PDA

View Full Version : Stern punishes OKC for basketball reasons

DuMa
06-26-2012, 01:30 PM
NBA commissioner David Stern has punished the Oklahoma City Thunder, ordering them to send a future draft pick to the Boston Celtics as compensation for the heart problems that Jeff Green suffered with the Celtics, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--thunder-forced-to-give-up-draft-pick-to-celtics-as-compensation-for-jeff-green-s-health-issues.html;_ylt=Ah801nZDFEcUnX0qh2gJNru8vLYF

dat stern power

D.J.
06-26-2012, 01:32 PM
They felt the Thunder knew about Green's heart condition and dealt him without saying anything. But that is pretty hard to prove.

bmulls
06-26-2012, 01:33 PM
The article doesn't say, but I think the only way I would agree is if OKC knew and didn't tell Boston.

lilgodfather1
06-26-2012, 01:35 PM
If that is true then I really hope their team plane crashes some day.

HorryIsMyMVP
06-26-2012, 01:36 PM
If true that punishment is letting them off easy.

JohnnySic
06-26-2012, 01:38 PM
Trying to hurt OKC to prevent them from being a threat to the New World Or, er, I mean Miami Heat.

As a Celtucs fan, thanks for the pick though. :D

LBJDW305
06-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Honestly why wouldn't they know? Dude got traded then all of the sudden has heart problems.

Owl
They felt the Thunder knew about Green's heart condition and dealt him without saying anything. But that is pretty hard to prove.
I suspect that it will be put more generously i.e. Thunder should have known, and were negligent in trading a player in such a condition whether or not they know.

TheMarkMadsen
If that is true then I really hope their team plane crashes some day.

I hope the plane lands in your house.

JohnnySic
06-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Apparently its going to be a 2nd rounder in 2013 so it basically amounts to nothing.

Rake2204
06-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Safely. And each member of the Thunder disembarks and accepts his gracious apology. That's what I hope.

Apogee
06-26-2012, 01:46 PM
What the hell? This dude has way to much power to just do that straight up.

Crown&Coke
06-26-2012, 01:47 PM
hold up, how is this fair?

Boston made the trade, then they have the right to do a physical. Had Green failed his physical, trade can be dropped. But he went through his phyiscal and everything was peachy and he helped win them games. The heart issue came up when he signed his new deal with Boston.

NBA wouldn't do anything when Minny wanted some resolution for getting Martell Webster with a bad back from Portland and Minny claimed Portland knew about it, and the NBA said tough shit, you should have been more thorough in your post trade physical.

this shit is unreal, that trade was years ago to boot

IGotACoolStory
06-26-2012, 01:49 PM
Didn't Boston find out about it a year or two after the trade anyhow?

Unless something is going on under the scenes, I don't think anyone knew until everyone knew.

R.I.P.
06-26-2012, 01:50 PM
It

Crown&Coke
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
Apparently its going to be a 2nd rounder in 2013 so it basically amounts to nothing.

but its Charlotte's second rounder that OKC owns, likely to be the top 3 in the second round. Those are more prized to some teams than late 1st rounders due to non-guaranteed money while still getting a late 1st round level talent

Dictator
06-26-2012, 01:52 PM
:wtf: :wtf: :biggums:

BlackWhiteGreen
06-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Stern likely is trying to avoid a big public bust up.

Cheers for the pick, OKC :cheers:

TheMarkMadsen
06-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Safely. And each member of the Thunder disembarks and accepts his gracious apology. That's what I hope.
:applause:

I had just began typing that before my computer suddenly died, thank you.

ProfessorMurder
06-26-2012, 02:06 PM
this shit is unreal, that trade was years ago to boot

You have an interesting concept of time. 1 year and 4 months = many years to you.

Crown&Coke
06-26-2012, 02:11 PM
You have an interesting concept of time. 1 year and 4 months = many years to you.

interesting for sure, but still, the deal was 2 seasons ago. And he signed a free agent deal in that span since being dealt

dunksby
06-26-2012, 02:43 PM
WTF is this bullshit? Are you shitting me Stern? After refs ****ed us in the ass in the finals now we gotta give up a pick too? :facepalm

RRR3
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Just when I was starting to think that maybe stern wasn't do bad:facepalm

K.Koscik
06-26-2012, 02:46 PM
Shouldn't the physical green had to undergo when he got to boston reveal any underlying concerns, like a heart condition that he has?

BlueandGold
06-26-2012, 02:47 PM
So give boston a pick over something that can barely be proved and then veto a sign and trade that would have given the Lakers CP3?

Hmm

liquidrage
06-26-2012, 02:49 PM
So he plays out the rest of the year, finds a heart condition in the offseason, and the former team is at fault?

Nice. Maybe OKC can give Portland a pick because they knew Oden was really 56 years old and tricked Portland into believing he was only 20.

dunksby
06-26-2012, 02:50 PM
So give boston a pick over something that can barely be proved and then veto a sign and trade that would have given the Lakers CP3?

Hmm
Celtics rebuilding project in collaboration with the NBA management. :facepalm

OKCThunderUP
06-26-2012, 02:56 PM

It's also pretty insulting to the franchise to imply they would even make a move like that.

And regardless, Green played out the remainder of his contract with the Celtics. It wasn't found until after he signed his extension that he had a heart condition. So this penalty makes zero sense.

AK47DR91
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
Honestly why wouldn't they know? Dude got traded then all of the sudden has heart problems.
He played the second half of the 2011 season without a problem. His heart problem was discovered a few weeks before the lockout season started.

Not OKC's fault that the Celtics are cursed with injuries and illnesses.

liquidrage
06-26-2012, 02:58 PM
I hope Green signs a small deal back in OKC. He'd be the perfect fit to back up KD.

Tenchi Ryu
06-26-2012, 02:59 PM
Just when I was starting to think that maybe stern wasn't do bad:facepalm
I know people hate to play the NBA is rigged card, but shit like this makes it hard as hell to defend.

OKCThunderUP
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
I hope Green signs a small deal back in OKC. He'd be the perfect fit to back up KD.

Yeah, they could have used him as a stretch 4 against Miami too. Would have changed that series so much.

KG215
06-26-2012, 03:00 PM
In a word...bullshit, Stern. Bullshit.

The Real JW
06-26-2012, 03:04 PM
Good... the Thunder organization is scum

liquidrage
06-26-2012, 03:09 PM
:roll:
Yeah, they could have used him as a stretch 4 against Miami too. Would have changed that series so much.

A line up of Westbrook, Harden, Durant, Green, Ibaka would tear up teams. Green was out of place as a PF at times, but in the right matchup, like Miami, he'd be money.

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2012, 03:12 PM
If the Thunder knew he had this issue the penalty is fair, maybe doesn't even go far enough. If they knew nothing then the punishment is nuts. What none of us know is what evidence the Celtic doctors used to make their case. And until we do there's no way for us outsiders to make an educated judgement. But in the meantime the lack of factual knowledge of the basis for this action will feed conspiracy theory.

dbk123
06-26-2012, 03:21 PM
http://h9.abload.de/img/untitled-18argzo.gif

ProfessorMurder
06-26-2012, 03:24 PM
interesting for sure, but still, the deal was 2 seasons ago. And he signed a free agent deal in that span since being dealt

It wasn't 2 seasons ago. It was about 1.5. What does signing an FA deal have to do with how many years it's been?

Dictator
06-26-2012, 03:24 PM

:oldlol:

GOBB
06-26-2012, 03:30 PM
Even if OKC knew and didnt mention it to Boston. Isnt Boston medical staff responsible in finding out? Dont plays take physicals after being dealt? :confusedshrug:

flipogb
06-26-2012, 03:53 PM
he helped OKC, if Boston makes a bigger deal out of this to the media then OKC would look bad and thats not what you want after having them in the finals.

Droid101
06-26-2012, 03:54 PM
It's bullshit because he played half a season with the Celtics and his CONTRACT EXPIRED. At that point, OKC should be totally and completely off the hook, even if they did know something. The dude is no longer under contract!

Kews1
06-26-2012, 03:57 PM
i dont think OKC should be punished for this unless there was proof that they knew there was a issue, which would be pretty hard for the league to prove. And if they did know then a 2nd round pick is a pretty petty punishment.

I thought that players had check-ups before they were traded??

dunksby
06-26-2012, 03:58 PM
he helped OKC, if Boston makes a bigger deal out of this to the media then OKC would look bad and thats not what you want after having them in the finals.
lmao this is the biggest they can make this shit which is out of nothing already. Green passed the C's physical then played the remainder of the season for them, went into off-season and only discovered his heart problem just before the lock-out season started on Dec 17 2011.

Droid101
06-26-2012, 04:00 PM
lmao this is the biggest they can make this shit which is out of nothing already. Green passed the C's physical then played the remainder of the season for them, went into off-season and only discovered his heart problem just before the lock-out season started on Dec 17 2011.
Yep! It's totally bullshit.

The Celtics got exactly what they wanted from the trade - dumping Perkins' contract and demand for a new one, and half a season of Green to see if he was good and want to re-sign him or not.

They decided to NOT re-sign him (due to some condition they detected after he already played half a season for them).

Stern, your bias is showing.

Kevin_Garnett_5
06-26-2012, 04:02 PM
The NBA obviously has a reason to believe OKC knew something. If they did know then that's a complete bitch move and they more than deserve the punishment.

Either way I'll take the pick.

Kevin_Garnett_5
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
They decided to NOT re-sign him (due to some condition they detected after he already played half a season for them).

Wrong, the Celtics resigned him. His contract was voided after they discovered the heart condition.

Mr. Jabbar
06-26-2012, 04:04 PM
Stern is a scumbag, shouldn't boston be running physicals before the payment goes through???????? what am i missing here, this is standard business procedures. This old fck has way too much power.

GOBB
06-26-2012, 04:05 PM
The NBA obviously has a reason to believe OKC knew something. If they did know then that's a complete bitch move and they more than deserve the punishment.

Either way I'll take the pick.

Huh? Blame Boston for not detecting it. Thats part of the medical staff job when trading for players and dishing out contracts. Makes no sense whatsoever to give Boston a pick plus Green still will play. :rolleyes:

ProfessorMurder
06-26-2012, 04:09 PM
Huh? Blame Boston for not detecting it. Thats part of the medical staff job when trading for players and dishing out contracts. Makes no sense whatsoever to give Boston a pick plus Green still will play. :rolleyes:

Blame his parents, blame his college team, blame the Thunder, or blame the Celtics. It was a problem his entire life that nobody seemed to know... If Stern and the NBA think OKC may have had a clue, a pick is plenty fair compensation.

Kevin_Garnett_5
06-26-2012, 04:11 PM
They did eventually detect it, but it was too late to do anything at that point. Even if they were unable to detect it at the deadline, it's still a complete bitch move by the Thunder if they withheld information from the Celtics.

GOBB
06-26-2012, 04:39 PM
So any info OKC knew or we're all just speculating like Stern?

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2012, 04:45 PM
So any info OKC knew or we're all just speculating like Stern?
Whatever case the Cs made, Stern and company know the details. This board is who's just speculating.

GOBB
06-26-2012, 04:48 PM
Whatever case the Cs made, Stern and company know the details. This board is who's just speculating.

Cant see how the Celtics made a good case. Unless OKC left them a voice message saying " :roll: u guys got trolled.". Smells like Stern wants to make it known the NBA is protecting the health of its players ala the NFL. Image deal.

Hope whatever case Celtics made is revealed.

R.I.P.
06-26-2012, 04:53 PM
Does that mean the Thunder get a 5th pick from the NBA, since the NBA also missed the heart condition on draft night? :facepalm

Droid101
06-26-2012, 04:54 PM
Does that mean the Thunder get a 5th pick from the NBA, since the NBA also missed the heart condition on draft night? :facepalm
Bingo.

PistonsFan#21
06-26-2012, 04:55 PM

Yeah but Westbrook is more explosive than a taliban

Real Men Wear Green
06-26-2012, 04:58 PM
Cant see how the Celtics made a good case. Unless OKC left them a voice message saying " :roll: u guys got trolled.". Smells like Stern wants to make it known the NBA is protecting the health of its players ala the NFL. Image deal.

Hope whatever case Celtics made is revealed.
They maybe should just for the sake of killing the conspiracy talk but more casual fans than the ones on this board aren't going to examine the details here too hard. Bottom line, people will just see that OKC lost a second round pick and shrug it off.

Celtic_Pride
06-26-2012, 05:11 PM
The Celtics got exactly what they wanted from the trade - dumping Perkins' contract

Wrong. Perkins signed the contract extension with OKC after being traded

Stern, your bias is showing.

What bias?

If the league believes (& can prove) that OKC knew Green's condition before the trade, punishing them with a 2nd round pick isn't unfair at all!

If only Stern loves the Celtics he would have given us Tim Duncan back in 97 or Durant in 2007 and helped the Cs from being irrelevant for 20 years!

Droid101
06-26-2012, 06:07 PM
Wrong. Perkins signed the contract extension with OKC after being traded

No shit. The Celts weren't going to do that, so either lose him for nothing, or see how the Green guy works out and decide from there.

wagexslave
06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
He's punishing them for choking so hard and costing the NBA the massive possible advertising revenue of game 6-7.

50inchvertical
06-26-2012, 06:27 PM
:oldlol: at insinuating OKC knew about the condition and that is why he was traded. We traded him because we couldn't get away with playing a 6'8 starting 4 int he West (as had just been proven when we lost in the playoffs to LA on a putback offensive rebound). OKC did troll Bos in that initially the agreement was for James Harden, but they talked them into taking Green instead since Ainge felt he could defend LeBron, JSmoove, Carmelo types.

The Thunder beat writers I follow on Twitter are also in the dark on it. Closest anyone has to anything, is what Woj wrote, which even that is speculatory and doesn't accuse the Thunder of withholding anything.

"After Green had season-ending surgery for an aortic aneurysm in December, Boston's doctors constructed a case to take to the NBA trying to show proof that Oklahoma City owed the Celtics some kind of compensation..."

eliteballer
06-26-2012, 06:35 PM
If everything checked out in Bostons medical(which teams do for any transaction)....then why would they expect OKC to find anything?

Ainge you sneaky bastard, reminds me of when he screwed us out of Marcus Banks.

ripthekik
06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Stern not only uses his ref power agaisnt OKC in the finals, but even abuses his power now off the court! :applause: :applause:

OKCThunderUP
06-26-2012, 07:04 PM
Here's the official NBA statement regarding the Jeff Green incident:

As part of a ruling in a trade disclosure dispute between the Boston Celtics and the Oklahoma City Thunder, NBA Commissioner David Stern today awarded the Celtics a 2013 second-round draft pick held by the Thunder. Stern found that there was no evidence of bad faith or any intent to withhold information on the part of Thunder management or its physicians, but that Oklahoma City’s cardiologists were in possession of information about Jeff Green that was not shared with Thunder management and that should have been disclosed to the Celtics in connection with the trade of Green in February 2011.

Under NBA rules, teams are required to disclose to each other in connection with trades any information in their possession or control about a player’s prior injuries, illnesses, or other health conditions that could affect the player’s ability to play NBA basketball at any point in the future. Green had surgery on his heart in January 2012 and did not play during the
2011-12 season.

KG215
06-26-2012, 09:45 PM
Still think it's a stupid punishment/decision on Stern's part. I know it's the team cardiologists, but how is punishing team management by taking away a draft pick because the cardiologists withheld information from management fair?

NumberSix
06-26-2012, 09:47 PM
OKC is truly a classless organization. What else would you expect from Clay Bennett?

lilgodfather1
06-26-2012, 09:48 PM
I hope so too. The money I would make from the airline would be enough to retire on :cheers: i'll give you half if you can set it up.

lilgodfather1
06-26-2012, 09:54 PM
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/363518/docfunk21_medium.jpg

Bennett must not have let Stern punch enough babies :confusedshrug: .

B
06-26-2012, 11:24 PM
Still think it's a stupid punishment/decision on Stern's part. I know it's the team cardiologists, but how is punishing team management by taking away a draft pick because the cardiologists withheld information from management fair?
:facepalm The team doctors work for management. It's not the NBA's or Celtics problem the Thunder have communications problems in house. It's doesn't matter if was an oversight or done on purpose, the bottom line is if somebody within the OKC organization knew Green was damaged goods and didn't get that info to the proper people then it's the Thunder front office that ill pay the price

jbot
06-26-2012, 11:30 PM
The article doesn't say, but I think the only way I would agree is if OKC knew and didn't tell Boston.
if that's the case, then it's boston's fault for not having doctors that detected it. that's what they're paid for.

man, i usually just brush off most of the "stern is the devil" stuff but this is pretty crappy. i don't condone the thunder screwing over the celtics but they should have found out that something was wrong with green before the trade finalized.

iamgine
06-26-2012, 11:43 PM
The part where OKC was withholding info so they must be punished under NBA rules is understandable. After all, Boston couldn't check for everything.

How do they determine the punishment though?

I<3NBA
06-26-2012, 11:53 PM
this is ****ing stupid. it's Boston's responsibility to screen Jeff Green before they accept him in a trade.

RazorBaLade
06-26-2012, 11:53 PM
Here's the official NBA statement regarding the Jeff Green incident:

So he punished em for no reason?

please

The_Yearning
06-27-2012, 12:05 AM

This dude is such a f4ggot.

iamgine
06-27-2012, 12:06 AM
this is ****ing stupid. it's Boston's responsibility to screen Jeff Green before they accept him in a trade.
Can't check for everything. Thus why the rule was created.

KG215
06-27-2012, 12:10 AM
[QUOTE=B

CelticBaller
06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
:applause:

iamgine
06-27-2012, 12:13 AM
Are the team doctors a part of the front office an involved in the day-to-day operations and decision making on things like off-season transactions and draft picks? How is them not telling one of the higher-ups in the front office their fault? What are they supposed to do?

Jeff Green had to undergo a physical for the trade to go through. Jeff Green has known about this all along and it should be up to him if he tells team management or not about the condition. I'm pretty sure there's some sort of law that protects patient information, so maybe Green told team doctors he didn't want OKC management to know about his heart condition, and maybe he told the same to Celtics doctors for obvious reasons. There's a lot of variables in play here and taking away a draft pick just doesn't seem like sensible punishment. I know it's "only" a 2nd rounder, but it's Charlotte's 2nd rounder, and it'll more than likely be a pick in the 31-35 range where you can still get 1st round talent.
Umm the bolded is just retarded. Basketball teams doesn't work that way.

KG215
06-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Umm the bolded is just retarded. Basketball teams doesn't work that way.

What? HIPAA doesn't apply to professional athletes? You may be right, but I'd still think if an athlete was told something was wrong with him, and he told his doctors he didn't want the information released, they'd have to keep quiet. Isn't doctor/patient confidentiality a part of the Hippocratic Oath?

And I'm not saying that's what happened here. Maybe Green didn't care if OKC management knew about it and it was the team doctors' fault for not telling them about it.

NumberSix
06-27-2012, 12:21 AM
What? HIPAA doesn't apply to professional athletes? You may be right, but I'd still think if an athlete was told something was wrong with him, and he told his doctors he didn't want the information released, they'd have to keep quiet. Isn't doctor/patient confidentiality a part of the Hippocratic Oath?
Do you seriously think that it isn't in the contract that a professional athlete's medical health be disclosed to the franchise? Have some common sense.

ihoopallday
06-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Do you seriously think that it isn't in the contract that a professional athlete's medical health be disclosed to the franchise? Have some common sense.

Lol give the guy a break. But yes when there's millions on the line, there's no confidential info.

KG215
06-27-2012, 12:30 AM

This started off as me speculating. Yes, I'd think professional athletes have to have their medical information disclosed to team management, but something doesn't add up here because apparently no one in the OKC front office knew about Green's heart condition when they made the trade.

NumberSix
06-27-2012, 12:31 AM
This started off as me speculating. Yes, I'd think professional athletes have to have their medical information disclosed to team management, but something doesn't add up here because apparently no one in the OKC front office knew about Green's heart condition when they made the trade.
InB4 OKC inside E-mails about Green's heart condition.

B
06-27-2012, 12:42 AM
Are the team doctors a part of the front office an involved in the day-to-day operations and decision making on things like off-season transactions and draft picks? How is them not telling one of the higher-ups in the front office their fault? What are they supposed to do?

Yes!!!! The team doctors are there for this very reason. To convey health issues to the front office. The front office oversees the whole organization not just one aspect. When an underling screws up the entire organization takes the fall. Now the front office can fire the guys and get somebody else in but that doesn't free the front office for paying the price for one of their employees mistakes.

When a coach bad mouths the refs at a post game presser the league fines both the coach and the front office. Amare just got tapped for his twitter comments, the Knicks will get a bill also.

KDthunderup
06-27-2012, 01:59 AM
So OKC supposedly knew Green had a heart condition but Green didn't know? Sounds bullshit, It would be much of Green's fault to not tell the Celtics about this condition as OKC's.

G-train
06-27-2012, 02:44 AM
In a statement, the NBA said, "Stern found that there was no evidence of bad faith or any intent to withhold information on the part of Thunder management or its physicians, but that Oklahoma City's cardiologists were in possession of information about Jeff Green that was not shared with Thunder management and that should have been disclosed to the Celtics in connection with the trade of Green in February 2011."

Interesting.

Bernie Nips
06-27-2012, 03:08 AM
I swear the IQ level on this board is ridiculously low.

Apparently everything is black and white.

There's no way that, I dunno, the OKC cardiologists ran tests that showed that Green's heart had an abnormal beat or had a small risk of becoming dangerous to his health, but they weren't concerned enough to stop him from playing or even informing upper management. It doesn't necessarily have to be a test result that says "HE'S GONNA DIE IF HE KEEPS PLAYING!"

Information such as "he has a higher risk than average of developing a heart condition" being withheld is most likely the case here. Without the Celtics knowing of this, they have no reason to test for heart problems.

"But they ran their own physicals! They shoulda picked up on it!"

Oh, so every single player that goes to a team goes through every physical test known to man, just to make sure there's nothing there hey? They go through costly MRIs to make sure they don't have brain tumours? Some things don't get tested on until there is evidence that a test is needed.

Celtics wouldn't have taken this further if they didn't have evidence that OKC's cardiologists withheld information.

You're all a bunch o damn fools.

cltcfn2924
06-27-2012, 05:41 AM

Now you are just being totally ignorant. Team management is responsible for the team cardiologists, or do the inmates run the asylum?

NumberSix
06-27-2012, 06:19 AM
At the very least, they're negligent for not proceeding with a thorough enough physical examination before trading him.

When you trade a player and you tell the other team that he's in good health, when it turns out that he isn't, you can't just say "Oh. Well, we never checked for that". That's not an acceptable excuse.

iamgine
06-27-2012, 07:04 AM
At the very least, they're negligent for not proceeding with a thorough enough physical examination before trading him.

When you trade a player and you tell the other team that he's in good health, when it turns out that he isn't, you can't just say "Oh. Well, we never checked for that". That's not an acceptable excuse.

I think in this case, it is acceptable. It is only a problem because OKC doctors had checked for it and found it out but OKC didn't tell Boston.

No one can know everything. What if Green had a tumor and no one in OKC had checked that? They can't be punished for not knowing. "He's in good health as far as we know" would suffice.

GOBB
06-27-2012, 07:22 AM
In a statement, the NBA said, "Stern found that there was no evidence of bad faith or any intent to withhold information on the part of Thunder management or its physicians, but that Oklahoma City's cardiologists were in possession of information about Jeff Green that was not shared with Thunder management and that should have been disclosed to the Celtics in connection with the trade of Green in February 2011."

Well damn.

rmt
06-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Blame should be on Boston's doctors.

Dictator
06-27-2012, 05:40 PM
I think in this case, it is acceptable. It is only a problem because OKC doctors had checked for it and found it out but OKC didn't tell Boston.

No one can know everything. What if Green had a tumor and no one in OKC had checked that? They can't be punished for not knowing. "He's in good health as far as we know" would suffice.

Most college team doctors check for heart problems so the celtics to miss it it pretty much a :facepalm on their part.

50inchvertical
06-27-2012, 10:21 PM

Happens all the time, hell it has happened to OKC. A few yrs ago we completed a trade for Tyson Chandler, got him here, failed his physical, trade rescinded. All trades are, "pending physical."

Stern should still clear the air more here. If OKC cardiologists knew of JG had a heart condition, but didn't tell him either, he'd really be the one with grounds for a lawsuit given that playing him would be risking his life. If he knew, but never talked about it with anyone outside of the cardiologists who told him,

Still doesn't excuse why Boston's cardiologists where unable to find it.

iamgine
06-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Most college team doctors check for heart problems so the celtics to miss it it pretty much a :facepalm on their part.
They don't always find it even when there's problem.

Eat Like A Bosh
06-28-2012, 12:06 AM
Whatever, Stern is a control freak. Always was and always will be

ripthekik
06-28-2012, 12:17 AM
It depends. If Green went to a doctor outside personally, then nothing has to be confided. However, if it is team doctors, and the health check was implemented under team control, then that is different.

So if Jeff Green went out and did his own check, found something, it's not obligatory to tell the team. The team however has to right to use their own doctors, or send him to medical tests on behalf of the team.

Lakers Legend#32
06-28-2012, 02:50 AM
Any bad news for the Thunder is great news for the league.

ProfessorMurder
06-28-2012, 03:27 AM
Still doesn't excuse why Boston's cardiologists where unable to find it.

They did find it a year later, and shouldn't have had to. If OKC was a responsibly organization the news should've been broken whenever they found out. Sweeping something under the rug is much more heinous than missing something altogether.