PDA

View Full Version : Who do u think is going to explode next season?

Bigsmoke
06-27-2012, 07:49 PM
2008 we seen Chris Paul take his game to another level
2009 it was Roy and then his knee exploded after that :lol
2010 was Kevin Durant
2011 we had Derrick Rose getting it in
2012 Kevin Love was an animal. Bynum also improved.

what about 2013?

SpecialQue
06-27-2012, 07:51 PM
This year is going to be Kyrie's year, especially if the Cavs start getting more talent around him.

I can also see Blake making a leap due to playoff experience and having an off-season to practice with CP3 and get better chemistry.

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 07:52 PM
Ty Lawson.

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 07:54 PM
List of players I am hoping breaks out maybe not to that level but I got

Eric Gordon
Greg Monroe
Brandon Knight
Contract year for Josh smith so I think he steps it up even more.
Ty lawson
Let's hope John wall
Demarcus Cousins

Bigsmoke
06-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Ty Lawson.

i think he reached his ceiling.

My pick is Blake Griffin
25ppg/12rebounds/57FG%

Or maybe Brook Lopez will come out strong. :lol

AMISTILLILL
06-27-2012, 07:57 PM

That's a pretty big assumption to make based on... absolutely no empirical evidence to speak of.

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM

My pick is Blake Griffin
25ppg/12rebounds/57FG%

Or maybe Brook Lopez will come out strong. :lol

Seriously He is 24. He won't have to play along side miller anymore either so he can take over games more.

veilside23
06-27-2012, 07:58 PM
harrison barnes :D

i think wall should show he is gonna take this team to the playoffs and contend.

Rnbizzle
06-27-2012, 08:00 PM
Cousins.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Seriously He is 24. He won't have to play along side miller anymore either so he can take over games more.

what more can he improve in?

Blake has a lot of holes in this game and still average 20/10 like nothing.

Kobr
06-27-2012, 08:01 PM
Bynum's knee.

Dictator
06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Kyrie
Cousins
Blake
McGee
Rondo

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 08:03 PM
what more can he improve on?

Killer instinct taking over games. He will get better at creating for open teammates

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:04 PM
Griffin. Recently superstars have all had 3rd year breakouts and many of them were Team USA players which Griffin has a chance to be. A full summer+training camp healthy for the first time of his career with a healthy/good squad will do wonders for his game. I think after everybody was shitting on him all year in the media he's going to come out with a vengeance.

25/12/3.5 with improved free throw shooting, post game and defense. CP3 has already said "I've got to involve Blake more this year" so obviously he's aware of the problem.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Killer instinct taking over games. He will get better at creating for open teammates

i guess.

i agree with the Eric Gordon choice tho'

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:07 PM
Gordon already had his breakout year two seasons ago when he was putting up 24/3/5 through more than half the season before getting injured. He made a HUGE leap in all facets after team USA experience. Will he improve consistently? Of course... but not sure "breakout" is accurate.

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 08:09 PM
Gordon already had his breakout year two seasons ago when he was putting up 24/3/5 through more than half the season before getting injured. He made a HUGE leap in all facets after team USA experience. Will he improve consistently? Of course... but not sure "breakout" is accurate.

He needs to play at least 70 games though to show everyone he can be a consistent force in the league.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:10 PM
He needs to play at least 70 games though to show everyone he can be a consistent force in the league.

Well I speak for Clippers fans when I say we KNOW how great of a player he is. It makes me laugh because New Orleans players didn't realize just how damn good he is at first but by end of season you had guys like Jarrett Jack flat out saying he was easily their best player, their star etc.

Nash
06-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Kevin Love exploded last year to be honest, not this year.

Next year I think John Wall. He'll have a better team with guys like Nene, Okafor and Bradley Beal to play with.

Alamo
06-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Blake Griffin is my pick.

Kyrie will be a beast too. Rubio, Evan Turner, Ilyasova, PG, Dragic, and Brooks will have solid seasons.

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 08:13 PM
Well I speak for Clippers fans when I say we KNOW how great of a player he is. It makes me laugh because New Orleans players didn't realize just how damn good he is at first but by end of season you had guys like Jarrett Jack flat out saying he was easily their best player, their star etc.

I was also a Clippers fan as soon as they drafted Gordon so i know how good he was I just want him to prove all the haters he can stay healthy a full season. I was one of those bitter fans that loved them up until they traded gordon. I liked D.J and Griffin. I still got a little cheer for the clippers though.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:14 PM

Kyrie will be a beast too. Rubio, Evan Turner, Ilyasova, PG, Dragic, and Brooks will have solid seasons.

Ooooo Dragic. With starting spot likely to be cleared for him he has a great chance to win MIP.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2012, 08:15 PM
Kevin Love exploded last year to be honest, not this year.

it goes either way

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:15 PM
I was also a Clippers fan as soon as they drafted Gordon so i know how good he was I just want him to prove all the haters he can stay healthy a full season. I was one of those bitter fans that loved them up until they traded gordon. I liked D.J and Griffin. I still got a little cheer for the clippers though.

You know you can be both a fan of a player and a team right? :cheers: . If you like the Clippers you could have stayed and supported the team AND supported/followed Gordon. I was a big EJ fan and I watch every Hornets game he plays but I'm still a Clippers fan first.

D12"Magic"
06-27-2012, 08:16 PM
If Lopez has a full healthy season with Deron Williams. He can have a break out season.
Monroe
Cousins
Wall will come out strong, from last years disappointment
Paul George
Dragic, considering he may be a starter

colorz
06-27-2012, 08:17 PM
john wall

Kobe 4 The Win
06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
I'm expecting Blake Griffin to have a big year.

Probably Kyrie Irving

Pau Gasol if he leaves LA

Ricky Rubio

MeLO MvP 15
06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Two names that have already been said: Eric Gordon and John Wall.

chips93
06-27-2012, 08:19 PM
wall
turner
batum (feels like every year, we are saying hes gonna break out)
brandon knight
derrick williams
ekpe udoh
derrick favors

EricGordon23
06-27-2012, 08:20 PM
wall
turner
batum (feels like every year, we are saying hes gonna break out)
brandon knight
derrick williams
ekpe udoh
derrick favors

Totally forgot about Favors! good call

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:22 PM
Favors ain't ready but forgot Wall too, he's definitely one.

KG215
06-27-2012, 08:24 PM
I'm expecting Blake Griffin to have a big year.

Probably Kyrie Irving

Pau Gasol if he leaves LA

Ricky Rubio

I don't think Pau Gasol really qualifies for this. He's in his 30s and well into his career. He's already had his "Explosion" season(s).

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Favors is ready! Utah needs to ship out Jefferson or Millsap and start Favors.

Are they really going to give 20 minutes per game for a #3 pick for three straight years? That's just stupid they do that! :facepalm

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 08:27 PM
Favors is ready! Utah needs to ship out Jefferson or Millsap and start Favors.

Are they really going to give 20 minutes per game for a #3 pick for three straight years? That's just stupid they do that! :facepalm

Maybe he's more ready that Utah is. Playing with those bigs he won't breakout though.

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Maybe he's more ready that Utah is. Playing with those bigs he won't breakout though.
They're dumb for not giving the kid a chance.

Millsap is a 3rd tier PF, a back-up on a championship contender. Jefferson hasn't done shit in his career and he's entering his 8th or 9th season. He's just a regular season hero.

They're sitting a potential All-Star behind two third-tier players at their positions. Though, We can't expect Mormons to know anything about basketball.

RRR3
06-27-2012, 08:38 PM
They're dumb for not giving the kid a chance.

Millsap is a 3rd tier PF, a back-up on a championship contender. Jefferson hasn't done shit in his career and he's entering his 8th or 9th season. He's just a regular season hero.

They're sitting a potential All-Star behind two third-tier players at their positions. Though, We can't expect Mormons to know anything about basketball.
:coleman:

RedBlackAttack
06-27-2012, 08:41 PM
A name that maybe isn't as obvious as some of the ones being listed here... I think Tristan Thompson could see a significant improvement from year 1 to year 2. He really needed an offseason and training camp to correct some of his raw tendencies, but the lockout prohibited that.

The talent and motor are there. It is going to be about putting it all together. Plus, it won't hurt to have a more talented team around him.

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 08:43 PM
:coleman:
:confusedshrug: Am I wrong?

Millsap's legacy = the 3-pointers in Miami

Jefferson's legacy = 1 playoff appearances in 8 years (the one in Boston doesn't count)

lilgodfather1
06-27-2012, 08:50 PM
LeBron James
Kyrie Irving
James Harden
Anthony Davis
Kidd Gilchrest

RRR3
06-27-2012, 08:52 PM
:confusedshrug: Am I wrong?

Millsap's legacy = the 3-pointers in Miami

Jefferson's legacy = 1 playoff appearances in 8 years (the one in Boston doesn't count)
Those are reckless exaggerations. Big Al is one of the better centers in the NBA (granted, it's a weak era for centers). Millsap gives you like 16 and 9 IIRC, that's hardly "3rd-tier".

Alamo
06-27-2012, 08:59 PM

Left off Kawhi Leonard

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Those are reckless exaggerations. Big Al is one of the better centers in the NBA (granted, it's a weak era for centers). Millsap gives you like 16 and 9 IIRC, that's hardly "3rd-tier".
One playoff appearance for Jefferson and he got swept!

16 & 9 is exactly 3rd-tier. He's in the same league as the Elton Brand's, Antwan Jamison's, Rashard Lewis' of the world. All good respectable numbers but you don't win with them.

Why continue to go with mediocrity when you have a potential All-Star waiting to explode in Derrick Favors?

RRR3
06-27-2012, 09:02 PM

16 & 9 is exactly 3rd-tier. He's in the same league as the Elton Brand's, Antwan Jamison's, Rashard Lewis' of the world. All good respectable numbers but you don't win with them.

Why continue to go with mediocrity when you have a potential All-Star waiting to explode in Derrick Favors?
Elton Brand averaged 25 and 11 once.
Antawn Jamison averaged 25 PPG as well, and had back-to-back 50 point games.
Just because they're old now doesn't mean they were always the way they are now.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 09:02 PM

I agree with you in principle but I'd say 2nd tier, not 3rd tier. Jefferson+Millsap are a level above Brand, Jamison, Lewis.

kurple
06-27-2012, 09:04 PM

he's played with either Billups, Felton or Miller is entire career

imagine the ball in Lawsons hands for 36-38mpg

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Elton Brand averaged 25 and 11 once.
Antawn Jamison averaged 25 PPG as well, and had back-to-back 50 point games.
Just because they're old now doesn't mean they were always the way they are now.
Being regular season heroes don't put you into the 1st-tier or 2nd-tier class.

Brand put up 20-10 four times, one playoff appearance. Jamison 20-10 a couple of times with a handful of playoff appearances. They were good players but mediocre at best if they couldn't take their teams into the playoffs regularly.

Now a lot of people like to bash McGrady and Carter for not going deep into the playoffs. I'm not one of them. Those guys put up good numbers and always carried their teams into the playoffs. That to me is good enough to put them in the 1st-tier and 2nd-tier discussion, especially if they didn't have much of a supporting cast.

I'm not trying to diss them or what they've done but why stick with mediocrity of getting toss out of the 1st Round every year when you've already seen 5+ years of their peek when you have a young 20-year-old who has All-Star potential?

lbj23clutch
06-27-2012, 09:31 PM
DeMarcus Cousins will be an all star next year. You can book it. I've followed his games all year and he' would've been an allstar if he wasn't always in foul trouble hence the low minutes per game. Dude led the league in fouls.

His numbers per 36 minutes= 21.4 PPG/ 13 RPG/ 1.7 SPG/ 1.4 BPG. Also led the league in offensive rebounds and was 3rd in rebound rate. Oh and he's only 21. :bowdown: He's improving at a very rapid rate, especially for a center.

lbj23clutch
06-27-2012, 09:32 PM

Brand put up 20-10 four times, one playoff appearance. Jamison 20-10 a couple of times with a handful of playoff appearances. They were good players but mediocre at best if they couldn't take their teams into the playoffs regularly.

Now a lot of people like to bash McGrady and Carter for not going deep into the playoffs. I'm not one of them. Those guys put up good numbers and always carried their teams into the playoffs. That to me is good enough to put them in the 1st-tier and 2nd-tier discussion, especially if they didn't have much of a supporting cast.

I'm not trying to diss them or what they've done but why stick with mediocrity of getting toss out of the 1st Round every year when you've already seen 5+ years of their peek when you have a young 20-year-old who has All-Star potential?
Brand and Jamison were legit all stars back in the day. Both are just OLD now.

stallionaire
06-27-2012, 09:33 PM
Pekovic.

RRR3
06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
DeMarcus Cousins will be an all star next year. You can book it. I've followed his games all year and he' would've been an allstar if he wasn't always in foul trouble hence the low minutes per game. Dude led the league in fouls.

His numbers per 36 minutes= 21.4 PPG/ 13 RPG/ 1.7 SPG/ 1.4 BPG. Also led the league in offensive rebounds and was 3rd in rebound rate. Oh and he's only 21. :bowdown: He's improving at a very rapid rate, especially for a center.
Agreed. Cousins is a beast. If he can work on his efficienc :eek:

niko
06-27-2012, 09:34 PM
I think Marshon Brooks and Schumpert, both SG sophmores in the NY area. Shump was about ready to go off when he got hurt (his jumper was suddenly money, with no drop off in his defense.) Brooks got caught between a rookie wall and Deron taking the season off practically in the 2nd half (hurt, would play half assed, etc.) Well, that's done, Deron will be much more motivated to get Brooks involved, and i think the pairing works very well together.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 09:36 PM

Brand was in the MVP race in 06, hardly a 2nd tier PF. Jamison yes but Brand doesn't belong in that group and I hate him so for me to say that takes a lot. Brand and Webber were elite PF's in their own right and had Duncan+KG not been such elite, top 5 PF's they would have had more shine.

Bigsmoke
06-27-2012, 09:37 PM
I think Marshon Brooks and Schumpert, both SG sophmores in the NY area. Shump was about ready to go off when he got hurt (his jumper was suddenly money, with no drop off in his defense.) Brooks got caught between a rookie wall and Deron taking the season off practically in the 2nd half (hurt, would play half assed, etc.) Well, that's done, Deron will be much more motivated to get Brooks involved, and i think the pairing works very well together.

Oak Park stand up :djparty

RRR3
Shumpert tore his ACL how the **** is he going to explode next year?:biggums:

StateOfMind12
John Wall and Evan Turner.

If Wall does nothing again this season then I'm almost ready to qualify this guy as a bust or an underachiever. He will have better teammates this coming season and they're not even done making moves yet.

I think Turner will explode because he'll get more minutes and because his overall game should improve due to being young.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Not sure why people are using the word "explode" for Evan Turner. Even GOBB and other Sixers fans have admitted he's a good player but doesn't have superstar potential (correct me if wrong GOBB). When I think explode.. I'm thinking perennial all stars or superstars.

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 09:42 PM
Brand and Jamison were legit all stars back in the day. Both are just OLD now.
Sure they were but were they 1st-tier or 2nd-tier All-Stars? I don't believe they were. Maybe borderline 2nd-tier during their best season(s) but that's as high as they reach.

Maybe my ranking for tiers are different from you guys. For me, to be in the 1st-tier class you must be in the Top 7 MVP discussion. 2nd-tier Top 8-15 MVP discussion.

RRR3
06-27-2012, 09:43 PM
Sure they were but were they 1st-tier or 2nd-tier All-Stars? I don't believe they were. Maybe borderline 2nd-tier during their best season(s) but that's as high as they reach.

Maybe my ranking for tiers are different from you guys. For me, to be in the 1st-tier class you must be in the Top 7 MVP discussion. 2nd-tier Top 8-15 MVP discussion.
Brand was 7th in MVP voting in 2006.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Brand should of been top 5 but Clippers players obviously didn't get any love then. 24.7 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.6 apg apg, 2.5 bpg on good efficiency is a tier 1 PF in every sense of the word. Jamison never had an all around game like that although he was an all star caliber PF for a few years.

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 09:48 PM
Brand was 7th in MVP voting in 2006.
Case closed, I win! :D

One year in the top 10 MVP voting out of a 13-year career does not put him 1st/2nd tier class.

RRR3
06-27-2012, 09:49 PM
Brand should of been top 5 but Clippers players obviously didn't get any love then. 24.7 ppg, 10 rpg, 2.6 apg apg, 2.5 bpg on good efficiency is a tier 1 PF in every sense of the word. Jamison never had an all around game like that although he was an all star caliber PF for a few years.
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Gabuyaux
06-27-2012, 09:51 PM
John Wall

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 09:53 PM
Those early-to-mid 2000's Clippers had a lot of talent with Brand, Odom, Maggette, Q-Rich...who else am I forgetting? They just didn't have any leadership. And when they got Cassell, they made the 2nd Round.

They could have really been part of the Lakers and Kings rivalry if they had a veteran leader.

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 09:58 PM
Those early-to-mid 2000's Clippers had a lot of talent with Brand, Odom, Maggette, Q-Rich...who else am I forgetting? They just didn't have any leadership. And when they got Cassell, they made the 2nd Round.

They could have really been part of the Lakers and Kings rivalry if they had a veteran leader.

Um... early-mid Clippers... Darius Miles was pretty good. Eric Piatkowski was arguably the best 3 point shooter in the NBA next to Peja and put up about 10 ppg. Cuttino Mobley+Cassell+Thomas (Tim) came and their leadership really turned things around. You covered all of the main pieces though.

AK47DR91
06-27-2012, 10:03 PM
Um... early-mid Clippers... Darius Miles was pretty good. Eric Piatkowski was arguably the best 3 point shooter in the NBA next to Peja and put up about 10 ppg. Cuttino Mobley+Cassell+Thomas (Tim) came and their leadership really turned things around. You covered all of the main pieces though.
Ahh, I forgot about Miles. He had so much potential coming into the league, never lived up it.

The new Clippers are like that, with Chris Paul coming in and being the leader. Hopefully, your owner don't f--k it up. :lol

Clippersfan86
06-27-2012, 10:06 PM
Ahh, I forgot about Miles. He had so much potential coming into the league, never lived up it.

The new Clippers are like that, with Chris Paul coming in and being the leader. Hopefully, your owner don't f--k it up. :lol

Haha so far it's looking like he's going to. Already started with worst offseason in years by bringing back Vinny and letting Olshey go :facepalm . Next Sterling is going to negotiate Griffin's new contract himself and sexually harass him, sending him running.

Miles was my favorite Clipper back then. Part of why I have so much resentment towards Andre Miller. Traded my favorite player for a dickhead who was pouting and didn't wanna be here from day one. Miles was so gifted that Jordan inked him in his rookie year if I recall. Dude was in that Odom/KG mode where he could handle the ball and run the break like a guard despite being 6'9. Too bad his attitude and work ethic were bad. Then that nasty injury.

NuggetsFan
06-27-2012, 10:34 PM
For Denver Ty Lawson could really break out. Last year was his first full year starting. He's had one and a quarter year of starting. Not even two full years. Averaged 17\7\4 post All-Star on his usual efficient shooting. Averaging 19\6 the last month of the season and in the playoffs. He's pretty much had to defer to a veteran PG his entire career. Billups\Felton\Miller. If Denver doesn't bring back Miller it'll be the first time he's ended the entire team for the full 48 minutes. Of course this is just chiming in on my team. When I say break out I mean compete for the All-Star team .. not like blow up into a superstar or anything. Something like 20\6\3 on good shooting tops. Basically Tony Parker lite.

John Wall. I've been kinda waiting for him to break out his entire career. Washington finally has put somewhat of a team around him. Not just a team filled with knuckle heads. I think we could finally see him reach his potential this year. He's had stretches of really good ball and had a pretty decent season. 3rd years the charm.

RaininTwos
06-27-2012, 10:34 PM
The sexiest franchise player in the L

http://nilsenreport.ca/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/andrea_bargnani.jpg

He was well on his way to being a monster scorer last year, averaging 23 and a half points per game before injuries derailed his season.

This year I'm expecting him to finish top ten in scoring on about 46-48 percent from the field. I really want dude to improve all around as well, but I won't hold my breath on that.

SleepyCorpse
06-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Jeremy Lin ( have a feeling he'll put together his PG game)
Norris Cole / Chris Bosh - James and Wade will take the season off
Gordon Hayward - Fantasy Star anyway
Javale McGee - Actually getting coached now

Deuce Bigalow
06-27-2012, 11:24 PM
Bynum's knee.
The avatar :oldlol:

IGotACoolStory
06-27-2012, 11:43 PM
By the OP's definition, it's not a break out player like 12 ppg to 18 ppg. It's from a good player to a top tier player.

Most of these choices don't fit that, imo.

I do think Lawson will be better now that he probably won't have to share backcourt with another PG... But I'm not sure he can reach that top tier status.

IMO, it's either Wall (now that he has a team around him) or the obvious Irving.

Another is DeMarcus Cousins.

WeGetRing2012
06-27-2012, 11:51 PM
Lin will put together a full solid year.

Cousins has been improving steadily but unless his team get better I doubt we see him take his game to the next level. Because honestly his skill set is already amazing.

If Beasley gets traded to the Lakers I can see him really taking his game to the next level

fsvr54
06-27-2012, 11:55 PM
How has nobody mentioned Jeff Teague? He is going to destroy the league next year helping his team get number 1 seed in the East.

Wally450
06-28-2012, 12:35 AM
Avery Bradley

TMT
06-28-2012, 12:40 AM
John Wall

This is what I was thinking. I think improved teammates will help this guy blast onto the scene.

Kews1
06-28-2012, 12:48 AM
Avery Bradley :rockon:

TMT
06-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Avery Bradley :rockon:

Not a bad choice at all. Seeing as he'll most likely be the starting 2 for the C's next season and will get plenty of looks from Rondo.

Zackmorris
06-28-2012, 01:52 AM
Like others said, DeMarcus Cousins

brandonislegend
06-28-2012, 01:58 AM
John Wall.

LakersReign
06-28-2012, 02:11 AM
Kevin Durant:cheers:

Mr. Incredible
06-28-2012, 02:20 AM
LeBron James.

30 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg.

MVP
FMVP
Champ

MVP sweep for the 2nd year in a row

lbj23clutch
06-28-2012, 02:23 AM
LeBron James.

30 ppg, 10 rpg, 6 apg.

MVP
FMVP
Champ

MVP sweep for the 2nd year in a row
I think KD or CP3 will win the MVP next year. Depends on team records though

The Big Skinny
06-28-2012, 02:23 AM
Oak Park stand up :djparty

Shumpert is from there? I was born there and know nothing about it. moved before I turned 1.

anyways, For the love of all things holy, John Wall please!

SacJB Shady
06-28-2012, 02:41 AM
With the addition of Bogut and the absence of Monta, I would have to guess it would or could be Stehpen Curry.

Lakers Legend#32
06-28-2012, 02:43 AM
Who's going to explode? Get me alone with Sue Bird and I'll make her explode!:lol

SacJB Shady
06-28-2012, 02:47 AM
Who's going to explode? Get me alone with Sue Bird and I'll make her explode!:lol

who is that in your avatar

Timmy D for MVP
06-28-2012, 02:48 AM
Hmm...

Cousins is one.

Hibbert seems to be consistently improving.

I like Goran Dragic now that he has the keys.

Jrue Holiday may take a step.

blablabla
06-28-2012, 05:40 AM
Eva Turner if Iggy leaves

Lebron23
06-28-2012, 05:46 AM
Cousins will be an All Star next season.

Andi
06-28-2012, 06:29 AM
I really like the young core of Rockets thats why I have high hopes of Dragic and Parsons together on the court, and Lee in the backcourt. Makes me think Dragic is going to have a breakout year.

Oh, and Paul George, everyone has high opinion of him..

Redoks
06-28-2012, 06:51 AM
Ricky Rubio, K.Irving and probably Kevin Love.

Jyap9675
06-28-2012, 07:38 AM
Irving for sure.

Still hoping for Curry to explode... But seems like his upside will be of Bibby's not Nash ;(

alenleomessi
06-28-2012, 08:14 AM
Eric Gordon top 3 in scoring next season, leads the Hornets to the playoffs.

SilkkTheShocker
06-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Dexter Pittman DPOY

SilkkTheShocker
06-28-2012, 08:33 AM

Wall is trash

niko
06-28-2012, 08:40 AM
Shumpert tore his ACL how the **** is he going to explode next year?:biggums:
He'll be back by January on the latest timetable, it's not as bad as Rose's was. That's plenty of time to get things together by end of season.

MJ(Mean John)
06-28-2012, 09:04 AM
Marshon brooks

v1ncelis
06-28-2012, 09:08 AM
EJ and Melo

schism206
06-28-2012, 09:36 AM
Adam Morrison

Bigsmoke
06-28-2012, 09:47 AM
Ricky Rubio, K.Irving and probably Kevin Love.

35ppg/17RPG/

1 blocks :lol

nathanjizzle
06-28-2012, 09:56 AM
probably kyrie irving and alittle bit of jeremy lin

MisterAmazing
06-28-2012, 10:20 AM
Kyrie
Cousins
Blake
McGee
Rondo

pretty much this.

baccano
06-28-2012, 11:05 AM
Cousins, wall, kyrie.

nashwade
06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
Was gonna say rondo but he already exploded didn't he

J lin then

ihoopallday
06-28-2012, 11:29 AM
Kyle Lowry

nightprowler10
06-28-2012, 12:07 PM
John Wall.

Jailblazers7
06-28-2012, 12:11 PM
Eva Turner if Iggy leaves

Yep, came here to post this.

imdaman99
06-28-2012, 12:17 PM
wall, cousins, lin, melo (maybe not explosion, but i can see averaging 28-7-4 and leading knicks to 3rd seed.

Richesly
06-28-2012, 12:18 PM
Jeff Teague.

glidedrxlr22
06-28-2012, 12:33 PM
Nic Batum!

DCL
06-28-2012, 12:36 PM
2008 we seen Chris Paul take his game to another level
2009 it was Roy and then his knee exploded after that :lol
2010 was Kevin Durant
2011 we had Derrick Rose getting it in
2012 Kevin Love was an animal. Bynum also improved.

what about 2013?

but ultra top picks are expected to explode sooner or later. its the middle guys who surprise when they rise outta nowhere.

AAckley1
06-28-2012, 12:48 PM
Griffin. Recently superstars have all had 3rd year breakouts and many of them were Team USA players which Griffin has a chance to be. A full summer+training camp healthy for the first time of his career with a healthy/good squad will do wonders for his game. I think after everybody was shitting on him all year in the media he's going to come out with a vengeance.

25/12/3.5 with improved free throw shooting, post game and defense. CP3 has already said "I've got to involve Blake more this year" so obviously he's aware of the problem.

I hope that 3.5 isn't blocks....or assists for that matter.

alwaysunny
06-28-2012, 12:51 PM
I hope that 3.5 isn't blocks....or assists for that matter.

He averaged 3.8 assists this season..

Doranku
Greg Monroe

LikeABosh
John wall. 20 per game. 10 assists.

RRR3
06-28-2012, 01:02 PM
Mario Chalmers

eeemmad
06-28-2012, 01:32 PM
List of players I am hoping breaks out maybe not to that level but I got

Eric Gordon
Greg Monroe
Brandon Knight
Contract year for Josh smith so I think he steps it up even more.
Ty lawson
Let's hope John wall
Demarcus Cousins

This. And Evan Turner

ralph_i_el
06-28-2012, 02:01 PM
john wall (I'm thinking 20ppg 9ast on better shooting)
nic batum
anthony davis
jrue holiday
kennith farried

lbj23clutch
06-28-2012, 03:19 PM
Greg Monroe
:applause:

1st one to acknowledge him.

rufuspaul
06-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Stephen Curry
Roy Hibbert
Brook Lopez

KyrieTheFuture
06-28-2012, 03:40 PM
Andrew Bynum's Knee
Kyrie
Wall
Griffin
A lot of the others depend on trades/draft situation

Fudge
06-28-2012, 03:41 PM
I know I've been saying this the past 2 years, but i'm STILL waiting on DeMar DeRozan. He has all the tools to be an all-star calibur SG.

Dagouch
06-28-2012, 03:46 PM
Not sure If he's going to blow up but I think has Potential is Danny Granger. He's had some flashes. We shall see.

flipogb
06-28-2012, 03:50 PM
Not sure If he's going to blow up but I think has Potential is Danny Granger. He's had some flashes. We shall see.
he averaged 25 pts in 08-09 season

Dagouch
06-28-2012, 03:54 PM
True but He was subpar in the Heat series. I'll give him a bit of pass of his Injury but I think he can be a greater force. Pacers are a team on the rise. Not enough to challenge Miami but will be good.

Fudge
06-28-2012, 03:56 PM
Eh, he's 29 this season. I think he's reached his peak in 08-10.

Lebronn23
06-28-2012, 03:57 PM
http://www.houseofyoungj.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/nba_u_lebron-trophy11_614-550x559.jpg
Triple Doubles.

Dagouch
06-28-2012, 03:59 PM
that is very scary problem for the league.

A Motivated Lebron is very dangerous. If he keeps posting up more and more he will be that monster.

rufuspaul
06-28-2012, 04:10 PM
http://www.houseofyoungj.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/nba_u_lebron-trophy11_614-550x559.jpg
Triple Doubles.

Spoelstra looks like a psycho killer.

TheNaturalWR
06-28-2012, 04:58 PM
John Wall.

no pun intended
06-28-2012, 05:03 PM
Cousins.
This. And Goran Dragic.

Dictator
06-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Bynum could...possibly

CelticBaller
06-28-2012, 05:20 PM
Rondo

nightprowler10
06-28-2012, 05:21 PM
Greg Monroe
This could be a pretty good call.

ILLsmak
06-28-2012, 06:01 PM
Bynum's knee.

I like to go through threads with joke-able titles and wait for the first joke. Not bad, not bad.

-Smak

BuffaloBill
07-02-2012, 06:58 PM
I have a feeling Derrick Williams will have a solid sophomore season. He's a hard worker and he can only get better.