PDA

View Full Version : Lebron Will Never Get Close to Jordan

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 02:13 PM
Air Jordan scored at will versus any defense. If Jordan was in the league today, in his prime, he would easily be the best player by a mile, especially with the hand check rules, etc.

Not to mention, this league lacks quality big men. There would be absolutely nothing that could stop Jordan, in today's league. Hell, he probably would win 10 championships.

Take this for example...

Lebron James took a team of scrubs to the finals, while in Cleveland. Michael Jordan would of won 4-5 championships, with that team easily.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v84/Foster5k/Olympics1.jpg

TheMarkMadsen
06-24-2012, 02:16 PM
This is obviously a bait thread but I'll bite.

NOBODY who has ever lost an NBA finals series will ever surpass Jordan.

Mj was 6/6 in the finals, with 6 FMVP'S. NOBODY is touching that.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Jordan had Pippen.

Lebron had Wade and Bosh. Of course he's on a different level. He doesn't have the determination and guts to do it like MJ. He prefered help, instead of improving himself. MJ would have worked through it and kept motivating himself, not pick up his phone and ask the next best player for help.

Remix
06-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Jordan had Pippen.

Lebron had Wade and Bosh. Of course he's on a different level. He doesn't have the determination and guts to do it like MJ. He prefered help, instead of improving himself. MJ would have worked through it and kept motivating himself, not pick up his phone and ask the next best player for help.
We know. He wont even pass Kobe on the GOAT list.

Nash
06-24-2012, 02:24 PM

What if Lebron gets 6 rings + 2 finals trip? Thats 2 final apperances more than Jordan..

Anyway, whatever, Lebron won't be better than Jordan. But that won't mean that he can't have have a legendary career on his own terms anyway.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 02:27 PM
What if Lebron gets 6 rings + 2 finals trip? Thats 2 final apperances more than Jordan..

Anyway, whatever, Lebron won't be better than Jordan. But that won't mean that he can't have have a legendary career on his own terms anyway.
As long as he plays with 2 other stars, he will never even touch any level of comparison to Jordan. Or Kobe, Shaq, Dirk, Wade.

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 02:29 PM

Exactly.

Jordan was just on another planet compared to anyone, in the history of the NBA.

Lebron James, pretty much, has already sealed his fate to never be on Jordan's level. Jordan never lost big games. He played better in big games.

Jordan had that killer instinct that guys, like Kobe, can only imitate, but they can never duplicate.

Jordan changed basketball forever. He was the NBA. His legacy can never be touched and sure as hell can never be surpassed.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Exactly.

Jordan was just on another planet compared to anyone, in the history of the NBA.

Lebron James, pretty much, has already sealed his fate to never be on Jordan's level. Jordan never lost big games. He played better in big games.

Jordan had that killer instinct that guys, like Kobe, can only imitate, but they can never duplicate.

Jordan changed basketball forever. He was the NBA. His legacy can never be touched and sure as hell can never be surpassed.

Jocker :facepalm

Nash
06-24-2012, 02:32 PM
As long as he plays with 2 other stars, he will never even touch any level of comparison to Jordan. Or Kobe, Shaq, Dirk, Wade.
Hold on, Jordan played with Pippen and Rodman, Kobe played with Bynum and Gasol while Lebron is already ahead of Dirk and Wade with him carrying Wade to a ring and all. Bird played with McHale and Parrish.

Are you kidding me right now? See how epicly Lebron played in these playoffs before speaking out of your ass. Miami would be nowhere without Lebron. Stop looking at the paper, use your eyes instead.

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 02:35 PM
Jocker :facepalm
Apparently, you never watched Jordan play.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Apparently, you never watched Jordan play.

I grew up in that ERA. To say Jordan never had a bad game (or "never lost big games") is ignorant. Educate yourself.

lebeast666
LeBron will be GOAT...y'all d!ck riding MJ too hard like he was perfect or something

RRR3
We know. He wont even pass Kobe on the GOAT list.
:roll: Kobe stans:facepalm

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 02:39 PM
Hold on, Jordan played with Pippen and Rodman, Kobe played with Bynum and Gasol while Lebron is already ahead of Dirk and Wade with him carrying Wade to a ring and all. Bird played with McHale and Parrish.

Are you kidding me right now? See how epicly Lebron played in these playoffs before speaking out of your ass. Miami would be nowhere without Lebron. Stop looking at the paper, use your eyes instead.
Rodman rebounds, could he be depended upon to score?
Bynum was a scrub in the year Laker won. Look up the stats. He avged 7 ppg. Yeah, great help.

Lebron played well, but it was Wade who stepped up in crucial moments, as well as Bosh, to give Heat the win. Without these two top stars, Lebron would be doing his usual thing. Get great stats every year, have 1 or 2 games of great performance, and then lose in the finals. He is the weakest champion out of all. But then we already knew that when he called for help.

TheMarkMadsen
06-24-2012, 02:39 PM

What I meant by that is with Mj, nobody really has a solid argument against him. Lebron will have an amazing career when its all said and done, but people will always bring up 07 & 11.

Same with Kobe, for all of his moments, the 04 & 08 Finals will always be used against him.

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 02:41 PM
I grew up in that ERA. To say Jordan never had a bad game (or "never lost big games") is ignorant. Educate yourself.
6/6 in NBA Finals. Never lost one. Biggest games, in the NBA, are NBA finals games. Educate that. :D

TheMarkMadsen
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
LeBron will be GOAT...y'all d!ck riding MJ too hard like he was perfect or something

6 for 6 = 100%.

That's perfect.

Jordan had plenty of games that weren't up to par, everybody does. He had his struggles with the Pistons.

But when it came to the biggest stage of them all, Mj never let you down.

Punpun
06-24-2012, 02:42 PM
MJ isn't even the best shooter. He isn't even the clutchiest player. He isn't even the player with most longetivity. He isn't even the most dominant player.

Never say never. MJ has been surpassed and/or never surpassed other in a lot of domains.

It's only a matters of time becauzse he is surpassed.

imdaman99
06-24-2012, 02:43 PM
that 6-6 in the finals is overrated. how many GREAT teams/ dynasty type teams did he even face in the finals? if the bulls were in the west and faced the pistons in the finals, what would his record be in the finals? yeah thats a lot of what if's but i dont care what someones record in the finals is unless they kept losing to shitty teams.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 02:44 PM
MJ isn't even the best shooter. He isn't even the clutchiest player. He isn't even the player with most longetivity. He isn't even the most dominant player.

Never say never. MJ has been surpassed and/or never surpassed other in a lot of domains.

Possibly. There could be a new star. But definitely not Lebron.
He's career is tainted because he needed to win with 2 other stars, one who was a top 3 player in the league last year. Lebron has, and probably never will, prove that he can lead a team to the championship the way champions have done for the last 20 years.

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 02:47 PM

:oldlol: :oldlol:

NBA
Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame Class of 2009
6-time NBA champion: 1991-93, 1996-98 (all with Chicago Bulls)
6 NBA Finals appearances: 1991-93, 1996-98
5-time NBA Most Valuable Player: 1988, 1991–92, 1996, 1998[1][2]
10-time scoring champion: 1987-93, 1996–98[3]
3-time steals leader: 1988, 1990, 1993
3-time minutes leader: 1987-89
14-time NBA All-Star: 1985-93, 1996–98, 2002-03[4]
3-time NBA All-Star Game MVP: 1988, 1996, 1998[5]
6-time NBA Finals Most Valuable Player: 1991-93, 1996-98[6]
1-time NBA Defensive Player of the Year: 1987-88[7]
11-time All-NBA selection:
First Team: 1987-93, 1996-98[8][9]
Second Team: 1985[8][9]
9-time All-Defensive selection:
First Team: 1988-93, 1996-98[10][11]
NBA All-Rookie selection:
First Team: 1985[12][13]
NBA Rookie of the Year: 1985[14]
2-time NBA Slam Dunk Contest champion: 1987-88[15]
Runner-up in 1985
7-time The Sporting News Most Valuable Player: 1987-88, 1988–89, 1990–91, 1991–92, 1995–96, 1996–97, 1997–98
Sports Illustrated Sportsman of the Year: 1991
Ranked #1 by SLAM Magazine's Top 75 Players of All-time
Ranked #1 by ESPN Sportscentury's Top 100 Athletes of the 20th Century
Selected in 1996 as one of the "50 Greatest Players in NBA History"
Selected in 1996 as member of two of the "Top 10 Teams in NBA History"
1991-92 Chicago Bulls (67–15; .817)
1995-96 Chicago Bulls (72–10; .878)

That's not even half of his legacy... :oldlol:

Nobodies touching Jordan.

Remix
:roll: Kobe stans:facepalm
Lebron stans :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
6/6 in NBA Finals. Never lost one. Biggest games, in the NBA, are NBA finals games. Educate that. :D

You said big games. Playoff games are big - and Jordan's Bulls lost plenty before (even during) his title runs. MJ is the greatest perimeter player in history (probably the best player all-time).

What he's not, though, is a demigod. Quit trying to make him out to be.

RaininTwos
06-24-2012, 02:48 PM
Most insecure thread I've seen in sometime. Lebron is scaring Jordan stans.:oldlol:

TheMarkMadsen
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
that 6-6 in the finals is overrated. how many GREAT teams/ dynasty type teams did he even face in the finals? if the bulls were in the west and faced the pistons in the finals, what would his record be in the finals? yeah thats a lot of what if's but i dont care what someones record in the finals is unless they kept losing to shitty teams.

He didn't face any other dynasties because he crushed every teams chance at becoming a dynasty.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Most insecure thread I've seen in sometime. Lebron is scaring Jordan stans.:oldlol:
More like Lebron stans thinking Lebron could even get close to the level of Jordan, Kobe, or even Dirk :roll:

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 02:50 PM
:oldlol:

Lebron's not scaring anyone. He never, ever, will be on Jordan's level. End of story.

imdaman99
06-24-2012, 02:51 PM
He didn't face any other dynasties because he crushed every teams chance at becoming a dynasty.
he faced the pistons and kept losing to them... but that was not in the finals. but lets forget all that because it wasnt in the finals.

apparently losing before the finals isnt as bad as losing in the finals :confusedshrug:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 02:51 PM
More like Lebron stans thinking Lebron could even get close to the level of Jordan, Kobe, or even Dirk :roll:

:biggums:

TheMarkMadsen
06-24-2012, 02:56 PM
he faced the pistons and kept losing to them... but that was not in the finals. but lets forget all that because it wasnt in the finals.

apparently losing before the finals isnt as bad as losing in the finals :confusedshrug:

Ok? He lost to the b2b champions 2 years in a row in the ECF. And once he got over the hump he never looked back & dominated for the next decade.

If you really want to count conference finals against players then Mj will still come out looking better.

Without Mj, the Jazz, Rockets, Knicks, Sonics & Suns all have a solid chance at a dynasty.

Only on ISH is 6 championships in 6 finals not good enough.

pauk

this

ripthekik
Lebron is nowhere close to Kobe's career achievements, it's too easy I won't even try to argue it.

Dirk? They both have 1 ring. But look at how Dirk did it last year. Tell me who is the 2nd best player on the Mavs? Dirk shouldered his team through the entire playoffs, went through extremely tough teams in the West.

Who did Lebron have this year? Top 5 player and Top 5 PF to help his sorry ass out. Who did he go through? No disrespect to the teams, but yeah.. Knicks:oldlol: , Pacers (good team, but no superstar on it at all), and worned-out Celtics.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 02:58 PM
Lebron is nowhere close to Kobe's career achievements, it's too easy I won't even try to argue it.

Dirk? They both have 1 ring. But look at how Dirk did it last year. Tell me who is the 2nd best player on the Mavs? Dirk shouldered his team through the entire playoffs, went through extremely tough teams in the West.

Who did Lebron have this year? Top 5 player and Top 5 PF to help his sorry ass out. Who did he go through? No disrespect to the teams, but yeah.. Knicks:oldlol: , Pacers (good team, but no superstar on it at all), and worned-out Celtics.

:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 03:02 PM
:biggums: :biggums: :biggums:
When you can actually come up with an intelligent response, then we can talk. Is English not your first language? I can use google translation no problem. Using smilies as a comeback reminds me of little kids comeback by sticking their tongues out.

Here, let me give you some applause :applause:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 03:05 PM
When you can actually come up with an intelligent response, then we can talk. Is English not your first language? I can use google translation no problem. Using smilies as a comeback reminds me of little kids comeback by sticking their tongues out.

Here, let me give you some applause :applause:

Subpar trolling, I must say.

Next...

imdaman99
06-24-2012, 03:06 PM
Ok? He lost to the b2b champions 2 years in a row in the ECF. And once he got over the hump he never looked back & dominated for the next decade.

If you really want to count conference finals against players then Mj will still come out looking better.

Without Mj, the Jazz, Rockets, Knicks, Sonics & Suns all have a solid chance at a dynasty.

Only on ISH is 6 championships in 6 finals not good enough.
i didnt say he isnt good enough. he is still the goat, but to say its not even debatable or how 1 player absolutely will never touch him because he already lost in the finals at a much younger age than MJ, mind you, is sounding more and more insecure. look i hate lebron, i did not want him winning it this year. but you cannot take that ring away from him.

mj didnt beat bird in bird's prime, he didnt beat magic in magics prime. these 2 were all time greats. he beat ewing, he beat magic way past his prime, he beat barkley, he beat drex, he beat malone and stock, he beat payton (even tho he didnt exactly do that great with payton on him), and he prevented these guys from winning it all. its not exactly mj's fault, but he didnt win shit with bird and magic dominating.

so yes, he played in a weak era. it is not enough to discredit his GOATness, but its not exactly set in stone that no one can touch him. for example, if kobe wins 4 more championships, he can become goat. yes i know thats not happening, but im just saying.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I don't understand why being 6 for 6 in the finals is so important.

6 titles is obviously huge but why penalize guys for getting to the finals and losing? Is it better to lose in the conference semi-finals or the conference finals than the NBA finals? I don't think so. Any year that you don't win it all is a bummer but I'd rather get to the big show than not. If Jordan was 6 for 7 or 6 for 8 in the finals, to me, that would be better than 6 for 6.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Subpar trolling, I must say.

Next...
Oh, so you've found a solution for winning arguments on this forum!
To beat someone who I can't beat in an argument: call them a troll.

No wonder you're a fan of Lebron. He goes by similar logics: can't beat the best? Join the best!

dude77
06-24-2012, 03:11 PM
6 for 6 = 100%.

That's perfect.

Jordan had plenty of games that weren't up to par, everybody does. He had his struggles with the Pistons.

But when it came to the biggest stage of them all, Mj never let you down.

/thread

lebron's lost two finals already .. both in embarrassing fashion ..

kobe's lost two finals as well .. both in embarrassing fashion ..

neither touches jordan and kobe never will .. lebron may have a shot but he has to really outdo himself .. don't think it'll happen

AK47DR91
06-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Forget Jordan or Kareem. I don't think LeBron will surpass them.

But what about the next 4, Chamberlain, Magic, Bird and Russell? Can LeBron surpassed them?

I'd say Bird, Russell and Chamberlain are very vulnerable. I was about to say that Magic is safe at #3 but the way LeBron is dominating as Point Forward. I don't know... :confusedshrug:

To be the #3 Greatest Player of All-Time is way beyond his expectations.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 03:12 PM
Oh, so you've found a solution for winning arguments on this forum!
To beat someone who I can't beat in an argument: call them a troll.

No wonder you're a fan of Lebron. He goes by similar logics: can't beat the best? Join the best!

Is this some sort of bait-innuendo? Like I said, trolling ain't your thing.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 03:13 PM
Is this some sort of bait-innuendo? Like I said, trolling ain't your thing.
0-3.
I was waiting for you to come up with any type of argument on the subject at all, but you got nothing in your tank. Stick to using smilies as responses, I'm done with you.

:coleman: :coleman: :coleman:

AK47DR91
06-24-2012, 03:15 PM

6 titles is obviously huge but why penalize guys for getting to the finals and losing? Is it better to lose in the conference semi-finals or the conference finals than the NBA finals? I don't think so. Any year that you don't win it all is a bummer but I'd rather get to the big show than not. If Jordan was 6 for 7 or 6 for 8 in the finals, to me, that would be better than 6 for 6.
The 6 rings wouldn't be important if it didn't come with 6 Finals MVPs, 4(of 5) MVPs during the 6 championship seasons, 6 of 10 scoring titles in the championship seasons.

When people say Kobe only needs 1 ring to tie Jordan, it really doesn't do Jordan justice because behind those 6 rings there were other dominating factors that came with it.

dude77
06-24-2012, 03:16 PM

wtf is this shit ? :oldlol:

first you 'penalize' jordan's success by saying stupid shit like 'i don't understand why 6/6 is so important .. then you turn around and say why does kobe get penalized for losing in the finals ? :facepalm

Any year that you don't win it all is a bummer but I'd rather get to the big show than not. If Jordan was 6 for 7 or 6 for 8 in the finals, to me, that would be better than 6 for 6

:facepalm just stop posting :oldlol:

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 03:17 PM
I was waiting for you to come up with any type of argument on the subject at all, but you got nothing in your tank. Stick to using smilies as responses, I'm done with you.

:coleman: :coleman: :coleman:

Riveting story brah, you still get a 1/10.

I'll give you credit for saying Lebron wont ever reach Jordan's level. That much is for certain. Dirk >>> Lebron, though? I guess that makes sense if you don't think about it. :oldlol:

ihoopallday
06-24-2012, 03:18 PM
I haven't really seen MJ comparisons since LeBron won his ring. Why did you feel the need to bring it up?

imdaman99
06-24-2012, 03:18 PM

first you 'penalize' jordan's success by saying stupid shit like 'i don't understand why 6/6 is so important .. then you turn around and say why does kobe get penalized for losing in the finals ? :facepalm

i see what he means. its as if someone gets 10 rings but also has 2 losses. (not saying that is the case now or EVER will be) would that ever be as good as 6-6?? its not as if jordan played 6 seasons right?

dude77
06-24-2012, 03:33 PM
i see what he means. its as if someone gets 10 rings but also has 2 losses. (not saying that is the case now or EVER will be) would that ever be as good as 6-6?? its not as if jordan played 6 seasons right?

that I get .. it's all dependant on how many wins the guy has .. 10-2 is very telling .. that's an impressive record even with the two losses .. but 5-2 can never match 6-0 .. less wins and 2 horrible losses .. 10-2, in my opinion, surpasses 6-0 ..

this is why I was saying lebron has to outdo himself to pass jordan since he has those 2 losses .. 6 wins won't do it .. 6-2 can't trump a perfect 6-0 in my opinion, especially when those two losses were decisive

TropicalDrini
06-24-2012, 03:41 PM
these MJ and kobe faqs are hilarious.

1 guy couldnt win in the playoffs until he got pippen and phil jackson..the other 1 got his sorry ass carried by a prime shaq to three titles..and shot 6/24 in a game 7 of the finals...yet lebron is the one who gets blamed for having great teammates?

yall disgust me with the double standard.

enjoy lebron winning the next 3 titles biitches.

spacebump
06-24-2012, 03:42 PM
How many playoff series did Jordan win without Phil Jackson (GOAT coach) and Scottie Pippen (top 30 all time player)?

Nash
06-24-2012, 03:47 PM
If Lebron wins 3 titles and FMVP in all of them, one more than Kobe as the man..is he ahead of Kobe?

AK47DR91
06-24-2012, 03:50 PM
If Lebron wins 3 titles and FMVP in all of them, one more than Kobe as the man..is he ahead of Kobe?
3 chips, 3 FMVP, 3 MVP(possible 4 or 5) vs 5 chip, 2 FMVP, 1 MVP

LeBron would easily be the better player.

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 04:04 PM
Not unless he plays without standing behind 2 other stars. If he can win a championship with just Bosh, it could be argued. But now with Wade and Bosh? He's on another level.

The "I just can't do it and I need another top 3 player to help me out" level.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 04:19 PM

At what point did I mention Kobe?

You obviously don't comprehend the point I was making. Let me spell it out for you. Regardless of who it is, getting to the finals more often is better that having a higher winning percentage in the finals. Winning 4 or 5 titles is not better than winning 6 under any circumastances. However getting there 7 times and winning 4 is better than getting there 4 times and winning 4. These are just examples. Nobody is penalizing Jordan. Are you following me now?

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 04:26 PM
The 6 rings wouldn't be important if it didn't come with 6 Finals MVPs, 4(of 5) MVPs during the 6 championship seasons, 6 of 10 scoring titles in the championship seasons.

When people say Kobe only needs 1 ring to tie Jordan, it really doesn't do Jordan justice because behind those 6 rings there were other dominating factors that came with it.

Finals MVP's are great but they aren't the be all end all. I'll use an example I used in another thread.

In 1980 Magic won MVP but Jabbar really could or should have won it. In 1988 Worthy won it but Magic Johnson could very well have won it too. Some people feel like Rodman could have won MVP in 1996 against Seattle. If he did, does that somehow mean that Jordan wasn't as good or valuable as Rodman? Hell no. Just because Shaq won 3 finals MVP's during that 3 peat doesn't mean his contributions were light years ahead of Kobe's. They were two superstar players among the best in the league.

LBJFTW
06-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Trying to compare LeBron to Jordan...lol. Haven't heard this one before.

All Net
06-24-2012, 04:48 PM

Chances are most will have him ahead of kobe if he wins next year too.

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 05:05 PM

What you're saying right now is that it's better to either miss the playoffs or lose in the 1/2 or 3rd round than losing in the finals.

Congrats to posting one of the dumbest post on ISH.

LA_Showtime
06-24-2012, 05:09 PM
There's more to basketball than scoring. The only reason these threads are being made is because LeBron James is a threat, period. It must be scary to see a top five all-time talent that's in a position to contend for the next 3-4 years at worst.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 05:54 PM

No. If Lebron continues to pile up regular season MVP's during that period and continues to be a stat monster then he could be with 3 titles. I'd prefer him to have at least 4 to be above Kobe.

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 06:11 PM
There's more to basketball than scoring. The only reason these threads are being made is because LeBron James is a threat, period.

Threat to what? Yes, he will be an all time great player, but he will never reach the level of Jordan. It's not even fair to compare him to Jordan. Lebron's fate/legacy is already sealed. You can't be on that pedestal with the Airness, if you lose in the finals. Lebron has lost twice, in the NBA finals.

Nowitzness81
06-24-2012, 06:12 PM
He shaved his head bro, he's already closer than ever before.

http://www.footbasket.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/AwKvPDlCEAIRs8M.jpg

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 06:15 PM

Threat to what? Yes, he will be an all time great player, but he will never reach the level of Jordan. It's not even fair to compare him to Jordan. Lebron's fate/legacy is already sealed. You can't be on that pedestal with the Airness, if you lose in the finals. Lebron has lost twice, in the NBA finals.
I wouldn't say he can't be on that pedestal because he lost in the finals, I'm going to say he can't be there because he needed the help of two other top stars. Stack a team up like that with 3 players who originally led their own individual teams, and it's not that hard to win a ring.

When Lebron actually leads a team to the title perhaps with just Bosh, then we can talk.

And that pic is ridiculous. His shirt should be saying: "Short-cutted, not earned"

LA_Showtime
06-24-2012, 06:25 PM

That is a ridiculous stance to take. Getting to the Finals and losing is better than getting ousted in the second round or retiring to play baseball. The idea that you have to be perfect once you get to the Finals to be the greatest of all-time is a joke.

The only thing holding LeBron back from possibly surpassing Jordan is last year's Finals performance. But he can erase that performance by winning more championships and adding to his resume.

cteach111
06-24-2012, 06:30 PM
the OP is secretly reveling all of this. im pretty sure he is a Lebron stan just eating all of this up.

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 06:30 PM
The idea that you have to be perfect once you get to the Finals to be the greatest of all-time is a joke.
It's not a joke. It's only a joke to people that don't comprehend the greatness of Michael Jordan.

That's what made Jordan the best. He was perfect in the finals. When the biggest prize was at stake, he rose his game to an even higher level. That's why I said, you can't compare Lebron, ever, to Jordan. Jordan just was too good.

As you say, it was a joke how good Jordan was. It was unbelievable. 6/6 in the NBA finals. Perfect. :oldlol:

LA_Showtime
06-24-2012, 06:31 PM
It's not a joke. It's only a joke to people that don't comprehend the greatness of Michael Jordan.

That's what made Jordan the best. He was perfect in the finals. When the biggest prize was at stake, he rose his game to an even higher level. That's why I said, you can't compare Lebron, ever, to Jordan. Jordan just was too good.

As you say, it was a joke how good Jordan was. It was unbelievable. 6/6 in the NBA finals. :oldlol:

That makes no sense. Getting to the Finals and losing is better than losing in an earlier round. The idea that LeBron would have benefited from NOT getting to the Finals is a ****ing joke. #JordanStansAreStupid

ripthekik
06-24-2012, 06:33 PM
I agree with the fact that Lebron will never get close, but this perfection at the Finals is nonsense really.

It's arguable as a factor, but it's not the end-all factor determining levels of players. That's ridiculous.

LA_Showtime
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
I agree with the fact that Lebron will never get close, but this perfection at the Finals is nonsense really.

It's arguable as a factor, but it's not the end-all factor determining levels of players. That's ridiculous.

It shouldn't make a difference. If LeBron goes on to win 4-5 more championships and 1-2 MVP's nobody is going to give a shit if he lost in the Finals. To hold getting to the Finals against somebody is a joke. The only argument people have against LeBron's claim as the greatest is because he threw up a dud last year. Otherwise it just shows you Jordan fans are threatened by LeBron.

Foster5k
06-24-2012, 06:35 PM
That makes no sense. Getting to the Finals and losing is better than losing in an earlier round. The idea that LeBron would have benefited from NOT getting to the Finals is a ****ing joke. #JordanStansAreStupid
Lol.

I never said he would have benefited from NOT getting into the Finals.

All I'm saying is that, since he did get into the finals and if he wanted to ever reach the level of Jordan, he had to be perfect.

When comparing people to Jordan, now you see how ridiculous it is. Jordan was perfect.

Getting to the finals helped Lebron's legacy. However, by him losing, it sealed his fate to never be on the same level as the great one.

LBJ 23
06-24-2012, 06:36 PM
I wouldn't say he can't be on that pedestal because he lost in the finals, I'm going to say he can't be there because he needed the help of two other top stars. Stack a team up like that with 3 players who originally led their own individual teams, and it's not that hard to win a ring.

When Lebron actually leads a team to the title perhaps with just Bosh, then we can talk.

And that pic is ridiculous. His shirt should be saying: "Short-cutted, not earned"

Names on the paper are not everything. Actual effect of playing is what matters. During the playoffs Wade was far from his old self excluding a few sparks here and there. He was nowhere near prime Wade who was leading Miami in the past. Same thing with Bosh. He was injured and he also wasn't playing as dominant as in Toronto. Before the Finals (I say before cuz back then we didn't know that Harden is gonna suck that bad) you could argue that Durant has better 2nd and 3rd option. Westbrook > Wade this season and Harden's offense and Ibaka's defense easily cancel out Bosh. And then you also have Sefolosha, the defensive specialist.

But as usual Lebron is Lebron and lets use all kinds of irrational arguments just to downplay him.

And like I said in another thread, did you start posting again just to hate on Lebron? Looking at your join date and post count you weren't very active but today I've seen you hating on Lebron almost in every thread. There is already more than enough irrational haters, no need for one more...

LA_Showtime
06-24-2012, 06:37 PM
Lol.

I never said he would have benefited from NOT getting into the Finals.

All I'm saying is that, since he did get into the finals and if he wanted to ever reach the level of Jordan, he had to be perfect.

When comparing people to Jordan, now you see how ridiculous it is. Jordan was perfect.

Getting to the finals helped Lebron's legacy. However, by him losing, it sealed his fate to never be on the same level as the great one.

No, Jordan was not perfect. He didn't win a championship every year he was in the league. The fact he got ousted in the playoffs BEFORE reaching the Finals should be held against him, not be a deciding factor in putting him above LeBron. Oh, and he also retired for two years, so anyone who says he won six straight titles is a moron.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 07:16 PM

I've got news for you. The biggest prize is a stake every year. They give those trophys out every season.

As you say, it was a joke how good Jordan was. It was unbelievable. 6/6 in the NBA finals. Perfect. :oldlol:

Russell was like 11 for 12 in 13 years. What say you?

RRR3
06-24-2012, 07:19 PM
Who cares? :confusedshrug: Let LeBron be himself, who really gives a **** if he's not Jordan? No sane person is putting LeBron at or above Jordan, so stop worrying about whether or not LeBron is "the next Jordan" or "the next Magic" or whatever and let him finish his career.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 07:20 PM
No, Jordan was not perfect. He didn't win a championship every year he was in the league. The fact he got ousted in the playoffs BEFORE reaching the Finals should be held against him, not be a deciding factor in putting him above LeBron. Oh, and he also retired for two years, so anyone who says he won six straight titles is a moron.

It's extremely hard to win more than two or three titles in a row. The physical and mental fatigue is what causes a lot of dynastys to crumble. They still have talent to win it all but it's hard to stay motivated after being that successful. Hence the fact that Jordan retired, recharged the batteries, and came back. Does Chicago win 8 straight if Jordan didn't retire? Doubtfull.

Calabis
06-24-2012, 07:40 PM
It shouldn't make a difference. If LeBron goes on to win 4-5 more championships and 1-2 MVP's nobody is going to give a shit if he lost in the Finals. To hold getting to the Finals against somebody is a joke. The only argument people have against LeBron's claim as the greatest is because he threw up a dud last year. Otherwise it just shows you Jordan fans are threatened by LeBron.

:facepalm

Kobefans are threatened because he will surpass him sooner than later

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5QGkOGZubQ

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 07:42 PM

:kobe:

edit to add...That link is f**king hilarious

Legends66NBA7
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
Who cares?

What thread are you reading ?

Legends66NBA7
06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
:kobe:

edit to add...That link is f**king hilarious

Great movie.

:cheers:

Ai2death
06-24-2012, 07:50 PM
You can't compare the 2 -.- they play 2 very different positions and have completely different roles :facepalm ****ing idiots.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 07:55 PM
I can't belive no Jordan fans posted this yet. They all seem to think that being 6 for 6 in the Finals is the highest level of acheivement in the game of basketball. Ignoring Russell's 11 championships of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wnAUWpoJA

SilkkTheShocker
06-24-2012, 07:56 PM
I can't belive no Jordan fans posted this yet. They all seem to think that being 6 for 6 in the Finals is the highest level of acheivement in the game of basketball. Ignoring Russell's 11 championships of course.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_wnAUWpoJA

There were like 8 teams in Russell's era.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 08:00 PM
There were like 8 teams in Russell's era.

Winning 11 in 13 years is still impressive with an 8 team league or a 80 team league. He coached the team for two of those. Unreal. Also, he was competing against Wilt, Jerry West, Elgin Baylor, Bob Pettit. Those guys weren't slouches. Certainly better than the 1998 Utah Jazz.

LA_Showtime
06-24-2012, 08:12 PM

Wait, are you saying I'm a Kobe fan? Not sure what you mean.

NumberSix
06-24-2012, 09:15 PM

Bill Russell is 11/12 in the finals. You're delusional if you think 6/6 > 11/12

Asukal
06-24-2012, 10:13 PM

Do you know why 6 for 6 is important? This does not by any means say that Jordan was perfect or that he could do no wrong. Every GOAT player needed help to get to the finals including Jordan, but 6 for 6 shows just how truly great Jordan was. When Jordan had the help he needed he never lost. When he got to the biggest stage he showed the world who's the best, the same can't be said about LBJ who already lost not one but two times. :no:

SacJB Shady
06-24-2012, 10:14 PM
lebron is already better

TheMarkMadsen
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
Bill Russell is 11/12 in the finals. You're delusional if you think 6/6 > 11/12

You missed the point,

BOTH KOBE & LEBRON WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN IN THE MINDS OF SOME FOR LOSING IN THE FINALS, WHICH WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO BECOME THE GOAT IN A LOT OF PEOPLES MINDS.

When you fail on the biggest stage in the game, PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT.

NOBODY REMEMBERS JORDAN FAILING WHEN HE GOT TO THE BIGGEST STAGE.
Of course, Lebrons career isn't over, who know what will happen.
He could string together 5 or 6 amazing seasons and who knows.. but at this point in time its hard to imagine a majority of people ever having Lebron>Mj

Mr. Jabbar
06-24-2012, 10:25 PM
agreed

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 10:44 PM
You missed the point,

BOTH KOBE & LEBRON WILL NEVER BE FORGIVEN IN THE MINDS OF SOME FOR LOSING IN THE FINALS, WHICH WILL NOT ALLOW THEM TO BECOME THE GOAT IN A LOT OF PEOPLES MINDS.

When you fail on the biggest stage in the game, PEOPLE REMEMBER THAT.

Of course, Lebrons career isn't over, who know what will happen.
He could string together 5 or 6 amazing seasons and who knows.. but at this point in time its hard to imagine a majority of people ever having Lebron>Mj

I'm not saying Lebron is ever going to be considered better or greater than Jordan. I am saying that "the majority of people" are idiots and I don't consider what they think when forming my opinions. Getting to the finals is better than not getting there and anyone who thinks otherwise is a f**king moron.

NumberSix
06-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I remember Jordan failing in the first round. Is that not even worse?

Are you trying to tell me that it's more respectable to just not make it to the finals? Well, I guess Melo and McGrady have it all figured. Nobody can say they lost in the finals.

I guess the Clippers were greater than the Thunder this season. The Clippers didn't fail in the finals. OKC did.

TheMarkMadsen
06-25-2012, 12:25 AM
I remember Jordan failing in the first round. Is that not even worse?

Are you trying to tell me that it's more respectable to just not make it to the finals? Well, I guess Melo and McGrady have it all figured. Nobody can say they lost in the finals.

I guess the Clippers were greater than the Thunder this season. The Clippers didn't fail in the finals. OKC did.

Dude I never said anything about not making the finals.

Making the finals > not making the finals obviously?

But for the truly great players, its about what you do on the biggest stage that will effect your legacy.

Kingwillball
06-25-2012, 12:45 AM

worst post of the year. Asinine on so many levels.

Kingwillball
06-25-2012, 12:57 AM

I feel like Punching U in the Face.. I hate toolbags like U that are so blatently Biased and wrong and if Y0u really think your right that your a Plain idiot but I am thinking your trolling on purpose so I will give u benefit of doubt.

andgar923
06-25-2012, 01:23 AM
If I'm Riley, I sit Bron down and tell him that he'll never be as good or better than MJ.

It will be the best talk he'll have in his life.

ripthekik
06-25-2012, 03:41 AM
It's not about losing in the finals or having a perfect resume at the finals. It's about this:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=5391478

"There's no way, with hindsight, I would've ever called up Larry [Bird], called up Magic [Johnson] and said, 'Hey, look, let's get together and play on one team,'" Jordan said after playing in a celebrity golf tournament in Nevada. The interview aired on the NBC telecast of the event. "In all honesty, I was trying to beat those guys."

and

TNT analyst Charles Barkley said James' decision might change his legacy.

"He'll never be Jordan," Barkley told 790 The Ticket in Miami earlier in the week. "This clearly takes him out of the conversation. He can win as much as he wants to.

Sorry Lebron fans, this was his decision. To join up with the other top players of his generation instead of trying to beat them. To have a legacy of asking for help, side-stepping over the obstacle instead of climbing over the wall.

SacJB Shady
06-25-2012, 03:58 AM
If Lebron was playing with Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman, Pippen, and Armstrong, he would win the ring every single year, it's that simple. One on one, MJ wouldn't stand a chance against big muscle Lebron

ripthekik
06-25-2012, 04:01 AM
If Lebron was playing with Kerr, Kukoc, Rodman, Pippen, and Armstrong, he would win the ring every single year, it's that simple. One on one, MJ wouldn't stand a chance against big muscle Lebron
No he wouldn't, Lebron would choke under the pressure and spotlight. That, my friends, is the difference between Lebron and Jordan/other champions. Lebron had Wade and Bosh to hide behind when things got bad.

madmax
06-25-2012, 04:06 AM
Exactly.

:biggums: Space Jam tard alert:hammerhead:

Foster5k
06-25-2012, 08:25 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll:

Jordan dominated the league when the leauge actually had quality big men. Lebron's "muscles" wouldn't pose a threat to Jordan at all.

miller-time
06-25-2012, 09:20 AM
I think right now the guy Lebron has to compete with is Shaq. Both have had similar careers so far. Drafted by small market teams, took said team to a finals loss, and eventually jumped ship in their mid 20s.

AceManIII
06-25-2012, 09:43 AM

Can Lebron try to win 2 more championships 1st?! Jeez....

greymatter
06-25-2012, 10:24 AM
Jordan never won without Pip, a quality PF, and decent role players. Using Wade (who had a worse year than prime Pip) and Bosh (much better scoring, but much weaker rebounding and defense than HoGrant/Rodman) as an excuse to bash Lebron is typical of retards, haters, and Rose/Kobe/whatever-stans.

Bottom line: whining about teaming up is the refuge of butthurt retards. Not everyone can be so lucky as to have a GM who drafted well and/or brought in good FAs.

As for the premise of the thread, Lebron's accolades are unlikely to approach Jordan's, but as a talent, he's already comparable. As far as Jordan winning with Lebron's Cavs teams, well....you done gone full retard.

imdaman99
06-25-2012, 10:44 AM
:oldlol: :oldlol: :roll:

Jordan dominated the league when the leauge actually had quality big men. Lebron's "muscles" wouldn't pose a threat to Jordan at all.
Jordan dominated a league that had shitty perimeter defenders. Oh wait he had Joe Dumars and John Starks :bowdown: both guys that were shorter than him and had no answer for him physically. Lets not forget Craig Ehlo. he won defensive player of the year 3 times. Jordan did what against Gary Payton?? He dominated Gary Payton to the tune of a 45 pt average in the finals :bowdown:

Jordan was so dominating :bowdown: