PDA

View Full Version : To Cleveland Fans:

I<3NBA
06-23-2012, 04:41 PM
let's say that after Lebron's contract ends in Miami he says to you guys he wanna come back and play for you again to help your team win a championship, would you accept him back? why or why not?

keep in mind that Lebron will probably be coming back to a sick team with Kyrie Irving and whoever they pick this year.

Draz
06-23-2012, 04:44 PM
Who wouldn't take him back?

KingBeasley08
06-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I can understand that they are hurt by his actions and it would seem pathetic for Gilbert to sign him after that letter.. but if he wants to go, they'd be crazy as hell not to sign him

lilgodfather1
06-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Let's play a game. The Cavs have Irving, Thompson, draft Drummond/Beal this year, and next year draft Shabazz/Noels next year. Their team would be lacking one position in 2014, SF. They would be foolish to not accept 30 year old (likely 4 time MVP, 2-3 FMVP) LeBron.

Foster5k
06-23-2012, 05:04 PM
They would welcome him back with open arms.

However, Lebron is never going back to that crap hole.

I<3NBA
06-23-2012, 05:07 PM
They would welcome him back with open arms.

However, Lebron is never going back to that crap hole.
you never know. i think he still thinks about getting it done there when he's done in Miami. kind of like tying up all the loose ends.

ihoopallday
06-23-2012, 05:09 PM
I don't see LeBron switching teams again.

Meticode
06-23-2012, 05:15 PM
No I wouldn't want him back. I'm not mad he left Cleveland. It was the way he went about it as I've always said. If anything I was disappointed that day. If he had a regular press conference and gave the organization a day or two to prepare for it and went along his merry way I would've been completely fine with LeBron leaving and would've said, "Go do your thing man, hope you get your ring." But I personally felt he totally shat on the organization. Especially with the coming out party. That was beyond ridiculous.

Meticode
06-23-2012, 05:16 PM
Let's play a game. The Cavs have Irving, Thompson, draft Drummond/Beal this year, and next year draft Shabazz/Noels next year. Their team would be lacking one position in 2014, SF. They would be foolish to not accept 30 year old (likely 4 time MVP, 2-3 FMVP) LeBron.
I don't think it's foolish if you don't want your fans to turn on the organization.

ihoopallday
06-23-2012, 05:21 PM
No I wouldn't want him back. I'm not mad he left Cleveland. It was the way he went about it as I've always said. If anything I was disappointed that day. If he had a regular press conference and gave the organization a day or two to prepare for it and went along his merry way I would've been completely fine with LeBron leaving and would've said, "Go do your thing man, hope you get your ring." But I personally felt he totally shat on the organization. Especially with the coming out party. That was beyond ridiculous.

Even though his announcement was for charity, it was still a shitty way to leave. Lol it's like dumping your girl thru text message. However, Cleveland would still hate him and want him to fail regardless.

Meticode
06-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Even though his announcement was for charity, it was still a shitty way to leave. Lol it's like dumping your girl thru text message. However, Cleveland would still hate him and want him to fail regardless.
The charity thing was bullshit to me to be honest.

SCdac
06-23-2012, 05:35 PM
Didn't Lebron, within days of leaving, entertain the idea of coming back to Cleveland (when asked by a reporter or something)? I doubt the franchise, and much of the fan base, shares those sentiments... but dude is from Ohio

Hank
06-23-2012, 05:36 PM
LeBron will retire a Heatle

nightprowler10
06-23-2012, 05:37 PM
Meticode. In your mind, is there anything LeBron can do that would make Cleveland accept/forgive him between now and 2014?

Meticode
06-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Didn't Lebron, within days of leaving, entertain the idea of coming back to Cleveland (when asked by a reporter or something)? I doubt the franchise, and much of the fan base, shares those sentiments... but dude is from Ohio
When he lost in Boston in game 5 the previous season and he took that Cavalier jersey off in the tunnel, I felt looking at that clip then which is at the end of my LeBron James: Cleveland Tribute (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CaCSqRS4XLA) video that he knew he wasn't coming back.

Obviously that's my opinion, but I felt he knew he wasn't going to come back. I think he was going to try his best to when a ring in Cleveland through his 3 year contract then hopefully leave a hero in doing so. Saying he wouldn't leave until he brought a championship to Cleveland, etc. Obviously that didn't turn out as planned. To me his mind was out of Cleveland before he ever took off that jersey and had been for some time.

I<3NBA
06-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Meticode. In your mind, is there anything LeBron can do that would make Cleveland accept/forgive him between now and 2014?
he can air another decision and this time say: i'm taking my talents back to Cleveland.

jbryan1984
06-23-2012, 05:41 PM
I really don't know what I would think. As time goes on more and more, I actually do think he will come back. I don't think it will be a loyalty thing but, he is bothered when people dislike him and I think he will want to make up for it. When the Decision went down, nobody around here liked him. 2 years later, its seriously 50/50 now. I've said before, I don't hate him at all. I love rooting against him though. The same way I root against the Yankees when they signed CC or the Red Sox when Manny joined him. Its just an unwritten rule in sports pretty much. Dan Gilbert actually said congrats to Miami via tweet Thursday night. He seems a lot less bitter too.

Meticode
06-23-2012, 05:42 PM
I can't speak for the fans, but for myself I can. If he had a formal apology (even just written) just basically saying something to the effect of...

"I respect Cleveland and the Cavaliers organization. I wouldn't be who I am today without them. It was a wrong doing on my part to make a spectacle of me making my decision ultimately leaving them. I felt I did no wrong in leaving them, but I handled it improperly. I should've been more humble and I was not. Thank you for letting me grow from a boy into a man in front of your eyes for the 7 years I played there."

If he came out and wrote or said something like that. I wouldn't dislike him any longer.

I<3NBA
06-23-2012, 05:44 PM
If he came out and wrote or said something like that. I wouldn't dislike him any longer.
but would you suck his d1ck again?

Apogee
06-23-2012, 05:49 PM
I can't speak for the fans, but for myself I can. If he had a formal apology (even just written) just basically saying something to the effect of...

"I respect Cleveland and the Cavaliers organization. I wouldn't be who I am today without them. It was a wrong doing on my part to make a spectacle of me making my decision ultimately leaving them. I felt I did no wrong in leaving them, but I handled it improperly. I should've been more humble and I was not. Thank you for letting me grow from a boy into a man in front of your eyes for the 7 years I played there."

Lol i just realized your are just some butthurt kid. Lebron isn't going back to that shit hole and he definitely isn't going to write a letter to yall

WadeBronDonJuan
06-23-2012, 06:03 PM

That is an awful and contradictive apology. Really cheesy too. Get over him leaving. He didn't owe Cleveland anything. When those trashy fans burned his jersey, I think it solidified that lebron did the right thing in leaving.

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2012, 07:16 PM
Let's play another game... Cavs draft MKG this year at No. 4.

/LebronToClevelandTalks

That is what I'm hoping for.

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2012, 07:19 PM

Let's make the bolded/underlined part clear to everyone.

James had a nice run in Cleveland. It came to an end in the summer of 2010. Nothing can be done to mend that fence. He can continue winning titles in Miami or wherever he may go during the course of his career.

If ever he came back to Cleveland, I would cease to have interest in the NBA. And it doesn't matter if his PR company wrote some letter/speech.

It's over here... Which is fine. Move on, people.

SilkkTheShocker
06-23-2012, 07:21 PM
I really don't know what I would think. As time goes on more and more, I actually do think he will come back. I don't think it will be a loyalty thing but, he is bothered when people dislike him and I think he will want to make up for it. When the Decision went down, nobody around here liked him. 2 years later, its seriously 50/50 now. I've said before, I don't hate him at all. I love rooting against him though. The same way I root against the Yankees when they signed CC or the Red Sox when Manny joined him. Its just an unwritten rule in sports pretty much. Dan Gilbert actually said congrats to Miami via tweet Thursday night. He seems a lot less bitter too.
You booed CC and Manny because the Indians were cheap? They were offered a ton more money from other teams.

pauk
06-23-2012, 07:23 PM

But... he did say something like that, many times... did you miss it? Let mee see if i can dig up the videos/interviews for you

Personally i still dont understand the "I dont mind him leaving, but the way he left, he shitted on us" excuse... yes, so he was on TV and said where he was gona go... big ****ing deal??? He is no random NBA player... everybody wants to know where he was going, instead of repeatedly answering questions over and over, doing it on TV instead would allow him to only do it once (and raise money for his children fond) aswell.... he had to consider it.... bad or good? i dont know... its your opinion, but you are exaggerating like hell if you say this was in any way "bad/disrespectful towards the Cavs fans" simply because he did it on TV......

at the end of the day, if you deeply think about it THE TRUTH is that you are hurt he left.......... its as simple as that.... and oh, you would be only lying to yourself if you would be equally hurt if he left any other way...... there is no way in hell he could have left Cleveland without Cavs fans being hurt... if i was a Cavs fan i would be "hurt" any god damn way he left... say it on TV, paper, e-mail, twitter, wtf ever you want... HE LEFT... thats the only & main disappointing news...

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2012, 07:26 PM
You booed CC and Manny because the Indians were cheap? They were offered a ton more money from other teams.
I never had hard feelings for either Manny or CC or Thome, because I can relate to it being a money issue. But, to address your point, the Indians weren't being "cheap."

They can't compete with the Yankees and Red Sox fiscally. It isn't like they could match the money and chose not to. The Yankees and Red Sox throw around money like it is nothing. The Indians literally cannot do that. As if they could afford to throw $160 million at Manny? One player on a huge roster?

Silly.

jbryan1984
06-23-2012, 07:29 PM
I never had hard feelings for either Manny or CC or Thome, because I can relate to it being a money issue. But, to address your point, the Indians weren't being "cheap."

They can't compete with the Yankees and Red Sox fiscally. It isn't like they could match the money and chose not to. The Yankees and Red Sox throw around money like it is nothing. The Indians literally cannot do that. As if they could afford to throw $160 million at him?

Silly.

Pretty much this and Manny, Thome, Belle and all of them left one of the greatest teams of all time.

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2012, 07:35 PM
Pretty much this and Manny, Thome, Belle and all of them left one of the greatest teams of all time.
The Indians' team salary is $66.5 million this season. The Yankees' salary is a shade under $200 million.

Yet, the Indians sit in first place in their divisional standings as of today. Wonder how we could do with that spare $135 million?

RedBlackAttack
06-23-2012, 07:37 PM
But... he did say something like that, many times... did you miss it? Let mee see if i can dig up the videos/interviews for you

Personally i still dont understand the "I dont mind him leaving, but the way he left, he shitted on us" excuse... yes, so he was on TV and said where he was gona go... big ****ing deal??? He is no random NBA player... everybody wants to know where he was going, instead of repeatedly answering questions over and over, doing it on TV instead would allow him to only do it once (and raise money for his children fond) aswell.... he had to consider it.... bad or good? i dont know... its your opinion, but you are exaggerating like hell if you say this was in any way "bad/disrespectful towards the Cavs fans" simply because he did it on TV......

at the end of the day, if you deeply think about it THE TRUTH is that you are hurt he left.......... its as simple as that.... and oh, you would be only lying to yourself if you would be equally hurt if he left any other way...... there is no way in hell he could have left Cleveland without Cavs fans being hurt...
Thanks for typing a post that no one will read. Your boy is done in Cleveland. Accept it and move on. Very simple.

50inchvertical
06-24-2012, 12:08 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136645&page=5

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-24-2012, 01:42 AM
Pay attention people. THIS is why Cleveland fans are clearly among the very best!
I betcha Meticode's position represents a large percentage of true Cavs fans.
These guys are truly great fans....way better than Miami fans and, for that matter, Laker fans.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-24-2012, 01:46 AM
thats a good question. not everyone in this juvenile forum is brain dead.

Mr. Jabbar
06-24-2012, 01:48 AM
Cleveland fans wouldn't trade their dignity for the mere chance of a ring. Unlike Lebron, I'm sure they DO appreciate HOW you get your objectives.

RaininTwos
06-24-2012, 01:50 AM
Yo, I was mad salty when the Indians went to shit. :oldlol:

Most of my all time faves were Indians during that time period.

bleedinpurpleTwo
06-24-2012, 02:00 AM
Best fans, in no order...
Cavs
Jazz
Kings
Nuggets
Celtics
Blazers
....prolly forgetting a couple...

Worst, in no order...
Miami
Charlotte
end list.

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2012, 04:10 AM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=136645&page=5
It doesn't exactly take a rocket scientist to deduce that my opinion drastically changed of James over the last couple of years. As I said in the other thread, it is easy to forget how protected he was while in Cleveland. He didn't give really any local interviews and only spoke to the press in post-game press conferences with canned responses.

The people around him (wisely) kept everyone's focus on his game, which has always been stunning.

The events that happened in the summer of 2010 and its aftermath justifiably led me to feel differently about the guy. Why is that even noteworthy?

My opinion of James really started to slide when he decided to parade all of the GMs from other teams right into the heart of downtown Cleveland and hold these interviews in as grandiose and visible way as possible.

Then... Well, we know all of the things that happened in the ensuing weeks/months that turned him from a really beloved athlete nationally to an arch villain.

FWIW, I still don't find much of an issue with his wardrobe selection... Never made a big deal about that, either at the time or in the last two years. As a matter of fact, I thought that it was a reference to his bank account, not his statistics on the basketball court. Tacky, but certainly not egregious.

I have admitted in the last couple of years of maybe being a bit conveniently blind to some of the signs of what was happening with James and how things would ultimately end up. It would have been impossible to predict that things would have gone as sour as they have, but the signs were there that he was capable of kicking the franchise in the nuts on several occasions and I probably chose to ignore it because he is so f#cking good at playing basketball.

Still, I was always just a Cavs fan.... Still am. And the draft has been my focus for the last several months, not any of this old, tired sh!t.

Yo, I was mad salty when the Indians went to shit. :oldlol:

Most of my all time faves were Indians during that time period.

Those teams in the middle-to-late 90s were f#cking awesome. It is a damn shame then never won a WS.

The 1995 Indians which won 100 games had all of these guys in their lineup:

Jim Thome
Albert Belle
Manny Ramirez
Kenny Lofton
Carlos Baerga
Sandy Alomar
Eddie Murray
Omar Vizquel *maybe the greatest fielding SS ever
Brian Giles
Jeromy Burnitz

....talk about loaded. :eek:

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 04:22 AM
I think they should sign him back if he wants to come back...

AND THEN BOO HIM EVERY SINGLE GAME!

that's would be the best thing to watch ever. Lebron being booed in 82 games, plus playoffs, never having home court advantage. Plus he will likely fail in the playoffs without 2 all stars, so Cavs can laugh in his face

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2012, 04:24 AM
I think they should sign him back if he wants to come back...

AND THEN BOO HIM EVERY SINGLE GAME!

that's would be the best thing to watch ever. Lebron being booed in 82 games, plus playoffs, never having home court advantage. Plus he will likely fail in the playoffs without 2 all stars, so Cavs can laugh in his face
Hopefully, we draft MKG on Thursday to make all of these conversations moot. I actually want Beal a bit more than MKG, but it would be worth drafting MKG just to end all of this ridiculousness.

There is no reason for him to come back here. He needs to move on and we need to move on. Seems like every time Cavs fans truly try to do that, these conversations start back up again.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 04:34 AM
Hopefully, we draft MKG on Thursday to make all of these conversations moot. I actually want Beal a bit more than MKG, but it would be worth drafting MKG just to end all of this ridiculousness.

There is no reason for him to come back here. He needs to move on and we need to move on. Seems like every time Cavs fans truly try to do that, these conversations start back up again.
Cavs fan have absolutely no reason to want him back.
But for Bron? He has plenty of reasons to want to come back.

The number 1 being to fix his image. He can erase all the hate by saying, he went out, go his rings, and now is ready to come back home and bring a ring back here. He can say this is because of how much he loves his town and loyalty, how he wants to retire here. He can say he wants to keep his promise he made all the time back. Heartwarming story about how a young man went out, got wiser, and wants to come back home. This could be one of lebron's best business moves if he does it.

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2012, 05:00 AM
Cavs fan have absolutely no reason to want him back.
But for Bron? He has plenty of reasons to want to come back.

The number 1 being to fix his image. He can erase all the hate by saying, he went out, go his rings, and now is ready to come back home and bring a ring back here. He can say this is because of how much he loves his town and loyalty, how he wants to retire here. He can say he wants to keep his promise he made all the time back. Heartwarming story about how a young man went out, got wiser, and wants to come back home. This could be one of lebron's best business moves if he does it.
Unfortunately, it would turn a lot of people in this area off to the NBA... Myself included.

I think Dan Gilbert realizes that. We have a good thing going right now. Kyrie Irving and Tristan Thompson... The No. 4 and No. 24 picks this year. Two first-rounders again next year...

James is a great basketball player, but the franchise should be focused on building a team that can get it done without reliance on one guy... And they are off to a great start.

It is time for everyone to move on from this LBJ/Cleveland thing. I congratulated Miami fans on their championship. I obviously wasn't rooting for them, but I didn't care nearly as much as I did during last year's Finals.

Time to move on.

Scholar
06-24-2012, 05:03 AM

What? :eek: LeBron came out the closet???

I am officially gay now!!!!111!!1!1!!1!!!!!1!11!!!1!!!1111!!111!!

Scholar
06-24-2012, 05:06 AM
But I personally felt he totally shat on the organization. Especially with the coming out party. That was beyond ridiculous.

I retract my previous statement.

You're a sly cat, Meti. Quite a sly cat indeed. You think it's funny making unclear posts like that? Causing grown men to turn homosexual at the drop of a pin over a sexy ass 6'8" behemoth of a champion.

**** you, Code.

ISH, I'm not gay, so pauk, stop messaging me.

No, I will not let you suck my dick and pretend I'm King James.

I<3NBA
06-24-2012, 05:33 AM
I don't think Kyrie Irving and whoever they put around him would be enough to put Cleveland over the hump. i think it would be better for Cavs fans to swallow their pride, accept Lebron back again, and finally end that championship drought in that blasted city. it would also make for a great storyline for the NBA. prodigal son returns, wiser, better, and more humble. then he wins a ring and everything is forgiven. ratings would go through the roof, especially if they battle Miami in the ECF (Wade and Bosh still there) and Lakers in the Finals (it would be Kobe's last season).

nbaballllller
06-24-2012, 06:21 AM
he aint coming back when his current contract is up.

lebron will only be 30 and bosh will be 31. d wade will be 33. and he culd have 1 or two more rings by then.

but i culd honestly really see him going to the cavs when he is like 32-34.

dude will still have great game plus kyrie would be 26-28 and the cavs could be close to contention (obviously depending on how players turn out etc). then adding lebron (who culd have a 1-5 rings) culd help them get over the hump and win a title.

i think this culd actually be very plausible

HorryIsMyMVP
06-24-2012, 06:59 AM
It look Lebron this long to get 1 ring in a shortened season. What makes you guys think he can easily goto the Cavs at 30 and win a ring? The majority of his career so far has been kind of unlucky or failure.

ShannonElements
06-24-2012, 07:35 AM
How does a shortened season really make a difference? Salty qualifier.

NumberSix
06-24-2012, 07:36 AM

"I respect Cleveland and the Cavaliers organization.
That's where I stopped reading.

Why in the fcuk would he respect the cavaliers organization? Who would? Do you? :confusedshrug:

Forget about LeBron James. Just think about the cavs franchise. Do you honestly believe their goal has been to win championships? Do you think they really put in an honest effort to do what it takes to win?

Hate to break it to you, but the "Cavaliers" is just a business located in Cleveland.

RedBlackAttack
06-24-2012, 07:49 AM
I don't think Kyrie Irving and whoever they put around him would be enough to put Cleveland over the hump.
...and, just so we're on the same page...

I'd rather the Cavs be in the lottery for the next 20 years than have James come back here. It isn't just about winning. That's the part you're missing. If I just wanted to blindly cheer for a team because they win, I'd have been a Bulls fan in the 90s, a Lakers fan in the 00s and a Heat fan now.

It is about more than just "getting over the hump."

Why in the fcuk would he respect the cavaliers organization? Who would? Do you?

Forget about LeBron James. Just think about the cavs franchise. Do you honestly believe their goal has been to win championships? Do you think they really put in an honest effort to do what it takes to win?

Hate to break it to you, but the "Cavaliers" is just a business located in Cleveland.

What in god's name are you yammering about?

Meticode
06-24-2012, 09:26 AM
Okay?

Why in the fcuk would he respect the cavaliers organization? Who would? Do you? :confusedshrug:
The drafted him. They tried to build a successful team around him his whole time there, ultimately failing. The fans embraced him from day one.

Well of course. You do understand winning equals money correct? The best lucrative years came while James was here and the arena was packed night-in, night-out with championship hopes.

Oh bummer, I didn't know that NBA teams were in the prospect of making money. :biggums: (Sarcasm)

Meticode
06-24-2012, 09:30 AM
I don't think Kyrie Irving and whoever they put around him would be enough to put Cleveland over the hump. i think it would be better for Cavs fans to swallow their pride, accept Lebron back again, and finally end that championship drought in that blasted city. it would also make for a great storyline for the NBA. prodigal son returns, wiser, better, and more humble. then he wins a ring and everything is forgiven. ratings would go through the roof, especially if they battle Miami in the ECF (Wade and Bosh still there) and Lakers in the Finals (it would be Kobe's last season).
You're misunderstanding the direction the team is going in. Dan Gilbert and ownership don't want to build around Kyrie Irving. They've stated this already. They already tried this with LeBron, obviously that failed. Instead they want to build a solid team made up of great players. Instead of having one super-star and a bunch of mediocre players they want to have multiple players on the team that are possibly all-stars. While Irving is probably be the captain that controls the boat, they're not investing all their time and money into him like they did James.

Meticode
06-24-2012, 09:34 AM

at the end of the day, if you deeply think about it THE TRUTH is that you are hurt he left.......... its as simple as that.... and oh, you would be only lying to yourself if you would be equally hurt if he left any other way...... there is no way in hell he could have left Cleveland without Cavs fans being hurt... if i was a Cavs fan i would be "hurt" any god damn way he left... say it on TV, paper, e-mail, twitter, wtf ever you want... HE LEFT... thats the only & main disappointing news...
To be honest, I didn't read your post. I saw your username and completely ignored it. So replying to me is a waste of time for the most part. Your homerism of LeBron James totally makes me dislike you on this forum. Just trying to save yout he time on your replies. Unless you like wasting time.

LBJMVP
06-24-2012, 10:18 AM
nope, dont wont him back....

i still havent decided if cleveland should retire his jersey.
personally i feel they should not.

Meticode
06-24-2012, 10:21 AM
i still havent decided if cleveland should retire his jersey.
personally i feel they should not.
It feels like you contradicted yourself there.

LBJMVP
06-24-2012, 10:22 AM
It feels like you contradicted yourself there.

i haven't quite decided, but at the moment i personally feel they shouldnt.

Meticode
06-24-2012, 10:23 AM
but would you suck his d1ck again?
Where do you get this "again" statement. If you look back at all posts I got into debates with posters because I was very critical of LeBron when he was a Cavalier. Whenever he whined about no-calls or fouls called on him I would post things to the effect of, "He needs to let it go and just play the damn game and stop whining."

I felt never "dick-rided" or sucked his dick in the first place.

Scholar
06-24-2012, 10:28 AM
To be honest, I didn't read your post. I saw your username and completely ignored it. So replying to me is a waste of time for the most part. Your homerism of LeBron James totally makes me dislike you on this forum. Just trying to save yout he time on your replies. Unless you like wasting time.

:applause: :applause: :applause:

I<3NBA
06-24-2012, 10:31 AM
...and, just so we're on the same page...

I'd rather the Cavs be in the lottery for the next 20 years than have James come back here. It isn't just about winning.
damn man. that's some high pride you got there. you can't eat it, and you can't make love to it. so you're saying that even for a chance to win, you'd rather not?

maybe it's not so surprising anymore why Cleveland has no championship team in any professional sport.

You're misunderstanding the direction the team is going in. Dan Gilbert and ownership don't want to build around Kyrie Irving. They've stated this already. They already tried this with LeBron, obviously that failed. Instead they want to build a solid team made up of great players. Instead of having one super-star and a bunch of mediocre players they want to have multiple players on the team that are possibly all-stars. While Irving is probably be the captain that controls the boat, they're not investing all their time and money into him like they did James.
and how is this any different by adding Lebron to that team they are building? i really don't think Irving and a bunch of other players can get it done. Irving is very good, but the rest that they have picked up so far are not. they're not all-star level except for Irving. so in this sense, they're still making the same mistake they did with Lebron. they only think they're surrounding Irving with all star talent. but they're not. they're just surrounding him with good role players.

Meticode
06-24-2012, 10:39 AM
and how is this any different by adding Lebron to that team they are building?
Because majority of Cavalier fans don't want him back?

i really don't think Irving and a bunch of other players can get it done. Irving is very good, but the rest that they have picked up so far are not. they're not all-star level except for Irving. so in this sense, they're still making the same mistake they did with Lebron. they only think they're surrounding Irving with all star talent. but they're not. they're just surrounding him with good role players.
What do you mean they rest they have picked up? They haven't picked up anyone since they got Irving basically unless you count Tristan Thompson drafted 3 spots behind Irving. If anything they've improved their roster since Irving got drafted by players leaving. Namely getting rid of Baron Davis' contract, and now Antawn Jamison is a free agent and his $15 million contract is off the books now. Not one person for the Cavaliers is getting paid for $9 million currently. Irving is the first piece of the rebuilding process in Cleveland. Alonzo Gee who was already there has developed a nice game and shows he can be a very strong back-up role player. I don't see Anderson Varejao being there for the long term, but he's a very good player. Tristan Thompson personally I feel will be a good back-up power-forward. I'll be surprised if he turns into a legit starter in the league even though he'll probably end up starting this year from the start unless we draft Thomas Robinson. Other than that, the rest of the players on that team are fillers. We have 4 picks in the first 34 spots of the draft coming up unless we trade something and we have a decent amount of cap room space to sign decent quality players.

You act like not even a year after drafting Irving the Cavaliers should have great stars around him. :confusedshrug: This is not going to happen overnight.

mlh1981
06-24-2012, 11:22 AM
I just don't see his game aging well, so I'd pass on a 30 year old LeBron James.

Meticode
06-24-2012, 11:23 AM
mhl1981 sighting!

mlh1981
06-24-2012, 11:33 AM
mhl1981 sighting!

Have had little time to post lately, but I pretty much echo your views from the first page.

LeBron is a modern day ironman who seemingly never gets hurt, and plays all the minutes in the world, but when he gets into his 30s, I see him falling off relatively fast. He won't have this level of athleticism forever. Then what? Eventually, there is a price to pay for this work load, and I wouldn't want to see that on a future Cleveland Cavaliers team.

returnofthemack
06-24-2012, 01:29 PM
Lol i just realized your are just some butthurt kid. Lebron isn't going back to that shit hole and he definitely isn't going to write a letter to yall

this is why we as cleveland fans shouldnt entertain the idea of lebron coming back. would the cavs take him back? most likely but i would rather see the cavs win a ring without him even if it takes 5 or 10 more years.

hes gone lets just leave it at that. hes never going to apologize and if he did would anyone really care?

returnofthemack
06-24-2012, 01:37 PM

dude what is wrong with you? you need to call cleveland a "blasted city"? what does that even mean? have you ever been to cleveland or are you just using the medias opinion and calling it your own?

cleveland doesnt need to shallow our pride. lebron winning a ring is the best thing that could have happen for us. now everyone will get over it.

LBJDW305
06-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Don't see lebron going away in free agency again. IF he decides to leave I'm sure he will hint it one way or another and will be traded. But let's face it. Lebron loves Miami and not only for basketball reasons

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2012, 12:59 AM
damn man. that's some high pride you got there. you can't eat it, and you can't make love to it. so you're saying that even for a chance to win, you'd rather not?

maybe it's not so surprising anymore why Cleveland has no championship team in any professional sport.
That's just silly. We've never faced a situation like this and likely never will again. It is a totally unique scenario.

I'd love the chance for this franchise to win a title... Just not with James. And, I think that is the general sentiment, at least with people that I talk to. It goes so deep that a lot of people want us to take a SF in this draft (MKG or Barnes) just to eliminate the possibility of him returning in a couple of years.

Again, it is about more than just winning. If that was the only thing that mattered, I would just hop around and root for the best teams like some others on this forum do. It is really easy to be a frontrunner.

RedBlackAttack
06-25-2012, 01:02 AM
Don't see lebron going away in free agency again. IF he decides to leave I'm sure he will hint it one way or another and will be traded. But let's face it. Lebron loves Miami and not only for basketball reasons
I agree. It is the perfect place for him. I really hope he remains there for the rest of his career and I'm being totally sincere. It is a good fit.

Legends66NBA7
06-25-2012, 01:02 AM
That's just silly. We've never faced a situation like this and likely never will again. It is a totally unique scenario.

I'd love the chance for this franchise to win a title... Just not with James. And, I think that is the general sentiment, at least with people that I talk to. It goes so deep that a lot of people want us to take a SF in this draft (MKG or Barnes) just to eliminate the possibility of him returning in a couple of years.

Again, it is about more than just winning. If that was the only thing that mattered, I would just hop around and root for the best teams like some others on this forum do. It is really easy to be a frontrunner.

I respect that, especially the bold.

I feel where your coming from.

:cheers: