PDA

View Full Version : Was Bosh & Wade really superstars this year?

pauk
06-25-2012, 05:33 PM
:confusedshrug:

I love Wade & Bosh... but i keep hearing many say they are superstars...

One averaged 14-7... basically Horace Grant numbers, minus the defense...

The other played only like a random 22 ppg all-star SG, if he played like a superstar then what do we consider somebody like Westbrook? MEGASTAR?

To call a player a superstar based on name value is absolutely stupefying when there is no abundant superstar production...

The only one who played like a superstar in Miami was Lebron... they go as far as only he can take them...

IGotACoolStory
06-25-2012, 05:34 PM
Perhaps their numbers were down because of who they played with :confusedshrug:

And Bosh wasn't and will never be a superstar... You are using the term too loosely.

Meticode
06-25-2012, 05:35 PM
Bosh is a star.

Wade is a borderline superstar with his current game play. Although he usually is at superstar level.

LeBron is a superstar and has been every year he's been in the league except his rookie year.

Sarcastic
06-25-2012, 05:36 PM
:lol What's a random 22 ppg SG? There's like what, 3 players that fall into that category. That to you is random?

Wasn't Wade 2nd in PER as well?

Bosh's stats are down because he is a third option now. He'd be 20/10 if they featured him.

SpecialQue
06-25-2012, 05:37 PM
:biggums:

bleedinpurpleTwo
Chalmers and Battier were "superstars".

Alamo
I would love to have a player average 5 rpg 5 apg and 22 ppg on shooting 50% FG on my team.

And I would take Chris Bosh over just about any other PF in the league right now. There are maybe 3 better than him.

Top 1-2 SG

Top 4-5 PF.

Yeah

scm5
06-25-2012, 05:39 PM

The other played only like a random 22 ppg all-star SG, if he played like a superstar then what do we consider somebody like Westbrook? MEGASTAR?

To call a player a superstar based on name value is absolutely stupefying when there is no abundant superstar production...

So players on Team USA shouldn't be considered superstars?

ripthekik
06-25-2012, 05:39 PM
You're missing the fact. Even if they were superstars, their numbers would be down from previous due to Lebron handling the ball all the time.

This year, they still had the potential to play their top form at any given moment of the game. Wade during the Pacers played like they had no defenders, he just zipped right through.

Wade and Bosh both had superstar moments, which took the Heat through. Without those superstar moments, Heat would have lost.

Conclusion: Lebron needed those superstars in his team. They didn't have to play like superstars entire playoffs, (and they couldn't because Lebron had the ball), but they had to play like one at important moments of the game so the Heat can win.

Can Lebron win without people that have superstar ability? We don't know yet.

eurobum
06-25-2012, 05:40 PM
how are people so incredibly biased towards wade because of the "what he used to able to do" factor? are people so moronically desperate to ascend james even farther that they completely belittle wade's still top 5-8 in the league performance? sickening and sad.

tpols
Were*

pauk
And Bosh wasn't and will never be a superstar... You are using the term too loosely.

There are actually very many who call him superstar here...

BGriffin's Dad
06-25-2012, 05:41 PM
Wade was a top 3 SG this year...

pauk
06-25-2012, 05:41 PM
:lol What's a random 22 ppg SG? There's like what, 3 players that fall into that category. That to you is random?

Wasn't Wade 2nd in PER as well?

Bosh's stats are down because he is a third option now. He'd be 20/10 if they featured him.

Historically speaking a 22-5-5 guy is a "random" all-star SG... not a SUPERSTAR

EnoughSaid
06-25-2012, 05:42 PM

And who's #2? :rolleyes:

Alamo
06-25-2012, 05:42 PM

Top 2

Dwyane Rose
06-25-2012, 05:43 PM

Top 1.

The Iron Fist
06-25-2012, 05:43 PM
Wheres that thread about Wade winning some award over Kobe?

Ikill
06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
Wade was better than Westbrook there raw stats were similar but Wade was much more efficient and played better defense. Wade was terrible by his standards but he was still a superstar level player. The only players that played better than him for sure were Lebron and Durant

pauk
06-25-2012, 05:44 PM
I am fully aware that a guys numbers might drop by playing with another talented player/players... happened to Lebron aswell..

But you are completely missing the point... DID THEY PLAY LIKE SUPERSTARS? The answer is no... only Lebron...

Wades numbers dropped down dramatically this year from last year while still playing with Lebron/Bosh... the cause behind this has more to do with "decline" and somewhat injuries rather than playing with Lebron...

Alamo
06-25-2012, 05:45 PM

That's pretty much what Pippen averaged in his best year with Jordan. Except Pippen played 8 more minutes per game.

scm5
06-25-2012, 05:46 PM
Top 1.

Top 2.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bryanko01&p2=wadedw01

Wade won one match up between them this season, but Kobe schooled the hell out of Wade the second game. It was amazing watching Kobe post up Wade.

Meanwhile, Kobe almost always plays solid defense on Wade... even at an advanced age.

eurobum
06-25-2012, 05:46 PM

where's the cutoff? 24-5-5 is a superstar? can you show me the chart?

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/e4515b7704af1209e9f2b93af4b59c7599c7b24.gif

Ikill
06-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Don't ignore that these guys still have to be gameplanned for teams still put a lot of effort into stopping Wade and Bosh. So yeah these were still helping there teams even if they weren't playing good

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
Wade played like an allstar, not a superstar. At least in the postseason. Bosh was a great third option, but a role player by the time the Finals ended.

I get a kick out of his naysayers claiming "Lebron needed two all-stars!!1" Paper names don't mean sh!t. :lol

ripthekik
Thread backfired :oldlol:

ILLsmak
06-25-2012, 05:52 PM
where's the cutoff? 24-5-5 is a superstar? can you show me the chart?

http://images.yuku.com/image/gif/e4515b7704af1209e9f2b93af4b59c7599c7b24.gif

lol, Wade did some amazing shit and Bosh also did some ridiculous shit. There are times when they carried the team.

But was it ever arguable, for a whole game, that one was better than Bron? Probably not. But other than KD, who else in the NBA could be argued as better?

-Smak

Ikill
06-25-2012, 05:54 PM
Wade played like an allstar, not a superstar. At least in the postseason. Bosh was a great third option, but a role player by the time the Finals ended.

I get a kick out of his naysayers claiming "Lebron needed two all-stars!!1" Paper names don't mean sh!t. :lol
Wade was just as good Paul Kobe and Westbrook he was easily a top 10 player this playoffs that a superstar

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
06-25-2012, 05:55 PM
Wade was just as good Paul Kobe and Westbrook he was easily a top 10 player this playoffs that a superstar

You don't know what you're talking about. :oldlol:

Deuce Bigalow
06-25-2012, 05:57 PM
B..b..b..b..but Wade was #2 in PER, so he was the 2nd best player in the LEAGUE...

jbot
06-25-2012, 05:58 PM
wade was lebron's Robin and bosh was lebron's Alfred.

Ikill
You don't know what you're talking about. :oldlol:
He was more efficient than all of them and plays better defense than all of them people are underrating Wade because he was bad by his standards.

Smoke117
Wade was in and out of the line up with various pains and injuries. Seems to me he still played just fine considering that fact. It's hard to get into any kind of rhythm when you are dealing with various injuries...not to mention the condensed schedule did not help any player and especially those 30 or older. Also Wade only played 33mpg and if you look at his season last year to this season per 36 mins...there really isn't that much of a difference. With all the injuries and coming in and out of the line up he just wasn't playing as much, but his stats really didn't take a hit by a per min basis and as far as assist, steals, and blocks they actually went up.

Doranku
06-25-2012, 06:02 PM
So when Pau Gasol averages 19/11 and Andrew Bynum averages 9/7, they're dominant big men, but when Wade averages 22-5-5, he's a "random all-star"?

:roll: ISH in a nutshell.

97 bulls
06-25-2012, 06:02 PM
That's pretty much what Pippen averaged in his best year with Jordan. Except Pippen played 8 more minutes per game.
Actuallly Pippen avg roughly 20/8/6 and was arguably the best defender in the league playing alongsiide Jordan.

And dont forget, while wade mayve played less minutes than Pip, he took the same amount of shots.

LakersReign
06-25-2012, 06:07 PM

The only one who played like a superstar in Miami was Lebron... they go as far as only he can take them...

This is exactly why nobody either respects bandwagon Lebron fans aka Lebronytes, or takes a thing they say seriously. Bottom line is, you're so insecure about Lebron, that now when people are saying he couldn't have won without Wade and Bosh(cuz he was carried by them). All of a sudden it's, "oh....um...well....you know....(cough)....yeah....um...well.....they didn't play as good as Lebron....so Lebron won that title all by himself." GTFOH!!!!

KingBeasley08
06-25-2012, 06:09 PM
This is exactly why nobody either respects bandwagon Lebron fans aka Lebronytes, or takes a thing they say seriously. Bottom line is, you're so insecure about Lebron, that now when people are saying he couldn't have won without Wade and Bosh(cuz he was carried by them). All of a sudden it's, "oh....um...well....you know....(cough)....yeah....um...well.....they didn't play as good as Lebron....so Lebron won that title all by himself." GTFOH!!!!
chill out bro. why are you always so angry? yo girl not lickin yo nuts nice enough :confusedshrug:

eurobum
06-25-2012, 06:11 PM
chill out bro. why are you always so angry? yo girl not lickin yo nuts nice enough :confusedshrug:

why don't you chill the **** out telling people to chill out, bro.

:)

LakersReign
06-25-2012, 06:11 PM
The truth(that Lebron was carried by Wade and Bosh to his first title) really does hurt now....doesn't it?:roll:

lebeast666
06-25-2012, 06:32 PM

MJ, Pippen and Toni Kukoc in Olympics :confusedshrug:

Meticode
06-25-2012, 06:35 PM
wade was lebron's Robin and bosh was lebron's Alfred.
Bosh being Batgirl is more suitable I think... :roll:

BGriffin's Dad
06-25-2012, 06:38 PM
if you're a top 2/3 player for your position, you're a superstar...

CP3/Westbrook/Rose
Kobe/Wade
LeBron/Durant
Griffin/Love/Bosh
Dwight/Bynum

longtime lurker
06-25-2012, 06:41 PM
The championship isn't even a week old and this guy is already trying to down play Lebron's teammates. :lol

Dictator
06-25-2012, 06:46 PM

Thread/ :lol :oldlol: :roll:

Ikill
06-25-2012, 06:49 PM
The championship isn't even a week old and this guy is already trying to down play Lebron's teammates. :lol
Pauks a dickrider i hate dickriders there so ****ing gay

CelticBaller
06-25-2012, 06:51 PM
:biggums:
summarizes all of pauk's post

RazorBaLade
06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
Um obviously if you put say 5 superstars on the team they won't all be able to average their 30 ppg, theres only one ball, and thats exactly what happened to bosh and wade.

They are great great great 2nd and 3rd options and thats because they could both be stars on their own team. (well, bosh can be a 2nd option not a 1)

both certainly superstars this year. certainly.

NuggetsFan
06-25-2012, 07:10 PM
Depends on your definition. Name value just holds so much weight. People can't let go of what a player once was. It's why it's took so long for Rondo to be the unquestionable best player on the Celtics in everybody's eyes. People just couldn't cope with the fact that guy's like Pierce and Allen were over the hill and not the same "superstar" players they once were.

Dwayne Wade wasn't going to be a top 5 player this year with or without LeBron IMO. His jumper seems to have regressed a little bit and it never was that great. He's getting up there in age and losing some of that athletic ability. He wasn't even a top 10 player this year. By definition I don't think that's a superstar. Chris Bosh while an underrated piece for the Heat is a great player, not a superstar IMO.

In terms of second tier and third tier players you can't get any better tho. Dwayne Wade and Bosh could still be the best player on many teams and with Bosh you have a guy who your running your offense through AFTER 2 other players.

Not to get it twisted when LeBron left to go to the Heat Wade was arguably the 2nd best player in the game. I think him regressing a little bit helped the Heat win a championship because it became very clear that LeBron was on another level. When they first joined there was whispers of Wade being just as good and it being his team.

RRR3
06-25-2012, 07:12 PM
Wade was obviously. Wade has been a superstar for years. Wade may have played like a dumbass in the playoffs, but he's still a superstar, no doubt about it. Bosh has never been a superstar but he is an all-star and a top 5 PF in today's NBA.

I.R.Beast
06-25-2012, 07:15 PM
I am fully aware that a guys numbers might drop by playing with another talented player/players... happened to Lebron aswell..

But you are completely missing the point... DID THEY PLAY LIKE SUPERSTARS? The answer is no... only Lebron...

Wades numbers dropped down dramatically this year from last year while still playing with Lebron/Bosh... the cause behind this has more to do with "decline" and somewhat injuries rather than playing with Lebron...
PAUK please just stop, LeBron got the ring that you said is a "team accomplishment" and has nothing to do with how great a player is. Stop trying to take wade and bosh off of superstar status to makes James ring more "valuable" . Yes they were superstars, that sacrificed numbers to win. a 3 superstar team should be able to win a title... GTFO

Legends66NBA7
06-25-2012, 07:16 PM
Are Heat fans just happy their team won a title ?

RRR3
06-25-2012, 07:17 PM
Are Heat fans just happy their team won a title ?
Who knows? There's like 5 real Heat fans on here, they get drowned out by the Heat Homers and the butthurt Kobe f*ggots

Legends66NBA7
06-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Who knows? There's like 5 real Heat fans on here, they get drowned out by the Heat Homers and the butthurt Kobe f*ggots

Yeah, I can see that.

If I'm a Heat fan, I wouldn't give a damn about who was a superstar and what their numbers were... it's like, who cares ?

Our team won the chip. The rest of that shit is for the birds.

Alamo
06-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Yeah, I can see that.

If I'm a Heat fan, I wouldn't give a damn about who was a superstar and what their numbers were... it's like, who cares ?

This is Pauk we're talking about.

tpols
06-25-2012, 07:25 PM
:lol Everyone knew this was going to happen. All three allstars/superstars join and sacrifice a little bit of their games to win a title and when they do it was 'all Lebron.'

RRR3
06-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Yeah, I can see that.

*looks at avatar*
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Mood-Swing.gif

PJR
06-25-2012, 07:34 PM
Im as big of a LeGawd fan there is out there, but geez Pauk get LeBron's dick out of your mouth. :facepalm

Legends66NBA7
06-25-2012, 07:36 PM
*looks at avatar*
http://www.totalprosports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Mood-Swing.gif

:rockon:

RRR3
06-25-2012, 07:37 PM
Im as big of a LeGawd fan there is out there, but geez Pauk get LeBron's dick out of your mouth. :facepalm
QFT. Pauk needs to calm down. Wade is a superstar, as much as he annoyed me this postseason. If Wade's not a superstar, then there are very few actual superstars in today's NBA...

97 bulls
06-25-2012, 07:48 PM
QFT. Pauk needs to calm down. Wade is a superstar, as much as he annoyed me this postseason. If Wade's not a superstar, then there are very few actual superstars in today's NBA...
Pauk strikes me as being the same type of person as the Jordanites that frrequent this forum. Hes clearly not a Heat fan only a fan of LeBron James. And now will go out of his way to try to undermine the role all the Heat players had in winning this championship.

And say James is sooo good that he could win a championship all by himself.

LA_Showtime
06-25-2012, 07:51 PM
I wouldn't say they were superstars, but they were still all-star caliber players who drew the attention of the opposing defenses. I mean Wade alone could shoot 0/0 from the floor and he'd still open up the game for LeBron.

HiphopRelated
06-25-2012, 08:18 PM

He just played less minutes because of the schedule

The production was basically the same

Ikill
06-25-2012, 08:57 PM
I told you Pauk no one takes you seriously everyone knows your a dickrider and thats gay. Your agenda is clear so why don't you go back to the days where you would on huge rants about Lebron where everything was in capitals.

Dengness9
06-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Given

NOT

EARNED

Ikill
06-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Pauk the only way you wont be known as a dickrider would be if you stopped talking about Lebron all together.

Dengness9
06-25-2012, 09:01 PM
I told you Pauk no one takes you seriously everyone knows your a dickrider and thats gay. Your agenda is clear so why don't you go back to the days where you would on huge rants about Lebron where everything was in capitals.

AGREED

Brickz187
06-25-2012, 09:30 PM
I don't care who the superstars are, we got ring number 2 baby.

Dengness9
06-25-2012, 09:32 PM
http://a0.twimg.com/profile_images/2238806604/image.jpg

G-Funk
06-25-2012, 09:32 PM
No ill take Odom & Gasol over them any day of the week.

Gasol>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bosh

Odom>>>>Wade

ShaqAttack3234
06-25-2012, 09:40 PM
Bosh was never a superstar. The closest was 2010 when I'd say he was a top 11-12 player, he bulked up to 250, was more aggressive and put up 24/11 on 52%.

But other than 2010, Bosh was top 15-20 during his other years in Toronto. Phenomenal for a 3rd option, and top 20 or so these last 2 years in Toronto. Also phenomenal for a 3rd option. Better than other 3rd options on championship teams the last 20 years except for maybe Manu/Parker(whoever was 3rd in '07), maybe Rodman in '96, and Allen in '08 was pretty close.

Though others have had more productive/equally productive playoff runs due to Bosh's injuries.

But it's worth noting that Bosh put up 24/8 on 58% shooting when Wade was out during the season, and Miami was 12-1.

Wade looked to decline, imo, and I probably wouldn't say he was a top 5 player last year, and has dropped to borderline superstar status. Still very good for a 2nd option.

None of this should take away from what Lebron did because they basically won the conference semifinals and conference finals without Bosh. Granted, their Eastern Conference competition wasn't that good, and Bosh came up big in game 7 vs Boston,and then was back for their best opponent in the finals.

But most importantly, Lebron played unbelievable basketball for the entire playoffs. Scoring, rebounding, passing and defense.

But lets not forget that Wade came up big when they needed him most vs Indiana and showed flashes of prime Wade, and then Wade was the primary focus of Boston's defense, which isn't a luxury many players of Lebron's caliber have. Lebron had an incredible series vs Boston, but I wouldn't assume that Boston focusing on Wade didn't help.

guy
06-25-2012, 11:59 PM
Dumb thread as usual. Wade put up 23/5/4 on 46%, had an amazing closeout game 6 vs. the Pacers, and had multiple games where he scored double digits in the 4th quarter. Lets say he never had the previous 8 years, and just had the type of season he had this year where he was the clear second fiddle to Lebron for the next 10 years and the Heat won 3-6 titles. If that were the case, he'd be a sure-fire HOFer much like other second fiddles like Worthy, McHale, Pippen, etc. You keep saying Wade was just a "name" this year and Lebron did everything, which is funny cause I'm sure you think his stats didn't mean much yet point to the stats of second fiddles of other past greats to say they weren't just a "name". No none of them were just "names" but all of these great players i.e. Bird, Magic, Jordan, Hakeem, Shaq, Duncan, Kobe had their stretches in games/series where it looked like they weren't getting any help and were doing everything. Lebron didn't do anything that significantly different. If Wade isn't a superstar, then those other players most likely never played with superstars. Or its the other way around. Whatever the case, don't belittle his achievements. Obviously you're happy they didn't win with Wade being better or equal to Lebron like many people thought would be the case when they joined up. But now you're just talking out of your ass.

LBJMVP
06-26-2012, 12:11 AM
lmao, lebron is playing with the best shooting guard in the east and the 2nd best shooting guard in the nba + plus bosh who is easily a top 5 power forward.

people forget that bosh averaged 24/11 on 52% shooting

5 straight seasons of 22+ points per game and 4/5 with 10 rebounds.

bosh could be a 25/12 guy right now... possibly a top three PF

now he is averaged 18/8 as a third option!!! this dude goes beserk when wade and or lebron is out.

yet people still try to belittle them to make lebron look better :lol

LakersReign
06-26-2012, 02:51 AM
:lol @pauk, getting disowned by BOTH real Heat fans and bandwagon Heat fans:roll: