PDA

View Full Version : Howard for Bynum is happening...

niko
06-24-2012, 06:08 PM
People keep denying it but it's coming. Brooklyn stupidly traded it's pick and it's package is all RFA, the Bynum/Howard trade is simple, it's a market that's easy for Howard to warm up to, the other teams with good packages (GS, Houston, etc.) are not as appealing.

Stop fighting it, it's inevitable.

outbreak
06-24-2012, 07:22 PM
Dwight opted into his final year after being threatened to be traded to L.A?

RazorBaLade
06-24-2012, 07:23 PM
it wouldnt fix a damn thing for the lakers

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 07:30 PM

More consitent defense but other than that the same problems as this year. I'd trade Bynum for a top tier point guard and move Pau back to Center. If we get Lamar back on the cheap we'll be right back in it.

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 07:31 PM

More consitent defense but other than that the same problems as this year. I'd trade Bynum for a top tier point guard and move Pau back to Center. If we get Lamar back on the cheap we'll be right back in it.

lol

Dwight is the best defender in the league who's able to give you 20-23 points a game while also rebounding every damn ball coming down. Him together with Pau and (Lamar) coming of the bench plus Kobe would be favourites.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 07:33 PM
lol

Care to elaborate?

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 07:37 PM
Care to elaborate?

Yeah did it;) posted not on purpose.

BTW a point guard w/o Bynum is dumb and it won't get us anywhere close to the title.

Let some average PG like Sessions who can defend play w/ Kobe and then we acquire Lamar who can run the show when needed.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-24-2012, 07:39 PM
People keep denying it but it's coming. Brooklyn stupidly traded it's pick and it's package is all RFA, the Bynum/Howard trade is simple, it's a market that's easy for Howard to warm up to, the other teams with good packages (GS, Houston, etc.) are not as appealing.

Stop fighting it, it's inevitable.

meh..this has became a PG league and doing Howard for Bynum...doesnt change their fcuked up perimeter defense

I would be happy if they can pull this off before next sunday July 1st.....Deron Williams then has a choice to make....

1. Sign with the bottom feeder nets
2. Sign with 34 yr old Dirk with no other help
3. Sign with Lakers who have Kobe & Howard

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 07:40 PM
meh..this has became a PG league and doing Howard for Bynum...doesnt change their fcuked up perimeter defense

I would be happy if they can pull this off before next sunday July 1st.....Deron Williams then has a choice to make....

But how would he sign with the Lakers? the can only give out minimum salary, and I doubt the Nets would do a Gasol for Williams trade.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 07:40 PM

BTW a point guard w/o Bynum is dumb and it won't get us anywhere close to the title.

Let some average PG like Sessions who can defend play w/ Kobe and then we acquire Lamar who can run the show when needed.

We won 2 chips with Pau at center. The only reason his production is down lately is because he's being asked to change his game and play farther from the hoop.

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 07:44 PM
We won 2 chips with Pau at center. The only reason his production is down lately is because he's being asked to change his game and play farther from the hoop.

Yeah of course I know it believe it or not not Pau is my favourite big man in the league but when we won our chip Kobe was still in his prime, the Q is if he can repet those performances.

But come to think of it a DWill/Kobe/MWP/Lamar/Gasol isn't bad but we would still miss the bench dept,

Nash
06-24-2012, 07:45 PM
He wants D-Will and D-Will wants him. They can't feck around if they want to beat Miami. He needs a great PG to create for him and D-Will needs a proper center to create for.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-24-2012, 08:26 PM
But how would he sign with the Lakers? the can only give out minimum salary, and I doubt the Nets would do a Gasol for Williams trade.

they dont want gasol but will they involve other team and get their assets???

just like CP3 thread where gasol went to Rockets and their players went to NOH...

Rekindled
06-24-2012, 08:33 PM
He wants D-Will and D-Will wants him. They can't feck around if they want to beat Miami. He needs a great PG to create for him and D-Will needs a proper center to create for.

nah if dwight goes to LA, nash can easily ask for a sign and trade to lakers into their 9m trade exception.

sign odom for minimum

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Gasol
Dwight

sixthman odom would be the favorite to win

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-24-2012, 08:38 PM
Lakers need a better bench, PG play and younger legs on the perimeter before they worry about their bigman situation.

G-Funk
06-24-2012, 08:41 PM
Lakers need a better bench, PG play and younger legs on the perimeter before they worry about their bigman situation.

Yes they do, but if a Dwight/Bynum is for the taken, why not go for it?

Kobe 4 The Win
06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Yes they do, but if a Dwight/Bynum is for the taken, why not go for it?

Because he might go to Dallas in year and we'll be left with jack.

konex
06-24-2012, 08:45 PM
Mimi and OKC just showed us you don't need defensive bigs to win in this league right now. It's all about perimeter scoring and athletes. Bynum for Deron, please...

BlackWhiteGreen
06-24-2012, 08:47 PM
OK, so how is Odom a game changer again? LAL fans are talking about him being the difference next year. Did everyone miss the last 12 months, where he turned into a pissy little girl when LA tried to trade him for one of the best players in basketball, then refused to commit to the Mavs because he's a pissy little girl who is owned by the ugliest Kardashian? I don't see how anyone with that fragile of a mental state can make the difference between 2nd round beatdown and a championship contender.

Have to agree somewhat with the people here though re Howard not being an upgrade. He is a better player, no doubt, but I just don't see how he puts the Lakers over the top. Considering how many teams tend to play with a PF at centre, you could definitely argue the Lakers would be better off getting rid of Bynum for a wing player who could defend and shoot and a power forward who could coexist with Gasol. Try and tell me Bynum for Deng, Taj Gibson and Kyle Korver doesnt help the Lakers next season. They would ruin their future, obviously, but there's probably other packages out there.

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 08:56 PM
Mimi and OKC just showed us you don't need defensive bigs to win in this league right now. It's all about perimeter scoring and athletes. Bynum for Deron, please...

You're wrong. Miami have LBJ/Wade/Bosh so just those three make up for not having a great big like Bynum and Howard.

And what do you call Perkins? a offensive beast? and they of course also have Harden/Durant/RWB and Ibaka also helping out on defense and knocking down that mid range J.

OK, so how is Odom a game changer again? LAL fans are talking about him being the difference next year. Did everyone miss the last 12 months, where he turned into a pissy little girl when LA tried to trade him for one of the best players in basketball, then refused to commit to the Mavs because he's a pissy little girl who is owned by the ugliest Kardashian? I don't see how anyone with that fragile of a mental state can make the difference between 2nd round beatdown and a championship contender.

Have to agree somewhat with the people here though re Howard not being an upgrade. He is a better player, no doubt, but I just don't see how he puts the Lakers over the top. Considering how many teams tend to play with a PF at centre, you could definitely argue the Lakers would be better off getting rid of Bynum for a wing player who could defend and shoot and a power forward who could coexist with Gasol. Try and tell me Bynum for Deng, Taj Gibson and Kyle Korver doesnt help the Lakers next season. They would ruin their future, obviously, but there's probably other packages out there.
'
Yeah cause caring about what your wive wants is being an idiot, you kniw **** her why should you care.

And I don't see basketball as being different from any other job, if your company was about to relocate you to a whole other state or maybe even country for the same salary would you be happy about it?

And just lol at your suggestion if Mitch did that I would personally go kill him.

theaussieguy
06-24-2012, 08:58 PM
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 09:03 PM
Are you aware that there are people in this world that have a severe medical condition which causes them to be that way? My mother for instance is one of those people. She is a truck driver that has bad knees and a bad back from driving the truck but you probably do not care about that case either. Oh well I am not one of those people I am 6'4" 245lbs and I exercise every day. I would love to see you say something like to my mother in front of me. Probably never happen though you are probably just an internet tough guy. I doubt very seriously you would say that to someones face. Just my thought.What do you think. Oh I am sorry you probably do not have a brain. I on the other hand will be happy to buy you a plane ticket to come here and see if you have the nerve to say that to someone I know.

And the award for the most off topic post goes to...........

BlackWhiteGreen
06-24-2012, 09:05 PM
Yeah cause caring about what your wive wants is being an idiot, you kniw **** her why should you care.

And I don't see basketball as being different from any other job, if your company was about to relocate you to a whole other state or maybe even country for the same salary would you be happy about it?

And just lol at your suggestion if Mitch did that I would personally go kill him.

Man, you clearly have some ****ed up love for Odom and I'm not here to judge, but she married him knowing he could be traded any time to anywhere, and it's not like she has a job. Odom is a professional who gets paid a SHITLOAD OF MONEY for doing something he loves. Nothing, NOTHING makes what he did last season acceptable. If I'd signed a contract to say I could be transferred to another country at any time I'd have no basis for complaint, much less if I was being paid $9m a year to play ball.

In a vacuum, which team is better: Sessions/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Bynum with no bench, or Sessions/Kobe/Deng/MWP/Gasol with Gibson and Korver to come off the bench?

theaussieguy
06-24-2012, 09:05 PM
And the award for the most off topic post goes to...........

Yesterday when i was in the shower, i cupped my hands, and peed into them. i sat there holding 8 ounces of my own pee. i looked at it, felt its warmth, and then unclasped my hands as i watch the golden liquid flow down the drain. and i thought what if....what if i would have drank that pee?

talkingconch
06-24-2012, 09:10 PM
Lakers need to get a 3rd team involved if they want Deron Williams. Pull the bynum/Howard trigger then do the d-will scenario

talkingconch
06-24-2012, 09:11 PM
aware

theaussieguy
06-24-2012, 09:14 PM
aware

how far do u even want to go to look like?

LamarOdom
06-24-2012, 09:15 PM
Man, you clearly have some ****ed up love for Odom and I'm not here to judge, but she married him knowing he could be traded any time to anywhere, and it's not like she has a job. Odom is a professional who gets paid a SHITLOAD OF MONEY for doing something he loves. Nothing, NOTHING makes what he did last season acceptable. If I'd signed a contract to say I could be transferred to another country at any time I'd have no basis for complaint, much less if I was being paid $9m a year to play ball.

In a vacuum, which team is better: Sessions/Kobe/MWP/Gasol/Bynum with no bench, or Sessions/Kobe/Deng/MWP/Gasol with Gibson and Korver to come off the bench?

I ain't saying what he did this season is acceptable but some people can't understand how it is moving from a place you call home.

enayes
06-24-2012, 09:21 PM

:biggums:

RRR3
06-24-2012, 09:23 PM
http://fotos.fotoflexer.com/d3eef4859310faf20a37276d2fc9dabb.jpg

BallsOut
06-24-2012, 09:25 PM
No thanks, Dwight has no offensive game. Only reason Lakers wanted him was to pair with cp3, and since that was rejected, there's no need for Dwight. Gasol is the guy that needs to go.

RRR3
06-24-2012, 09:26 PM
No thanks, Dwight has no offensive game. Only reason Lakers wanted him was to pair with cp3, and since that was rejected, there's no need for Dwight. Gasol is the guy that needs to go.
That's why he scores 20-22 PPG :rolleyes:

NBA2k-Monster23
06-25-2012, 07:45 AM
Teams like Miami, OKC, and etc do have great shooters but us making our team similar to them isn't going to help us beat them. Getting the best defensive center who can run the floor well is the X factor for Kobe next ring. Dwight will be the one to stop Lebron from driving the lane and force him to make jump shots. He will also dominant the likes of Kendrick Perkins. The Lakers need Dwight, then if the opportunity present itself to get Deron then we do it. You get Dwight you also get whoever wants to play with him.

amfirst
06-25-2012, 09:50 AM
THis puts Gasol back to his normal post game with Bynum out. THey just need three point shooters like the Heats and they'll be back in contention. Evey time the Lakers pass the ball out someone always miss the shot. THey need consistent shooters like Miami to punish the double team.

The GM
06-25-2012, 10:25 AM
Obviously the dream scenario would be to get D-Will & Dwight but I'd
gladly settle for:

Bynum, Gasol & Blake (will make Orlando take him on) for Dwight & Anderson (as long as he doesn't get a stupid contract)

Sign Nash, Odom, Hinrich, Delonte West & re-up Jordan Hill

Starting 5: Nash, Kobe, Anderson, MWP, Howard

Bench: Odom, Hinrich, West, Hill, Ebanks

I'd say we'd be on the way to the Finals again.

LamarOdom
06-25-2012, 10:28 AM
Obviously the dream scenario would be to get D-Will & Dwight but I'd
gladly settle for:

Bynum, Gasol & Blake (will make Orlando take him on) for Dwight & Anderson (as long as he doesn't get a stupid contract)

Sign Nash, Odom, Hinrich, Delonte West & re-up Jordan Hill

Starting 5: Nash, Kobe, Anderson, MWP, Howard

Bench: Odom, Hinrich, West, Hill, Ebanks

I'd say we'd be on the way to the Finals again.

As of now Magics would be happy just getting Bynum for Dwight so why the **** would we give up Pau for Ryan Anderson who BTW can't do shit on defense, can't handle the ball, pass or anything of value except 3pt shooting and maybe grab som rebounds.

lilgodfather1
06-25-2012, 10:31 AM
nah if dwight goes to LA, nash can easily ask for a sign and trade to lakers into their 9m trade exception.

sign odom for minimum

Nash
Kobe
MWP
Gasol
Dwight

sixthman odom would be the favorite to win
Why would Pheonix do this? Unless LA trades them a pick, or some other asset then there is absolutely no incentive.

wagexslave
06-25-2012, 10:32 AM
Why would Pheonix do this? Unless LA trades them a pick, or some other asset then there is absolutely no incentive.
lol Especially when both teams play in the same division and don't like each other...

LamarOdom
06-25-2012, 10:35 AM

Either that or he leaves for free taking a trade exception isn't bad.

Kiddlovesnets
06-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Well if so, good luck using Dwight for just one year, Lakers fans.
:oldlol:

niko
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Because he would leave to where? Brooklyn? Because Deron is going to stay and such for another year?

Where?

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
06-25-2012, 01:32 PM

With Jim buss's crush on Bynum we don't know if he will trade Bynum for Howard even if Howard is ready to sign he extension .... Let alone trading him when he is not signing the extension

Crown&Coke
06-25-2012, 02:02 PM

Dwight moves his feet on pick/roll defense, that is what has been killing the lakers for years defensively.

Dwight moves his feet on offense too. Too many times Bynum got stuck on one side of the lane, and when the ball rotated the other way, all Drew had to do was duck into the lane from weak to strong and seal his guy=dunk, instead he pouted like a little chump and jogged back on defense

Howard is a motoring big with skills. I can see him and Pau managing the inside better than Drew and Pau. And Pau's interior passing would allow Dwight to feast also

CelticBaller
06-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Never :oldlol:

Dictator
06-25-2012, 02:03 PM
Lakers could two peat.

Kobe 4 The Win
06-25-2012, 02:08 PM
With Jim buss's crush on Bynum we don't know if he will trade Bynum for Howard even if Howard is ready to sign he extension .... Let alone trading him when he is not signing the extension

Jim Buss wouldn't trade Bynum for Lebron. He's a f**king idiot.

talkingconch
06-25-2012, 02:40 PM

THIS. Ive been pondering this for a while. Why would deron do any of the first two. brooklyn has nothing now for Orlando to get Dwight, Dallas has an aging Dirk, staying with Nets=mediocrity. If the Lakers can do Bynum for Howard swap, why cant Williams demand a trade to LA? You have a Kobe who can STILL PLAY + Howard? No brainer.

However they can both end up in Dallas. But wouldnt you rather have Kobe/Howard/Deron than Dirk/howard/Deron?

I guess the $$ is a problem

hawksdogsbraves
06-25-2012, 03:37 PM
Howard is being underrated in here. He's in a different class from Bynum, and he doesn't *need* an elite PG to dominate.

He's never had an elite PG, of course having one would make him better, but he averaged 20/15 on 60% shooting the year he carried the Magic to the playoffs (and very nearly won the championship) on a team where Hedo Turkoglu was the second best player.

The Lakers swap Bynum for Dwight and they're the best team in the West.

MiseryCityTexas
06-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Lakers ain't getting Dwight. link or get the **** outta here.

amfirst
06-25-2012, 04:08 PM
Dwight will be a upgrade on Bynum because of his defense. Bynum just doesn't understand how to avoid the contact and at the same time change the shot and he reminds be of how bad shaq is on the pick and roll.

The GM
06-26-2012, 11:57 AM
As of now Magics would be happy just getting Bynum for Dwight so why the **** would we give up Pau for Ryan Anderson who BTW can't do shit on defense, can't handle the ball, pass or anything of value except 3pt shooting and maybe grab som rebounds.

It would essentially be getting rid of two hefty contracts (Gasol & Blake) which would free up cap room to get a legit bench and a stud PG in Nash. No way we'd have the cap room keeping Pau along with Kobe & Dwight to be able to get Nash, a legit bench along with another starter.. that's why I said Ryan Anderson.. he'd also sure up the atrocious 3pt shooting we desperately lack.

I also question how well Dwight/Gasol would work together, both post players just like Bynum/Gasol I don't really see the difference, Pau would still be in a position to be less effective.

Dictator
06-26-2012, 12:16 PM
http://i48.tinypic.com/vh9mj5.jpg

I'd rather see this happen.