PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Anthony: 9 NBA Seasons and Zero Noteworthy Achievements

SilkkTheShocker
06-25-2012, 10:11 PM
Discuss.

StateOfMind12
06-25-2012, 10:12 PM
Kevin Durant is what Carmelo Anthony was suppose to be which is LeBron James' rival. Melo was almost never worthy of being LeBron's rival after their 2nd season in the league. Melo is an underachiever whether people want to accept that notion or not but it doesn't mean he's a bad player because he's not. He just could have and should have done more with that talent he possesses.

SilkkTheShocker
06-25-2012, 10:15 PM
Kevin Durant is what Carmelo Anthony was suppose to be which is LeBron James' rival. Melo was almost never worthy of being LeBron's rival after their 2nd season in the league. Melo is an underachiever whether people want to accept that notion or not but it doesn't mean he's a bad player because he's not. He just could have and should have done more with that talent he possesses.

Agreed. The guy just has no fire to defend or be a leader. I don't care who he played, 8 first round exits is friggin terrible.

Kurosawa0
06-25-2012, 10:18 PM
The fact that a guy with all that scoring talent has never averaged 30 a game, tells you all you need to know.

SilkkTheShocker
06-25-2012, 10:19 PM
The fact that a guy with all that scoring talent has never averaged 30 a game, tells you all you need to know.

Exactly. Durant already has three. And Lebron even has one.

AK47DR91
06-25-2012, 10:19 PM
What is there to discuss? He's just a good scorer with many holes in his game.

Can't defend, can't be a leader, lazy and fat, cancerous to his coaches and teammates.

NumberSix
06-25-2012, 10:22 PM
Bosh > Melo

kells333
06-25-2012, 10:25 PM
Bosh > Melo

Slow down there cowboy

L.Kizzle
06-25-2012, 10:26 PM
Slow down there cowboy
I actually agree. Bosh has more All-Star appearances with them being drafted the same year, lol.

rule1223
06-25-2012, 10:29 PM
he a lazy bum, we all saw what hes capable of when hes motivated as he was at the end of the regular season this year

CelticBaller
06-25-2012, 10:32 PM
I used to be fan a fan but the guy just gave up after that ECFs, he's the next mcgrady( a bum who wont get out of the 1st round)

NumberSix
06-25-2012, 10:34 PM
Carmelo is absolute fraud. This dude is a role player. He's all hype, no game. He's not even on Jason Terry's level.

Ikill
06-25-2012, 11:17 PM
your a dickrider homie like i said hundred times before no one likes dickriders there gay ass ****** they deserve no respect. Your just like Pauk stop trying to hide the fact your a dickrider

bagelred
06-25-2012, 11:19 PM

Exactly!!!:rockon: He's an unselfish player getting teammates involved. :cheers:

jlauber
06-25-2012, 11:20 PM
I have to agree. Carmelo's career has hardly been spectacular. And the reality is, a great player will usually display GREATNESS much earlier in their careers, too. So, there is a good chance that Melo will finish his career as either a relative bust, or a sidekick to a greater player.

D.J.
06-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Carmelo Anthony's career has been a huge disappointment. He puts up numbers and he is a very good player, but he just doesn't get it done. And don't compare him with McGrady. McGrady had god awful teammates and he did everything possible to get by with what he had. Melo has had very good teammates(he had Allen Iverson at the tail end of his prime for 2 seasons) and has been past round 1 only once.

Sarcastic
06-25-2012, 11:28 PM
Melo was in a bad situation, on a historically bad franchise, that he basically turned the entire culture around for.
Historically the Nuggets were a far worse team than the Cavs.

Olajuwon didn't get his first noteworthy achievement until his 9th year, and he was 30 at the time. It's not like Melo is out of time to start getting achievements.

jalbert009
06-25-2012, 11:29 PM
Melo<The Truth! :rockon:

jlauber
06-25-2012, 11:31 PM
Melo was in a bad situation, on a historically bad franchise, that he basically turned the entire culture around for.

Olajuwon didn't get his first noteworthy achievement until his 9th year, and he was 30 at the time. It's not like Melo is out of time to start getting achievements.

I generally agree with 99% of your posts, but I tend to disagree with this one. Hakeem demonstrated some early career greatness in the '86 playoffs.

Meanwhile, Melo has basically been a good, but not great, player his entire career. I just haven't seen anything to change my mind on him, either.

ChrisPosh
06-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I still have faith in Melo. I really think next season, assuming New York have a healthy roster, the Melo-led Knicks will be a contender making it to the ECF.

Sarcastic
06-25-2012, 11:33 PM
I generally agree with 99% of your posts, but I tend to disagree with this one. Hakeem demonstrated some early career greatness in the '86 playoffs.

Meanwhile, Melo has basically been a good, but not great, player his entire career. I just haven't seen anything to change my mind on him, either.

Olajuwon joined a much better team than the Nuggets were when they got Melo. Ralph Sampson >>> anyone Melo played with in Denver.

Sarcastic
06-25-2012, 11:36 PM
Nuggets didn't make the playoffs for 8 consecutive years before Melo got there. As soon as he got drafted, they made the playoffs every single year. Do you think that was Camby and Andre Miller that was carrying that team?

jlauber
06-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Olajuwon joined a much better team than the Nuggets were when they got Melo. Ralph Sampson >>> anyone Melo played with in Denver.

Good point.

:cheers:

NuggetsFan
06-26-2012, 12:16 AM

Seriously f*ck off with this shit. Your always saying shit like this and than when people debunk it you either change the subject or just move on to saying it in another thread. What does Denver drafting badly pre Melo have to do with anything? Denver turned a team that was AWFUL filled with scrubs into a playoff team with Melo. They got Boykins. They got K-Mart. They got Melo. They got Andre Miller. Traded for Allen Iverson who had one of his most efficient seasons while in Denver. When he started to decline they moved him for Chauncey Billups. They picked up Lawson and AA late in the draft. While I feel like Camby was extremely overrated defensively he won the DPOTY with Denver while playing with Carmelo.

A) The West was ridiculous. Denver would build a 50 win team and have to be the 8th seed and face really tough teams. Whenever they did get easier teams they had bad luck with injuries or that one series vs the Jazz Karl was sick.

B) Carmelo has shot below 40% in almost half of his playoff series. It's not like he ever carried Denver in the playoffs. He generally had some bad playoff series himself. Simply not the kinda player that will thrust a team over the hump. He's not LeBron.

I will say Melo did turn around Denver. He was our franchise player and got us back into the playoffs. Than he forced a trade which stacked us with assets and helped build this Denver team for the future.

NuggetsFan
06-26-2012, 12:19 AM
Nuggets didn't make the playoffs for 8 consecutive years before Melo got there. As soon as he got drafted, they made the playoffs every single year. Do you think that was Camby and Andre Miller that was carrying that team?

No but alot of people considered Iverson the better player when Melo played with him. At the very least it was a 1a\1b situation. Got to the play with a defensive player of the year. Andre Miller is a solid PG. Chauncey was an All-Star. J.R Smith a 6th man candidate. Nene\Lawson\AA\ and even LK was a solid role player for a few years.

Hell when Melo carried that team to the playoffs his rookie year when they got there he was their 3rd leading scorer on like below 40% shooting :oldlol:

NumberSix
06-26-2012, 12:21 AM
Carmelo is a bust

JellyBean
06-26-2012, 12:28 AM
Man this is a tough room. I think Melo has some pretty cool achievements.
1. 5x All-Star
2. 5x All NBA
3. NCAA champion
4. Helped to turn around the Nuggets. Until he got to Denver, they were a joke.
5. All-Star MVP in 3rd year in the league.
6. Married La-La and they have been together 8-9 years without him cheating on her. That is a nice achievement.

I think that Melo has had a decent career so far. I he really elevated his game for the Olympics. Heck I think that his game is perfect for the Olympics. But I think that Melo has some decent achievements to be proud of.

NumberSix
06-26-2012, 12:38 AM
Man this is a tough room. I think Melo has some pretty cool achievements.
1. 5x All-Star
2. 5x All NBA
3. NCAA champion
4. Helped to turn around the Nuggets. Until he got to Denver, they were a joke.
5. All-Star MVP in 3rd year in the league.
6. Married La-La and they have been together 8-9 years without him cheating on her. That is a nice achievement.

I think that Melo has had a decent career so far. I he really elevated his game for the Olympics. Heck I think that his game is perfect for the Olympics. But I think that Melo has some decent achievements to be proud of.
Melo has had a fantastic career so far if you judge him by what he is.

But, when you start trying to put him into a category he doesn't belong in, he falls extremely short. People tried to say he was LeBron's competition. He's not. People say he's the best scorer in the league. Never won a scoring title. He's a good player when you judge him appropriately.

NugzFan
06-26-2012, 12:41 AM

:oldlol: knick fans...

thank god the mighty new york knicks saved melo from the awful nuggets! :bowdown:

LamarOdom
06-26-2012, 12:42 AM
What is there to discuss? He's just a good scorer with many holes in his game.

Can't defend, can't be a leader, lazy and fat, cancerous to his coaches and teammates.

Says who? every damn teammate he plays with like him.

NumberSix
06-26-2012, 12:43 AM
:oldlol: knick fans...

thank god the mighty new york knicks saved melo from the awful nuggets! :bowdown:
Melo is a good respectable player, as long as you don't pretend that he's one of the elite or 2nd tier players.

NugzFan
06-26-2012, 01:01 AM
Melo is a good respectable player, as long as you don't pretend that he's one of the elite or 2nd tier players.

ok i'll stop pretending.

ClutchOver9000
06-26-2012, 02:15 AM
ISH - where ripping on Melo is the "in" thing to do :bowdown:

gotta love it

sipitri
06-26-2012, 06:00 AM
He has the worst playoff win percentage ever. Still better than nothing.

Rnbizzle
06-26-2012, 06:06 AM
Once they figure out that roster in NY you guys will switch on him so fast.. And pretend threads like these never happened. Melo is an extremely gifted scorer and big shot maker. He's not your best defender or passer but he can help your team win, alot. Amar'e has not been playing will at all since when he first signed with the Knicks, who does that leave on that Knicks team to be a legit 2nd or even 3rd option? You guys are ridiculous.

Human Error
06-26-2012, 06:30 AM
Bosh > Melo
This.

iDunk
06-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Is this the weekly Melo bashing thread? Move along kids..

ihoopallday
06-26-2012, 07:15 AM
I think Melo still has a while to have more achievements. Dudes a flat out score and his basketball IQ will only grow. He doesn't depend too much on athleticism so his shot will be there when he's older. Lol but let's be honest, dude always runs into juggernaut teams in the playoffs.

LJJ
06-26-2012, 07:41 AM
http://i.imgur.com/sqhkA.gif

niko
06-26-2012, 08:01 AM
No but alot of people considered Iverson the better player when Melo played with him. At the very least it was a 1a\1b situation. Got to the play with a defensive player of the year. Andre Miller is a solid PG. Chauncey was an All-Star. J.R Smith a 6th man candidate. Nene\Lawson\AA\ and even LK was a solid role player for a few years.

Hell when Melo carried that team to the playoffs his rookie year when they got there he was their 3rd leading scorer on like below 40% shooting :oldlol:
Seriously? That strikes me a bit revisionist. This was the beginning of the "ship Iverson out" tour that went from team to team. IVerson better than what he replaced? YES. Better than Melo? I don't quite recall that.

kurple
06-26-2012, 08:06 AM
Melo was in a bad situation, on a historically bad franchise,
no need to go there

that's BS

what does history have to do with anything? he had more than good enough teammates in Denver.

i was starting to feel sorry for melo. i guess i do.. but i still want the knicks to suck just to shut you idiots up. i'm actually amazed you havent shut up yet

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 08:30 AM
I actually agree. Bosh has more All-Star appearances with them being drafted the same year, lol.
That is my surprising statistic of the day. Not that I don't trust your word, but I had to look this statistic up myself just to believe it. Seven Bosh All-Star appearances to Carmelo Anthony's five. Though, if my memory serves correctly, I seem to remember Anthony watching from the sidelines a few years early on when he clearly could have been selected.

Also, I liked his 33 points-in-a-single-quarter run. I found that achievement quite noteworthy.

Bosnian Sajo
06-26-2012, 08:51 AM
Bosh > Melo

Melo was a beast for the Nuggets, he is an absolute idiot for leaving the team. They really did have a decent group of guys and management was bringing more and more guys every year, its not like how it was for Bron in Cleveland where they only brought in mediocre guys. Hes an idiot for leaving.

Bosh and Melo arent really comparable anymore since Bosh is his teams 3rd option while Melo is his teams 1st option.

2LeTTeRS
06-26-2012, 09:29 AM
Melo was a beast for the Nuggets, he is an absolute idiot for leaving the team. They really did have a decent group of guys and management was bringing more and more guys every year, its not like how it was for Bron in Cleveland where they only brought in mediocre guys. Hes an idiot for leaving.

At the point when Melo left, the Nugget team was not that good. Core veterans like Billups, Nene and Kenyon Martin were aging rapidly while the only young players that were in the rotation were Lawson, JR Smith, and Afflalo.

I'd say the team he's on now is much more talented than the one he left, while Denver is much better off as well post-trade. This deal was truly the rare trade that actually turns out to be a win-win.

JellyBean
06-26-2012, 09:43 AM
Melo has had a fantastic career so far if you judge him by what he is.

But, when you start trying to put him into a category he doesn't belong in, he falls extremely short. People tried to say he was LeBron's competition. He's not. People say he's the best scorer in the league. Never won a scoring title. He's a good player when you judge him appropriately.

Good points. Melo should be judge properly and I think that he has done well. I just don't see how folks can call him a bust or say he has not accomplished any achievements.

swi7ch
06-26-2012, 09:49 AM
His nickname explains everything, really---The Cancer.

Look how poorly DEN has performed since he left... oh, wait!!!

Chrono90
06-26-2012, 10:03 AM
One thing explains it all: Lack of improvement.

What has he improved in the last 5 years in his game???? I can't really see any.

LBJDW305
06-26-2012, 10:13 AM
Is this the weekly Melo bashing thread? Move along kids..

Lol at this guy making a grand appearance again after predicting the heat lose to the knicks

Sarcastic
06-26-2012, 10:42 AM
Good points. Melo should be judge properly and I think that he has done well. I just don't see how folks can call him a bust or say he has not accomplished any achievements.

It's because they have Lebron's cack shoved so far up their anus, that it comes out their mouth, and they have to spew hatred for anyone they deem as a threat to their beloved demigod.

KingBeasley08
06-26-2012, 10:56 AM
It's because they have Lebron's cack shoved so far up their anus, that it comes out their mouth, and they have to spew hatred for anyone they deem as a threat to their beloved demigod.
It's constructive criticism IMO. Durant is far more of a "threat" and I very much respect and like his game

Sarcastic
06-26-2012, 11:02 AM
It's constructive criticism IMO. Durant is far more of a "threat" and I very much respect and like his game

And he gets quite a few hate threads too.

SilkkTheShocker
06-26-2012, 11:09 AM

Don't flatter yourself. :oldlol:

Sarcastic
06-26-2012, 11:13 AM

That's the only part of my post you deny :roll:

RRR3
06-26-2012, 12:00 PM
Rofl melo is no threat to anyone let alone lebron. If u pay attention lebron Stans worry about durant not melo since durant is actually able to give lebron a challenge.

NugzFan
06-26-2012, 01:20 PM
no need to go there

that's BS

what does history have to do with anything? he had more than good enough teammates in Denver.

i was starting to feel sorry for melo. i guess i do.. but i still want the knicks to suck just to shut you idiots up. i'm actually amazed you havent shut up yet

why? he brought it all on himself.

besides, he has EXACTLY what he wants - new york city, wife is "famous", all the paparazzi, the fame, the lights, gets to be on sesame street - what else would he even need?

D.J.
06-26-2012, 01:23 PM
he had more than good enough teammates in Denver.

And this is what it comes down to. Melo didn't play on a team where the best players after him were Jacque Vaughn, Pat Garrity, Andrew DeClercq, a young Mike Miller, and Shawn Kemp.

ClutchOver9000
06-26-2012, 02:33 PM

^^ :roll: disagrees on the 'threat' part yet doesn't deny the "lebron's d!ck shoved up your a$$" part.

at least you're honest...lol.

RRR3
06-26-2012, 02:37 PM
And this is what it comes down to. Melo didn't play on a team where the best players after him were Jacque Vaughn, Pat Garrity, Andrew DeClercq, a young Mike Miller, and Shawn Kemp.
T-macs short prime was wasted :(
Peak tmac was at a level melo has never come close to

D.J.
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Peak tmac was at a level melo has never come close to

As good as Carmelo is, he has never been considered the best player in the league or a possible MVP at any point in his career.

RRR3
06-26-2012, 02:44 PM
As good as Carmelo is, he has never been considered the best player in the league or a possible MVP at any point in his career.
Agreed. Tmacs career turned out really tragically IMO. Still my favorite player and always will be tho :D

EnoughSaid
06-26-2012, 02:48 PM
Carmelo Anthony needs a dominant INSIDE bigman that he could be Option 1A, and 1B with.

NuggetsFan
06-26-2012, 04:44 PM
Seriously? That strikes me a bit revisionist. This was the beginning of the "ship Iverson out" tour that went from team to team. IVerson better than what he replaced? YES. Better than Melo? I don't quite recall that.

Not at all. I have a dog named Iverson because of that trade. Other Nugget fans can vouch that Nuggets forums were FILLED with A.I fans saying he was the best on the team. Dude was extremely popular. Statistically there were pretty eye for eye except Iverson gambled in the lanes. Do people seriously forget the Iverson that was in Denver? I would agree that he wasn't better. They were pretty much as even as you get except Iverson was slowly fading away while Melo was alot younger.

I actually don't hate Melo. He constantly gets the shitty end of the stick. Didn't get the same hype as LeBron\Wade after his rookie year. Always ends up facing hard teams. His teammates due for whatever reason seem to get hurt. Just don't understand why NY fans need to continue to put Denver down. They put more talent around him than NY has. He has noone to blame but himself for his efforts in the playoffs. It's not like he's carrying teams and it's all on his teammates. Dude's shot below 40% in almost half his playoffs outings. Sure difficulty of teams he's facing is one thing, but come on.