PDA

View Full Version : Supra, Viper, or NSX

Cowboy Thunder
06-25-2012, 06:21 PM
All seem to retain their value extremely well. Any can be had for 30 grand.

Looking for something fun to drive for a few years and dump off at a minimal loss.

Which would you go with?

http://farm3.staticflickr.com/2099/1625787165_26d3b9c55a_z.jpg

http://static.cargurus.com/images/site/2008/09/03/19/05/1995_dodge_viper_2_dr_rt_10_convertible-pic-46840.jpeg

http://world-viewer.com/data_images/acura-nsx/acura-nsx-05.jpg

Meticode
06-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Don't know about cars much, I liked using the Viper-like car in GTA though.

Cowboy Thunder
06-25-2012, 06:27 PM
The performance between the three are all very different and something I really don't care much about.

Supra can go real fast for real cheap. NSX is a great handling car but hard pressed to be a real screamer. Viper is just expensive parts and unreliable as hell, but a real show stopper. :lol

I just want something fun to cruise around in and live out the child hood dream before the ole lady gets knocked up. :lol

None of the three are extremely bad investments besides operating costs.

Stuckey
06-25-2012, 06:37 PM
give me the Wolf's car

DuMa
06-25-2012, 06:38 PM
NSX by far.

Cowboy Thunder
give me the Wolf's car

:pimp:

nsx:applause:

They look far more beautiful in person than in picture.

franchise#3
Viper. It looks badass.

EricGordon23
Nsx!!!!! Easy!

Cowboy Thunder
06-25-2012, 06:45 PM
Viper. It looks badass.

My favorite as a child, but definitely the least practical of the 3. The early ones don't even have windows. :lol

Cowboy Thunder
06-25-2012, 06:48 PM
http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz82/JEEVIL/Rides/driveway04.jpg

Clippersfan86
06-25-2012, 06:57 PM
First off... the TT MK4 Supra is a legend but it's not in the same class as the NSX and Viper as an all around performer. So remove the Supra from this discussion please, but I'll still talk about it.

The NSX is one of the most balanced and perfect cars in history. Handles better than almost any car for it's time, has mind blowing acceleration and top end. Has insane potential. Reliable.

The Viper has the most torque and power potential obviously. Less reliable but more power. I met this guy at a car show once who had a Viper that did 0-60 in 2.5 seconds and no that's not a type. These cars are very squirrely and unsafe though.

The TT MK4 Supra is a beast in it's own right with a legendary motor and great potential on all fronts. Unlike the Viper and NSX that can be classified as "Supercars" by most stock... this car would need serious money dumped into it to compete with the other two cars. You can find 700-1000 hp Supras all over the place but it costs a fortune to get them to that point. Starting off with a big turbo which can run you 10k alone brand new.

My final question to you is... do you prefer balance and a machine that does everything well? If so.. you take the NSX without thinking about it. If you want drag racing, more torque and more of a raw, out of control experience you take the Viper. Remember though... the NSX is 6 cylinders and the Viper is 10. BIG BIG difference in cost to repair, reliability etc. A blown V10 or V12 engine can cost you 15-20k EASY for a rebuild, let alone a replacement which can cost way more. V10's are unique and awesome but some modified Vipers literally get under 5 MPG.

Do you want a weekend toy, drag racer? Or a car you can do everything with? That's the big difference here.

Cowboy Thunder
06-25-2012, 07:06 PM
I put the Supra in with the Viper and NSX because of how it retains it's resale value.

I could get a 04 Cobra if I wanted to drag race. I just love the classic styling on all three of these cars. I wouldn't go mod crazy on any of them.

Just something fun to drive around for a few years. I think the NSX is clear winner. More exotic than the Supra, more practical than the Viper.

ViperVisor
06-25-2012, 07:23 PM
Viper :D

Clippersfan86
06-25-2012, 07:58 PM
I put the Supra in with the Viper and NSX because of how it retains it's resale value.

I could get a 04 Cobra if I wanted to drag race. I just love the classic styling on all three of these cars. I wouldn't go mod crazy on any of them.

Just something fun to drive around for a few years. I think the NSX is clear winner. More exotic than the Supra, more practical than the Viper.

If you're staying mostly stock the NSX is again a no brainer. I've had multiple 300 whp plus cars and none compare to my stock S2000 I had. Brilliant engineering and reliability and perfectly balanced. NSX is like that but much greater. Get a turbo version and you get ridiculous power to go with all the sexy looks, reliability and handling. Also the rarest car of the group in the states.

pauk
06-25-2012, 08:08 PM
VIPER:
+best stock looks out of these, more exotic look
+performance
+brutal engine sound
-handling
-quality
-comfort

NSX:
+good looks
+performance
+amazing handling
+amazing track racer (probably the fastest streetlegal 280+ hp car ever)
+engine sound
-comfort

SUPRA:
+good looks, not as exotic as Viper tho
+engine sound
+performance
+legendary tuning capability
-turbo lag prone
-handling
-comfort

(who cares about how comfortable these cars are tho)

If you are not gona tune the engine then i vote:

1. NSX
2. Viper
3. Supra

If you are gona tune:

1. Supra
2. Viper
3. NSX

pauk
06-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Some other entertaining similar sport coupes at around similar price range that might interest you:

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
BMW M3
Nissan 350z
Honda S2000
Merc-Benz AMG
Mitsubishi 3000GT
Porsche 911/996/993
Nissan Silvia S15

..and if you dont mind extra doors:

Mitsubishi EVO 8
Subaru Impreza STI
BMW M5

Choose your destiny! :D

nathanjizzle
06-25-2012, 08:44 PM
Some other entertaining similar sport coupes at around similar price range that might interest you:

Nissan Skyline GT-R R34
BMW M3
Nissan 350z
Honda S2000
Merc-Benz AMG
Mitsubishi 3000GT
Porsche 911/996/993
Nissan Silvia S15

..and if you dont mind extra doors:

Mitsubishi EVO 8
Subaru Impreza STI
BMW M5

Choose your destiny! :D

where is he going to find an r34 or an s15?:facepalm

RaininTwos
06-25-2012, 09:44 PM
I'll never forget the fact that this bum had an R34 sitting in his backyard rotting away and wouldn't sell it to me. SMH.

I want one so bad.:cry:

But if I had to choose between the three, it would be the NSX.

blablabla
06-26-2012, 02:38 AM
if you are living in the us you should buy the viper

the nsx is a great car but its rare and the parts are ridiculously expensive and hard to get
have you thought about a corvette ?

n00bie
06-26-2012, 10:35 AM
Really depends what you're trying to accomplish here. Are you planning to take the car to track? Use it as a car to cruise? Make it a highway demon?

NSX would be a great car for track.. and RARE as hell..

Viper would be a perfect car to cruise on a nice sunny day.

Supra would be killing cars on the hwy with 1500whp.

Scholar
06-26-2012, 10:41 AM
I'd go with the NSX. It's the most reliable supercar ever built. I know someone in my town who has over 200k miles on his (I think) '94 NSX and it's still running strong.
The cool thing with the NSX is that all you have to really do is switch out the pop-up headlights with permanent headlights, and it'll make it look like a mid-2000's NSX.

Anyway, I must be honest:
I'd actually go with a C6 Corvette. You can find those for around $30k, more power, just as reliable as any of these other cars, and up-to-date looks. Sure, they're more common than these cars you've listed, but Corvettes are better, imo. There's a reason why people with the money to afford them don't hesitate to do it.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:23 AM
I'd go with the NSX. It's the most reliable supercar ever built. I know someone in my town who has over 200k miles on his (I think) '94 NSX and it's still running strong.
The cool thing with the NSX is that all you have to really do is switch out the pop-up headlights with permanent headlights, and it'll make it look like a mid-2000's NSX.

Anyway, I must be honest:
I'd actually go with a C6 Corvette. You can find those for around $30k, more power, just as reliable as any of these other cars, and up-to-date looks. Sure, they're more common than these cars you've listed, but Corvettes are better, imo. There's a reason why people with the money to afford them don't hesitate to do it.

NSX is a rare supercar and reliable as shit like you said. If I was buying a car like this I'd want something more unique and eye popping like the NSX. I agree though in terms of actual bang for buck C6 is obviously great. What I love about NSX turbo is that if you stay out of boost you can actually get good gas mileage because it's a 6 :D . With the V8's, V10's and V12's you're pretty much ****ed. Trust me... I get 12 MPG mixed in my Trans Am right now and wouldn't wish it on anybody.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
Really depends what you're trying to accomplish here. Are you planning to take the car to track? Use it as a car to cruise? Make it a highway demon?

NSX would be a great car for track.. and RARE as hell..

Viper would be a perfect car to cruise on a nice sunny day.

Supra would be killing cars on the hwy with 1500whp.

When it comes to tuning cars the general rule is higher powered stock cars have more potential. You can build a 1000 whp Viper much cheaper and easier than a Supra.. because you're already 200+ hp closer to the goal. NSX can be had with turbo also so same rule. The Supra is a flat out legend but as I said before it's not in the same class as these supercars.

Viper if you want drag racing, convertible, flashy aggressive looks and max power potential. NSX if you want one of the most brilliantly designed cars of all time and a track car/more suitable daily driver. You guys know Ricky Chu? He's a diehard Clippers fan and contributor for all the import car mags... and has a daily driver NSX. I talk to him on FB often and he's always talking about how great it is.

DaHeezy
06-26-2012, 11:47 AM
Wanna retain value and drive fast and look man-sexy?

Dodge Challanger

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:51 AM
Wanna retain value and drive fast and look man-sexy?

Dodge Challanger

If he's dropping down to that bracket a TT Supra>Challenger man. I think he wants something a tier better.

DaHeezy
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
If he's dropping down to that bracket a TT Supra>Challenger man. I think he wants something a tier better.

His initial need is resale value and looks. I'd rather look manly than be in a nipped out rice rocket

RaininTwos
06-26-2012, 12:01 PM
His initial need is resale value and looks. I'd rather look manly than be in a nipped out rice rocket
:biggums:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5mhykTBcJ1qdg895o1_500.gif

DaHeezy
06-26-2012, 12:04 PM
:biggums:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m5mhykTBcJ1qdg895o1_500.gif

Sorry, not a fan of imports. They're like lululemons. Too unisex. Give me American Muscle

If I had to pick from OP's choices: Viper

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:12 PM

You know what a turbo NSX and Dodge Viper are right? Nothing like "rice rockets".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK88t4OiEDE&feature=related everybody needs to watch this video please...

We are talking about a supercar that comes from Honda that competes with Ferarri and Lamborghini, far from a ricer :facepalm . The Challenger is a very nice car but not even close to the same class. The NSX beats the Challengers ass in every single scenario. More rare, better resale value, faster, better handling, more reliable, better gas mileage. The only thing I can think of favoring something like a Challenger is it's easier to find parts for and repair.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:13 PM
Sorry, not a fan of imports. They're like lululemons. Too unisex. Give me American Muscle

If I had to pick from OP's choices: Viper

Watch this please. 500 whp NSX.... to go with sexy looks, one of best handling chassis of all time and knowing that you have the rarest car in town. Just straight badass. Nothing more masculine or flashy about a Challenger than a boosted NSX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK88t4OiEDE&feature=related

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:17 PM
Wide body NSX.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQuhvlATfk&feature=related

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:19 PM
Supercharged NSX following a 600 HP big turbo NSX. Of course the big turbo>>>supercharger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt7zliExdr0&feature=related

DaHeezy
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM
You know what a turbo NSX and Dodge Viper are right? Nothing like "rice rockets".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK88t4OiEDE&feature=related everybody needs to watch this video please...

We are talking about a supercar that comes from Honda that competes with Ferarri and Lamborghini, far from a ricer :facepalm . The Challenger is a very nice car but not even close to the same class. The NSX beats the Challengers ass in every single scenario. More rare, better resale value, faster, better handling, more reliable, better gas mileage. The only thing I can think of favoring something like a Challenger is it's easier to find parts for and repair.

Yes I do know what those cars are, but my response was that comparing to the Supra. It disgusts me what these "street racers" do to the body of their cars. Fast and The Furious days are over. All that custom paint, silly spoilers, body kits and so on make them look like the auto version of hookers.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:35 PM
Yes I do know what those cars are, but my response was that comparing to the Supra. It disgusts me what these "street racers" do to the body of their cars. Fast and The Furious days are over. All that custom paint, silly spoilers, body kits and so on make them look like the auto version of hookers.

I love Japanese import and I'd never do that shit :facepalm . In fact most of the people who do that here in Southern California are actually Mexican, not Asian. I always take pictures of riced out cars and make fun of them.

Right now I drive this.... but would give anything to have my Honda S2000 back. Such incredible Japanese engineering that car was, much like the NSX but not nearly as good.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556917_169862243145046_397490814_n.jpg

DaHeezy
06-26-2012, 12:46 PM
I love Japanese import and I'd never do that shit :facepalm . In fact most of the people who do that here in Southern California are actually Mexican, not Asian. I always take pictures of riced out cars and make fun of them.

Right now I drive this.... but would give anything to have my Honda S2000 back. Such incredible Japanese engineering that car was, much like the NSX but not nearly as good.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/556917_169862243145046_397490814_n.jpg

Nice, my dad had a Firebird in the 70's, but then switched to chevy. He's had Camaros all his life after that. I've got a Supercharge Cobalt myself. Keeping it Chevy

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:52 PM
Nice, my dad had a Firebird in the 70's, but then switched to chevy. He's had Camaros all his life after that. I've got a Supercharge Cobalt myself. Keeping it Chevy

You have the 04-06 SS Supercharged? I had a Dodge SRT4 for about a year and was looking at the Cobalt too. I've had lots of these cheap, fast cars. I eventually would love something more classy like an NSX though. Cars I've owned before this one...

Honda Civic
Hyundai Tiburon
Dodge SRT4
Honda S2000
Subaru WRX

So as you can tell I get bored easily haha. S2000 was easily best all around car and everytime I see one I miss mine. WRX+SRT4 were both beasts on the straights ( both modded). I love my 91 Trans Am because only 1,000 or so 91 5 speeds, 305's are in existence so it's extremely rare but I don't like the low gas mileage and stock power. It has decent pick up but not even close to what I'm used to with my 300 whp+ cars.

DaHeezy
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
You have the 04-06 SS Supercharged? I had a Dodge SRT4 for about a year and was looking at the Cobalt too. I've had lots of these cheap, fast cars. I eventually would love something more classy like an NSX though. Cars I've owned before this one...

Honda Civic
Hyundai Tiburon
Dodge SRT4
Honda S2000
Subaru WRX

So as you can tell I get bored easily haha. S2000 was easily best all around car and everytime I see one I miss mine. WRX+SRT4 were both beasts on the straights ( both modded). I love my 91 Trans Am because only 1,000 or so 91 5 speeds, 305's are in existence so it's extremely rare but I don't like the low gas mileage and stock power. It has decent pick up but not even close to what I'm used to with my 300 whp+ cars.

Yeah I have an 06 SS Cobalt. I guess that's prolly why I sway towards American muscle. That plus being around Camaros all my life.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:58 PM
Yeah I have an 06 SS Cobalt. I guess that's prolly why I sway towards American muscle. That plus being around Camaros all my life.

I love the masculine feeling of driving my Trans Am haha... and hearing the gurgling and popping from the V8 but I'd trade it for another S2000 without thinking. I miss revving that badboy out to nearly 10k RPM's and screaming passed somebody on the highway :cry: .

chairman
06-26-2012, 01:09 PM

Honda Civic
Hyundai Tiburon
Dodge SRT4
Honda S2000
Subaru WRX

Damn you must love peice of shit ricer cars? Are you 16?

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 01:12 PM
Damn you must love peice of shit ricer cars? Are you 16?

Predictable. Since when is a WRX or an S2000 POS or ricer cars? Or a 350 whp SRT4 running about 18 or 19 pounds of boost? None of them had gay aftermarket spoilers, stickers, body kits etc. Being Japanese=ricer? :oldlol:.

blablabla
06-26-2012, 01:15 PM
I love the masculine feeling of driving my Trans Am haha... and hearing the gurgling and popping from the V8 but I'd trade it for another S2000 without thinking. I miss revving that badboy out to nearly 10k RPM's and screaming passed somebody on the highway :cry: .
why did you sell it then

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 01:26 PM
why did you sell it then

It was a stupid decision. I actually came up on an 01 S2000 with only 2000 miles on it... yes that's not a typo. It was a 70 year old man who owned it and garaged it entire time. Dealer was selling for incredible price of 15k.... let me take it for 2k down... come to find out bank wanted 3k more down and I returned it after about a month because I didn't want to put 5k down.

Worst part? A month later I put 5k down on my 06 WRX :facepalm :facepalm . So basically could have just got the S2000 that was essentially brand new! I still regret it to this day.

n00bie
06-26-2012, 01:55 PM
When it comes to tuning cars the general rule is higher powered stock cars have more potential. You can build a 1000 whp Viper much cheaper and easier than a Supra.. because you're already 200+ hp closer to the goal. NSX can be had with turbo also so same rule. The Supra is a flat out legend but as I said before it's not in the same class as these supercars.

Viper if you want drag racing, convertible, flashy aggressive looks and max power potential. NSX if you want one of the most brilliantly designed cars of all time and a track car/more suitable daily driver. You guys know Ricky Chu? He's a diehard Clippers fan and contributor for all the import car mags... and has a daily driver NSX. I talk to him on FB often and he's always talking about how great it is.

I'm not sure i'd agree with you on this one. The only reason why Supras keep their value is their tuning capabilities. To make it around 800+whp all you would need to do is take out the 2 small twins, and go with a bigger single. You wouldn't even need to build the stock block.

Stock Vipers were not ment for boost. With enough $, you can make anything fast, but it'd cost a lot more to build a 1000whp Viper than a 1000whp Supra imo.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 02:08 PM
I'm not sure i'd agree with you on this one. The only reason why Supras keep their value is their tuning capabilities. To make it around 800+whp all you would need to do is take out the 2 small twins, and go with a bigger single. You wouldn't even need to build the stock block.

Stock Vipers were not ment for boost. With enough $, you can make anything fast, but it'd cost a lot more to build a 1000whp Viper than a 1000whp Supra imo.

Viper doesn't need a turbo. People get them to 1000 HP N/A with built motors. Remember there is no replacement for displacement (besides a big turbo :D ). When you want to mod a car you always start with a better base. BTW you realize ditching a twin for a big single takes fab work? Big turbos alone can run you 7-10k easy as I said earlier. The edge the Supra has over the NSX is torque when building the motor... but the top end of the NSX, the handling, the aerodynamics etc are superior.

Don't get me wrong MK4's are great cars but if he's giving us a choice between that and a Viper or NSX? Not even same class or fair comparison. Two are "supercars" while one is a legendary tuner. He even said he plans to keep it mostly stock. So he's not going to dump in a 10k turbo and all that.

Stock NSX's have hit sub 13 second quarter miles man. TT Supra's clock mid-high 13's. So there is no edge for the Supra for a guy staying mostly stock. It's slower, handles worse, looks worse, is heavier and less agile, isn't as flashy or nice. Like I said completely different animals.

pauk
06-26-2012, 02:17 PM
where is he going to find an r34 or an s15?:facepalm

Hm, didnt know those were so rare in USA.. but they are easy to find in Europe... you could also import, but that is an acquired decision

blablabla
06-26-2012, 02:19 PM
Hm, didnt know those were so rare in USA.. but they are easy to find in Europe... you could also import, but that is an acquired decision
no they are not easy to find

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 02:25 PM

:facepalm I know of somebody that had to pay 80k to import an R34.... not worth it AT ALL DUDE. You're better off buying a TT Supra if you aren't a millionaire who can afford to import a Skyline.

pauk
06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
no they are not easy to find

Not easy to find as in seeing them driving randomly around town? You are right.... they are rare outside Japan, but its NOT hard to find one and buy one... immediately... all you need is cash... I have two friends with Nissan Skyline GT-R R34... they are right steered/wheeled but whatever... Whoever thinks GT-R R34 is hard to BUY in Europe, tell me and ill prove you wrong... i know very many R34 dealers, most are imports...

pauk
06-26-2012, 02:28 PM
:facepalm I know of somebody that had to pay 80k to import an R34.... not worth it AT ALL DUDE. You're better off buying a TT Supra if you aren't a millionaire who can afford to import a Skyline.

You get what you pay for, especially if you are a R34 enthusiast (doesnt cost that much to import tho, hm, depends on very much stuff).. like me... those beasts are not flukes, easily the best performing & entertaining 280 hp street-legal cars out there.... and just like the Supra has legendary engine tuning capability...

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 02:40 PM
You get what you pay for, especially if you are a R34 enthusiast (doesnt cost that much to import tho, hm, depends on very much stuff).. like me... those beasts are not flukes, easily the best performing & entertaining 280 hp street-legal cars out there.... and just like the Supra has legendary engine tuning capability...

I wouldn't say easily. The big difference between the Skyline and the Supra is AWD vs RWD. Both are comparable in pretty much every single way... so why not skip the 50k+ import fee and put that into the car? If you're rich do what you want but for us ISHiots it's not worth it. Besides Rezznor of course who probably already has 5 Skyline's and Supra's :oldlol:

blablabla
06-26-2012, 02:42 PM
Not easy to find as in seeing them driving randomly around town? You are right.... they are rare outside Japan, but its NOT hard to find one and buy one... immediately... all you need is cash... I have two friends with Nissan Skyline GT-R R34... they are lefty's but whatever... Whoever thinks GT-R R34 is hard to find in Europe, tell me and ill prove you wrong... i know very many R34 dealers, most are imports...
there are like 20 r34 in germany and about 10k have been built, but according to you they are super easy to find

Kensta
06-26-2012, 02:44 PM
All Skylines, besides the R35 GTR, are getting impounded and crushed in the US. Even if you import it for $100k and have all the papers, it doesn't matter.

Rameek
06-26-2012, 02:47 PM

clips is spot on with all his comments and suggestions.

you cant import cars into the states without them passing crash inspections and such and considering the states dont have R34's to run those test its not cost effective to import. there are built up R34's etc here already that could be an option. But not for $30k.

I think the NSX is best choice bang for the buck.

The build ups on Skylines and Supra's are not cost effective for the average person.

RaininTwos
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
All Skylines, besides the R35 GTR, are getting impounded and crushed in the US. Even if you import it for $100k and have all the papers, it doesn't matter.
for what?:biggums:

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM

Really? I thought they just had to go through some PITA smog modifications... didn't know even WITH papers they would get smashed :( .

Kensta
06-26-2012, 03:01 PM
for what?:biggums:

Feds are the ones cracking down on them. They even took the R34 from Fast and Furious 4. It has something to do with the car laws. Not passing NHTSB,
DOT, EPA, USCBP.

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2009/10/kaizo-drama-thus-far.html

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 03:02 PM
clips is spot on with all his comments and suggestions.

you cant import cars into the states without them passing crash inspections and such and considering the states dont have R34's to run those test its not cost effective to import. there are built up R34's etc here already that could be an option. But not for $30k.

I think the NSX is best choice bang for the buck.

The build ups on Skylines and Supra's are not cost effective for the average person.

:cheers: thanks. Yea I was trying to tell those guys that the OP wants to stay stock or mostly stock... so obviously a built Supra is out of the question.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Feds are the ones cracking down on them. They even took the R34 from Fast and Furious 4. It has something to do with the car laws. Not passing NHTSB,
DOT, EPA, USCBP.

http://www.gtrusablog.com/2009/10/kaizo-drama-thus-far.html

Holy shit... that's some hardcore conspiracy level shit :wtf: . So crazy.

Kensta
06-26-2012, 03:06 PM
Holy shit... that's some hardcore conspiracy level shit :wtf: . So crazy.

Yeah, nothing you can do about it. Gotta give up the car or get arrested.

Rameek
06-26-2012, 09:28 PM
when i was into cars some years ago basically all imported cars have to be inspected and put through crash test. if i remember correctly if you shipped 1 skyline you had to supply like 4 or more or something like that so they could be tested for front, side, rear, and roll over impact. So having these cars taken and crushed is not shocking at all. I am so suprised they survived this long against the law.

Also, if the vehicles were used in shows it was supposed to be fine but they were not allowed in public streets.

Cowboy Thunder
06-26-2012, 11:02 PM
I don't know what I was doing even making this thread.

I'll probably end up being a puss and getting a GTO or G8 GT (great engine, more common and boring cars).

I really love how these aforementioned cars hold their value though. I really just want a targa/t-top/convert car with a clutch that sticks out from the norm.

300zx twin turbo would be ideal if they weren't so needy. Viper would just be a really dumb move likely. Supra's are all ragged out and hard to find. NSX would be great, but even a new 5.0 would run with one and be brand new.

:confusedshrug: Freaking car decisions. I'm just tired of driving my dime a dozen mustang. :rant

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:04 PM
I don't know what I was doing even making this thread.

I'll probably end up being a puss and getting a GTO or G8 GT (great engine, more common and boring cars).

I really love how these aforementioned cars hold their value though. I really just want a targa/t-top/convert car with a clutch that sticks out from the norm.

300zx twin turbo would be ideal if they weren't so needy. Viper would just be a really dumb move likely. Supra's are all ragged out and hard to find. NSX would be great, but even a new 5.0 would run with one and be brand new.

:confusedshrug: Freaking car decisions. I'm just tired of driving my dime a dozen mustang. :rant

New 5.0 Coyote is a great all around performer but you asked about rare classics with high resale value. I'd still take a low mileage, top notch condition NSX over the new Mustang even though I love it.

Cowboy Thunder
06-26-2012, 11:05 PM
New 5.0 Coyote is a great all around performer but you asked about rare classics with high resale value. I'd still take a low mileage, top notch condition NSX over the new Mustang even though I love it.

werd

Cowboy Thunder
06-26-2012, 11:07 PM
http://media.motortopia.com/files/7982/vehicle/46ce42f617e95/BradsCar.jpg

vs

http://www.nsxprime.com/photopost/data/1273/medium/Copy_4_of_Copy_of_IMG_6158.JPG

:lol

no contest in the looks department

DaHeezy
06-26-2012, 11:33 PM
How the hell do you go from the OP choices to a GTO?

That's like saying should I fVck the hot neighbor or the sexy teacher?

Hmmm... I think I've decided to jack off

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:37 PM
How the hell do you go from the OP choices to a GTO?

That's like saying should I fVck the hot neighbor or the sexy teacher?

Hmmm... I think I've decided to jack off

:oldlol: :applause: . No but seriously.... you'll get MAD attention for an NSX. I'm a flashy type of guy who likes the attention dude so I'd feed on that shit. If you drive an NSX everybody will check you+car out, honk at you, ask questions etc. You'll basically be celeb status. NSX is one of the best looking cars ever. Straight sex on wheels.

RoseCity07
06-26-2012, 11:55 PM
Viper easy.

Scholar
06-27-2012, 12:44 AM

You had an S2K? Pics? I've owned two. Miss both so much. :cry: First was an '07 silverstone, the second was an '08 apex blue CR.

Scholar
06-27-2012, 12:48 AM

I currently own an '09 Cobalt SS turbo coupe. Sick car. I actually gave mine to my wife after she sold her '07 Cobalt LS coupe, and I just daily-ride my '11 Kawasaki Ninja.

Crystallas
06-27-2012, 01:56 AM
I owned a 97 Supra in 98. It was a great car, awesome to drive and look at. But it's like that really hot chick that everyone wants. Everyone begins to affiliate you as her boyfriend instead of yourself, and all she does is get you in trouble.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 02:17 AM
You had an S2K? Pics? I've owned two. Miss both so much. :cry: First was an '07 silverstone, the second was an '08 apex blue CR.

Only had my AP1 for a month! So the few pics I had I never uploaded from phone. I had the silverstone as well (most common color I think). AP1 FTW though. Less torque, more raw driving experience and top end. Only shitty thing about 00-01 was they had the plastic window where it got all scratched and fu**ed up. In 02 they went to the glass window on the vert.

Seems all of us ex S2K owners miss the car every day. Goes to show you how great they are. Not enough power stock... but such an amazing all around work of art and engineering marvel.

Scholar
06-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Only had my AP1 for a month! So the few pics I had I never uploaded from phone. I had the silverstone as well (most common color I think). AP1 FTW though. Less torque, more raw driving experience and top end. Only shitty thing about 00-01 was they had the plastic window where it got all scratched and fu**ed up. In 02 they went to the glass window on the vert.

Seems all of us ex S2K owners miss the car every day. Goes to show you how great they are. Not enough power stock... but such an amazing all around work of art and engineering marvel.

True that. I miss the CR more than the AP2 silverstone because it looked like a ****ing exotic car, but I'd take either one now in a heartbeat.

http://imageftw.com/uploads/20120627/S2000 CR 11-17-2010.jpg

:eek:

blablabla
06-27-2012, 09:59 AM
True that. I miss the CR more than the AP2 silverstone because it looked like a ****ing exotic car, but I'd take either one now in a heartbeat.

i hate s2ks with spoilers

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 11:47 AM
i hate s2ks with spoilers

The CR model (Club Racer) came with a spoiler so it's stock. It came with a racing tuned suspension, race tested spoiler (not for looks), air conditioner delete, hardtop and weight reduction. It's the ultimate track car (that doesn't cost a fortune).

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 11:49 AM

That color is straight sex. I love the new Mustangs in a similar color (but little lighter)

http://images17.fotki.com/v522/photos/6/559186/9549471/IMG_3973-vi.jpg

mmsupra
06-27-2012, 04:13 PM
I go with the Supra :D

Mine I used to have..
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a28/bronx51mm/supra008.jpg

rawimpact
06-27-2012, 09:39 PM
One would be stupid not to choose the dodge viper... that model posted is a the worst version outside of the current... the GTS (?) version is a legend.

The supra is nice, but stock it's out of its league.. the 1999 viper did quarter miles under 12 seconds.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 09:43 PM
One would be stupid not to choose the dodge viper... that model posted is a legend... the GTS (?) version is a legend.

The supra is nice, but stock it's out of its league.. the 1999 viper did quarter miles under 12 seconds.

He wants a daily driver. Not practical at all. With NSX he can still run in the 12's stock (depending on if turbo or not) AND have better handling, reliability, gas mileage and IMO looks. Both are sexy but I think NSX>Viper in looks department.

Scholar
06-28-2012, 02:36 AM
The CR model (Club Racer) came with a spoiler so it's stock. It came with a racing tuned suspension, race tested spoiler (not for looks), air conditioner delete, hardtop and weight reduction. It's the ultimate track car (that doesn't cost a fortune).

I got mine with the air conditioner in it.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2012, 02:46 AM
I got mine with the air conditioner in it.

You have to pay extra for that :oldlol: . Not kidding either.

Nanners
06-28-2012, 03:11 AM
If I had to choose between one of these 3 cars, I would go with the Supra. There is just something about the Supra that would be like buying an old work of art, a piece of history. I guess the NSX and Viper are pieces of history as well, but the last Toyota Supra was built a decade ago.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2012, 03:15 AM
If I had to choose between one of these 3 cars, I would go with the Supra. There is just something about the Supra that would be like buying an old work of art, a piece of history. I guess the NSX and Viper are pieces of history as well, but the last Toyota Supra was built a decade ago.

Supra production ended 3 years earlier than the NSX... not exactly a big difference :confusedshrug:

bdreason
06-28-2012, 03:29 AM
NSX fo sho.

rawimpact
06-28-2012, 03:42 AM

That basic body design for the viper was designed in like 1990... over two decades ago...

rawimpact
06-28-2012, 03:45 AM
He wants a daily driver. Not practical at all. With NSX he can still run in the 12's stock (depending on if turbo or not) AND have better handling, reliability, gas mileage and IMO looks. Both are sexy but I think NSX>Viper in looks department.

Have you seen or driven a viper? They look like supercars in person... it's amazing how wide it is. As for handling, please... these cars are more than capable of making turns on the regular streets.

I still don't see how the NSX is better looking to some... the viper is very unique in its style.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Draginline_waiting.jpg/250px-Draginline_waiting.jpg

http://www.vipertrader.com/medium/9184_1219362620.jpg

blablabla
06-28-2012, 04:48 AM
the car looks so much better without a spoiler tho

LBJDW305
06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
I'm actually trying to get into a Viper or c6 zo6...Leaning more towards the vette at this point.

Scholar
06-28-2012, 10:28 AM
I've driven an '08 Viper SRT-10 before. Even though I didn't drive it very fast, it's still one of the best cars I've ever driven.

The only car I've driven that I'd take over the Viper would be the Lotus Elise SC. It's not anywhere near as fast as the Viper, but it gets better gas mileage (by quite a bit; damn near 23/30 city/highway respectively) and looks more exotic.

LBJDW305
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
I've driven an '08 Viper SRT-10 before. Even though I didn't drive it very fast, it's still one of the best cars I've ever driven.

The only car I've driven that I'd take over the Viper would be the Lotus Elise SC. It's not anywhere near as fast as the Viper, but it gets better gas mileage (by quite a bit; damn near 23/30 city/highway respectively) and looks more exotic.

A lotus Elise...naw man I hope your kidding. Who cares about gas mileage if it's not a daily driver anyways?

chairman
06-28-2012, 11:20 AM
A lotus Elise...naw man I hope your kidding. Who cares about gas mileage if it's not a daily driver anyways?
Get a Viper

LBJDW305
06-28-2012, 12:00 PM
Get a Viper

I'm waiting till summer ends. I just got a nice loaded 09 750li low miled and under warranty for a steal so I'm driving it for a bit. Going to be hard going back to 2 doors and smell of gas with the windows down.

chairman
06-28-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm waiting till summer ends. I just got a nice loaded 09 750li low miled and under warranty for a steal so I'm driving it for a bit. Going to be hard going back to 2 doors and smell of gas with the windows down.
What do you consider a steal? My brother got that same car for a steal as well, low mileage and extended warranty fully loaded. Nice car but it's a freaking boat

LBJDW305
06-28-2012, 12:55 PM
What do you consider a steal? My brother got that same car for a steal as well, low mileage and extended warranty fully loaded. Nice car but it's a freaking boat

Im paying 53 OTD. But the car is loaded and on the highway is actually fun to drive. Car is faster then my boys 335i with a couple things done to it. Back seats you can stretch your feet out.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2012, 12:56 PM
Have you seen or driven a viper? They look like supercars in person... it's amazing how wide it is. As for handling, please... these cars are more than capable of making turns on the regular streets.

I still don't see how the NSX is better looking to some... the viper is very unique in its style.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/1/15/Draginline_waiting.jpg/250px-Draginline_waiting.jpg

http://www.vipertrader.com/medium/9184_1219362620.jpg

I labeled it a supercar and agree it has great handling, just not as good as the NSX which is one of the best track cars of all time. At least not the R/T model we discussed. Viper= less practical street car/daily driver than NSX though dude. Didn't say handling is shit and you'll crash it into a pole :oldlol: .

chairman
06-28-2012, 01:09 PM
Im paying 53 OTD. But the car is loaded and on the highway is actually fun to drive. Car is faster then my boys 335i with a couple things done to it. Back seats you can stretch your feet out.
If you chipped the 335i it would turn into a monster, my other bro has a 335 and is looking to go that route. I had a 08 535i but decided it wasn't for me (car is a boat can't imagine driving a 7) went with a 07 s4

Kensta
06-28-2012, 01:24 PM
If you chipped the 335i it would turn into a monster, my other bro has a 335 and is looking to go that route. I had a 08 535i but decided it wasn't for me (car is a boat can't imagine driving a 7) went with a 07 s4

+1. With a simple tune you can pick up 30-50hp easily.

Clippersfan86
06-28-2012, 01:58 PM
You guys new to turbos? Chips/tune ALWAYS produce big results with a turbo. My buddy did a road tune for me on my 06 WRX and I gained 70 hp/40 tq with only mods at that time being a turboback exhaust and SRI. Just lean it out and increase PSI a bit.

That's one reason I strongly prefer turbo over NA... Could be weakest turbo car ever but turboback exhaust+intake+tune will give a huge boost in power always. Only spent 500 for exhaust, 200 for intake too! He charged me 100 for tune. Bad news is.... Due to power increase and having to do runs to dyno the results... I burned my clutch to a crisp on the spot. The stock clutch couldn't handle the numbers I was now putting down which was something like 270 whp and 320 wtq. So I had to go buy a racing clutch. Not a bad thing though because with racing clutch I could launch all day and never even wear it down.

chairman
06-28-2012, 03:12 PM
You guys new to turbos? Chips/tune ALWAYS produce big results with a turbo. My buddy did a road tune for me on my 06 WRX and I gained 70 hp/40 tq with only mods at that time being a turboback exhaust and SRI. Just lean it out and increase PSI a bit.

That's one reason I strongly prefer turbo over NA... Could be weakest turbo car ever but turboback exhaust+intake+tune will give a huge boost in power always. Only spent 500 for exhaust, 200 for intake too! He charged me 100 for tune. Bad news is.... Due to power increase and having to do runs to dyno the results... I burned my clutch to a crisp on the spot. The stock clutch couldn't handle the numbers I was now putting down which was something like 270 whp and 320 wtq. So I had to go buy a racing clutch. Not a bad thing though because with racing clutch I could launch all day and never even wear it down.
The BMW 335 can get 80hp just off a $400 tune

Axe
04-29-2021, 10:54 PM
The new supra is overpriced for what it is while the current nsx was not solely designed by the japanese.

So the viper takes the cake but sadly, they retired the nameplate years ago.

Draz
04-30-2021, 12:47 AM
100% NSX

NSX
Supra
Viper

The NSX was the Lamborghini of its time. The supra is dope. The Viper will try to kill you.

TheCorporation
04-30-2021, 12:53 AM
The new supra is overpriced for what it is while the current nsx was not solely designed by the japanese.

So the viper takes the cake but sadly, they retired the nameplate years ago.

A 2012 bump, slick?

Axe
04-30-2021, 01:00 AM
A 2012 bump, slick?
Much better than bumping threads about baldan, slick. 😘

n00bie
04-30-2021, 01:54 PM
My Supra is 26 years old and it's STILL the most reliable car I own.

Toyota engineering in the 90s was something else.