PDA

View Full Version : Lakers off season thread

DirtySanchez
06-26-2012, 04:05 PM
Can we keep all off season and trade talk in here...

What has happened...

Lakers made a run at Paul...got him only to lose him via Stern
Lakers had to trade LO for basically nothing IMO to Mavs
We keep Gasol
Lakers trade Fisher Luke etc. get Hill and Sessions
Bynum seems like a headcase
Mike Brown's offense SUCKS but Dee did get better
We all miss Phil
We get knocked out in the 2nd round for the 2nd year in a row

What we know

So free agency start July 1st...
NBA Draft soon Lakers do not have first round pick...
Lakers have the TPE from last years L.O. trade...
Sessions is a free agent...
Dwight and D-Will have the Lakers off their respective lists according to sources...
D-Will favors the Nets or Mavs...
Howard favors the Nets...
Buss and Mitch stated the Lakers are keeping the core three and will not make any bog moves....

What Laker fans Hope...

We get either Deron or Howard or both...
We trade Gasol to Rockets for Lowry, Scola, and fill in blank
We get Beasley for ?????
We make trade with Hawks for Smith and fill in blank
Kobe is still in prime shape
Bynum knees hold up and he gets his head straight
Gasol is gone...
Heard about rumor for Tyrke Evans
LO some how comes back to Lakers and plays like he didn't miss a step from 2011...

What realistically will more likely happen...

Lakers keep core Kobe, Bynum, Gasol
Lakers resign Sessions and Hill
Lakers make some sort of small trade/signing for young role bench player
If any big trade happen Gasol to???????????

So...that's where we are at...

Dictator
06-26-2012, 04:59 PM
You think denver would do this?

http://i48.tinypic.com/vh9mj5.jpg

Lawson
Kobe
Brewer/Peace
Harrington
Pau

And LA get Odom.

DirtySanchez
06-27-2012, 02:22 PM
Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that one team to express interest in Williams is the Los Angeles Lakers, who still have a trade exception big enough to absorb Williams' contract that they created when they dealt Odom to Dallas.

Mo Williams would be a great fit for our team! Helps spread the floor etc.
We need a three point shooter bad.

If we get him we can let go of Blake!!!

DirtySanchez
06-27-2012, 02:23 PM
From Eric Pincus via tweet

The primary advantage to Lakers taking Mo is his expiring contract - but then will he sulk if there's no extension?

DirtySanchez
06-27-2012, 04:37 PM
Rockets no longer pursuing Pau.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8104029/source-houston-rockets-make-trade-milwaukee-bucks-move-12

There has been speculation that the Rockets may be trying to use the picks to land Lakers big man Pau Gasol. The Rockets pursued him in December and thought they had a deal for Gasol as part of the larger Chris Paul deal to the Lakers that the NBA scuttled.

However, a league source told ESPN.com that the Rockets are no longer pursuing Gasol.

So I guess we shouldn't be thinking Lowry Scola and Martin...

DirtySanchez
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8103436/sources-los-angeles-lakers-want-established-player-top-10-pick-pau-gasol

The Los Angeles Lakers have been checking around the league this week to gauge Pau Gasol's trade value, according to sources briefed on the discussions.

Sources told ESPN.com that the Lakers have been contacting teams in an effort to acquire a top-10 pick in Thursday's draft. The Lakers also are seeking an established player along with the pick if they're to part with Gasol.

A deal was not imminent as of Wednesday afternoon.

DirtySanchez
06-27-2012, 04:43 PM
Interesting read...

Lakers executive VP Jim Buss said recently the Lakers would like to, and if motivated enough they can get it done. Here are three potential options:

Trade. Pau Gasol or Andrew Bynum could be part of a package returning a first-rounder. But for a team still in win-now mode, the question isn't how the Lakers get into the opening round, but how to do it and still get better next season. Doing both is tough if Gasol or Bynum heads out the door -- landing a pick likely means the package of seasoned players coming back isn't as strong -- and outside those two, there isn't another player on the Lakers' roster any sane executive would sacrifice a first-round pick to acquire. A trade pushing the Lakers back into Round 1 could certainly benefit the future, but that's a completely different conversation.
Traded Player Exception. A wild card could be the trade exception gained last season in the Lamar Odom deal. They still have it, dusty as it might be getting. As a mechanism used to acquire a first-rounder, it would likely require the Lakers to take back a contract they wouldn't otherwise want. Think Cleveland absorbing Luke Walton as the price of a pick in the Ramon Sessions deal. Would the Lakers do it? Probably not. They're trying to shed payroll, particularly superfluous money paid to players they wouldn't otherwise want. L.A. might take a player on a short contract capable of filling a need next season (especially if it meant getting back into the first round), but that hypothetical player sounds useful. Why would another squad surrender that sort of asset and a pick for a TPE?
Buying a pick. This is the most straightforward option. As ESPN LA's Dave McMenamin reminded me this week, teams can spend up to $3 million to buy a pick. The Lakers used a little of their allotment in the Sessions deal last year, but still have a substantial amount of that money left, and it might be enough to get something done. As a point of reference, the Lakers sold the 29th pick in the '09 draft to New York for $3 million on the nose, meaning a move like this probably nets nothing higher than the 25-30 range, which would mean contractual obligations at least in the neighborhood of $1.8 mil over two years. (Interestingly, many teams value high second-rounders more, because the same caliber player might be available, but wouldn't be locked into a guaranteed deal.)

DirtySanchez
06-27-2012, 05:18 PM
Gasol for Josh Smith?!?!?!?!

[QUOTE]According to Mike Bresnahan of the LA Times, the team that originally drafted Pau Gasol, Atlanta Hawks, inquired about his services shortly after the ending of the series versus the Oklahoma City Thunder.

In the report, the Lakers would be receiving Josh Smith, who at 6

NBA2k-Monster23
06-27-2012, 09:11 PM
I think we end up getting Mo Williams, I also think Pau ends up traded for Josh Smith or to one of the teams in the lottery.

I really just hope we trade Pau and get something good back in return.

lakerfreak
06-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Using Williams for his expirer?

Really?

The one position that the lakers need filled desperately is the one they're using as an expirer.

If the lakers want to save money, trade Pau for a pick, or don't trade him and let him walk. He's our best bet as a money saver by year 2014 when the lakers start getting raped financially, if not already.

So many of these trade ideas just seem so penalizing in the future.

DirtySanchez
06-28-2012, 12:05 AM

Really?

The one position that the lakers need filled desperately is the one they're using as an expirer.

If the lakers want to save money, trade Pau for a pick, or don't trade him and let him walk. He's our best bet as a money saver by year 2014 when the lakers start getting raped financially, if not already.

Explain the future....what do you see the Lakers doing? Build through the draft etc. we have never been that type if team.

tamaraw08
06-28-2012, 02:35 AM

Really?

Acquiring Mo Williams make perfect sense for me but I don't like getting rid of Pau without getting atleast a good and PROVEN PF in return. I don't mind Scola or Josh Smith or even a FOCUSSED Odom.

lakerfreak
06-28-2012, 03:41 AM
Explain the future....what do you see the Lakers doing? Build through the draft etc. we have never been that type if team.

They've never been that type of team with Jerry Buss runnin the show. Now those days are gone. Jim Buss is now the head. We still have yet to see how he will run things and this off-season will tell us alot about what to expect from him. We know he likes getting big name superstars on the team.

My issue is I just feel that they aren't addressing the proper needs. All we needed last year was to add a PG, and they went all out to try and get dwight and cp3. Since then everything has sort of went down hill with as far as leverage goes. Odom is gone, Pau is being dangled, Kobe is aging, we can't find a top 20 point guard to start, our bench is terrible.....

You see what I mean? I just feel like too much has been said and done. I would personally like to see an effort to rebuild, and to rebuild quickly. Trade away big contracts and get some future first rounders. Save enough to attract a superstar.

WhiteMamba
06-28-2012, 07:02 PM
We need to do some serious work this off-season

idizzle
06-28-2012, 07:53 PM
Mike Bresnahan: Lakers will give rookie PG Darius Morris a qualifying offer of about $940,000 making him a restricted FA. He's probably back next year. Twitter

idizzle
06-28-2012, 08:00 PM
After a rocky start to his career that has been challenged by hip surgery and two trades since being selected No. 6 out of Syracuse in the 2009 NBA draft, Jonny Flynn is seeking a fresh start this offseason and just might find it with the Los Angeles Lakers. Flynn has identified six teams -- the Lakers, Portland, Phoenix, Toronto, Chicago, and Brooklyn -- as potential destinations and should find mutual interest from the potential suitors, according to a source close to the unrestricted free agent point guard. ESPN.com

dd24
06-28-2012, 09:53 PM
I think he's worth taking a look at. He could be a decent back up potentially, but he is a little under sized so it's hard to say if he's ever going to amount to anything. That rumor doesn't do much for me.

dd24
06-29-2012, 03:25 PM
Now that OJ Mayo is officially going to be a FA the rumors say the Lakers are interested still....

Sam Amico: Seeing some follow-ups on my reports last month Celtics have strong interest in O.J. Mayo. So do Lakers. Twitter

The T-Wolves talks are apparently heating up too:

The Minnesota Timberwolves are pulling out all the stops in an effort to land Pau Gasol. If they have to part with the highest draft choice in franchise history after just one season, the Wolves appear ready to do it. That much became clear leading up to the NBA draft on Thursday, when Minnesota offered Derrick Williams to the Charlotte Bobcats for the No. 2 pick as a vehicle to help them land Gasol from the Los Angeles Lakers, two people with knowledge of the discussions told The Associated Press. MSNBC.com

They're probably figuring a core of Gasol, Rubio and Love could win 50 games and not only getting them into the playoffs, but well into them. The Lakers also have interest Michael Beasley, who could be the established player in such a deal. If such a trade for Gasol is made, it might come closer to training camp than draft night, but we'll see. I''m not sure how to read this latest development: Is it a sign of movement toward a deal or an indication that one could be hard to strike if the Lakers aren't interested in Williams himself. Minneapolis Star-Tribune

TryToBeUnbias
06-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Now that OJ Mayo is officially going to be a FA the rumors say the Lakers are interested still....

The T-Wolves talks are apparently heating up too:

Beasly and Mayo ? Need to do something at this point.

DKLaker
06-29-2012, 07:34 PM
Beasly and Mayo ? Need to do something at this point.

Need more than 2 guys they are already going to dump anyways......but don't get me wrong, I like both :cheers:

lakerfreak
06-29-2012, 08:14 PM
Need more than 2 guys they are already going to dump anyways......but don't get me wrong, I like both :cheers:

Mayo Beasley Williams?

dd24
06-29-2012, 08:27 PM
Mayo Beasley Williams?

I'd go for that.

DirtySanchez
06-29-2012, 09:12 PM
I'd Ike Mayo and Be Easy.....but we still need a point

takai
06-30-2012, 12:29 AM
A point guard is the first thing I'd go for this off-season. One who has some experience too.

DirtySanchez
06-30-2012, 02:14 AM
A point guard is the first thing I'd go for this off-season. One who has some experience too.
Steve Nash and Sessions....

DKLaker
06-30-2012, 02:32 AM
I'd Ike Mayo and Be Easy.....but we still need a point

Gasol is our biggest trading chip, we have to get a good PG as part of a deal sending him out. That's why I was so big on the Dragic, Scola, Martin deal last season from the moment the CP3 deal was voided.

Dictator
06-30-2012, 04:50 PM
Nash is the perfect fit for the Lakers. Oassing and 3point shooting plus we could keep the group together.

Nash
Kobe
Arest
Pau
Bynum

Hill/Barnes/Sessions/Blake/McRoberts

dd24
06-30-2012, 04:55 PM
Or you think Mil would do Ellis & Gooden for Bynum.

Lol, why on earth would the Lakers do that deal? Of course Milwaukee would go for it.

Dictator
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
Lol, why on earth would the Lakers do that deal? Of course Milwaukee would go for it.

Nevermind I went crazy for a moment.

Tyreke and Cousins for Bynum + Scrub?

takai
06-30-2012, 10:46 PM
Steve Nash and Sessions....
Exactly what I was thinking. If Nash wants a ring (which he does), he needs to move on. And the Lakers are his last shot for one. That guy is a brilliant playmaker, and with Bynum and Kobe, we would be unstoppable.

dd24
06-30-2012, 11:52 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. If Nash wants a ring (which he does), he needs to move on. And the Lakers are his last shot for one. That guy is a brilliant playmaker, and with Bynum and Kobe, we would be unstoppable.

I don't think he'll stay in Phoenix, but I wouldn't say the Lakers are his last shot for one. They offer a good chance, but so does Miami and Dallas (both of which are very interested). It really depends on how much of a pay cut he's willing to take to get a ring.

takai
06-30-2012, 11:53 PM
I don't think he'll stay in Phoenix, but I wouldn't say the Lakers are his last shot for one. They offer a good chance, but so does Miami and Dallas (both of which are very interested). It really depends on how much of a pay cut he's willing to take to get a ring.
Speaking of which.... http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/8115302/steve-nash-examines-options-says-staying-phoenix-suns-no-longer-home-run

Sounds like he's open for pretty much anywhere. About time he realizes Phoenix isn't a "home run".

dd24
07-01-2012, 05:20 AM
I've said for years he never deserved his MVP's... he wasn't ever the best player in the league. One thing I will say is he deserves his chance to go to a team he wants to play for, that also gives him the best chance to get a title. I'm always all for the players at the end of their career that don't care about the money anymore and try to win. As long as he makes a decision like that (aka not Toronto...) I'll support his choice. The only way I support his decision with a team that can't win it is Phoenix. I don't see anything wrong with someone staying with their home team. Either go for a ship, or help out the team that has had faith in you for so long. With Phoenix drafting Marshall I'm pretty sure the writing is on the wall though.

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 08:26 AM
Nash will giro the Raptors. Playing for Canada would be a dream come true for him.

As for the Lakers......I really want them to get rid of Bynum. I just think he has no heart

DKLaker
07-01-2012, 12:09 PM
I've said for years he never deserved his MVP's... he wasn't ever the best player in the league. One thing I will say is he deserves his chance to go to a team he wants to play for, that also gives him the best chance to get a title. I'm always all for the players at the end of their career that don't care about the money anymore and try to win. As long as he makes a decision like that (aka not Toronto...) I'll support his choice. The only way I support his decision with a team that can't win it is Phoenix. I don't see anything wrong with someone staying with their home team. Either go for a ship, or help out the team that has had faith in you for so long. With Phoenix drafting Marshall I'm pretty sure the writing is on the wall though.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

It's time for Nash to chase that ring with the Lakers at a very low price.
If he goes to a loser like Toronto i'll lose all respect for him.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-01-2012, 01:39 PM

why cant he go home and play for a team which is in his home country????

I would give preference to that over a cheap suns team...who he played for...

he can literally change how people look at basketball in Canada...

there are things of more importantance then ur home team or championship ....& thats ur country....if he has a chance...he should go for it...and play with Raps

DirtySanchez
07-01-2012, 03:11 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--magic-are-weighing-trade-offers-for-dwight-howard.html;_ylt=As7lPuGnswZM60wfXTXVttS8vLYF

I think this is our shot at getting him....Drew and fillers for Howard please.

dd24
07-01-2012, 03:31 PM

there are things of more importantance then ur home team or championship ....& thats ur country....if he has a chance...he should go for it...and play with Raps

Canada is a big country, lol. He's not even from Toronto. That's like saying it's a dream for an LA athlete to play in NY. The dumbest move in the world for him would be to go to a team that will struggle to make the playoffs. He should either stay in Phoenix where he has a huge fan base or chase a ring.

takai
07-01-2012, 03:45 PM

What? If he wants a shot at a ring he needs to go to the Lakers. Raptor don't have shit. It'll just be another dead end.

But if he wants money, Raps are the way to go. 3 year 36 million contract is insane.

Frank Foley
07-01-2012, 04:01 PM
Canada is a big country, lol. He's not even from Toronto. That's like saying it's a dream for an LA athlete to play in NY. The dumbest move in the world for him would be to go to a team that will struggle to make the playoffs. He should either stay in Phoenix where he has a huge fan base or chase a ring.

If you think his fanbase in Phoenix is huge, then what do you think his Canadian fanbase will be like? There's literally only one Canadian NBA team, and there's only one prominent NBA player. Most of the Canadian fans I know root for Toronto mildly, but they cheer for Steve Nash maniacally. And that's including people in Montreal, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.

Those of you saying Toronto is overpaying are missing the point. They're completely prepared to have Nash age into a withered husk during that final year (maybe even two years), because they figure the renewed interest, legitimacy, and revenue Nash will generate at the beginning of his contract will more than pay for it. Their intent from the outset was to blow away the competition's bids, because only offering a little extra per year might not have cut it. Hence the exorbitant offer, and the personal message from Wayne Gretzky, and the personal Canadian bikini massage team, or whatever the hell else they promised.

And those of you saying you'll lose respect for Nash taking the bigger money are either being cynical or overidealistic. Offer any rational human being the choice between a 36 million dollar contract and 3-to-9 million dollar contract, and he'll almost always take the extra 27 to 33 million dollars, irrespective of context. And so would you.

If you're not a millionaire, it's tempting to say, "He's made more than enough money in his career," but that's not how people generally act. There's a reason why billionaires hide their money in off-shore tax shelters, even though they have "more than enough." There are reasons why Steve Jobs' salary at Apple was 99.99999999999999999% paid in stock options. There's a reason why Kobe won't entertain any thoughts of cutting his salary, even though it's making it hell for Mitch et al. to build a team around him. And it's not (just) because they're greedy assholes.

dd24
07-01-2012, 04:39 PM
If you think his fanbase in Phoenix is huge, then what do you think his Canadian fanbase will be like? There's literally only one Canadian NBA team, and there's only one prominent NBA player. Most of the Canadian fans I know root for Toronto mildly, but they cheer for Steve Nash maniacally. And that's including people in Montreal, Vancouver, and Winnipeg.

You make my point for me. They already cheer for him in Canada. It doesn't matter what uniform he wears. Almost every time Nash's name gets brought up so does the fact that he's from Canada. If he signs with Toronto I don't think his fan base up there will be any bigger.

Of course we all see why Toronto wants to sign him and they don't mind offering him a big contract. It's a no brainer they will make money off of that deal. That's besides the point. He has the opportunity to play somewhere that he has the chance to win. I don't think he should turn that down.

DKLaker
07-01-2012, 04:41 PM

Those of you saying Toronto is overpaying are missing the point. They're completely prepared to have Nash age into a withered husk during that final year (maybe even two years), because they figure the renewed interest, legitimacy, and revenue Nash will generate at the beginning of his contract will more than pay for it. Their intent from the outset was to blow away the competition's bids, because only offering a little extra per year might not have cut it. Hence the exorbitant offer, and the personal message from Wayne Gretzky, and the personal Canadian bikini massage team, or whatever the hell else they promised.

And those of you saying you'll lose respect for Nash taking the bigger money are either being cynical or overidealistic. Offer any rational human being the choice between a 36 million dollar contract and 3-to-9 million dollar contract, and he'll almost always take the extra 27 to 33 million dollars, irrespective of context. And so would you.

If you're not a millionaire, it's tempting to say, "He's made more than enough money in his career," but that's not how people generally act. There's a reason why billionaires hide their money in off-shore tax shelters, even though they have "more than enough." There are reasons why Steve Jobs' salary at Apple was 99.99999999999999999% paid in stock options. There's a reason why Kobe won't entertain any thoughts of cutting his salary, even though it's making it hell for Mitch et al. to build a team around him. And it's not (just) because they're greedy assholes.

I understand where you are coming from FF, but it's certainly a debatable issue.
What is going to haunt him the rest of his life is people talking about him never winning a championship, every time his name is mentioned it will be there as if it is a part of his name. Anything you can do to avoid that, you need to do.
I don't know if you or how many of us on here have been on a championship team at any level but I can say from personal experience that it is something you never forget and something that never gets old, whether as a player or a coach, even if you win 100 titles, it doesn't get old.
IMO, it's worth much more than any amount of money, for Nash to not even attempt to join a team with a shot is a reflection on how much he really cares about winning......If he doesn't get one he will live to regret it.

IMO, money is not everything, I understand that to some people it is....again it is about preference.

My biggest point about Toronto's offer is that I do not believe there is another team that would offer more than $6 million per year for 3 years...not with the current CBA, not at his age. They are ensuring that their team will be nothing more than a novelty. They could have blown away the competition at $8 million per year for 2 years.

Me personally would go for the championship and not even briefly consider the money.

Frank Foley
07-01-2012, 05:30 PM
You make my point for me. They already cheer for him in Canada. It doesn't matter what uniform he wears. Almost every time Nash's name gets brought up so does the fact that he's from Canada. If he signs with Toronto I don't think his fan base up there will be any bigger.

Of course we all see why Toronto wants to sign him and they don't mind offering him a big contract. It's a no brainer they will make money off of that deal. That's besides the point. He has the opportunity to play somewhere that he has the chance to win. I don't think he should turn that down.

The part about Toronto offering mucho moola was not directed at you.

And even though I talked about fanbase in my last post, I doubt it factors in that much. Fans are important with regard to revenue, but very few players decide what team they want to join based on fan enthusiasm. Miami's a hotspot for free agents, even though they have maybe the worst, most fairweather fans in all of creation. No one wants to play in Utah, even though their fans are almost psychotic in their support for their team.

With that said, there's a difference between being Steve Nash: Canadian baller who plays mostly in the U.S., and Steve Nash: Great Canadian Hero Who Also Plays Half of His Games in Canada (And Also Makes $10 Million More Per Year). If he were to play in Canada, the already-rabid support would be ratcheted up even further. And that's pretty awesome.

Frank Foley
07-01-2012, 05:41 PM
IMO, money is not everything, I understand that to some people it is....again it is about preference.

My biggest point about Toronto's offer is that I do not believe there is another team that would offer more than $6 million per year for 3 years...not with the current CBA, not at his age. They are ensuring that their team will be nothing more than a novelty. They could have blown away the competition at $8 million per year for 2 years.

Me personally would go for the championship and not even briefly consider the money.

I agree that an $8 million/year offer would have been better than what anyone else could have offered (except maybe Dallas). But their intent wasn't just to have the best offer, because that might not have been enough: they wanted to give such an awesome presentation that it overrode Nash's loyalty to Phoenix, or his championship aspirations with [insert playoff team here]. Hence the video from The Great One, and the implication that he would basically own all of Canada, etc.

I don't doubt that you feel the way you do re: championships, but where there's a difference of about $30 million, almost anyone ever would have to give it consideration. And it's not wrong, and it's not due to vice or avarice. For a dude who's coming off a divorce, that means a fresh start. He also knows in the back of his mind that he will never, ever get another chance to make that kind of money again. He's been a loyal dude and a class act his entire career; I'd say he's entitled to whatever he goes on to earn, and I won't judge him for it.

dd24
07-01-2012, 06:05 PM
It sounds like Dallas just offered him a 2 year deal in case the Williams thing doesn't happen for them. I'm not sure about how much money they were talking but I just heard it on ESPN.

DKLaker
07-01-2012, 07:16 PM
I agree that an $8 million/year offer would have been better than what anyone else could have offered (except maybe Dallas). But their intent wasn't just to have the best offer, because that might not have been enough: they wanted to give such an awesome presentation that it overrode Nash's loyalty to Phoenix, or his championship aspirations with [insert playoff team here]. Hence the video from The Great One, and the implication that he would basically own all of Canada, etc.

I don't doubt that you feel the way you do re: championships, but where there's a difference of about $30 million, almost anyone ever would have to give it consideration. And it's not wrong, and it's not due to vice or avarice. For a dude who's coming off a divorce, that means a fresh start. He also knows in the back of his mind that he will never, ever get another chance to make that kind of money again. He's been a loyal dude and a class act his entire career; I'd say he's entitled to whatever he goes on to earn, and I won't judge him for it.

Let me put it this way......if the Lakers right now amnestied Kobe and only 2 teams wanted him, do you think he would take $36 million to play in Canada over $10 million to play for the Heat or OKC????
I say Kobe who is all about winning and is "Obsessed" with getting his 6th ring....or more, would definitely go for the ring.

Some guys like T-Mac and Joe Johnson would rather be "The Man" on a non-title teams than win a title. Me....I'm all about championships so I don't get these guys. Besides, they get a crapload of money from endorsements.....more than enough to live on.

B
07-01-2012, 10:17 PM
Frank Foley nailed it.

In addition to what he said, I can see Nash going to the Raptors. He's been on title caliber teams, he's been close enough to the Finals to smell it, he's won awards he's already been a team leader and won a lot of games as a team leader.

He knows ring chasing is far from a sure thing. I can see him easily taking the money and fattening up his wallet for post NBA life. There's quite a few guys who know having a ring doesn't define them and a ring won as a chaser is not as satisfying as one won as a key figure.

Nash strikes me as a person who would be content without a ring, he's HOF bound he's had an amazing career why not end it in Canadian city. Kind of a child hood dream coming full circle.

takai
07-02-2012, 03:17 AM
[QUOTE=B

magic chiongson
07-02-2012, 05:58 AM
do we have a trade machine thread? combining rumors regarding lakers the past few days, what do you guys think about these? :D

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gegw9x

magic get almost equal value in bynum and martin as an expirer. lakers get howard and a good point guard + fillers. rockets gets pau + young piece. wolves get a good defensive center to pair with love

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6t46vlt

i don't really like this one..we get dwight & iggy for pacu & bynum. philly gets what they want (if they do want gasol) and orlando gets bynum

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wgfdpz

we instantly get young and athletic after dealing pau. wolves should be happy with this thread but i'm not so sure bout how much philly values thadeus young. still doesnt solve our point guard problem though

----

the 1st deal should make everyone happy...assuming dwight gives in :D

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 09:53 AM
If Bynum wasnt a head case as well....

DKLaker
07-02-2012, 11:32 AM
do we have a trade machine thread? combining rumors regarding lakers the past few days, what do you guys think about these? :D

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7gegw9x

magic get almost equal value in bynum and martin as an expirer. lakers get howard and a good point guard + fillers. rockets gets pau + young piece. wolves get a good defensive center to pair with love

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=6t46vlt

i don't really like this one..we get dwight & iggy for pacu & bynum. philly gets what they want (if they do want gasol) and orlando gets bynum

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=7wgfdpz

we instantly get young and athletic after dealing pau. wolves should be happy with this thread but i'm not so sure bout how much philly values thadeus young. still doesnt solve our point guard problem though

----

the 1st deal should make everyone happy...assuming dwight gives in :D

I'm starting to wonder if Dwight really cares about winning, it seems like he only wants to be THE STAR on a team :banghead:

When is the ESPN site ever going to update that crap to reflect the correct remaining years and 2012-13 salaries, that thing is a year behind.

Yes, the 1st deal works for me.

lakerfreak
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I'm starting to wonder if Dwight really cares about winning, it seems like he only wants to be THE STAR on a team :banghead:

When is the ESPN site ever going to update that crap to reflect the correct remaining years and 2012-13 salaries, that thing is a year behind.

I question that too. He wants to go somewhere where he can start his own legacy. I think that he had everything in Orlando. It was a matter of time before he reached the finals again.

The man doesn't know what he wants. I feel bad for the nets too. Look at how much they have been waiting on this situation. This could be 2 years potentially on them waiting up for one guy, who is average offensively, to make up his mind. I wouldn't be surprised if Dwight went over to NJ, and didn't like it anymore suddenly.

On the other hand, he keeps saying he'd leave the lakers if he got here. What if they won a championship? If he left, he would definitely have that label of not caring.

takai
07-02-2012, 01:42 PM
See, I don't really want to trade Blake. I like that guy a lot, plus he's clutch when we need him to be. So if it was possible, I'd like to keep him and trade someone else.

He's just doing this whole thing for attention. The guy is a complete attention whore and on his way to being the most hated player in the NBA.

DirtySanchez
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Maybe Dwight is doing LeBron a favor????

takai
07-02-2012, 02:50 PM
Maybe Dwight is doing LeBron a favor????
:oldlol: :lebronamazed:

DKLaker
07-02-2012, 03:33 PM
See, I don't really want to trade Blake. I like that guy a lot, plus he's clutch when we need him to be. So if it was possible, I'd like to keep him and trade someone else.

He's just doing this whole thing for attention. The guy is a complete attention whore and on his way to being the most hated player in the NBA.

Blake????? Do you mean STEVE BLAKE???? Of the Lakers????????
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: Eh.........ok :oldlol:

Yeah, Dwight has some deep mental issues, the entire league should just ignore him and his antics. He makes Bynum look like a mature adult :oldlol:

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-02-2012, 03:34 PM

I seriously think he doesnt care about winning. I dont know what has the Net's owner promised him. There is 1 thing to be obsessed about going to a winning team but going to a lottery team is far worse. Him & Deron are not going to get past the Miami heat or Chicago Bulls(When rose comes back) nor the reloaded celtics....

I have never seen a player who is so against playing for the lakers...never....people die to play for the lakers...this is 1st one....

why did he waive the eto then???? its so confusing :facepalm

win some with kobe as option 2 and when the time comes take over the most popular team in basketball history or rot with Brooklyn nets???

easy answer if you ask me

dd24
07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
The Nets also had a ton of injuries last year. They wouldn't have made the playoffs but they would have had a much better record, so I definitely think he can win in Brooklyn. With Williams, Wallace, and Howard they would be right there with Miami and Chicago. I don't think they could make it past them in a seven game series though, so that's the part that doesn't make sense. LA with Howard + the other tweaks they make would be the favorite to win it. Wouldn't it be cheaper for Howard to live in LA than NY too??? Not to mention the weather is better out here. Does anybody think that Prokhorov might be offering these guys something "outside" of an NBA contract? Maybe while they're vacationing in Russia he slips them some side cash, etc?

DKLaker
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
The Nets also had a ton of injuries last year. They wouldn't have made the playoffs but they would have had a much better record, so I definitely think he can win in Brooklyn. With Williams, Wallace, and Howard they would be right there with Miami and Chicago. I don't think they could make it past them in a seven game series though, so that's the part that doesn't make sense. LA with Howard + the other tweaks they make would be the favorite to win it. Wouldn't it be cheaper for Howard to live in LA than NY too??? Not to mention the weather is better out here. Does anybody think that Prokhorov might be offering these guys something "outside" of an NBA contract? Maybe while they're vacationing in Russia he slips them some side cash, etc?

I'm sure he is slipping things to them.......wouldn't you :oldlol:

takai
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
How about this trade idea?
http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=79qmgvf

I think the Lakers get better and younger. Think Timberwolves go for it?
I really don't like the idea of giving up Blake. But getting Kevin Love would be fantastic, I doubt Minnesota will ever give him up though.

But it looks like the Lakers get the best deal here. So I doubt this would ever happen.

DKLaker
07-03-2012, 03:28 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Come on man :roll: :wtf: :oldlol:

I appreciate that you have a very active imagination, busy fingers and a computer but....:oldlol:

bladefd
07-04-2012, 12:49 AM

LOL!!! dude, you got me in tears laughing at that trade you plugged into trademachine. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Only the Lakers would agree to that. Terrible for everyone else involved. :oldlol:

kkinchen
07-04-2012, 12:54 AM
Whatever we do, I hope we don't sign Steve Nash like all this talk has been circulating. He is garbage on defense, and a queer, literally. Plus we need to get younger and more athletic at that position to deal with the Westbrook's and Parker's of the western conference.

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 12:57 AM

:applause: :roll: :applause: :oldlol:

DirtySanchez
07-04-2012, 06:06 PM
So Nash was blocked by Suns owner

Dwight still up in the air

R Lewis has a mutual interest to hop on board

A Jamieson is busting as well

Snoop tweeted Mayo

Then there is Gasol to Rockets or Minny.....

Anything else I miss???

BallsOut
07-04-2012, 06:29 PM
So Nash was blocked by Suns owner

Dwight still up in the air

R Lewis has a mutual interest to hop on board

A Jamieson is busting as well

Snoop tweeted Mayo

Then there is Gasol to Rockets or Minny.....

Anything else I miss???

Gasol has also strikened interest from Philly and Atlanta. Lakers signed Ebanks and Morris so far.

DirtySanchez
07-04-2012, 07:06 PM
Gasol has also strikened interest from Philly and Atlanta. Lakers signed Ebanks and Morris so far.

So basically not a gay damn thing!!!!! Lolz

DirtySanchez
07-05-2012, 01:33 AM
So first move....we got Nash!!!!!!

Awww yeah if Dwight is smart he will come!!!!

takai
07-05-2012, 01:41 AM
I heard we don't want him, we'd rather keep Bynum. Such a terrible move by us.

BallsOut
07-05-2012, 01:47 AM
So first move....we got Nash!!!!!!

Awww yeah if Dwight is smart he will come!!!!

lol funny how nothing happened then all of a sudden Nash happened :D

$LakerGold
07-05-2012, 09:42 AM
I feel like Josh Mcroberts aint solid enough for Pau's back-up... idk why..

Back up PG and PF.
I wouldn't mind keeping blake though, he just has to step up his game a little bit.

DKLaker
07-05-2012, 11:24 AM

When the dust finally cleared, Steve Nash agreed with me........go for the ring, screw the money!!!!!!!!! Now no one can say he doesn't care about winning a championship :applause: :cheers: :applause:

No disrespect with playing in Canada but........if you eliminated the top 15 teams in the NBA the Raptors still wouldn't win a title with Nash :oldlol:
Didn't make sense to go out that way.

dd24
07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
When the dust finally cleared, Steve Nash agreed with me........go for the ring, screw the money!!!!!!!!! Now no one can say he doesn't care about winning a championship :applause: :cheers: :applause:

No disrespect with playing in Canada but........if you eliminated the top 15 teams in the NBA the Raptors still wouldn't win a title with Nash :oldlol:
Didn't make sense to go out that way.

Absolutely! The guy still can't defend any PG in the NBA, but it's been a long time since LA has had someone who can run an offense at that position. If the Lakers can land Howard somehow, they'll be the favorites.

DirtySanchez
07-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Unrestricted free agent Grant Hill is "leaning towards" signing with the Lakers.
This news comes from the same source who broke the Steve Nash to Lakers deal, so we're inclined to take it seriously. Hill has reportedly received convincing recruiting pitches from Nash and Kobe Bryant, and those are two guys who can be awfully hard to turn down. If signed, Hill would be a savvy pickup for Los Angeles.
Related: Lakers
Source: John Gambadoro on Twitter
Jul 16 - 12:06 PM

Looks like Grant Hill is coming!

Bosnian Sajo
07-16-2012, 01:28 PM
Looks like Grant Hill is coming!

Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/Goudelock/Odom
Metta/GHill/Ebanks/Eyenga
Gasol/McBob
Bynum/Sacre

atm this is what our roster looks like, Im guessing we are also gonna resign Barnes so that makes us have 15 players. Sacre and Eyenga will probably get dropped so that the team has room for any other veterans who wanna join the team. But man, whens the last time our team was this old? 2004? :lol

Lakers_Kobe_Fan
07-16-2012, 02:56 PM
Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/Goudelock/Odom
Gasol/McBob
Bynum/Sacre

atm this is what our roster looks like, Im guessing we are also gonna resign Barnes so that makes us have 15 players. Sacre and Eyenga will probably get dropped so that the team has room for any other veterans who wanna join the team. But man, whens the last time our team was this old? 2004? :lol

why not do a S&T for both J Hill/B Rush he can backup both 2/3, is athletic and has outside shot

G hill is good name and all but I dont know when he can go down and retire...

a bench of
blake
rush
ebanks
jamison
Mcroberts/scare/vet ...i would prefer to dump Mcroberts on anybody willing to take him for free

would be really good...

DKLaker
07-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Nash/Blake/Morris
Kobe/Goudelock/Odom
Gasol/McBob
Bynum/Sacre

atm.....LMAO :roll: :roll:
You took his name to the next level :roll: :roll:
You guys are outta control :oldlol:

I'm gonna pimp slap the next person who mentions 2004 :pimp: :oldlol:

Bosnian Sajo
07-16-2012, 07:02 PM
atm.....LMAO :roll: :roll:
You took his name to the next level :roll: :roll:
You guys are outta control :oldlol:

I'm gonna pimp slap the next person who mentions 2004 :pimp: :oldlol:

I don't understand what your getting it :coleman:

DKLaker
07-16-2012, 11:23 PM
I don't understand what your getting it :coleman:

Hahaha.....u know what I mean, some guys may not know what his name means but more know what a-to-m (atm) means :roll: :roll: :roll:

dd24
07-17-2012, 03:04 PM
The Lakers are working out Jermaine O'Neal and are still interested in Jordan Hill too.

Marc J. Spears: Lakers could be landing forward Antawn Jamison & center Jermaine O'Neal to minimum deals, sources tell Y! Jordan Hill interest remains, too. Twitter

They really do need a backup for Bynum. Sacre isn't going to cut it. Of course O'Neal only plays about 25 games per season.... I'm sure he'd only see really limited minutes anyhow. There's going to be times where the Lakers play small and use Pau at C too.

Dictator
07-17-2012, 09:23 PM
Remind me again, why is LA even thinking about trading for Bynum?

dd24
07-18-2012, 03:06 AM

Because they can get Dwight Howard potentially and he's a better C :cheers: If they can land Dwight they should. If not, the Lakers are still a really good team.

kobesabi
07-18-2012, 09:31 PM
Because Dwight plays defense and hungry for championship...Bynum defense is like a box of chocolate and is already stuffed with championshrimp

-Forest Gump

DKLaker
07-18-2012, 10:52 PM
Because Dwight plays defense and hungry for championship...Bynum defense is like a box of chocolate and is already stuffed with championshrimp

-Forest Gump

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Pretty good :cheers:

DKLaker
07-18-2012, 11:33 PM
How would you guys feel about Aaron Brooks for the Mini-MLE???
Nothing has been rumored, just a thought in my head. I would love it!!!

dd24
07-18-2012, 11:47 PM
How would you guys feel about Aaron Brooks for the Mini-MLE???
Nothing has been rumored, just a thought in my head. I would love it!!!

I thought he signed with Sacramento. If he didn't yet, there's a verbal agreement there already.

DKLaker
07-18-2012, 11:53 PM
I thought he signed with Sacramento. If he didn't yet, there's a verbal agreement there already.

Yep.....yesterday, I completely missed it :facepalm :oldlol:

DKLaker
07-19-2012, 02:45 PM
What I'm most excited about is.......no not the Dwightmare crap.......I don't care if we get him or keep Bynum.
I am excited that we have the Mini-MLE left to use and there are still several very good free agents we can get for it....I'd even take Shannon Brown for our bench........things are really looking good!!!!

magicmanfan
07-19-2012, 04:45 PM
What I'm most excited about is.......no not the Dwightmare crap.......I don't care if we get him or keep Bynum.
I am excited that we have the Mini-MLE left to use and there are still several very good free agents we can get for it....I'd even take Shannon Brown for our bench........things are really looking good!!!!

If we don't sign Jordan Hill, maybe we need that mini-MLE for a big? :confusedshrug:

lakerfreak
07-19-2012, 06:50 PM
Mitch Kuptchak made it a point to say that the mini midlevel will go untouched.

In the past when he said things like this, he was right.

Wow if Dwight comes, mitch will have brought dwight, nash, and antawn jamison in one off season. Amazing. That beats Danny Ainge getting KG and Ray Allen.

DKLaker
07-19-2012, 06:56 PM

Wow if Dwight comes, mitch will have brought dwight, nash, and antawn jamison in one off season. Amazing. That beats Danny Ainge getting KG and Ray Allen.

IMO we are really going to need the Mini MLE to get another scorer for the bench.....we are 1 guy short right now with the addition of Jamison, it would be a damn shame to blow it just over that amount. Mitch hopes we can get "That Guy"without touching it but I do not believe it.

Hmm....Nate Robinson at vet minimum or S&T for Rush???

kobesabi
07-19-2012, 07:38 PM

For Nash, maybe Jim Buss should get the partial credit for that over Mitch.

lakerfreak
07-20-2012, 06:11 AM
IMO we are really going to need the Mini MLE to get another scorer for the bench.....we are 1 guy short right now with the addition of Jamison, it would be a damn shame to blow it just over that amount. Mitch hopes we can get "That Guy"without touching it but I do not believe it.

Hmm....Nate Robinson at vet minimum or S&T for Rush???

perhaps trade some of that dead weight if we can. McRoberts. I completely forgot that guy was on the team. He isn't actually trash either. Who knows? Maybe we could get something for him.

DKLaker
07-20-2012, 03:45 PM
perhaps trade some of that dead weight if we can. McRoberts. I completely forgot that guy was on the team. He isn't actually trash either. Who knows? Maybe we could get something for him.

Remember the beginning of last season? McRoberts was playing beautiful basketball, I was amazed at how he and Kobe clicked on the court, Kobe really trusted him and he was finishing at the rim very well.
Once he got hurt, Mike Brown refused to play him for most of the rest of the season....just one more thing that pissed me off about MB :rant :mad:
The guy can play if he's allowed to.

dd24
07-20-2012, 04:07 PM
I like McRoberts. I think he's a good guy to have coming off the bench. I've been thinking about the Mike Brown thing too.... here's one thing that's really going to annoy me. When the Lakers are better this season because they have a better team then people are going to think that Brown is somehow less of an idiot, when really it will be because the players are out there doing their own thing. People talked about how Brown was going to change up their offensive schemes, lol. No he's not. Steve Nash will orchestrate everything. It will be his offense to run.

DKLaker
07-20-2012, 04:36 PM
I like McRoberts. I think he's a good guy to have coming off the bench. I've been thinking about the Mike Brown thing too.... here's one thing that's really going to annoy me. When the Lakers are better this season because they have a better team then people are going to think that Brown is somehow less of an idiot, when really it will be because the players are out there doing their own thing. People talked about how Brown was going to change up their offensive schemes, lol. No he's not. Steve Nash will orchestrate everything. It will be his offense to run.

Yeah, all the guys who have no clue will be saying "SEE!!!!" :facepalm :facepalm

Oh well. bottom line is that as long as he lets Nash and Kobe run the show we have a great shot at the title.....despite the idiot coach.

bladefd
07-20-2012, 09:39 PM
It looks like Jordan Hill just took a paycut to re-sign with Lakers. Apparently, he wants to play with Steve Nash.. Man, it's great to have Steve Nash on the team.. one of the most respected players in the nba..

Hill will sign an two-year deal, worth "a little less" than $8 million, a league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Friday. Hill's decision came down to the Lakers and the Minnesota Timberwolves, with Hill accepting less money to stay in L.A., according to the source. The contract also includes incentives that can increase his overall compensation.

"Jordan is excited to play with Steve Nash and has the utmost respect for Kobe Bryant," Bradbury told ESPNLosAngeles.com. "With Mitch Kupchak and Mike Brown taking a chance on him last year at the trade deadline, he feels like he has some unfinished business with the Lakers and can't wait to compete for a championship."

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8185656/source-forward-jordan-hill-sign-two-year-deal-los-angeles-lakers

dd24
07-20-2012, 09:44 PM
It looks like Jordan Hill just took a paycut to re-sign with Lakers. Apparently, he wants to play with Steve Nash.. Man, it's great to have Steve Nash on the team.. one of the most respected players in the nba..

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8185656/source-forward-jordan-hill-sign-two-year-deal-los-angeles-lakers

This is good to hear. It does feel like the Lakers have an unbalance of front court depth as compared to the guards now though.

DKLaker
07-20-2012, 10:00 PM

Seems a little high.......even with the T-Wolves offering more, but I am happy to have him back :applause:

Now we just need to pick up a bench shooter.

lakerfreak
07-20-2012, 10:56 PM
Remember the beginning of last season? McRoberts was playing beautiful basketball, I was amazed at how he and Kobe clicked on the court, Kobe really trusted him and he was finishing at the rim very well.
Once he got hurt, Mike Brown refused to play him for most of the rest of the season....just one more thing that pissed me off about MB :rant :mad:
The guy can play if he's allowed to.

Yes, and at that time as well, our offense was suffering. McRoberts wasn't an offense guy. He did have a very high IQ. Unfortunately I felt he was too unselfish.

At that time, MB elected to use troy murphy. His defense was trash, but I remember him hitting so many open shots. He wasn't afraid to shoot the shot either. You and I am sure can agree that the offense was not up to par. So having Murphy hit those open shots was a bit more valuable at the time.

Afterwards, when we started using Jordan Hill, I had felt he was a better option to use than McRoberts. What do you think about that?

lakerfreak
07-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Seems a little high.......even with the T-Wolves offering more, but I am happy to have him back :applause:

Now we just need to pick up a bench shooter.

You know, I've been thinking about that. We tend to forget what we have. Last year as a rookie, I felt Goudelock was a very good option because of the "quick offense". He did very well for a rookie drafted late.

Perhaps if he'd been working on his game this off season, since he now knows what to expect and has that experience under his belt, he can average 12 off the bench with someone like Jamison.

In my opinion, our bench has the potential to be set. If MB uses a 9 man rotation of Blake, Goudelock, Jamison, and Hill off the bench, I'd say maybe we have everything we need!

DKLaker
07-20-2012, 11:25 PM
Yes, and at that time as well, our offense was suffering. McRoberts wasn't an offense guy. He did have a very high IQ. Unfortunately I felt he was too unselfish.

At that time, MB elected to use troy murphy. His defense was trash, but I remember him hitting so many open shots. He wasn't afraid to shoot the shot either. You and I am sure can agree that the offense was not up to par. So having Murphy hit those open shots was a bit more valuable at the time.

Afterwards, when we started using Jordan Hill, I had felt he was a better option to use than McRoberts. What do you think about that?

Again......yes, you are right however if Brown knew how to properly use him he would be an offense guy. McRoberts was at his best moving without the ball....Kobe began to look for him diving to the basket and it was working very well. Brown having all the tools to run a great offense is like giving a 2 year old a laptop :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Don't expect high quality results :oldlol:

dd24
07-20-2012, 11:28 PM
You know, I've been thinking about that. We tend to forget what we have. Last year as a rookie, I felt Goudelock was a very good option because of the "quick offense". He did very well for a rookie drafted late.

Perhaps if he'd been working on his game this off season, since he now knows what to expect and has that experience under his belt, he can average 12 off the bench with someone like Jamison.

In my opinion, our bench has the potential to be set. If MB uses a 9 man rotation of Blake, Goudelock, Jamison, and Hill off the bench, I'd say maybe we have everything we need!

Goudelock wasn't very impressive in summer league. He shot 23% from the 3 pt line and averaged less than 10 ppg. Darius Morris actually played far better. Of course, the Lakers summer league team in general wasn't all that impressive. I'm not expecting much from any of the young guys.

DKLaker
07-20-2012, 11:28 PM

I really don't trust Brown to properly use his bench.....I don't know if he'll consistently give Goudelock playing time. Now that we signed Hill and Jamison I can very easily see a McRoberts for Rush deal happening.

dd24
07-20-2012, 11:32 PM

When Jordan Hill was at his best he was better than McRoberts at his best. Not that McRoberts isn't good or anything. I don't see how Brown is going to be able to substitute in Hill, Jamison, and McRoberts while still keeping Bynum & Gasol happy with PT. Jamison probably wants 15-20 minutes per game. With the investment we just made in Hill he should get about the same. It feels like McRoberts could potentially get traded. I'm sure there's teams out there that would love to have him. The Lakers desperately need a backup guard too. They're so thin on the bench at G it seems like a solid combo guard would be a good fit.

DKLaker
07-20-2012, 11:33 PM
Goudelock wasn't very impressive in summer league. He shot 23% from the 3 pt line and averaged less than 10 ppg. Darius Morris actually played far better. Of course, the Lakers summer league team in general wasn't all that impressive. I'm not expecting much from any of the young guys.

I don't take ANYTHING seriously that happens in Summer League.....good or bad. Goudelock already has a spot on the team so he was probably just using S.L to get back into shape. I've seen way too many S.L superstars turn into immediate NBA busts.

dd24
07-20-2012, 11:34 PM
Looks like DK and I were posting at the same time, lol. Yeah, it really seems like McRoberts could be part of a deal.

DKLaker
07-20-2012, 11:36 PM
Looks like DK and I were posting at the same time, lol. Yeah, it really seems like McRoberts could be part of a deal.

LOL....we are on the exact same page bro :cheers:

dd24
07-20-2012, 11:37 PM
I don't take ANYTHING seriously that happens in Summer League.....good or bad. Goudelock already has a spot on the team so he was probably just using S.L to get back into shape. I've seen way too many S.L superstars turn into immediate NBA busts.

I know it's not always true what happens in summer league happens during the season. There's plenty of guys that shine there that don't play well after that. The thing is Goudelock didn't play well. That was just a super poor summer league season for him. If he's not in shape then I don't know how his game would've got any better. That tells me he didn't put in the work this offseason.

Dictator
07-21-2012, 12:25 AM
:cheers: Glad we got JHill.

mariodeathgrip
07-21-2012, 02:40 AM
:cheers: Glad we got JHill.

:cheers:

Just found out!! Great news!!

dd24
07-21-2012, 05:37 AM
:cheers:

Just found out!! Great news!!

The spammers tried, it didn't happen......here's my name. Come get me!

All Net
07-21-2012, 08:26 PM
Very pleased Hill is returning.

Means Mcroberts is out soon.

BlueandGold
07-21-2012, 11:05 PM
Awesome victories so far in Hill, Jamison and Nash.. the only concern is that the Lakers now go from a solid defensive minded team (supposedly the only thing that Brown is good for) to a primary offensive minded team.

The question still remains.. is Brown competent enough to take this team to a title?

DirtySanchez
07-22-2012, 01:39 AM
Wow just relooked at my original post and saw how off I was.

So at the moment we have kept our core of Lobe Bynum and Gasol...kept Hill and signed Jamison and Steve Nash. Amazing!!!

And yes we can still swap out Bynum for Howard when all is said and done. Regardless.... Great offseason. We also still have half MLE right?

Can't wait till next season starts.

Bosnian Sajo
07-22-2012, 11:28 AM
Still hoping Matt Barnes comes back for us, what with Grant Hill signing with the Clips. And if we can trade McBob for Rush...well, this might very well be our best offseason since acquiring Shaq :lol

Serious though, everything is going right for us and we are filling our needs quite well. We needed a starting pg (Nash), a real sixth man (Jamison), and a solid bench (Blake/Rush/Barnes/Jamison/Hill)...very excited about next season :cheers:

LA.MJ&KB#1
07-22-2012, 02:01 PM
Still hoping Matt Barnes comes back for us, what with Grant Hill signing with the Clips. And if we can trade McBob for Rush...well, this might very well be our best offseason since acquiring Shaq :lol

Serious though, everything is going right for us and we are filling our needs quite well. We needed a starting pg (Nash), a real sixth man (Jamison), and a solid bench (Blake/Rush/Barnes/Jamison/Hill)...very excited about next season :cheers:

Rush, lets hope so:cheers:

DirtySanchez
07-22-2012, 03:11 PM
Rush, lets hope so:cheers:
I say that's a pipe dream but would be nice.

DirtySanchez
07-23-2012, 01:24 AM
Bradbury: "Jordan was excited about the fact that Steve Nash decided to join the Lakers and the prospect of winning a championship in LA."
5:58pm - 20 Jul 12

I guess we can thing Nash for getting us Hill back!!!

DKLaker
07-23-2012, 01:37 AM
I say that's a pipe dream but would be nice.

Not a pipe dream, if you look at who the Warriors signed and who they have you'll see that Rush is NOT in their plans for this season at all, he will definitely be moved......he will be moved for a PF or draft picks and since McRoberts is a PF, we have a legit shot.

magicmanfan
07-24-2012, 05:08 PM
we can't find a top 20 point guard to start, our bench is terrible.....

Well well well... Mitch solved the first of these two problems with MVP Nash!! (go Canada!!)

So far we've added Jamison (YES!!!) and resigned Jordan Hill (glad to have you back big man!!)

BUT the depth on the bench is still our weakness.....

Backups:

PG: Blake
SG: Goudlock
SF: Jamison, Eyenga
PF: Hill, McRoberts (and Jamison at times)
C: Sacre ????

Add Birdman and Mikael Pietrus and we have:

SG: Pietrus, Goudlock
C: Andersen, Sacre

I like it!!!! :cheers:

dd24
07-24-2012, 06:33 PM
The latest rumor is the Lakers have interest in Delonte West.

DKLaker
07-24-2012, 06:57 PM

This could be dangerous.......he and Metta may get their medication mixed up :oldlol: but seriously, I have him 3rd on my list behind Rush and Robinson.

Bosnian Sajo
07-24-2012, 07:57 PM

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/_/id/8196940/delonte-west-dallas-mavericks-agree-terms-new-contract-according-sources

lakerfreak
07-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Well well well... Mitch solved the first of these two problems with MVP Nash!! (go Canada!!)

So far we've added Jamison (YES!!!) and resigned Jordan Hill (glad to have you back big man!!)

BUT the depth on the bench is still our weakness.....

Backups:

SG: Goudlock
C: Sacre ????

Add Birdman and Mikael Pietrus and we have:

SG: Pietrus, Goudlock
C: Andersen, Sacre

I like it!!!! :cheers:

I like it too, but can we get birdman and pietrus for the minimum? Unless of course they were amnestied or something, then thats possible.