best player in the game, but the Celtics got the leagues best rebounder and the DPOTY in garnett, as well as the best 3 pt shooter of all time and one of the best FT shooters of all time. The Heat got a little bit more, but not much, and it took them 2 years to win it, when the Celtics did it in year 1! And the Celtics went back 2 years later, so the argument they were old is wrong because they went back 2 years later. They were brought together to win aring because they couldn't do it themselves, and they did it once and almost twice.

So to try to argue there couldn't be a comparison is just stupid.

CelticBaller
06-25-2012, 04:50 PM
NO S***! You were saying none of the Celtics were top, comparing them to the Heat who you were claiming were top 3!

Lets compare them:

2006-2007 stats for Celtics:

Pierce
Pts - 25
Rebounds - 6
Assts - 4
st- 1
blk- 0.3
3PT- 39%

Garnett
pts - 22.4
rbs - 12.8 (led the league)
assts- 4.1
blks- 1.7
stls- 1.2

Allen
pts - 26.7
rbs- 4.5 rbs
assts - 4.1
blk- 0.2
st- 1.5
FT- 90%
3pt- 38%

Heat in 2009-2010 season

Wade
pts- 27
rbs - 4
assts - 7
st- 1.8
blk - 1.1

Lebron
pts -29
reb - 7
ast- 8
blk - 1
st- 1.6

Bosh
pts- 23
reb -10
assts -2.4
blk - 1.0
st - 0.6

So if we add them all up, here is what each team got from the player the previous year:

Celtics:
74.1 pts
23.3 rebounds
12 assists
3.7 steals
2.2 blks

Heat:
79 points
21 rebounds
17 assists
4 steals
3.1 blocks

Yeah the heat were younger and got the best player in the game, but the Celtics got the leagues best rebounder and the DPOTY in garnett, as well as the best 3 pt shooter of all time and one of the best FT shooters of all time. The Heat got a little bit more, but not much, and it took them 2 years to win it, when the Celtics did it in year 1! And the Celtics went back 2 years later, so the argument they were old is dumb, because they were obviously young enough to be a couple minutes from winning another ring!

So to try to argue there couldn't be a comparison is just stupid.
Pierce didn't play a full season

Again you keep missing the Point, the heat are still in their prime while the celtics weren't. guess how many years can this heat trio can last while the celtics only lasted 4 years :facepalm

The_LA_Blakers
06-25-2012, 04:54 PM
Pierce didn't play a full season

Again you keep missing the Point, the heat are still in their prime while the celtics weren't. guess how many years can this heat trio can last while the celtics only lasted 4 years :facepalm

Yeah, they will have a long time together if they want, but we don't know what's going to happen. I'm not into predicting the future, but 2 years in they've accomplished the same.

In 5 years you may have a good argument, but right now there's little to no difference, and Wade is already hurting as it is. He'll be 31 next year and his body is only getting weaker.

ILLsmak
06-25-2012, 05:48 PM
Where is he at?

Someone needs to interview this man. How does he feel? This would be great.

Nobody thought he was gonna win one before Bron did. And nobody thought that it was gonna take a long time for Bron to win. He was just talking shit.

-Smak

DukeDelonte13
06-25-2012, 09:06 PM
gilbert did nothing but pour money into the organization, bought lebron and his friends and family floor tickets, air fare, lodging etc. to every single game, essentially did every thing in an owners power to get lebron to stay. He paid millions for Baron's contract to get the lotto pick that became Kyrie. He still is a dedicated and supportive owner. I wish the other Cle sports teams had owners like Gilbert.

chips93
06-25-2012, 09:15 PM

i dont wanna get into some dumb debate here, but its really strange the rules we apply to these guys, like you have to get worse as a player, to an arbitrary point, before we allow you join similarly talented players, and not question your will to win, and your competitive fire

very strange

chips93
06-25-2012, 09:18 PM
gilbert did nothing but pour money into the organization, bought lebron and his friends and family floor tickets, air fare, lodging etc. to every single game, essentially did every thing in an owners power to get lebron to stay. He paid millions for Baron's contract to get the lotto pick that became Kyrie. He still is a dedicated and supportive owner. I wish the other Cle sports teams had owners like Gilbert.

hindsight is always 20-20, but you can easily argue that gilbert treating lebron like a king, enabled him, led to him becoming the man he did, and played a role in him leaving

id agree though, im happy that hes our owner, you cant doubt the effort he puts into the franchise, and more importantly, the cash

G-train
06-25-2012, 09:24 PM
Thanks kblaze, i'm glad there's atleast one other sane person on this board.

Do you make the kblaze videos on YouTube?

Yes he does.

HeyMarkus
06-25-2012, 09:47 PM
ill just say im from just outside cleveland and cleveland/akron are pretty much the same thing. akron does not have its 'own identity' in the sense that cleveland does. people from akron are cleveland fans thru and thru. if im from akron and went to cali, id tell people im from cleveland the same way id do now and i live just outside cleveland.