PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else find LeBron to be a very boring player to watch?

Celtics4ever
06-25-2012, 12:06 PM
His game is too predictable and boring. He drives to the basket like a running back on 90% of his plays and gets a foul called 85% of the time he misses. I don't get that excitement and craziness from his game that I got from watching players like Jordan, Kobe etc.

GOBB_Junior
06-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Why are you still posting in this forum? LeBron is one of the most exciting players in the league. Great All around player >> One dimensional Chuckers.

Rake2204
06-25-2012, 12:08 PM
I cannot say I agree with you there. I may not like watching him succeed in Miami but I certainly don't find his game boring to watch.

RRR3
06-25-2012, 12:08 PM
Call me crazy, but I like watching players dominate at an all-time great level. That's just me I guess...:rolleyes:

Dictator
06-25-2012, 12:11 PM
I hate his style of play. It either crash into defenders, or freethrows.

Alamo
06-25-2012, 12:11 PM
http://i.imgur.com/6LJDz.gif

CavaliersFTW
06-25-2012, 12:12 PM
His game is a LOT like Oscar Robertson's. People called/still call Oscars games and game footage boring too, so all I can conclude is that using size and physical gifts to make simple and efficient moves too score or pass deems you boring. I don't find his game boring at all I actually find it fascinating but I guess everyone has been spoiled by the "dramatic" style of shot-chucking shooting guards that dribble too much and shoot off balance (horrible) shots.

RRR3
06-25-2012, 12:12 PM
His game is a LOT like Oscar Robertson's. People called/still call Oscars games and game footage boring too, so all I can conclude is that using size and physical gifts to make simple and efficient moves too score or pass deems you boring. I don't find his game boring at all I actually find it fascinating but I guess everyone has been spoiled by the "dramatic" style of shot-chucking shooting guards that dribble too much and shoot off balance (horrible) shots.
:oldlol: TBH though, there are times when LeBron does those things. Even he is influenced by that shit it seems.

Mach_3
06-25-2012, 12:13 PM
Your probably just trolling but i kinda agree with you, hes not boring by any stretch of the imagination but his game is so bland, its literally take 3 steps back and Bo Jackson his way straight to the rim or take an awkward fadeaway

SilkkTheShocker
06-25-2012, 12:14 PM
I like to see star players get their teammates involved and control the tempo of the game.

ralph_i_el
06-25-2012, 12:15 PM
Why are you still posting in this forum? LeBron is one of the most exciting players in the league. Great All around player >> One dimensional Chuckers.

just because he's dominant and amazing doesn't mean his style is visually appealing. I agree with OP.

StateOfMind12
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
I would agree with if you were talking about Wade instead of Lebron. Wade use to be probably the most exciting player in the league to watch when he was with Shaq and before he paired up with LeBron but these days it is painful to watch him.

Celtics4ever
06-25-2012, 12:18 PM
His game is pretty boring. Maybe because he is such an athletic freak that whatever he does when he drives in looks so easy.

sic
06-25-2012, 12:20 PM
i enjoy kobe throwing bricks more

CavaliersFTW
06-25-2012, 12:20 PM
:oldlol: TBH though, there are times when LeBron does those things. Even he is influenced by that shit it seems.
Yah, but as he's gotten older I notice he's gotten more "boring" (IE, his decision making / overall game has improved)

Ikill
06-25-2012, 12:21 PM
Everyone knows your a huge Lebron hater so there not taking you seriously but your right. Since coming to Miami Lebron has been putting up the most boring 30 40 50 point games out of any superstar. The player that might be more boring might be Dwight Howard

RRR3
06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
Yah, but as he's gotten older I notice he's gotten more "boring" (IE, his decision making / overall game has improved)
True. He's still very exciting to watch in a vaccuum, per se, I think people just take LeBron scoring 30 points and having 10 rebounds and 5-8 assists for granted these days. In Cleveland, he was more exciting to watch, probably most exciting in the NBA, but he took a lot more dumb shots then too.:oldlol: Funny how some of the more exciting players play dumb a lot of the time (Westbrook for example)

Alamo
06-25-2012, 12:23 PM
i enjoy kobe winning rings more

fixed

Celtics4ever
06-25-2012, 12:24 PM

It might just be whatever style of play you like. I love watching someone make those crazy off balance shots and fade-aways. When you're 6'8 250 pounds and you drive in a lot, that's pretty boring and predictable for me. Maybe that's why I thought guys with games like Kobe/Jordan etc. are exciting to watch.

sic
06-25-2012, 12:37 PM
fixed

I enjoy Kobe being the second banana more

nathanjizzle
06-25-2012, 12:39 PM
i agree, his style is boring to watch. maybe because he has lost his handles and first step and gained 25 pounds

LakersReign
06-25-2012, 12:44 PM
His game is too predictable and boring. He drives to the basket like a running back on 90% of his plays and gets a foul called 85% of the time he misses. I don't get that excitement and craziness from his game that I got from watching players like Jordan, Kobe etc.

Lebron is definitely gifted I'll give him that. But he clearly doesn't have the work ethic to take his game to the next level. He prefers to be flashy instead with the power dunks and all that. Magic was 6' 9" and pretty much defined the "Showtime Era" of basketball. He was flashy with the "No Look" passes as well, but he did all the other things he needs to do to have an all around game. Wall of the paint to Lebron and he automatically becomes a jump shooter. You're absolutely right, he's way too predictable.

Crown&Coke
06-25-2012, 12:47 PM
Colin Cowherd said this again this morning, and that guy know absolutely shit about ball. If he watched a Sixers game, he would know that his name is Jrue, pronounced similar to Drew, and he keeps calling him Jay Rue like its two words. thats how i know he is a box score, highlight watcher and not a game watcher

Lebron is not boring, but at times when the offense is basically pick/roll most teams can be boring. San Antonio, one of the most intricate of offenses, gets labeled boring

There is nothing boring about a 6'8" dude, grabbing a rebound and going 90 feet the other way and dunking on an entire teams head

The_Yearning
06-25-2012, 12:47 PM

Lmao what happened to your LeBron23 account bro?

Teanett
06-25-2012, 12:52 PM
lebron is a dikk, but he's the most exciting player since jordan.

G-Funk
06-25-2012, 12:53 PM
not the most exciting to watch... Thats 4 sure! Melo, Wade, Rose, Kobe, Durant & Dirk are way more fun to see play. Even Ginobli is more fun to watch

RRR3
06-25-2012, 12:54 PM
Lebron is definitely gifted I'll give him that. But he clearly doesn't have the work ethic to take his game to the next level. He prefers to be flashy instead with the power dunks and all that. Magic was 6' 9" and pretty much defined the "Showtime Era" of basketball. He was flashy with the "No Look" passes as well, but he did all the other things he needs to do to have an all around game. Wall of the paint to Lebron and he automatically becomes a jump shooter. You're absolutely right, he's way too predictable.
:biggums: when's the last time you watched the NBA?

RRR3
06-25-2012, 12:55 PM
not the most exciting to watch... Thats 4 sure! Melo, Wade, Rose, Kobe, Durant & Dirk are way more fun to see play. Even Ginobli is more fun to watch
:roll: :facepalm Melo can barely even dunk anymore:sleeping Durant stands around too much. Dirk doesn't have the athleticism of LeBron. Wade is a poor man's LeBron. Rose and Westbrook yes, you forgot Westbrook. Prime Kobe yes.Prime T-Mac definitely :pimp:

dude77
06-25-2012, 01:00 PM
:oldlol:

fitting that you start this thread after he conquers the nba and wins a title and on the day of their parade .. keep on trollin'

ihoopallday
06-25-2012, 01:11 PM
This is seriously the first time I've heard this. Guess since he didn't fail, people have to find something else to hang on to.

LAClipsFan33
06-25-2012, 01:12 PM
Lebron is very entertaining to me because I used to play PG and I like nice passes, but to each his own.

Lebron can do it all...I guess only contested 3 on 1 fadeaways are exciting to you ?

WTF man

:wtf:

KevinNYC
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Lebron is very entertaining to me because I used to play PG and I like nice passes, but to each his own.

Lebron can do it all...I guess only contested 3 on 1 fadeaways are exciting to you ?

WTF man

:wtf:

Yeah, I like plays like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aco9R6M7Yo

Though, I found Shaq very boring back in the day.

Simple Jack
06-25-2012, 01:21 PM
I never understood how people thought this...

He's capable of having 4-5 highlight plays a game. He routinely makes every top 10 on a game night, and yet he's boring to watch?

Haymaker
06-25-2012, 01:23 PM
Bron is a streetball player.

IGOTGAME
06-25-2012, 01:27 PM
I like him when he stays in the post more. The finals was the most enjoyable I've ever seen him play.

DuMa
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
if the most complete player in the game bores you, then i suggest finding another sport to watch. i reccommend soccer for you

lbj23clutch
06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
He's not as exciting during his Cavs days. It was fun seeing a one man wrecking show.

SilkkTheShocker
06-25-2012, 01:32 PM
if the most complete player in the game bores you, then i suggest finding another sport to watch. i reccommend soccer for you

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

SilkkTheShocker
06-25-2012, 01:33 PM
He's not as exciting during his Cavs days. It was fun seeing a one man wrecking show.

09 Lebron :bowdown:

05-06 Lebron was also probably don't most unstoppable I have seen him when it came to taking it to the hole.

LAClipsFan33
06-25-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah, I like plays like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aco9R6M7Yo

:bowdown:

LAClipsFan33
06-25-2012, 01:36 PM
I never understood how people thought this...

He's capable of having 4-5 highlight plays a game. He routinely makes every top 10 on a game night, and yet he's boring to watch?

Hate...it clouds all judgement

lilgodfather1
06-25-2012, 01:40 PM
He is not the most exciting player to watch, I really enjoy Derrick Rose more, but that's it. LeBron routinely makes two or three plays a game that make me go wow how's that possible.

LeBron is special in so many ways, unlike Kobe, English, Melo, Durant, and all of the other run of the mill scorers that we have seen time and time again. LeBron can take over a game in any way. He can make a game changing defensive play on a PG, or a C, he can drop 40 on you, he can go out and get a dozen assists, or he can get every rebound in sight. It is amazing some of the things that he can do that others can't.

pegasus
06-25-2012, 02:38 PM
I much rather watch paint dry on a wall. I especially like how it dribbles without traveling.

inclinerator
06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
not boring, now old wade on the other hand..

ripthekik
06-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I agree. His game just doesn't have that "elegance" and fluidity to it. MJ's dribbles and fadeaways. Kobe's footwork and jumpshots. Iverson and Wade's drives. Tmac's pullups. Those were poetry in motion, beautiful thing to watch as the ball goes through the net.

Lebron? ALL power, no grace.

hitmanyr2k
06-25-2012, 03:07 PM
I agree. His game just doesn't have that "elegance" and fluidity to it. MJ's dribbles and fadeaways. Kobe's footwork and jumpshots. Iverson and Wade's drives. Tmac's pullups. Those were poetry in motion, beautiful thing to watch as the ball goes through the net.

I think that's basically it. Lebron is not boring to watch (especially in the open court) and his game is dominant no doubt but at the same time his game is not aesthetically pleasing. He's bulky and robotic so his game comes off more as "bull in a china shop" in appearance than a graceful, fluid style. Lebron to me is like the Karl Malone of SFs.

senelcoolidge
06-25-2012, 03:21 PM
I agree he's very boring to watch. He's got a herky jerky movement/mechanical. He holds the ball way too long, can't play off the ball. Just not fun at all. But he's effective. Wade his teammate is fun to watch.

nightprowler10
06-25-2012, 03:26 PM
Yeah I think his size and speed coupled with comparatively mediocre footwork makes his game seem boring/not aesthetically pleasing. That said I think his passing is fun to watch at times, just not the other aspects of his game.

Celtics4ever
06-25-2012, 04:13 PM

Good post. This is exactly what I mean.

ProfessorMurder
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
I think that's basically it. Lebron is not boring to watch (especially in the open court) and his game is dominant no doubt but at the same time his game is not aesthetically pleasing. He's bulky and robotic so his game comes off more as "bull in a china shop" in appearance than a graceful, fluid style. Lebron to me is like the Karl Malone of SFs.

Karl Malone had great footwork and finesse to go with his strength though...

I agree with you, the OP, and others, LeBron is just running into people all the time. That's boring. I want to see skills and brains, not pure brawn.

pegasus
06-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Yeah I think his size and speed coupled with comparatively mediocre footwork makes his game seem boring/not aesthetically pleasing. That said I think his passing is fun to watch at times, just not the other aspects of his game.

I agree with this. He is the only player in the league who so blatantly travels yet never gets called for it. In ways, his mediocre footwork becomes an advantage, but it's so ugly to watch.

Math2
06-25-2012, 04:49 PM
I hate his style of play. It either crash into defenders, or freethrows.

Agree

Da Hammer
06-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Yea honestly he is only exciting on the fastbreak but otherwise he is pretty boring. The problem is he holds on to the ball way too long when he isn't in pick and roll. Great player but he has like 2 moves. Either fake a drive and take a step back jumper. Or drive and get foul call.

madmax
06-25-2012, 05:24 PM
i enjoy kobe throwing bricks more

:lol :cheers:

LA_Showtime
06-25-2012, 06:14 PM
Sometimes. He would be way more exciting if he was more selfish. I saw a game live in Cleveland and he had like 20 points in the first quarter, and finished the game with only 28/8/6. Sometimes he's too unselfish.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-25-2012, 06:18 PM
I agree with this. He is the only player in the league who so blatantly travels yet never gets called for it. In ways, his mediocre footwork becomes an advantage, but it's so ugly to watch.

Gonna be interesting to see how he plays without his freakish athleticism. Wont even lie, its hard to imagine him still being very effective when he hits his 30's.

Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong though.

StateOfMind12
06-25-2012, 06:20 PM
Gonna be interesting to see how he plays without his freakish athleticism. Not gonna lie, its hard to imagine him still being very effective when he hits his 30's.

Maybe (hopefully) I'm wrong though.
Lebron will age fine. He will probably improve as a jump shooter as he ages and he'll shoot the way he shot in 2011. He is becoming more and more reliable as a post-player and has a IQ so he can always make good passes/set-ups for his teammates. He'll always be a good defender as well, maybe not as versatile with his athleticism but still a great and effective one.

Tenchi Ryu
06-25-2012, 06:22 PM
OP's not really lying though. He'll give you a few dunks that make you go WOW, but in all honesty, the actual performance never really makes you go gaga or anything. Its when you look at the stat sheet that you realize he had a good game.

And basketball IS entertainment, so its not like a player who is boring isn't a interesting topic.

StateOfMind12
06-25-2012, 06:24 PM
OP's not really lying though. He'll give you a few dunks that make you go WOW, but in all honesty, the actual performance never really makes you go gaga or anything. Its when you look at the stat sheet that you realize he had a good game.

And basketball IS entertainment, so its not like a player who is boring isn't a interesting topic.
This is actually somewhat true at least ever since he left Cleveland. It seems like he scores a lot of his point due to sheer activity such as put-backs, offensive rebounds, tip-ins, etc these days. He doesn't do all the dazzling and razzling dunks and layups like he use to do in Cleveland anymore but he still does it occasionally so it's not completely gone.

It is why his 2010 season is my favorite season from him cause he did play flashy and effective every night.

Ikill
06-25-2012, 06:54 PM
This is actually somewhat true at least ever since he left Cleveland. It seems like he scores a lot of his point due to sheer activity such as put-backs, offensive rebounds, tip-ins, etc these days. He doesn't do all the dazzling and razzling dunks and layups like he use to do in Cleveland anymore but he still does it occasionally so it's not completely gone.

It is why his 2010 season is my favorite season from him cause he did play flashy and effective every night.
but you think 12 Lebron is better than 10 Lebron

pauk
06-25-2012, 07:28 PM
What? :oldlol: Here i am contemplating who i think was more entertaining Jordan or Lebron and you are saying he is boring?

Premiere passing/vision/handling and he is extremly flashy, has made some of the best passes we have seen in NBA history, awesome to watch...

Premiere scoring/scoring ability, can do anything, especially when on fire, had some of the best scoring moments in NBA history, its just amazing to watch especially when he is on fire because then he starts heatchecking shots from even half court...

Premiere athleticism/dunking, head at the rim super power jams, unstoppable inside, jumping over people (sometimes literally speaking), ridicilous amount of facials..

Preimere defense, especially the chasedowns are fun & amusing to watch..

All in All because of his versatility/skill/talent/size/athleticism you get to see highlights at the highest level from any facit of the game... you get to see a bit of Magic, a bit of Jordan, a bit of Kemp, a bit of Julius, a bit of Dominique, a bit of Pippen, a bit of Oscar, a bit of Penny and so on...

StateOfMind12
06-25-2012, 07:53 PM
but you think 12 Lebron is better than 10 Lebron
2012 LeBron is better but 2010 LeBron is more flashy and exciting to watch. Being less flashy and less exciting doesn't necessarily make you less effective otherwise Tim Duncan and the Spurs would completely suck. :oldlol:

nextlife
06-25-2012, 10:00 PM

I actually agree with you. I have always thought this about LJ