PDA

View Full Version : NBA 2K13 Cover

Apogee
06-26-2012, 10:30 AM
http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/s720x720/522143_10150925292821359_2122467757_n.jpg

Would you keep the cover the same? Who deserves to be on the cover and who deserves to be taken off? Apparently its themed "new dynasty". I think everyone deserves to be there except blake just because i don't like him at all.

stallionaire
06-26-2012, 10:37 AM
SMH Should be Kevin Love / Durant / Rose

stax
06-26-2012, 10:37 AM
Where did Durant get that lifesize Derrick Rose puppet?

Alamo
06-26-2012, 10:39 AM
Blake Griffin, Kevin Durant, and Derrick Rose? I hope that's not the real cover, it doesn't look right. Too many people on one cover.

But hey, at least it's not Jeremy Lin

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 10:40 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ball-dont-lie/nba-2k13-cover-athletes-blake-griffin-kevin-durant-113859069--nba.html

Would you keep the cover the same? Who deserves to be on the cover and who deserves to be taken off? Apparently its themed "new dynasty". I think everyone deserves to be there except blake just because i don't like him at all.
I totally understand what you meant by what you said, but the phrasing behind, "I think everyone deserves to be there except blake just because i don't like him at all" came off sort of funny, as if your not liking him alone was reason enough for Blake to not deserve to grace the cover of a video game.

Anyway, I like the cover. Everyone will say the cover does not matter in the scheme of things and really, that's quite true, but it's still interesting to me regardless. I really liked the retro covers they've had the last two years but logically I fully understand why it'd be time to return to current guys. I'm cool with that as long as classic players, teams, jerseys and courts are not removed from the game itself. If it weren't for the classics, I'd have probably been finished with 2K12 in January.

HylianNightmare
06-26-2012, 10:45 AM
hopefully it's rose

LBJDW305
06-26-2012, 10:47 AM
Worst cover of all time

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 10:48 AM
The cover (for those who opt not to click the link):

http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnbaexperts/2K62612.jpg

Rnbizzle
06-26-2012, 10:48 AM
I feel like Griffin is out of place there.

J-Futuristic
06-26-2012, 10:49 AM
It sucks :sleeping

T-Time3
06-26-2012, 11:07 AM
SMH
they lost creativity

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:09 AM
These guys have all been considered the face of the future but Griffin doesn't belong lol? Still agree it's a boring ass cover.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 11:17 AM
These guys have all been considered the face of the future but Griffin doesn't belong lol? Still agree it's a boring ass cover.
Yeah, regardless of whether his skills are truly elite, there's no doubt Griffin's an all-star who elicits a supreme amount of attention and excitement out a lot of basketball fans. It'd be like having an NBA Live '95 Cover of Shaquille O'Neal, Scottie Pippen, and Shawn Kemp. Was Kemp on the level of Pippen and O'Neal? I'd say likely not. But there'd still be ample enough reason for his appearance.

Apogee
06-26-2012, 11:27 AM
The way they went about designing the cover itself also sucks. Shit looks boring and doesn't make we want to play it. All have the same pose and look stagnant. Where as 2K12 had crazy shit going and all where in different poses.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:29 AM
Yeah, regardless of whether his skills are truly elite, there's no doubt Griffin's an all-star who elicits a supreme amount of attention and excitement out a lot of basketball fans. It'd be like having an NBA Live '95 Cover of Shaquille O'Neal, Scottie Pippen, and Shawn Kemp. Was Kemp on the level of Pippen and O'Neal? I'd say likely not. But there'd still be ample enough reason for his appearance.

Correct. Although the gap between these players isn't as big as people are acting like (especially between Rose and Griffin, Durant is ahead). Griffin is going into his 3rd season though which is usually the breakout year for superstars so let's see how close he can get. Either way great example.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 11:30 AM
The way they went about designing the cover itself also sucks. Shit looks boring and doesn't make we want to play it. All have the same pose and look stagnant. Where as 2K12 had crazy shit going and all where in different poses.

:roll: I promised myself if Griffin was on a cover I'd buy it because no Clipper has ever been on a video game cover but like you said it's so fu**ing bland and lame.... I feel no obligation to do so. Like seriously this looks like it took fu**ing 2 minutes to think of.

RaininTwos
06-26-2012, 11:31 AM
Shouldn't it be Lebron? Does he not want the cover?

LAClipsFan33
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
Looks garbage

Derrick
06-26-2012, 11:36 AM
:roll: I promised myself if Griffin was on a cover I'd buy it because no Clipper has ever been on a video game cover but like you said it's so fu**ing bland and lame.... I feel no obligation to do so. Like seriously this looks like it took fu**ing 2 minutes to think of.
worst cover ever i coulda made a better one on photoshop

NBA4EVER
06-26-2012, 11:37 AM
There's going to be a ton of custom covers made. It doesn't look that hard too create. Expect a lot of LeBron and Kobe covers

Snoop_Cat
06-26-2012, 11:43 AM
Terrible cover. The 3 smaller figures instead of one star looks super odd.

I kind of liked the MJ cover, maybe they could explore a Bird-Magic combo cover.

NBA4EVER
06-26-2012, 11:50 AM
Terrible cover. The 3 smaller figures instead of one star looks super odd.

I kind of liked the MJ cover, maybe they could explore a Bird-Magic combo cover.

They did that last year. Only thing I liked about this years cover is that they went back to current stars instead of legends

TheBigVeto
06-26-2012, 11:54 AM
****ing hell, it's not Jeremy Lin so it sucks and not worth buying.

nightprowler10
06-26-2012, 11:58 AM
Shouldn't it be Lebron? Does he not want the cover?
Yeah I remember hearing years back that it has something to do with him protecting his brand.

nightprowler10
06-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Correct. Although the gap between these players isn't as big as people are acting like (especially between Rose and Griffin, Durant is ahead). Griffin is going into his 3rd season though which is usually the breakout year for superstars so let's see how close he can get. Either way great example.
While I disagree with you about Rose and BG, I don't think anyone is talking about that. You've got a guy who was an MVP last year and a 3x scoring leader. What's Blake achieved besides get hyped up?

I've got nothing against him, and this is not a criticism at all, but people aren't arguing what you think they are.

No Name
06-26-2012, 12:04 PM
griffin :facepalm

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 12:06 PM
While I disagree with you about Rose and BG, I don't think anyone is talking about that. You've got a guy who was an MVP last year and a 3x scoring leader. What's Blake achieved besides get hyped up?

I've got nothing against him, and this is not a criticism at all, but people aren't arguing what you think they are.
Well if I had to guess, the cover to a video game whose goal is to draw as many people in as possible, is likely going to attempt to appeal to as many folks as possible. Cover art is superficial, but I'm sure in some way, it can affect sales one way or another. And whether people find it warranted or not, Blake Griffin is a popular NBA player and his spectacular plays elicits excitement from fans of all ages. As such, I believe that's how he fits into this picture. This is not NBA 2K attempting to rank player's abilities. It's NBA 2K trying to move units by coming to reasonable contract agreements with some of the most marketable cover athletes they could come across.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:23 PM

Sure but from a marketing standpoint ALL of these guys are considered the "future" of the NBA. Last year people were making threads about which player you'd build around etc so to say Griffin doesn't belong in the discussion is off. Neither Rose nor Durant played 2 all star games in their first two years. Griffin is going into his 3rd year while Rose is going into his 5th and Durant his 6th so give him time. So yes he doesn't have an MVP or 3 scoring championships but he's also been in the league less time.

2K's point was "FUTURE" when posting all 3 and had nothing to do with accolades. Besides as Rake said he's an exciting, well known, marketable player and THE Human Highlight Reel right now... so of course he would find himself on a cover.

nightprowler10
06-26-2012, 12:29 PM
Yeah, again, I don't have a problem with him on the cover, I just felt the discussion going towards Rose vs BG when that has nothing to do with what people were saying. I think it makes perfect sense to have him on the cover.

DuMa
06-26-2012, 12:30 PM
its just a cover. didnt know the cover determined how the game played or how the overall product is going to be determined. dont judge a game by its cover

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
Yeah, again, I don't have a problem with him on the cover, I just felt the discussion going towards Rose vs BG when that has nothing to do with what people were saying. I think it makes perfect sense to have him on the cover.

Think of it from my perspective. Everything BG gets his way like all star appearances, All NBA 2nd team, dunk contest win, now 2K cover all everybody does is criticize him about how he doesn't deserve any of it. I see how hard he works as a fan and it puts me on the defensive. People genuinely want to see this guy fail.

DStebb716
06-26-2012, 12:52 PM
I thought that they just revealed that photo to show those are the three cover guys. Is that the legit cover? It can't be. That's terrible.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 12:55 PM
its just a cover. didnt know the cover determined how the game played or how the overall product is going to be determined. dont judge a game by its cover

http://i56.tinypic.com/1zg7uw8.jpg

lilgodfather1
06-26-2012, 12:57 PM
Should have been the GOAT3-Wade.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 01:04 PM

Not the real cover.... :eek:

livingby3's
06-26-2012, 01:05 PM
they probably want to feature the ROYs instead of legends to signify a change of eras, and i got no problem with Durant and Rose, but **** Griffin. Durant and Rose has the raw talents, right attitude and the intangibles, Griffin is miles behind, all flash and flops

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:16 PM
Not the real cover.... :eek:
I don't necessarily want to say I was obviously kidding but. . . I was obviously kidding. There's just something about EA that makes me think they would not favor placing a crucifixed Andrew Bynum on their cover.

nightprowler10
06-26-2012, 01:19 PM
Think of it from my perspective. Everything BG gets his way like all star appearances, All NBA 2nd team, dunk contest win, now 2K cover all everybody does is criticize him about how he doesn't deserve any of it. I see how hard he works as a fan and it puts me on the defensive. People genuinely want to see this guy fail.
Haha, you do realize you're saying that to a Rose fan right?...

EnoughSaid
06-26-2012, 01:20 PM
PUT ****ING THE BIG 3 on the cover! They just won a ship damn.

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 01:21 PM
Haha, you do realize you're saying that to a Rose fan right?...

Rose is SIGNIFICANTLY more respected and liked by the general fan though. Look at this thread even. You have like 8 people saying Griffin doesn't belong and is overrated trash and not a single one talking about Rose. Maybe Rose when he won MVP and got a lot of criticism it was comparable but that has diminished. :cheers:

EnoughSaid
06-26-2012, 01:24 PM
They should have just put KD on the cover... But wasn't he on the Elite 11 cover?

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:25 PM
This was the first Google Image result that came up for "The Big Three":

http://www.celticstown.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/celtics-big-three1.jpg

It came in just ahead of this picture of Joseph Stalin, Franklin Roosevelt, and Winston Churchill:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Tehran_Conference%2C_1943.jpg

Not trying to make any point, but I didn't realize Boston's association with that term was so ubiquitous. Usurping Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill isn't too shabby.

nightprowler10
06-26-2012, 01:26 PM
Like I said, I'm pretty sure LeBron is big on protecting his brand so probably doesn't want to be on any covers.

nightprowler10
06-26-2012, 01:31 PM
Rose is SIGNIFICANTLY more respected and liked by the general fan though. Look at this thread even. You have like 8 people saying Griffin doesn't belong and is overrated trash and not a single one talking about Rose. Maybe Rose when he won MVP and got a lot of criticism it was comparable but that has diminished. :cheers:
Are you serious? Everytime he played a game where he wasn't efficient there were 5 threads about it. How threads were there about Rose being finished when he went down? I don't doubt there are people who were happy to see him go down.

The amount of people who love Rose > people who love BG, but the same goes for people who hate him. Which surprises me because he doesn't have a polarizing personality.

You might have a point about respect, but that's mainly down to his constant flirtation with flopping while he's in the spotlight. He was much more respected in his rookie year.

Tenchi Ryu
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
Of Course Rose made the cover, he has been in contract with 2k since like what, 2010? Then made the cover of 2010 Draft Combine add-on. And then him winning MVP, definitely had a case for 2K cover for a while now, the MJ and legends phase is what kept him off it for so long.

And Lebron didn't make the cover because like others have said, he doesn't have a deal with 2K I believe, going off the top of my head, current players who are close to 2K is Rose, Griffin, Kobe, Rondo, Westbrook, Iggy, and I think Josh Smith.

Kyrie Irving and Rubio have been locked up with EA it seems. And Deron is locked up with this new basketball guitar hero game coming out...
:facepalm :facepalm :facepalm

Clippersfan86
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
Are you serious? Everytime he played a game where he wasn't efficient there were 5 threads about it. How threads were there about Rose being finished when he went down? I don't doubt there are people who were happy to see him go down.

The amount of people who love Rose > people who love BG, but the same goes for people who hate him. Which surprises me because he doesn't have a polarizing personality.

You might have a point about respect, but that's mainly down to his constant flirtation with flopping while he's in the spotlight. He was much more respected in his rookie year.

Thing is... Westbrook, Lebron, Durant and almost all of the biggest stars in the NBA flop often and it's not a discussion. Even the Spurs who can outflop anybody don't have 5 threads after game days designated to flopping. It's unreasonable for people to act like that honestly. I do agree though that considering how quiet and hard working Rose is... it's surprising he does have any haters at all.

Griffin is the first person back in the gym every offseason and has been a great teammate and leader. He's never badmouthed or bragged in the media. Which tells be people are purely judging on the flopping and stare downs. Yet Westbrook can stare people down and celebrate like CRAZY after a simple layup and nobody says a word? Durant can abuse the rip through flop and Westbrook can do the kick flop and nobody makes threads.

See what I'm saying? People are sheep. Once a group of people start badmouthing a player randomly... many others jump on board. But in their eyes it's not acceptable to criticize others for the same things why? Quite frankly though the hate fuels us fans and the team obviously so I say keep it coming. It makes it that much sweeter when the Clippers start having more success.

Vienceslav
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
This was the first Google Image result that came up for "The Big Three":

Not trying to make any point, but I didn't realize Boston's association with that term was so ubiquitous. Usurping Stalin, Roosevelt and Churchill isn't too shabby.
Wow this is very interesting ,but i don

no pun intended
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not the cover. They are likely to make three different covers with Griffin, Durant, and Rose individually embellishing each one.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm pretty sure that's not the cover. They are likely to make three different covers with Griffin, Durant, and Rose individually embellishing each one.
That's not the indication I've received this year. This appears to be the final product.

Tenchi Ryu
06-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Well, count me for getting a Rose one this year. I had got Bird's for 2K12 cause I honestly saw no point on getting MJ's AGAIN since he was on 2K11, and I like Green more than Yellow, sorry Magic.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:46 PM
I had got Bird's for 2K12 cause I honestly saw no point on getting MJ's AGAIN since he was on 2K11, and I like Green more than Yellow, sorry Magic.
Funny, that's almost the exact reasoning I had. Though, I had to deal with the subtle guilt that came with being a white guy opting for the cover of the white guy.

Tenchi Ryu
06-26-2012, 01:47 PM
That's not the indication I've received this year. This appears to be the final product.
But I remember the Jordan/Bird/Magic promo cover coming out JUST like this with all 3, then they told us it would be different covers.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:48 PM
But I remember the Jordan/Bird/Magic promo cover coming out JUST like this with all 3, then they told us it would be different covers.
Not to be that guy, but I'm not sure I remember them all appearing on a single cover at any point of the process last year. I remember finding out who'd be on the cover and what those covers looked like at the same time last year: http://www.chicitysports.com/2011/07/22/nba-2k12-covers-revealed-michael-jordan-magic-johnson-larry-bird/

no pun intended
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
They said that this was the final product?

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
They said that this was the final product?
That's what I've interpreted. They'd been releasing cover clues for the last week and then stated today would be the day of the cover reveal. I haven't heard anything suggesting this isn't the final product.

EnoughSaid
06-26-2012, 01:56 PM
If it is 3 choices, I'll definitely be getting a Rose one as he's my favorite out of those 3.

no pun intended
06-26-2012, 02:10 PM
That's what I've interpreted. They'd been releasing cover clues for the last week and then stated today would be the day of the cover reveal. I haven't heard anything suggesting this isn't the final product.
Wouldn't 2K make more money if they featured three different athletes on three different covers?

k0kakw0rld
06-26-2012, 02:13 PM
Replace Blake wih Love
Replace Rose with Westbrook

1000 000x better :applause:
F*ck 2k tho Live all day

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Wouldn't 2K make more money if they featured three different athletes on three different covers?
I think it's disputable. I'd be interested to see just how many folks last year truly decided they had to purchase multiple versions of the same game simply for the sake of owning all covers. I mean, I'm sure some people did, but when dealing with as much money as 2K earns, I wonder if it was anything but a blip on the radar.

Further, I know last year there was talk as to why each cover had a red background (when purple or yellow would have complemented Magic, green and white Larry). 2K was concerned covers varying too much from one another could throw off the consumer. As such, every background last year was the same, to create a sense of uniformity.

My thought this year is they just wanted to centralize their focus, every cover player found in the same spot, all the time.

Vertical-24
06-26-2012, 02:23 PM
Not a big fan of the cover...and LeBron deserves to be on the cover more than Blake does. I get the whole theme of it...but I can honestly say its my least favorite 2K cover in the last 5 years.

BlueandGold
06-26-2012, 02:26 PM
:facepalm at the state of basketball today. All of their poses are dunks... I remember when the cover of NBA2k use to have superstars doing cool stuff, like crossovers or fadeaways. Remember that AI cover where it was him doing his patented crossover? Now it's all dunks.. anyone over 6"6 with the average NBA vert can easily dunk.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 02:29 PM
:facepalm at the state of basketball today. All of their poses are dunks... I remember when the cover of NBA2k use to have superstars doing cool stuff, like crossovers or fadeaways. Remember that AI cover where it was him doing his patented crossover? Now it's all dunks.. anyone over 6"6 with the average NBA vert can easily dunk.
I think it could be argued that the dunk is much more exclusive than the crossover or fadeaway. And not to split hairs, but the first four versions of NBA 2K merely featured Allen Iverson on a dribble drive (or bringing the ball up court). He was not crossing over. I suppose everyone's interpretation of cool is different, but dribbling the ball up the floor never exactly blew me away. Example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/NBA_2K3_frontcover.jpg

In order, the covers have basically been:

NBA 2K: Iverson Drive
NBA 2K1: Iverson Drive
NBA 2K2: Iverson Drive
NBA 2K3: Iverson Dribble Setup
NBA 2K4: Close-Up of Iverson's Face
NBA 2K5: Ben Wallace Posing for Rebound
NBA 2K6: Shaquille O'Neal standing idly with his back to the basket
NBA 2K7: O'Neal Dribble Drive
NBA 2K8: Chris Paul open court speed dribble
NBA 2K9: Kevin Garnett pounding chest
NBA 2K10: Kobe Bryant popping jersey
NBA 2K11: MJ driving
NBA 2K12: Jordan layup, Magic hook, Bird jumper
NBA 2K13: Griffin, Durant, Rose dunking

Edit: Annnd of course, I look back and realize you were probably just joking. Oh well, I've heard some crazy things so it's hard to pick up sometimes.

senelcoolidge
06-26-2012, 02:41 PM
3 of the best young players in the league..makes sense, but too simple. I don't like the cover.

fos
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
Where did Durant get that lifesize Derrick Rose puppet?

Imaginary Rep.

nightprowler10
06-26-2012, 02:45 PM
Yeah a bit disappointed if those are the pictures they're using.

no pun intended
06-26-2012, 03:03 PM
Not a big fan of the cover...and LeBron deserves to be on the cover more than Blake does. I get the whole theme of it...but I can honestly say its my least favorite 2K cover in the last 5 years.
LeBron is likely to be displayed on the Live 13 cover. You know...as a symbol of resurgence from last year's failure.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
LeBron is likely to be displayed on the Live 13 cover. You know...as a symbol of resurgence from last year's failure.
Has Live hinted at such? As another poster in this thread mentioned, sometimes players just don't want to put their brand on the line like that (or they ask for too much in return).

RoseCity07
06-26-2012, 06:09 PM
I'm done with 2k anyway, the same garbage comes out ever year.

GOBB
06-26-2012, 06:16 PM
Gamers make too much out of damn covers. I have the Bird 2k12 only because I just grabbed it due to this thread. I didnt care when I got the game, it never crossed my mind until now. Keep in mind when 2k12 first came out. What is it about the covers that gives some of you goosebumps?

:roll: :roll: :roll:

R.I.P Elite

GOBB
06-26-2012, 06:17 PM
I'm done with 2k anyway, the same garbage comes out ever year.

I'm waiting for the day when you are DONE saying you are DONE with 2k. Maybe 2k14 you dont appear to say you are done? You just assume we understand.

MeLO MvP 15
06-26-2012, 06:18 PM
How has LeBron not gotten a cover yet??? I have to assume it's his choice not to at this point. I mean wow.

ihoopallday
06-26-2012, 06:21 PM
I look at the cover once when I buy the game. No big deal. Now I'm more interested to see if crew is coming back. Plus they better fix those garbage servers.

Nevaeh
06-26-2012, 06:50 PM

Good Point. Even Jordan's 2k covers were more varied, with 2k11's showing him moving on the fastbreak, and 2k12's showing him going for a scoop layup. With that, I gotta go with the Rose cover. Even if he's never the same, he helped put Bulls basketball back on the map in a big way.

Edit:
Thanks Rake, we were on the same page lol

TheWINdyCity
06-27-2012, 02:53 AM
Worst cover of all time

lmao, why cause yo boi ain't on the cover?

:lol

TheWINdyCity
06-27-2012, 02:55 AM
I look at the cover once when I buy the game. No big deal. Now I'm more interested to see if crew is coming back. Plus they better fix those garbage servers.

**** yes! i totally agree, its why i still have my 2k11 instead of 2k12, man was i disapointed in 2k12 not having pick up or crew, i mean seriously when i bought all those cool boosts and dunk packages, who the f was i suppose to show them off too??

RoseCity07
06-27-2012, 05:24 AM
Just played online 2k12 and every single time I win they quit. Even if it's a close game. I played with the Thunder and every time the other guy picks the Heat. I've won now 5 or 6 games in a row. One game went to OT.

This guy just now quit in the first quarter. How many advantages do they need? This game isn't fun when the other guy just quits when you're about to win.

Brickz187
06-27-2012, 09:20 AM
I hope all three have their own covers like MJ, Magic and Bird in 2k12. If so, I am getting that Blake Griffin cover. Big bad Blake actually got a cover.

Rake2204
06-27-2012, 09:30 AM
Just played online 2k12 and every single time I win they quit. Even if it's a close game. I played with the Thunder and every time the other guy picks the Heat. I've won now 5 or 6 games in a row. One game went to OT.

This guy just now quit in the first quarter. How many advantages do they need? This game isn't fun when the other guy just quits when you're about to win.
Attempting to play NBA 2K online is one of the most frustrating things that's occurred in my life lately (which I think speaks well of my life. . . I think). Each year I convince myself early on to give it a shot (as a means of acquiring a few online-based achievements) and every year, I end up wanting to pull my hair out.

The fact is, regardless of how good a game is developed, I'm just not sure I'll ever be able to sync my playstyle up with every complete stranger, thus eliminating the possibility of creating a seamlessly enjoyable experience for myself through online play. It's mostly a lose-lose for me. As I'm betting we've all experienced at some point, it's the absolute worst when an opponent has refined an unstoppable exploit and proceeds to dominate you because of it. On the flip side, it's just as frustrating for me when I'm able to exploit and exploiter. I find no joy in defeating someone using cheap tactics. For instance, there's not a lot of correlations between strategies of beating a zone in real life and strategies of beating a zone online in 2K.

I suppose it all just depends upon what a user is looking for. I'm looking for great basketball fun, played similarly to how I envision it should be played. Others may just like the idea of dominating their online brethren at all costs. More still may like a mix of both. No matter how you slice it, online's just never done it for me.

mentallooser
06-27-2012, 09:35 AM
Kinda upset there won't be a 2k13 for the Vita.

BlueandGold
06-27-2012, 10:32 AM
I think it could be argued that the dunk is much more exclusive than the crossover or fadeaway. And not to split hairs, but the first four versions of NBA 2K merely featured Allen Iverson on a dribble drive (or bringing the ball up court). He was not crossing over. I suppose everyone's interpretation of cool is different, but dribbling the ball up the floor never exactly blew me away. Example:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/NBA_2K3_frontcover.jpg

In order, the covers have basically been:

NBA 2K: Iverson Drive
NBA 2K1: Iverson Drive
NBA 2K2: Iverson Drive
NBA 2K3: Iverson Dribble Setup
NBA 2K4: Close-Up of Iverson's Face
NBA 2K5: Ben Wallace Posing for Rebound
NBA 2K6: Shaquille O'Neal standing idly with his back to the basket
NBA 2K7: O'Neal Dribble Drive
NBA 2K8: Chris Paul open court speed dribble
NBA 2K9: Kevin Garnett pounding chest
NBA 2K10: Kobe Bryant popping jersey
NBA 2K11: MJ driving
NBA 2K12: Jordan layup, Magic hook, Bird jumper
NBA 2K13: Griffin, Durant, Rose dunking

Edit: Annnd of course, I look back and realize you were probably just joking. Oh well, I've heard some crazy things so it's hard to pick up sometimes.

Yea that's an interesting point.. I never analyzed it like that but it might just be a generational thing, i.e: me favoring things that I saw while growing up.

stallionaire
06-27-2012, 10:36 AM
We need a LeBron cover...

heavensdevil
06-27-2012, 11:51 AM
should only be KD.

Alamo
06-27-2012, 12:06 PM
Should be just KD and D.Rose. 3 looks weird

NBA4EVER
06-27-2012, 12:17 PM

Custom cover I made last night.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8591972/640/8591972.jpg
Full Size: http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8591972/img/8591972.jpg

Feel free to post around

Noof
06-27-2012, 12:50 PM
I don't like it. They're all doing the same thing and there's so much blank space. It looks boring.

eurobum
06-27-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm waiting for the day when you are DONE saying you are DONE with 2k. Maybe 2k14 you dont appear to say you are done? You just assume we understand.

i'm also done till they bring back crew, right gobb?

what's the word on this? whitman.

:coleman:

Alamo
06-27-2012, 02:49 PM
Custom cover I made last night.

http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8591972/640/8591972.jpg
Full Size: http://www4.picturepush.com/photo/a/8591972/img/8591972.jpg

Feel free to post around

Still don't like it. Would be better if they each had separate covers.

Madden 10 effectively used multiple players on the cover, something like that would be nice.

http://www.148apps.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/Madden10-4.jpg

RoseCity07
06-27-2012, 05:54 PM
Attempting to play NBA 2K online is one of the most frustrating things that's occurred in my life lately (which I think speaks well of my life. . . I think). Each year I convince myself early on to give it a shot (as a means of acquiring a few online-based achievements) and every year, I end up wanting to pull my hair out.

The fact is, regardless of how good a game is developed, I'm just not sure I'll ever be able to sync my playstyle up with every complete stranger, thus eliminating the possibility of creating a seamlessly enjoyable experience for myself through online play. It's mostly a lose-lose for me. As I'm betting we've all experienced at some point, it's the absolute worst when an opponent has refined an unstoppable exploit and proceeds to dominate you because of it. On the flip side, it's just as frustrating for me when I'm able to exploit and exploiter. I find no joy in defeating someone using cheap tactics. For instance, there's not a lot of correlations between strategies of beating a zone in real life and strategies of beating a zone online in 2K.

I suppose it all just depends upon what a user is looking for. I'm looking for great basketball fun, played similarly to how I envision it should be played. Others may just like the idea of dominating their online brethren at all costs. More still may like a mix of both. No matter how you slice it, online's just never done it for me.

Yeah I finally lost one game last night because this Lebron cheeser actually got on the ridiculous role. I actually came back on him by playing a 1-3-1 zone and packing the paint. I had the lead and then I stopped the zone. Lebron started making everything in the paint and KD went ice cold.

The one thing that will help you beat 90% of the players you face is to find two or 3 plays to run. For OKC try running the default play for KD under the SF play calls. It's essentially a double screen at the three point line. If your defender doesn't get through then you just go with Westbrook to the rim and dunk or shoot an open 3. If he does get through the screens then KD is wide open for 3. You have to learn the plays.

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 08:02 PM
Anybody know who will be on the Live cover?

LastEpisode
06-27-2012, 09:26 PM
The thing about having multiple players in one cover is that the color of the jerseys all have to complement the background.. KD, Bird and Magic jersey does not look good on a red background.. They should've used white instead..

Rake2204
06-27-2012, 09:38 PM
The thing about having multiple players in one cover is that the color of the jerseys all have to complement the background.. KD, Bird and Magic jersey does not look good on a red background.. They should've used white instead..
I can't remember if I mentioned it in this thread or not, but 2K has decided to push their brand. As such, since their company color is predominantly red, their games now have red backgrounds. They mentioned something about creating a sense of confusion last year if one cover had a red background while others had a yellow or green one.

I'm in agreement with you though. Sticking to only one color seems to leave the door open for some solid color clash.

d.bball.guy
06-28-2012, 01:06 AM
I hope that's not the final cover, looks ugly as hell compared to the last few ones. I like the idea of using the 'future' of the NBA after focusing on the past last year, though.

Kews1
06-28-2012, 01:43 AM
should have been Lebron or KD on their own.

Blake Griffin/Derrick Rose :oldlol:

jbot
06-28-2012, 01:46 AM
yet another reason to check out live instead this year.

Faptastrophe
06-28-2012, 03:03 AM
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/179/1/8/lebron_james_nba_2k13_cover_by_angelmaker666-d553gnu.jpg

fpliii
04-14-2014, 07:26 PM
Blake Griffin :applause: