PDA

View Full Version : Rumor: Clippers 3 Way Trade with Lamar Odom & Mo Williams (Lakers/Clippers/Mavs)

SpecialQue
06-27-2012, 04:17 PM
Reportedly, the Mavs are attempting to trade Odom to the Clippers and will need a third team to get involved. That third team may very well be the Los Angeles Lakers. The three-team trade would send Mo Williams to the Lakers in exchange for the $8.9 million trade exception received in the deal for Odom last year according to Marc Stein of ESPN.com.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-rumors-clippers-3-way-trade-with-lamar-odom-mo-williams/2012/06/27/

I don't know what the hell else the Lakers are doing with that trade exception, so I love this trade. I've always liked Mo, plus Odom to the Clippers would be irresistible.

Get it done, Mitch/Kiki/Donnie!

Rnbizzle
06-27-2012, 04:30 PM
Mo and Kobe.. I don't really see that working honestly. :lol

LBJDW305
06-27-2012, 04:31 PM
Lol...let's see Kobe win now that he has lebrons second option....As his 4th :yaohappy:

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Odom just posted the picture of him getting drafted by the Clippers on Facebook. His camp is totally working it.

Crown&Coke
06-27-2012, 04:45 PM
would be the worst way to spend the TPE

sagr32
06-27-2012, 04:47 PM
would be the worst way to spend the TPEIt is certainly better then just letting the TPE expire like they did with the Sasha TPE though.

R.I.P.
06-27-2012, 04:51 PM
Odom just posted the picture of him getting drafted by the Clippers on Facebook. His camp is totally working it.

LOL Unfortunately Cuban isn

Rowe
06-27-2012, 04:57 PM
would be the worst way to spend the TPE

Would be the ultimate "**** You" move to Ramon Sessions for opting out.

Beatlezz
06-27-2012, 05:01 PM
Boobie Gibson you're next!

http://elyriact.smugmug.com/Sports/Cavs-media-day-2010/CavaliersLifeAfterLeBronBasket/1025752018_zCB2n-M.jpg

:lol :lol

BGriffin's Dad
06-27-2012, 05:11 PM
Mo is better than Sessions... a lot better

Droid101
06-27-2012, 05:12 PM
I don't get the hate here... Mo Williams is a passable point guard who shoots lights-out from 3. Exactly what the Lakers have needed for what, 15 years now? He's not the best player ever, but he's still good.

R.I.P.
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
I think the Clippers/Lakers are probably not holding up this deal. The Mavs probably hope to get more out of this than hot air, but the Clippers/Lakers have no picks this year.

DFish
06-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Mo Williams
Kobe Bryant
Andre Iguodala
Ryan Anderson
Dwight Howard

Wouldn't be bad at all.

Batz
06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
Mo Williams
Kobe Bryant
Andre Iguodala
Ryan Anderson
Dwight Howard

Wouldn't be bad at all.
Where the hell did this come from?

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=R.I.P.]LOL Unfortunately Cuban isn

bmulls
06-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Wait...the Mavs still technically have rights for Odom? Wasn't he waived near the end of the season?

Somebody explain.

Not officially, they just sent him home. They have a team option for next season.

Meticode
06-27-2012, 05:33 PM
Where the hell did this come from?
Where does any of his posts come from? His ass.

I'll never forget... "Look who I found sleeping." Thread.

RRR3
06-27-2012, 05:38 PM

Most of the people there were pretty blitzed:roll: :roll: :roll:

Batz
06-27-2012, 05:39 PM

Never seen that thread. Should I be glad?

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 05:41 PM

http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_le0wjuXzmi1qa2e7ho1_500.jpg

RRR3
06-27-2012, 05:42 PM
Never seen that thread. Should I be glad?
Read it, it's a classic
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238892

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Here is the pic Odom posted on Facebook 3 hours ago...

https://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/c0.0.843.403/p843x403/552717_10151021076472778_732991689_n.jpg

R.I.P.
06-27-2012, 05:55 PM
Wait...the Mavs still technically have rights for Odom? Wasn't he waived near the end of the season?

Somebody explain.

They have till June 29th to make a decision. They can buy him out for $2.6m, but they

G-Funk
06-27-2012, 07:19 PM
The Los Angeles Clippers have engaged in trade discussions to bring Lamar Odom back to the L.A. team that drafted him, according to sources close to the situation.

Yet the deal, sources said, could hinge on the willingness of a third team to take on the contract of Clippers veteran guard Mo Williams, which would allow the Dallas Mavericks to send Odom to the Clippers with no significant money coming back to the Mavericks.

Sources told ESPN.com on Tuesday that one team to express interest in Williams is the Los Angeles Lakers, who still have a trade exception big enough to absorb Williams' contract that they created when they dealt Odom to Dallas.
http://espn.go.com/dallas/nba/story/...lks-lamar-odom

Would be a great deal.

In the meantime it looks like the trade is getting close as Odom just updated his "Official" Facebook page a few hours ago to show the day he became a Clipper.

http://www.facebook.com/search/resul...8&pagefilter=3

SpecialQue
06-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I don't get the hate here... Mo Williams is a passable point guard who shoots lights-out from 3. Exactly what the Lakers have needed for what, 15 years now? He's not the best player ever, but he's still good.

Exactly. Mo's a HUGE upgrade over that comedy show the Lakers have been calling their point guard rotation for the past few years. I mean, when your best point guard during the playoffs is fvcking Steve Blake, you know you need help.

D-Rose
06-27-2012, 07:32 PM
This would be excellent for the Lakers, but kind of funny that they'll be doing a deal with Odom again.

alenleomessi
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Clippers frontcourt will be mad deep next season :pimp:

BGriffin's Dad
06-27-2012, 07:42 PM
Clippers frontcourt will be mad deep next season :pimp:

too bad, keep us out of your bandwagon :no:

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Read it, it's a classic
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238892

This is a good one too: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=241475&page=7

Fiasco
06-27-2012, 07:48 PM
yo wtf WHY ARE WE DOING THIS?

Fiasco
06-27-2012, 07:50 PM
btw Crossover aka Crossdresser's thread about CP3 and Howard was better, because half this board actually fell for it

G-Funk
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM
bump

blacknapalm
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
lame. one of my least fav players

SpecialQue
btw Crossover aka Crossdresser's thread about CP3 and Howard was better, because half this board actually fell for it

What do you mean?

AMISTILLILL

Yeah, then they all backpedaled and were like, "Uh, I don't know if you're just a moron or what, but like... Lakers didn't even WANT Howard anyway."

G-train
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Why would the clippers give a division rival a starting PG?
No need to answer we know why.

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Sweet so the clips are getting Lamar " The CRY BABY " ODOM

SpecialQue
06-27-2012, 07:56 PM
Why would the clippers give a division rival a starting PG?
No need to answer we know why.

I think they've been looking for creative ways to dump Mo ever since he helped convince Caron to sign with them.

G-Funk
06-27-2012, 07:57 PM
lame. one of my least fav players
true but his a good complementary player... I think he's hungry to win one after watching his former bed buddy win it... Players hungry for a championship is what the Lakers need

SpecialQue
06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Yeah, then they all backpedaled and were like, "Uh, I don't know if you're just a moron or what, but like... Lakers didn't even WANT Howard anyway."

I know I've been on-record as saying that Bynum's enough, but Dwight's a hell of a lot more consistent than Bynum, and yes, a better player. He'd improve the Lakers, but it's pointless to pursue a player that has no interest in staying with your team.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Okay this is ****ing getting annoying. You guys realize this is the FIFTH thread on this topic right? I'm reporting for a lock. At least read the damn first page lazy asses!

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
I know I've been on-record as saying that Bynum's enough, but Dwight's a hell of a lot more consistent than Bynum, and yes, a better player. He'd improve the Lakers, but it's pointless to pursue a player that has no interest in staying with your team.

I get that, but that doesn't change the fact that a sizable chunk of the Lakers fan base were spouting off as if Dwight and CP3 were already in the bag. The arrogance was through the roof, even for Lakers fan standards.

Then, when the whole thing fell apart and the dust settled, they acted like they weren't even that into the idea anyway. Literally within days. It was a truly mystifying display of backpedaling.

DFish
06-27-2012, 08:09 PM
as if Dwight and CP3 were already in the bag

They were. Right in the bag. Stern took them out of the bag. You don't understand how solid those trades were, or how reputable my sources always are. The Chris Paul trade was a coon's hair away from completion, and the Dwight Howard trade was so incredibly certain to follow. There's no guess work there. It was happening. Stern bulldozed both; one directly, the other indirectly.

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
They were. Right in the bag. Stern took them out of the bag. You don't understand how solid those trades were, or how reputable my sources always are. The Chris Paul trade was a coon's hair away from completion, and the Dwight Howard trade was so incredibly certain to follow. There's no guess work there. It was happening. Stern bulldozed both; one directly, the other indirectly.

Were your sources pretty blitzed?

hawkfan
06-27-2012, 08:34 PM
If the Lakers get Mo Williams, then Sessions may be gone.

Funnyfuka
06-27-2012, 08:39 PM
lol at mo and kobe fighting for the ball all game long..

ZenMaster
06-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Getting Mo Williams and re-signing Ramon Sessions would be pretty nice for LA at the pg spot!

RRR3
06-27-2012, 08:45 PM
Getting Mo Williams and re-signing Ramon Sessions would be pretty nice for LA at the pg spot!
That still doesn't fix the problem Lakers have defending PG's.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:46 PM

Can't get both. With Mo Williams that forces you further over cap and you lose full MLE if I recall. No way Sessions takes paycut when he opted out to get bigger deal in first place.

B
06-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Can't get both. With Mo Williams that forces you further over cap and you lose full MLE if I recall. No way Sessions takes paycut when he opted out to get bigger deal in first place.:facepalm Lakers have already lost the full MLE, they are way over the tax apron.
They have Bird Rights on Sessions.
Using the TPE on Williams has no effect on anything other than they add another player to the already bloated payroll

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:51 PM
[QUOTE=B

G-Funk
06-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Do you know any player who can defend the top PG's?

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 08:53 PM

Remember when you said this?

putting him in a contender and a team that think they can win a championship..could get him focused.. works for a lot of players...Look at KG was not the best defensively and when he went to the Celtics he was different beast.

RRR3
It's not just top PG's man, you guys got lit up by Ty Lawson and Jeremy Lin.

RRR3
:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
:biggums:

B
06-27-2012, 08:55 PM
It's seems only the Lakers have trouble containing elite point guards. At least that's the feeling I get reading the Lakers forum and the Kobestans.

CP3, Rose, Parker, Nash are actually average players until they play the Lakers. Then they explode for one game and their teams sign them to max contracts.

ZenMaster
06-27-2012, 08:56 PM

Everybody has trouble guarding the 1 spot, lot's of good offensive players at that position. If they'll provide solid offense we'll be alright.

Mo would provide some nice shooting and Sessions can get everybody on the bench going with his playmaking abilities just like he did when he first came last season, it's still one of the most stupid lineup changes going from Blake to Sessions in the Lakers starting 5 last year.

kenny817
06-27-2012, 09:15 PM
If the Lakers get Mo Williams, then Sessions may be gone.

lmao

kenny817
06-27-2012, 09:16 PM

:roll: :roll: :roll:

SpecialQue
06-27-2012, 09:25 PM

:banana:

RRR3
06-27-2012, 09:32 PM

http://i36.tinypic.com/1ptcn5.jpg

BallsOut
06-27-2012, 10:11 PM
If the Lakers truly want Odom back they don't do this trade, and convince him to later sign with them.

If they don't care for Odom, don't just take Mo that easily, make the Clippers take back Blake and give us Gomes + Cash and a future second round pick. Otherwise, no deal. Never help a division rival.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 10:14 PM
If the Lakers truly want Odom back they don't do this trade, and convince him to later sign with them.

If they don't care for Odom, don't just take Mo that easily, make the Clippers take back Blake and give us Gomes + Cash and a future second round pick. Otherwise, no deal. Never help a division rival.

As usual Lakers fans feel they have the leverage in every trade, no matter how delusional it sounds. You realize the Lakers aren't doing the Clippers a single favor right? We are offering you a starting PG for free. Sure he's not cheap but the Lakers aren't GIVING the Clippers anything.

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 10:16 PM

This doesn't even make sense... although that is your typical MO, I suppose.

BallsOut
06-27-2012, 10:20 PM
As usual Lakers fans feel they have the leverage in every trade, no matter how delusional it sounds. You realize the Lakers aren't doing the Clippers a single favor right? We are offering you a starting PG for free. Sure he's not cheap but the Lakers aren't GIVING the Clippers anything.

Lamar Odom, when motivated, is easily a better player than Mo Williams, when motivated.

Why would the Lakers hand him to the Clippers and at the same time, up their payroll by 8 million (double that for luxury tax), when they're trying to shed salary for the new CBA? The only way they do it is if they can shed Blake's extra 4 mill due in 2 seasons, get some cash back to help pay for Mo William's 8 mill (16 with luxury tax) and a 2nd round pick just because I think Sterling is dumb enough to do throw it in.

Now, do you guys want Odom that badly?

blacknapalm
06-27-2012, 10:22 PM
Lamar Odom, when motivated, is easily a better player than Mo Williams, when motivated.

Why would the Lakers hand him to the Clippers and at the same time, up their payroll by 8 million (double that for luxury tax), when they're trying to shed salary for the new CBA? The only way they do it is if they can shed Blake's extra 4 mill due in 2 seasons, get some cash back to help pay for Mo William's 8 mill (16 with luxury tax) and a 2nd round pick just because I think Sterling is dumb enough to do throw it in.

aka the c0ck block

BallsOut
06-27-2012, 10:25 PM
aka the c0ck block

:lol

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 10:41 PM
Last I checked there are 13 teams under cap. Plenty of teams where Mo would be an upgrade to the guard rotation and even start for multiple teams. Lakers are the talked about trade partner because THEY contacted the Clippers for Mo, not the other way around. Clippers can just as easily turn around and trade him to another team.

In otherwords.. the Clippers don't NEED the the Lakers in this trade.. the Lakers just happen to want Mo.

BallsOut
06-27-2012, 10:48 PM
Last I checked there are 13 teams under cap. Plenty of teams where Mo would be an upgrade to the guard rotation and even start for multiple teams. Lakers are the talked about trade partner because THEY contacted the Clippers for Mo, not the other way around. Clippers can just as easily turn around and trade him to another team.

In otherwords.. the Clippers don't NEED the the Lakers in this trade.. the Lakers just happen to want Mo.

In other words, no one other than the Lakers are remotely interested in Mo Williams. Gotcha.

Fiasco
06-27-2012, 11:51 PM
What do you mean?

That idiot Crossdresser made a thread about how he was the dog whisperer of sources and said Paul + Howard were both coming to LA, and a handful of idiot laker fans kept backing him up with weakass statements like "yeah crossdresser wouldn't make this up", while there was literally not a single credible piece of evidence suggesting he had EVER called a trade/rumor right or that he wasn't making this shit up (or paraphrasing what writers on twitter were already suggesting). It was only myself, IAMSTILLILL, and someone else who kept calling that moron out on this horseshit.

After the Paul trade was vetoed, he came on here and made a thread about how CP3 was going to pursue legal action and all that shit, saying that "this is JUST what my sources have released to me", even though some beat writers on twitter suggested the same thing moments after the veto was official.

Point in case: that dumbass hasn't shown his face here ever since Paul came to the Clippers. He was wrong, I piss on his grave, etc.

AMISTILLILL
06-28-2012, 12:03 AM
That idiot Crossdresser made a thread about how he was the dog whisperer of sources and said Paul + Howard were both coming to LA, and a handful of idiot laker fans kept backing him up with weakass statements like "yeah crossdresser wouldn't make this up", while there was literally not a single credible piece of evidence suggesting he had EVER called a trade/rumor right or that he wasn't making this shit up (or paraphrasing what writers on twitter were already suggesting). It was only myself, IAMSTILLILL, and someone else who kept calling that moron out on this horseshit.

After the Paul trade was vetoed, he came on here and made a thread about how CP3 was going to pursue legal action and all that shit, saying that "this is JUST what my sources have released to me", even though some beat writers on twitter suggested the same thing moments after the veto was official.

Point in case: that dumbass hasn't shown his face here ever since Paul came to the Clippers. He was wrong, I piss on his grave, etc.

:oldlol:

SpecialQue
06-28-2012, 12:24 AM

That is so good I'm going to steal it.

qrich
06-28-2012, 12:26 AM

Why would the Clippers give up Mo Williams to a rival to shore up their weakest position when they can keep Mo and use him in another trade OR he opts out combined with waiting for Dallas to buy out Lamar so Clips can sign him in FA?

In other words, no one other than the Lakers are remotely interested in Mo Williams. Gotcha.

Based off of?

WeGetRing2012
06-28-2012, 12:27 AM
I think Odom is more of a last resort for the Lakers right now. Other names like Beasley, Perry, Quincy Miler, Josh Smith have been floating around...

BallsOut
06-28-2012, 12:34 AM
Why would the Clippers give up Mo Williams to a rival to shore up their weakest position when they can keep Mo and use him in another trade OR he opts out combined with waiting for Dallas to buy out Lamar so Clips can sign him in FA?

Based off of?

I haven't heard of any teams interested in Mo aside from the Lakers (and I don't want him tbh).

Mo Williams isn't opting out of his 8 million player option this year. That's the most he's gonna get from any team, he's not dumb.

Story Up
06-28-2012, 12:36 AM
Uhm, hell yes! This would be awesome for LA. I would then only trade Gasol for Wiz offer. Then draft Barnes, and if Minnesota wants Hill for Beasley then do it.

Bynum, Blatches, Barnes, Bryant & Mo

Bynum/Blatche
Blatche/Artest
Barnes/Beasley/Ariza/Matt Barnes
Bryant/Goudelock
Mo/Blake

The bench is a lot better with Beasley, Artest, and Ariza leading the charge. Great prospect in Barnes at SF, finally another reliable shooter in Mo and still potential from Blatche.

We can essentially get Mo, Beasley, Ariza, Blatche and 3rd pick for Gasol, TPE and Hill.

Or get Nash to come to LA and that's it.

This is a strong, athletic and youthful group with a ton of offensive prowess.

qrich
06-28-2012, 12:39 AM
I haven't heard of any teams interested in Mo aside from the Lakers (and I don't want him tbh).

Mo Williams isn't opting out of his 8 million player option this year. That's the most he's gonna get from any team, he's not dumb.

Once Deron chooses where he goes, I'm sure some of the teams chasing for him will deal a tpe and a 2nd to get Mo, since Mo is a good stop gap that is expiring. He also has shown his veteran leadership with the Clippers as he was the main guy scheduling work outs during the lock out.

Its not like the guy has a bad contract or is a bad player. Hell, I can see the Rockets possibly contacting the Clippers for Mo if they include Lowry in a deal for Dwight as well.