PDA

View Full Version : Drummond has fallen to 16th on the NBA mock draft

b1imtf
06-27-2012, 01:24 PM
http://www.nba.com/2012/news/features/david_aldridge/06/27/mock-draft-2012/?ls=iref:nbahpt1

Think he'll fall this far?

TMT
06-27-2012, 01:26 PM
From 5 to 16? No way this kid falls out of the lottery.

IGOTGAME
06-27-2012, 01:26 PM
people were dumb enough to let DeAndre Jordan fall that far. If he falls past 10 GMs are just dumb.

If he was falling that low I would expect LAL to pick up the phone and make a deal.

Kingwillball
06-27-2012, 01:31 PM
If He drops that far Heat should JUMP up and Grab him

GOBB
06-27-2012, 01:34 PM
people were dumb enough to let DeAndre Jordan fall that far. If he falls past 10 GMs are just dumb.

If he was falling that low I would expect LAL to pick up the phone and make a deal.

He would not fall past Sixers.

Rowe
06-27-2012, 01:35 PM
From 5 to 16? No way this kid falls out of the lottery.
Exactly. No way he gets past 9 to Detroit.

Rowe
06-27-2012, 01:37 PM
He would not fall past Sixers.
Very true.

After he got past 7 there would be teams falling over themselves to get him.

DStebb716
06-27-2012, 01:38 PM
Nobody is going to pass on him that much. What a hack.

Rowe
06-27-2012, 01:41 PM

DeAndre had no offensive game. Not even any potential to score.

He was being projected between 15-20 closer we got to the Draft.

Drummond has far better measurables and a semblance of an offensive game.

LoneyROY7
06-27-2012, 01:41 PM
Imagine if the Hornets end up with Davis and Drummond.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 01:43 PM

Yup... DJ fell from lottery to 35th pick in the draft. Even though he's been disappointing thus far he's a solid starting center so should have been drafted in teens, early 20's at least.

TMT
06-27-2012, 01:44 PM
If He drops that far Heat should JUMP up and Grab him

With what trade assets?

Rowe
06-27-2012, 01:45 PM
I've been thinking that scenario would come true all week.

b1imtf
06-27-2012, 01:46 PM
:bowdown:

Rowe
06-27-2012, 01:46 PM
With what trade assets?
Dexter Pittman. :lol

Sarcastic
06-27-2012, 01:47 PM
Drummond is already better than Deandre. There is no way he falls past the top 6 or 7.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 01:47 PM

I agree that Drummond is the better prospect in terms of his game. But same motor and work ethic issues/questions plagued them and physically I'm not so sure Drummond is the better prospect. The comparison is there though on some level, although Drummond is far more gifted.

DeAndre is 6'11 with a 7'6 wingspan. 2nd best wingspan and standing reach in NBA after Javale Mcgee. Not to mention he's a similar athlete. Drummond has an extra 2-3 inches on the vertical when comparing both at combine. Drummond has half an inch extra wingspan but gives up 4 inches on the standing reach which is far more important.

Physically and athletically Drummond is a heavier version of McGee and Jordan but without the reach. Jordan has an incredible 9'5.5" standing reach compared to Drummond who has a 9'1.5" standing reach.

Kingwillball
06-27-2012, 01:48 PM
With what trade assets?

Never Gonna happen but the 27 Pick along with next years #1 pick and or a Player.. Like I said all a pipe dream from him falling that far to the HEat Trading up to get him..But could U imagine an Athlete in the D12, Deandre jordan Mold in the Lineup next to Lebron, Wade, Bosh ect.. :rockon:

IGOTGAME
06-27-2012, 01:48 PM

I am just saying that Jordan was drafted in the second round. He should have been a first round pick by far...

Drummond has more talent imo and thus should be a top 10 pick easily. I wouldn't be shocked if he went 2 or 3.

TMT
06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Never Gonna happen but the 27 Pick along with next years #1 pick and or a Player.. Like I said all a pipe dream from him falling that far to the HEat Trading up to get him..But could U imagine an Athlete in the D12, Deandre jordan Mold in the Lineup next to Lebron, Wade, Bosh ect.. :rockon:

So two late first rounders and Pittman? That's some solid trade bait. :oldlol:
That's the problem with having three max players, the only talent you can surround them with are 2nd round steals or vets at the end of the road willing to take the minimum. Hate that dynamic, personally.

LoneyROY7
06-27-2012, 01:51 PM
I've been thinking that scenario would come true all week.

Heck of a burgeoning front-court to rebuild with...going into this season, thoughts of that kind of draft coup would have been absurd.

If it happens, it might help Drummond b/c the pressure will be off.

JohnnySic
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
LOL. This guy should go #1, if only people weren't so shortsighted. If he falls out of the top 5 much less 10 a lot of GM's should get fired.

LamarOdom
06-27-2012, 01:52 PM
I see people are discussing Miami trading for a higher pick but lets say he goes around 15 seeing how Sota tradad their 18th for Budinger shouldn't the Heat be able to trade Chalmers for a 13-14th pick?

But he won't go over 6-7 someone will definitely pick him.

GOBB
06-27-2012, 01:55 PM
Drummond could fall out of the top 6 picks. But out of lottery? No. As mentioned teams would trade up to secure him. I know Sixers would take him at 15. And I wouldnt be surprised if Drummond fell out of top 6 Sixers attempted to move up (as would others). Charlotte Bobcats could throw a curve ball in this draft and it takes just one team to reach or trade out of its spot so another team could reach for a guy to send a draft out of whack.

I can see Drummond going 7 or 8 and a team trading up to snag him. Not saying it will happen, just the shock and awe factor wouldnt be there if it did tomorrow.

Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, Tyler Zeller even Austin Rivers who is said to go lottery no doubt? Those are players that could slip out of lottery. Andre Drummond? Nah.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Drummond could fall out of the top 6 picks. But out of lottery? No. As mentioned teams would trade up to secure him. I know Sixers would take him at 15. And I wouldnt be surprised if Drummond fell out of top 6 Sixers attempted to move up (as would others). Charlotte Bobcats could throw a curve ball in this draft and it takes just one team to reach or trade out of its spot so another team could reach for a guy to send a draft out of whack.

I can see Drummond going 7 or 8 and a team trading up to snag him. Not saying it will happen, just the shock and awe factor wouldnt be there if it did tomorrow.

Perry Jones, Terrence Jones, Tyler Zeller even Austin Rivers who is said to go lottery no doubt? Those are players that could slip out of lottery. Andre Drummond? Nah.

I agree. Centers with skills are ALWAYS going to be lottery picks, especially with the hype behind him.

Kingwillball
06-27-2012, 01:58 PM
LOL. This guy should go #1, if only people weren't so shortsighted. If he falls out of the top 5 much less 10 a lot of GM's should get fired.

Nope Anthony Davis a MUCH better Prospect overall.

ShaqAttack3234
06-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Well, he's extremely raw. He has a lot of physical talent, but no skills right now, and he's very foul prone. I really think he'd benefit from staying an extra year or 2. He could turn out to be great, but kids who are this raw, especially big men always worry me. No matter how physically gifted they are, they still run the risk of being a bust.

GOBB
06-27-2012, 02:00 PM
Drummond is already better than Deandre. There is no way he falls past the top 6 or 7.

Better how? Potential, upside is one thing. Saying he is better right now is another. I'd take Michael Kidd-Gilchrist over Andre Iguodala right now. But to say MGK is already better is wrong. Get the point? Pretty sure you do.

Drummond coud very well end up Deandre Jordan. Folks are hoping (like they did with Deandre) he develops his raw offense. And that his motor and work ethic dont hold true where some are questioning it.

TMT
06-27-2012, 02:01 PM

I just see no chance of him getting into the double digits, much less the teens. Too much talent and potential to pass up on. I personally think Rivers and Zeller should be in the 20's somewhere.

GOBB
06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
I just see no chance of him getting into the double digits, much less the teens. Too much talent and potential to pass up on. I personally think Rivers and Zeller should be in the 20's somewhere.

I dont either considering GSW, Toronto and Detroit have been among teams involved in trade rumors with their pick.

Agreed with Zeller. Rivers I dont know, think teens would be a good place for him honestly. He probably has the best ball handling and ability to create his own offense than anyone in the draft.

Cant wait for the draft because a guy like Rivers could go as high as to make us say :wtf: or low as to say :eek: . I could be wrong but I think this draft wont turn out how some project it too.

Salazaar
06-27-2012, 02:06 PM
David Aldridge is my favorite nba.com writer, I have a lot of respect for him, but this is just flat out stupid... If Drummond falls that low.. No, it's impossible.

TMT
06-27-2012, 02:13 PM
I dont either considering GSW, Toronto and Detroit have been among teams involved in trade rumors with their pick.

Agreed with Zeller. Rivers I dont know, think teens would be a good place for him honestly. He probably has the best ball handling and ability to create his own offense than anyone in the draft.

Cant wait for the draft because a guy like Rivers could go as high as to make us say :wtf: or low as to say :eek: . I could be wrong but I think this draft wont turn out how some project it too.

I just fail to see how Rivers could be as great as everyone perceives him to be because of his size, he's not really a point guard at all. At best he would be like a smaller Monta Ellis. I'm sure it would be awesome if the Celtics traded up for him and we got to see the father-son dynamic next season, especially with Allen and possibly Garnett moving on.

I definitely agree with you though. This is certainly one of the most unique drafts in the last while. So much talent, but that talent isn't separated into as strict categories and levels as more recent drafts. It's more widespread across the board. If that makes any sense at all. :oldlol:

Rowe
06-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Miami doesn't really need a young C.

They should try to get a backup SG who can fill in for Wade. Specifically Will Barton. He's a confident guy who can create his own shot, unlike their reserve guards/forwards.

fatboy11
06-27-2012, 02:19 PM
As long as they still have the pick, Houston would never let him get past them at #14.

GOBB
06-27-2012, 02:52 PM
I just fail to see how Rivers could be as great as everyone perceives him to be because of his size, he's not really a point guard at all. At best he would be like a smaller Monta Ellis. I'm sure it would be awesome if the Celtics traded up for him and we got to see the father-son dynamic next season, especially with Allen and possibly Garnett moving on.

Yeah I see Austin Rivers as a Lou Williams myself. I dont think Rivers is a special talent. Upside to be better than Lou Williams. Better (more consistent) shooter, passer and defender perhaps. Not sure. When I see Rivers who excels in iso situations, I see Lou who also excels in iso situations.

I could be off. That would be nuts if Boston landed him. :oldlol:

I definitely agree with you though. This is certainly one of the most unique drafts in the last while. So much talent, but that talent isn't separated into as strict categories and levels as more recent drafts. It's more widespread across the board. If that makes any sense at all. :oldlol:

It makes perfect sense man. Thats why I'm hyped about this draft. :cheers:

2nd round is gonna be interesting too.

JohnnySic
11-04-2015, 08:19 AM
I'll just leave this here, and make way for the firing squad. http://www.opticstalk.com/smileys/Marching.gif

plowking
11-04-2015, 08:36 AM
I remember before the draft I said he'd be the best player in the draft.

Not better than Davis yet, but it sure is close in terms of impact on the court. He isn't anywhere near as polished, but dude is just a handful out there.

FreezingTsmoove
11-04-2015, 10:16 AM
Freaking retards. I clearly remember Drummond being consensus number one for a while when he was in HS

Rake2204
11-04-2015, 11:11 AM
Freaking retards. I clearly remember Drummond being consensus number one for a while when he was in HSI can see where a lot of the hesitance and criticism came from. Drummond has some pretty obvious and apparent shortcomings.

One of the biggest was his sleepy "I'm not sure if I even like playing" presentation through his college and early years. He was also out of shape and foul prone for his first two years in the NBA. There were a lot of nights of him virtually with his hands on his knees during live action after one or two minutes of semi-continuous play. One can assume he'd grow out of those things, but it'd have been silly for teams to not take notice of the potential downfalls.

Also, he's still the worst free throw shooter of all-time and his offensive touch outside of four feet is non-existent.

Thankfully, he can beast so hard in other aspects that it mostly compensates for the shortcomings, but again, I can see where the criticisms and worry could come from.