PDA

View Full Version : Ask 2 Knowledgable Blazer Announcers Anything (Mike & Mike)

Mike Rice
06-27-2012, 04:03 PM
First of all, we know Portland is the greatest city on Earth, also known as the Holy Land. It brings great joy to myself to be apart of this franchise and this great city. With great fans, great citizens, and with the lowest crime rate in the world. We are blessed.

That said, ask away. Discuss the greatness of Brandon Roy, or Boom Boom Batum, or the strongest, most athletic, most versatile big that this game has ever seen, LaMarcus Aldridge.

Also, we know the NBA Draft is coming up, and Portland gets to select #6, yes we did get screwed, we should have had a higher pick, BUT, the NBA forgot the Nets would have had our pick, so in the end, it payed off. With this pick, we are gonna make the most terrific selection in the draft, with the greatest player in the draft.. in Damian Lillard. He is already the most athletic player in the league, with the speed of DRose and Westbrook combined, with a jumpshot that would put Reggie Miller and Ray Allen to shame.. and a passing ability to make Nash look like a preschool child. It is with great pleasure to draft the greatest player since we have seen with LaMarcus Aldridge, and Brandon Roy.

http://www.csnnw.com/sportsnetCSNNW/thumbnails/Sportsnet_-_Northwest/95/252/0615LillardPitchtoFans-CSNNWWebOutput_640x360_2246310071.jpg

Deuce Bigalow
06-27-2012, 04:15 PM
Booooooom shakalaka

Mr Exlax
06-27-2012, 04:23 PM
Is it fair to say that you guys have the worst medical staff in sports history? Would one have to have some type of degree to get on with the Trailblazers medical staff or is it just show up and get in?

Rnbizzle
06-27-2012, 04:26 PM
While your description of Lillard is ridiculous, I do like him as a player.

Crown&Coke
06-27-2012, 04:39 PM
While your description of Lillard is ridiculous, I do like him as a player.

I really hope he was exaggerating, otherwise his thread title is massively misleading

And Lilllard is going to do well, just tone it down a bit, because that shit is beyone ridiculous

Mike Rice
06-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Booooooom shakalaka

Haha, indeed!

Is it fair to say that you guys have the worst medical staff in sports history? Would one have to have some type of degree to get on with the Trailblazers medical staff or is it just show up and get in?

Mr. Exlax,

My broadcast partner Mike Barrett and I, went through a serious investigation a few months ago. In this investigation, we found out that the hardwood in our fabulous arena has been tampered with by someone within the NBA. The wood was cracked and would allow players to easily trip and fall and break their knees. David Stern knew that the trio of Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden, would win so many championships that they would overshadow Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, etc, and that they would not be able to advertise them anymore.

To answer your question, no. Infact, we have one of the better medical staff team in the league.

It should be noted that David Stern declined to comment about our investigation, and even threatened to sue us if we told the media about this fixed league.

Mr Exlax
06-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Haha, indeed!

Mr. Exlax,

My broadcast partner Mike Barrett and I, went through a serious investigation a few months ago. In this investigation, we found out that the hardwood in our fabulous arena has been tampered with by someone within the NBA. The wood was cracked and would allow players to easily trip and fall and break their knees. David Stern knew that the trio of Brandon Roy, LaMarcus Aldridge and Greg Oden, would win so many championships that they would overshadow Michael Jordan, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, etc, and that they would not be able to advertise them anymore.

To answer your question, no. Infact, we have one of the better medical staff team in the league.

It should be noted that David Stern declined to comment about our investigation, and even threatened to sue us if we told the media about this fixed league.

Well then that makes perfect sense. I just knew an organizaton's luck just couldn't be that bad lol. When the even the coach got hurt, i knew some foul play was going on. Thanks!

nightprowler10
06-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Some people just don't get the art of exaggeration...

RoseCity07
06-27-2012, 05:46 PM
To the kid that said we have the worst medical staff ever I say not really. I was watching the Blazers vs Utah series from 2000. Jay Jensen was the trainer then and we had zero injuries.

Zach Randolph even came back from a microfracture surgery and was fine. The only two injuries to players have been to injury prone players like Oden and Roy. We knew Roy had terrible knees and Oden's body just hasn't held up at any point.

So two players being injury prone makes Portland's medical staff the worst ever? It couldn't be that your view is skewed because of how important those two players are?

Mike Barrett
06-28-2012, 06:26 PM
First of all, we know Portland is the greatest city on Earth, also known as the Holy Land. It brings great joy to myself to be apart of this franchise and this great city. With great fans, great citizens, and with the lowest crime rate in the world. We are blessed.

That said, ask away. Discuss the greatness of Brandon Roy, or Boom Boom Batum, or the strongest, most athletic, most versatile big that this game has ever seen, LaMarcus Aldridge.

Also, we know the NBA Draft is coming up, and Portland gets to select #6, yes we did get screwed, we should have had a higher pick, BUT, the NBA forgot the Nets would have had our pick, so in the end, it payed off. With this pick, we are gonna make the most terrific selection in the draft, with the greatest player in the draft.. in Damian Lillard. He is already the most athletic player in the league, with the speed of DRose and Westbrook combined, with a jumpshot that would put Reggie Miller and Ray Allen to shame.. and a passing ability to make Nash look like a preschool child. It is with great pleasure to draft the greatest player since we have seen with LaMarcus Aldridge, and Brandon Roy.

http://www.csnnw.com/sportsnetCSNNW/thumbnails/Sportsnet_-_Northwest/95/252/0615LillardPitchtoFans-CSNNWWebOutput_640x360_2246310071.jpg

Could not have said it better myself, Mike!

Damien Lillard is the best PG this league will ever see. It will be a joy to not only have him in the league but more importantly as a member of the great Portland Trailblazers.

Mike Barrett
06-28-2012, 06:31 PM

Not fair, that is a low-ball comment. If Greg Oden and Brandon Roy were not targeted by other teams, then this would not have been valid. We as an organization are requesting an investigation as it is clearly evident that players were trying to harm Oden and the great Roy while referees were purposely not calling the excessive fouls committed. Complete unsportsmanlike conduct and the league better do something about this. This league and the referees involved is ever growing as the most rigged and homosexual era yet.

On a lighter note, I can't wait to welcome Damien Lillard to the Portland Trailblazer organization. He is by far the greatest prospect in this draft and I am utterly shocked he is slipping so deep in the draft. But I can't complain, we are just blessed to pair Lillard and Aldridge together.

Haymaker
06-28-2012, 06:36 PM
So can Greg Oden and Brandon Roy sue anybody for their career-ending injuries? I doubt the hardwood had anything to do with Roy's lack of meniscus.

Mike Barrett
06-29-2012, 08:45 PM
Well, we got the best PG and best C in the draft. Big win for the Blazers.

A+ draft

https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/1605568951/tpic.jpg

Joshumitsu
06-29-2012, 11:02 PM
It's too bad everyone other than Blazer fans won't be able to understand the humor behind this.

Anyway, Mike and Mike, do you think the Blazers will pursue a free agent this summer and if so, whom?

(e)
06-29-2012, 11:05 PM
Hahahahahaha what a damn joke

noosaman
06-29-2012, 11:12 PM
Not to be rude but you couldn't pay me to live in Portland

Rekindled
06-29-2012, 11:12 PM
who has the most homeristic announcing crew. Celtics, Blazers, Bulls or Spurs

Mike Rice
07-14-2012, 07:36 AM
So can Greg Oden and Brandon Roy sue anybody for their career-ending injuries? I doubt the hardwood had anything to do with Roy's lack of meniscus.

Unfortunately, they are not allowed to. Serious consequences would occur if they even thought about it.

Mike Barrett
07-17-2012, 12:39 AM
Well, Damian Lillard and Meyers Leonard are dominating the summer league.

Mr Exlax
07-17-2012, 09:31 AM
To the kid that said we have the worst medical staff ever I say not really. I was watching the Blazers vs Utah series from 2000. Jay Jensen was the trainer then and we had zero injuries.

Zach Randolph even came back from a microfracture surgery and was fine. The only two injuries to players have been to injury prone players like Oden and Roy. We knew Roy had terrible knees and Oden's body just hasn't held up at any point.

So two players being injury prone makes Portland's medical staff the worst ever? It couldn't be that your view is skewed because of how important those two players are?

It's called a joke. Damn man don't be so bitter.

Mr Exlax
07-17-2012, 09:33 AM
Do you guys see how your fans stick up for ya? I couldn't even mess around with you guys without somebody getting butthurt.

bleedinpurpleTwo
07-17-2012, 09:42 AM
why is portland willing to grossly overpay for an above average player like Batum?...who is, at best, Luol Deng.

ZenMaster
07-17-2012, 09:46 AM
why is portland willing to grossly overpay for an above average player like Batum?...who is, at best, Luol Deng.

Because there's no viable plan in place on how to replace him if you let him go in free agency.

Mike Barrett
08-08-2012, 11:55 PM
How many jealous teams are there over the fact WE drafted Lillard? Ha-ha.

Mike Rice
08-09-2012, 12:01 AM
How many jealous teams are there over the fact WE drafted Lillard? Ha-ha.

Haha. I bet they are infuriated, Mike. We selected the best player to come out of the draft since the great LaMarcus Aldridge.

Mike Barrett
08-09-2012, 12:12 AM
Haha. I bet they are infuriated, Mike. We selected the best player to come out of the draft since the great LaMarcus Aldridge.
Yes Mike. The fans around the world are as they say, butt-hurt?

Freedom Kid7
08-09-2012, 01:25 AM
I asked one of you a couple of questions in the other thread, but I do have one more:
-Throughout all the players you've seen in a Blazers uniform, who did you like the most on the court? Off the court?

Fiasco
08-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Why is this gimmick so unfunny?

Dr. Cheesesteak
08-09-2012, 01:39 AM
is it true Portland has the best strippers in the country?

KG215
08-09-2012, 02:02 AM
So you Blazer fans...I'm guessing these two guys are major homers in real life, that do nothing but constantly pump sunshine and overrate any and every thing Blazers related?

Mike Rice
08-09-2012, 02:07 AM
I asked one of you a couple of questions in the other thread, but I do have one more:
-Throughout all the players you've seen in a Blazers uniform, who did you like the most on the court? Off the court?

Great question. After some thought, I must say that my favorite Blazer on and off the court is definitely Brandon Roy. When I see him, it brightens my day because I know he will bring passion, commitment, honesty, and loyalty to this organization. He is an extremely hard worker that inspires not only his teammates but the Portland fans. He holds various community services to help teach the younger citizens how to grow up to be a better person and he has the aura to help the poor people feel rich. Not only that, but he has been a great influence on not only my self and my broadcast partner, Mike Barrett, but also my family. In short, he makes everyone around him better, happier, makes them enjoy life, and that is what life is all about.

Myth
08-09-2012, 02:52 AM
is it true Portland has the best strippers in the country?

Yup. And the most.

Mike & Mike: How much will the Blazers regret re-signing Batum in a year?

Nick Young
08-09-2012, 02:58 AM

You have the worst medical staff in the league. The mass of injuries speak for themselves, as do the countless articles out there of health care professionals saying all the things the portland med staff is doing wrong.

Burgz V2
08-09-2012, 03:22 AM
now i know where Bill Walton gets his powers of hyperbole from

OmniStrife
08-09-2012, 04:11 AM
:oldlol:

East_Stone_Ya
08-09-2012, 05:09 AM
Yes Mike. The fans around the world are as they say, butt-hurt?

http://images.mylot.com/userImages/images/postphotos/2462581.jpg

Mike Barrett
08-29-2012, 09:34 AM
Oh how bitter sweet is it, we called it. We got Damian Lillard and we let it publicly be known he was the next God since Brandon Roy. They just passed on the best PG to play this game.

Mike Rice
11-24-2012, 01:39 AM
Oh how bitter sweet is it, we called it. We got Damian Lillard and we let it publicly be known he was the next God since Brandon Roy. They just passed on the best PG to play this game.

Haha, indeed!

Mike Rice
05-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Haha! We told you guys.

MavsPoke
05-05-2013, 04:37 PM
Mike Rice has gained +1 points in Necromancy.

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/MTG-ThreadNecromancer_3198.jpg

Scholar
05-05-2013, 04:43 PM
This is such an awful gimmick.

Bandito
05-05-2013, 04:50 PM
First of all, we know Portland is the greatest city on Earth, also known as the Holy Land.I thought that was Jerusalem...

Mike Barrett
09-21-2013, 07:48 PM

Great call Mike, it was an obvious selection but the average moronic fan in the NBA would have not seen this greatness coming.